Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2002, 08:06 AM   #1
Iaurlachien
Pile O'Bones

Iaurlachien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril A new story, with the real feel of Middle-Earth.

I was hoping to keep this topic kinda serious. I would like the people that join in to try and write more then one or two lines when posting a reply. That way this thing can become a real middle-earth story rather than some stupid futuristic discussion. All people that want to join in should try and create a character that is fitting the story. Also the character must be of a race existing in middle-earth or a character that is like a middle-earth character. The same feeling if you know what I mean. Thanks and let's enjoy a great tale. Maybe if it turns out a good story I will collect all replies and turn it in to a printed story that others can read as a complete middle-earth story.

Well, enough of conditions and stuff, because we all hate those. I was just hoping to get more out of this freestyle rpg than I have been reading here so far. If you have any questions post a reply or mail me at jimi_rules@hotmail.com. If this freestyle rpg turns out to be not exactly what I know some of us are looking for in an rpg, we could maybe start some other form of rpg by email. Let me know what you think of it. That way I think it will produce a better store and more fun.
Old 08-18-2002, 08:27 AM   #2
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Auriel Haevasawen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I like your idea greatly. I'm not much good at debates on the other forums but love letting my imagination run riot in Middle Earth. I would be happy to join in with this and write in as Tolkien a style as possible too if you like (although that is quite tricky as I am definately not on his intellectual par!) Would there be room for Radgast the Brown or perhaps Wormtongue in your tale? If you tell me to 'get lost' politely I'll take no offence.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:10 AM   #3
Iaurlachien
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

There is certainly room for the characters you mentioned and I think we would do a great job together. Any ideas on the location? I was thinking of maybe starting off somewhere nice and quiet. Some beautiful place, but not Rivendell or Lothlorien or something. I think we should pick a location no other person on this forum has thougt of. I'm going to check the lotr maps right away!

Love, Iaurlachien

~All that is gold, does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost~
Old 08-18-2002, 11:26 AM   #4
Iaurlachien
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

What about the forest in the valley near the Blue Mountains. Just far enough away from the Shire. The forest on the map hasn't got a name attached to it, so we can use our imagination big time. Maybe we could speak of some lost little village inside or just outside the forest. Maybe two races living in peace together. Elves en dwarves maybe. But we have to leave some room for lots of different characters too, at least in the beginning of our story. So that others can join in any time.

Lady Iaurlachien

'Elves and dragons! I say to him. Cabbages and potatoes are better for me and you.' (the old Gaffer to Samwise)
Personally I believe that Elves and Dragons are better than cabbages and potatoes for anyone!
(
Old 08-18-2002, 11:39 AM   #5
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dūm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
1420!

Hi I was wondering if I could join your RPG? I'll tell you about my character.
Name:Faye Took
Weapons: Sting (Frodo gave it to me along with the Mithril)
Personality: Faye is a very nice hobbit and loves to go on adventures. She hangs out mostly with the boys on acount on she loves sword fighting and things that mostly boys would like.
Apperance: Long straight blonde hair, very bright green eyes, the most beautiful hobbit in the Shire (sorry always wanted to be beautiful).
Old 08-18-2002, 05:43 PM   #6
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

I like this idea. I hope this one develops into a great RPG, because it certainly seems to have potential if the RPers abide by your requirements. I know I shall, if you'll allow me to join.
I'll have to think a bit. I'll post my character profile later.
Old 08-19-2002, 01:24 PM   #7
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

The forest by the mountains location sounds fine and a great place for imaginings. I am not very good with plot lines because no matter what you do it always leads back to quests (no bad thing) but I will have a think and also look in old books about celtic and saxon mythology to see if that helps. I'll just get Goldberry and Wormtongue ready for whenever you're ready to start. If you've got Ith (above) on board this could turn out well, she's very good.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:44 PM   #8
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Aww... *blushes* [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I'm using my (modified) Althanas character for this one:

Name: Endereth Naurelyr
Race: Noldorin Elf (originally a drow, but that's not a ME race)
Appearance: Icy blue eyes, fair of face, long straight black hair, wears heavy dark blue cape and hood and mithril mail under it.
History: She was born and raised in Lothlorien, but has more recently gone a-shouldering with a small group of rangers to the western parts of Middle-earth (Shire, Lake Nenuial, Blue Mountains, etc.). After her fellows were slain while she was out on errand (similar to the situation of Beren and Barahir), she now wanders alone, grieving for them.
Personality: Quiet and placid, yet independent; doesn't like violence but is not craven.
Weapons/gear/abilities: She carries a sword only for when she is in dire need of it, some waybread, rope, and some medicines for minor injuries. She has extensive mental prowess and can sometimes see the future in dreams.

