The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2003, 03:41 PM   #81
Rosolas
Animated Skeleton

Rosolas has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Hello Everyone! My name is Rosolas, and this is my first post on this site. You will probably guess who my favourite LoTR character is by my name. I made it up with the beginning of my own name and the end of his!!

I hope to have a good time around this site. I have looked around the site and seems ok up to now.

Happy posting!!!!
Rosolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 06:05 PM   #82
ruby_gardener

Tolkien

Hey I have chatted on this site for quite a while, so I decided I would join. I love LOTR, and know quite a bit about it so I'm sure I'll fit right in. I hade one question though, non Tolkien related. How do you put up an avatar? If you could tell me I would be most thankful.
Old 01-04-2003, 06:20 PM   #83
Benny

Pipe

Hello, i am new here and i love tolkiens works! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2003, 03:42 AM   #84
goofygurl101

Thumbs up

HI I AM NEW AND THIS SITE IS REALLY WICKED!! GREAT STUFF!!! YEAH AND I LOVE DOMINIC AND BILLY AND ORLANDO!!! WOOHOOO [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2003, 11:40 AM   #85
FarathrimMaiden
Pile O'Bones

FarathrimMaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hi everyone, i am new here although i used to come here aboout a year ago under a different name which i cant remember so i cant use that name any more since the e-mail addy i had then i no longer use either. So now i am back as a differnet name and i never came much to begin with so i am quite new~ hope to stay here a while though i love this site

*Frodo most certainly does live.*

"Will you look into my mirror?"
"What will I see?"
FarathrimMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 12:33 PM   #86
gilraën
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

gilraën has just left Hobbiton.
Hi fellow Tolkien lovers. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2003, 12:46 PM   #87
Finnguala
Wight

Finnguala has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi,

-> NeW mEmBeR <- [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

This IS a great site!!!!!!! Still need to find out how exactly the Elvish learning thingy works... could some1 please tell me how to get started? I've asked for it but some people over there got really angry, cos I started new topics... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Oh yeah: Aragorn is MINE [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2003, 05:47 PM   #88
Sindafalathiel
Haunting Spirit

Sindafalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sindafalathiel
Sting

Just som random info, though I can't imagine why anyone would care...
Saruman was wreaking havoc on my neighborhood a while ago...it was snowing. hard.
"My Legions of Terror will be an equal-opportunity employer. Conversely, when it is prophesied that no man can defeat me, I will keep in mind the increasing number of non-traditional gender roles." ~The Evil Overlord List
Sindafalathiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 06:00 PM   #89
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yet again welcome everyone. It was snowing? It's not fair!(aren't I so mature) Everyone gets snow except us!
Old 01-05-2003, 06:15 PM   #90
Rosegirl8745

Sting

Hey, I'm new too...well I signed up yesterday [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] WOW Lilebria!!! You know like 6 languages!!! Are you a linguist? Maybe you should start working on Tolkien's Elven language next? That would be neat!!
Old 01-05-2003, 06:18 PM   #91
Rosegirl8745

Sting

*sigh* I wish it would snow here...and look like the mountains in FoTR...except no Saruman trying to kill you, hehe. I looove mountains.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:43 PM   #92
Brooke624

Sting

*A small blonde haired and blue eyed Hobbit walks into the town with a small bag next to her. She smiles to you as she places her little bag down.*
"Hello," she say in a solf voice. "I am Rosamunda Whitfoot from Whitfurrows. Thats just down the path a few paces. You can call me Rosa for short Rosamunda is a awful lot to remember."

*She straighten out her blue dress and then looks back to you.*

"As I said before I am new to town. I have read over you town rules (FAQ) and I seem to have a good understanding of who's who and whats what. however, i'm not sure how to work things or a good spot to go. Anyone know of a good hole thats up for sale? I think I might be spending some time here."

*She smiles and waits for an answer.*
Old 01-06-2003, 03:19 AM   #93
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Rosamunda, it sounds like you're interested in role-playing! The place to look for that is (appropriately for you) the Shire forum. Read the Red Book and the various RPGs that are already being written to see if that's what you would like to do. If so, you can introduce your character in the Green Dragon and ask about an RPG that you can join in. Whatever you choose, enjoy it! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 06:02 AM   #94
Willowwater

Pipe

Hello,I am Willowwater.I like the Tolkien books and I have a dragon named Skydiamond.I have many aliases such as Biscuit,SLM,Scarylibrarybiscuit,Shortcake,Charlie Brown(Don't ask),Emmy Greatest Writer Ever(My friend called me that once,I DID NOT MAKE IT UP!!),That Little Squit From Browning and 'Howwibul!'
That is about it.Goodbye *does evil Ann Robinson winky thing*
Old 01-06-2003, 06:23 AM   #95
riel

Silmaril

i'm from the philippines... i like roleplaying a lot... pathetic...
really... i can't think of anything more to say off character
Old 01-06-2003, 06:27 AM   #96
riel

White-Hand

i am an ainu trying to learn and speak Quenyan... dumb as can be... a healer and guardian
Old 01-06-2003, 08:13 AM   #97
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Welcome everyone! If you enjoy role playing, come down to the Shire, take a look at the Red Book with the important guidelines, and introduce yourself in the Green Dragon Inn. Also, we have a new game up that is looking for players called The Hobbit's Gift, and expect to have several more this month. You can read the discussion thread.

But please make sure and read the guidelines. We're trying to create stories where folks have fun and everyone improves their writing and gaming abilities.

Also, for someone who asked about the avatars, look in the FAQ thread within this forum.

sharon
Old 01-06-2003, 02:48 PM   #98
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi Trahald, Sindae, Rosolas, ruby_gardener, EKSTREME Tolkien-fan, Mary, FarathrimMaiden, Finnguala, Sindafalathiel, Rose of Ents, Rosamunda Whitfoot from Whitfurrows, Willowwater, and Maegatariel. Welcome to the downs! Post well.

Quote:
Still need to find out how exactly the Elvish learning thingy works...
What Elvish thingy? Always try the search function or/and check out the faq. People might have gotten mad if it is a question that has been asked too many times before. Have fun. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ January 06, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Imladris ]
Old 01-06-2003, 04:57 PM   #99
Merri
Wight

Merri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Welcome, everyone!!
Old 01-06-2003, 05:39 PM   #100
Artalwen
Haunting Spirit

Artalwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Artalwen
Sting

*A tall, deep red headed elf walks up to the group.*

"Hallo, my name is Artalwen. I am an elf, as you may be able to tell..." she breaks off, grinning, then continues..."I am new here, I've been exploring a bit, trying to find a niche...hopefully we all can become great friends!"

*She picks up the front part of her dark forest green dress which drags on the ground, and finds a seat to sit in.*
The flowering stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon fire, in twisted wire
They meshed the light of moon and sun."
-verse from a song found in 'The Hobbit'-
Artalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 06:09 PM   #101
The Human Of Our Time
Pile O'Bones

The Human Of Our Time has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

We are new here, yes Precious.
I'm new to this site and I like it a lot. I just finished reading The Two Towers this weekend and started The Return of the King. I'm a big fan now of the book, and the movie.
Great site!
The Human Of Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 06:11 PM   #102
arwen baranhir

Sting

*female, straight black haired elf walks in*
hi!
i am baranhir(yes, the name generator) i am realatively new, so um...hi. not much to say but I LOVE ARAGORN!! he is so mine [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2003, 06:26 PM   #103
Brooke624

Sting

"Yes I like to roleplay some. Not to go at story type thing, better at stuff around da hobbit hole [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] "
Old 01-06-2003, 06:47 PM   #104
arwen baranhir

Silmaril

i love this site! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
ARAGORN ROCKS
Old 01-06-2003, 07:58 PM   #105
Sword Maiden Of The Shire
Animated Skeleton

Sword Maiden Of The Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I'm obsessively in love with The Lord Of The Rings!! It's the best set of books and movies ever!! I love this site!!
HOBBITS RULE!! ESPECIALLY FRODO!!
---------------------------------
"That settles it! Short cuts make delays but inns make longer ones!" ~Frodo~
Sword Maiden Of The Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 12:13 PM   #106
Peacepoet

Sting

Hello all. I have been visiting the Barrow Downs for over a year but have just now decided to come to the forum. I love the works of Tolkien and the movies that have been created from them.

And although I am 30 years old and a mother of two....

Orlando Bloom intrigues me.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:47 PM   #107
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hi Artalwen, Sméagol, arwen baranhir (are we related somehow?), Sword Maiden Of The Shire, and Peacepoet Dragonfly. Welcome to the downs. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2003, 06:57 PM   #108
Nonesuch
Pile O'Bones

Nonesuch has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hello all! Just posting a little note to introduce myself.
Old 01-07-2003, 07:41 PM   #109
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Well, as I joined yesterday, I'd best introduce myself. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I've been a fan of Tolkien's works since the age of 10 (many moons ago) when we read The Hobbit at school. So, of course, The Lord of the Rings soon followed ... what a book! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I was prompted to read it again last year (for the fourth time) after seeing the first film (I loved the film but needed to reaquaint myself with the real story). It just gets better each time I read it.

