User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2002, 05:38 AM   #161
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rûdhchamion was about to motion to Anarya when he saw her begin to slip. He quickly reached out and pulled her towards him, letting her get a better foothold. The movement was heard by the figures, and the one below their tree looked up. The dark elf quickly shifted his position, unsheathing his knife and jumped down, like a cat after its prey.

Landing on his target, grabbed its head and slashed its neck, to silence and kill instantly. Anarya had let loose a barrage of arrows, felling down three. Another advanced towards the dark elf, and was met by Rûdhchamion’s well-aimed knife that slashed from abdomen to heart.

Another had come from his left and attacked the elf with a sword. Rûdhchamion shifted to avoid the blow, but the hooded creature was fast and was able to slash at the elf, hitting him below the rib. The elf slipped and fell back, which saved his life. Another slash had been directed at his head, and as he fell he threw his knife. Anarya too, had aimed as well and caught the figure behind its neck as the knife found its mark.

Finally, there was silence.

Rûdhchamion looked into the mist and listened before taking his knife and stood up. He took the hood off the one he had just killed, and the sight that met him chilled him to the bone. The body that should be there was no more. What he held was something foul and abhorrent.

As Anarya watched, he recovered several arrows. A habit he was taught in the wild. Ammunition was after all, hard to find.

He climbed the tree once more and handed the arrows to Anarya. She noticed he winced as he had accidentally bumped his side on one of the tree’s branch climbing up. She helped him up, and let him lean on her as he settled in their position.

“Keep wary,” he said to her. He then took out his light pack and taking out his cloak, cut a strip before putting it back. He lifted his tunic exposing the wound he received. It did not look too serious, only a deep slash. “I think it will be safer here, since we can see from all direction. Tomorrow we can continue our task.”

He began to dress his wound. "Your skill in your bow matches your gift in your craft."

She silently helped him with his wound. He stared at her and was puzzled by her silence.

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 05-30-2002, 01:13 PM   #162
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Anarya SilverBranch has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Anarya's hands were shaking from the fight as she helped the elf. She had never been in such close combat with something that was mortal, or atleast seemed it.

"Does something trouble you?" Rudhchamion asked.

Anarya dared not look up. She know understood this feeling that seemed to grab her stomach in a flurry of butterfly wings, and she knew if she let it take hold of her, it might ruin the whole mission.

"No, don't worry for me. I'm fine," She answered.

"Oh I see," Rudhchamion replied.

Anarya looked up alarmed, he could not possibly know.

"Everyone is always a little shaken after a fight. Theres nothing wrong in being scared," He continued with a smile of understanding.

Anarya set her brow hard down upon her eyes, and set back to fixing the wound. He thought her a coward.

"I was not scared," she answered crossly, "Merely surprised."

With that she set the final bandage around his waist with a rough yank. This did not seem to effect Rudhchamion. He laughed at her reply and jumped to the ground.

"Of course my dear Anarya, of course." He said striding over to where the bodies of the black cloaked figures lay. Anarya followed.

"Now, lets have a gander at these strangers of ours shant we?" Rudhchamion said with a slight grin, and kneeling to the ground next to a body...
Old 05-31-2002, 07:39 AM   #163
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The dark elf looked intently at the hooded figure. His face betraying not his abhorrence to the hooded – thing. He knew whatever it originally was, was no longer man or possibly elf. It was a violation of all natural laws… a being manipulated and twisted by something evil, turned into something that was never meant to be.

He sighed. “This is a strange and evil thing. They were like those that we have encountered before. Remember all you see here Anarya. Your liege lord may unravel the mystery in all this when you give him the details.”

Anarya, too, knelt by the figure to get a closer look. The face of whatever being it was turned her stomach into a knot. So horrible was the sight.

“What are they?” She asked in a hoarse whisper.

“I know not… wraiths? I am not quite sure, I have never seen one. Perhaps they are- were mortal… I cannot tell.” He whispered back to her. He searched the body further. It yielded nothing more. “Perhaps the strange elf, Mornavorion, would have shed some light in this matter. Alas, I could not question him.”

He turned to the young elf maiden. "Your thought on this, Anarya?"
Old 05-31-2002, 01:22 PM   #164
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya stared at the body with horror. A twisted mangled silloette of a creature beyond description. It chilled her terribly.

Anarya looked away with disgust, "I know not," she answered, her voice breaking, "Mayhap you ask him yourself."

She stood and walked over to a tree, setting her hand on the trunk to steady her shaking body. She was still young and had been sheltered from such things as a child. She had never seen anything that scared her more ever before.

Rudhchamion still knelt by the body. Anarya turned, once she was calm.

"Maybe it is some kind of a mutation of a nazgul?" She asked, not too young enough to know what a Nazgul was.

Rudhchamion stood slowly not taking his eyes off the carcus, "Maybe, though I'm not sure,"

Anarya looked up that the sky. The once navy sky was lightening to the sickly grey of morning.

"We should be on our way," Rudhchamion said stading, "Shall we?"

Anarya nodded, swallowing hard the anxiety that gathered in her throat. She looked over at Rudhchamion who seemed deep in thought. Feeling like a nuisence she began to walk into the morning gloom but soon heard Rudhchamion's steady pace behind her...

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: Anarya SilverBranch ]
Old 06-03-2002, 07:51 AM   #165
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion was greatly disturbed. He had never seen such beings such as those that they had encountered. He had heard of stories, but those creature were an abomination! Only one with dark powers could have conjured such things.

But had not most of Greenwood been besieged by other evil creatures of late? But why?

