The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2008, 07:15 AM   #321
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, I have the flu and I'm also horribly busy toDay, and I also have to leave for class at the deadline, so I think I better vote early toDay.

++Nerwen

Just look over her posts again -- she's showing her fangs more than ever. Now, goodbye all... I might not make it back for DL.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:19 AM   #322
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Look, let's suppose we lynch Rikae and she's innocent after all. (I don't think it's likely, but let's just suppose.) What do we do then– I mean, apart from beating Menel to a pulp? Lynch Sally? (But part of the case against her depends on Rikae not voting for her.)

I'm just saying this because if we get the wrong person toDay, we're in major trouble, the way the numbers are.

Edit: X'd with Rikae.

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-14-2008 at 07:48 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:55 AM   #323
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Look, let's suppose we lynch Rikae and she's innocent after all. (I don't think it's likely, but let's just suppose.) What do we do then– I mean, apart from beating Menel to a pulp? Lynch Sally? (But part of the case against her depends on Rikae not voting for her.)

I'm just saying this because if we get the wrong person toDay, we're in major trouble, the way the numbers are.
And what do you advise to do? Or, why do you say this? We are going to know toMorrow whether we got the right person or not, but why are you saying this now? This has no value now. This far, there were votes for you, and I am most probably going to vote Rikae. What you say looks like you are, unspoken, but between the lines trying to get us thinking about another possible subject to lynch besides you or Rikae. Why? The idea that pops up in my mind is that you two are both wolves and you want to try to find another (innocent) candidate. Otherwise I cannot see why are you saying this.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #324
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
And what do you advise to do? Or, why do you say this? We are going to know toMorrow whether we got the right person or not, but why are you saying this now? This has no value now.
Just last minute doubts, Legate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
EDIT: One technical question. Roa posted one version of DL time with the narration, Farael proposed something different here. Which one will be the real DL? And Farael, do I understand it right that your version is 7:30 PM GMT?
Farael said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
There are two alternatives as far as what we can do with this day. I would be able to end it 24 hours after it started today (1 30 PM my time tomorrow) but we cannot keep that as a deadline, as I'll sure won't be anywhere near a computer during my trip at 1 PM. If the wolves agree, we can have the day last for 24 hours and the following night last only until the regular deadline. To make it up for them, the wolves would be able to pm for the first three hours of the folowing day. I think that is a fair deal, and it doesnt give them the advantage of being able to communicate during voting time.

Of course, the wolves should PM me their thoughts, and any ordos who object should do the same.
So... I guess we don't know yet when the deadline is.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:10 AM   #325
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Well, I may as well put my money where my mouth is:

++Rikae.

Goodnight, all.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:13 AM   #326
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
So... I guess we don't know yet when the deadline is.
Well, great - because I have to leave and I don't know whether I'd have the chance to check on computer. Or, well, I will have a chance, but probably only a short one, and this is why I would like to know the time of DL, so that I don't appear three hours after it.

edit: x-ed with Nerwen
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 02-14-2008, 08:31 AM   #327
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

All right, just for the eventual case I don't show up, here is my vote.

++Rikae

Choose well, people - and I hope I will appear here at least before DL.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:36 AM   #328
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Okay, I'm here - I'm off to read through the thread, back in a while.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:45 AM   #329
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Shoot shoot shoot! I slept in! I've only got abut five or ten minutes, so I best make this quick....

I find both Rikae and Nerwen very suspicious, as I've stated previously. Rikae's been that way for the entire game, and I think it's pretty obvious she's been dreamt of. Nerwen, however, is still diverting attention at the moment and I don't like it. If we kill an ordo today, she'll come up with some lovely sounding post which will do nothing but draw suspicion to wherever the heck she wants it. She's too slick, in my opinion. Still....there's the whole "Rikae's pretty much been handed to us on a silver platter" thing to consider....ack, what to do, what to do....

But....I think Rikae can wait until the next Day, since she's in my opinion more exposed and therefore less of a threat (meaning there's less of a chance she can escape a lynch toMorrow). So my thought is, let's lynch:

++Nerwen

today and get it over with. Besides, with her gone we'll be able to make a lot more sense of what some other people have been saying.

My top lynch candidates today are Nerwen (obviously) and Rikae (also obviously). If we have to I guess I could go for Gwath (again, he just seems to be acting different toDay and it's bizarre) but I'd prefer one of the others. Either way, kill a wolf and I'll be happy. I best be off in a bit here. Happy lynching!

