The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2002, 02:46 PM   #1
Isilya
Wight

Location: At the bottom of a black hole. Actually, it's quite nice. Hey, is that Elvis?!
Isilya has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Isilya
Silmaril New Quiz....sort of

All righty!! I have a fairly profound interest in Numerology. For those of you that don't know what it is, I'll explain: Numerology is the belief that the numbers in your name represent your personality. Now, as to the quiz portion. I have matched each member of the Fellowship up with a certain number ranging from 1 to 9. Now before you go ranting on about how the number of their name doesn't match the number they're listed with, it's because some characters had the same number, so I had to spread it out.

This is how it works. Each letter of the alphabet has a certain numerical value. Find the values that spell your name and add them up. It should be a two digit number. Then add the two digits together, then together again. If you get a one digit number the first time you add them up, stick with that number. Here's the chart:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A B C D E F G H I
J K L M N O P Q R
S T U V W X Y Z

This is an example:

Elenya Linden
E L E N Y A L I N D E N
5+3+5+5+7+1+3+9+5+4+5+5 = 57
5+7 = 12
1+2 = 3
Therefore, Elenya Linden is a Three.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are the matches:

Ones - Aragorn
Numerologists say that ones are powerful, stubborn, and self-reliant. They are pioneers and leaders and do not take orders well. They concentrate on what they are doing and have good memories.

Twos - Legolas
You have a soft, sweet nature and are quiet and tactful. You love peace and harmony and tend to play second fiddle. Twos are followers, not leaders and they don't like to assert themselves.

Threes - Pippin
People whose names add to three are imaginative, brilliant and energetic. Threes are witty, charming, and likely to be very successful in life. They are easy-going and lucky.

Fours - Gimli
Fours are solid and practical. They are efficient and like to think of themselves as respectable members of society. They like steady, hard work and are do not easily show their emotions.

Fives - Merry
Fives are nervous, clever, and impatient. They love the new and unsusual - travel, new people, different surroundings. Fives also enjoy gambling and risks. They make excellent salespeople, even though they are sometimes conceited and sarcastic.

Sixes - Sam
Sixes are kindly and reliable. Their loyal and affectionate nature makes them well suited for family life. Wholesome and conventional, they may be more successful in the long run than threes and fives. They are happiest in a quiet group of family and friends. They sometimes tend to be conceited and gossipy.

Sevens - Frodo
Seven stands for the scholar and philosopher. Sevens tend to withdraw from the world and meditate. They are dignifies, serious, and self controlled. Sevens have no interest in money or physical comfort. They have powerful minds, but there is a strange, dreamy side to their character. They are bad at explaining themselves, and dislike being questioned.

Eights - Boromir
People with this number are tough and practical, successful business men or politicians, but their way in life is not easy. Their careers are full of hard and difficult work. They can be selfish and unscrupulous and these qualities often make them unpopular. Beneath their efficient surface, eights are often rebels. They are constantly balanced between overwhelming success and crushing failure.

Nines - Gandalf
If your number is nine, you are a person of high mental and spiritual achievement. Nines have a great desire to help people at large, but are often condemned as wild and impractical. Their desire to do good may be expressed in a conceited and self-centered way, but that is only because they are too busy loving people in general to worry about individuals.

These descriptions may not fit the character exactly, but it may not fit you exactly either. I, for example, am a two, but I don't always play second fiddle.
Have Fun!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2002, 02:53 PM   #2
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Quote:
Threes - Pippin
People whose names add to three are imaginative, brilliant and energetic. Threes are witty, charming, and likely to be very successful in life. They are easy-going and lucky.
Finally: thank you: a quiz that doesn't have "Legolas" as the final answer for me...and, actually, since I'm into numerology, I knew my number already...

According to people: that is exactly what I'm like...I actually see myself as more of a 2, but they say I'm like a 3...
Old 09-28-2002, 02:58 PM   #3
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

With my real name, I'm a two. With my B-D name, I'm still a two. And that test is very accurate, well for me it is.
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 03:07 PM   #4
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

My real name got 9, which is pretty accurate, I guess... though I don't really "love people in general".
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 03:25 PM   #5
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Well, using VanimaEdhel, I got

Quote:
Fours - Gimli
Fours are solid and practical. They are efficient and like to think of themselves as respectable members of society. They like steady, hard work and are do not easily show their emotions.
Which is just not me!
Old 09-28-2002, 07:30 PM   #6
Isilya
Wight

Location: At the bottom of a black hole. Actually, it's quite nice. Hey, is that Elvis?!
Silmaril

Then use your real name, silly!! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2002, 12:03 AM   #7
hobbitlass
Shade of Carn Dûm

hobbitlass has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Okay, I did my real name, then my lifelong nickname (not hobbitlass) and both came up with 1. That is not me at all. I don't know what happened. I think I was named wrong because I am more of a follower (nothing wrong with letting more appropriate ones forging ahead) and I ceratinly don't pioneer anything. I like being in the background. A bit cautious, yes. I am more of a Legolas or Sam.

