The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-07-2009, 07:22 AM   #121
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Danger: Alpha female.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Nah, Anguirel is the honourable founder of the organisation, Mith is the current chair-person and I'm just a bossy type random member.
Anguirel is the original Fenris wolf and he named our order at my behest. There is no committee ergo I am not its chairman. It is far simpler than that.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:46 AM   #122
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Not. You were not lynched on Day One. The fact that noone was is irrelevant. A vote was made.
That's okay. I just wanted to get the opinion of someone who 1). wasn't actually in the game, and 2). who at least had the semblances of authority on the matter.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #123
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It is *searches for appropriate comparison" a err federal matter and so not in a mod's jurisdiction much as I otherwise champion the divine rights of mods.
And I don't have the semblances of authority, I am the authority unless the King should return.....

Don't you just love the "It's my ball and I'm going home now" school of arguments.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #124
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*snickers*

This is almost more fun than the actual game thread.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #125
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
In case I'm alive on next Day (Day6?), don't expect too much participation from me! I'm going to spend the weekend on a friend's (Aganzir's, actually ) summer cottage. I have a laptop and a portable internet, but my portable internet has been working rather erratically for the last week so I'm not sure if it will work, and even if it does, then I can't spend too much time online or my friends will kill me...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #126
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So much internet trouble. I'm not sure if I'll be on much more toDay, but I'll read over the thread and see what I can do in the next few minutes.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #127
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Special Event: Sacrificial Chamber

In case anybody was starting to think that there is too little adrenaline in this game nowadays, here comes the second special event.

You have been all locked in the sacrificial chamber. It is necessary that you sacrifice one of your own to open the door and get out of the place, otherwise you all die here without oxygen. After you get out, though, you will lynch one person as usual. That means technically two "lynches" toDay.

In addition to the normal lynch vote, you get the chance to vote somebody for sacrifice toDay. Each player has one sacrifice vote. The vote is cast similarly to the normal one, but highlighted (you highlight a piece of text by writing [ highlight ]THE TEXT YOU ARE HIGHLIGHTING[ /highlight ] without spaces inside the brackets), like this:

++sacrifice Legate of Amon Lanc

You can choose not to cast your lynch vote for toDay, if you wish, and instead cast only your sacrifice vote (it both counts as if you have voted toDay for the purposes of having to vote). You can even choose to go for no-lynch toDay and only for the sacrifice, by voting thus:

++no lynch

just as if you were voting for a person. If there are more "no lynch" votes in total than lynch votes for any other person, no lynch is going to be made. (But the same cannot be done for sacrifice.)

The votes are in absolutely no relation to each other, i.e. it is like two totally separate lynches going on at the same time, not influencing each other at all. If the same person is voted for both sacrifice and lynch, he/she is going to be sacrificed (sacrifice takes priority) and the second person with the most lynch votes is going to be lynched (it can even be a "no lynch"). If there are lynch votes only for one person (if the voting was unambiguous) and the person is sacrificed first, there will be also no lynch (as there are no other votes).

Otherwise, sacrifice works like a normal "lynch".

EXAMPLE

Frodo, Sam and Gollum are the three last players who have not placed any of their votes on Day 7 yet. Sam has already 1 lynch vote and Gollum has 1 lynch vote, Gollum and Frodo have also 1 sacrifice vote each.

LYNCH: Sam (1), Gollum (1). Left to vote: Frodo, Sam, Gollum.
SACRIFICE: Gollum (1), Frodo (1). Left to vote: Frodo, Sam, Gollum.

Gollum votes to sacrifice Frodo, who has now 2 sacrifice votes, but when it comes to lynching, he does not think Sam is guilty, and he does not want to vote for himself (obviously).So he votes for "no lynch".

LYNCH: Sam (1), Gollum (1), no lynch (1). Left to vote: Frodo, Sam.
SACRIFICE: Frodo (2), Gollum (1). Left to vote: Frodo, Sam.

Frodo is fed up with Gollum, so he votes to lynch him and also to sacrifice him. That puts Gollum in the lead in lynching, but Frodo is still in lead for sacrifice, as he was the first one to achieve the highest number of votes.

LYNCH: Gollum (2), Sam (1), no lynch (1). Left to vote: Sam.
SACRIFICE: Frodo (2), Gollum (2). Left to vote: Sam.

