The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-25-2003, 10:33 AM   #41
West

Sting

I would like to live in the north where its nice and cold! or anywhere in rohan. I would be human.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:48 PM   #42
Vanaelda

Silmaril

I would be an elf of course... because my name means beautiful elf!! hahaha! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And I also think the no sleep thing is pretty cool. They are also immortal which is pretty cool but there are some disadvantages to that. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] But for the most part elves are my favorite creatures. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2003, 11:35 AM   #43
nPiLL
Haunting Spirit

nPiLL has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to nPiLL
Sting

I would most likely want to be an Elf and live in Fangorn Forest (i would build myself a hut.) Or i would want to be an orc and live in the caves of Moria (Everyone has a little evil in them [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] lol)
nPiLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 06:42 AM   #44
Deagol

Sting

Maybe, my choice would be a human from Dal. Why? Dal must have beautiful surroundigs, especially the mystic lake with the dead dragon inside.
Old 08-30-2003, 06:56 AM   #45
Finnguala
Wight

Finnguala has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'd be human and live in Rohan. I'd be a bit like Eowyn, I guess. Because I'm a girly I have to stay home all the time and I'd really hate that. If I'd get a chance, I'd be riding my horse all day and I'd need nobody around...
I don't need no friends... except for my horse.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:14 PM   #46
Sillabub
Wight

Sillabub has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I know this one! I'd live in GONDOR! and I'd be the younger sister of boromir!
Old 09-04-2003, 03:28 PM   #47
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would wish to be a Noldorin Elf, born and raised in Valinor, who fought in the Five Battles and the War of Wrath and who lived on the Eaves of Mirkwood with Thranduil's folk after the changing of the world.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:39 PM   #48
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

I'd have to be a Man, hands down. For one thing, the swords are the best. Second, I wouldn't want to be stuck as an Elf, fading away as men increase. (I'm FAAADING....fading....)

I wouldn't want to be a hobbit because I would hate being short. (I'm tall, 6'6)

I wouldn't MIND being a wizard...but the hours are lousy.

I wouldn't want to be an orc, because you'd stink at fighting.

I'd live in Gondor, probably.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 08:35 AM   #49
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'd want to be born in the Shire. It's so beautiful and rustic. And hobbits are so carefree and innocent. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Preferably I'd have the name of Estella Bolger... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

~The Fellowship of the King~
Shy Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 02:31 PM   #50
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i would be an elf of the 3rd age of imladris of teh house of glorfindel possibly that would sail to tol eressea with elrond.

OR i would be...oh i can find good points for all the nice races. anything except something bad like an orc or a troll. or gollum....

or i would have liked to be an elf of gondolin who was there but died of a broken heart or something before it was destroyed
Old 09-09-2003, 02:37 PM   #51
Sindae
Haunting Spirit

Sindae has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I'd be a human, of course, and I'd live in Rohan or in Ithilien. Well, perhaps even in Minas Ithil before it became Minas Morgul.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:25 PM   #52
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Let's see.... this is an interesting question.... I would definitly have to be a hobbit! They're care free, fun, and love to eat! I'd live in the Shire (what a shock!), with it's beautiful landscape (the grass is so freakin green!). I'd probably be friends with Frodo (He's cute, he's a gentleman, er, gentlehobbit and he likes to read...hmmmm not bad [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]), Sam (he's just so sweet and humble), and Merry and Pippin (just gotta love those two). Although... I wouldn't mind learning to use a sword (they do teach swordsmanship in the Shire, right?)

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 10:12 PM   #53
Till Hardbottle

Pipe

Salutations!

I'd have to be a hobbit all the way, living in the Shire, living as close as possible to Bag-End. As for friends, I'd follow Bilbo's pre-Quest-to-Erebor route: be friends with all the respectable hobbits and stay away from the outlandish folk.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:46 AM   #54
Mellinde

Eye

Hi! I am from Lorien! My name is Mellinde. Mainen linna aselye? Amin marra...does anyone know what I just said?
Old 10-02-2003, 02:12 PM   #55
NAri Brassbow
Pile O'Bones

NAri Brassbow has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

this is how it would go for me, i would either be an ent because they know how to live the good life, a dwarf because i like metal and axes are better than bows, or a hobbit because all they do is eat, drink and smoke or a beorning because mead is cool.