[ September 29, 2002: Message edited by: hobbitlass ]
Old 09-29-2002, 12:47 AM   #8
Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood
Eye

Wow! My character name got a seven, which is very much like her. And my real name got a 1, which is almost exactly like me. I'm known for being quite stubborn. I still love Legolas though!!
Old 09-29-2002, 12:58 AM   #9
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Fifth has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to The Fifth Send a message via AIM to The Fifth
Sting

I got a three.

Quote:
Threes - Pippin
It fits me perfectly.
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
The Fifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 03:22 AM   #10
Alatariel
Wight

Alatariel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm a seven...
Quote:
Sevens - Frodo
Seven stands for the scholar and philosopher. Sevens tend to withdraw from the world and meditate. They are dignifies, serious, and self controlled. Sevens have no interest in money or physical comfort. They have powerful minds, but there is a strange, dreamy side to their character. They are bad at explaining themselves, and dislike being questioned.
I guss that's quite like me in some ways... strange, dreamy side, dislike being questioned... that's me all right!
Old 09-29-2002, 08:56 AM   #11
Anastasia
Haunting Spirit

Anastasia has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Anastasia
White-Hand

OK, that was weird! I got a 6,
Quote:
Sixes - Sam
Sixes are kindly and reliable. Their loyal and affectionate nature makes them well suited for family life. Wholesome and conventional, they may be more successful in the long run than threes and fives.
Although I appreciarte compliments
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I am NOT suited to family life! Nor am I gossipy. Ah well... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2002, 09:49 AM   #12
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Sting

Quote:
Twos - Legolas
You have a soft, sweet nature and are quiet and tactful. You love peace and harmony and tend to play second fiddle. Twos are followers, not leaders and they don't like to assert themselves.
NO! YOU LIE! YOU LIE!

OK - I'm calm now. Sorry, but that isn't like me at all. Except I did play second flute for a while...
Old 09-29-2002, 09:56 AM   #13
Isilya
Wight

Silmaril

A lot of people tend to outgrow their childhood/adolescence characteristics after a while. I, for example, am not as self-conscious as I once was. I'm slowly moving from a two to a three, depending on if I use my whole name of my first and last.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:03 AM   #14
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wow!! In sixth grade... three years ago almost, my science teacher taught us that (she was the coolest, but she got fired for showing the Hobbit.) and whatever number you got, you would see what your boyfriend or crush or whatever's number was, and see if you were a match.

Cool, I almost forgot that she taught us this until you reminded me!

I am a...5....for my s/n and my real name is a...6.

So, I am a Merry and a Sam.

Wow...thats cool.

Aylwen
Old 09-29-2002, 10:13 AM   #15
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

With Brinniel I got:
Quote:
Twos - Legolas
I'm quiet, but not sweet.

With my real name I got:
Quote:
Fours - Gimli
Don't know if that fits me either. I'm pretty lazy! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2002, 10:23 AM   #16
Isilya
Wight

Silmaril

Whoa, hold on there Aylwen: You said that your science teacher got FIRED for showing The Hobbit? Say WHAT?
Old 09-29-2002, 10:54 AM   #17
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes...she did. We were watching it one day, (our class was the smallest, nine people) and our old principal (works at a different school) walked in and asked if she could speak with our teacher. And when she came out of the hallway, she paused the movie and we saw she was crying. She told us that she wouldnt be coming back next year and that she got fired. But it was like, May so we got to have her the whole year. She was my favorite teacher. She got fired for showing the Hobbit because our prinipal thought it was bad for the students to watch. Like, demonistic or something.

Man!!
Aylwen
Old 09-29-2002, 01:13 PM   #18
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dûm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
I got 4 with my real name and 3 with my other name! Cool! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2002, 02:27 PM   #19
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Threes - Pippin

That is my real full name. Hmm, I like this. Charming eh? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2002, 12:13 PM   #20
Aramacil
Wight

Aramacil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm a 5:
Fives - Merry
Fives are nervous, clever, and impatient. They love the new and unsusual - travel, new people, different surroundings. Fives also enjoy gambling and risks. They make excellent salespeople, even though they are sometimes conceited and sarcastic.

It's pretty accurate, but i don't think i'm good at selling things.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:17 PM   #21
Kithrèna Greenarrow Legolas
Wight

Kithrèna Greenarrow Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

OK, this is scarry.....

My ScreenName got a 8, so I'm Boromir there.
My real name got an 80, so I take it thats an 8 as well....AND TO BOOT, I'VE HAD BOROMIR WALLPAPER ON FOR THE LAST 8 DAYS!!!!!!.....OK, I'm scarred now.... Somebody call GhostBusters, I think I'm haunted...