He glanced at Anarya’s back. He didn’t quite know what to think of the young maiden. She was admirably quick in mind and bow. And quite spirited this maiden certainly was! She had easily overcome her fear and did what needed to be done. The dark elf now understood Legolas’s faith in her. And a sight she was, he began to acknowledge. She was young, but not so young that you would not take notice!

He reached out to her grabbing her shoulder gently. “Anarya, are you alright?”

“I’m fine,” she said sounding irritated.

The dark elf stared at her, calculating her mood. That she was badly shaken, he knew, but not from battle. He could not blame her, even he was appalled by those creatures. He regretted not being able to hear Mornovarion’s full tale.

He set aside his trail of thoughts and looked where the men had last stopped. The mortals had begun their trek. They had maintained their route, still travelling along the eastern eaves of Mirkwood going south.

“I fear that as they near their destination, we shall be facing more than those vile creatures.” Rûdhchamion did not wish to alarm her, but forewarned is forearmed. He believed she could hold her own. But that did not keep him from worrying. “Let us be on our way. Don’t let them get too far from our sight.”

With that the pair continued their tracking of the human Micanar.
Old 06-03-2002, 08:32 AM   #166
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Nice-Smeagol has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

When the orcs finally got bored of pulling Mornovarion along, the day was nearing it's end and Mornovarion could, in the fading light, see the great rugged hills of the Eymin Muil around him. The party crossed the river at a ford. The feeling of the cold water on their feet relieved the elves blisters a bit, but the elves were still grateful of the chance to rest about a mile further down the river. A chunk of meat was given to each of the elves. Mornovarion poked at it with his finger, but decided to eat it or he would starve.
The next morning the orcs started out again now leaving the river and travelling east, east towards Mordor.

I'm evil I know, but hey, who's gonna stop me! Bwahahahahahahaha!
Old 06-03-2002, 10:16 AM   #167
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Fair Amaryllis has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fair Amaryllis
Sting

While Amaryllis had stayed with her mother for a week or so, she had let herself imagine what her rather appealing friend, Arloss, was doing. She imagined him on horseback, riding alongside the king's son, Legolas. Then she caught herself imagining him sipping waper from a cool clear stream while resting for the night, his brown eyes filled with joy and laughter as he ran to her and swept her off the forest floor and kissed her so sweetly.

In the afternoon, of the last day she had visited her mother, a messenger arrived at the door. Amaryllis answered and was greeted by one of her friends who worked inside the palace.

"Why, Thalig, what are you doing here?"

The messenger hid his eyes from his female friend for he knew that should he face her gaze, she would see the bad news he could not keep hidden.

"Miss, Amaryllis, I was sent because a terrible terrible thing has happened..."

Amaryllis became wary of each word he spoke and the tone in which it was spoken.

"What? What has happened?"

"Since you were seen with him last, it was decided upon that you should be the first to know..."

A vision of Arloss flashed in Amaryllis' mind. His face bloody, his eyes filled with horror, frozen in death. The tears came and she chose not to fight them. She used all her strength to listen to the rest of what Thalig had to say.

"He was found in the forest... They could not save him... He fought courageously. I'm so terribly sorry, Amaryllis."

Thalig was starting to turn away from the door with sorrowful eyes as Amaryllis burst out of the house and started running. To where, she had no clue, all she knew was that she had to get away. Had to go somewhere where she could weep. Thalig began to run after her but was soon far behind her and could no longer follow her.

She ran as fast as she could into the woods. The branches tearing at her dress. She hardly felt one slash her arm as she headed deeper and deeper into the forest. Blinded by the tears in her eyes, she could not see the log that lay directly in her path. She tripped over it, landing in a puddle of mud, covering herself with the filth and stench. She got up, however, and stumbled into the clearing where two elf girls sat silently. She finally collapsed in a heap of mud, stench, and sobs. She could run no more, her legs throbbed, and her feet were bleeding. As she wept on the forest floor, she gave up on love and all that could make her happy.

[ June 03, 2002: Message edited by: Fair Amaryllis ]
Old 06-03-2002, 02:16 PM   #168
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya looked up from her feet as they walked. Rudhchamion had taken lead and all she needed to do was follow him.

In the east a clearing broke through the trees, a rare sight in Mirkwood. They continued till they reached it. The sun shone down merrily in the little glade. The place was green as Varda's thumb and scattered with flowers, bright and vivid. A river ran through it, clear as glass so you could see to the bottom where sandy colored rocks lay, waiting to be picked up by the current and moved down stream. It was beautiful.

Anarya felt her breath leave her lungs with awe.

"Oh," She said softly just staring.

"You like it?" Rudhchamion asked walked up to the stream and dipping his hand in the water for a drink.

"Yes," She said with a smile.

"It is pretty isn't it," He said looking around him.

Anarya made her way over to the little river and looked at her reflection. She was not normally vain or self concious about her looks but when she looking at her face in the swift water, she was apalled. She was a mess, dirt smudged her cheeks and forehead, and her hair, she didn't even want to go there. Feeling frustrated that Rudhchamion had not pointed out the stick lodged in one of her once golden curls, she dove her head into the current. She came up, hair dripping wet, to the sound of Rudhchamions laughter. She looked over at him. He sat in the grass chuckling at her.

"Well it was your fault you didn't tell me I looked this terrible," She said feeling a traitorous smile edge across her mouth.

She rolled her eyes in mock frustration and turned back to the water, peering into the glassy stream. Suddenly something caught her eye. Something glinted silver in the water on the river floor. She reached into the water and pulled the little silver thing out. She held it to the sun, the little amulet like thing shining. A silver coin it seemed with an ivory white hand in the middle.

