The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-17-2003, 04:24 PM   #1
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting Arwen is Going Where?!

In that little Arwen sequence in ttt, she walks away with her little cape thing and looks back. At first I thought she was going to fight someplace and help somebody. then I thought she was going to the Grey Havens. Is she gonna go and be like, "What the heck am I doing here? I love that guy!" (I know who aragorn is, mind you.) and run back? I think thats it. Anyone else want to take a crack at it?
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 04:42 PM   #2
Elven-Maiden
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elven-Maiden has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I don't think she'll go on the boat. (I've read the book, so I know she's not <I>supposed</I> to, but you never know what PJ will do.<P>I have a sneaky suspicion she's either going to do as you say, or she's actually on her way to Aragorn now, but we won't find out about it until later to build suspense.

Mobilis in Mobile
Elven-Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 07:37 PM   #3
VercingetoriX

Sting

Yes I think she was going to the havens in aqualonde or whatever. If the current plot adherence trend continues, she will probably sail away and bring back Fingolfin who will remember some ancient allince with rohan and bring a host of elves, all of whom will be slaughtered at Minas Tirith....It wouldnt surprise me at all!
Old 01-17-2003, 09:53 PM   #4
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

It seems to be the general consensus that she will turn up in Rohan with Anduril and Aragorn's banner instead of the Dunedain ...<P>... probably with an Elven army ...<P>... and by the looks of those she set off from Rivendell with, an Elven Amazonian army.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:59 PM   #5
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Sting

Ah me, Elven Amazonian armies ... tsk-tsk ... Yes, she is going to bring Aragorn the sword and banner. The Dunedain are not going to be in ROTK. Her getting the sword is the first scene in ROTK --so I've heard-- I think they were going to Gondor, the Elves I mean, and Arwen allready had the sword in possession and they (the scriptwriters) were jumping ahead and in ROTK, they're going to go back and explain that part, showing ARwen getting the sword after the reforging (sp?) of it. <P>That's my educated guess on certain rumors.
Old 01-18-2003, 06:47 AM   #6
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Sting

And all of this is A LOT more difficult to explain/show than the way it was in the book. Ironic, isn't it?
Old 01-19-2003, 02:33 PM   #7
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I don't believe she is going to the Grey Havens yet, I think she is going to Lothlorien, which would make perfect sense, because at the end of ROTK she goes to Gondor with Gladriel and Celeborn and Elrond and some other Elves before they go West. It would also explain the pictures that have been seen of Arwen and Gladriel together.
Old 01-19-2003, 03:32 PM   #8
Isenna
Pile O'Bones

Isenna has just left Hobbiton.
My friends and I were saying that she goes to the shore and sets sail with them. She then realizes what she's doing, jumps off the boat and swims to shore.
Isenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 04:50 PM   #9
the mortal elf
Wight

the mortal elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to the mortal elf
Tolkien

I'm convinced that she went to Lothlorien, mainly because of four bits of information.<P>1. I think it was Manwe Sulimo who said that there were pictures of Galadriel brushing Arwen's hair.<P>2. The extended edition scenes where she's going to take Narsil.<P>3. Elrond's and Arwen's expressions when she leaves. She looks determined and fixed on her course. She doesn't look like she's about to break down in tears because she's leaving the love of her life behind. Elrond looks like his heart is about to break. He would be a bit happier if he knew that his one and only daughter were going to the Havens and then to Valinor, where she'd be safe.<P>4. Haldir. At Helm's Deep, he says, "I bring word from Elrond of Rivendell...." Since he was from Lothlorien, it would be highly unlikely for him to know what Elrond wanted unless Arwen told him or got the information to him.