[ September 30, 2002: Message edited by: Kithrèna Greenarrow Legolas ]
Old 09-30-2002, 02:19 PM   #22
Aramacil
Wight

Aramacil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

a lot of strange things can happen in the spooky Barrow-Downs [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2002, 03:01 PM   #23
Wight

Eye

I didn't even know Poor Boromir floated here(The Barrow-Downs) though....
Old 10-01-2002, 11:26 AM   #24
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Too weird - I must be a multiple!! LOL

Joy O*** = 35 = 8
AinuAlasse = 30 = 3
Angela Joy O*** = 57 = 12 = 3
KingdomWarrior = 85 = 13 = 4

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 01:31 PM   #25
Laurelin
Animated Skeleton

Laurelin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Laurelin
Silmaril

Isiyla I did your real name and you came out as a 3, a Pippen. Which by the way is so you. I came out as a 4. By the way did you make 4 just for me cause it sounds exsactly like me. And it's freaking me out!!!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2002, 01:32 PM   #26
Laurelin
Animated Skeleton

Laurelin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Laurelin
Tolkien

I'm so sorry I spelt Pippin wrong. I don't no where my mind is today. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2002, 01:47 PM   #27
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElanorGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

With my real name I am:

Quote:
Sevens - Frodo
Creepy! That's pretty accurate.
Old 10-01-2002, 02:21 PM   #28
Lilly Loamsdown
Pile O'Bones

Lilly Loamsdown has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

On my real name I was A 7,on my screen name a 6. But personally I think I'm somewhere between a 7 and an 8. I'v got carictaristics from both.
<font color="pink">Lilly</font>
Old 10-01-2002, 02:24 PM   #29
Wight

Eye

I think this test is haunted [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2002, 08:13 PM   #30
platinumclaw

Sting

Upon my name I got this:

Quote:
Twos - Legolas
This describes me almost exactly. How did you come up with this quiz? Or did somebody else do it? If so, I applaud you.
Old 10-14-2002, 03:12 PM   #31
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

By using my full name (first, middle, last), and also using my screen name (disregarding the 18) I got a six:

Quote:
Sixes - Sam
Sixes are kindly and reliable. Their loyal and affectionate nature makes them well suited for family life. Wholesome and conventional, they may be more successful in the long run than threes and fives. They are happiest in a quiet group of family and friends. They sometimes tend to be conceited and gossipy.
By using just my first and last name, I got an 8:

Quote:
Eights - Boromir
People with this number are tough and practical, successful business men or politicians, but their way in life is not easy. Their careers are full of hard and difficult work. They can be selfish and unscrupulous and these qualities often make them unpopular. Beneath their efficient surface, eights are often rebels. They are constantly balanced between overwhelming success and crushing failure.
The personality test the Barrow-Downs has told me that I'm most like Frodo, but also like Merry and Sam.

I don't think that I'm like any of the numbers described, to be honest.

[ October 14, 2002: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]
Old 10-14-2002, 03:24 PM   #32
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

I chose two of my characters that I have invented: Menelduliniel (from Role-Playing Games) and Celiarajaniä Siratsachint' (a personal story...the main idea for my fanfics "The Lost Races of Arda"...she's a Nymph and her name means Skyhawk Queendaughter (niä is a feminine Nymph name ending)). It was her birth name, although she adapted many others in various languages over the time of her life...both of them got 9 which is:
Quote:
Nines - Gandalf
If your number is nine, you are a person of high mental and spiritual achievement. Nines have a great desire to help people at large, but are often condemned as wild and impractical. Their desire to do good may be expressed in a conceited and self-centered way, but that is only because they are too busy loving people in general to worry about individuals.
Considering well...Menelduliniel was based very, very, very loosely on Celiarajaniä, so they have the same basic history, just different races. Both were exiled for a long period of time for being considered to wild and a threat to the people who exiled them, even though they did nothing really wrong (okay: they killed someone, but...). They are completely 9's, actually...they are trying to further their races (especially Celiarajaniä, who wants to reunite the Nymphs...long story...over 20 pages in size 10 font so far and I haven't even really gotten a quarter of the way through the story) and have basically good intentions...

[ October 14, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 10-16-2002, 03:14 PM   #33
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Are you supposed to use your first, middle, and last name, or just your first and last name?
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 03:47 PM   #34
TolkienGurl
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

TolkienGurl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to TolkienGurl Send a message via AIM to TolkienGurl
Tolkien

I'm a 6! Yay! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I Love Sam!
TolkienGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 08:47 PM   #35
Salix
Shade of Carn Dûm

Salix has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

OK with my full (first both middle and last)name I got 106 which is 7
Quote:
Sevens - Frodo
First and last name was 55 which is 10 which is 1
Quote:
Ones - Aragorn
Numerologists say that ones are powerful, stubborn, and self-reliant. They are pioneers and leaders and do not take orders well. They concentrate on what they are doing and have good memories.
And screen name got me 21 which is 3
Quote:
Threes - Pippin
Hmm, let's see, I'm most like Seven with being lucky thrown in. The 'witty' is from my parents, who are both punsters. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, I forgot. I have the worst memory in the world. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ October 16, 2002: Message edited by: Salix ]
Old 10-16-2002, 08:54 PM   #36
NazgulNumberTen
Shade of Carn Dûm

NazgulNumberTen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to NazgulNumberTen
The Eye

Quote:
Ones - Aragorn
I AM A ONE!!! FEAR ME!!! RAAAAAAAR!!!!