"Eh," Said Rudhchamion, catching sight of the curious object, "What have you got there?"

He took it from her fingers and looked at it closely.

"Hmm," He mumbled after a moment of staring at it, "I believe our mortal character seems to have fogotten something,"
Old 06-03-2002, 04:11 PM   #169
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Leighlei has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Leighlei
Sting

OOC: Sorry about absence.
BIC:
Sauche smiled.
"Truth is..I can't remember much either... I'm just a wanderer... I fight, I scavenge, I hunt... I do not love." She looked at her companion. "I just don't. I can't find it in myself to... I don't remember my parents... they died when I was young. And I have been alone ever since..."
Old 06-05-2002, 05:37 AM   #170
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Wazrárz waited impatiently as his subordinates readied for another raid. Two groups would be released in the wilds. A light battalion of orcs would sweep near the Great River, uprooting the hated elves that crossed their path. He had been told that a patrol and one of the Dark Lord's loyal servant would await his people there and give new orders.

He looked towards where the wolf-riders were restlessly waiting their turn to be fielded as well. Wazrárz was pleased, the draugs would bring in more "fresh meat" that should satisfy his men, who was already growing "soft" to his accord.

"Take as many prisoners as you can ALIVE!" He growled. "The Lord has need of them - but should any succumb to injuries..." He left it unfinished, an evil glint in his eyes. His men and draugs knew his meaning and a chilling laughter answered him. They were quite starved for fresh blood and "meat".
Old 06-05-2002, 06:02 AM   #171
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The dark elf was in deep thought once more. He had been puzzled at Anarya's finding of the silver coin. Perhaps it was a currency that the mortals were being paid in. After all a silver coin was a silver coin, and gold was still gold in whatever emblem it had.

Rûdhchamion was sitting under an old oak while the young elf maiden was not far off, keeping an eye on the direction of the mortals. The men moved in a slow leisurely matter, he thought. As if waiting to be joined by others, perhaps to meet them. It took all his training to fight down impatience and frustration. He wanted to go after Micanar and his companions more than once, and end their miserable lives. But he would break oath with the Elvenking, and lose the chance to find the real ones responsible for the death of his kin.

Besides, he thought, he wanted to know why it had all happened. Why all the killing again? Hadn't the Last Alliance defeat the Dark Lord?

He gazed at Anarya's direction and smiled. He felt lighter these days. Even with this "mission" he had found himself in. The dark elf felt his burden lighten and he began to sing softly...

"Where is the Eryn Galen, once renown,
Under oak and beech gentle beasts could roam
And among the branches birds of bright song.

Is this the Greenwood where once I wandered?
Thy proud elms, how well I still remember,
And one could hear elven songs and laughter."

Rûdhchamion stopped as he realized it had been a long while since he had sung beneath the trees of Greenwood. Turning he saw the young elf maid smile.
Old 06-05-2002, 01:28 PM   #172
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya turned bright red when Rudhchamion turned and saw her smiling. She bit her lip and concentrated on the east, the direction the men were traveling in.

She knew that it was useless to feel such a way for Rudhchamion. He probably thought of her as a child, a little sister. But she did not want him to think of her in that way. She tucked a loose golden curl behind her ear selfconciously.

She stood and streched feeling cramped. she wanted to get walking again. She ran her fingers through her now dry hair with impatience.

"Might we leave soon?" She asked, looking in Rudhchamion's direction.

He glanced up at her and grinned, "Getting a bit anxcious are we?" He asked.

Anarya shrugged and knelt down, picking a daisy from the ground and slowly detaching its petals from its golden head, one by one.
She heard Rudhchamion stand behind her and walk over to the little river to retreive his small pack and dagger.

"Well," He said strapping the pack to his back, "Shall we,"

Anarya smiled and picked up her own quiver, "Yes we shall," She answered as they exited the little glade, she tagging along behind Rudhchamion.

Night came fast, searing the sky with its black silver studded cape. It streched above the forest canopy.

The pair continued walking through the now dark maze of trees till they heard a sound that made them stop.

Anarya held her breath as Rudhchamion motioned to a tree for them to hide in. Anarya lept up to the first brach quickly followed by Ruhchamion who sat, nervously fingering his dagger handle. Anarya shivered with cold from the night air, but soon started shivering for another reason. Voices and laughter drifted through the trees up ahead, harsh cruel voices that were not those of elves...
Old 06-05-2002, 07:20 PM   #173
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Khelek struggled and whined softly as the Orcs dragged him along. He was just a pup, pure white, and from the valley of Rivendell, where Lord Elrond would regard them with pleasure and admire their qualities of cunning, swiftness, and strength. But now Orcs had started drawing dangerously close, and had taken him and his kin away from the blessed valley. Khelek whined again and the Orcs kicked him, laughing as they did so. A Warg snarled at him, wanting to taste meat.

Khelek whined to himself, but picked up a familiar scent, or at least one that was remotely familiar, and it soothed him. The scent of Elves nearby. All he had to do was escape from the Orcs and find them, and everything would be all right, and soon he would once again be carressed gently by Celebrian and licking Elrond's face.

But no, wait, that would not happen. News had arrived just days before Celebrian had been taken by Orcs as she returned from a journey from Lorien, her parents' land. The Orcs were drawing dangerously near, and nowhere in Middle-earth could escape the long stretch of evil.

[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: GreatWarg ]
Old 06-06-2002, 08:58 AM   #174
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The dark elf was motionless as both he and Anarya waited for the unknown enemy to pass. A few seconds passed. There was no mistaking the scent that wafed up to him. It was the foul stench of orcs!