Sam wants to get rid of Gollum, but he does not want to lose Frodo. So he votes to sacrifice Gollum, thus putting him in the lead. In this case, Gollum would be sacrificed, but Sam, having the second most votes for lynching, would be lynched. So he votes for "no lynch", making "no lynch" the second option after Gollum, who is sacrificed and so he cannot be lynched. Because of that, "no lynch" is "lynched" instead of Gollum - so no lynch is actually made toDay.

If there are still any questions, you may ask them here or PM them to me.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #128
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Sorry for the late posting of DL, I got sidetracked (my cousin's dog just died and I completely forgot about WW even though during the last few hours I was basically only waiting for the clock as the outcome seemed clear already). But as you can see, for those of you who live, the game's not over yet and you have a nice Night now and can look forward to the following Day
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 12-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #129
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Psst... Bes is male.....

*goes back to being dead*

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #130
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Psst... Bes is male.....

*goes back to being dead*
Ugh! Father Frost take it!

I know it (probably longer than most of the players) but forgot it. Thanks *goes to edit*
Old 12-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #131
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
my cousin's dog just died and I completely forgot about WW
So would I have. Hope s/he didn't have to suffer long. Heartfelt condolences!
*sinks back into his grave*
Old 12-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #132
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post

What he said.

*doesn't sink into a grave, but rather into Bed*
Old 12-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #133
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Thanks (both). But nay, but he was an old dog, they've had him for long (13 years). He was fun, but he has really seen a lot...

Anyway, you people'd better sharpen your minds... or those who are dead prepare your cheerleading slogans... for toMorrow...
Old 12-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #134
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Thanks (both). But nay, but he was an old dog, they've had him for long (13 years). He was fun, but he has really seen a lot...

Anyway, you people'd better sharpen your minds... or those who are dead prepare your cheerleading slogans... for toMorrow...
I don't suppose there's a chance of starting toMorrow early, is there? Prolong the agony of End Game?
Old 12-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #135
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I don't suppose there's a chance of starting toMorrow early, is there? Prolong the agony of End Game?
No, no, we will start normally, also because Lommy is away from city now and coming back only later tomorrow... or actually today... by our time... anyway, let's just keep the schedule normally as it is. You get to take a long deep breath before Day 8

So now all hush, hush and into your beds, children. ToMorrow will come.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:52 AM   #136
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

By the way, by all accounts I won't be around much toMorrow. I won't have the internet at work (or so I assume) so I'll have to vote either extremely early or over my lunch hour, which I likely won't get tomorrow. I'll do what I can but wanted to give the heads up just in case.

*toddles off*
Old 12-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #137
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*weeps*

On the plus side I've had fun. I'll be waiting to see how it turns out.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #138
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
And after all that...

*disbelief*
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #139
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Well that was anti-climactic.

EDIT: x'd with Shasta

ETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Well, come now, did you expect me to vote Morsul?
We'd all appreciate it.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 12-13-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #140
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Notice - Whenever I'm a Gifted, the innocents lose, but I'm always successful in my Gift. (and no, Cobblerism doesn't count.)
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 12-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #141
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Did you know the ghosts of Sally and Shasta have been watching over us, and are gnashing their teeth on the admin thread?
They're not the only ones. *waits eagerly for the narration*

EDIT: xed with Shasta
Old 12-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #142
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay folks, dead or alive, you can come and discuss here

There will be of course a closing narration coming up yet on the game thread... and a formal announcement of the winner(s), of course
Old 12-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #143
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Epic Fail.

But nicely played, wolves. When I died and I found out who the remaining wolves were I was like "oh they will win... no one suspects them"

and I'd just like to apologize to Lommy and Wilwa for suspecting you heavily without apparent cause.

Good game everyone!
Old 12-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #144
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
They're not the only ones. *waits eagerly for the narration*

EDIT: xed with Shasta
Hi, Lottie. Sorry I couldn't keep you alive. Me and Sally tried, though.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #145
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Epic Fail.
++Nienna for Representative
Old 12-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #146
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Notice - Whenever I'm a Gifted, the innocents lose, but I'm always successful in my Gift. (and no, Cobblerism doesn't count.)
I know. Believe me, I know.

So let me get this straight. We Fenris (sort of) one wolf, the seer dreams another, the hunter takes the third with him, and we still lose? Less than two hours into the Day? I'm sorely, repeat, sorely disappointed.

By the way, Nerwen, nice job killing me. I'd self-protected the Night before but was hoping I'd be confident enough you'd assume I was doing it last Night. Alas, it didn't work, much to my surprise and chagrin.

