The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2006, 02:09 PM   #161
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Valier has been careful too, and so has Kath.
I wouldn't be over-worried about those two. IAccording my lorebook they're always careful.

I'm going now! Have a good night and Night!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:14 PM   #162
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
After my last one, I think I have to update the vote...

Nilp --> Nogrod
Lhuna --> Eomer
Gurthang --> Thinlomien
Diamond --> Loki
Eonwe --> Nilp
Cailin --> Oddwen
Morm --> Kath
Naria --> Nogrod
Thinlomien --> Nogrod
Alcarillo --> Spm

Making a tally of:
Nogrod 3
others 1 / each (Eomer, Thinlomien, Loki, Nilp, Oddwen, Kath, Spm)

Great!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:21 PM   #163
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I don't know how to handle this, but Lommy voted for me twice. Should these both votes be counted?

She seems to be very happy to get rid of me - as is Eomer - coming out of the bush and happily voting for me with no good reasons. If you kill me tonight, look very carefully to those two...

I'll be around for awhile, looking for the culprits... maybe we have some chances to find out the ones?
*just so sad - but trying anyways*
Old 05-13-2006, 02:22 PM   #164
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Actually, my tally is different:
1. Nilp --> Nogrod (Nogrod 1)
2. Lhuna --> Eomer (Nogrod 1, Eomer 1)
3. Gurthang --> Lommy (Nogrod 1, Eomer 1, Lommy 1)
4. Diamond --> Loki (Nogrod 1, Eomer 1, Lommy 1, Loki 1)
5. Eonwe --> Nilp (Nogrod 1, Eomer 1, Lommy 1, Loki 1, Nilp 1)
6. Cailín --> Oddwen (Nogrod 1, Eomer 1, Lommy 1, Loki 1, Nilp 1, Oddwen 1)
7. Caran --> Loki (Nogrod 1, Eomer 1, Lommy 1, Loki 2, Nilp 1, Oddwen 1)
8. Jenny --> SPM (Nogrod 1, Eomer 1, Lommy 1, Loki 2, Nilp 1, Oddwen 1, SPM 1)
9. Morm --> Kath (Nogrod 1, Eomer 1, Lommy 1, Loki 2, Nilp 1, Oddwen 1, SPM 1, Kath 1)
10. Naria --> Nogrod (Nogrod 2, Eomer 1, Lommy 1, Loki 2, Nilp 1, Oddwen 1, SPM 1, Kath 1)
11. Eomer --> Nogrod (Nogrod 3, Eomer 1, Lommy 1, Loki 2, Nilp 1, Oddwen 1, SPM 1, Kath 1)
12. Lommy --> Nogrod (Nogrod 4, Eomer 1, Lommy 1, Loki 2, Nilp 1, Oddwen 1, SPM 1, Kath 1)
13. Alcarillo --> SPM (Nogrod 4, Eomer 1, Lommy 1, Loki 2, Nilp 1, Oddwen 1, SPM 2, Kath 1)

Can someone recheck? I'm falling behind on my analysis and might have to limit it even more than I already am, if I manage to finish at all...
Old 05-13-2006, 02:22 PM   #165
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
You missed me, Nogrod. I have also voted for SPM...now I am really off...toodles, everyone...(come on, Fufu)
Old 05-13-2006, 02:23 PM   #166
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

You may be right Celuien. Just have to check that one... I'm not calling my version the right one. Let's see it.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:26 PM   #167
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Right, I'm going to have to go now which means a vote.

++LOMMY

She is far too eager to kill off Nogrod, with very shoddy reasoning. The double vote isn't suspicious, her computer was probably playing up, but her glee at the idea of bumping Nogrod off is. Plus, he isn't even her real suspect!
Old 05-13-2006, 02:26 PM   #168
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

The important part of this is here:

Nogrod 4
Loki 2
SPM 2
Lommy 2
Eomer, , Nilp, Oddwen, Kath 1

EDIT: updated with Kath's vote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:26 PM   #169
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Okay, thanks.

By the way, my gut feeling is that Nogrod is innocent. Analysis to follow...

