Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2002, 03:19 PM   #321
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Location: A roaming Middle-Earth wanderer in the guise of a Ranger
Laiedheliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Laiedheliel
Sting

Laie laughs at Galadriel. "Never mind, Gala. It was up there a little ways...Whatdya wanna do now?"
Old 05-22-2002, 03:24 PM   #322
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Stacey:*After standing some time with her palms sweating, decides to give up on her own "Star Search", and thinks she should probably do some writing herself, since there seems to be nothing else to do at the moment.*
Where to get something to write with or on, though....
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-22-2002, 03:25 PM   #323
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Galadriel looks into the distance. "do...now..." she mutters... "Well, Laie, i think you're a bit too hung-over for spinning, how 'bout, uh.... uh...."
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Old 05-22-2002, 03:30 PM   #324
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well you see... When I got here I was wearing a dwarf-necklace. A Gold one. It was decorated with emeralds, rubies, amethysts, dark opals, and cat's eye. I was also (as always) wearing the white jewel that Queen Arwen gave me (when she gave it she said "When the memory of the fear and the darkness troubles you, this will bring you aid) well I was sleeping and someone pinched them off me. I have a suspicion It was Rose Cotton. She didn't get ny mithril circlet frotunately. Unfortunately I believe she has taken them to the Barrow-wight, and he'll never return them. Not to mention a few are still poking fun at ne because I screamed when there was a spider in my wine glass the first day of the party.
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2002, 03:33 PM   #325
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Pats Frodo on the shoulder, saying, "Don't worry about it, Frodo. I hate spiders, too."
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Old 05-22-2002, 03:36 PM   #326
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Yeah, I think you're right about the spinning. On second thought, I think I'll go and find a nice tree to curl up under and rest my head. Why don't you go find another spinning partner? I'll come find you later." Laie told Gala this with a smile and a wink, then nodded respectfully (and painfully!) at Mithadan and wandered out of the tavern. She came upon a little apple tree, and fell into a dream rather like those Galadriel had been having:

She is a teenage girl; Her mother will be very angry if she doesn't get off the computer and go do her chores..."Coming, Mom!"
Old 05-22-2002, 03:41 PM   #327
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam: Oh, dear.....that'll never do, Mister Frodo. *shivers* Ugh....I fear I'll never look at spiders th' same again after...well, you know. *Dosen't want to think of it, much less mention it.*
Believe me, if I come across th' young lady, or th' necklace, I'll have somethin' t' say about it! Callin' herself Rose Cotton, indeed... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-22-2002, 03:42 PM   #328
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Rose Cotton has just been listening to Frodo and Sam's conversation.

"Don't worry Frodo. I'd never give these to the Barrow Wright (don't tell him I said that. I have been just wearing them because they go with my dress. You can have them back now."

Rose Cotton gives Frodo his necklaces back.
She takes a cup of coffie and sits down to chat.
Old 05-22-2002, 03:44 PM   #329
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I know, Sam. When someone made a comment about it i asked them if they had ever seen Shelob *shudders*.
Old 05-22-2002, 03:45 PM   #330
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420!

"Please don't be mad at me dear Sam. I promise never to do it again. And about the spider, well, I'm simply terrified of them."

[ May 22, 2002: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]
Old 05-22-2002, 03:45 PM   #331
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo lookes at the jewels opem mouthesd for a moment and then faints.....

[ May 22, 2002: Message edited by: Frodo Baggins ]
Old 05-22-2002, 03:46 PM   #332
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
As there was no response from Kuruharan...
Sorry about that. Had to step out and kill a mamuk for Chrysophylax's dinner. The downside of having a dragon as a pet.

Quote:
the balrog flies (the use of the word "flies" is not metaphorical; this balrog has wings)
(Pulls out axe and cuts wings off Balrog)

There much better. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Dragons are much better than Balrogs anyway. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Chrysophylax sic him!

(Chrysophylax attacks Balrog, administers a severe thrashing, and then pitches the corpse in the Great River.)

There, that'll show 'em!