Still...."very very very unhappy."

Shasta, I may have a song for you, but it'll have to wait a couple days most likely.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #147
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Yes, I saw. And I just knew you two had to be the Gifteds. Great game.

EDIT: xed with Shasta and Sally.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #148
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Well that was anti-climactic.
It was, actually. I was expecting to have to put up much more of a fight.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #149
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
We Fenris (sort of) one wolf, the seer dreams another, the hunter takes the third with him, and we still lose?
Fixed bolding.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #150
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
It was, actually. I was expecting to have to put up much more of a fight.
It's fine, queen of my heart. I still love you. When someone hands you the game on a silver platter, you'd have to be an idiot not to take it, and an idiot you're not.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #151
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Epic Fail.
Ditto.

Quote:
++Nienna for Representative
Again, ditto.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #152
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Like I said, it really seems that
1. innocents never win anymore
2. I never win anymore

Sort of depressing.

My apologies to Nienna and Brinn, and Wilwa too! Slight apologies to Lottie too, but then again, I still think lynching her was sort of reasonable.

And congrats to Bes for fooling me quite nicely, btw.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #153
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
By the way, Nerwen, nice job killing me. I'd self-protected the Night before but was hoping I'd be confident enough you'd assume I was doing it last Night. Alas, it didn't work, much to my surprise and chagrin.
Ah, but I guessed that's what you were trying to make me think.

(Mind you, I had my heart in my mouth waiting for toDay's DL, I can tell you.)

Kudos to you and Shasta for hiding in plain sight so well. We all talked a lot about who the gifteds might be, but I don't think your names got mentioned except in passing.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #154
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:

Kudos to you and Shasta for hiding in plain sight so well. We all talked a lot about who the gifteds might be, but I don't think your names got mentioned except in passing.
Seeing the PMs of those nights might be rather fun...
Old 12-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #155
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
It's fine, queen of my heart. I still love you. When someone hands you the game on a silver platter, you'd have to be an idiot not to take it, and an idiot you're not.
Why thank you, emperor of my soul.

Wilt thou kindly explain this to the whale expert, who seems a trifle chagrined?
Old 12-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #156
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:

Yes, well, when I ended up dead and found out it was you that didn't surprise me. I actually had thought, "You know, this will work on anyone left but Nerwen. I sure hope she's not the last one, or I'm in trouble."

Funnily enough, I protected Morsul.

And yes please on the PMs. Shasta and I did a lot of business by IM and even phone, so we can't share everything sadly.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #157
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Seeing the PMs of those nights might be rather fun...
I don't think I saved the earlier Nights. I'll have a look.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #158
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Btw I have a slight feeling of déjà vu, last game I played innocent Sally voted me fatally rather out of the blue on the last Day and the village lost also... Like I told someone on msn, I shouldn't really be left alive for the last Day, I'm too much of a hazard for innocents...
Erm, no I didn't. Well, I did but not at the beginning of the Day. I was tricked by the nasty wolfiekinses, I didn't pull out the white flag for all the world to see. Apples and oranges, my pet, apples and oranges. (Although I was horribly cross with myself for it nonetheless.)
Old 12-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #159
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Meh, I'm not chagrined at you, Nerwen, not at all. You were just too good for me first and then used your opportunity smartly. I'm more chagrined at werewolf in general, a bit at myself and a bit at Morsul. But it will pass... don't worry.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 12-13-2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: bolding
Old 12-13-2009, 04:49 PM   #160
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Numbers?

satansaloser2005 182
Shastanis Althreduin 117

Nogrod 109
Thinlómien 98
Boromir88 82
Morsul the Dark 69
Macalaure 63
Loslote 61
Nerwen 55
Pitchwife 48

Eomer of the Rohirrim 37
Nienna 32
Legate of Amon Lanc 32
Mnemosyne 32
Brinniel 28
Bes 25
wilwarin538 25
Inziladun 24
A Little Green 20
Roa_Aoife 18
tromkehra 5

As I said, Shasta, one pretty darn quiet wolf. (Of the ones left when I made that statement, in fact both of the quiet ones were wolves.)

I suspected Bes pretty quickly but of course "he was just being new" so we couldn't lynch him, alas. Nerwen did very well, though this again proves reverse psychology, as she was a wolf and I barely suspected her.

And now I must go. Fare thee well until my return, dear village.