The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-26-2007, 12:38 PM   #81
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
All the best wishes, and courage for you Mith!

I think we should keep Mith in if no one will openly declare to replace her place. In the best occasion it's just a Day off.

I was just thinking of referring to those not present on any given Day (Mith on Day1 at least, Gil on Day2) as being our scouts to check the wilderness around us. Is that okay with you people?
I completely agree with you, Nogrod, and to "warm up my own soup" a little bit, I already thought about the way of referring to those who are absent in a very similar way. So I suppose other people will be fine with that...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:18 PM   #82
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Note on Day 1

In the end I decided to let the opening narration more "vague", so characters are not named in particular (though you who are mentioned should find yourselves in that), so you may consider it a roleplaying-aspect and include introducing yourselves in the posts, (and things like asking "hey you over there, what's your name?") I think at least you have something to head for in your posts, which is I think handy on Day 1. Later of course, you'll be already known by the names.

And Mith, if you read this and some way happen to come to participate yet this Day, I leave on yourself the narration, you may say you returned from the hunt as your introduction and normally play then.

Others, have fun!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-27-2007, 06:42 AM   #83
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
OK since noone has bailed me out I will play but don't expect much today ...

Dad is OK .. he had perhaps a TIA but possibly a trapped nerve (complicated) ... but they didn't discharge him until eleven and I didn't get in to work til 10:30 since I had ot take a letter to his GP and get a prescription made up blah blah ..so I ma shattered and I will have to make up time at work then hopefully get to meet the old family friend ... so I will get a token post up... I will try to vote but I won'thave much time to make a careful study. However once today is safely over you can expect more if I survive.

thanks for the support - it is greatly appreciated.

Love

Mith

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:50 AM   #84
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Thumbs up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen

Dad is OK ..
Good to hear that!

And welcome back when you have time for it.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:51 AM   #85
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen

Dad is OK .. he had perhaps a TIA but possibly a trapped nerve (complicated) ... but they didn't discharge him until eleven and I didn't get in to work til 10:30 since I had ot take a letter to his GP and get a prescription made up blah blah ..so I ma shattered and I will have to make up time at work then hopefully get to meet the old family friend ... so I will get a token post up... I will try to vote but I won'thave much time to make a careful study. However once today is safely over you can expect more if I survive.

thanks for the support - it is greatly appreciated.

Love

Mith
Thank God for that! I hope he recovers quickly. Glad to see you back, mum, and I hope you do get to play properly.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #86
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Just a question on the way of doing things. I have used two quotes in my last post. Is that okay or should we use quotes differently?

Like... (the example is stupid but I'm only trying to show the way of doing it differently if the quotes are not good ideas for an RPG-style of playing).

---

Nogrod stood up and said:

"One thing that struck me lately was when I remembered Legate's discussions from the morning. I'm pretty sure that he was contradicting himself when he said: "Do not look for any hints in the narrations... I will put some there."
I'm pretty much secure he's Mīm and we should get rid of him. Or then I'm totally wrong and he deserves my apologies."

With that Nogrod nodded to the others around him and sat back again.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #87
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I apologize for not giving a notice to you, some RL trouble got in the way

Narration coming up in several minutes, then I'll explain more and answer eventual other questions - not delaying things now with it.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:45 PM   #88
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Y'know, I think not posting at all on the first day works better for me, because every game I've been in here, people have called me suspicious for my first game post.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:49 PM   #89
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sorry for posting after the official end of day. I wasn't really paying attention to the clock.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:50 PM   #90
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, now I was about to praise you players for respecting DL even though I wasn't posting it, now I have to retract this a little bit, but never mind, these posts can be kept. They are not undermining the narration, if anything, so it's okay. After all, deadline was not officially announced then; it's my fault. Just to explain this, I ended unplannedly and unexpectedly stuck down in town, which in one way I could have thought about as a possible danger, though on the other hand I thought to be here enough time before the DL to put up the narration.

Nevertheless, thanks to all who respected the DL and thanks if you waited here till the narration was put up; I promise I'm not going to make the same mistake again. Tomorrow's start of the day will be at proper time and marked by a proper narration. (In this way, I'd like to ask all those with Nightly activities to send me their PMs at least one hour before the start of the day, so that the narration can really be put up in time. Thanks.)
Old 06-27-2007, 03:52 PM   #91
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin
Y'know, I think not posting at all on the first day works better for me, because every game I've been in here, people have called me suspicious for my first game post.
To me free-riding is much worse, not depending on the role of anyone. It's against the spirit of the game where everyone should try to play the game together and not only think for one's survival-odds...

Think of a game where everyone adopted the tactics you propose and no one would say anything at all on Day1 (or any other Day for that matter)...

Would that be a game? Playing a game demands that people get involved and actually play.

One either plays with others or does not...
Old 06-27-2007, 03:53 PM   #92
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Exactly, to play without posting is not playing, even if it's tactical. And especially in this game with the narration aspect.

But please from now, no dead-chatter until the game is over.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:35 PM   #93
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Just a question on the way of doing things. I have used two quotes in my last post. Is that okay or should we use quotes differently?
I think you players answered the question for yourselves. It is nice to have it without using the "quote" function if you can, but especially in the last minutes, this cannot be done easily. So unless you are forced to, you may try to avoid it; but in the last moments, when you are in a hurry, many things are forgiven

Gil or anyone who would be going to be absent - please could you post it here on this thread before you will, just as confirmation that you indeed will be absent, and including the information how long? Because I'd like to put that to the narrations as well, and I'd like to have it confirmed and know about the time of your departure/eventual return.

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 06-27-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:32 PM   #94
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Leving thursday day morning around 8 AM, return time saturday evening around 6-7 PM
Old 06-27-2007, 06:23 PM   #95
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Leving thursday day morning around 8 AM, return time saturday evening around 6-7 PM
Translated into GMT, that'd be leaving 2pm Thursday, returning 12-1am Sunday. You do live in MST Gil, right? Because that's my timezone as well...

Anyways, I do have a question, Legate.

Are we allowed to make lists in order to keep track of who voted who in the previous day, as well as keeping up to date on the vote count? For example :

---

Brinn picked up a stick and began to draw in the dirt. When he finished, he stood up and said:

"To avoid confusion, I've made a list of the vote count so far."

Brinn pointed to the writing in the dirt:

(insert vote count)

---

I don't know about everyone else, but these lists usually help me from becoming absolutely confused.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:59 PM   #96
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Brinn: if you do it this way, I have no objections against lists Yes, I think they are quite helpful. Though your numbers are not as big, so maybe they won't be needed as much...

Gil: Thanks for the info (now I got a little bit confused because of the timezones, trying to think if you indeed intended it as Brinn presented it, nevertheless, it makes little difference).
Old 06-28-2007, 02:46 AM   #97
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Just to let people know; I am going clamming Saturday morning @ 5am PST , not sure how long that will take as I've never been. So yeah, just letting people know. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:20 AM   #98
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

With all these timezones around it would be really nice if people could check their own timezone from the bottom of their BD-page and give us the times on GMT which is the universal standard and the difference to which the BD-site gives to everyone.

I can't check from my page how many hours minus or plus to GMT is PST or MST but everyone living in those regions can as it is there all the time in their browser.

That would be much easier.

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-28-2007 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:22 PM   #99
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

5am PST = 1pm GMT I believe.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:28 PM   #100
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkaya
5am PST = 1pm GMT I believe.
You can check it easily from the bottom of your BD-page... And anyhow your message was sent on 7.22 PM GMT. The starting of the Day is 8PM GMT so about an half an hour from now...
Old 06-28-2007, 02:04 PM   #101
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It is 9 pm in the UK which is on BST so 8pm GMT....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:23 PM   #102
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I will be able to participate these early hours of the Day a little and hopefully something in the middle of the Day (gametime), but of the last hours of the Day2 I can't give any promises. We have a meeting with the team that is going to organise a summer-camp in August tomorrow evening (last part of Day2 gametime) and I'm not sure how often and how much I can be online or thinking about the game in general.

My apologies. But it's a question of bringing together the schedules of eight persons and I can't rule tomorrow evening out just because a WW-game is on...

But I'll try to take part as much as I can - and in the best occasion we have dealt all the matters before the deadline (ingame) so that I can come in with some effort in the last hours as well...
Old 06-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #103
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Mod note

Even though Isabellkya did not vote for two days and therefore by rules should be eliminated, I decided to grant her mercy for now because I think she contributed at least by posts quite enough. And considering the original rule was set counting with a "normal" (non-RPG game), I think now the more important is the posting (my original concern was, that if I wrote that it is needed to just post, then someone may just post "Hi there" and go away. Since we have compulsory roleplaying, just "hi there" does not suffice, so there is no problem with it).

I'll grant Isabell mercy for at least one more day, f.ex. if there are some RL issues at her, then if she does not post at all, I'll cut her out after that.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #104
Gil-Galad

i have returned, but i do not plan on replying till tomorrow for i am still really tired and my head is not on straight
Old 07-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #105
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Nice death-scene Legate - although a bit different I was writing in my last post...

But no problem... varied stories are the best ones!

It was fun as long as it lasted.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #106
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Nice death-scene Legate - although a bit different I was writing in my last post...

But no problem... varied stories are the best ones!

It was fun as long as it lasted.
Oh, I hope you don't mind - I had it prepared a long time before and you wrote this in your last post two minutes before
Old 07-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #107
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

As I said, no problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
varied stories are the best ones!
Old 07-03-2007, 03:58 AM   #108
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Tolkien Annoncement

Just an announcement to all players. I'm leaving now and won't have computer access for some time, so I will not be posting the narrations. BUT my wonderful helper Volo has agreed to take the work of co-mod (with the help of undead Mr.Nogrod if it is needed), so from now on, he will post the narrations and all PMs please send to him. (I'll PM all the Nightwalkers now in particular as well, so that no one sends PM to me, thus wasting a kill or ability).
And don't think I'm losing contact, for with Volo's eyes I shall see, and with his ears I shall hear, and nothing shall be hidden from me! And you will see my will working through him.

So, children, be nice; behave as if I were watching you (and I will!), if a Wolf knocked on the door, do not open. I'll surely be back before the game ends. Bye for now.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:08 PM   #109
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Thumbs up

I hope I'll be able to keep things under control. At the moment I'm lacking a computer to use at any time, but I think I'll manage with all the narrations etc. Mīm won't be active in discussions, though.

Good luck!
Old 07-04-2007, 05:11 AM   #110
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
If I'm alive tomorrow, I'm afraid I may be participating less. I have a minor operation at 2:15pm local time (1:15 GMT) and I'm not sure how sedated I'll be afterwards... It should probably be alright, but just in case I don't come back after about midday local time, that's why.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #111
Gil-Galad

i also am at risk of losing my computer due to family troubles (again) so i will try to make this day my best...
Old 07-04-2007, 02:20 PM   #112
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I know the dead can't talk but I just want to say how much I would love to be there now! This is getting so much fun!

Please play and let this Day be a remarkable day!
Old 07-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #113
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Sorry for the wrong deadline... I just got my mended computer attached to the net so I was in a hurry.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:53 PM   #114
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
I know the dead can't talk but I just want to say how much I would love to be there now! This is getting so much fun!

Please play and let this Day be a remarkable day!
I agree. I will be watching the Day with much interest.

....Okay, shutting up now...
Old 07-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #115
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

That was really an amusing set up and the roleplaying factor made a nice twist! Thanks Legate for this experience! Well planned and nicely fitted in the story of the outlaws in Amon Rūdh. The special roles were just great - and I knew there was Andróg in the game! *gloats just a little*

Rikae: great work - even though stealing the bow from Macalaure was perhaps a bit too easy task for you...