EDIT: Crossed with Nogrod and Kath.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:32 PM   #170
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
++LOKI

Because I have two conflicting opinions and I don't like either of them.

Either he's a newbie and is going to get himself hurt or he's too smart for his own good and is manipulating us. That and I've got nobody better to attack right now.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:33 PM   #171
Loki
Animated Skeleton

Loki has just left Hobbiton.
My apologies of the late-ish post, but I've been quite busy all day. Breezed through the posts real quick, much suprised by everyone's reactions. Mostly that no one had considered that, in fact, I was telling the truth. No one had considered that my defensiveness is a matter of a far more personal nature, and I came into the game dead-set of simply playing to my personality. No one considered that I was operating solely on instinct.

Honestly, I'm doing my best by my best guess. Nogrod was quite anxious to see me gone, as was Diamond. Those are my two best approximations of everything. There's more data, but I am of little time at the computer. I'll post a more thorough report later, so look for it.

++Nogrod

Always judge a book by it's cover.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:39 PM   #172
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Well, I had no time to act before Loki made his move...

Just look closely what he is doing the next days. That's a really a nice pick from the EW, and Loki - and I must admit, you play well... nastily, but effectively.

++ Loki

After my vote...

Nogrod 5
Loki 4
SPM 2
Lommy 2
Eomer, , Nilp, Oddwen, Kath 1
Old 05-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #173
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Honestly, I'm doing my best by my best guess. Nogrod was quite anxious to see me gone, as was Diamond. Those are my two best approximations of everything. There's more data, but I am of little time at the computer. I'll post a more thorough report later, so look for it.
How convenient...
Old 05-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #174
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hello, everyone! I finally made it. Alright, I've only managed a quick skim, and I'd like to make a comment concerning Loki.

Loki seems to be a fairly competent person. Perhaps he is new to werewolf, and doesn't fully understand why defending himself was suspicious, but he's intelligent- that much is obvious. As a wolf he would know not to point out that he would be picked. I think those thatsuspect him highly under estimate his competence.

Not only that, but people seem to have missed one ibvious factor of the EW's choices. The EW would want to pick people who wouldn't be likely choicces of the GW. This way, he/she/it keeps the werewolf count high, and avoids being discovered longer. For these reasons, I think Loki's claim is a likely one.

Now, I have to go back through and read everything else, but I'll return afterwards with my vote.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:48 PM   #175
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Kath! I can't believe you would attack my sibling like that! I'm astonished!!

Anyway, I have little time so I must vote and it shall be for

++Oddwen

Like I said, her no vote is rather worrying and not like Oddwen. I am off. Good night.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:51 PM   #176
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Goodness me. Five whole pages. I've had a day of the most tiresome and entirely unfrivolous chores, and now this. What a village.

I find the thought of having had such numerous attentions in the Night as master Eomer suggests, quite delightful. But alas, my night passed in a most boring, uneventful way.
But here's one thing I would do if I were Evil Wizard - something that hasn't occurred, it seems, to any of you.

Day One, usually, is a nightmare to live through but it is useful in retrospect, to analyse voting patterns. Not so this time - as the wolves have no more idea of anything than the rest of us.
The only person who knows who the wolves are, is the EW. S/he is therefore the only person to leave a voting trail. So what better, on the first night, than to create cannon fodder?
I mean, create a wolf for no other reason than to play a vital role in getting him lynched, and thereby devolve suspicion from yourself. Maybe not today, but soon.
Oh, and if I were GW, I would be looking, on the first night, not to find the EW but to clone myself - that is, to get myself a Seer.
So I think that the changed wolf was someone who would also make a good Seer. S/he is also someone who is currently innocent - would the EW curse them again tomorrow for safety's sake?

I will now go back to read the no doubt umpteen crossposts that have been made while I was writing this, and then go back and vote.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:55 PM   #177
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Just got back.

I'm now confused over time-zones. Can someone tell me if I have 5 minutes to vote or 1 hour and 5 minutes please?
Old 05-13-2006, 02:56 PM   #178
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Yes, I'd like to know too.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:58 PM   #179
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I believe there is one hour left.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:58 PM   #180
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Oh dear *throws up hands in frivolous way*

I can't take the risk of it being (now) two minutes rather than one hour 2 mins, so here goes.
++LOKI

Because that fits in with my cannon fodder theory.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:59 PM   #181
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Limited to Loki, Nogrod and Lommy, as analysis seemed urgent for them.

