The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #41
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Don't suppose we could just sort of put it off until the 20th?

*ducks rotten vegetables thrown my way*

Something completely unexpected and delightful came up which takes precedent over werewolf. So if we can put it off, then yay, I'm all in. If we can't, then have a blast without me.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:17 AM   #42
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
If I'm counting correctly, then we have 14 players +2 with question marks for this week-end. That's not a number I'd get enthusiastic about, but it would work. Are there any people who couldn't play if we delayed for another half week? Are there any people who would want to join but only could if we delayed more (Legate?)?

Input, please!

In any case, we'd like to get some more occupations from you out there!
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:24 AM   #43
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Are there any people who would want to join but only could if we delayed more (Legate?)?
Quite, quite... I am going to be back on the 23rd. So if you were willing to postpone the start until that (or start the first Night around that time, or do one Day without me, or whatever), I would join without a question. I've had too much of a WW break for the holidays (and the theme looks interesting too). But if not, then I'll just stay with following the game - that's a good thing too
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:41 AM   #44
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Take the questionmark off. I really want to play, whenever it is. (Who cares about final exams. Isn't ww even good practice for the English exam? ) Seriously though, I don't promise to be as flood-posty as normally, especially if we're postponing the start of the game (which is perfectly fine with me).
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #45
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'd find it hard to play if the game started as late as the 23rd.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:27 PM   #46
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
I'd find it hard to play if the game started as late as the 23rd.
As would I. I'll be starting school again soon and starting that late would mean I couldn't dedicate enough time to WW.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:20 PM   #47
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I too am not going to be able to play if it gets pushed back any farther. Even this weekend is going to be pressing it for me, though I said nothing on the strength of the hope that it would get pushed no farther, and because I really want to play, but if we start any later, I'll have to pull out so as not prompt Mod-firing at a later point.

Unless you promise to make a cobbler, then I can flirt with lynching all I like.

For the record, also: since signing up, my summer has started to saturate with activity, so I'm not going to be utterly depressed if you hold the game back and I can't play, so if the numbers warrant it, let it stand that I'm not going to be sad or anything.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:35 PM   #48
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
So let's get this rolling then...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:03 PM   #49
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Occupation = obtainer of rare antiquities
Old 08-13-2008, 08:06 PM   #50
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
If we can't, then have a blast without me.
Impossible.

If you don't play I shall mope around the entire game. And I don't expect others will handle it much better.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #51
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Impossible.

If you don't play I shall mope around the entire game. And I don't expect others will handle it much better.
Oh, I don't know about that. Provoking the irritation of a mopey the phantom has its benefits. Plenty of fireworks, certainly.

And with all the cobblers in this game, there should be a good five or so that will not mind if heads roll.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:24 PM   #52
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
You shall surely find someone more worthy of your adoration than I... Though it may not be for many lifetimes... and certainly not before this game begins... I can only hope that the others can offer you consolation for your loss - if temporary - of me...

I know how terrible the withdrawal can be...
Old 08-13-2008, 08:29 PM   #53
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Note: I'm moving into college on the 16th and starting class on the 20th, so I might be a little less active as I get settled in.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:48 AM   #54
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
What does a good Libra do in such a tricky situation? He tries to find a compromise all can live with. Even if he has to kill for it.

Fea: 20th or later
Legate: 23rd or later
Lalaith: better before 23rd
Kitanna: better before 23rd
Form: not later than 16th

I fear the 23rd doesn't suit many here very well, so I don't think it's a good option. Sorry, Legate.

Fea, Form, would the 18th be a date you could both live with? Fea, you would only miss Day 1, and Form, keep in mind that the village isn't going to be too huge and that on a few nights, two will die.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:02 AM   #55
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
I fear the 23rd doesn't suit many here very well, so I don't think it's a good option. Sorry, Legate.
Bah, whatever. I'll be just watching, then. In that case, just make it worth watching
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:04 AM   #56
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Fea, Form, would the 18th be a date you could both live with? Fea, you would only miss Day 1, and Form, keep in mind that the village isn't going to be too huge and that on a few nights, two will die.
My only hesitation is that if I'm a wolf, I'm missing both Day 1 and Nights 1 and 2.

Really, it's okay for you to play without me.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #57
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
What does a good Libra do in such a tricky situation? He tries to find a compromise all can live with. Even if he has to kill for it.

Fea: 20th or later
Legate: 23rd or later
Lalaith: better before 23rd
Kitanna: better before 23rd
Form: not later than 16th

If you're willing to risk having to modfire me, I'm willing to risk it. That SHOULD be okay, with the smaller game size and risk of high death rate.

It still might help to make me a cobbler, though.

Oh, and I've meant to post that my role will be a "snowbird" (in local parlance, anyway, someone who goes south every winter, usually a retiree from a northern clime. Given that this is in a northern clime, let's call me a snowbird stranded in the north unwittingly--a retired farmer of course).
Old 08-15-2008, 07:50 AM   #58
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ok, 'll be a "seller of pointless fakes"
Old 08-15-2008, 11:12 AM   #59
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Mac and Rikae, dear wonderful mods, I would like to pull out. I just feel too tired and busy for a game of werewolf at the moment.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:26 PM   #60
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
Mac and Rikae, dear wonderful mods, I would like to pull out. I just feel too tired and busy for a game of werewolf at the moment.
Nooo, I was looking forward to playing with you, Volo! Oh well, sign me up. My occupation will be a dwarven (of course ) miner.

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 08-15-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Groin Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #61
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
You shall surely find someone more worthy of your adoration than I... Though it may not be for many lifetimes... and certainly not before this game begins... I can only hope that the others can offer you consolation for your loss - if temporary - of me...

I know how terrible the withdrawal can be...
I could play if it helps ... I am taking some time off and while I had thought I might go away consoling the Phantom might be more fun Of course I would love Fea to play... it would be quite like old times...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #62
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Okay then. As long as everybody involved knows that I'll be away until Wednesday afternoon, then bring it on.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #63
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Bah, whatever. I'll be just watching, then. In that case, just make it worth watching
Unfortunately, without you playing, it will be a little less worth watching, but it can't be helped...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
If you're willing to risk having to modfire me, I'm willing to risk it.
I'm willing to risk it, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Okay then. As long as everybody involved knows that I'll be away until Wednesday afternoon, then bring it on.
Yay!

Sad to see you go, Volo. Great to have you on board, Mith and Groin!

Alright, game is planned to start on the 18th with Night One. Game thread should be up tomorrow.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:00 PM   #64
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
This is not his first game.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:06 AM   #65
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
This is not his first game.
Whose?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:41 PM   #66
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Groin's. Eonwe had made a remark to that effect, which it seems has since been deleted. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:43 PM   #67
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Game thread is up.

The roles will be sent out some hours before the game starts. People can still join the game until then and are invited to.

I still need occupations from the following ladies:
Kitanna
Kath
Durelin
Brinniel
Lalaith
A Little Green
Thinlómien
Mithalwen
Old 08-16-2008, 04:09 PM   #68
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

As an obtainer of rare antiquities, I could really use a business partner to help with research and coordination of travel plans and such. Oh, and handling the sales of the items I acquire to various museums.

Any takers?
Old 08-16-2008, 11:18 PM   #69
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
As an obtainer of rare antiquities, I could really use a business partner to help with research and coordination of travel plans and such. Oh, and handling the sales of the items I acquire to various museums.

Any takers?
Me! Me! Mainly because I'm not feeling creative enough to come up with my own.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:15 AM   #70
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hmm...I've been deciding on an occupation for some time...

I think I'll be a junk collector.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:17 AM   #71
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I will be that dreadful cliche, the absent-minded professor.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #72
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
I will be that dreadful cliche, the absent-minded professor.
I'm looking forwards to the interesting dialogues between the absent-minded professor and the pointless philosopher...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:01 AM   #73
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Can I just be an archaeologist? Eccentric, naturally. Oh, and misanthropic!
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:11 AM   #74
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I want to be a researcher that specialises in all kinds of animals living in the sea. If you can come up with a neat way of phrasing it in English, feel welcome to do so.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:56 AM   #75
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I think that would be a marine zoologist.

SO consoling the phantom would not be a fulltime occupation then?

Old 08-18-2008, 07:26 AM   #76
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
My occupation shall be a blind astronomer who sells stars at the stock exchange.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:42 AM   #77
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

The roles have just been sent out, except Kath's, because her letter didn't fit into her full inbox anymore.

Kath and Mith, occupations, please.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:35 AM   #78
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ah sorry Mac I'd forgotten it was full! I was having trouble with it but it's sorted now so go ahead and PM the role.

Er, occupation ... nah, I think I'll be an unemployed bum. Sounds about right at the moment!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:33 AM   #79
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Since there seems to be a dearth of people who do anything useful on the trip I shall be factotum (specialising in Phantom consolation ).

Old 08-18-2008, 12:43 PM   #80
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

So to be clear ... is the Day starting tonight or is that the official start of Night? only becasue of the roles having gone out already I am a little confused.