His blood boiled as they grew closer. It was the young elven maiden's presence that stayed him. Caution was needed now, revenge could wait.

Rûdhchamion sharpened his senses and listened. He saw Anarya fidget, and motioned her to be still. He saw she had her bow strung and ready for any trouble.
Old 06-06-2002, 05:03 PM   #175
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya heard a soft bark come along with the coarse voices and laughter. Anarya looked down from the tree as she watched a group of orcs pass under them. She saw, to her horror, the monsters dragging a puppy along behind them roughly. She had always loved animals and hated to see them hurt. She watched as an orc roughly kicked the pup. The dog yelped pitifully as it fell forward only again to be kicked by another monster.

She felt her anger come and stupidly, she leapt down from their hiding place, throwing her bow and arrow down and brandishing her dagger. She came at an orc, but before she could do any harm she was hit in the head hard by another and knocked o the ground, loosing her dagger in the process. She felt the cool slide of blood drip down the side of her face. She was weaponless and to the mercy of the orcs.

"Oh," She thought mournfully, "What was I thinking?"

An orc, that looked like the leader of the group, stepped forward with a self satisfied grin on his face. Anarya felt fear plunge into her heart. He knelt beside her, stench filling the air around Anarya so thick she could hardly breathe.

"Well," He said, to her amazement, in her language, "What have we here? A pretty little elf maid lost in the woods?" He stroked her hair, making Anarya shudder terribly.

The orc through back his head in laughter, but it was soon silenced. Faster than the blink of an eye, an arrow struck the orc in the neck cutting off his miserable life's breath...
Old 06-06-2002, 05:39 PM   #176
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Seeing the Orcs draw in closer for combat, Khelek growled and bit firmly into an Orc chieftein's neck, revealing, for a moment, the power of Elrond within him. He detached himself as the Orc falls down, limp, and looks up at the Elf above him in the tree. Whining softly, Khelek barked pitifully and sunk next to Anarya, licking her wound.

Khelek looks up again, with a fierce gladness in his heart for the two Elves, and uses his eyes to speak to Rûdhchamion."Thank you."

Growling at the pressing Orcs, he slowly stood up to defend his new-found friends.

[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: GreatWarg ]
Old 06-07-2002, 04:37 AM   #177
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion nearly had a heart attack as the young elf maiden leapt down. He too had seen the white wolf pup and it took all his will power not to interfere least they be revealed.

“Wonderful! So much for precaution,” he muttered under his breath. With one fluid motion got his bow and arrow, releasing it at the orc nearest Anarya. He was glad to see the ferocity of the pup as it downed an orc near it. He re-strung and aimed at another orc who was coming at the wolf-pup. He was startled when a faint form of a thought entered his mind sending its heartfelt gratitude, but he set it aside and continued his assault against the orcs.

“Take cover! They have archers!” He shouted as he spotted the two orcs readying their bows. A movement caught his eye, and he saw a black wolf coming towards the pup and Anarya. “Ware the warg to your left!”

The elf maid was able to retrieve her weapons and scramble behind the tree for cover. The white wolf-pup growling as the warg neared them stood his ground to defend her.

The dark elf quickly released another arrow, lifting one orc off the ground with the force of impact. Its companion shot at the tall elf, missing Rûdhchamion by an inch. Shifting his position he shot the remaining archer throw the eye and neck.
Old 06-07-2002, 06:10 PM   #178
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya brandished her dagger, close to her body as she and the warg circled each other. She heard the dog next to her, a rolling growl erupting from his muzzle. The warg was large and dangerous. It bared it white fangs at her angrily.

"Anarya!" She heard Rudhchamion yell.

She looked over at him just in time to see him toss her bow to her. She caught it, but not before the dog and warg soon came into deadly combat. She strung her bow and aimed. The arrow spilt the air, hitting the warg's throat directly. The demon wolf staggered slightly, then fell to the forest floor. Anarya let out a sigh of relief.

"What were you thinking!" Rudhchamion said walking over to her, "You could have been killed!"

Anarya shrugged, breathing hard, "Oh well, atleast the puppy's safe," She answered

The dog walked up to them, his white coat stained red in places with the warg's blood. Despite his rough exterior, the pup walked up to them, wagging his tail. He barked slightly. Anarya knelt to the ground, a smile streching across her face. Rudhchamion knelt beside her.

"Why hello little friend, now how did you get in the comapny of those orcs?" Anarya asked scratching the dog's ears.

Rudhchamion smiled at the dog, than looked at her.

"Your bleeding you know," He said standing and walking over to his pack.

He retrieved a piece of cloth and handed it to Anarya.

"You might want to stop it," He said handing it to her.

Anarya felt her stomach jump, "Thank you," said stuttered taking the cloth and pressing it against her head wound, walking away to where her bow lay.

She was beginning to get used to this feeling now. It didn't bother her any more, and she wouldn't let it...
Old 06-07-2002, 06:54 PM   #179
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek watched, wagging his tail back and forth slowly. The elf-maiden, whom he now connected to as Anarya, seemed to have an understanding of the other Elf, Rudhchamion. Whether it was her body language, or her scent, he was pleased with her kind attitude towards him. Khelek looked up at Rudhchamion, in a look that said plainly I'm hungry. The Orcs hadn't exactly starved him, but the meat was rotten and smelled suspiciously like Man-meat.

Rudhchamion smiled warmly at the young pup, and took out what he had left of some dried meat. Khelek ate it hungrily, then whined softly in a contented way, making Anarya and Rudhchamion laugh. He was safe... for now...
Old 06-08-2002, 08:07 AM   #180
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The dark elf had found a small alcove where they could spend the rest of the night and rest. Rûdhchamion decided it was safe to light a small fire and had gathered some dried twigs and leaves. He had left the pup with Anarya and was gone for only a few moments, then returned with a brace of rabbits.

He dressed and pitted the rabbits, all the while keeping silent. Setting his catch on the fire he let it roast. He casted a glance at the Anarya and the wolfpup, before turning his attention once more to his chore. Once it was cooked, he took both rabbits and sat next to Anarya and the white pup.

“Well, little Khelek, enjoy your meal and rest with the fair maiden Anarya. Tomorrow we continue our task. You are a long way from home!”

The wolf-pup’s presence was troubling. Rûdhchamion had heard of white wolves before, but those who served the Dark Lord long ago. But from what he had “read” from little Khelek, he had come all the way from Imladris! Though it would be no suprise if he was to be bred into the orcs’ warg hunting group.
He looked at Anarya finally. He had been upset that she could do something so impulsively. But seeing she was alright, he decided he was not angry, but relieved she was not sorely hurt.

“Rest,” he told her. “I will keep watch.”

He then took his bow and arrow and began his vigil.
Old 06-08-2002, 01:40 PM   #181
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya lay on her stomach looking at the pup. Where had he come from? What was his name? Did he have a name? Anarya wished that animals could speak. They would proabaly have a lot to say if they did.

"Do you have a name?" She asked it outloud, not caring if Rudhchamion heard.

The pup looked back at her and blinked.

"Khelek," She whispered, the name just coming to mind, "Do you like that name? Khelek?"

The dog wagged its tail, its toungue hanging out of his mouth. He barked slightly. Anarya smiled, "Alright then Khelek," She answered.

Anarya flipped over onto her back smiling up at the stars. She was glad to have Khelek next to her and Rudhchamion nearby. She felt safe, a feeling she had not felt for a long time...
Old 06-09-2002, 07:45 AM   #182
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

From the hiding place where they rested, Rûdhchamion peered into the horizon. The sky was slowly changing hue, streaks of violet and crimson could be seen. After their encounter with the orcs, he had feared another would follow. The dark elf had not voiced his fear to Anarya so as not to alarm her.

He turned to look where the young elf maiden was resting. He smiled as he watched her rest with the white wolf-pup in her arms. Her golden tresses about her fair face, she was picturesque. He felt something was growing between them. But this was not the time to dwell in such things, he reprimanded himself, his smile fading.

Listening intently, his sharp eyes swept his surroundings. Finding all was well, he stood and stretched. After the elf maiden awakened they would have to be on their way.

He would have to teach the pup, Khelek, how to be a proper hunting dog. He sensed the wolf-pup did not need much instruction. But they needed to use stealth on their mission.

He heard Anarya and the pup stir and turned to face them.

[ June 09, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 06-09-2002, 09:33 AM   #183
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Gayahithwen jumped down from the rock she and Sauche was sitting on and ran forwards to the elven maiden that had collapsed in a heap in the beautiful clearing. Kneeling next to her, Gayahithwen carefully turned her around, but the elven maiden quickly turned back, probably not wanting to show her mud- and tear-stained face, but Gayahithwen had allready seen who it was - Amaryllis - an elf she only knew by the looks and nothing more. Gayahithwen waved her hand towards Sauche, urging her to get down from the rock as well. Taking a quick look, Gayahithwen decided that nothing was broken, or that Amaryllis was hurt in any other way - she could hear that by the elfs cry as well.. It was not a cry in physical pain, but a cry out of heartbrokeness..
Gayahithwen turned to Sauche.

"We should help her back to the castle. The healers might be able to help her, but I don't think that I can.. Listen to her cry, my friend.. she is heartbroken! That is, as you ought to know, a dangerous state to be in as an elf. Do you know any good way to carry her back?"

Feeling that she ought to do something, Gayahithwen cut a piece from her robe, dipped it into the water in the little creek and tried to wash away the mud from Amaryllis face, not noticing what Sauche did, untill she looked up again. Sauche was standing in front of her, looking at both her and Amaryllis. Feeling that Sauche wanted to say something, Gayahithwen kept silence and waited.
Old 06-09-2002, 10:28 AM   #184
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Nice-Smeagol has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Mornovarion could see mountains in the distance, not mountains like the ones he would look at as a child, far to the north of their village, but black cold mountains with a great black smoke sround them, the border of Mordor. "Not long now, my pretties, not long now!" laughed the orc captain. Now they were descending into the marshes, flies were everywhere and the water that they were forced to run through was a thick and dirty-looking liquid. It could hardly even be called water.
When night, which grew ever-longer as they came closer to the Black Land, came, lights and faces appeared in the water. Mornovarion heard voices speaking to him, "Join us, come into the water, it is sooo nice", but the orcs warned them against entering the water, and, Mornovarion decided, whatever an orc didn't want to enter for fear of evil, Mornovarion wanted nothing to do with.
The party stopped by the stump of an old blasted tree. It appeared they were waiting for somebody, or something. Soon out of the mist came a group of figures. As they came closer Mornovarion saw that they were wearing long black cloaks.

I'm evil I know, but hey, who's gonna stop me! Bwahahahahahahaha!
Old 06-09-2002, 11:52 AM   #185
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya opened her eyes to the sun. The pup's soft breathing was rythmic in her ears. Gold mingled with purple in the morning dew. Rudhchamion stood near, gazing into the sun, dawn's warm yellow locks spraying across the heavens, already blue with the promise of day. Despite the beautiful morning, the elf looked troubled. Concern seemed written across his brow like dark letters. Anarya moved a gently as possible, trying not to disturb the sleeping pup in her arms. Khelek whimpered softly, then went back to sleep. Anarya stood and walked to Rudhchamion who had turned at the sound of her awakening.

