The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-12-2008, 10:02 AM   #81
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
++Boromir88

Because I have enough faith in his ability to figure out why, and because there's always a really great chance that I'm right.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:04 AM   #82
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
*a flute playing can be heard*

Boro, I could see Shasta revenge voting you. Since it is Day 1, there isn't much of a dire need to get an execution on a [s]Shinma[/s] Wolf toDay. Sure, it would be nice, but I don't think it HAS TO HAPPEN. Though, it begs the question, did you two not play together in a game after the Ranger debacle?

I can sympathize with Brin, I don't think it necessarily means she is hiding something. But being accused (sometimes leading to a bandwagon) when you aren't there to defend yourself, is never nice.
Though, I can't see that Mac was doing it for the sole purpose that she wouldn't be here around deadline time.

*music fades*

X'd with Nogrod and Fea.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #83
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Btw. This Con is not only quiet in regard of the quantity of speech but also in quality. Too many I think have gotten through this Day with no effort at all just bantering or being IC. And to top it: the old "Day1 hater's club" has clearly been re-established from the grave where it should have stayed for ever after!

Anyway. I think the voting stands now at:

Rikae -> Sally
Shasta -> Boro
Brinn -> Mac
Gwath -> Rikae
McCaber -> CoD
Lalwendë -> Brinn

So six votes, six candidates...

EDIT: X'd with Isabell & Fea...

Corrected Vote-count:

Rikae -> Sally
Shasta -> Boro
Brinn -> Mac
Gwath -> Rikae
McCaber -> CoD
Lalwendë -> Brinn
Fëa -> Boro 2
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:12 AM   #84
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post

Nogrod, get's .5 of a point for assuming I'd do something as an innocent, and that assumption is, well, wrong. And 1 point for his reaction to Mith saying his posting was a "worrying sign."

I looked Mith and my posts are 4 minutes apart. Now Mith's post is short, but I wouldn't throw out the possibility of a cross posting. (I don't always go back and edit to say who I crossed with). So, Mith, perhaps you would be kind to share...and be honest?

Nogrod: 1.5 points

]

Yes. That was a cross post - I didn't flag it because I didn't think it was relevant. I appreciate that Nogrod is likely to be paranoid about me but that post was more about my opposition to GMO in my youth than the game. I know next to nothing about SciFi / Fantasy other than Tolkien but I do have a layman's interest in genetics.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:17 AM   #85
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Because I have enough faith in his ability to figure out why, and because there's always a really great chance that I'm right.~Fea
Because you're not satisfied until I'm dead, and even when the narrator reveals I'm innocent, you still think it was a conspiracy and I was evil all along?
Old 09-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #86
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
For what it's worth I think Boro may be having too much fun to be a wolf - I think he might be a bit more restrained. Be a shame to lose someone who is talking though.

He could be the cobbler though or simply being an agent provacateur. Fea is playing the Phantom. Need to have another through and see if there are no IC posts from Lal et alia

Old 09-12-2008, 10:20 AM   #87
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Just checking in to say I'm back...I know I made a big deal about how I wouldn't be here for deadline and I honestly thought I wouldn't. But my teacher let us out of class a whole whopping hour and a half early (it's a 4 hour class).

I figured being the first day I'd get out of class a little early, but was definitely not expecting that early. Maybe I should've taken the risk and not voted at all...but knowing how my luck goes, if I had done that I wouldn't have been back before deadline.

Okay, I still need to go back and catch up on what I missed. Then I'll see if I can contribute anything before deadline.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:23 AM   #88
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hey all, I am here. Could someone please let me know what the deadline is in, er, what am I in ... BST?
Old 09-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #89
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Hey all, I am here. Could someone please let me know what the deadline is in, er, what am I in ... BST?
In about a half hour.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #90
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I think it is six.. so you had better get a wriggle on duckie

Old 09-12-2008, 10:27 AM   #91
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
*a flute playing can be heard*

Boro, I could see Shasta revenge voting you. Since it is Day 1, there isn't much of a dire need to get an execution on a [s]Shinma[/s] Wolf toDay. Sure, it would be nice, but I don't think it HAS TO HAPPEN. Though, it begs the question, did you two not play together in a game after the Ranger debacle?

No they didn't . And I do suspect a spite vote there. I know Shasta was done up like a kipper there but I thought he was bigger than that. So it could be a cover....

Old 09-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #92
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
My top four(ish) votees:
Boro: he just seems too together, I mean it's day one but he seems....blah, I should have had a longer nap. Alternatively, I know he's a slick little son of a Slitheen so if he worries me a little he worries me a lot, know what I mean?

Captain: I've played with a few Captains before, and it's always interesting. Harkness always wants to "meet new people" and that creepy woman from UNIT had an obsession with left-hand turns. This Captain? Votes, but doesn't. At the same time, though, I've never played with Captain before, so I'll just leave this alone, at least for toDay.

Brinn: Overapologizingish. Basically just covering my bases.

Rikae: Disregarding the fact that she voted me. "I'm voting (insert name here) but if people jump onto it they're probably wolves." Hmmmm....let's consider this shall we?

My first choice is probably Boro, with the other three close behindish and a few others that I didn't have time to mention. And I still didn't get my nap, dang it.

EDIT: x'd with Fea

EDIT #2: Sorry. That should be x'd SINCE Fea. Fea's vote, to be exact. Just so it's clear.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #93
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Just got back way later than expected and with 15 minutes left til deadline (we're going by real time, not Downs time, right?).

*off to read what has happened in the meantime*
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:29 AM   #94
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
For what it's worth I think Boro may be having too much fun to be a wolf - I think he might be a bit more restrained. Be a shame to lose someone who is talking though.

He could be the cobbler though or simply being an agent provacateur. Fea is playing the Phantom. Need to have another through and see if there are no IC posts from Lal et alia
I don't think he's the wolf because he's all over the place and not really following any scent trails. So is Rikae. So is Nogrod.

I can't make you out this time, though that does lead me to think you might have a special role
Old 09-12-2008, 10:31 AM   #95
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
For what it's worth I think Boro may be having too much fun to be a wolf - I think he might be a bit more restrained. Be a shame to lose someone who is talking though.~Mith
This is normally the point where I would start suspecting you for buttering up to me, but I know if you truly were a wolf you would be 100% taking advantage of this oppurtunity to lynch me right now.

Edit: crossed with Lal...now would she defend me if she was a wolf, or seize the oppurtunity to lynch me now? hmm...
Old 09-12-2008, 10:34 AM   #96
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Mith: it is already clear that I read your post back there the wrong way as you suspecting me. So why are you coming back to it the second time?

And anyway. That was early in the Day with about twenty posts made in total (almost everyone of them being only joking & banter). I think both you Mith (explaining your post many times) and Boro (making that "empirical device" where you consider I'm one who suspects you) are making a mountain out of a molehill here. (Yes Mith, I didn't consider your posts as cross-posts and that was my carelessness not to look at the timestamps and think about the possibility. Yes.)

But your posts were the only ones there was anything even remotely looking like saying something that gets the game forwards at that point of the game. Now after people have contributed more there clearly are better points to be made - and it was obvious back then in the beginning of the Day. But your insistence on coming back to those early hour "suspicions" doesn't make me too happy about you two.

But I'm even more unhappy with those who just fly straight through the banter-radar or under any radar just not appearing or not contributing.

And I have a battle with myself about Gwath. He looks wolvish to me and I think I have plausible reasons and so I should trust my own judgement. But I've been wrong with him so many times... Unless there is a "submarine" we can agree on or any better cases to come forwards, or if I have to try and save someone I think is clearly less guilty than someone else, I'm considering of voting Gwath.

EDIT: X'd from Sally
EDIT2: ... oops... from Boro...
Old 09-12-2008, 10:35 AM   #97
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Going by 'Downs time, so you have a bit more time.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:39 AM   #98
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Mith: it is already clear that I read your post back there the wrong way as you suspecting me. So why are you coming back to it the second time?

EDIT: X'd from Sally
EDIT2: ... oops... from Boro...
Becasue I was answering a direct question, from Boromir with whom I am not in league. I was right about that paranoia.....

Old 09-12-2008, 10:39 AM   #99
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
About 15-16 minutes more I think...
Old 09-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #100
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'll re-revise my opinion on Boro: I think he's innocent.

McCaber seems more or less fine.

Nogrod... a slight furry feeling about him now, but can't point to it. Then again, I always have a slight furry feeling about him, so maybe it's nothing. Certainly not enough to justify a vote. Interesting points on Gwath.

Sally seems more innocentish than before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duremod
Ah, good.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #101
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Mith: it is already clear that I read your post back there the wrong way as you suspecting me. So why are you coming back to it the second time?~Nogrod
Because I asked her.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #102
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I was right about that paranoia.....
Were you? How do you know?

Okay. Don't answer. We have more important things to do...
Old 09-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #103
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I hadn't really noticed the difference between Downs time and my clock time before. xD

It could definately be a cover, since people have mentioned they should listen to Shasta more; could be a good opening for a Wolfie bandwagon to follow. But, I would like to say he wouldn't be that risky on Day one - but I was just evil with him on another forum and had to slap his hand from making rash decisions. xD
I am off now..so, I suppose this is a throw away vote at best..

++CoD

X'd since Lalwende's 94
Old 09-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #104
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Right, this will obviously have to be speedy. Mac's points on Brinn were quite good, I can see where he's got that from. Her later 'defense' feels quite forced too. Mith is a teeny bit over the top when it comes to reacting to suspicion but not enough to worry about it I think. Not sure where the Boro-hate is coming from but I've been really skim reading so I may have just missed that.

So I'm thinking it has to be Brinn right now.

++BRINN
Old 09-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #105
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
This is normally the point where I would start suspecting you for buttering up to me, but I know if you truly were a wolf you would be 100% taking advantage of this oppurtunity to lynch me right now.

Oh blimey now I am creeped - I was thinking this afternoon you might be guilty because you hadn't accused me of sucking up to you ..though of course I hadn't said I thought you were innocent at that point....

Old 09-12-2008, 10:42 AM   #106
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Because I asked her.
Okay... okay... Point taken.

Now let's continue with the wolf-hunt.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:43 AM   #107
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Oops, I forgot we were going by 'Downs time. Could have spent more time on that. Might go back and have a look at the whole Boro thing.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #108
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Were you? How do you know?

Okay. Don't answer. We have more important things to do...
I do I am not sure about you - I quoted Boromir's question. You seem to be filibustering Mr....Cobbler?

Old 09-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #109
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Mith - It was a cover. I do actually think he's suspicious, but haven't had time to elaborate on why. I've applied for a Time-Turner to help get me through all my classes, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Although I must admit, being able to vote Boro is rather sweetly ironic. Boro, if you and I both live through the night, hopefully since it's the weekend I'll be able to explain why I voted you in more detail.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #110
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Am I overapologising? Hmm...well, I guess I kinda am. But I'm only putting a half-hearted effort into toDay (I can't help it, I'm sleepy) and I feel bad when I don't give 100%. Btw, that "sorry mate" comment when I voted Mac was supposed to be in-character. I was in a rush so I don't think I made it clear.

My apologies. I mean, sorr...oh crap...I'm doing it again.

I don't know why everyone finds Boromir so suspicious. He's making the most sense out of everyone...doesn't mean he's necessarily innocent, but I think lynching him on Day 1 would be a mistake.

I think Nogrod might be reading too much into Gwath's statements...

EDIT: X-ed with a million-gazillion posts...
Old 09-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #111
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:

Edit: crossed with Lal...now would she defend me if she was a wolf, or seize the oppurtunity to lynch me now? hmm...
Nope, nothing shady there, you really are just all over the shop.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #112
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I'm rather torn on Brinniel right now. At first, I was confident my points were good. Then a couple of people told me off, and I started doubting them. Now a couple of people tell me they were good or have similar thoughts.

Brinn, since you're here now, would you say in a line or two about it?

edit: obviously, crossed with Brin (and a few others)
Old 09-12-2008, 10:47 AM   #113
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
You seem to be filibustering Mr....Cobbler?
Fili... what? Sorry. I need a dictionary... and a cigarette anyway.

Gwath anyone?

Boro, CoD & Brinn on two now. Of those I'd say Brinn might be the best choice but CoD has been annoying. Boro I wouldn't lynch on Day1 for being himself.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #114
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Gwath anyone?

Boro, CoD & Brinn on two now. Of those I'd say Brinn might be the best choice but CoD has been annoying. Boro I wouldn't lynch on Day1 for being himself.
Brinn, Gwath, and Captain D are on my list, neither of which I feel really confident voting...
Old 09-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #115
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Although I must admit, being able to vote Boro is rather sweetly ironic. Boro, if you and I both live through the night, hopefully since it's the weekend I'll be able to explain why I voted you in more detail.
Fair enough Shasta.

Mac, I bet you don't need me saying this because you already know it, but I'm going to anyway...maybe you got a couple wolfies latching on to an easy choice. Either that you have ordinaries who think you've made the best "case" today.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:50 AM   #116
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:

Gwath anyone?

I have my eye on Gwathagor, but not having had the pleasure of sharing a game before I have no previous knowledge to go on. I shall wait and see.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:50 AM   #117
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Filibustering is talking a lot in order to stop anything useful being done!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:50 AM   #118
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:

Gwath anyone?

*slaps* Oi, no cigarettes. Not all of us have respiratory bypass systems, THanks.

I agree. I'm between Boro and Brinn myself, unless something happens in these last ten(ish) minutes. I'd like to figure out what Captain's up to so I'm not too keen on that route. Bah, I'll send this and see what time the Downs says it is, then I may comment more.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:50 AM   #119
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filibuster

Old 09-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #120
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Brinn, since you're here now, would you say in a line or two about it?
A line or two about what? Me as a lynch candidate?

I don't really know what to say. I'm too lazy and tired to come up with a proper defense. All I can say is that the first Day lynchee is almost always innocent and it seems toDay I am the target (don't worry I'm not the seer). Of course I don't want to die but I don't really know what I can say to change people's minds.