The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2007, 12:51 AM   #321
Crystal Cobweb

Thank you for your help Child of the 7th Age! Post is up... and red it is . Haha, seriously though, I will stick to golden, white I agree is odd.

Kath, Jadelen will find Cir in the next post, or Jadelen could be looking around and catch Cir's eye! Just a suggestion.. but I'll put my next post up soon, but will read your post and see where you are Kath, or at least where Cir is.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, it is much appreciated.
~ Crystal Cobweb

Last edited by Crystal Cobweb; 02-14-2007 at 01:02 AM.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:59 PM   #322
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry that I haven't been posting...i got grounded then my pc crashed...I know that I haven't posted in a very long time!! But, I will be able to--I hope--tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:35 AM   #323
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
I've also been a laggard! The dialogue between Mormegil's dwarf and Tollers is stalled. I spoke with Mormegil briefly in a pm. I am going ahead and doing a post that takes Tollers away from the table and frees up the dwarf to speak wih whoever he wants.

Mänwe - did you want to go ahead and talk with the Dwarf which you mentioned at the end of your post?

If you don't do that, should we get the scene with the children going? Would that be alright, Folwren .
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:00 AM   #324
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Manwe should go ahead and get his post going, if he can.

But at the same time, Tevildo, you and I can start to write with the kids, if you like. I may be able to get a post up sometime this week, and I'll see how I can deal with it...

-- Folwren
Old 02-24-2007, 05:23 PM   #325
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
NAME: Sydney Rumble

RACE: hobbit

WEAPONS: none, has pocketknife

APPEARANCE: green eyes, freckly face, shoulder length curly dark brown hair

PESONALITY/STRENGTH/WEAKNESS: cheery lass, superb sewing skills, great with children, always ready to lend a hand. She wants to learn about people and the world but highly naïve as she’s been kept at home.

HISTORY: born and raised in the little village, Willowbottom, she is the oldest daughter and third child of Falco and Fern Rumble. The Rumble family has owned a timber lot selling felled trees from Wood End for many generations. Sydney has spent her whole life helping her mother care for the younger siblings and the home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted to Character List ~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-26-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:06 PM   #326
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
Tolkien

Tevildo and Folwren, I'll post ahead then if I may. I apologise for my absence, i've been helping some friends with their website. Of course, if Morm is still willing to continue with the idea.
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)
Old 02-25-2007, 03:15 PM   #327
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Folwren -

If you go ahead with the kids, I'll follow with another post....

Manwe -

Sounds good.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:29 PM   #328
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm still game. I need to write a quick message to Bilbo but I don't mind if I'm interupted so to speak. Kuric isn't the most intelligent dwarf and doesn't do his letters very well.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:31 PM   #329
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tevildo,

I'll try to get a post up tomorrow. I think it was last week that I began to write up a character description, but I left work before I finished, and I never picked it up again. But tomorrow I will and then I'll write a post and we can start moving...

-- Folwren
Old 02-26-2007, 08:35 AM   #330
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Could another "child" join in? Given my screename, I could not resist this.

I'll be glad to do a profile.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:01 AM   #331
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yes! The more the merrier! I believe there were eight of them - ages 3 months to 12 years. I get one of the middle ones!

Who all has claimed one? Tevildo, Manwe, Child, and myself? That will probably be enough, but if someone else wants in, we can have another. Here are some proposed ages:
12 Years old
11 Years old
9 Years old
8 Years old
7 Years old
And 3 Months.

That's tight, especially the 7, 8, and 9 year olds, but I guess that's pretty much what it'll take to have 8 kids in 12 years. Yikes.

Anyhow, it won't take long for me to finish up my character description.

-- Folwren
Old 02-26-2007, 09:12 AM   #332
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

POSTED TO DISCUSSION THREAD CHARACTER LIST, POST #2 ~*~ Pio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Double posting, I know, but here's the character description.

NAME: Lil (short for Lilac)

RACE: Hobbit

APPEARANCE: Lil is very short and somewhat round. She has bright, starry eyes that are somewhere between the colors of green and brown. Her hair is light brown and is extremely curly - the length of it is difficult to tell. If the curls are pulled out, it would probably reach to the bottom of her shoulder blades, but the curls curl so tightly, that it really comes to the nape of her neck, giving her head a very round, very adorable appearance.
She wears the simple hobbit garb that is usual - a dress whose skirt comes a little below the knee, over a white blouse type shirt, and she runs barefoot, of course.

PERSONALITY: Mostly, she’s bubbly and mischievous. She is the fourth child of eight kids and is apt to go wherever her older siblings lead, regardless or not of whether it is a good thing to do or not. She doesn’t think much on her own yet (think in advance, anyway). She is not at all shy or backwards, instead she’s extremely outgoing, is very easily humored, and seems to get into everything at once - like many of her other siblings, I imagine.