Loki: 8: Implies that he was chosen and transformed by both the good and evil wizards. An “I told you so” about rules.

12: Irritable comments to Nogrod about cafes, rules, silly games and dinner.

23: More irritability. Says he will get insufferable and retaliatory. Says that he has insight, evidence for not being a wolf, and that being new does little to condemn him.

Impression: Irritability irritates me. I still don’t think that he was the one transformed and retransformed, though I am puzzled as to why he would lie. That is where my theory of his being deliberately confusing comes from. But, to play the opposite viewpoint, it is possible that he was chosen by the EW because he was a newcomer. It is less likely, however, that the GW would have chosen a controversial unknown to become a gifted. For that reason, I will continue to disbelieve his claim for the present, and file it under possibilities for later consideration. I’ve already explained why I’m unlikely to vote for him today. I will be watching him.

Nogrod: 9: Questions Loki for grumbling about wolves before poor Elempi’s death was discovered (read: posting before day officially started) and for his statements about scrying.

20: More with Loki regarding manners and the “I told so you” remark. 24 is more of the same.

99: Agrees with Phantom, says prominent players are risky EW picks early, but assets later, is scared those who haven’t posted or haven’t post significantly.

122: Asks Lommy if her wolvishness is so hard to bear.

160: Frustration at being at the top of suspicion for so many. Points out non-posters. Seems troubled by Morm, Loki and Nilp. Says Valier and Kath are being careful. Vote tally.

162: Vote tally.

163: Suggests looking at Lommy and Eomer for their eagerness to vote for him.

Impression: I don’t find any reason to suspect him, really, and it seems like most of the votes for him are based on the idea that he might be a good EW pick rather than what he’s done…

Lommy: 67: Reminder that the wizards choose their allies, lists Roa, Gurthang, Diamond, Nogrod, Kath, Lhuna, Kitanna, Caílin and Lalaith as potential EW selections. Wants to find the EW, but suggests not focusing all efforts on that endeavor. Says wolves will be hard to find because they don’t know each other.

75: Says not to vote preventively to eliminate likely EW picks, says we should look at actions instead – wizard strategy is hard to predict and we might be misled by attempts to figure it out.

82: Response to Fea, where she says she doesn’t discard looking for the EW, but prefers looking at people’s actions. Fears the EW is laughing at village confusion, wonders who wouldn’t be nervous in this game.

91: Says to Glirdan that it’s dangerous to go by personalities and that werewolf is always dangerous, sticks by earlier comments, asks Fea if she’s has any EW theories.

102: Says phantom and Nogrod make sense, but that they aren’t excused from suspicion.

112: Doesn’t like non-voters. Thinks Oddwen is suspicious.

121: Thinks Nogrod is overheated about time zone confusion (omitted from above analysis as not relevant to wolf identification).

125: Wonders where Sleepy and Roa are.

129: Thinks Lhuna, Loki and Alcarillo look suspicious. Is beginning to be concerned about her daddy and momma.

131: Doesn’t recommend voting for someone because s/he already has a vote. Still advocates Loki, Oddwen, Lhuna or Alca.

136: Wants to hear more from Loki.

140: Now wants to watch Nogrod based on points from Naria.

148: Agrees with Eomer that Nogrod would be a good first scry for the EW.

153: Says Nogrod isn’t himself.

158: Votes Nogrod, saying Lhuna makes sense and there isn’t enough against Alca. (What happened to suspicion of Loki/Oddwen???) Hopes we won’t lynch SPM.

161: Says it’s normal for Valier and Kath to be careful.

Impression: Well, I agree that SPM should not be lynched. Shame on you, sister Jenny! Some of what she says makes sense, but her sudden switch to voting for Nogrod is sending off red flags when she still had at least two other suspects that she seemed to have more doubts about than him. She would also be a good EW pick as someon who is clever, but seeming able to hide from suspicion.

And I’m afraid that’s all I can fit in before running out of time.