Macalaure: happily I was lynched as otherwise I would have run straight at you on the next Day. I was so sure you were a werewolf - before I got a PM from Rikae where she asked me quite rhetorically if I'd guess from whom she stole the bow... after that I knew you were innocent. Well done anyway.

tgwbs: I loved that little "dialogue" we had! To me personally it was the most fun part of this game. I don't know if you have noticed one thing though. The last time I was after you when you were a wolf you behaved somewhat the exact same way... There is a kind of aggressiviness or even arrogance in your style at those moments... or should I say an open annoyance... I'm not too good with these finer meanings of the words but I hope you understand what I mean. Check that the next time or I will surely nail you then.

btw. my last remarks in my last post towards guy were not so much meant to release my suspicions on him but to kind of salute him for a good game - and at that point I indeed thought that as he had been one of the really few players who had really put themselves into this game and played with risk I wished to thank him for a good game in that special manner.

Lhuna: you really are a cunning lady! I had a bad feeling about almost all you posted after Day1 but couldn't ever put my finger on what it was. Surely the guy helped in this as he kept keeping my attention in all his questions so I had no time to delve deeper into what you had said. But I do have a piece of paper here beside my computer where I have written in the end of Day2 "Lhuna = wolf?"...

Indeed after my death we had a few PMs with Legate about possible co-modding this game during his absence and I indeed told him that Lhuna and Mac are the last wolves... happily I was lynched before I could unleash a full-attack on Mac.

Congrats to all outlaws and a bow to our wolves who made this an interesting game in the end!

I would very much like to hear how the Nightly actions took place or failed to happen! So who was protecting who and who missed who?
Old 07-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #116
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, I was going to wait for Mac before joining the discussion, but apparently he's still at that darn movie.

Anyway, I was supposed to steal the bow from Beleg, and, having done so, I would win the geme if I was alive at the end, whether the wolves or the outlaws won.

Up until the very last minute on day one, I was planning to try to steal from Brinniel, oddly enough. I sensed a giftedish vibe from her (it was interesting to find out she was Turin after all), but at the last minute, I decided to try Mac first, and Brinniel the next day if that failed.

On night 3, I protected Macalaure. I'm still wondering whether that succeeded, or whether the wolves missed the kill; I assumed they did, but Volo's narration makes it sound as though they attacked every night.

On night 4, I protected myself; (my one certain success); on night 5, I protected Macalaure again. I didn't think the wolves would fall for his "hunter" hint, and hoped they'd assume he was Androg (I was terrified they'd go for me again).

So, obviously, today I was bluffing about being able to protect either one of us...

As for just going back and forth between protecting myself and Mac, my logic, as I told Legate in a PM, was "at least I know he's innocent".

I think this has to be some kind of record for the most missed kills - and the fact that three missed kills was followed by three deaths in one night...wow. What a strange & interesting game this was...

Legate, this was a great theme; I loved the storyline and, though I was doubtful at first, the RP as well.

Noggie, I felt terrible about lynching you that day; your last posts practically brought tears to my eyes!

Brilliant hunting, Brinniel; if you hadn't made the right choice on night 5, all would have been lost.

And I have to hand it to the wolves; Jay, I thought you were innocent until the last day, and, Lhuna, though I was uneasy about you I couldn't find anything solid to rest my suspicions on.

Awesome game all around!

This is one for the WW history books, for sure!

Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #117
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Brilliant hunting, Brinniel; if you hadn't made the right choice on night 5, all would have been lost.
Absolutely! I almost forgot that! It was a great hunt indeed Brinn! *bows down, really low*
Old 07-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #118
Gil-Galad

well i survived this game now too... i tried to be as active as i possibly could and it was a short game too...
Old 07-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #119
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Quote:
Absolutely! I almost forgot that! It was a great hunt indeed Brinn! *bows down, really low*
Thanks. I must say, I've never been so happy about dying.
Though I felt pretty sure I would finally die that Night, I didn't find out for sure until hours later since I was at work. So, I was anxious that entire shift wondering if I picked the right person...

Okay, here were a few of my thoughts throughout the game:

After Day 1, I was almost confident tgwbs was a wolf, mostly for his vote, and he remained at the top of my suspicion until Day 3.