(Now we'll find out of Thingol has been reading this thread. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )

[ May 22, 2002: Message edited by: Kuruharan ]
Old 05-22-2002, 03:46 PM   #333
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Frodo?"
Old 05-22-2002, 03:46 PM   #334
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

With Laie gone, Galadriel has no idea what to do. So, she walks over to her tree, sits with her back leaned against it, and falls asleep...
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Old 05-22-2002, 03:50 PM   #335
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tolkien

Rose has been wanting to talk to Galadriel so she leaves Frodo to Sam for a moment and walks over to Galadriel

"Hi Galadriel!"
Old 05-22-2002, 03:54 PM   #336
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam:*Blinking* Well, that was sure a different turn. *Calls out* Thank you, Miss Rose!
*Wonders where his daughter got to...*
Old 05-22-2002, 04:00 PM   #337
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey: *Lightbulb upon hearing Galadriel's name called out* Galadriel! That's it! She always manages to get something out of that dress of hers!
*Upon finding Galadriel, however, is disappointed to find her sleeping under a tree*
Oh, well. Maybe I can go talk to Frodo and Sam...
Old 05-22-2002, 04:06 PM   #338
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo looks at the returned jewels for with an open mouth for a few moments and then faints........... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2002, 04:07 PM   #339
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose is tired of trying to get Galadriel to wake up so decides to talk to Sam.

"I wish the Barrow Wright would come back. I mean really. His own party."
Old 05-22-2002, 04:08 PM   #340
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ring

"Is my returning the jewls THAT much of a suprise?" [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2002, 04:10 PM   #341
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Just grateful, that's all, Miss Rose. I do wish he'd come back, too. You're right--awful odd not to attend your own party.... [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2002, 04:21 PM   #342
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Quote:
Before he can decide about the REG, Piosennial, Birdland and Cof7A walk over and join Veritas at a table. He takes their strangely nervous order and returns with their refreshments (what is wrong with Cof7A?). Then he sits and pulls out a pen and paper. With a scowl, he begins to write 'Tales from Tol Eressea 5; Whatever happened to that Oliphaunt?' Then he growls and scratches out the title. Writer's block is a horrible thing... The REG is forgotten for now. One thing drives out another as they say.
'He's busy there, behind the bar. Scribbling some sort of authoritative work, no doubt. Whatever it is, he's very engrossed in it.' observed pio. ''Child, you go left and draw him down to the end of the bar. Engage him in some philologic debate about some obscure reference from the Silmarillion, preferably one with references to myriads of authentic letters from JRRT. Go on now.'

C7A's eyes lit up at the suggestion. Now this was something she could do, something abstract and free from any bloodshed. Advancing to the end of the bar, she cleared her throat and opened her much annotated Sil which she had pulled from her vest pocket. 'Excuse me, Mithadan, but I've just found something exceedingly interesting here and wonder if you could help me clarify a few points!'

The target advanced to required position, pulled out his own dog-eared copy with tiny notes written everywhere in various layers of colored inks, and proceeded to converse heatedly with C7A, who was holding her ground quite admirably, and in fact scoring points here and there.

'Birdie, come with me!' whispered pio. A feint as if going to the door was quickly followed by a turn toward the end of the bar opposite the dueling linguists. The 2 conspirators leapt over the end of the bar with an unusual grace and agility, Birdie drawing her blade in mid leap. Coming quickly behind Mithadan, bent over some of C7A's notations, she held the edge just under his jawline. You could see the blade move in and out slowly against his pulse point.

'What's this? An Administrator caught unawares?!, said Birdie to him. Restraining herself from launching into some Arwen-elven, she held the great spirit hostage while pio searched through his pockets for cell phone, beeper, and any other instruments of long range communication. From his keychain, she plucked a miniature, but working palantir.

Next order of business was to secure the laptop and then free up the REG unit for safekeeping - or perhaps ransom.

'OK! I think that's it!' cried pio, tucking the goods in a large sack she had gotten from Veritas. 'Child, give us the rope and we'll secure the prisoner. Child!! Child?!'

Child was nowhere to be seen from this side of the bar. 'I think she's fainted again.' said Veritas. 'Here, let me get the rope for you.' Handing the rope to pio, Veritas leaned in toward Mithadan with a rueful grin on her face - 'Yeah, I know, I know! I've sealed my fate by throwing in with this lot! But what's a wizard to do when faced with the choice between drinking oneself into oblivion and having a bit of fun with friends!'

pio secured Mithadan, hand and foot with the rope. Veritas got C7A up from the floor and looked expectantly at pio and birdie. 'Now what?'

'See that large barrel over there - the one that comes from Esgaroth. Bring it over here. I think it will do.' said pio.

'Do? Do what?! I don't recall us discussing this part of the plan.' demanded Birdie.