++ LOMMY

For reasons cited above.

EDIT: crossed with a lot of people.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:59 PM   #182
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
I don't recommend anyone vote for someone only because s/he has already been voted for. There isn't anything that makes the this far voted ones any more suspicious than anyone else. On the other hand, my ww lorebook agrees with yours.
Quote:
Actually, six which is a fift of the Village. Hide where? Among those who vote or those who receive votes? Right now when the Wolves don't know each other, they're just concerned about their own lives as is everyone else in this Village. Therefore I'm afraid that the votes will tell very little of possible culprits. So, if there is someone that you find more suspicious than others based on a gut feeling or whatever, why not vote for him/her?
You were right, it was six. I misread Caran's way of posting votes. But all I was trying to say was that I have in my lorebooks examples of when Day 2 comes around and there is absolutely nothing to see in the voting because about 80% of the village received a vote. That's rather frustrating. I'm not saying vote for them because they're on that list. I'm just trying to say let's think and not vote all pell-mell.

I would ask that people give names and not just "my father" or "my sister." I have a hard enough time keeping my own family straight, much less everyone else's. Just instead of my sister, say "my sister Lhuna" or something like that. For everyone's sanity.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #183
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye more blah-blahing from me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
The other thing is that, with the exception of the couple of individuals that the GW scries, s/he is not actually going to know a whole lot more about the status of individual players than the rest of the innocents, which makes me a little leary of just letting the GW lead the charge.
You are 100% right that the GW, at first, won't know much more than a common villager. The advantage to him coming forward soon isn't that he'll know who to lynch- it's that he'll know who not to lynch.

He can put forward two or three safe candidates and allow the village to debate about which one to lynch. The following day, he can reuse one of the previous day's candidates and run a second candidate against him. If the GW gave us too large a lynch list or used too many different people, the Wolves and EW would soon be able to figure out who the gifteds were, which is a bad thing. Because of that, the GW would keep the lynch list very short and not throw on too many different names. Of course, that would pretty much guarantee that the EW would not curse someone from the lynch list, but at the same time the GW won't be scrying them either, making it slightly more likely that he'd scry the same villager as the EW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
The lorebook doesn't have much information(for me) about the phantom so I can't really say how he normally acts, but I find his decisive and firm belief in how the EW and the GW are/would play to be rather disturbing.
That's what I'm always like, Naria. I put myself in the shoes of whoever I'm trying to predict, figure out what the most logical course of action for them is, and then I say it (and I often say it quite decisively).

As you can imagine, the ones who fool me the most are those who don't play the percentages and don't behave logically. However, doing things like that often gets them killed, so really I don't mind my opponents fooling me because they are usually killed for their disregard for rational playing techniques.
Quote:
I'm not saying that I don't agree with his points(I do)
Glad to hear it.
Quote:
but how can someone be so sure
Because.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
which is why I wonder if the EW would risk exposure by openly defending a transformed villagers
Who knows? There's no need to take a risk when the EW can just create another wolf at night, but then again- if the EW makes a strong defense of a wolf and then it is found out that the person was indeed a wolf through lynching, many people might think- "Um, I don't think the EW would've been defending that wolf so heavily, it's not worth the risk, therefore so-and-so probably isn't the EW."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caran
Knowing the identity of the GW will also help the EW's team. They'll scour the GW's posts for clues as to the identities of the gifteds
I don't think so.

Only a fool of a Good Wizard would allow his posts to point to his gifteds. As I said earlier, the strategy of the revealed GW would not be to defend the known innocent, but to lynch the known wolves (or, at the worst, lynch innocents that he doesn't know are innocents).

The GW would put forward his lynch candidates, and any member of the village who tried really hard to put forth someone of their own choosing would get a response from the GW such as "That person isn't on my list. Shut up."

Attacking people not on the GW's approved lynch list is the same thing as an attempt to get the GW to defend someone, thus revealing to the EW and the Wolves a gifted villager.

Now, that isn't to say everyone can't give their suspicions. Naturally, the GW and Seer will read what everyone has to say and take all opinions into consideration for the nightly scry/dream, but being allowed to state opinions and refusing the leadership of the GW are two completely different things.