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-26-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #333
Child of the 7th Age

POSTED TO DISCUSSION THREAD CHARACTER LIST - POST# 2 ~*~ Pio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder about the poor mother. Actually, I know a number of wonderful families with 5-7 children, but I haven't ever met someone with 12!

Could I have the eleven year old?

NAME: Tolman....generally known as Tom

APPEARANCE: A lanky sort of lad, which is unusual for a hobbit. He is relatively lean and tall with a mop of brown curls. He has bright blue eyes and usually goes about with his hands stuck in his pockets to sort through the various treasures that he has acquired during the day. His pants and shirt are stained and a bit too small, since his mum has trouble outfitting so many children at once.

PERSONALITY: He's quieter than most hobbit lads and a bit cowed by his older sibling who always insists on taking the lead. Tom has a bad habit of borrowing things from others without telling them what he's doing. He has no intention of keeping the item and always returns it to its owner. So far, he has managed to get away with this behavior without anyone finding out what he's doing. even his own siblings. How long this streak of luck will last, no one can really say....

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-26-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:09 AM   #334
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age
I wonder about the poor mother. Actually, I know a number of wonderful families with 5-7 children, but I haven't ever met someone with 12!
Well, there are 8 here, if that comforts you. I know a couple families with 8 kids, but I don't believe I've ever met any with 8 born in 12 years. And I actually know a family that has 12 children. Have you ever read Cheaper by the Dozen? It's a hilarious book by two kids (well, they were adults when they wrote the book) out of a family of 12 children...

Your Tom certainly looks interesting. Should his older sibling be a girl or boy, do you think? Or should we leave that to whoever claims it?

-- Folwren
Old 02-26-2007, 11:41 AM   #335
Child of the 7th Age

If someone claims the older child, they can decide. If no one does, then we can decide. I think that will work.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #336
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

I don't know if I'll be on much for a time...i don't know how long though...a really, really close friend of mine died yesterday... so i'm not going to be on my computer much....
Old 02-27-2007, 03:02 AM   #337
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I am so sorry about your friend. Take the time you need and we will be here when you are ready to return. Until then I will keep you inmy thoughts.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 02-27-2007, 06:49 AM   #338
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Forest Elf - I'm very sorry. I'll do a line or two that resolves our conversation.

I'd also like to do a child. If it's alright, I'll do the elder sibling.....a strong willed girl, who is a bit bossy. If that's alright, I'll put up a profile later today.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:21 AM   #339
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Thank you, Milthalwen and Tevildo.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:13 AM   #340
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

My greatest sympathies are with you, too, Forest Elf. I hope you're doing alright.

------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevildo
I'd also like to do a child. If it's alright, I'll do the elder sibling.....a strong willed girl, who is a bit bossy. If that's alright, I'll put up a profile later today.
That's fine, Tevildo. I was expecting for you to have one of them. An oldest sister sounds great.

-- Folwren
Old 03-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #341
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Thank you, Folwren. I have been able to hang on...somehow...
Old 03-03-2007, 11:47 PM   #342
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

POSTED TO DISCUSSION THREAD CHARACTER LIST (post #2) ~*~ Pio

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My character's profile....

NAME: Daisy

APPEARANCE: Daisy is of average height for a young hobbit lass with blue eyes and a mop of brown curls. She has a ready smile and polite manner, which she uses to her advantage when she is dealing with her parents and other adult hobbits.

PERSONALITY: Daisy is generally bright and good hearted, though she can also be a little stubborn. This can be seen in her dealings with her brothers and sisters. As the oldest sibling of the group, Daisy sometimes considers herself to be their "surrogate mother". She doesn't hesitate to tell her brothers and sisters what to do. This sometimes creates friction, especially with her brother Tom who is only a year younger than her. Daisy will go along with her brother's mischief and even instigate a prank or two, but will usually manage to wiggle out at the last moment to keep herself from being punished.

Last edited by piosenniel; 03-04-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:06 PM   #343
Crystal Cobweb

I really want to apologise for my sudden disappearance without any notice. A week and a half ago I was in a car accident, and was in hospital due to kidney and head injuries. I am all right and alive (well… ). I do apologise though, but obviously it was out of my control. May the RPGing go on.

~Crystal Cobweb

Old 03-10-2007, 08:33 PM   #344
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

I'm sorry to read that. I hope you get better soon and glad that you're alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Cobweb
I really want to apologise for my sudden disappearance without any notice. A week and a half ago I was in a car accident, and was in hospital due to kidney and head injuries. I am all right and alive (well… ). I do apologise though, but obviously it was out of my control. May the RPGing go on.

~Crystal Cobweb
Old 03-12-2007, 08:14 AM   #345
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Tevildo, Child.... are we ready to start writing for the kids now? I know that it won't be time to interact with the dwarf for quite some time, but perhaps we'd like to get a feel for the characters and...cause trouble for the rest of the inn.

-- Folwren
Old 03-20-2007, 11:51 AM   #346
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sounds good to me....

Did you have something specific in mind?
Old 03-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #347
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm actually writing a post right now. What was their last name?

Nothing in particular in mind. They'll discover something to stick their noses into, I'm sure.

-- Folwren
Old 03-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #348
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay! Post placed. Take it away, Child and Tevildo!

The children go like thus:

Daisy - 12
Tom - 11
??? - 9
Lil - 8
Iris - 7
Bill - 5
Meg - 3
Begonia - 3 months

Don't ask me why I chose Begonia for the baby's name...yikes.

-- Folwren
Old 03-26-2007, 04:23 PM   #349
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Name: Elorn

Race: Man

Weapons: Sword and a small dagger.

Appearance: Six feet tall and thin. Dark brown - almost black – hair and hazel eyes.

Personality: Reasonably quiet, hard to anger but when angered is likely to be hasty, usually easily amused.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- Finduilas ---

I've placed a link for your character HERE on the Golden Perch Discussion thread's Player/Character list.

Please feel free to bring your character into the Inn Thread.

~*~ Pio, Shire Moderator

Last edited by piosenniel; 03-27-2007 at 02:03 AM.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:55 PM   #350
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Here's an apology to Mith for my huge procrastination in the Golden Perch post...I promised to do it weeks ago and kept pushing it aside. Anyway onto more recent news...I was hospitilized yesterday (no I wasn't turned into a hospital )...chest pains being the big problem and the doc wondering why I did not have a heart attack as my blood pressure was absolutely horrendous. Im sincerely going to try to get a post up tomorrow, as I'll have a whole day of relaxation (hopefully)...although I have been warned that BP medicine often has strange side effects so I really have no idea how I'm going to react to it. Sorry again for my procrastination here.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:49 AM   #351
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh, Boromir! I am so sorry to hear it! I hope your blood pressure is back to normal and you cease to have chest problems. That is awful.

My best wishes to you.

-- Folwren
Old 03-29-2007, 10:40 AM   #352
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Boromir, just get well ..don't let this add to your stress levels. Your health is far more important

Old 03-30-2007, 02:09 PM   #353
MaskedNicci
Pile O'Bones

Location: At that in-between place between fantasy and reality - between grown-up and child.
MaskedNicci has just left Hobbiton.
OOohh...forgive me if I do this wrong. I've never RPed an Elf before!

Name: Alassë

Age: [Since she is an elf, I am unsure how to go about this. She looks about 26 to a human's eyes.]

Race: Elf

Weapons: Bow and small quiver of arrows. Not the finest of craft, but still beautifully made. Small dagger which she keeps hidden.

Appearance: As ordinarily beautiful as other elves, her dark hair is pulled back away from her face to ensure optimal sight of her surroundings. Her face is beautiful, but her blue-grey eyes are oft squinted in suspicion and curiosity. She wears a dark-coloured cloak about her shoulders, drawn forward to cover up the muddy traveling clothes.

Personality: Untrusting and dramatic, Alassë seems intent on having a grandeur adventure. She doesn't readily admit much, fearing some strange sort of discovery that is as yet, unnamed. Outwardly serious and often sulking in a corner, Alassë secretly wishes someone would oppose and eventually befriend her. A companion on her journey would be more than pleasant, it would fend off the insanity of being alone for extended periods of time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

MaskedNicci - your character bio is now on the player/character list for the Inn (HERE - Post #2).

Go ahead and bring Alassë into the Inn thread.

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 03-31-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:59 AM   #354
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Letting Boromir off the hook....

In have arranged with Boro that the elves will continue their friendship with Edric later on and in the mean time I will post to extricate Cir from their conversation - but I will probably hang fire a day or so and see what Kath and Crystal Cobweb have planned.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:04 AM   #355
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Eep! My apologies. I had entirely forgotten that I was next in line to post. I'll try to get one up tonight but I have a lot of catching up to do so it may be tomorrow.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:39 PM   #356
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Haha! Directions to Farmer Maggots? Well, Finduilas, I'll have to look at a map before I make a replying post and tonight's not a good night to do so.

MaskedNicci, welcome to the inn. Your character looks fine and your entrance is good, too. I will get around to perhaps addressing your character shortly, too. And then perhaps Alasse (with two dots over the 'e') and Elorn can meet, after Dick's out of the way.

-- Folwren
Old 04-07-2007, 06:59 PM   #357
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Folwren, you could offer to take the message for him . Just joking of course, but you could just get a map.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:25 AM   #358
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

There. Post placed.

Finduilas and MaskedNicci, I've given you both something to write about. Don't disappoint me.

-- Folwren
Old 04-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #359
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Have we heard from Manwe recently?
Old 04-10-2007, 07:24 PM   #360
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

No, I have not. I think I PMed him a while back, but it seems that he at least opened it...I'll check, but that would have been the last movement of life I'd seen from him recently.

I checked his profile and it just says "Offline", it doesn't say when he was last on.

-- Folwrne