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-14-2008 at 08:45 AM. Reason: x'd with Legate's second and greenie
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #330
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
++Nerwen
Old 02-14-2008, 09:40 AM   #331
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Some thoughts about the Day, then.

This entire Rikae-issue is leaving me quite baffled. After Day2 I thought she was likely innocent, mostly because her "panic" looked so genuine. After Menel being revealed as the seer, though, I can't see the option to her being a wolf. After all, I very much doubt a seer would risk accusing an innocent so persistently, because it seems obvious that he dreamed of her some night. Why? Because if he suspected her it would seem unlikely that he didn't dream of her. And if he dreamt of her and found her innocent he wouldn't have dared go on with his attacks on her. Thus I'm inclined to think that Rikae is a wolf.

By the way. The votes this far are

Shasta > Nerwen (Nerwen 1)
Rikae > Nerwen (Nerwen 2)
Nerwen > Rikae (Rikae 1, Nerwen 2)
Legate > Rikae (Rikae 2, Nerwen 2)
Sally > Nerwen (Rikae 2, Nerwen 3)
Gwath > Nerwen (Rikae 2, Nerwen 4)

I don't know what to think about this. Meanwhile Nerwen doesn't look too innocent either (mainly because her interactions with Rikae look a little schemed), I find it weird that so many people should vote for her instead of Rikae, who (at least according to my reasoning) looks like an almost certain wolf.

I had a look at the two others than Rikae who voted for Nerwen. Gwath seems to side with Rikae all Day, except for his very first post which says
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
I suppose it's possible that Menel had dreamed about Rikae? Should we assume that he was right about all those he accused?
I don't know what to make of this, really, or indeed if it's of any substance at all, but I thought I'd mention it.
Sally brings up the theory of Nerwen and Rikae being fellows. I find it rather disturbing that in one post she says this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Menel's Dream guess for Night one: Rikae. Result? Wolf. He cranks up the suspicion notch on her quite a bit, and doesn't back off her no matter what.
Which gives the impression that she believes that Rikae is a wolf. Her suspicion on Nerwen is mainly based on her interactions with Rikae. I think it's weird that she should vote Nerwen after stating her belief in Rikae's wolvishness. Thoughts?

My guess for the wolves? Rikae and probably Nerwen and someone. Though Sally is probably the most suspicious-looking of the rest, the combination just doesn't work. Sally would be playing a very bold game if she were a wolf with Rikae and Nerwen, after all her statements on a connection between them. I'm inclined to think the third one is someone who has slipped under everyone's (well, at least mine ) radar in all this discussion about Rikae. Possibly Shasta, or Noggie, or McCaber? I'll have a look at those three, as they are the ones I have least opinion of.

And, as someone noted, I have been contributing pitifully little, and apologise for that. I haven't been able to post much lately but now I'll give it a try since I have time at last.

I'll be back again with more stuff. Beware!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."

Last edited by A Little Green; 02-14-2008 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Correcting the votes count after being pointed out a mistake there.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #332
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Look, let's suppose we lynch Rikae and she's innocent after all. (I don't think it's likely, but let's just suppose.) What do we do then– I mean, apart from beating Menel to a pulp?
Therefore we need to take the obvious one out toDay and lynch Rikae to enhance our chances of getting it right toDay.

And if it's wrong then Menel surely owes us an explanation... But I just can't believe it, it would be soo irresponsible behaviour from the seer.

++ Rikae

When you can lynch a werewolf - just do it.

The possibility of losing two ordos before reconsidering lynching her toMorrow is too risky. It's now 3 against 6. If we miss toDay and after they kill me the next Night it will be 3-4 toMorrow and then only one of the innocents overtalked or missing the vote will seal the game for the wolves toMorrow.

So Sally's theory looks very wolvish to me at this point as if we "try" Nerwen toDay we risk too much with our numbers as I said above.

Also Gwath's vote looks pretty terrible right now.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:48 AM   #333
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
By the way. The votes this far are

Shasta > Rikae (Rikae 1)
Rikae > Nerwen (Rikae 1, Nerwen 1)
Nerwen > Rikae (Rikae 2, Nerwen 1)
Legate > Rikae (Rikae 3, Nerwen 1)
Sally > Nerwen (Rikae 3, Nerwen 2)
Gwath > Nerwen (Rikae 3, Nerwen 3)
Shasta voted Nerwen, not Rikae.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:54 AM   #334
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
This is a friendly reminder that the game will go on until 1 30 my time, 7 30 GMT and 5 30 Buenos Aires time. Not that any of you are from "La reina del plata".
Old 02-14-2008, 09:54 AM   #335
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quickly about McCaber's posts toDay, since he was one of those I promised I'd have a look at. Now this is no proper post-by-post analysis, but anyway.