'Well, it's just sort of come to me. A sort of hobbity ending to this abduction. Now let's just get him into the barrel, plug up the holes, and secure the cask lid back on. Mithadan is going for a lovely ride down the Great River, mayhap he'll even make it to the Bay of Belfalas. That should give us plenty of time to figure out what we're going to do with ourselves and his stuff.'

'And just what will happen when he gets to the bay, is he going to float out to sea and hope for a swift wind to the West?', asked Veritas.

'Nah! We've got his cell phone. We'll place a call to my cousin Imrahil. He'll pick him up when he reaches Dol Amroth, near the Elf-havens.' returned pio.

The cask secured and with two other casks bound to it as outriggers, it was loaded into a large wagon brought round from the side of the cave. 'My gosh, he's a heavy one', said C7A pushing her shoulder against the casket as it leveraged into the wagon. 'Perhaps, such is the price of being the keeper of such weighty thoughts and words!', laughed pio, throwing a rope to Birdie and Veritas to help tie down the casks to the wagon.

It was just early evening and the mists were hovering on the banks of the Anduin as they reached a likely spot for launching their vessel. 'You sure he's going to be alright,' asked C7A.

'Of course he is.' reassured pio. 'He's a spirit, he'll float quite well.'

PLOP!!!! the barrels hit the water with a gentle thud, or as gentle as 4 puny ME's could manage. The current quickly caught the unlikely vessel and bore it down the river. Four figures raised their hands and saluted it good-bye and godspeed.

'Come on,' said Birdie. 'We'd better get the heck out of here and figure out how to cover our tracks.'

'Oh, fudge!' exclaimed C7A, patting down her pockets and looking forlorn. 'He's got my annotated copy!!!!!'

[ May 22, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 05-22-2002, 04:24 PM   #343
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"What's Frodo's favorite food. Mushrooms? Lembas?"
Old 05-22-2002, 04:29 PM   #344
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam: Mushrooms, if I do remember right--

Primrose: Papa!

Sam: Oops, excuse me, Miss Rose, I've got to go. I've been wondering where that daughter of mine got to....

*Gets up, bowing a goodbye, and scurries off in the direction of the voice*
Old 05-22-2002, 04:47 PM   #345
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tolkien

"Mushrooms. I can work with that."
Rose takes a bowl of mushrooms and starts wafting it under Frodo's nose.
"I hope this works."
Old 05-22-2002, 05:29 PM   #346
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Menelduliniel glides back in with her husband Legolas. She takes a bottle of miruvor to keep with her, for she feels there will be far more drinking going on, and she fears she will not get the chance to get her own. Not thinking clearly, she breaks back into Elvish:

Ya merna salk? Amin! (Who wants to dance? Me!

She dances in the middle of the field. She stops to see if anyone else is here...?
Old 05-22-2002, 05:37 PM   #347
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

No one is on, and Menelduliniel must leave, so she takes her bottle and her husband and goes back to her lake again! Until tomorrow!
Old 05-22-2002, 05:41 PM   #348
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

celeaewen shook her head to clear it, and returned to earth not a second too soon. a huge green crystal paperwieght came hurdling out of the sky and nearly took our poor minstrel's head off. she was fuming.
mithidan was going to hear this. and why did anyone need a REG to cause chaos when she was here? she set off to find mithidan when she realized that her surroundings had changed. Galadriel was nowhere to be seen, the pink rabbit was sitting on a tree apperently tring to devour it.'must have fallen asleep' she muttered. celeaewn wandered around tring to find Mithidan and give him what for. perhaps fortunatly for him a rumor reached her that Piosenniel, Birdland, and C7A had commited administrator-cide and that birdland had pulled an arwen. celeaewn snorted. " oh how nice of them! they didnt even tell me! hmph!"she decided that since noone was going to help, she might as well go disable the REG, she was going to have to do it herself, b4 another paperwieght decided to go and crush a hobbit. but first of course, there were tools. the light bulb went off. galadriels dress!! celeaewen heard that Galadriel was in the bar, so she hurried over, procured pliers, hammer and screwdriver, and hurried to find the REG. she asked a passing hobbit for directions "where's the random event generator?" the hobbit pointed behind her. there was a big neon green sign reading "RANDOM EVENT GENERATOR THIS WAY" and a arrow to the left. she thanked the hobbit, and hurried off, but not before she heard the hobbit remark on the amazingly low IQ of drunk elves. Celeaewen made a mental note to drop paint on the hobbit, and rushed off to find the REG. it was hidden behind a rock, by the treeline. wen she finally arrived Celeaewen was nonplussd (ooc: is that the right word?) THIS was IT? it was a little black box with four buttons. Celeaewen set to work. she turned it over, took the lid off, and began to mess with the wires. a pretty green wire caught her eye. she reached for it"i wonder wat this does?" she grabbed the wire and ZAP! an electircal shock. she grinned dazedly, hair slightly on end
" ooohhhh! its electtrical...."
Old 05-22-2002, 06:45 PM   #349
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel wakes up. She looks around "huh? was someone calling my name a couple hours ago?" Shaking her head, she wanders around the field. "Is anyone left at this party?" she thinks. she's dissapointed by the fact that it may be over, she was hoping to get it to at least 10 pages long...
Sadly, she pulls out a bottle of wine from the Mystery pocket, and begins to spin, waiting for someone to show up...
Old 05-22-2002, 07:01 PM   #350
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