"Good Morning," He said smiling, but his eyes did not smile along with his mouth.

"What troubles you?" Anarya asked carefully, "You seem, concerned,"

"Yes, young Anarya I am," He said turning to where the remnents of the fire from the night before smolderedand kneeling by them, "I fear there may be another host of orcs coming through,"

Anarya bit her lip, thinking on his answer, "Why didn't you tell me before?" She asked.

"I did not wish to alarm you," He answered.

Anarya chuckled a bit, "Alarm me? After all that has happened to us so far, I doubt anything could alarm me again,"

At that, Rudhchamion's grey eyes lit up with laughter, "I believe that you may be right, Anarya. A lot of unexpected events have happened to us so far," He answered standing.

"Well," He said wiping off his hands on his tunic, "Might we be going?"
Old 06-09-2002, 12:02 PM   #186
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek bounced out of the alcove, sniffing the morning air, taking delight in the cool drops of dew that splashed on his nose. He wagged his tail and ran in a circle around Rûdhchamion, eager to get started. A strong sense of compassion could be felt between Anarya and Rûdhchamion, but Khelek made sure he did not interfere between that relationship.

The white wolf pup wriggled into a log and growled playfully at an insect inside it. It chirped back and hopped away. Khelek twitched his ears at every crack or splinter of a stick in the distance.

"We should be going," Rûdhchamion thought out loud. Khelek turned back, staring with thoughtful eyes that twinkled like the bright Star of Earendil.

"Yes, let'sn go," Anarya agreed. Rûdhchamion broke up camp, carefully making sure the ashes from the fire were well hidden, and they set off in a westernly direction.
Old 06-09-2002, 05:33 PM   #187
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

LúthienTinúviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to LúthienTinúviel Send a message via AIM to LúthienTinúviel
Sting

Tinuiel stared with horror at the faces leering at her from the murky water. She could see Mornovarion a little in front of her. His back was bent. His body was covered with welts and bruises and blood. She stumbled forward a few paces and tried to place her hand on his shoulder, but her hand passed through him. No one saw her. She could only look on in despair as an Orc took a whip to his already shredded back. Tinuiel screamed. She cried out so loudly she thought the vision must cease, but it didn't. Instead, the Orcs paused. At first, Tinuiel thought that perhaps they had heard her, but it was not so. Tinuiel saw dark, hooded figures approaching, and a wave of fear so tangible it nearly knocked her over swept through her body. All the elves and even the orcs were cowering in fear.
from dawn to dusk, from sun to sea.

http://www.thereandbackagain.net
Old 06-10-2002, 04:45 AM   #188
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The two elves were once again on the human’s trail. Rûdhchamion sending silent instructions to the wolf-pup, Khelek. Rûdhchamion was pleased that the pup was controlling his curiosity and sometimes, too playful mood. He did not give chase to the woodland animals and left burrows undisturbed. And Anarya was delighted, it seemed, growing very fond of the white wolf-pup.

He sometimes found himself staring at the young elf maiden. As if to keep a picture of her in his minds eye as she walked gracefully. Her hair catching the rays of the morning sun. Her eyes were, as if by the grace of Kementari and Elbereth, had combined both green earth and clear blue sky. He shook himself mentally from his musing.

They continued their route, going southward. The tall dark elf had no doubt that the path the mortals took along the eastern eaves of Mirkwood would lead them near Dol Goldur.

Rûdhchamion stopped and stared up towards the eastern horizon. He spotted what he was looking for and sent a thought towards the flying figure in the sky. He felt Khelek’s curiosity and inquiry.

A friend who may aid us, he sent the thought to the pup.

“A friend?” He heard Anarya ask. He turned towards her, startled. “You… heard me speak to Khelek?”

A small brown falcon suddenly landed on the branch of a nearby tree, catching his attention. It eyed Anarya and the wolf-pup curiously, before turning to him.

How goes, Rûdhchamion of the Wild?

“Well, friend Leasse.”
The dark elf asked. “I would ask of news down south, of the Dark Forest. And of the humans ahead.”

A dark Shadow’s presence roams. You will find it less hospitable. Be warned, it is not your dominion, though elf you may be. No free-born creature roam willingly there any longer, but monsters and enemies to your kind. Your humans head steadily there, as some have already done.

“Thank you friend,”
Rûdhchamion finally said. “And a bountiful hunting! Please keep an eye out for us.” The falcon gave his acknowledgement and flew away.

He turned to his companions. “Well, let us continue on our way. The mortals it seems may be going straight towards Dol Goldur. Keep alert.”
Old 06-10-2002, 01:05 PM   #189
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

"What is Dol Goldur?" Anarya asked, for she had never heard of such a place.

"A place, mysterious, and unknown. No living being, as I've heard of, has entered its gates and returned unscathed. Its evil." Rudhchamion answered.

Anarya nodded and looked down at the ground, before another question arose in her mind, "Then, why are the men going there if it is so dangerous?"

Rudhchamion looked back at her and smiled, "That is what we are going to find out,"

Anarya felt a red flush rise to her cheeks, to see Rudhchamion's eyes glinting back at hers. She still did not understand why she let herself carry on with this feeling. She knew he could probably never think of her as anything other than a sister. This would only lead to pain for her.