His first post, the fifth of the Day:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
Our seer did not survive the night? Truly this is the Dawnless Day.

Mayhap the late Menel struck too close with some of his accusations. He hounded Rikae pretty bad, but he also attacked Mac and Sally.

Rikae is indeed the obvious choice, but perhaps Sally needs looking at, as well.
There is something there, I can't put my finger on it really, but something is just... well... wrong. Something about that "let's be general, annoy no one, state the obvious, look helpful" -manner. Might be just me being paranoid, though, because his later ones say little, but sound good, or let's say neutral, enough. He seems like a possibility for the third, stay-in-the-shadows -wolf, but not utterly alarming. Quite neutral overall, I'd say. Off to read Shasta, then...
Old 02-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #336
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Shasta voted Nerwen, not Rikae.
Gosh, I knew there was something wrong with my count there. Thanks, I'll correct it right away.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #337
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
First, just to make sure it counts.

++Rikae

Because if Menel was wrong about this, he deserved to be killed.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:06 AM   #338
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Re-counting the votes gives us a tally of:

Shasta > Nerwen (Nerwen 1)
Rikae > Nerwen (Nerwen 2)
Nerwen > Rikae (Rikae 1, Nerwen 2)
Legate > Rikae (Rikae 2, Nerwen 2)
Sally > Nerwen (Rikae 2, Nerwen 3)
Gwath > Nerwen (Rikae 2, Nerwen 4)
Nogrod > Rikae (Rikae 3, Nerwen 4)
McCaber > Rikae (Rikae 4, Nerwen 4)

It's up to you LG - and how I do hope now you're not a wolf...

We can't have four wolves around and Farael promised there are no surprises (like cobblers). So I must say these votes really should be scrutinised toMorrow.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #339
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Shasta, then.

His first post says
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I suppose now one must wonder just why he was so adamantly against Rikae.
Even after that he seems to be supporting the theory of Rikae being a wolf. Then, when he casts his vote, he reasons it with
Quote:
Since I have to vote right now, for fear of modfire, and there are many others who believe Rikae to be guilty, I'm going to place another option up. A "just in case something turns up", but also someone I'm a bit suspicious of.

++Nerwen
Generally I don't understand people who vote for someone else than their top suspect unless it is not some special case (eg. saving an innocent from being lynched etc). His reasoning left me quite baffled.

Overall he looks somewhat suspicious, but not quite on the reddest zone or anything. I'll have the famous tight eye on him I suppose.

edit: x-ed with McCaber and Nog
Old 02-14-2008, 10:12 AM   #340
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

The flood continues.

Nog is either playing a very neat wolf or is an innocent. Nothing to quote, nothing that makes me suspect him. Should I call that suspicious? The only thing I'd like to bring up about him is his his constant underlining and certainty of that the wolves will kill him. Why exactly do you assume that, Nog, and why repeat it so much?

And, so that it is done, here comes my vote.

++ Rikae

For the reasons I stated earlier. Am I indeed the last one to vote?
Old 02-14-2008, 10:18 AM   #341
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I believe that Rikae's passionate defense of Mac yesterDay proclaims her innocence. She was acting (apologies, Rikae) REALLY REALLY agitated and distressed. Rikae is a good enough player that, were she a wolf, she would NEVER draw attention to herself in that way, because the chances are she would end up with everyone eying her suspiciously...as happened to day. A daring bluff? Maybe....but if so, she took it too far and it didn't work. I think she would have realized the consequences of making a fuss: people begin to look at you askance.

We've voted for someone obviously suspicious the last two Days, and it hasn't worked out. Let's try something different.

EDIT: NO! Crossed with LG. Oh well, I tried.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #342
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I believe that Rikae's passionate defense of Mac yesterDay proclaims her innocence. She was acting (apologies, Rikae) REALLY REALLY agitated and distressed. Rikae is a good enough player that, were she a wolf, she would NEVER draw attention to herself in that way, because the chances are she would end up with everyone eying her suspiciously...as happened to day. A daring bluff? Maybe....but if so, she took it too far and it didn't work. I think she would have realized the consequences of making a fuss: people begin to look at you askance.

We've voted for someone obviously suspicious the last two Days, and it hasn't worked out. Let's try something different.

EDIT: NO! Crossed with LG. Oh well, I tried.
Hi all. Didn't realize how far today was going to be extended, and I got out of Acting early, so I have the computer for about twenty minutes. Looks like everyone's voted.

Gwath, that's going to look extremely fishy tomorrow if Rikae turns out to be a wolf...
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #343
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Now, some thoughts.

Gwathagor, your reasoning looks flimsy to me. Menel was the seer, and spent all of Day2 attacking Rikae. He is too good of a player to do that without reason.

Rikae and Nerwen have been at each others' throats the entire game. Could this be designed, a wolf ploy for one to look innocent?

LG, must there always be an "in-the-shadows wolf"? That seems like an awkward strategy on the wolves' part, because when the crucial days come around I've noticed the quiet players being killed on principle quite often.

I must return to my studies, but I shall be here before Nightfall.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:49 AM   #344
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I might just try to look at this now. Yes we do not know the outcome but I'm as convinced on Rikae's guilt one can be in a ww-game unless a seer has openly revealed and then gotten killed & proved true. And anyhow we could try to spot the possible innocent(s) from there as we can't have four wolves.

Surely one wolf might have voted for Rikae as well but I can't believe there are two of them - or then this village is the most confused ever seen in the Barrow Downs.

Votes for Nerwen:
1. Shasta > Nerwen (Nerwen 1)
2. Rikae > Nerwen (Nerwen 2)

5. Sally > Nerwen (Rikae 2, Nerwen 3)
6. Gwath > Nerwen (Rikae 2, Nerwen 4)

Okay then.

Shasta
was the first to vote. He said:
Quote:
Since I have to vote right now, for fear of modfire, and there are many others who believe Rikae to be guilty, I'm going to place another option up. A "just in case something turns up", but also someone I'm a bit suspicious of.
Now this might be an innocent speaking here but still I think I'm smelling a rat here. This would be very safe indeed for a fellow wolf while not arousing too much suspicion (the early vote + the explanation) he still would have eased Rikae's struggle.

innocence-factor 20%

Rikae
voted for Nerwen because she had built up a case on her all the game and had managed to win many people to think her way about Nerwen. She has played magnificiently (I mean this is going to the lorebooks!) but Menel clearly had dreamt of her and that's the end of her story.

innocence-factor 1%

Sally
had this very wolfy-plan of lynching Nerwen toDay and leaving Rikae as the "safe bet" for toMorrow. But now if we managed to lynch Rikae only with votes 5-4 when there are 6 innocents and 3 wolves how could we have lynched her toMorrow with possibly 3 wolves and only 4 innocents left? There's also the point about Rikae shying away from voting Sally on Day2 and sacrificing Mac instead with a vote given so late no one could change the situation any more (poor Mac waited for her online the last minutes to vote and give him a chance... how evil!).

innocence-factor 15%

Gwath
I suspected already yesterDay as I have found his actions erratic and confusing (we just may have different logics or something). His last post about how impressed he was with Rikae's emotionally loaded performance kind of talks in favour of his innocence but not on behalf of his werewolf-wits. Sorry Gwath but I'm afraid you have been fooled this time. Good players like Rikae can pull anything out from their hats - it has been seen many times before. And Gwath's logic is misguided at least in the sense that Rikae had no other chance: being hunted monomaniacally by the revealed seer leaves one with only a few options... So a misguided ordo or a wolf?

innocence-factor 30%

What's your take on this? That's my opinion.

Btw. this doesn't mean the Rikae-voters should be considered safe either. A witty wolf would cease the day if s/he saw innocents making bad decisions and voting for the non-wolf and thence voting for her/his mate just to gain credibility for the last Days. It would be wise indeed.

But speculating about the wolves here should be left for toMorrow as we are then 100% sure about Rikae and see whom the wolves have taken out from the equiation during the Night.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #345
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
LG, must there always be an "in-the-shadows wolf"? That seems like an awkward strategy on the wolves' part, because when the crucial days come around I've noticed the quiet players being killed on principle quite often.
Oh well. I didn't mean exactly that in my post with the "in-the-shadows wolf". Let me clarify my point. I suspect Rikae and maybe Nerwen are wolves and of the third I have no idea. The third is most likely someone not really looked at, someone not especially quiet maybe but someone who isn't considered at all, or not much, in the late discussion. That's what I meant with my "stay-in-the-shadows -wolf". Sorry for the confusion.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #346
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So Rikae Will die toDay. Should I just tell you all what she was?

Of course not, you have two hours of wondering whether you made the right choice or not before the deadline
Old 02-14-2008, 12:21 PM   #347
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, I did my best to help you, and if just one had seen reason, it would have worked.
Lynching an ordo toDay means the wolves only have to decieve one ordo toMorrow. Good luck, you'll need it...
Old 02-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #348
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks, LG. That clears up some thoughts for me.

I think toDay was productive. One wolf (hopefully) down, several suspects flushed out. I will see you all (hopefully, again) on the morrow.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:39 PM   #349
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Ah well, good luck (to some of you) -- I've done what I can, though my fate was sealed before day 1 started, I think.

I will say one thing -- that was *not* acting, by the fur on my muzzle! I don't like seeing an innocent Macalaure persecuted in any case. Post #205 comes straight from my evil little heart.

And sorry, Farael...
Old 02-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #350
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
END OF DAY

Alright, Rikae's dead. I'll have a suitable death scene up in a little bit.

Legate
Nogrod
McCaber
Sally
Gwathagor
A Little Green
Nerwen
Shasta

Dead:
Roa: Eaten by werewolves, or otherwise gone missing
Farael: Killed by a convenient plot-twist
Aganzir: Squished into non-existance inside a d2
Loomy: May not be dead, but she's sure too far from the game to be of much help
Macalaure: Lynched old-fashion way
Meneltarmacil: Lost to the whims of the GM
Rikae

The Tally
2 wolves

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:03 PM   #351
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

This is aggravating! This time I have no (proper) excuses, I just lost track of time. This week is a little crazy at school, and my times are a little all over the place. Heres the narration.

Rikae had a plan. It was brilliant, it was risky but the chances of nailing whom she was looking for were rather high. Of course, it would draw some danger and suspicion her way, but which adventurer wouldn’t gladly put her life at risk to further her own goals? That’s almost the definition of an adventurer anyway.

She ‘latched on’ to Macalaure hoping for the best. Of course, should Mac be her target she’d be in trouble, but what were the odds? Not to mention that specially on the first few days no-one would have much idea of who anyone else was, and should Macalaure decide not to play ball, Rikae could’ve easily changed plans and quieted accusations by claiming it was the first-few-days’ haze that had her confused.

Then Menel happened. “Accursed insane adventurer!” She thought to herself. Of course, she would not betray her thoughts to the rest of the folks trapped in the Barrow “Can’t you see what I am trying to do here? Can’t you see this is all for your own good? The writing is on the wall and you are blind, blind to it

The moods of the mob were fickle, Rikae knew, just the day before Macalaure had been gruesomely lynched. It had proven to her benefit that Mac had been just an ordo, as she suspected all along, but now the tides of fate were turning and she was on the spotlight.

“Nothing to fear” she thought “I have prepared for this moment” and she launched herself into an eloquent defence of herself and accusation of a more suitable target. It was the moment of truth, the point where her plan would come to fruition or come crashing down in flames. She endeavoured hard, she expressed, pointed out, claimed... but to no avail.

When the votes were tallied up, she was to be the one to die that day.
“Wait, I can explain” she said wearily “It was all a plan, this is for the best...”
“Oh, no you don’t! Fool us once shame on you, fool us twice shame on us too!” Said A Little Green as she lunged at Rikae with a sword.

A Little Green had never been much of a swordswoman, but this time her luck held (or Rikae’s ran out) and she pierced the poor woman’s heart. Rikae never got a chance to explain how her plan would’ve helped the adventurers.

So, you are probably wondering “What happened to Farael? His narration is not funny!“ and for most of you it is not. However, for me and the Two remaining wolves, it is probably amusing to imagine the rest of you reading all of this without quite figuring out whether Rikae was an ordo with a plan or a wolf with delusions that somehow, eating everyone would help them. I should take a moment to say “Rikae you are an awfully cunning monster. If I hadn’t been the Mod I would’ve had some serious doubts about what to do. Good job.”

The Living:
Legate
Nogrod
McCaber
Sally
Gwathagor
A Little Green
Nerwen
Shasta

The Dead:
Rikae: WOLF dead because of her cunning plan of world-domination (or at the very least, adventurer-snacking)

The Tally
2 wolves

The notice: The next game Day will start at the regular time, the wolves will NOT be allowed to PM during the first hours of the day, as they think it that a shortened night will be enough to suit their plotting.

