The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2003, 04:13 PM   #1
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting RotK Soundtrack info! *Spoilers*

Here's news from <A HREF="http://ringbearer.org" TARGET=_blank>ringbearer.org</A> :<P>The ROTK soundtrack hits stores on November 25th. TORN has a scan of all the soundtrack info ...(spoilers)<P> <A HREF="http://theonering.net" TARGET=_blank>theonering.net</A> <P>Track Listing for ROTK: <P>1. A Storm is Coming <BR>2. Hope and Memory <BR>3. Minas Tirith (featuring Ben del Maestrol) <BR>4. The White Tree <BR>5. The Steward of Gondor (featuring Billy Boyd) <BR>6. Minas Morgul <BR>7. The Ride of The Rohirrim <BR>8. Twilight And Shadow (featuring Renee Fleming) <BR>9. Cirith Ungol <BR>10. Anduril <BR>11. Shelob's Lair <BR>12. Ash and Smoke <BR>13. The Fields of The Pelennor <BR>14. Hope Fails <BR>15. The Black Gate Opens (featuring Sir James Galway) <BR>16. The End of All Things (featuring Renee Fleming) <BR>17. The Return of the King (featuring Galway, Mortensen, Fleming) <BR>18. The Grey Havens (featuring Sir James Galway) <BR>19. Into The West (performed by Annie Lennox) <P>What do you guys think? <BR>See you later!<BR>~M<p>[ October 21, 2003: Message edited by: Morquesse ]
Old 10-21-2003, 04:21 PM   #2
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dūm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

I didn't know they could all sing.. Wow. <BR>It looks to be awesome.

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:59 PM   #3
Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Haunting Spirit

Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Sting

november 25? sounds good...ill be there!
Old 10-21-2003, 07:05 PM   #4
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Is that Viggo Mortenson? And Billy Boyd is on there? I am so getting it!!!<P>Oh, and who here is, sadly, excited at *who* is <I>not</I> singing a song on the soundtrack??? <p>[ October 21, 2003: Message edited by: Eruwen ]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:09 PM   #5
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

So is Liv Tyler's song not on there? Or wasn't it recorded? Is that a good thing?

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:10 PM   #6
mollecon
Wight

mollecon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Looks great! Really looking forward to this...
mollecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:11 PM   #7
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

It's good to see that there is a track devoted to the White Tree, since this suggests that there will be some explanation of it in the film, rather than it simply being there in the background for us Tolkien afficionados.<P>Does the order of the tracks necessarily follow the order that these scenes will appear in the film, I wonder? They do appear to be listed broadly in the order that would be expected. But I am surprised that Shelob's Lair features so far down, since I thought that she would make her appearance fairly early on. Also, the order suggests that the scene where Elrond brings Anduril to Aragorn takes place in Gondor (since it is placed after the Ride of the Rohirrim), whereas I had thought that this scene would take place in Rohan, prior to Aragorn taking the Paths of the Dead. Which reminds me - no track for the Paths of the Dead? Or perhaps that is Twilight and Shadow. Oh, now I'm confused.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:37 PM   #8
mollecon
Wight

mollecon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As far as I recall, the tracks on the previous TTT soundtrack did <I>not</I> follow the exact order of the scenes in the movie - I seem to remember there was some complaining about that. My guess is that Howard Shore would change the order of tracks a bit in order to make the soundtrack more worthy to listen to in it's own right - if he felt it necessary
mollecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:57 PM   #9
ladyhwi
Newly Deceased

ladyhwi has just left Hobbiton.
The Music in the trailer was interesting. But I didn't realize the cast was musically gifted as well. I'll probably buy it just to see or hear that is.
"I have not seen thy sunny face, Nor heard thy silver laughter: No thought of me shall find a place In thy young life's hereafter- Enough that now thou will not fail To listen to my fairy-tale." Lewis Carroll
ladyhwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:58 PM   #10
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

I am making the pledge to get this CD, but not listen to it until I've seen the movie. I'm not TOO concerned about spoilers, but I don't want the fact that I've heard the musical track distract me from watching the scenes that will unfold before my amazed eyes.<P>Who's with me?
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 10:00 PM   #11
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Certainly myself, Knight of Gondor. I can't wait to hear Viggo Mortensen and Billy Boyd sing; their voices are supposed to be gorgeous. Aah...why not make it <I>October</I> 25 instead? That would make my day!
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 09:23 AM   #12
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dūm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Who's with me?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Aye, most noble Knight of Gondor! <P>That's a pledge to both buy it, and wait until I've seen the movie. I'd like to get the spec. edition with the booklet and everything this time... We shall see.

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 09:34 AM   #13
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

I can't wait to here this music. Wow, there are alot of voices this time(I want to here Billy sing) I guessing Billy sings for Denethor, that will be interesting. I noticed that in the two first soundtracks, alot of the songs were named after chapters in the books. It doesn't appear to be so this time, but whatever.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 09:42 AM   #14
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dūm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

Oh believe me I plan to <B>buy</B> the soundtrack and listen to it as soon as I get home! <P>It's so funny but it's coming out on my <B>birthday</B> and so I can't wait!<P>Oh can't wait to hear what Billy and Viggo both sound like - and it so cool they're both going to be featured someway in the soundtrack!<P>Yes, indeed the soundtrack being released so early make the wait for <I>Return of the King</I> even more bearable! <p>[ October 22, 2003: Message edited by: Arathiriel ]
Old 10-22-2003, 09:51 AM   #15
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I guessing Billy sings for Denethor <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hopefully not like in a musical! Imagine that...
Old 10-22-2003, 10:18 AM   #16
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It's good to see we have Sir James Galway (an Irish Fluitist) playing on a few of the tracks.<P>especially the grey havens. I love the flute playing we have on the other soundtracks to lotr, so am pleased to see Sir James working on this one.<P>he's considered to be one of the finest flutists in the world.<p>[ October 22, 2003: Message edited by: Essex ]
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 10:51 AM   #17
Salix
Shade of Carn Dūm

Salix has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I personally have decided that I'll buy the soundtrack when I get the money but not listen to it till I see the movie, just like I have decided not to watch the trailer again. <BR>Regarding order, as I recall for the TTT soundtrack the first track played in the movie was #1 followed by #2 followed by #5 and #6 then after a while you get #3 and then you get #10 then #4. Also I highly doubt that they would first show Frodo and Sam a quarter way through the film, since Minas Morgul is track number 6. <P>Anybody know how hard it is to type with one hand and agitating a film tank with the other?
Old 10-22-2003, 11:02 AM   #18
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No Liv Tyler?? I was really looking forward to hearing her...
Old 10-22-2003, 11:07 AM   #19
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Awesome, I can't wait, I really want to hear the Gray Havens one & Return of the King, (cool title lol) I'm glad Liv isn't on there, no offense to her or anything, but that would just be kinda weird, plus I don't think she can sing.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:32 PM   #20
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Faramir Fan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Interesting that Shelob's Lair is more than half way through the Sountrack...
"A new character has come on the scene (I am sure I did not invent him, I did not even want him, though I like him, but there he came walking into the woods of Ithilien): Faramir, the brother of Boromir..." J.R.R. Tolkien, Letters No. 66
Faramir Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 12:46 PM   #21
Iarhen
Wight

Iarhen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The End of all things?!?!?!?!?!?<P><BR>OMG...<P>That title made me weak on my knees... Oh My God...
Old 10-22-2003, 12:53 PM   #22
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Billy's song is on there! YAY! ^^<P>Contrary to what some people think, I am definitely going to listen to the soundtrack as soon as I get it! (Or at least tracks 5 and 11 ) I can't wait!!! It'll be so cool to hear Viggo and Billy on there, and it's cool to know I can get the soundtrack before the Movie is out!<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-22-2003, 02:50 PM   #23
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Thanks, Essex - I was wondering who Sir James Galway is, since he's featured on three tracks. Sounds like his part will be good. Now, can anyone tell me who Renee Fleming is? And is Ben del Maestrol a boy choir singer like the ones that have been featured on the past soundtracks?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:38 PM   #24
Enorėiel
Wight

Enorėiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes! I can't wait for the soundtrack! I agree that it'd be a bit strange to watch the movie for the first time after having listened to the soundtrack... but I am definitly going to buy it the day it comes out. I'll try my hardest to listen to only 5 and 11 (just to hear Billy and Viggo) but we'll see if I have the will to listen to just those two.

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorėiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 05:40 PM   #25
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Actually, Enorėiel, Viggo is featured in Track 17. Track 11 is Shelob's Lair. Bwahaha, spidery-goodness...<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-22-2003, 07:12 PM   #26
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I will definately be listening to it before seeing the film. <P>I noticed Shelob being pretty far down the list too, and after Cirith Ungol, which seems backwards. Probably and indication the tracks are not in order.<P>Here is the list of tracks from Towers<P>1. Foundations of Stone (Gandalf's battle with the Balrog)<BR>2. The Taming of Smeagol<BR>3. The Riders of Rohan (Aragorn's, Gimli's and Legolas' first encounter with Eomer as well as first scenes at Edoras)<BR>4. The Passage of the Marshes<BR>5. The Uruk-hai (Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas chase music as well as the music played during Saruman's monologue regarding the "union of the two towers")<BR>6. The King of the Golden Hall (music played after Theoden becomes himself)<BR>7. The Black Gate is Closed<BR>8. Evenstar (played during Elronds talk with Eowyn)<BR>9. The White Rider (this is largely the exercism of Theoden as well as the music played after Gandalf revealed himself and they ride away from Fangorn)<BR>10. Treebeard (played while Treebeard is taking Merry and Pippin to see the White Wizard)<BR>11. The Leave Taking<BR>12. Helm's Deep (prelude to the Warg battle as well Eowyn's arrival at Helm's Deep)<BR>13. The Forbidden Pool<BR>14. Breath of Life (Aragorn's horsie kiss as well as him seeing Saruman's army)<BR>15. The Hornburg (early battle music)<BR>16. Forth Eorlings (charge of Theoden and Gandalf's arrival)<BR>17. Isengard Unleashed (more battle music, focused around the Isengard theme as well as the Ent march and destruction of Isengard)<BR>18. Samwise the Brave (Sam's speech music as well as the music played when Gollum and Smeagol is having their last converstation at the end of the film)<BR>19. Gollum's Song (credits)<P>As you can see, much of this is way out of order.<P>H.C.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:12 AM   #27
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I really hope that the piece of music we hear in the tt dvd rotk preview bit around the bit where we see deagol's hand up until gandalf's 'a fool's hope' line is in rotk. the music is beautiful, and I didn't realise until later but it's on track 11 of the TT cd. I don't remember hearing this music in the TT film itself, so hopefully we'll hear it more in the ROTK film.<P>Have a listen if you get a chance, it's a right tear jerking bit of music. (it's a little way in on track 11 of the tt cd).
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 09:56 AM   #28
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

About Shelob's music being so far down, I read something Peter Jackson said about not being able to have an entire movie about Sam and Fro climbing up a mountain. So there's still a lot of ground to cover before we get there, Mordor awakening and the stairs as well.<P>Ben Del Maestro was in the TTT soundtrack on "Forth Eorlingas", singing the Ent's song.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 03:16 PM   #29
Enorėiel
Wight

Enorėiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Forgive me oh mighty Flame one (hehehe) I can't believe I read it wrong. And no spidery-goodness... spiders bad, shelob bad (good character but at the same time... bad!) <P> yeah I'm done now<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I read something Peter Jackson said about not being able to have an entire movie about Sam and Fro climbing up a mountain. So there's still a lot of ground to cover before we get there, Mordor awakening and the stairs as well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hmmm... good point Oddwen but should it really take that long to get to Shelob? As far as the soundtrack goes that's more than half the way down...

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorėiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 03:32 PM   #30
andreadawn
Pile O'Bones

andreadawn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I don't know if anyone recalls, but Viggo sang a little in the TTT EE. As I recall the fellowship was sleeping and he was quietly singing a song about Beren and Luthien. Since he was singing softly it was difficult to hear if his voice was really good or not. I guess we'll find out in Nov.
Old 10-23-2003, 03:48 PM   #31
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Viggo's released jazz cd's. I think he's a pretty good singer/musician. And although it was hard to hear, the Beren/Luthien song sounded pretty okay <P>And it was Fotr:Ext, and the hobbits were asleep.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:05 PM   #32
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Now, can anyone tell me who Renee Fleming is? And is Ben del Maestrol a boy choir singer like the ones that have been featured on the past soundtracks? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Apparently, Renee Fleming is an opera singer. She is a talented singer, though I don't care too much for opera. <A HREF="http://entertainment.msn.com/artist/?artist=184950" TARGET=_blank>More on Renee Fleming</A><P>As for Ben del Maestrol, he was on TTT soundtrack for the songs Forth Eorlingas and Isengard Unleashed. I'm not sure exactly who he is as I cannot find any information. In fact, I can't even tell you whether he's a boy or man since I do not have my soundtrack with me currently. But I'm sure you can figure that out for yourself.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:38 AM   #33
Luinalatawen
Wight

Luinalatawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luinalatawen
Pipe

James Galway is an amazing flutist, I have about 20 of his CDs (I'm a flutist too, a music major at DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana- great school). I had the opportunity a couple years back at a Chicago Symphony Orchestra concert at Ravinia to meet him and get his autograph. It was really exciting, the effect of his playing is so much better in person. He's a very nice person too. When I saw that he's playing for the soundtrack, you could only imagine my excitement!
Old 10-30-2003, 12:09 PM   #34
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I am making the pledge to get this CD, but not listen to it until I've seen the movie. I'm not TOO concerned about spoilers, but I don't want the fact that I've heard the musical track distract me from watching the scenes that will unfold before my amazed eyes.<BR>Who's with me?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ME!! I'm <I>definitely</I> buying it, but after I see RotK. I have the soundtrack to the movie the Patriot, so whenever I watch it, I think, oh, I know that music! It's track 5!! And I <B>don't</B> want that to be what it's like watching RotK for the first time!!
Old 10-30-2003, 12:48 PM   #35
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I am making the pledge to get this CD, but not listen to it until I've seen the movie. I'm not TOO concerned about spoilers, but I don't want the fact that I've heard the musical track distract me from watching the scenes that will unfold before my amazed eyes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I don't want the music first either, because when I watched the Fellowship I was listening to the music rather than to the dialogue, because someone I know skates to it.<P>Edit: I mean two of the tracks, not the whole thing!!!<p>[ October 30, 2003: Message edited by: Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1 ]
Old 10-31-2003, 07:18 AM   #36
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

[edit: the image I posted doesn't seem to work]<P>FotR's "theme song" was Enya's May It Be. TTT's was Gollum's song. Both of them were last songs in the soundtrack. So will <I>Into The West </I> be the "theme song" in RotK?<p>[ November 02, 2003: Message edited by: dancing spawn of ungoliant ]
Old 10-31-2003, 09:58 AM   #37
Menelhachwen
Pile O'Bones

Menelhachwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Does somebody know if it is possible to listen to some tracks on the web?<P>Thanx in advance!
Old 10-31-2003, 01:05 PM   #38
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Found this on another board that is claimed to be a 34 second clip from Grey Havens. It's tough to call, but there are a few notes at the end that convinces me that his is indeed part of King.<P><A HREF="http://mitglied.lycos.de/elberethgilthoniel/havens30.mp3" TARGET=_blank>Sound Clip</A><P>That image above doesn't work for me. Try this.<P><A HREF="http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Fantasy/The_Lord_of_the_Rings/LOTR_The_Return_of_the_King&image=cdcover.jpg&img= &tt=" TARGET=_blank>Soundtrack Cover</A><P>Is it fair to assume that this will be the main movie poster as well?<P>H.C.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:01 PM   #39
ArathorofBarahir
Wight

ArathorofBarahir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I can't wait to get the soundtrack! I read somewhere that Billy Boyd can sing tenor and baritone, but I didn't know Viggo could sing!<p>[ November 02, 2003: Message edited by: ArathorofBarahir ]
Old 11-02-2003, 02:10 PM   #40
Vanaelda

White-Hand

Nevermind the soundtrack although I am glad it is coming out.. I can't wait til the movie comes out!! Christmas here I come... I was wondering if any of you have seen the cartoon version or RotK? I saw it and it was good. A tad long though and quite sad.... but i liked it all the same... I can't wait to see what real people can do nevermind just voices and drawings.. well i got to go read RotK again for the 2 time today. Talk to you all later.....<BR>Vana