minature lighting flashes are coming from behind the rock where Celeaewen was tampering with the REG. Celeaewen, sensibly, decides that REGs are not to be tampered with, and settles for giving herself electrical shocks with the green wire. the novelty soon wore off, and a very fried looking elf staggered from behinf a rock. the party grounds appear emptey, and she is extermly dssapointed in her fellow barrow-downers. not even four days! pathetic. She decieded that the fried look was not the most flattering and went to the river a ways back from the treeline to clean up.
Old 05-22-2002, 08:01 PM   #351
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Laie wakes up under the fragrant apple tree she had dozed off under. "What a strange dream! I wonder what everyone else is up to." She walks off and comes upon a spinning Gala with a new bottle of wine in her hand. "Hey, I thought you gave up on the wine for coffee!" she exclaimed, falling into place spinning next to her.
Old 05-22-2002, 08:10 PM   #352
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel grins at Laie "oh, i missed you! we must get this party up to 10 pages before i'm happy! oh, and i decided that wine is much more fun." She takes a drink, grabs Laie's hands, and spins Titanic style!
Old 05-22-2002, 08:30 PM   #353
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Ten pages, here we come! Woo hoo! But I'm sticking to the 'safe' Dr. Pepper! Hurrah for ten pages!" Laie cried, laughing and spinning and grinning.
Old 05-22-2002, 08:31 PM   #354
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel screams "TEN PAGES!!!!!" and spins even faster. She lets go of one of Laie's hands to grab some wine from the Mystery pocket and take a couple gulps..
Old 05-22-2002, 08:37 PM   #355
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Shield

Laie throws her head back and laughs, and once Gala finishes gulping her wine, Laie slurps some Dr. Pepper from the can. Caffine without alcohol...yummy...
"Ten Pages!" she cries, and Gala and Laie spin even faster yet...
Old 05-22-2002, 08:39 PM   #356
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel keep spinning. She thinks that she and Laie should think of something mor interesting to do to get to the ten pages, but she can't think of anything, so she keep screamin', drinkin', and spinnin'!!!
Old 05-22-2002, 08:46 PM   #357
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Shield

Laie noticed that her last post was her 105th post, and giggles. "I missed my 100th post!" she screamed, kicking herself. "Oh, well, I've had 106 posts! Yay for me, and Happy 2nd Barrow Wight," she shouted, spinning and raising her can of Dr. Pepper.

Laie agrees with Gala, they should find something more interesting to do to get to 10 pages. But since neither Gala or Laie had any ideas, Laie just kept spinning and sipping along with Gala...

[ May 22, 2002: Message edited by: Laiedheliel ]
Old 05-22-2002, 08:50 PM   #358
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Galadriel screams "OH NO!!! I missed my 100th too!!!! o well, it was somewhere here in the party, so it was well spent!" She raises her wine bottle and toasts with Laie "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARROW-DOWNS!!! I LOVE YOU! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] "
Old 05-22-2002, 08:58 PM   #359
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel looks at Laie seriously "Laie, we have to get to page ten quickly, i hear my dreams calling me... that's why i'm posting twice in a row, to try and get there soon...."
Old 05-22-2002, 08:59 PM   #360
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm a wight!" Laie throws the can over her shoulder and grabs a bottle of mirovur from a table as they spun past. "Who worries about getting drunk once you're a wight? Woo Hoo! I'm a wight!" Laie does the happy *I'm a Wight* dance while spinning. It was quite entertaining to watch...