On Day 3, I started out only slightly suspicious of Nogrod, but as he kept posting my suspicion increased. I became less suspicious of tgwbs because his reasoning against Nogrod was so reasonable. His last post made me start to doubt myself, but by then it was too late. Sorry Nogrod, you were too easy a target and I was too easily persuaded by the wolves.

Night 4 began with much frustration, and I decided to focus on the quiets because I felt confident at least one was a wolf. With Gil, there wasn't much to go off of due to his absence, but Izzy's posts had little content and she seemed the most suspicious to me. I decided to leave tgwbs alone because not only was I uncertain about him, but I was scared to death how much damage the death of another loud player would do to the village if he were innocent. As the Day began, I analysed Izzy more carefully as you can see, and by the time I was done and along with Mac's confidence of his own analysis, I was absolutely positive she was a wolf.

Night 5 began with more anger and frustration than anything because not only was I wrong again, but I realised if I died and hunted an innocent (aside from Nienor), I would end and lose this game for the innocents. In order not to make another mistake, I took a long and careful analysis of every player (except Mac and Rikae, who I knew were innocent). Previously, I had been confident that if the wolf wasn't Izzy, it'd be Gil. Then I realised how unlikely it'd be that he was a wolf (or gifted) due to his extended absence. And though his attack on me made me uneasy, I remembered how like him that was. Besides...the last time Gil was a wolf, he posted a lot and even if he didn't do that again, I would think he'd at least provide a little more information. Of Mithalwen, I was confident she was either Nienor or wolf pretending to be Nienor. And if she was a wolf, I thought tgwbs could be Nienor. On Lhuna...she was someone I never really suspected through the entire game. But on this Night, I came to realise I trusted her too much and she was just too sensible and her votes too, well...safe. She was the only one that in the beginning I was confident of her innocence, and knowing my history of being inaccurate (not only in this game), I decided she just had to be guilty. So, I picked her.

My Hunts:*

Day 1: tgwbs
Night 2: tgwbs
Day 2: tgwbs
Night 3: tgwbs
Day 3: tgwbs
Night 4: Izzy
Day 4: Gil-Galad
Night 5: Lhuna

* I think this is all right, but I didn't save my PMs to Legate and Volo, so I can't remember for sure.

The Day hunts weren't as useful as I realised if Nienor were at risk of being lynched, she'd reveal (unless she were absent). But of course, I was careful.

Just a notice- If I had survived onto Day 5, I would have revealed.

PM quotes are coming next, because I know how you all love to read them (and I hope you do the same, wolves).
Old 07-05-2007, 07:35 PM   #120
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

The Captains talk: Night 1

First of all, my role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
You are an innocent Outlaw, but your true name is Tśrin. You are hiding among the Outlaws, though Beleg, your Ranger friend, is among the ranks of the Outlaws as well. He is innocent and hiding under the name of Macalaure. He knows your identity, as you know his. What more, rumor says that your sister, Nienor, went to search for you and is hiding among the Outlaws as well. She's innocent, though you don't know in what disguise she's hiding (it can be even a male disguise!). In these grave circumstances, you cannot take her safely home until the wolf threat is removed. Though you fear if anything happened to her, you probably won't be able to bear the loss and end your own life soon after.
You post on the game thread during the Day. You may PM your friend Beleg during the Night. At any time of the Day and once per Night, you may PM me name of one player whom you kill in case you are lynched or in any other way killed. You cannot PM any other player than Beleg. You win when all the wolves are dead.
And the discussions begin (though little is said here, as there wasn't much to discuss):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Just as much as I need to seek out the wolves, I've got to avoid Nienor. I don't know if she/he knows who I am (probably not), but I'm hoping I'll pick up some sort of hint from whoever has this role. Because if he/she is killed, I'm a goner too apparently. And I'm not sure if it works the same way vice versa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Of course, my main aim is to take down a wolf if I die, but if Nienor's death indeed follows mine like mine follows her's, then I think if I happened to take her down with me, it'd at least be better than selecting an ordinary, which would result in the loss of three innocents rather than two...if that makes any sense.

Anyways, I'm slightly curious on what Nienor's ability may be...perhaps a Seer?