The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-29-2002, 06:27 PM   #41
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

PAAAAAGE TWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Hehe, sorry. Anyhoo, today I showed my friend my new reproduction of Evenstar (!) and I accidently (no, really! It was an accident!) called it my precioussssss. Her grandmother freaked out. It was quite amusing.
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 06:39 PM   #42
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

LOL! Funny, Gimli! I can think of a teacher at my school that would probably be that gullible.

I've had LOTR attacks myself. I just finished another fantasy book that I kept comparing to LOTR. Two characters described as smaller men reminded me of Frodo and Sam, another reminding me of Merry. Other characters reminded me of Gandalf, Gimli, Boromir, Sauron, and the Ringwraiths. I thought I was going crazy, but the beginning of that book seemed so similar to LOTR. It was a good book too.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-03-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 06:42 PM   #43
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

What book was it?
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Old 06-29-2002, 07:58 PM   #44
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

The Sword of Shannara, which is the first book to the Shannara trilogy. It's a really good book and I recommend it to all fantasy lovers. Almost as good as LOTR. Almost.
Old 06-29-2002, 08:03 PM   #45
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I've heard some people say that that book is almost exactly like LotR to the point of plagarism. I haven't read it yet, so I don't have a personal opinion, but I think I'll probably read it when I finish the Sil and Unfinished Tales.
Old 06-29-2002, 08:26 PM   #46
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Yeah, many people don't like it because of that. That is the majority of opinions at one thread. My opinion of the book can be found here. Right now I'm looking forward to reading the next edition to the Shannara trilogy.
Old 06-29-2002, 08:28 PM   #47
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

My link doesn't seem to be working, so just look for it under the topic Terry Brooks.
Old 06-30-2002, 11:38 PM   #48
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Ah, Mister Frodo...
#1, I MISS YOU!

#2, I think "hobbit" every time I go out to my garden (particularly when I see those lobelias I told you about....)
Quote:
When this slender bridge had been made the company passed over, some cautiously and others more easily. Sam shuffled along, clutching hard, and looking down into the pale eddying water as if it was a chasm in the mountains.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 11:54 PM   #49
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Haha! Gimli, that's priceless! Go you (and your Dad)

Anyway...I always will read somthing that says habbit and will think it says hobbit. Then I will always jump ten feet in the air whenever the word 'ring' is mentioned.

I was going to this bookstore and the jewlery store right next to it was called:
Galadriel's Jewlery. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Then I saw this movie where the Mother calls her child 'precious' and whenever she says that I imedialy think of Gollum.
Old 07-13-2002, 11:11 AM   #50
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
Galadriel's Jewlery
At least it wasn't Sauron's Jewelry. That would REALLY make me worry.
Old 07-30-2002, 03:29 PM   #51
dragongirlG
Wight

dragongirlG has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

LOL, there's a restaurant called Gandalf's in Charleston, South Carolina. It serves seafood.

[ July 30, 2002: Message edited by: dragongirlG ]
dragongirlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 03:36 PM   #52
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lothiriel Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
The Sword of Shannara, which is the first book to the Shannara trilogy. It's a really good book and I recommend it to all fantasy lovers. Almost as good as LOTR. Almost.
I love that book too! Yes, ALMOST as good [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I finished reading that one, the Elfstones of Shannara, and the Wishsong of Shannara. Now I'm on the First King of Shannara. I probably should have read that one first, but oh well! They all reminded me of the Fellwoship too! Balinor Buckhannah- Boromir. Allanon- Aragorn (Gandalf too, considering he was the leader and he had 'magic' too) and the list goes on. Durin surprised me though. He was an elf, but in Tolkien's books, Durin was a dwarf!
Lothiriel Silmarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 03:37 PM   #53
mystra
Haunting Spirit

mystra has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i read part of the sword of shannara (?)

it was ok......

EVERYTHING in my life around me i compare with or think about lotr

help!!! my life is fading! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

when i wrote fading i thought of the writing on the ring..... see? obsessive! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Cyber Raga. Nuff said.
mystra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 03:40 PM   #54
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lothiriel Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Myst, I do the same thing! Don't worry, it's normal. Well, normal to us LotR obsessed people [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I even bought the One Ring! I never take it off..
Lothiriel Silmarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 01:48 AM   #55
Caradhras
Haunting Spirit

Caradhras has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Caradhras Send a message via AIM to Caradhras
Sting

Hey~
Carzy crazy crazy!!! I haven't been here for two weeks I feel so lost and left behind!!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Waaaaa!!! Laters~!

http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/serv...tz/grommit.gif http://216.40.201.38/otn/animals/bl_paw.gif
Caradhras is offline   Reply With Quote