Last edited by Farael; 02-14-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:01 AM   #352
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

A Little Green was feeling quite proud of herself. After all, she had a pivotal role in getting rid of Rikae the Wolf and that meant that she’d have at least one more day to live. Let’s face it, who would vote for her now?

Meanwhile, there were two adventurers who did not feel nearly as joyous. They had felt nigh invincible for a couple of nights, but now they had lost one of their number. That would not do, the night called for some special treatment.

The first thought in most villagers’ mind when they woke up was “wonderful, I am not dead”. Their second thought in most cases was “What the...”. The whole room was painted a lovely pink. It was Sally who found a note. It read

You may have gotten one of us, but before then we got three of you. You cannot win, might as well give up. In the mean time, I hope you enjoy A Little... Pink

The Living:
Legate
Nogrod
McCaber
Sally
Gwathagor
Nerwen
Shasta

The Dead:
Rikae: WOLF dead because of her cunning plan of world-domination (or at the very least, adventurer-snacking)
A Little Green: Dyed... the walls a lovely pink.

The Tally
2 wolves
Old 02-15-2008, 09:04 AM   #353
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Well...I'll be the first one to say it: I got completely duped, and now I look REALLY suspicious.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #354
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

At last! We got one.

...But I am in total awe of Rikae. The Seer had all but tattooed "Wolf" on her forehead– and she came this close to talking her way out of it. I'm glad I wasn't around near the deadline– that would have been horribly nerveracking.

And thanks, Little Green. R.I.P.

Edit: X'd with Gwathagor.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:23 AM   #355
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Well...I'll be the first one to say it: I got completely duped, and now I look REALLY suspicious.
That you do. But cheer up, Gwath, there's somebody who looks even worse than you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Still....there's the whole "Rikae's pretty much been handed to us on a silver platter" thing to consider....ack, what to do, what to do....

But....I think Rikae can wait until the next Day, since she's in my opinion more exposed and therefore less of a threat (meaning there's less of a chance she can escape a lynch toMorrow). So my thought is, let's lynch:

++Nerwen

today and get it over with.
Is it just that I'm biased, or is that one of the most twisted pieces of reasoning of all time: "Rikae's almost certainly a wolf... so let's lynch someone else!"

I mean, what?
Old 02-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #356
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Maybe one of the remaining two wolves hid amongst the Rikae voters? Is that too far-fetched?
Old 02-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #357
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Such as...Legate...for example, of course.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #358
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Maybe one of the remaining two wolves hid amongst the Rikae voters? Is that too far-fetched?
Not at all. It's what you'd expect...

Only, yesterDay's votes were very strange.

After killing Menel, the wolves would have assumed Rikae would get lynched– it was worth it to them to get the Seer– and one or both of them would have voted her. Then she put up such an incredible fight that she started to sway people. It's possible that both her packmates changed their minds and took the risk of trying to save her.

I say this because I can hardly believe so many people honestly decided not to vote her, when there was such a case against her.

Edit: X'd with Gwathagor.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #359
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Well, after seeing yesterDay's events, I must say it was quite close and in any case, Rikae indeed quite succeeded in her misleading tactics. With this, I would like to point out that given our numbers, this shows how dangerous the voting may be, and since there are two wolves among us, their votes have large weight. It is of question whether there were (except for Rikae) one, two or no votes among Nerwen-voters. Personally I don't think they'd dare to vote all for Nerwen, on the other hand, given the close result of the vote, it may be possible. Anyway, after this I am inclined to think better of Nerwen, as she was the only other candidate against Rikae and Rikae herself voted her. Well, technically, there is of course the possibility of both them being wolves, but I don't think it much sure and Nerwen did not seem much suspicious to me this far. However, the same way, Rikae being a Wolf confirms my suspicions of Sally whom I now think as another Wolf, based on their seeming connection with Rikae, as it was said earlier.

And LG's death - well, personally I don't recall her posting much, did she? I am going to go through her posts to try to see if we can find what might have been the cause for her death.

EDIT: x-ed since Nerwen's second post
Old 02-15-2008, 10:21 AM   #360
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

It's worth a try, but I imagine she was just a safe kill at that point.

I have to go now. I'm be back later in the Day. Good luck.