Approved? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2002, 01:17 PM   #9
Iaurlachien
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

You all sound like you are the right people for this kind of thing. I agree with what is said above: That if everyone follows the requirements I've set this could turn out to be a great tale full of adventure. Next I will pick my character. It seemed about time to do that.

Name: Rothallė the Black (Combination of different languages from Middle-Earth, Mostly Quenya in which it means rider or horse-rider (horse=rocco,to ride=rotha), she has many names and even some names that are already forgotten. This is the name most people use for her nowadays.
Race: Sorceress
Age: She's older than anyone really knows, but she doesn't look quite her age.
Personality: She's very brave and wise. She comes from a long line of Wizards and Sorcerers. Her grandparent went by the names of Alestar and Oļre, long forgotten by now.
Then there is a missing link. Nobody knows, even not her, who her parents were. She is determined to find out, because she feels there is something about herself she should know. The name that is mostly used for her is Miurė which means feminine or cat. Through out the story you will find out why.
Weapons: Of course her powers as a sorceress. She bears a staff made out of the wood of fangorn, of course with the permission of fangorn itself. Also she carries a small sword which was given to her by the Elvenking of Mirkwood.

Any other details we will find out later!

Love to everyone. I intend to start off soon, so pick your character and if you have any ideas on location or story plot let me know.

Lady Iaurlachien,

~All that is gold does not glitter,
not all those who wander are lost...~
Old 08-20-2002, 01:28 PM   #10
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dūm

1420!

This sounds great! When do you think we will start?
Old 08-20-2002, 01:28 PM   #11
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I would like to join if I may, i've only played part in one other RPG and it doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. I've a character who is a Mage, if there is not room for a mage I will create another character for you.
Old 08-20-2002, 01:37 PM   #12
Iaurlachien
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

There is room for a mage. As long as you don't make it too futuristic or something.
Do you have any more info on your character? I would like to know.

Love,

Iaurlachien
Old 08-20-2002, 01:39 PM   #13
Iaurlachien
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

By the way, would everyone let me know when they're ready to start, then I'll write the beginning of the story. As long as y'all agree with me, of course.

I'll try to make my character live, so...

Love,

Rothallė the Black
Old 08-20-2002, 01:50 PM   #14
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dūm

1420!

I'm Ready!
Old 08-20-2002, 03:10 PM   #15
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Certainly Iaurlachien.....

Name: Lómion
Race: Mage
Weapon: Bow and Quiver
Description: Lómion has a natural affinity for magic. He bares but one weapon, and is strong phyically and mentally. He is powerful yet sensible with his magic. Lómion is fairly tall, has dark hair and dark eyes. He often finds himself alone, thinking or letting his imagination get the better of him, he is not however, an unsociable person. Lómion is a talented poet, although very shy with his works.
History: Born within autumn, he feels he belongs in those surroundings however wanders ME to seek adventure and to meet new creatures. His homeland is unknown to most of ME, and his people prefer it this way. He grew up surrounded by magicks, his ability runs in the family.

Not too futuristic I hope.....
Old 08-20-2002, 04:57 PM   #16
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

I know already the location, but what is the plot of this RPG? Does it absolutely HAVE to be a quest?
Old 08-21-2002, 11:37 AM   #17
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I haven't done an RPG before, but I like to write and would like to try this out.

Name: Calentoliel
Weapon: a sword called Quickening (if anyone can translate quickening into elvish, I'd appreciate it)
Race: unknown- appears to be high elf
Past: unknown- she was found wandering near Rivendell when she was young
Personality: calm, quiet, and sometimes cheerful, but can have a slight temper if annoyed (one reason why her race is questioned)
Appearance: black hair and eyes that are as black as midnight
Unusual Gift: she is the only bard ever known, meaning that she has the ability to sing magical songs. Though this magic is very powerful, she will only use it when she needs to. How and where she got her magical gift is unknown, which is why it is questioned if she is really an elf at all.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-04-2007 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:07 PM   #18
Iaurlachien
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

You asked me what was going to be the plot of this story. I have given it a bit of a thought but I'd appreciate some help from y'all. We have to be able to tell a story which is complicated and has many different plot lines. On the other hand we have to keep it understandable and clear. If we make it too complicated we're sure to be going nowhere.

I suggest:
*Every character having a tale for itself. For example the character I chose doesn't know who her parents are and is determined to find that out because she feels she doesn't know quite everything there is to know about herself. So try to make your character part of something important. Maybe he or she is highly honourded by it's race or has a very interesting and mysterious history.
*On the other hand we should create a story line that is most important. The main plot line, if you understand what I mean. Suggestions on this are always welcome. Post any ideas, please. To answer your question: THE MAIN PLOT LINE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A QUEST. I think we should try and create a story that is different from any other story on this forum and we should try to let go of tolkien's main plot line. We would just be copying his story and putting in other names otherwise.

If I have any ideas, I'll post them later today.

Love,

Rothallė the Black
Old 08-21-2002, 12:16 PM   #19
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dūm

Ring

I was thinking for Faye, maybe she has forgoten all of her past life because she was once in a accident and she also has to figure out who she is. is Faye really her name? That kind of stuff

[ August 23, 2002: Message edited by: Faye Took ]
Old 08-21-2002, 12:29 PM   #20
Iaurlachien
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

If we work on it, that would work.

Love,

Rothallė the Black
Old 08-21-2002, 02:28 PM   #21
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Well, since much of the description of my character is unknown, I guess she needs to find out who and what she really is.

As for a main plot, I can't think up an idea right now, but if I ever do I'll let you know.
Old 08-22-2002, 03:36 PM   #22
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hello you lot. I am fasinated by your idea for a good RPG, the others seems very thin and titter out too easily. I would like to add my charchter if I could and then if you don't mind I could add the 1st part of the RPG, if that is okay with you..? Anyways get back to me on that, here is my character-

NAME: Mattius

RACE: Elf buts acts as a Man (see below)

APPEARNCE: Short spikey blonde hair with icy blue eyes. Six foot tall clad in black and dark green. His long sword is 'Angamarth'- Iron Doom in Elvish (his fathers sword, given to him by the Elves of Lorien). He also carries many knives and a medium length bow. Attached to his belt and hidden under his cloak is his adaopted father's great Black Mace.

BIOGRAPHY: Mattius was born in the woods of Lothlorien ten years before the War of the Ring. On his first birthday his parents (names unknown) travelled to Rivendell bearing important news for Elrond from the Lady of the Wood. The two of them decided to take young Mattius along with them to show him to the Elves of Rivendell and in particular Elrond. Upon passing the Misty Mountains they were attacked by a creature of great stregth and darkness. Mattius' mother was killed and although his father battled gallantly he was also slain by the beast. Baby Mattius, however, fell down the mountainside and against all odds survived to be found by a young married couple travelling from Bree to Minas Tirith. Selsfihly they took Mattius with them and brought him up as their own (although seemingly selfish they could bear no child of their own and they took it as fate that this child had been put in their path). Indeed, it was them that named him Mattius. They both saw he was an elf but decided to raise him as a man of Gondor and reveal to him the truth on his 18th birthday. Unfortuantly his adopted parents did not live to see this as, when Mattius was only ten, Sauron unleashed his armies from Mordor upon Minas Tirith. Only ten was Mattius yet he marched to war with his father and his mother, such was the need at the time. Both of his parents were killed in the war yet some elves saw the Elven child in the battlefield and after the war was over they took Mattius to Lorien to discover from Galadreil that he was an elf and his true parents had been killed nine years ago. Up untill his 18th birthday Mattius was ordered to remain in Lorien, never knowing his true elvish name as he never wanted to know it. The elves taught him all he wished to know and on his 18th birthday the elves gave him leave of Lorien and allowed him to live his life as he would. He decided to find out whom killed his true parents and now searches ME in hope of acting out revenge on behalf of his Elvish parents.

[ August 22, 2002: Message edited by: Mattius ]

Old 08-22-2002, 05:29 PM   #23
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

The sun was beginning to sink behind the trees of the un-named forest as Mattius rubbed his chin in thought and worry. The tracks had all but disappeared in the dense woodland and darkness was approaching, fast. Mattius didn’t like tracking the Beast in the darkness, not at all. He loosely felt the hilt of his sword, Angmarth, and took security in it. He noticed something on the floor, something small but helpful to him, a small piece of broken flint. He crouched down and took a closer look at it. I seemed Dwarvish in fashion. ‘Strange…’ he thought to himself but his thoughts were cut off when he heard screams coming from the thicket some five hundred yards away. He sprinted forward, not heeding the cuts he was receiving from the branches either side of him. As he got closer to the sounds he realised that the screams were that of a child and probably a small girl at that. At last he burst out into the opening unsheathing Angmarth and caught the glimpse of the Black Beast sprinting back into the forest away from him. Quick as a flash he began to run after the shadow but he was stopped in his tracks by the whining of someone on the ground. He turned around to see the small figure hunched up against a tree. Caught in two minds he quickly sheathed his sword and bent down to the tree. Now he could see that the little girl that he thought had been attacked was in fact a young female Hobbit!
“Are you okay?” Mattius asked sternly. The young hobbit moaned and mumbled ‘yes’ to him, eventually.
“Stay here, I will be back soon. Don’t move.” With that Mattius leapt into the woods the way the Beast had taken.

After around thirty minutes Mattius returned to the opening to find the hobbit still sat up against the tree. She looked up and her blonde hair trailed down her face. Mattius helped lift her to her feet.
“You’re a tough little hobbit and no doubt. Perchance you would tell me why you are out here in the un-named woods and how it came about that you were attacked by that Thing that I hunt.”

Old 08-23-2002, 02:52 PM   #24
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

Interesting beginning what do the others think, go with this? add to this? try something else? I'll fit in wherever you wish, go nieri an blothar leat (because I can't speak elvish, gaelic will have to do).
Old 08-23-2002, 03:23 PM   #25
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Hmm... sad but true, I can't think of any plot line that is not quest-related. I'll have to think about this some more.
The Orcs-attack-questers plot I think is way overused here, so let's not have that... but I do like the idea of all the characters' internal conflicts coming together in one journey to find out the unknown about themselves... this could go places without really going places, if you know what I mean. And I like Mattuis's beginning. So all wrapped up in one package, here's what I think would work:
All of the characters somehow come together in the area described by Iaurlachien. Finding that some of us have empty holes in our lives (like Faye and Brinn with no past and me wallowing in grief at my companions' demise), we help each other in trying to mend them by searching for clues as to what happened in the past that could affect them this way, and we make this up as we go along instead of having it all planned out (we can discuss it of course). It will be difficult to write this, but I'm sure in the end it'll be worth it. How does that sound?

BTW, Brinn- glad you decided to jump on the bandwagon. Welcome to the wonderful world of RPing.
Old 08-23-2002, 07:56 PM   #26
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Why, thank you, Ith! And I'm sure I'll enjoy it too.

I can't think of any plot w/o a quest either. I like Ith's idea of having the plot unplanned, though. Perhaps we could have a several mini quests along with the characters' issues. Unless someone can think of a plot w/o a quest. I'll keep on brainstorming and let you know if I come up with something else.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-04-2007 at 02:43 AM.
Old 08-23-2002, 10:54 PM   #27
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

I of course can't think of any plot. I will go with Mattius. I think this RPG will turn out to be very good! Iaurlachien are you going to make a new RPG for the story?

[ August 24, 2002: Message edited by: Faye Took ]

[ August 24, 2002: Message edited by: Faye Took ]
Old 08-24-2002, 01:41 PM   #28
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

i agree, no quest type thing, just an on-going story. so, is any1 going to add to it then?????

[ August 24, 2002: Message edited by: Mattius ]
Old 08-24-2002, 02:49 PM   #29
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

I believe we should start a new thread for that. This is merely a discussion [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].
Old 08-25-2002, 02:50 AM   #30
Iaurlachien
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

I came up with this, kinda like an unplanned plot.

It was extremely cold in the forest, being winter. The wind was rushing through the trees. Their leaves seemed to sparkle in the soft morning sunlight. It had stopped raining and everything was quiet and peaceful. Through the un-named forest walked a black thing. One that would have come upon the beast could hardly have told what it was, it being as black as the forest itself. It’s fur was shining like polished silver, water dripping from it. Almost cat-like the animal seemed, by watching the way it moved. No-one was usually out at this hour, and the beast knew it. It was looking for something, but did apparently not quite know what, because it was wandering around in no particular direction. It looked about the trees and turned its head up to the sky, day was coming. The night was fading quickly now. The cat sat down to lick the water from it’s paws. Suddenly, a flash, a black flash it seemed. The sound of hooves on the wet soil ground. Then it was gone. Quickly the cat got up from the ground and disappeared behind a big strong oak tree. When coming back into sight, the beholder would not have known what to do or to thing. First one bare foot stepped onto the wet grass, then another. A hand was trying to find a grip through the branches. Then a black figure climbed out of the bushes behind the oak tree. It was a woman, Rothallė was her name, Muirė she was also called. She swung her black hair behind her delicate shoulders. Drops of dew fell off it sparkling like a thousand stars on a clear night. Clad in black she was, wearing a black cloak around her shoulders pinned with a silver brooch that looked like a leaf. Her eyes shone, bright green with spots of yellow. One could say that the sparkles of the brightest sunlight were in her eyes. Then, another black flash came, but she did not appear to be afraid. She cried out in a language unknown to most of the living creatures of her age and only spoken when being with beasts. Out of the thick forest stepped a horse. It was a fierce and noble steed, it was her horse Winter’s Sorrow. Rothallė leaped upon its strong back and grabbed its long beautiful manes, for the horse had no bridle on. “Quick”, she said to the horse, and away it leaped into the breaking daylight, heading South.
Old 08-25-2002, 06:26 AM   #31
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

cool, so do u want to start a new thread soon then cuz i am really wanting to start this now!!
Old 08-25-2002, 08:05 AM   #32
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dūm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Question

May I please join? Here's my character. I have been working on her for a long time.~

Name- Galadel Vinorel (my name means- "Light of the Stars"- named this because my eyes seem to shine like stars, especially when lights are around me, "Morning Star"- named this because I was born on Midsummer's Day, when the Sun rose over the horizon, and also for other reasons which few know.)
Race- Noldor Elf
Lineage- Second Daughter of Lord Celeborn and Lady Galdriel of the Golden Wood
Hair Color- Golden
Eye Color- Crystal Blue
Height- 6"8
Other Names- Palintirel- "Far-Seeing Star"- named this because I have had visions since I was five years old, Phaore- "Heart of Gold"- named this when I was young because I was considered to be very sweet.
Other Features, Etc.- I am as wise and almost as beautiful and powerful as my mother, and I am as strong as my father. I fight with the sword and the bow, though I prefer the sword. I was born in the First Age, and I was five (by the age of the Elves) when Morgoth fell. I fought in the Battle of the Last Alliance as the Commander of the Lothlorien Army of Elves. I can speak most every language. I am the the sister-in-law of Lord Elrond, and the aunt of his children, who I taught how to use the bow and the sword. I ride very well.
Personality- Very calm with a firery temper. She is very effected by the changes in the world (especially the sad ones), and, so, she is often very sad. She is young at heart, though, and she looks and sometimes acts only to be about the age 22. She has a merry laugh that is often heard ringing throught Lothlorien. Though she does not liked to be served by Maidens and such very often, she is indeed very noble, though she does not usually act that way.
Usual Outfit- White dress with silver, red, and gold acccents, and a silver, white or gold cloak. Her hair is either in braids, or is down. She, if she wears them, wears silver or gold shoes.
Traveling Outfit- Green pants and shirt with silver accents, and a green cloak made by her mother that blends in with most every scenery. Her long hair is either in braids or half of her hair is pulled back, with the rest freely flowing. With this outfit she wears Elvish boots.
Sword Name- Ruinel (name means "Flame of the Stars".) The blade is clear, and it was a thread of red (which some say is lava from the fires of Mount Doom) running through the center of it. THe handle is silver with red and gold accents
Horse's Name- Celelith (name means "Silver Star") She is white, with a black tail and mane. On her forhead is a silver birthmark in the shape of a star. She is a gift from King Theoden to me, for she is the daughter of Shadowfax. She is very fast, and knows all the lands of Rohan and Lothlorien by heart.
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Old 08-25-2002, 11:20 AM   #33
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

yea she sounds like a cool charachter, have a look at mine (Mattius) a few replies above and u can see that he spent some time in lorien so maybe there could b a link in there somewhere.

ANYWAYS.....i have been thinking for the start, the characters could meet up in a place mentioned somewhere b4, in the woods to the very left of Eriador. they could b there 4 different reasons, Mattius tracking the Black Beast, Faye Tooks simply looking for adventure, Rothallė also searching the evil Beast etc etc. from here they could travel middle earth and aid in each other's problems.

only an idea but tell me what you think

matt
Old 08-26-2002, 12:03 PM   #34
Charlee

Sting

sounds kool! listen to him when he ses sumthin he is a clver little boy!

Old 08-26-2002, 02:50 PM   #35
Iaurlachien
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

I think we're off to a great story. The two started plot lines should work perfectly together. I'm also very pleased about the fact that there is no one who chose a character that comes in The lord of the Rings trilogy. That will really help to make a good story. I find also very many links or possible links between the characters a very interesting fact. If we'll work on it, it'll be a great story. Then let's start. I'm going to start a new thread. I'll copy Mattias' story part and mine and put them on the new thread. From there on, type away, please. I'll call the new topic The Blue Mountains. Ok? We'll keep this thread to discuss what is happening in the story, so that we can keep both story and discussion seperated. I hope this will work!

See you guys at the topic The Blue Mountains. And uhm, if anyone has any ideas for a good title, reply here please!

Love,

Rothallė the Black
Old 08-26-2002, 03:33 PM   #36
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

A separate location for discussion and plot development to the story thread sounds a great idea. Better get into Radagast character and join you. (Wormtongue for later!)
Old 08-28-2002, 10:59 AM   #37
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

we still need a hobbit character to fit in with my story so i am going to add a new thread asking for one

matt
Old 08-28-2002, 02:27 PM   #38
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dūm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Silmaril

Mattius, are you 19 in the Elven age, or are you 19 by human standards, then you would be a very young elf. So, do you want to be friends? Idea!!- Maybe you could have been a guard for Lothlorien for a while, and I met you while wandering the woods, as I love to do. Or, we could have just met near Lothlorien or something? What do you think?

Idea for my character~

I am traveling in the woods in search of the beast to get revenge. A few days before some of elven gaurds of my land and I had gone out to hunt down the beast. The Beast found us first, though. I am the only one who survived the attack, so I know hunt the Beast in anger, seeking revenge. As you can tell I have a very fiery temper. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

What do you all think?

I am trying to join in on the beautiful story that you all have started, but I'm afraid that my attempt will look terrible next your all's masterpieces. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Old 08-28-2002, 02:50 PM   #39
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

No it won't, just think like Tolkien and it'll come to you. We're just trying our best, sometimes it'll work and sometimes it won't - for all of us.
Old 08-29-2002, 03:16 PM   #40
Iaurlachien
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

Keep up the good work ppl. I think everyone is trying very hard to make a good story and that we have succeeded so far.

Matthias, a question for you, does th beast have to be catlike (since Rothallė is also able to turn herself into a cat: Muirė=cat, remember. In my first post on the blue mountains she dissapears behing a tree as a cat, to come back in her sorcerers form)
I suggest the beast should not be catlike, or be catlike and people will get confused whether it is something evil or Rothallė in the form of a cat hunting the forests. That would create mixed feelings about Rothallė in the forest and village (Hillfoot, just outside the forest).

Let me know what you guys think of these ideas,

Love,

Rothallė the Black/Iaurlachien