rate me please

[ October 02, 2003: Message edited by: NAri Brassbow ]
Old 10-02-2003, 03:02 PM   #56
RRyan24

Sting

Hmm... Being a relatively new Lord of the Rings fan I'm not too sure on which would be the best place to live my life had I been born in Middle Earth. As of this moment two things appeal to me. Being either of the elvish race and residing in Rivendell or being human and residing in either Gondor or Rohan.
Old 10-05-2003, 02:40 PM   #57
ArathorofBarahir
Wight

ArathorofBarahir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would either be a Ranger like Aragorn, a hobbit and live in Hobbiton or I would be a Gondorian warrior.

[ October 05, 2003: Message edited by: ArathorofBarahir ]
Old 10-06-2003, 02:52 PM   #58
kittygirl02
Haunting Spirit

kittygirl02 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittygirl02
Sting

I'd be a half Elf, but choose mortality, and fall in love with Merry. *sigh*
Good times, good times..............

I may be different, but differences don't make you special.It's what you do with your differences that make you special.
kittygirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 09:11 AM   #59
Ithilienelf

Sting

I would be an elf living in Ithilien. Hence the name.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:44 PM   #60
Oroaranion
Haunting Spirit

Oroaranion has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I dearly love the Rohirrim, so i would have to join them and live with Erkenbrand (for king of The Mark).

But the Rangers of Ithilien are cool. Mainly because of Faramir.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 05:58 PM   #61
ElizabethGreenleaf

Thumbs up

that's a good quiestion about where i'd be and what i'd be. and who'd be my friends.
i dont know to be on honest. i love everything but the orcs i guess (if possible) i'd like to be half elf and half hobbit if not...then i guess id like to be in the mountains or deffantly Riverdell or Mirkwood and probably an elf. i guess

[img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 06:09 PM   #62
Fire-Galad
Animated Skeleton

Fire-Galad has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think I would be an Elf. I can't decide if I would want to live in Lorien or Mirkwood. Lorien would be nice at the point of Elvish...I don't know how to say this, but it's like you're in Valinor, only nothing really happens there. Mirkwood would be cool to live in execpt for the giant spiders. I hate spiders.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:35 PM   #63
Sirithrodwen123

Ring

I would be an Elf and live in Rivendell. I would make friends with other elves in Rivendell and other elves in other places. I would also make friends with hobbits and humans for I find their inability to walk lightly on things that are not dense enough to hold their weight.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:04 PM   #64
The Dark Elf
Haunting Spirit

The Dark Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Dark Elf
The Eye

I don't know why, but I have some strange yearning to be an easterling. I'm not saying i wan't to be evil (or do I? [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] ) I just like easterlings
Old 01-10-2004, 09:40 AM   #65
Lostregiel
Pile O'Bones

Lostregiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Lostregiel Send a message via Yahoo to Lostregiel
Silmaril

I would be a Happy Istari, and my name would be Lostregiel
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

¡Ay por Lothlorien! Será una vida alejada de los mellyrn. Pues si hay árboles mallorn más allá del Mar, nadie lo ha dicho.
Lostregiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:27 PM   #66
Loke

Pipe

I surley vant to be a wizard Bc they are powefull and wise.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2004, 04:18 PM   #67
Fosco Burrows
Pile O'Bones

Fosco Burrows has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Well being english and living in one our shires it would have to be The Shire! Where I live is near Oxford where Tolkien was based so our countryside would've been the basis for his shire and its perfect! Anybody who has never been to a real olde english country pub should because there are all like the green dragon and the prancing pony....brilliant! I'd live in the east farthing and be a farmer. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2004, 01:36 AM   #68
Alchisiel
Haunting Spirit

Location: At The Golden Perch enjoying the best pint in the East Farthing!
Alchisiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would be an elf. I think they are totally cool. I would live in Rivendell.
I also like hobbits, and men. If I were to belong to the race of men I think I would like to be a ranger. They seem pretty smart and wise.
I could also be a hobbit for I like food, good ale, and nice hobbit-hole to come home to after a night of drinking and smoking pipeweed-definitely the Old Toby.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:39 AM   #69
Mallorniel