The GW and his gifteds are our salvation. Once he is revealed, it will be in our best interest not to argue with him or his lists, because he knows more than a common villager. Should we give our opinions? Certainly! He will use them in helping him decide which individuals to scry and move onto the lynch list, but we shouldn't demand that he change his list or anything. Disobeying him might lead to the accidental discovery of gifteds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Day One, usually, is a nightmare to live through but it is useful in retrospect, to analyse voting patterns. Not so this time - as the wolves have no more idea of anything than the rest of us.
The only person who knows who the wolves are, is the EW. S/he is therefore the only person to leave a voting trail. So what better, on the first night, than to create cannon fodder?
I mean, create a wolf for no other reason than to play a vital role in getting him lynched, and thereby devolve suspicion from yourself. Maybe not today, but soon.
Oh, and if I were GW, I would be looking, on the first night, not to find the EW but to clone myself - that is, to get myself a Seer.
So I think that the changed wolf was someone who would also make a good Seer.
Very good stuff, Lalaith.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #184
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Valier is correct. There's about an hour left. My clock says it is 5:01 EDT.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #185
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Just a point. See on what grounds different people have been voting....

Nilp for me: out of the hat - you all know this
Naria: she's worried about me and wants to check it. So easy to say wanting to check other people...
Eomer: just 4 minutes after Naria, with no reason at all!
Thinlomien; voting for me twice, with no better reasons- but seeing that I was getting killed.
Loki: taking his chances - I won't blame him for that: reasonable vote - for a newbie...

EDIT: X-posted with lots of stuff...
Old 05-13-2006, 03:04 PM   #186
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Phantomness
Who knows? There's no need to take a risk when the EW can just create another wolf at night, but then again- if the EW makes a strong defense of a wolf and then it is found out that the person was indeed a wolf through lynching, many people might think- "Um, I don't think the EW would've been defending that wolf so heavily, it's not worth the risk, therefore so-and-so probably isn't the EW."
That's true, but I think that there are less suspicion raising and simpler ways to make a good defense against wizardry. Unless the EW is a very bold, very brash sort, of course.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:09 PM   #187
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Okay, some thoughts.

I can see an innocent Lhuna saying those things that she said toDay. I can also see a wolvish Lhuna acting that way, but I need to take a look at other Villagers, too, before I decide anything.

About Nogrod, I haven't had the chance to get to know him well so I have to trust other people's word on this which I hate doing since I can't know if they're on the Evil side or not. However, I, too, had the impression that he's usually more vocal and in the center of events. If he's been busy as he says, it explains quite a lot, though.

Sauce, for one, isn't acting like I would have expected. It's mostly just a feeling, but it's a bad feeling, mind you. I've heard that he has a habit of looking things from different angles, but he seems surprisingly confident that his theory about the possible EW is right. Still, he makes some points that I agree with, and my consolation is that I believe that once we get our Seer, they'll find out his true nature.

Loki seems to be in calmer mood than earlier and I find that kind of soothing although that's what any Wolf would do under suspicion.

I predict that I'm cross-posting with about everyone in this Village, and I'll continue gathering my thoughts after I've read all those replies.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:10 PM   #188
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Nogrod, like I said: To my mind, you would be a good pick for the EW. I voted for you out of everyone on my list because you had a vote already, and I wanted to narrow the suspect list down (like Firefoot suggested). In that case, it was you or Oddwen; and because Lommy (a close friend of yours, I believe) had been voicing concerns about you I thought it might be a decent hunch.

I don't see why, if you are innocent, the village should spend their time slaying those who voted for you. Pretty much every single voter is going to be mistaken on Day One!

You fit my criteria; I am not at all eager to see you die. I must vote for someone.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:10 PM   #189
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

OK well today has been a busy one and I have found it hard to keep up...So I will tell you what I think about each person nominated for lynching.

Nogrod: I think he has been a little odd, but I still think he is innocent...as of now anyways...According to my lore book, he tends to be suspected a lot and is often lynched..so I don't think he would make a good baddie in the eyes of the EW.

Loki: It irritates me when people have rash behaviors towards others, and all the I told you so's were unnecessary. The vote for Nogrod suggest an easy vote for someone to prevent his own death, as the majority is for lynching Nogrod.

Lommy: Seems sane enough for now...I tend to agree with her on most things as it is said in the lore books, so I will not vote for her today.

SPM: Now here's one who has pulled shenanigans before....according to lovebooks again, so I find what he says most of the time reasonable, but he is a shifty one I tells ya...

On the others...I have nothing definitive on them yet, as this day has been long..but will look at more closely in days to come..

So I will be voting for either Loki or SPM, both I find equally threatening...I will be back shortly to vote...
Old 05-13-2006, 03:11 PM   #190
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Nogrod – 5 (Nilp 1, Naria 10, Eomer 11, Lommy 12, Loki 16)
Eomer – 1 (Lhuna 2)
Lommy – 4 (Gurthang 3, Kath 14, Celuien 20, Firefoot 21)
Nilp – 1 (Eonwe 5)
Oddwen – 2 Cailin 6, Glirdan 18)
Loki – 5 (Diamond 4, Caran 7, Fea 15, Nogrod 17, Lalaith 19)
SpM – 2 (Jenny 8, Alcarillo 13)
Kath – 1 (Morm 9)

++Lommy

I've had a bad feeling about her that's been growing all Day. She just seems to be objecting to many of the 'wrong' things, and her posts have been standing out to me above most of the others.

Last edited by Firefoot; 05-13-2006 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Nogrod didn't vote for himself...
Old 05-13-2006, 03:14 PM   #191
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I understand the bad feeling about Thinlomien, but in my previous experience, she always gives me a bad feeling.

If I had the choice, I certainly wouldn't curse her because she is one of those villagers good at getting into trouble [read: getting lynched]. That's why I think the EW stayed away from her.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:19 PM   #192
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Just an update on the votes so far...

Loki – 8 (Diamond 4, Caran 7, Fea 15, Nogrod 17, Lalaith 19, Valier 23, Kitanna 24, Zali 25)

Nogrod – 6 (Nilp 1, Naria 10, Eomer 11, Lommy 12, Loki, Roa 27)

Lommy – 4 (Gurthang 3, Kath 14, Celuien 20, Firefoot 21)

SpM – 2 (Jenny 8, Alcarillo 13)
Oddwen – 2 (Cailin 6, Glirdan 18)

Eomer – 1 (Lhuna 2)
Nilp – 1 (Eonwe 5)
Kath – 1 (Morm 9)
Alcarillo - 1 (Spm 22)
Lhuna -1 (Spawn 26)

EDIT: As I say it later on the thread, this is a wrong one being here: I mishappily edited this one as I should have quoted it. Not the first time I've done that. *shame*

Last edited by Nogrod; 05-14-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:25 PM   #193
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

I have only had a chance to briefly scan recent posts and my other wife (the real Mrs Saucepan) is clamouring for my attention.

Suffice it to say that the speculation about the time that I have to keep up with a game such as this is well wide of the mark.

Sticking with my list:

+ + ALCARILLO

Not because he voted for me, but because he would have been one of my Night 1 picks for a Wolf, were I the Evil Wizard.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:33 PM   #194
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well I will not be able to read all that has happened over again before the deadline I must go with my gut...Rightness overrules rudness...I agree with SPM again on his last post, I as well have Alcarillo on my "would pick" list, and will be keeping my eyes on him tomorrow, but today I will go with my sister Fea on this one and vote for the newbie..sorry, but overly abrasive people are no fun to play with!

++Loki

Hope we catch one! Goodnight all, I'm off to fill my belly with bright green vegetables...good for the eyes...keeps you alert!
Old 05-13-2006, 03:35 PM   #195
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, there certainly is a lot to look over and unfortunately I will never get through a thorough reading before voting is closed. I've looked over Nogrod, Lommy, and Loki's posts since those three have the most votes thus far.
I hate bandwagoning, but time constrictions of this day have made it very hard for me to keep up with everything that has gone on, so I'm going to go with the person I voiced suspcions of early today.