And since the internet had come into existence in the intervening years, I started looking for Tolkien sites ... and, well, here I am.

This really is an amazing site - so many people, so many Tolkien fans, so many weird and wonderful views ...

... and as for my name? Well, I am currently reading Enid Blyton's The Enchanted Wood (my favourite book, pre-The Hobbit) to my 5 year old daughter. Since there are so many great Middle Earth names here already, I thought I'd assume the name of the best character. I can't wait to read my daughter The Hobbit in a few year's time. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

It's great to meet you all, and thanks to those responsible for such a great site.

Bye for now. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2003, 07:49 PM   #110
lanrete
Pile O'Bones

lanrete has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi Everyone,

I've recently become a fan of the LOTR books after watching the films. The movies were ok, but the books were the best I've ever read.
lanrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 08:43 PM   #111
Rosemary Took

Sting

Hello all! I'm new here and let me introduce myself, my name is Rosemary Took. I've just finished the books and this is the first Tolkien related site that I've joined and it ROCKS!!

Ok I've got a question. What is roleplaying exactly?? I've never heard of it and people keep saying how you should join and all that, is it a game or what? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] well just glad to be a part of this site!
Old 01-07-2003, 09:46 PM   #112
Miss Pippin

Sting

Hullo everyone! I'm new here...blah, blah, blah. I really like this place and wanted to join this forum....and I did. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Anyway I hope that I'm welcomed and everything. I do have one question though. Does anyone know where I can find some good LotR avatars?? I'm mainly looking for some Pippin ones. He is my absolute favorite. Obviously.:P
Old 01-08-2003, 03:12 AM   #113
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Welcome to all newcomers! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I see a couple of you (Peacepoet, Saucepan Man, others?) who look like you could be long-time Tolkien readers. You might like to read the Tolkien Coming of Age Club thread which was started for all who have been fans for longer than 18 years. (Anyone slightly under that arbitrary number is still welcome - it's not the number that matters, but the sharing of experiences.)
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 08:09 AM   #114
val

1420!

hi everyone!!! i am a newbie and i gotta say i really like this site innit great?!?! i also wanted to say that i luuuuuuurve LOTR (both book and movies) and i luuuurve Merry and Pippin---especially Pippin *wink wink* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] nah but isnt Billy Boyd jus adorable especially that scotish accent...ahhhh i could listen to him talk all day it would be a riot!!! and he an Dominic are so funny!!!

n e ways thas all i wanted to say to everyone so cya round and hope to chat with u ppls especially ppls who luurve Billy and Dom as much as i do [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

buh byes 4 now!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
luv MonKeyBuTT
Old 01-08-2003, 11:31 AM   #115
Nightmare

Sting

Hiya.

I have always been a fan or Lord Of The Rings. my knowledge on the subject is not really upto the standard of you guys and gals.

I hope to be able to talk with a lot of you not only on the subject of LotR but on many other subjects too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2003, 12:37 PM   #116
Deathless One

Sting

Hi!
This is my very first post here. I stumbled onto this sight by accident a few days ago and decided to join.
Old 01-08-2003, 01:50 PM   #117
Rachair1

Silmaril

[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I]Elen sila lumenn omentilmo[/I]
Hello i thought i should intrduce myself justo that people know that i am around really i have lots of questions and i hope that the barrow downs wil help me
Lissenen ar' maska'lalaith tenna' lye omentuva luv Amrun'quessir (Sun Elf)
Old 01-08-2003, 02:16 PM   #118
Peregrin Brandybuck

Ring

Hi everyone. Like most people here, I stumbled upon this site a while ago. I enjoy visiting the site, so I decided to join the fourms. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2003, 02:40 PM   #119
Ravnmyst

Silmaril

Just stopping in to say hi. I've been a Tolkien fan for years. I first read the Hobbit when I was in grade school (not sure how old I was at the time). I'm rereading the LotR right now, since seeing the movies has rekindled my interest.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:43 PM   #120
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Welcome one and all! Most of you here have been reading Tolkien longer than I have (yes, I admit it, it was the movies which got me into it) but still, I may not be able to join in with the highly intelligent discussions, but the rest of them are certainly fun, if nothing else.