Suddenly Khelek barked and the oddest thing happened to Anarya. She seemed to hear in her mind a conversation between the dark elf and the dog. She shook her head of the thoughts.

"I must be going mad," she thought wearily.

Just at the dog barked, looking up at Anarya.
"No your not Anarya," The words floated into her head.

The dog looked back at her, his steady gaze penetrating her's, "Ask Rudhchamion," a voice seemed to say in her head.

Anarya turned to the dark elf, "Rudhchamion, um is it a bad thing if I hear voices in my head," the elf turned and looked at her stunned, "The dog seems to be talking to me," She added sheepishly...
Old 06-10-2002, 06:07 PM   #190
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek looked at Anarya sternly. Rudhchamion was slightly bewildered that talking to animals seemed queer to Anarya. He, after all, thought it natural, almost like talking to another person. Then again he said to Khelek I have traveled distant lands and have become friends with many wild things that are against the Dark Lord. Anarya sent him another bewildered look.

"It is perfectly natural, escpecially in strong bonds between Elf and beasts," Rudhchamion answered. Khelek looked at them both. Dol Guldor draws close. It would be wise if you stayed less conspicuous. Rudhchamion nodded. They had been in the open for longer than wise already.
Old 06-10-2002, 06:36 PM   #191
Mayla Took
Wight

Mayla Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Mayla Took
Boots

It was late in the evening and the rain was streaming to the earth when the Hobbits reached the Dwarf city. The wet footsteps of the Dwarves and Hobbits echoed through the vast stone halls as they entered. The Dwarves squeezed the water from their beards as Doil grumbled and cursed the rain under his breath because of the water that had collected in his boots. Mayla and Pearl gazed at awe at their new surroundings. “Welcome to Dimril Dale!” announced Grundin proudly when he saw the look on the hobbit’s faces. He chuckled slightly with a gruff tone and turned to them once more “We will stay here for two nights to regain your strength before collecting the toy shipment and returning to Hobbiton.” Mayla and Pearl nodded in agreement. After a few moments, several Dwarves approached the company to escort each of them to their rooms. Mayla sighed with relief at the thought of a warm (relatively) night’s rest at Dale.
Bilbo to Merry and Pippin

"Fool of a Took! This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party. Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance. Now be quiet!"
Gandalf to Pippin in Moria

E-mail me at mailto:ThirdAgeHobbit@hotmail.comThirdAgeHobbit@hotmail.com</A>
Oh, and please rate me. THANKS!
Old 06-10-2002, 07:06 PM   #192
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Leighlei has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Leighlei
Sting

"Move." Sauche said firmly. She knelt beside the crying maiden and looked straight into her eyes. "You know not pain until even your smile is lost." She touched her own scar. "I nearly lost mine, and am thankful my eyelid is al that was scarred." She put a hand on the weeping maidens shoulder, and then, without so much as a by-your-leave, lifted her in her arms. "Okay, I can carry this one." She announced.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:35 PM   #193
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Shield

"You don't know what I have lost!" wept Amaryllis.

She didn't struggle as she was lifted up. She barely had the strength to speak as it were.

Tears still streamed down her face but she no longer sobbed as she had before. She had come to terms that love would never find her. She would be alone or the rest of eternity.

"Oh, Arloss. Why did you have to leave me just when I thought I had found the man I would spend the rest of time with?" She thought to herself. More tears streamed down her face as she was carried back to the castle. Somewhere along the way she lost conscienceness.

She woke up in a strange bed, with strange faces hovering in her vision. They were talking but she didn't want to hear what was being said. She thought she recognized one of the faces as Thaglig, who had given her the horrible, horrible message. He spoke with the other elf, who was obviously the healer, in quiet words, his voice full of concern.

When the two turned back to her, she was getting ready to get out of bed. She was about to throw of the covers when she realized, that she had nothign on underneath. She had been undressed, bathed, her hair was washed and brushed and was neatly braided. She looked around for her clothes. She found nothing. She surrendered to the bed and waited for somebody to speak to her.

"Why would you run into the forest like that, Amaryllis?" the healer asked.

"How...How do you know my name?" She stuttered.

"Silly elf, everybody knows your name. Have you forgotten that you are the prettiest elf in all of the kingdom? Kind Thranduil gave you the title himself."

"She must be delusional from the recent events," an elf-maiden, who Amaryllis faintly recognized said. "She needs plenty of rest."

"Rest will not heal me." Amaryllis said faintly. "Bring my garmetns and leave me be. I want to be alone."

"Alone is the worst thing to be at a time like this" Thalig said consolingly. "you need friends and family around you."

"No!" Amaryllis yelled. "I do not want to be around anyone! Just leave me alone!" She wrapped the blankets around herself and stormed out of the healers.
Old 06-11-2002, 11:14 PM   #194
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion had been suprised that Anarya did not know how to converse with the animals. But doubly so when she had heard him speak to Khelek. He wondered greatly at that, for only among his kin or those that had been dear to him could hear his thoughts.

“You are edhel, Anarya, elven, never forget that. Or has living in a “civilized” community cause you to forget your own heritage? We of the race who not only speak to the creatures of the wilds but to that which grow from the earth.” He smiled, “you need but listen, and you can hear even the song of the winds!”

He gazed at the elf maiden. She was like Pennnauriel at times. Yet she had a light within her that he had never seen, one that filled him with its warmth and cause heart to harken. If given the chance, how he would like to show her the many wonders of Greenwood and to teach her the songs of the wild.

Khelek’s bark brought him back from his reverie. He would have to guard his musings, he thought. The little wolf-pup could easily start telling Anarya, and this was not the time for such things!

No, I won’t! Khelek said mischieviously. Not yet!

The dark elf laughed, then quickly catching the look on Anarya’s face, stifled his laughter.
“Nothing, Anarya." He said finally, regaining his composure. "We must continue, we can rest at the stream yonder, pass the clusters of trees. It will provide us with cover. We can get a good view with the mortals' dealings as well.”

[ June 12, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 06-12-2002, 08:21 AM   #195
Gayahithwen
Wight

Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Holding a brick with food on, Gayahithwen slowly aproached the room in which she knew Amaryllis was. She was pretty satisfyed with herself, there was all kind of food on here. There had been several hours since she and Sauche had come back with Amaryllis.
Making sure Amaryllis was safe in the hands of the healers, Gayahithwen had gone back to the kitchen, getting all scold out by the kitchen-master, of course. She hadn't had time to come up with a good excuse for her absence, so she simply waited untill the kitchen-master was done and then went back to her duties. She had been given all boring duties all of the evening, untill someone told her to make some food for Amaryllis and get it up to the healers quarters.
Now here she was, carrying all kind of food on a brick, making sure nothing would fall off. Slowly aproaching the door, she didn't have time to look up in time. Someone stormed out of the door, hitting Gayahithwen and making her fall backwards, with all the food all over her dress. With some scolding words on her lips, she got up, thinking it was Elenwen, or maybe someone else of the servants that usually was there for helping the healers.

"What are you doing you.." she suddenly went silent, seeing that it wasn't anyone of the servants, but instead Amaryllis. She went quiet and whispered "Sorry. Excuse me, it was all my fault" getting down on her knees she started to pick up the rests of the food, blushing and wishing she could sink through the floor.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:11 AM   #196
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Sting

As she ran into Gayahithwen, she turned and the sheet she was trying to keep round herself nearly fell off. She took a couple deep breaths to to keep from letting her temmper out on Gayahithwen.

"No. It was my fault. I'm sorry. I was running out of there so quickly that I didn't watch where I was going. I would help you pick that up but seeing as I am i need of a dress...."

"No, it's alright," Gayahithwen answered.

Amaryllis looked down at Gayahithwen's dress. "Oh, look what I've gone and made you ruin your dress." With a moment's hesitation She added, "Would you like to come with me to get a new dress? I could sure use a girl to talk to."
Old 06-12-2002, 04:59 PM   #197
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek sniggered as they walked to the stream. He sniffed the air, and the scent of an open campfire and Men filled the forest. The Men, Khelek told Rûdhchamion Are quite stupid. They leave an open fire, talk so loudly, so loudly that any folk or creature within 5 miles of here can hear them! I very much wonder why they are here in the vastness of Mirkwood. Rûdhchamion looked back at him gravely. I do not know, but they come here for a purpose that I cannot see yet.

Khelek padded through the underbrush, and lapped some water before settling down for a short rest under a large, gnarled tree with many spreading branches.
Old 06-13-2002, 04:05 AM   #198
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion was in the tree gazing towards the direction of the men. Far beyond to the southwest, he spied another group. The distance was still to great, but they seemed to be coming towards the men. A small band, but he could not make them out if they were mortals, hidden in the shadows of the deep forest woods.

He looked down to where Anarya and Khelek were. The wolf-pup was sitting at the foot of the tree, the maiden's arm around him. The tall elf jumped down and sat next to them, a worried frown on his face

“Another group moves toward the men we follow. We cannot risk a fire tonight, but we must take to the trees. “ He sighed, thinking. “Khelek, you too must stay up the tree- until morning at least.”

“What is it? More trouble?” Anarya asked, looking at Rûdhchamion, with a slight frown on her face.

He hesitated a moment, but finally spoke. The white wolf-pup looked quietly at the dark elf. Khelek felt something greatly bothering Rûdhchamion, mostly about their safety.

“Anarya, before we continue tomorrow, I would speak my mind and hear your counsel. Danger draws near, and many thoughts trouble me.”
Old 06-13-2002, 02:37 PM   #199
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

LúthienTinúviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to LúthienTinúviel Send a message via AIM to LúthienTinúviel
Sting

The sky reeled. The mountains shook. The earth trembled. Or so it seemed to Tinuiel and the group of elves as the hooded figures drew ever closer.

The walls of dream and reality began to mingle. Tinuiel slipped deeper and deeper into the vision, until she no longer was aware that any other place existed but the current world of pain and horror. The walls of the quiet chamber were gone. Mornovarion lay tossing and turning, bathed in a sheen of sweat. Tinuiel lay across him--unconscious. Her raven hair fell across them both like a blanket. Her face was wet with tears and twisted with pain.

The first red streaks of dawn fell on the pair and seemed to wash them with blood.
from dawn to dusk, from sun to sea.

http://www.thereandbackagain.net
Old 06-14-2002, 06:47 AM   #200
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

First not knowing what to do, Gaya began to getting slower in her motions, and she suddenly stopped and looked up at Amaryllis.

"Pardon me, but what did you just say? I thought you just asked me to come with you, but.."

"Can't you come along?" Amaryllis asked and Gayahithwen decided to do so. Finishing picking up the stuff, she picked up the brick and followed Amaryllis towards her quarters. Hauling over the brick to another kitchenelf she passed by, she walked faster, right behind Amaryllis. They came through the place where the guards was practising.. When she thought about it, they had been practising for quite a long time by now. Amaryllis first slowered her steps, looking at all the guards, then fastening her steps, turning down her head and almost running through the corridor. Gayahithwen could hear some sobbing noices from the elf.