++ Loki
As I said earlier today his first few posts gave me an uneasy feeling.
Quote:
I am, obviously, the best pick(And, being newest to the forums) and least suspicious of the group. Chances are good that I would not have been considered to be anything evil and wrong... just yet
That comment is really what has me worried the most. I just feel like he's trying to lead us to completely believe that since he is new there is no why he's the one we're looking for.

cross-posted with Valier
Old 05-13-2006, 03:35 PM   #196
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

I think that finding the evil wizard is the most important thing to do, but we have so little to go on.

That said, I am going to vote

++Loki

because his behavior is, perhaps intentionally, confusing. His state of being as a newbie has no relation to this vote. His irritibility and aggression, and sudden shift of mood is worrisome. If this is an act, to what purpose does it serve? My instincts say he's not the evil wizard, but he's gathered the most suspicion of anyone from me today. I don't like that he and a few other people have turned into bandwaggons, since if they turn out innocent, the first people to fall under suspicion are those who hopped on board. However, I have genuine suspicion and worry about him, and I'm not making this vote just as an act of, "oh, hey. Everyone else is voting, so he must be bad".

I'm sorry if this looks rushed, as I have to be somewhere in a couple of minutes. Apologies about my level of participation toDay. I hope to be on more frequently toMorrow.

EDIT: Cross-posted with Kitanna and Valier

Last edited by Azaelia of Willowbottom; 05-13-2006 at 03:36 PM. Reason: crossposting
Azaelia of Willowbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:36 PM   #197
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
Sticking with my list:

+ + ALCARILLO

Not because he voted for me, but because he would have been one of my Night 1 picks for a Wolf, were I the Evil Wizard.
Your earlier list-
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
Azaelia, Oddwen, Alcarillo, Roa, Diamond or Gurthang
I don't think I've commented on it, so I will now.

Your picks are similar to mine. If I was the EW, I would've picked Diamond, Celuien, and Azaelia to be my wolves, and two of those three are on your short list.

And, after thinking about it, despite the risks that others are inclined to point out, I would've considered Loki as well, either because of his "newbie" status (hoping people will leave him alive for a while), or to use as "cannon-fodder", as Lalaith suggested.

But, on the issue of his claim of being the person who was cursed and then uncursed- if I was the GW I would not have picked him, so I'm not sure what to think.

Of course, the fact that I wouldn't have picked him doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't have. I can think of two, possibly three people who I would suspect might pick Loki as the Seer, so he could very well be telling the truth.

Oh, and thanks to those of you who are keeping a running vote tally. It's helpful.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:38 PM   #198
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
Sorry my child, I have not voted for myself...
Wow.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:40 PM   #199
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
I need to go to sleep, but I find choosing the receiver of my vote quite problematic. ToDay's voting seems to be culminating around Loki, Lommy and Nogrod, but since I haven't been suspecting any of them very seriously, I feel disqualified deciding who of them should die, especially since I don't have time (nor can stay awake) for analysing them myself.

If this looks like a cop-out vote, it most likely is one, too, but I'm sticking with my first suspect of toDay.

++Lhuna

Good Night!

edit: cross-posted a lot.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:41 PM   #200
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm afraid I'm very pressed for time right now. I have done a thorough re-reading of the posts, and I have to say that I do not find Loki suspicious. His style reminds me of Garin, a prominent figure in my werewolf lorebook, who re-appears in village after village. If my reading serves me correctly, Garin was never guilty, but often appeared so because of his abrasive attitude. He died at the hands of a lynch mob everytime. I don't think Loki would be foolish enough to lie about that. Afterall, we know that it happened to someone, and as no one has come forward to refute his claim, I have no reason to doubt him. Honestly, a lie like is far too bold- even for me, and that's saying something.

So, assuming Loki's innocense, I look to those most eager to lynch him. Nogrod has been questioning Loki's claim from the start, never even asking the "true" convert to come forward. Certainly this person has nothing to fear, as the wizards already know who he/she is. I find it odd that Nogrod over looked this. Also, he held off his vote to point when it was clear the mob was set upon Loki- behavior I find far too careful for Nogrod's usual style. That's why I'm going to vote

++Nogrod

I'll be around more on Day 2, I promise. Good night everyone!

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote