The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #121
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Good to see I'm not alone with my suspicions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Am I correct in thinking, Mac, that you didn't intend the content of your conversation-starter to be misleading, but rather were looking for wolvish behavior of hovering around the edges of a debate?
I have been understood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
my opinion at this point is that Macalaure is innocent as a little lamb.
Meeh.

I'm pretty much in agreement with Rikae's thoughts in her last post.

I would prefer voting for Nerwen or Aganzir, probably Aganzir more. I would like to vote right away, but I'm afraid I need to be careful since I might need to vote Sally in order to save myself. Since I think Sally is innocent, I'm not very eager to do that.

The third wolf next to Nerwen and Aganzir could be Gwatha or Lily, or somebody else who's been hiding well so far. We'll have time to find him.

Last edited by Macalaure; 02-10-2008 at 08:36 AM. Reason: crossed with Rikae and Nogrod
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:44 AM   #122
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I have to vote now because Noggins needs time to post as well. So without further explanations,

++ Gwath

Simply because he looks most suspicious to me at the moment.

ToMorrow I promise to look at those who have slipped completely under my radar (meaning at least Lommy, Menel, and Noggins).
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:46 AM   #123
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sally -> Shasta
Shasta -> Menel
Legate -> Sally (Sally 2, Menel 1)
Aganzir -> Mac (Sally 2, Menel 1, Mac 1)
Lommy -> Mac (Sally 2, Mac 2, Menel 1)
Lily -> Gwath (Sally 2, Mac 2, Menel 1, Gwath 1)

left to vote: me, Nogrod, McCaber, Gwathagor, Menel, Rikae

Half of us still need to vote and only 15 minutes left!
Old 02-10-2008, 08:48 AM   #124
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Voting a newbie with that little suspicion?

*writes "has some explaining to do tomorrow" next to Lily's name*
Old 02-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #125
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Mac 2
Gwath 1
Menel 1
Sally 1
Shasta 1

Right?

And where are all the people?

I would be quite uncomfortable voting for Mac on these basis alone.

Sadly I haven't had time enough to read Nerwen and Aganzir to actually form a reasoned opinion on them even if I feel there might be something wrong there.

Of those already gaining votes I might be persuaded to vote for Sally (look at my last post for reasons).

EDIT: x'd with Mac
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:51 AM   #126
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Gwathagor, Menel, and McCaber haven't showed up yet, so unless they plan to give a last-minute rogue vote, they're going to miss it.

Nogrod, Rikae? What are your preferences?

Last edited by Macalaure; 02-10-2008 at 08:51 AM. Reason: crossed with Nogrod
Old 02-10-2008, 08:51 AM   #127
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I'm here, I'm here.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:52 AM   #128
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I'm here, I'm here.
Then tell us what you think!
Old 02-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #129
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I would really rather vote for Nerwen, but not if it means Mac gets lynched, as I would rather save him than Sally.
I don't see how Sally's so suspicious, though, either - random votes are unfortunate and useless, but sometimes can't be helped.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #130
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Hey, I have at least five minutes.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #131
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
So, you refuse to let anyone know your thinking process beforehand, Gwath? Hmm...
Old 02-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #132
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Can I get any support in voting Nerwen?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #133
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I'm more confident about the innocence of Menel than I am of Sally's. I think Shasta and Gwath deserve another Day.

But I would still prefer Nerwen or Aganzir.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #134
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
A very quick response to Mac: I vote people based on their suspiciousness, not the length of their werewolf career. He is wolvish-looking for other reasons than being a newbie.
I know he is a newbie but he is the most wolvish-looking so I voted for him. Clear?
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 02-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #135
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

OK, here we go.

I am going to vote

+ + Aganzir

because she is Pretty Suspicious, whereas everyone else is either Fairly Suspicious or Not Very Suspicious.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #136
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Rikae, could I persuade you to vote Aganzir?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #137
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm afraid I have too little to go for Agan or Nerwen even if I do appreciate the points made.

So I'll go for

++ Sally
Old 02-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #138
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

++Aganzir

No persuasion needed, Mac, I already suspected her.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #139
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

++Aganzir
Old 02-10-2008, 09:00 AM   #140
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

phew....

that axe in my neck started to feel uncomfortable...
Old 02-10-2008, 09:03 AM   #141
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
TIME IS UP

Narration coming up shortly
Old 02-10-2008, 09:05 AM   #142
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Okay, I guess I'm going to be voting for either Mac or Sally. A Little Green sounds better to me after her last post, and I don't want to lynch Gwathagor toDay, since he's new. Besides, I don't really find him that suspicious.

I can't understand why Rikae is so convinced Mac is innocent or why she claims to suspect those who suspect him. I'm trying to be as objective as I can, and I think he's been behaving in a notably peculiar way. And far from "misrepresenting" him, I was simply honestly saying what I thought he meant.

Sally's vote for Shasta was perhaps the single most wolfish thing anyone has done today. Or rather, not the vote itself, since Shasta was already under a bit of suspicion, but the reasons she gave for it. On the other hand– this is Sally we're talking about. She's always weird. Also, it seems she's ill, which may account for some of the extra weirdness.

I'm still not sure what to do.

Edit: ran out of time. Sorry.
2nd edit (at peril of modwrath): X'd with everyone since Mac at #121.

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-10-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #143
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The villagers... *Bonk*... Adventurers I mean!!... were lost and confused.

Shasta!! said one of them amid a bad dream. “Well, that’s not helpful... I say YOU are a wolf” “No, YOU Are!” “YOU!” and so on and so forth for most of the day. The deadline was nearing, and it seemed Macalaure was going to be the one

“Now, now, my friends let’s be reasonable... there is no need to lynch anyone, after al--“

“I’m voting for Aganzir said Rikae

AGANZIR IS A WOLF!!! LYNCH HER! LYYYNCH HEEER” said Macalaure

“Wait a moment,” spoke LommyMac is right!”

“I’m not a wolf!”

“Quiet Aganzir that’s not what I mean... I meant that he was right when he started to say there is no need to lynch anyone. I have just what we need.”

“Those half-elves always so smug, we should lynch Lommy just for that!”

Roa you are a co-mod, you don’t get to vote” answered the resident penguin lover, who had surprisingly not mentioned penguins once this time around. “Anyway, I have a giant, hollow d2. I never knew why I bought such thing as no game seems to ask for it, but we can probably lock our suspects there and then see. If one of them is a wolfie then we’d probably notice it the morning after!”

It seemed sensible enough and Aganzir was forced into the giant d2 dice which somehow no-one had noticed was sitting right there all along.

All along, Gwathagor had refused to participate. “Something feels off” he thought to himself, and then said aloud “Wait a minute, I know why d2 are not used; they don’t exist! You see, a d2 would be like a coin, thin and...”

“Thin?!” Aganzir began to look worried “Wouldn’t that mean that...”

*Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee SLPORCH*
No-one heard the end of Aganzir’s plead. Due to the laws of cartoon-reality* the d2 turned into a, more reality appropriate, coin. This had the unfortunately side effect of compacting the day’s top vote-getter into nonexistence. A little shocked and confused, the adventurers decided to go to sleep, forgetting that there were still werewolves around.

*Law of cartoon-reality: Anything, no matter how impossible it may be, will continue to exist and or happen up until one of the parties involved realize its lack of sense.

-------------------------------------------------------
The Living

Legate
Nogrod
Lommy
McCaber
Sally
Gwathagor
A Little Green
Macalaure
Nerwen
Meneltarmacil
Rikae
Shasta

The dead
Roa: Eaten by werewolves, or otherwise gone missing
Farael: Killed by a convenient plot-twist
Aganzir: Squished into non-existance inside a d2

The tally
Three Werewolves
One Seer

The note
Post at your own peril of modwrath, wolves may PM, Seer may dream.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:02 AM   #144
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yikes!! Sorry for the late start

Lommy (ordo) has been voted out of th-... i mean eaten. I'll put up a narration later, you may post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“There’s something wrong” said the half-ish elf. “I feel like we’ve forgotten about something. Sure, seeing Aganzir squished into nonexistence was rather disturbing and I sure wanted to close my eyes and forget all about it... however, there is something else I remember being worried about” Then she felt a soft stubble suddenly noticeable on her chin “Ach, cursed curse... how could this happen to me? Half-elf, yes, but not half-human but rather half-Werewolf.” Lommy sat up suddenly and yelled out

“WEREW-“ but a dark, furry (far furrier than hers) hand covered her mouth. “Quiet wee one...” it whispered to her ear “there’s no need to wake up all the others! Come along now, let’s go for a walk” and a heavy hand grabbed Lommy by the shoulder and lead her through dark passages and hidden doors. On and on she walked, the hand’s firm grasp all that her bewildered senses felt.

Suddenly, she felt (or rather did not feel) something under her. She had walked right over the edge of a precipice, guided by that accursed hand.

“Well, at least I took one of them down with me” she thought, still falling and falling. She turned to see whom it had been the one to betray them, and much to her horror there was no werewolf falling along with her. A green, rotten hand was still grabbing on to her shoulder. It also held a little note tattooed to the back of the hand. “I guess the Last Prince of Cardolan still had a little mischief left in him”. If Loomy ever hit the bottom of the precipice or if she is forever falling, the accursed hand her lone companion, this story does not tell.

The Living

Legate
Nogrod
McCaber
Sally
Gwathagor
A Little Green
Macalaure
Nerwen
Meneltarmacil
Rikae
Shasta

The dead
Roa: Eaten by werewolves, or otherwise gone missing
Farael: Killed by a convenient plot-twist
Aganzir: Squished into non-existance inside a d2
Loomy: May not be dead, but she's sure too far from the game to be of much help

The tally
Three Werewolves
One Seer

Last edited by Farael; 02-11-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:17 AM   #145
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
OK, everyone. I'm sorry, the no-vote was a mistake on my part. I forgot the game was going on until the deadline was already over. In any case, know that I would have voted for Rikae.

I'm even more suspicious of her now than before, come to think of it. The Aganzir bandwagon looks more than just a little fishy to me. Macalaure's lynching is coming closer, and then Gwathagor votes for the suspicious-but-most-likely-innocent Agan. That's fine; Gwath is rather new here and it's an honest mistake. Then, seeing a vote in play, Rikae jumps in to save Macalaure, followed by the would-be lynchee himself.

Aganzir was hardly considered a genuine target before, mainly being placed in the "suspicious-looking innocent" category. A sudden turn of the votes toward her at the end does not appear to be a good sign, as far as I can see.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #146
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
Aganzir was hardly considered a genuine target before, mainly being placed in the "suspicious-looking innocent" category. A sudden turn of the votes toward her at the end does not appear to be a good sign, as far as I can see.
By whom? Menel, you certainly seem eager to put your own spin on things - if anyone cares to look at yesterday's posts, they should see in plain green and black that I suspected Aganzir - I mentioned it several times - and Mac did as well, as far as I can see.
If my desire had been only to save Mac, I could have voted for anyone else who had one vote, after all.
I'm still inclined to trust him - his behavior yesterday struck me as an honest attempt to stir the pot. I wonder if it wasn't entirely fruitless, and whether the choice of Aganzir at the end allowed Nerwolf to escape the net. She was the most suspicious person, to my mind, yesterday, and I hope she isn't overlooked toDay.
Now, why did the wolves target Lommy? They can't possibly have taken her dream remark for a seer hint, as it was clearly a joke (then again, we seem to have quite a bit of misunderstanding going on in this game.) It may well be that she was killed simply for being generally trusted in a village where most people have gained some suspicion.
Now, I have to go to class (yes, there is a university in the barrow) so I'll catch up on the discussion in a few hours.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #147
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I AM sorry for my part in Aganzir's death. It does make me look suspicious, but I'll try to make amends by not making any more lame mistakes.

Since Aganzir was innocent, and the wolves knew she was innocent, it seems likely that one or more of them would have voted to execute her. So, if I'm right, either myself, Rikae, or Macalaure could be a wolf.

On the other hand, the wolves might have scattered their votes early on, in the hope that they would go unnoticed and the ords would lynch one of their own kind, of their own accord.

Rikae: what are your reasons for suspecting Nerwen? I haven't caught any traces of wolf yet in her posts, but I'm willing to be convinced.

EDIT: X-ed with Rikae

Last edited by Gwathagor; 02-11-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:04 PM   #148
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sally hobbled in, took one look around at the tired faces, and decided she had some splaining to do....

First of all, thank you SO much for taking pity on a sickie and not killing me yesterday. For the record, I voted Shasta because I figured that he was a safe vote (aka I could vote him and I was pretty sure he wouldn't actually die.) I found him perhaps a bit off the wall, but not completely suspicious, so of all the people I could vote in good conscience, I chose him. End of story. Past that, I feel no need to explain myself because as I mentioned I had been sick and my brain simply couldn't put a logical thought together this weekend to save my life, so if you find my illness to be an indication of guilt then feel free to accuse me.

How did we come to the conclusion that Agan was wolfy anyway? I didn't find her suspicious in the least (but I am still a bit loopy) so I'm not quite sure why she died. But it was the first day, and thus there wasn't much to go on, so it's understandable. Happens to the best of us.

Lommie kill? Allow me to ponder that for a bit, and then I will re-emerge with a possible explanation....
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:26 PM   #149
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
btw - Gwath - you should not edit the content of your posts except for marking x-posting, otherwise it might get pretty confusing.

Well. So Lommy is dead. I read through her yesterDay's posts and she did not post much. Very little, indeed, though she said she will be more active toDay - maybe someone was afraid of it and get rid of her? (Though I don't find it as probable.) Another thing I can think of right now as reason for her kill is her remark about the dream she had on the Dreams thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
"Yes, you're a wolf and your fellows are Legate and Shasta. I've seen it in a dream."
But even this thing indeed does not seem to me worth thinking about. Or is it possible that the wolves really took it as a Seer hint? Well, anything is possible. Otherwise, it may be that she simply was picked to leave little or no tracks.

As for yesterDay's votes, this is how it went. I noticed that Mac yesterDay repeatedly posted the voting list wrong - he counted Sally's vote for Shasta later as a vote for Sally, so he kept posting the list saying "Sally 2". This version is corrected:

Sally -> Shasta (Shasta 1)
Shasta -> Menel (Shasta 1, Menel 1)
Legate -> Sally (Sally 1, Shasta 1, Menel 1)
Aganzir -> Mac (Sally 1, Shasta 1, Menel 1, Mac 1)
Lommy -> Mac (Mac 2, Sally 1, Shasta 1, Menel 1)
Lily -> Gwath (Mac 2, Sally 1, Shasta 1, Menel 1, Gwath 1)
Gwath -> Aganzir (Mac 2, Sally 1, Shasta 1, Menel 1, Gwath 1, Aganzir 1)
Nogrod -> Sally (Mac 2, Sally 2, Shasta 1, Menel 1, Gwath 1, Aganzir 1)
Rikae -> Aganzir (Mac 2, Sally 2, Aganzir 2, Shasta 1, Menel 1, Gwath 1)
Mac -> Aganzir (Aganzir 3, Mac 2, Sally 2, Shasta 1, Menel 1, Gwath 1)

Did not vote: McCaber, Nerwen, Menel. Menel already explained himself, I'd like to hear an explanation from the other two.

Now what can be deduced from that. The end was very dramatic. It went for Mac, then after Nogrod's vote it seemed to be a toss-up between him and Sally, but immediately and in a few last minutes Aganzir was lynched. I don't like that and let me also use this opportunity to say that we should avoid things like that. Last-minute vote frays happen, and in fact it's pretty normal, but generally it's at least some shot-up between two or three people about whom we know. This time, suddenly a candidate who did not have a single vote 5 minutes before the DL was lynched. That's not a way it should be generally done, I'd say, and I believe no one would like if such a thing happened to us.

About those voters. I think it's probable that there could be a wolf among Aganzir-voters. Gwath, despite the fact he started this bandwagon, still seems rather like a genuine innocent to me. And if not, then I'd say he's playing an innocent newbie pretty well. I'm leaving him out of my suspicions right now. Now, the other two, Mac and Rikae. Of them I am more aware of Mac, from the general behavior of him in this game. On the other hand if Sally were a wolf, there could have been a connection between her and Rikae and thence the eagerness of her to join Mac's vote.

Further thoughts coming from me later. I will have plenty time toDay, unlike yesterDay, so I hope to be more productive.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #150
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Lommie kill? Allow me to ponder that for a bit, and then I will re-emerge with a possible explanation....
Don't waste your time on it. She was a safe kill and a good player - and with no ranger to protect her... easy and a good choice. She was ashtonishingly little talked about yesterDay.

Rikae mentioned her dream-stuff though and with wolves you can't ever discount the possibility that they want to make sure as the seer is normally their worst enemy. But then again it would be quite convenient for the wolves if we believed that was the reason while those she mentioned in her RL-dream were all innocents in the game...

EDIT: x'd with Legate
Old 02-11-2008, 12:41 PM   #151
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Richard the Unobscure rose from his meditations.

"I would also apologize for my lack of vote yesterday. I lost myself in my evening prayers and forgot the time. I will not let it happen again.

Now, let us descend upon these wolves with fire and holy writ.

My suspicion (and my would-be vote) was cast on Sally yesterDay, but she claims a weakness of the body was at fault. I shall therefore wait and reevaluate my thoughts.

I believe that brother Gwathagor is sincere in his repentance, and in the words of the Scriptures, "Let not the noobs be ganked without reason, but have pity on them and nurture them until they may learn their way."

It is a pity that Lommy is no longer with us, but mayhap it was simply a random choice by the wolves. Or something as simple as half-elf penguins taste better.

Macalaure gave me an uneasy feeling towards the end, but that seems to be mere panic rather than an actual wolf, and I still wonder about this Little Green.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #152
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
About those voters. I think it's probable that there could be a wolf among Aganzir-voters.
Quite possible it is indeed, Legate. In fact, I think it's possible there's a wolf among all three voting groups, since there are three wolves. But perhaps that would be spreading them a bit thin.

Honestly, I don't think there's a wolf in that group. I think there's two. Gwath, innocent and new though he may be, seemed to set that situation up quite nicely. However, I believe he just made an innocent mistake, emphasis on innocent, and that a wolf (or wolves for that matter) jumped on the chance to get Agan out of the way. I especially dislike that five minutes before deadline, Mac basically said to Rikae, "I know we have other people we can vote for, but let's just get Agan out of the way while she's not looking. Want to help me out love?" I just don't like it. I don't like it one little bit.

"And we know who the third is of course. Stepmother Lily, come forward," Sally requested. "I believe it is you, oh mis-interpreter of posts, who mistook our fair Lommie as a seer and chose to seal her fate. Confess now, and we shall be kind to you and make your death as swift and painless as possible."

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-11-2008 at 01:33 PM. Reason: x'd with cabbie. just about to ask where he was too :) Aha, I knew I forgot to bold someone! Sorry Agan!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #153
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Aganzir was innocent. Dammit.

I guess Lommy has been killed because I was her main suspect. She yet did not do any harm to a wolf, so better get rid of her before she eventually starts to. It sadly means that we can deduce little to nothing from her death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor
Rikae: what are your reasons for suspecting Nerwen? I haven't caught any traces of wolf yet in her posts, but I'm willing to be convinced.
Don't you think that's a tad convenient? Why don't you reveal a little bit of your own thought processes first. I'm very curious what exactly it was that made you vote Aganzir yesterDay. The way I see it, you could very well be a wolf (together with Sally?) who took advantage of the possibility to start a bandwaggon against an innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
Then, seeing a vote in play, Rikae jumps in to save Macalaure, followed by the would-be lynchee himself.
I think this would only make sense in the case of a wolf trio Rikae-Mac-Sally (as Legate has already pointed out). Otherwise, Sally would have been the far easier option for her to save me.

Quote:
I noticed that Mac yesterDay repeatedly posted the voting list wrong - he counted Sally's vote for Shasta later as a vote for Sally, so he kept posting the list saying "Sally 2".
Yep, I noticed it. Sorry about that. But why do you say "repeatedly" when it was obviously only once?

Quote:
This time, suddenly a candidate who did not have a single vote 5 minutes before the DL was lynched. That's not a way it should be generally done, I'd say, and I believe no one would like if such a thing happened to us.
You're right, but keep in mind that, even though she did not receive a vote until the end, she had been mentioned as a possibility for far longer than 5 minutes.

I disagree with keeping Gwath out of the considerations for the wolf among the Aganzir-voters. He's genuine, yes, but he's new, so that says little. In my opinion, he yet simply has not given enough input to be judged. I think you're being hasty there.

I still think Rikae, Nogrod, and Menel, are innocent, A Little Green fishy, and Nerwen suspicious. I need to rethink my opinion of Sally.

I need to see more posts from Legate, more details from Gwathagor, more sense from Shasta, and more of all of these from McCaber toDay before I can make up my mind about them.

Last edited by Macalaure; 02-11-2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: marked Legate's quotes and xd with Sally
Old 02-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #154
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

I disagree with keeping Gwath out of the considerations for the wolf among the Aganzir-voters. He's genuine, yes, but he's new, so that says little. In my opinion, he yet simply has not given enough input to be judged. I think you're being hasty there.

Sally's head tilted as she considered this. "You're right, Mac. Perhaps I am a bit too trusting. I will look more into this innocent-seeming child."

note: in class right now, so really can't post much more than that. back in about an hour, unless I break down and stealth-post again.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-11-2008 at 01:22 PM. Reason: realized my joke didn't make any sense, so I deleted it. nothing major really
Old 02-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #155
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Yep, I noticed it. Sorry about that. But why do you say "repeatedly" when it was obviously only once?
Oh, sorry. For some reason I thought you posted twice. Must have mistaken it with Nogrod or I just need my eyes checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
You're right, but keep in mind that, even though she did not receive a vote until the end, she had been mentioned as a possibility for far longer than 5 minutes.
Yes, you are right. However, I am aware of the fact that it might have suited a wolf to raise such a last minute bandwaggon - and imagine what would've happened if for example Aganzir were a Seer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Well, of course I am not totally leaving him for the whole game. But I said for now, I am giving him the benefit of doubt. If in the future there is something sinister about him, I will of course reconsider even his role in yesterDay's events. But now, you or Rikae to me look like more probable wolves among Agan-voters.

Anyway, Mac, I am keeping you in my orange zone. You seem to be reasonable on one side, on the other, you post things like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

I guess Lommy has been killed because I was her main suspect. She yet did not do any harm to a wolf, so better get rid of her before she eventually starts to. It sadly means that we can deduce little to nothing from her death.
I know as innocent, you could be cursing yourself over lynching a bad person as well, but I am getting a bad feeling from your posts in general. And that Lommy thing - I am not sure if I understand you. Why should she have been killed because you were her main suspect? Anyway, by saying "She yet did not do any harm to a wolf", you also set yourself as an innocent, because if she suspected you, then she did you "harm", and therefore you don't count as wolf. I don't think there was much in her death either, but I am worried if you are not a wolf and as a side-effect it suited you to kill her because she suspected you. Oh, or is that what you meant by that "main suspect" thing? Anyway in that case you could be double-bluffing that, cf. what I said before.

And I must say if I am baffled by anyone, it is Sally. After her last but one post (that longer one), I really don't know what to think. Not that the theories she brings are not interesting, but I am quite baffled by the way she seems to be so sure of her suspects. Or am I missing a joke once more?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #156
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I know as innocent, you could be cursing yourself over lynching a bad person as well, but I am getting a bad feeling from your posts in general. And that Lommy thing - I am not sure if I understand you. Why should she have been killed because you were her main suspect? Anyway, by saying "She yet did not do any harm to a wolf", you also set yourself as an innocent, because if she suspected you, then she did you "harm", and therefore you don't count as wolf.
Of course I'm setting myself as an innocent - that's the only thing I know for certain. Since I was Lommy's main suspect, no wolf was, but since she's a crafty player, she was going to be a problem for one or more wolves eventually. It seems like a pretty straightforward kill to me.

Quote:
I don't think there was much in her death either, but I am worried if you are not a wolf and as a side-effect it suited you to kill her because she suspected you. Oh, or is that what you meant by that "main suspect" thing? Anyway in that case you could be double-bluffing that, cf. what I said before.
Now, this I don't understand. First you say there's not much in her death, then you say I could be a wolf. But if I was a wolf, then there is something in her death, namely that I got rid of her because she was dangerous to me. If this was the case, then obviously getting rid of someone who suspected me was not a side-effect, but the main goal.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #157
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Alright, then.

After reading toDay's posts I find my thoughts very contradictory. There are three people I find suspicious, but according to my reasoning all three can't be wolves.

In addition to the troublesome Aganzir-voting issue, Mac's latest post seemed very fishy to me. First of all, the beginning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
looks, sorry to say, just false. Secondly,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Don't you think that's a tad convenient? Why don't you reveal a little bit of your own thought processes first. I'm very curious what exactly it was that made you vote Aganzir yesterDay. The way I see it, you could very well be a wolf (together with Sally?) who took advantage of the possibility to start a bandwaggon against an innocent.
This looks... bad. Though he's got a point, the way he very quickly, almost aggressively, turns the suspicion from himself to Gwath looks furry to me. To start a bandwaggon? While Gwath's post was
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
OK, here we go.

I am going to vote

+ + Aganzir

because she is Pretty Suspicious, whereas everyone else is either Fairly Suspicious or Not Very Suspicious.
your next one was
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Rikae, could I persuade you to vote Aganzir?
Which one looks more like the start of a bandwagon, may I ask?

Rikae's confidence not only in Mac's innocence but also in Nerwen's guilt (her reference to "Nerwolf" in her latest post) strikes me as very weird. How can she be so certain, especially after being mistaken about Agan? I don't know what to think about her. Her behaviour looks suspicious, but somehow I'd think that she was more careful if she were a wolf.

Gwath is still fishy-looking, not because of the Agan-vote but because of his Day1 behaviour (the same reasons I suspected him for then), and because there was something weird in his toDay's post. I don't suspect him as much as I did on Day1, however.

I'm quite convinced one of these three is a wolf, probably Rikae or Mac, most probably Mac. Though Rikae and Mac are my main suspects at the moment, I don't think both of them are wolves. They would be playing a very bold game indeed if they were. But which one of them is, I cannot say. Mac looks both more and less suspicious, if you get what I mean.

And Sally, I'd appreciate it if you stated why do you suspect me, so I could better defend myself.

EDIT: x-ed with Legate and Mac
Old 02-11-2008, 02:14 PM   #158
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I just got back reading things and noticed - the same one I see Legate pointed out as well - but let me take one fresh look at it with a slight bolding...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

I do agree with Legate (if I understood him right) that your cursing about Agan's innocence looks anything but sincere. The whole sentence about Lommy not yet doing harm to a wolf is more than fishy: now why an ordo would think it that way - if Lommy had not spotted a wolf yet why should they be in a special hurry to get her killed instead of me, Legate, Rikae, Mac himself just to name a few good candidates? This whole approach looks pretty suspicious.

But take the bolding then. So we can't deduce anything about her death and still the two who suspected you the most: Aganzir and Lommy are now dead... How convenient. Or are they framing you? That's possible but somehow your way of trying to downplay everything we can read from Lommy's death (and "dammitting" Agan's) just looks lycantrophic.

I'll be back with more things...

EDIT: X'd with Mac and LG
Old 02-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #159
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac, reposted by everybody else

I know others have said it, but I must echo it. That sounds so very false. It's like he's saying "Yes! We've killed one with ease, but I've been caught in the act. Backpeddle! Backpeddle!" I do have a random thought though. Would you care to hear it? *waits, but no response* Good, no one objects.
Okay, let's assume he's being sincere, that he's upset because Agan was an innocent. Perhaps he is angry because he was hoping to rid our group of its seer? I'm sorry, I know it's a bit out there, and I'll have to look at Agan's posts to see if that's even a plausible theory, but I'll put it on the table for everyone to look at. I'm going to read some more posts and pet my duck. She's slightly angered at me because I ran too far ahead of her earlier and she wants some company. I'll return soon.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:35 PM   #160
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Lily, I'm not turning against Gwathagor. I only want to know the reasoning behind his decisions. I can decide whether he's suspicious or not only when I know what he had been thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily
Which one looks more like the start of a bandwagon, may I ask?
Mine.

I campaigned for the lynching of one of my main suspects. The fact that I was wrong obviously makes me look suspicious, but I don't think the fact that I urged a bandwaggon does. Gwathagor, on the other hand, could have known there was a potential for a waggon against her and then initiated it. Without his reasoning I have no idea what to think of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily
How can she be so certain, especially after being mistaken about Agan?
The suspicions against the two were independent of one another, so there's no necessity to back off from Nerwen now - at least from my perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
if Lommy had not spotted a wolf yet why should they be in a special hurry to get her killed instead of me, Legate, Rikae, Mac himself just to name a few good candidates?
Of course it would also make sense for them to kill someone who's on their track, but apparently these wolves did not think so. I see three possibilities:
a) Lommy was killed due to the utter lack of trails to the wolves.
b) I'm a wolf and wanted to rid myself from her.
c) The wolves are trying to frame me.
b) I know is not the case and c) I doubt.