The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #81
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Between Shasta and Samwise it's hard to say. Shasta might be innocent because he has not bothered to take part () but Samwise tried at least a bit and thence might be a wolf... but it would be bad to kill him just for that... well there's more actually but still.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #82
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, whatever. I stick to my before thoughts.

++Samwise
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #83
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

The Downs clock is probably causing problems. Remember I'm willing to hold off the deadline for a few minutes to make sure latecomers get the chance to vote.

But not too long, mind you, so hurry!
Old 10-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #84
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Huh, having just looked at when Eomer posted saying there were 10 minutes left and the timestamp on my post it seems I had more time. Sorry for the rushed nature of that post then.
He said less than 10 minutes and it's past deadline now according to my clock... (so sorry if I'm posting after deadline now I still didn't get Eomer's exact DL rules...)

edit: xed
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #85
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay.

++ Samwise

He might have just tried a bit too much for his own good (looks like someone with a reason to state he's around and plays) but not enough to make him look innocentish...
Old 10-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #86
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Oh bother.

++ Kath
Old 10-07-2008, 02:46 PM   #87
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry I haven't spoken much, but I haven't found much to say! Here's my vote:

++Thinlomien

Her first posts were plain queer, and don't find much ground for anyone else.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:47 PM   #88
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I think everyone around has got their vote in. Very well: Day is ending, and so voting is now over.

SamwiseGamgee has been lynched and his death-scene shall be posted shortly.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:08 PM   #89
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

The Warg Elders had reached an accepted conclusion to the issue of whom to lynch. SamwiseGamgee, one of the mightiest Wargs of this or indeed any age had been chosen, with a mere two votes. But so negligible was the agreement of the council that this was enough to condemn him. Once a huge, monstrous Warg, of terrifying snarl and magnificent bearing, SamwiseGamgee was now ancient beyond the reckoning of human comprehension. No longer brash and vain, he loped forlorn in front of the Elders, unwilling spiritually to come to peace with his doom. His eyes sagged and his great mind pondered the ones whose machinations had led him to this ignoble end.

There were tears in the eyes of some of the others, but some rushed at SamwiseGamgee, in an attempt to rid themselves of the agonising wait. They clattered into the Great Warg, ripping at his flesh – they simply wanted this dreadful fate to be over with.

And they heard his howls of pain, and the words, as if he had just now remembered them: My power was worth more, you should have known; no-one can protect you now. My power is gone from the Elders -- the power to safeguard you from these demons. And I had not the chance to use it...

The Wargs stopped tearing at their dying friend, and shuddered at his grim truth. They had chosen poorly this first day.

---------

The Living

Legate of Amon Lanc
Thinlómien
Kitanna
Kath
Nogrod
Gwathagor
Shastanis Althreduin
Brinniel
Mithalwen
Diamond
Groin Redbeard
Gollum The Great
Rune Son of Bjarne
Gaunt

The Dead

SamwiseGamgee (Guardian)

Night 2 has begun. No talking in the village. Villains, send me a name; Seer, send me a name.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:37 PM   #90
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Into the dusk, some Wargs had remained by Eomer’s walls, peering at the markings. There were so many, and so difficult to interpret, for Eomer spoke numerous languages and used various letters and runes to project his mind. More pieces had emerged: Deliverance earned through chance, whatever Wargs are in the time gathered. The carnage begins and the originator steps nearer. Unseen is he who shadows the master. Both march to our bleak axis, the confirmation of our pain, towards the slayers we experience as harrowers.

The morning came, after the Wargs had spent the night with little sleep and less rest. They found her early. Strewn across a huge boulder, was the stretched and torn carcass of Kitanna. Aside from the horrific mutilation she had suffered, no sign of her being anything other than a normal and true Warg Elder was seen.

The Living

Legate of Amon Lanc
Thinlómien
Kath
Nogrod
Gwathagor
Shastanis Althreduin
Brinniel
Mithalwen
Diamond
Groin Redbeard
Gollum The Great
Rune Son of Bjarne
Gaunt

The Dead

SamwiseGamgee (Guardian)
Kitanna (Warg)

Day 2 has begun. Decide among yourself who must die this day. Deadline in 24 hours, give or take a few minutes.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #91
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I have to wake up in six hours so I'll make this as brief as I can...

That was bad! I mean yesterDay...

Does anyone remember someone getting lynched with just two votes on Day1?

The information we can draw from the lynch is even less we might have feared. Basically half of the village got at least one vote... We might as well make a deal that everyone should vote for the one next to her/him in the "living" column.

The way both Gollum and Gwath just dropped in without any presence before it and a long time after the deadline - well minutes - looks and feels bad. If you are goodies please join the discussion if you're around and let us others share your thoughts. Knowing you're around and knowing what you think might have led us to another conclusion and maybe... well, maybe we could have voted differently and who knows? But how you performed yesterDay felt sneaky.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #92
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
"Deliverance earned through chance, whatever Wargs are in the time gathered. The carnage begins and the originator steps nearer. Unseen is he who shadows the master. Both march to our bleak axis, the confirmation of our pain, towards the slayers we experience as harrowers."

What!!!

I will not even dare guessing at what most of this means. . .

Anyways I don't really have anything to say at this moment, but I wanted to state that I will be around for half an hour or so.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #93
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Day 1 Voting
Sam -> Brinniel (Brinniel 1)
Mithalwen -> Thinlomien (Thinlomien 1, Brinniel 1)
Kitanna -> Kath (Kath 1, Thinlomien 1, Brinniel 1)
Rune -> Mithalwen (Mithalwen 1, Kath 1, Thinlomien 1, Brinniel 1)
Kath -> Gollum (Gollum 1, Mithalwen 1, Kath 1, Thinlomien 1, Brinniel 1)
Thinlomien -> Shasta (Shasta 1, Gollum 1, Mithalwen 1, Kath 1, Thinlomien 1, Brinniel 1)
Legate -> Sam (Sam 1, Shasta 1, Gollum 1, Mithalwen 1, Kath 1, Thinlomien 1, Brinniel 1)
Nogrod -> Sam (Sam 2, Shasta 1, Gollum 1, Mithalwen 1, Kath 1, Thinlomien 1, Brinniel 1)
Gwathagor -> Kath (Kath 2, Sam 2, Shasta 1, Gollum 1, Mithalwen 1, Thinlomien 1, Brinniel 1)
Gollum -> Thinlomien (Thinlomien 2, Kath 2, Sam 2, Shasta 1, Gollum 1, Mithalwen 1, Thinlomien 1, Brinniel 1)

I am inclined to think that those who voted against SamGam (Legate and Nogrod) could very well be innocent. Because yesterDay's votes were cast over a broad field, and two other people received the same number of votes as Sam, I do not see any necessary malice or bandwaggoning in Sam's death.

In particular, I doubt that Nogrod is a traitor (I can't really say "wolf"), primarily because I see the willingness to take on the attention and suspicion that comes with being the deciding vote as a sign that he honestly found Sam as likely a candidate as anyone else.

The other possibility is that Brinniel is a traitor and Nogrod was forced to kill someone else in order to save her from the lynch. Otherwise, what would be the purpose of exposing onesself so early on, when it would be equally easy to hide in an obscure vote?
Old 10-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #94
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Awooooh! Um.... good morning. Man it feels weird being a Warg, these fleas are really beginning to get to me.

Well our Were Wargs seem to be playing it safe for the first Night. Although I wasn't here to post yesterDay ( *goes out finds a baseball bat and hits himself* ) I did do a bit of research from Day 1. Kitanna is an absolute random kill, she proved very indecisive yesterDay talking a little bit about Samwise but later casting a vote for Kath.

I have a really bad feeling about Nogrod and I believe that a good deal of trouble would be saved if we just lynch him! Then again I always have a bad feeling about Nogrod in WW.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #95
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I must agree with Nogrod about yesterDat's lynching... it was rather too random, really. But on the other hand, I think yesterDay was also less informative than Day1s in general, so I would say that is at least a little understandable, if not totally acceptable... And to add to this that we lynched our guardian, it's really just not very impressive. I think the problem was that there was really no discussion in the late minutes, just everybody stating their opinion in no relation to other people's actions...

And I'm a bit baffled by Kitanna's death. I can't think of an apparent reason why she died, especially as she was - at least in a way - suspected quite a lot yesterDay. Was she suspected of seerism or did they kill her to confuse us or something? I should have a look at her posts, maybe, but I'm too tired right now... *yawn* I will go sleep sooner or later, but I might hang around for a short while if there's lively discussion here...

edit: xed with Rune, Gwath and Groin
Old 10-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #96
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post

The way both Gollum and Gwath just dropped in without any presence before it and a long time after the deadline - well minutes - looks and feels bad.
The deadline, for me, is in the middle of the afternoon and thus inconvenient. I was busy right up until when I posted on the thread 20 or so minutes before the deadline - hardly enough time for me to catch up on everything I missed and then form careful opinions of my fellow players. As it was, I ended up voting late and without confidence.

In other words, I was as present yesterDay as I could possibly be. I cannot help that I simply have very very little RL time to spare.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:34 PM   #97
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
The deadline, for me, is in the middle of the afternoon and thus inconvenient. I was busy right up until when I posted on the thread 20 or so minutes before the deadline - hardly enough time for me to catch up on everything I missed and then form careful opinions of my fellow players. As it was, I ended up voting late and without confidence.

In other words, I was as present yesterDay as I could possibly be. I cannot help that I simply have very very little RL time to spare.
You might not be able to help it, but if it continues people will find it suspisous since you do have a 24 hour period to pop in and say a few words. . . of course only a few words will not satisfy Nogrod, but maybe it will satisfy some of the other wargs.

Lommy, no matter the motive for the killing of Kitana it was a good kill as we all seem to be clueless over it, I know I am.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #98
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Gollum: the way you decide to suspect those who have talked the most is generally counter-productive for the village but useful for the wolves. I'm not going to suspect you for it toDay as I think this is your first game (was I right?). But think of it yet again. If we lynch all the talkers on the first Days (and wolves kill the rest during the first Nights) we'll have a village where there is no game - as no one talks - and the wolves are free to roam.
I agree with Nogrod's view on talkative people, but then again who doesn't? It's just common sense what he's stating here to help out a new player, but I didn't like the way that he phrased: "I'm not going to suspect you for toDay..." it sounds too much like "back off or I'll suspect you and lynch you." Possibly protecting another wolf?

I my view this sounds very wolfish. I'll wait to see what y'all say.

EDIT: X'ed with Rune
Old 10-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #99
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
I agree with Nogrod's view on talkative people, but then again who doesn't? It's just common sense what he's stating here to help out a new player, but I didn't like the way that he phrased: "I'm not going to suspect you for toDay..." it sounds too much like "back off or I'll suspect you and lynch you." Possibly protecting another wolf?

I think it sounds very... Nogrodish. It kind of makes sense to give the newbie the first warning before attacking with full force. Although, I must say that Nogrod's habit of threatening to start suspecting people always makes me raise my eyebrows a little... I don't really like it.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #100
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:

EDIT: X'ed with Rune
Well, I don't really agree with Nogrod's view on talkative people so I guess I should raise my hand?

Anyways I don't think it seems too "wolfish", it just seems Nogish. He always picks this subject and often warns people of their behaviour and how he is going to suspect them if it does not change.

EDIT: Cross Posted With Thinlo

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 10-08-2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Cross Posting
Old 10-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #101
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
The way both Gollum and Gwath just dropped in without any presence before it and a long time after the deadline - well minutes - looks and feels bad.
Sorry about that.

I continue to harbour suspicions regarding Lommy and Legate, though the mechanics and the intricate puzzle of this fascinating game hold me unable to believe anyone much "weirder" or "more suspectable" than anyone else.

P. S. Hail Redbeard!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #102
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post

Anyways I don't think it seems too "wolfish", it just seems Nogish. He always picks this subject and often warns people of their behaviour and how he is going to suspect them if it does not change.
But there is no reason for Gollum to be suspected. Nogrod, never stated any suspicions before and suddenly he starts become threatening.

When do we draw the line between Nogrodism and Wolfism? He is always the perfect wolf because he behaves like a wolf all the time.

EDIT: X'ed with Gollum the Great. Shhh, Gollum, you're making us look suspicious!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #103
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, I think there's no need for me to second the quite unhelpful, when it comes to evidence, course of events this far. YesterDay's actions and voting give really too little to chew, toNight's kill however maybe could - at least a little. I would like to maybe stop and dig deeper into it, but for now, there's just one point which I can raise from it, which you can find below.

Quote:
The way both Gollum and Gwath just dropped in without any presence before it and a long time after the deadline - well minutes - looks and feels bad. If you are goodies please join the discussion if you're around and let us others share your thoughts. Knowing you're around and knowing what you think might have led us to another conclusion and maybe... well, maybe we could have voted differently and who knows? But how you performed yesterDay felt sneaky.
However Gwath did explain himself, I'd still appeal on people along the lines of this to actually post during the Day, and give grounds on whom they suspect and why, instead of just appearing at the very DL with "I vote XY". Making a post "I suspect X all of the most, and also maybe Y" does not sure take long, and simply sharing your inner thoughts is a point of this game.

Quote:
"Deliverance earned through chance, whatever Wargs are in the time gathered. The carnage begins and the originator steps nearer. Unseen is he who shadows the master. Both march to our bleak axis, the confirmation of our pain, towards the slayers we experience as harrowers."

What!!!

I will not even dare guessing at what most of this means. . .
Quite, quite... Not a single word about that. Enough is enough! Howgh (sounds pretty Wargish, actually ).

Quote:
I have a really bad feeling about Nogrod and I believe that a good deal of trouble would be saved if we just lynch him! Then again I always have a bad feeling about Nogrod in WW.
Actually, I could second that in a way, but, we all know what - Nogrod is just Nogrod. It's just that the image of him laughing evilly after yesterDay's course of events looks pretty possible to me, but that's of course no grounds for real suspicion.

Although there's one thing, I don't belive Nog-wolf would pick Kitanna for a first kill. That'd really testify strongly against him in my eyes. He would pick some quiet one to "punish" him.

I think today's going to be, for me, more about observation (and that's to hope there will be EVERYBODY posting so that I can observe them), also because I am not sure how much time I'd have during the day to post. But I will show around, definitely. Just not that I'd be overflowing the thread.

EDIT: x-ed since last Gwathagor
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 10-08-2008, 03:58 PM   #104
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Quite, quite... Not a single word about that. Enough is enough! Howgh (sounds pretty Wargish, actually).
Actually, I will venture as far as to say just one thing: I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that Eomer enjoyed our confusion a lot yesterDay and is now writing weirder and weirder narrations just in order to confuse us more and amuse himself...
Old 10-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #105
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
But there is no reason for Gollum to be suspected. Nogrod, never stated any suspicions before and suddenly he starts become threatening.

When do we draw the line between Nogrodism and Wolfism? He is always the perfect wolf because he behaves like a wolf all the time.

EDIT: X'ed with Gollum the Great. Shhh, Gollum, you're making us look suspicious!
I think we should just make a rule bannishing Nogrod from all games from this moment on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Finland
I think today's going to be, for me, more about observation (and that's to hope there will be EVERYBODY posting so that I can observe them), also because I am not sure how much time I'd have during the day to post. But I will show around, definitely. Just not that I'd be overflowing the thread.
So you are warning us that you will lay low today? Is this so that it will be hard for us to blame you for it afterwards?
This way you would be able to lay low with little risk of attracting suspision from us and if you do, you can always refer to the fact that you did warn us.

CUNNING!

EDIT: Cross Posted WIth Lommy Again. . .
(I will be leaving in a few minutes unless something comes up)

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 10-08-2008 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Cross Posting
Old 10-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #106
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Actually, I will venture as far as to say just one thing: I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that Eomer enjoyed our confusion a lot yesterDay and is now writing weirder and weirder narrations just in order to confuse us more and amuse himself...
I wouldn't say that twice - I thought that as well may have been so.

Anyway, as for this anti-Nogrod front, I am really looking forward to see what he says when he sees this...

edit: x-ed with Runne

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 10-08-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #107
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
He seems to be contributing to our confusion as much as the Were Wargs have, I can't make heads or tails out of what he's trying to say in the intro's!

I'll be back later. Right now I need to make dinner before my brothers get back. Happy Were Warg hunting!

EDIT: X'ed with Legate.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #108
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
I can't make heads or tails out of what he's trying to say in the intro's!
You take the words right out of my mouth. I am also eyeing Nogrod with suspicion.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #109
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I think we should just make a rule bannishing Nogrod from all games from this moment on.

So you are warning us that you will lay low today? Is this so that it will be hard for us to blame you for it afterwards?
This way you would be able to lay low with little risk of attracting suspision from us and if you do, you can always refer to the fact that you did warn us.

CUNNING!
Now today it is Runne sonn off (sic!) Bjarrne (hey, sounds good enough for a Warg) who's been smoking too much rabbits.

Anniwai (Japanese? Nah, more like some Oceanian dialect), I don't know if you were serious or not, but I am merely saying in other words what everybody, including me, say sometimes, that I won't be as active today as yesterday - because I don't know how much time I'm going to have (which I also said before). But looking at the things, maybe not after all...

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 10-08-2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: (x-ed with Groin&Gollum)
Old 10-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #110
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum the Great View Post
You take the words right out of my mouth. I am also eyeing Nogrod with suspicion.
Okay, care to give a more elaborated explaination why? (As the fact that you say you are suspecting somebody without giving grounds is a) not going to help the others at all, as they cannot compare whether you have a point or not, b) may be taken as a mere whim of a wolf to get rid of somebody without any grounds.)
Old 10-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #111
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sorry, Legate, it might be described as sort of "gut feeling", but I'm bad at illustrating my own suspicions.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:24 PM   #112
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum the Great View Post
Sorry, Legate, it might be described as sort of "gut feeling", but I'm bad at illustrating my own suspicions.
Okay, at least something. (Be prepared though, that if you use "gut feeling" too often and nothing else for reasoning, you may find yourself being mistrusted soon.)
Old 10-08-2008, 04:28 PM   #113
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Why is everybody throwing threats at newbies in this game?

I'm going to sleep now... as a parting comment I will say that I really like the current level of activity, let's hope it keeps up...
Old 10-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #114
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Why is everybody throwing threats at newbies in this game?
These are no threats, but well-meant advices. (Even though I may be speaking to a nasty Were-warg... or two )
Old 10-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #115
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
These are no threats, but well-meant advices. (Even though I may be speaking to a nasty Were-warg... or two )
Stop threatening people Legate, or I'll suspect you!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:56 PM   #116
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
My, my, yesterDay was a disaster. The voting was way too spread out. The fact that Samwise was lynched because he was the first to hit a three-way tie is plain ridiculous. Nothing good ever comes of something like that. And I'm sad to see Samwise go...not only because he was a gifted but he was a member I've never played with before and would've liked to.

YesterDay also seemed strangely quiet. I know I'm one of those to blame (due to RL), and I understand others have RL confliccts too...but of course it makes it easier for a baddie to hide among the quiet.

Again, I apologise for not voting. It was so early in the Day and I had not the slightest idea who to vote for...if I made a completely random vote, I was worried I might be partially responsible for getting an innocent lynched. It would've been just distracting for me to point a finger at someone when I didn't have anyone to point a finger at. While I'd like to be more active toDay, I can't make any promises. RL has been quite stressful, and when I signed up for this game I didn't know that this week would be so busy for me. However, I will definitely vote toDay and if I'm still alive Day 3, I know for sure I'll be able to participate more.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:56 PM   #117
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
You might not be able to help it, but if it continues people will find it suspisous since you do have a 24 hour period to pop in and say a few words. . .
Too bad. I'll be here as much as I can.

Thinlomien strikes me as much more giddy, both toDay and yesterDay, than usual. I think it was commented on yesterDay, and I didn't think much of it, but then I noticed again toDay that she seems extra-ordinarily exuberant. It could be that she is employing a different playing style just for the heck of it, or she could be using it as a cover.

How likely is it that Eomer would have made one of our new players a werewolf? I'm not well enough acquainted with him to know whether or not I should consider it a likelihood/possibility.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:48 PM   #118
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh look.... a werewolf game.

I have arrived!

!

Why is no one else excited? Oh well. Sorry about being absent, and all that rot. I haven't even cracked open my computer in ...four days? Has it been that long? Yikes. I didn't realize the game had started. Well anyway, I haven't really read anything in the game to know what's going on, except that I am apparently still "in the game" as it were. So I have nothing useful to say besides announcing my own effervescent presence.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:38 PM   #119
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Hello Diamond18.

EDIT: We haven't heard from Gaunt yet toDay, have we? Gaunt? You there?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:35 PM   #120
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Between Shasta and Samwise it's hard to say. Shasta might be innocent because he has not bothered to take part () but Samwise tried at least a bit and thence might be a wolf... but it would be bad to kill him just for that... well there's more actually but still.
I apologize for not being here. We're going into the run of our show (you theatre people know what I mean!) and it's been tech week, and thus hectic and crazy. I'm lucky if I get four hours of sleep a night... and it will probably be this way for the next week. I'll still be around, but don't expect too much.

That said...

WHAT? You lynched our ranger Day 1? Oy gevault. *dies*
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote