Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2003, 11:00 AM   #361
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Naramarth has been dispatched. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm going to write a final post for all the tribesmen.

By my count, and as was agreed on (at least for the Baobab) there are now 16 of them dead - Ismat, Faruq, Jamílah, Husam + 12 unnamed fighters. Leaving 13 of 29 Baobab left.

Bemah's 9 are intact, but he has only six of his dogs left.

For the Painted Sands' tally: (There are less dead, proportionately, since they are primarily horsed warriors and have the advantage over those on foot.) Still, Ishak, Ashem, and Yusef are dead, and say fifteen other of their warriors. Leaving them with 18 dead and 27 of 45 Painted Sands tribesmen left.

40 combined tribesmen still live
+ 9 farmers and 6 dogs.

Anyone care to do the stats for the other side?
Old 08-25-2003, 06:51 PM   #362
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Army of the Eye death toll: 12 village warriors, 8 crew, Sevora, Naramath, Rahvin, Essenia, Damodred, Sammael, Thorgom and Ghurdan.

so that leaves:

1 priestess - Dristi
8 village warriors
6 crew
And Zasfal.

Aylwen can you do the death toll for the Converts?

---------------------------------------------
Zasfal Pulls Back the Remaining Troops

Zasfal pulled his sword for his last victim and turned to meet the next, but this last fight had taken him away from the main battle and from where he stood he could see that this battle was lost. The only Leader he could see was the priestess Dristi, her blood lust driving her.

As Zasfal made his way through the mass of bodies he stumbled and came face to face with the lifeless body of his captain. His eye's fell on the red hilt of Ghurdan's sword "Take what is rightfully yours" echoed a cold voice in his head, Zasfal hesitated. "You have proved yourself this day, lead and they will follow!" the voice urged him. He slowly gripped the hilt of the large broadsword, it strangely felt right in his hands he swung it left then right. "Yes, this is my destiny" he grinned.

He then made his way to Dristi, wielding the sea captains sword. "We must fall back!" he shouted to her above the clashing of swords. She didn't look pleased but agreed with his assessment. "Fall back! Fall back!" he cried. Grimly the men and what was left of the youngsters fell back with their dead and wounded to the western end of the valley.

Once sure the Infidels did not follow, they tended their wounded and set up pyres for the dead, "Oh! great Eye these warrior's have served thee faithfully and to honour them we sacrifice their bodies that they may join with you in the Great Abyss" Dristi prayed nodding her head for them to light the pyres.

As the men and children broke away, Zasfal remained and watched the flames as they burned against the cold night sky. He heard someone come up behind him, "we are moving out at once, I wish to return to the Citadel as soon as possible" Dristi's cold voice whispered beside him. He afforded her a short bow and went to make the men ready. Within half an hour they where slowly moving across the darkness of the desert, there heads hung heavily at their defeat. Zasfal grimly hoped that what they brought back was enough not to incur the wrath of the citadel.

Pio can this post go in the save dated August 25, 2003 07:30 am.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:49 AM   #363
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

I have started to write the final post, when I have the numbers for the amount of converts left I will post it.

[ August 26, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 08-26-2003, 03:27 AM   #364
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Narisa, Nasir, Tajir, and Rijal (he wasn't mentioned being killed, but I think we planned to have him die anyway?) plus maybe 20-25 unnamed young died.

This leaves:

Jasara,
Khasia,
Najah,
Uri,
+ 10 or so young.

Sorry it took me so long!

-Aylwen
Old 08-26-2003, 03:36 AM   #365
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Nerindel

Your post is placed.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:45 AM   #366
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Thanks Pio [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

oooh it was close, those remaining:

Army of the Eye: 30
Tribesmen:49 plus 6 dogs [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] that looks just about right to me [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

It's been great posting with you guy's and I'm looking forwards to seeing Arien's last post [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2003, 04:19 AM   #367
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
The Eye

Ah the last post is done [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]....*sniif* [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ...and is up. This has been a great RPG and I am glad I had such good writers to work with, you were all amazing. Thanks.....

Arien
Old 08-26-2003, 08:38 AM   #368
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

The last post it...up? *sobs*

Well, it's been a great game, though I think I need lessons on how to run RPGs. You guys were wonderful! So patient and you weren't ever mean to me, even though you had right to be! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But, besides that, you are all too good of writers!

All good things must come to an end...this was a good thing, right?

Thanks again!

-Durelin [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2003, 11:11 AM   #369
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It was a great game! Sorry I disappeared right at the crucial moment & missed the end of the game, but life is conspiring against me right now.
Thanks for letting me take part! I really enjoyed it.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:02 PM   #370
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

I have to say, I abolutely loved writing in this game! Thanks to all of you!!

Ealasaid will be filling in the SAVE I left for her - the killing of Ghurdan.

Aylwen - there is still one wrap-up post space left on the game. Do you want to write something for the youngsters, or just leave the mention of your group in Arien's last post as enough?

If you do want something placed - just put it here on the discussion thread and I'll do that for you.

As I mentioned earlier, I would like to do one last post, an Epilog for the tribesmen, and follow-up on Jamílah's predictions when she cast the bones. It should be on board by late tonight. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Again, let me say what a pleasure it was writing with all of you, and I hope we can do so once again!

~~ Pio
Old 08-27-2003, 10:18 AM   #371
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

The Epilog is up.

I'll move the game to Elvenhome this coming Sunday night, along with the Discussion Thread.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:25 AM   #372
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Ahmad kills Ghurdan

Riding among the mounted warriors of the Painted Sands, Ahmad spurred his horse forward with the first charge. The endless waiting had finally come to an end, he thought, as the blade of his sword connected with the first of the warriors of the eye. He brought his blade down in a fierce slash against the man’s collar bone, withdrew it, and ran the man through. He fell in a heap on the ground. Scarcely even glancing at the fallen man, Ahmad turned his horse to face his next foe.

For a while he could see Adhem fighting somewhere off to his right, but, after a time, lost sight of him. Somewhere to his left, Husam fought alongside the group of Baobab spearmen. Ahmad had seen him before the fighting started and, remembering his promise to Qirfah, now worked his way in that direction. He made slow progress as the warriors of the eye ceded no ground without first sacrificing life or limb. He had just caught sight of Husam engaged in fighting a Baobab girl -- was it Jasara? -- when he was clubbed hard from behind and knocked from his horse. Ahmad landed heavily on his left shoulder, but was able to roll with the momentum and regain his feet as the other warrior advanced.

The warrior raised his sword to drop a crushing blow that would have severed Ahmad’s sword arm, except that Ahmad was able to parry it with his sword. He then made a sharp feint to the right and moved in, smashing the pommel of his sword into the man’s nose. There was a sharp crack as the bones shattered in the warrior’s face. Blood spurted from the cavity where his nose had been, blinding the man. Ahmad finished him with a single thrust of his sword. Turning his attention back toward Husam, Ahmad saw that the girl had disappeared and been replaced by the scarred warrior he had seen earlier among the priestess’ envoy. Ghurdan, he was called. Jerking his sword free of the warrior he just dispatched, Ahmad leaped to Husam’s aid.

“For the eye!” growled the scarred warrior, raising his sword to administer the final blow to Husam. Ahmad’s blade intercepted the blow inches before it met its mark.

“Not so fast,” he growled in return. The two of them squared off, circling each other, swords at the ready. The scarred warrior smiled.

“Come on, boy,” Ghurdan taunted Ahmad. He lowered his blade slightly. “You dare to run up against me? You’ll shatter like glass against a stone.”

“Will I?” answered Ahmad. Testing his opponent, he made a quick feint with his blade. Ghurdan’s sword answered it with lightning quickness. Ahmad knew then that he would have to fight his best against this man. Anything less would mean his death. He made slash toward Ghurdan’s right side, which Ghurdan parried and followed with a thrust at Ahmad’s thigh. Ahmad dodged, knocking the blow aside with his sword as it passed. His left hand, which had been holding his reins, felt for the dagger he wore at his waist. Finding it, he and Ghurdan circled each other once more.

Again, Ghurdan smiled. This time, he beckoned to Ahmad with his left hand. Seizing the opportunity, Ahmad leaped forward, his sword raised. Ghurdan blocked the blow with his sword, and, for an instant, their hand guards locked and they stood nearly nose to nose. Sneering, Ghurdan drew his fist back to strike, but he had not seen the dagger in Ahmad’s left hand. He never saw it as Ahmad drove it deep at an upward angle under his ribcage into his heart. Ghurdan’s dark eyes glazed over, and his limp body dropped to the earth.

Disengaging himself from Ghurdan’s body, Ahmad ran to where Husam lay, bloody and still on the ground, yet still breathing. Ahmad bent over him, his eyes taking in the extent of the other man’s wounds. Blood poured from a stab in Husam’s left side. Taking off his head shawl, Ahmad pressed it to the wound in an attempt to staunch the bleeding.

“Is he dead?” whispered Husam.

“The scarred warrior? Yes, I got him for you.”

“Good.” Husam tried to smile, but his breath caught in his throat, changing the smile to a grimace, as a fresh wave of pain took him. Ahmad lifted him against his shoulder, still pressing the head shawl to the wound in Husam’s side.

“Ahmad, is it?” Husam asked after the pain had passed.

“Yes.”

“You know my wife, then.”

Ahmad nodded, a sudden dread entering his heart. “Yes, I know her.”

Husam raised his blood-caked hand and gripped Ahmad’s hand in his. “Take care of her for me. I know I am not long for this world. Go back. See that she knows I thought of her at the last. See that she wants for nothing.”

Gravely, Ahmad nodded again. He remembered another promise, the one he had made to Qirfah. As hard as he had tried, he had not managed to keep it. “I will,” he said grimly, giving Husam‘s hand a squeeze. “She shall want for nothing.”

Husam nodded, satisfied, and closed his eyes. “Tell her I love her.”

“It is done,” Ahmad reassured him, but it was too late. Husam’s grip on his hand had gone limp. He breathed no more. Ahmad laid Husam’s head back on the ground and with his fingertips, lowered his eyelids over the now sightless eyes. Finally, he laid Husam’s hands upon his chest and rose to go. The fighting still raged around him. There was no time to grieve or make his peace with the man’s memory. That would have to come later.

Nodding once to Nasr, who had caught his eye through an opening in the battle, Ahmad picked up his sword and returned to the fray.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:51 AM   #373
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Ealasaid - your post is on board!
Old 08-27-2003, 02:20 PM   #374
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Thanks! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2003, 04:09 PM   #375
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Great post Ealasaid [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2003, 10:07 PM   #376
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Wow, great game, great posts everyone, thanks Aylwen for carrying Khasia for me. I apologize for losing internet access at such a crucial time. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 08-29-2003, 04:45 PM   #377
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm glad I got back in time to say goodbye to everyone on this thread. I feel priveliged to have been part of such a great game and I'm disappointed and sorry that I missed the end. Thank you for "taking care" of my characters for me, I just wish I could have been here to do it- but you were great! Durelin, that's how I would have thought of Sammael feeling when facing a woman, thanks. And I'm glad Ahmad got his love story in the end...
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 08-30-2003, 10:51 PM   #378
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

I was just a cameo, but I have to say that it was an honor to play even such a small role in such a great game. You were all awesome, and I hope to play with some of you again sometime.

Thank you once again for letting me have a part in this, however small.