Sting

I'd be my Elf self and live in Lothlorien.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:38 AM   #70
Thorongil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thorongil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Thorongil
Sting

It would be great to be a wizard, but since they aren't born in Middle-Earth, I guess I can't. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
So I would like to be one of the dunedain. Our life is quite short, so living 150-200 years is probably OK. Elves go to Valinor, but I want to stay in ME, since I like challenges, and life in Valinor is really easy
Old 01-17-2004, 12:52 PM   #71
Missy Evenstar

Sting

If I was born in Middle Earth I'd probably be a hobbit. And I'd live in Hobbition (duh) in Bag End or Bag Shot Row. And my friends would be my friends Kellee, beabie, mary,and joe,and of course frodo, bilbo, sam, rosie, merry, pippin, aragorn, gimli, legolas, and Sam's Old Gaffer. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2004, 02:02 PM   #72
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'd be a hobbit and live probably in the Tookland or the Marish and wander about into the Old Forest or down(up?) the Withywindle to see ol' Tom and Goldberry occasionally, and take trips to the Misty Mountains and attempt to find Rivendell (always take my troll's bane!)...I may be a simple hobbit, but those Elves are irresistible! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] (I'd probably join in singing "Tra-la-la-lally, come back to the valley...etc. etc." unless they sang it at daybreak outside my window! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 07:07 PM   #73
AKhobbit

Sting

I'ld be a ranger of Ithilian...no wait, i'm a girl. hmmm OK they wouldn't let me, so i'ld leave and go do cool ranger things like killing orcs. I'ld wander all over the place - Gondor, Rohan, I'ld cross the mountains too and go to Rivendell, the Shire....everywhere [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] My friends would be Eowyn and i don't know who else.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:23 AM   #74
PoisonIvy
Pile O'Bones

PoisonIvy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

interesting. i have always wanted to be in middle earth but not as anything else. i enjoy being human, thank you. and i'd probably live in gondor, working in the courts of his majesty lord aragorn and lady arwen. on second thought, i have always fancied to be aragorn's sister. ha! if that would have been possible. long lost sister whom he loves and cares for so dearly since am the only family (aside from arwen) he has left. my personality would might as well be just like his - adventurous, wise in the ways of the world...as to how I was lost, maybe perhaps, both of us ran away from gondor at the same time, he fell to the elves but I was lost somewhere...hmmm...
*slaps herself in the face* wake up, poisonivy, wake up!!!

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 02:03 PM   #75
Amariden Ravenhill
Wight

Amariden Ravenhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I am a Hobbit...so I suppose I’d like to join up with those Dunedain rangers. I’d get my own sword and learn about living in the Wild. Plus I'd get to meet Aragorn. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] But I can’t STAND the thought of leaving the Shire.... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img](

Tomboy+Hobbit=two things that never work well together according to Gammer Togwit [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

B-but I AM a tomboy! *wails* [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie'n aurë!
Amariden Ravenhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 05:05 PM   #76
Lenwe
Animated Skeleton

Lenwe has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would Be a Númenóreans and be 1 of the last Dunedain rangers
Lenwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 02:01 AM   #77
yavanna II

yavanna II has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would like to be an elf; reside in Lorien, and there found a school free from algebra and physics! and as for my friends, maybe Pippin will do, or Merry.
yavanna II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 03:29 AM   #78
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

A lieutenant of Gondor. I love the decription of silver and sable armours of the guards.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:19 AM   #79
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Silmaril

I think that I should like to ba a hobbit.

Why?- they are so jolly and happy. Plus they live pretty long, and I would love to live in such a beautiful place as the Shire. Also. I have curly hair, just like a hobbit, and I absolutely LOVE mushrooms! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Galadel Vinorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:33 AM   #80
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Sting

I would be a dragon and wreak havoc on stuff. Then I would take over Minas Tirith and make it mine. And I would hug it, and cuddle it, and name it George (alright, the last part didn't make any sense, but I would want to be a dragon). I would be a big red fire-drake like Smaug and torch my enemies.

If I couldn't be that, I'd be a dwarf, primarily for the dwarf women! Oh yes, laddie, those dwarf women.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:35 AM January 28, 2004: Message edited by: Kransha ]

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Kransha is offline   Reply With Quote