The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2005, 09:35 AM   #11
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Something that children should realize is that most parents would brave Mordor to rescue their children from it if they needed. I admit I was a punk teenager and "hated" my parents at times. Now I feel different. Being a parent myself I see all the sacrifices they went through and all they did for me. I love my daughter so much that I would lay my life down for her if need be. I think Tolkien wrote about that many times, while not directly though. How many of the free people fought to their own death because they wanted their liberty and to, in essence, give that to their children.

Teenagers, just remember that your parents love you. You should go today and thank your parents for being great.

About that phrase of you are judged by your company. Be careful who you hang out with because they usually have a stronger influence on you than you realize, for better or worse.

So I would assign neither parents nor teenagers to Mordor who truly care for each other. Parents who abuse their children should go their. How a parent can do that is beyond me.

Sorry if this sounded overly preachy