Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #361
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Aawww Asta!

I'll post some not-too-lengthy mood impression for Coldan after a little walk with the dogs, and then have at him, phantom!
Old 04-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #362
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Ang- if Brinn or Rollan says that it is okay, you can have Aldarion go along with Sador to get a drink. He won't let Sador look at the actual script, but he is more than willing to talk about the events and will want to know any info Sador has as well as the source.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #363
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'm glad I signed up as a fairly minor character, because... well... I'm basically dying. Not literally, just mentally. Something huge and ridiculous and kinda awful came up and I will literally need pretty much every second of the next few weeks to make it all better, so you won't see much of me, but I'll continue to take advantage of the generosity of B88 by letting him know what Therian should be up to. I don't want to bail on you all entirely, just let you know why I'm not active.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #364
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Nerwen, just noticed you had Asta take Coldan's script, which I said in my #155 he didn't have with him during the quarrel. But it makes sense that she'd need to consult it even if he doesn't, and besides it's a nice idea that he'll have to get it back from her sooner or later. I'll edit my posts to agree with yours. (And I hope your work load will ease soon.)

Fea, whatever it is that's bothering you, I hope it'll all work out!
Old 04-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #365
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I didn't initially intend it to be this way, but I'm going to be writing Sador as much as, probably indeed more than, Cirdacil, so you'd best have a quick profile:

NAME: Goes by the nickname of Sador in reference to his lameness, apparently by his own choice. This might seem an odd thing to do, but then, you don't know his birth name. His legal title while his father lives is Lord Sador of Burlach, but as a second son, he has few prospects afterwards.

AGE/GENDER/RACE/WHERE FROM: Twenty four year old Man of Gondor, born and bred in the Citadel itself (indeed, born into privilege within the Houses of Healing).

APPEARANCE: Handsome, but in miniature for the men of Gondor; shorter even than his none too impressive looking father, at about five feet seven inches. His bright, intelligent green eyes and long, very pale blond hair, however, are extremely attractive looking - if not at all reminiscent of the blood of Numenor.

BITS OF CHARACTER/HISTORY YOU FEEL MIGHT BE HELPFUL IN DEFINING THE CHARACTER: Sador is the youngest of his four siblings; Ecsichil is in his forties, Aerwen mid thirties (these two are half-siblings from Cirdacil's prior marriage), Circilie twenty-eight. His birth killed his mother, Aerin. His leg failed to grow properly. He is his father's favoured son, easily outstripping his dull elder brother Ecsichil. He is jolly clever and perhaps rather inclined to show this compensation off, but otherwise very courteous. He seems to work very hard, and nobody - his doting father included - is ever quite sure what at.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #366
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
So, all this crazy drama is no doubt going to make Branor want to start drowning in liquor again. Therian's gonna go off in a fuss, and Bran will eventually let slip to Aldarion about Coldan's fits with the script.

Post coming momentarily.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #367
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Nerwen, just noticed you had Asta take Coldan's script, which I said in my #155 he didn't have with him during the quarrel. But it makes sense that she'd need to consult it even if he doesn't, and besides it's a nice idea that he'll have to get it back from her sooner or later. I'll edit my posts to agree with yours. (And I hope your work load will ease soon.)
Sorry, didn't notice!
Old 04-10-2011, 01:40 AM   #368
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Hope to get something up for Rollan tomorrow, if my addled brain can take it.

Something occurred to me as I was writing the latest post... Depending on how successful we want our venture to be, what about using Elanor as a source (if someone runs into her at market or something)? She'd probably be over-eager to share, have practically memorized the Red Book (which, of course, isn't in Gondor), and would think she knew exactly what her father and the King wanted to see. Then, and as soon as the idea popped into my head the character wandered into my headspace and immediately insinuated that she wanted to play her father in the play, preferably without anyone else knowing until the performance (because clearly, as one of the Queen's ladies in waiting, she has all the time in the world...).

On the one hand, it could be fun; on the other hand I think it'd almost make our job too easy. On the gripping hand, I could see her turning into a Purist of the Worst Kind, which could be loads of fun once we try to translate this onstage and everyone starts bickering even more. At any rate, it's not my decision to make as Brinn won't be traveling that far, and I see no reason for Rollan to interact with her. But it was, at least, an idea to throw out into the wind.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #369
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Apologies for vanishing off the face of the earth like this. I really didn't mean to but, my Internet connection kept dying on me this week. Now that the problem is (hopefully) solved, I'll have something posted by tommorow evening at the latest.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #370
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

All right, Boro, Ang, Pitch- you guys decide who is going to react first to the outburst and how.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #371
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

not S.'s immediate concern, I'll let him sit tight and listen good for now
Old 04-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #372
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Post in the writing right now. I picture Coldan sitting by himself in a corner a few tables away, but close enough to overhear at least some of Aldarion's tirade. I've wavered on whether he wouldn't be past the point of caring by now, but on further consideration, I think he's drunk enough to pick a fight.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #373
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
I've wavered on whether he wouldn't be past the point of caring by now, but on further consideration, I think he's drunk enough to pick a fight.
Hoo boy... Well, Mnemo, remember that little chat we had about possible disaster? I'd say there's serious trouble brewing.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #374
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thiliel accidentally taddled about the upcoming fight to Brinn. I wonder how that would work out!

I wonder if she should cause more accidental trouble by trying to help Ingold sort it out...
Old 04-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #375
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

So, you're going to put your character into the middle of the fight, eh Galadriel? Interesting possibilities there....

What if quite unintentionally Thiliel got her throat cut (or some other injury resulting in swift and brutal death)? I'm thinking that could cause some interesting legal problems for the players. If you're okay with that happening to your character, of course.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #376
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

And no, I'm not being serious.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #377
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
What if quite unintentionally Thiliel got her throat cut (or some other injury resulting in swift and brutal death)? I'm thinking that could cause some interesting legal problems for the players. If you're okay with that happening to your character, of course.
I'm ok as long as I don't have to write all the law debates.

Quote:
And no, I'm not being serious.
What a shame.

Hehe. No, I'm just bored, because I have a ton of homework with asolutely no desire to do it, so my solution is to dump it on later and go Downsing.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #378
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I just had to make a comment about killing your character, because just the other day when you made that post about your character taking a nap, from out of NOWHERE I had this idea to post and have my character crawl in through the window and murder Thiliel in her sleep with no explanation whatsoever.

Ha ha ha! I couldn't stop laughing for quite a while after that. I kept getting these images flashing through my mind of you sitting down at your computer and screaming, "WHAT?! NOO!!" and Mnemo sending me a PM "What are you DOING?!" and Pio reprimanding me for killing someone's character without permission.

I told Mnemo about it and she thought it would be amusing if I would pretend to seriously propose my murder idea on the discussion thread just to see what you'd say, hee hee.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #379
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, I've debated about what exactly I should say so as to not stifle character or creativity, so instead I'll just ask a question and start there-

Pitch- you say Coldan is feeling like fighting.... Were you planning on just taking a swing at Aldarion, or were you planning to come after him with an actual weapon? Also, how much of my character history do you imagine Coldan knows?
Old 04-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #380
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I just had to make a comment about killing your character, because just the other day when you made that post about your character taking a nap, from out of NOWHERE I had this idea to post and have my character crawl in through the window and murder Thiliel in her sleep with no explanation whatsoever.
Which would give me the pleasure to tell you that Thiliel's ghost would haunt you until the end of your days.

Quote:
Ha ha ha! I couldn't stop laughing for quite a while after that.
I can predict that I'll have random laughing fits about this for a few weeks. I can just see myself cracking up in the middle of class!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #381
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Fight as in quarrel. At the worst, depending on how much he's provoked, there may be blows (in fact, it's highly likely), but nothing like a weapon (I don't think he'd carry one) or actual bloodshed, Valar beware. We don't want our troupe damaged beyond repair, do we?

Character background - hm, he'd know of course where Aldarion came from when he joined the Players (i.e. his past career with the Swan Players) and that he has some 'connections' in Gondor, but doesn't care too much about the details, I suppose. If I've written anything that collides with your background, please alert me to it.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #382
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Or maybe if Brinn gets her crutches ready in a hurry, she can get to the common room in time to interfere and try to talk some sense into Coldan before things get violent. Might be a dramatic anticlimax, but she really has enough damage control on her hands already.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #383
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Ah, good. That puts me at ease, Pitch. Carry on. My primary worry was that Coldan would, while Aldarion was carrying his sword, attack Aldarion with a knife or something. (Given Aldarion's ambition and love for himself paired with his love of sword-play and 25+ years of training/dueling with his father and other various tutors it would be very much in character for him to successfully run an attacker through if he felt seriously threatened.)
Old 04-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #384
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Ah, good. That puts me at ease, Pitch. Carry on. My primary worry was that Coldan would, while Aldarion was carrying his sword, attack Aldarion with a knife or something. (Given Aldarion's ambition and love for himself paired with his love of sword-play and 25+ years of training/dueling with his father and other various tutors it would be very much in character for him to successfully run an attacker through if he felt seriously threatened.)
Oh come on! I may have got somewhat carried away with my character, but I do remember we still have a play to stage, and it wouldn't do to get any of our folks killed or seriously wounded. Like I said, it'll take damage control enough already to get everybody working together again, but nothing that couldn't be done with some serious talks, I'd say.

Anyway, if you're going to post anything that demands an immediate reaction from Coldan, it should be within the next half hour; after that, I'll have to be off to bed.

PS. - Commendable presence of mind on Thiliel's part, G55!
Old 04-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #385
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
PS. - Commendable presence of mind on Thiliel's part, G55!
Why, thank you.

I just had the weirdest idea for a post, to echo TP: Thiliel wakes up, yawns, and discovers that at night her head was chopped off and that now she's dead.

No, I'm not serious either.

PS: It would be left to the rest of you to decide who was the murderer. ....unless Thiliel murdered herself in her sleep...
Old 04-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #386
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Bahaha, this is fabulously good.

Bran may be looking for someone to hit, but he doesn't have Therian around. I'll just say if neither of you want a 3rd party coming into the looming fray, don't bump into/disturb Branor. Choice is yours and on the table though.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #387
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The way I see this, Brinn won't have her crutches in time to stump over there! Post going up in an hour or so...

And I'll have to figure out what to do with Rollan, as well, hmm...
Old 04-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #388
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Maybe send Rolan inside instead of Brinn...? I dunno.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #389
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sounds like too much of a copout for a lovely crisis that's developing without my characters nannying their way in, Galadriel. I'm sure I'll think of something.

Actually, what I'm currently thinking is that Brinn's probably going to try to send Thiliel in to keep an eye on things for her, and if necessary, drag any ne'er-do-well Players in for Private Conference Time. But from an out-of-game perspective we might do well to wait until the menfolk have gotten all the fight out of their system before any such interruption occurs. Surely it'd take time for Thiliel to get the food, bring it over to Brinn, etc., before she could even do anything.

Which means that Rollan's not in the common room, so where is he?
Old 04-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #390
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nerwen, feel free not to have Asta where Rollan's gone looking for her. And if you'd like to use him in an upcoming post, feel free to do that, too. I hope my latest post outlines his intentions well enough; how much they do or don't succeed is anybody's guess, though.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:30 AM   #391
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

ok, brilliant, I'll write a big post now featuring pere et fils

EDIT: I think pere has inadvertently told Elanor just enough to allow her to turn up film-Arwen style at the Inn in a cloak and hood and help spoil fils's plans. But I'll leave that decision to Mnemo...

Last edited by Anguirel; 04-12-2011 at 02:10 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:00 AM   #392
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Hehe, well done Sador. You may have done just enough with the "think about yoru characters" speech to get Branor involved as the "acting Aragorn" of the situation. I don't know if it will help Aldarion and Coldan, but Branor will be convinced to not antagonize anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel View Post
EDIT: I think pere has inadvertently told Elanor just enough to allow her to turn up film-Arwen style at the Inn in a cloak and hood and help spoil fils's plans. But I'll leave that decision to Mnemo...
Ooh, can we Mnemo? Please.

Also, whatever happens with this curfluffle, Branor can definitely use a private chat, and after this matter is resolved, it would be the best time for Brinn to confront him over his blatant insubordination since arriving in the City.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #393
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Ah, so that's what Sador's up to! I was wondering whether he'd be conspiring with Amlach to entice Aldarion back to the Swan Players...
Sorry to foil his peacemaking efforts, Ang, but I think Aldarion and Coldan have to clear the air between them - at least in words if not by fists.
Also, I'm dying to find out how the whole triangle looks from Aldarion's POV; don't tell me he's got no inkling where Coldan's grudge comes from!

In other matters:
++Elanor involvement! Especially as we have somebody among us who's been known to write her very nicely - but then, Mnemo's juggling two characters already, so...??

And phantom, pity you didn't kill Thiliel! Imagine the headlines in the Minas Anor Morning Post: "Dol Amroth playwright wanted for murder - Lord Burlach dies from heart attack"! It would've been difficult to hide Aldarion from the guards during the show - perhaps if we'd recast him as Gollum the Orc and apply some heavy movie-style makeup? Coldan would have been the Judas, of course... Ah the mayhem! [/kidding]

PS. - About the stabbing issue, academic question - would civilians actually be allowed to carry a loose sword within the city in times of peace (and in an inn's common room, of all places)? I'd suppose Aldarion would at least be required to keep it sort of peace-bonded, what do you think?

Last edited by Pitchwife; 04-12-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #394
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I think we've crossed Pitch, but it's no biggie. Branor's taken a stab at peace-making, but basically left and telling them if they insisted on this action, take it outside the City and resolve it, or don't bother coming back.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:13 AM   #395
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Ah, so that's what Sador's up to! I was wondering whether he'd be conspiring with Amlach to entice Aldarion back to the Swan Players...
note Gloredhel is only his second most cherished ambition though...
Old 04-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #396
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Boro, I so love Branor now! First he kindles the whole quarrel, then he makes a grand pseudo-kingly speech and immediately afterwards runs away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
note Gloredhel is only his second most cherished ambition though...
Noted. A most intriguing young man. Maybe we have another aspiring playwright among us who wants to replace Aldarion?

And welcome back, Dim! Yay!
Old 04-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #397
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well rats, Ang. I was hoping our characters would be friends, but wow it looks really unlikely at this point. Of course Aldarion doesn't know that. We'll see what happens.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #398
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

we've both slipped into casually calling poor old Coldan an Easterling, at least internally...

I reckon things'll turn out ok. How, you ask? Er, it's a mystery (cf, as ever, that great film Shakespeare in Love)

EDIT: oh by the way phantom, did you make up up the Swan Players? Or Mnemo? They sounded so cool I was convinced they were canon but couldn't find any reference...
Old 04-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #399
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel View Post
we've both slipped into casually calling poor old Coldan an Easterling, at least internally...
You'd better not let him hear that! At least not a third time on the same day.
Writing now.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #400
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

oh yeah and Inziladun, I had Cirdacil mention to Elanor that he was born in Pelargir because I do want Veandur to be his secret (great-, if necessary?) nephew (quite possibly unknown to V.); is that ok?