User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2005, 09:47 PM   #161
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Ah. Well. Yes. I suppose that makes a whole lot more sense. Gonna go edit my post now...
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Old 02-01-2005, 09:52 PM   #162
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
My edit is made - Sorry about the confusion...again.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 02-01-2005, 10:07 PM   #163
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Please note the problem has been corrected.

~*~ Pio
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-01-2005 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:28 PM   #164
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! Sorry about my save.

I came to fill it in yestre day, but the computer centre I was posting in lost its server. I can't wait for them to fix it, as my class had already begun.

Again, I'm sorry.

Ms. pio, could you please place this post after Kransha's post (#54)?

POSTED TO THE GAME --- PIO

Nilpaurion Felagund's post

Bethiril headed for the council chamber. She hoped that the days had brought a renewal of minds to the King and his counsellors, and that in going alone, without Erenor and her fiery temper, they would reach peacefully a path that would avert the danger from Arnor.

She found the door shut. Inside, she heard voices. This is strange . . . The Noldo approached the guard standing beside the wooden doors. “What is happening behind these portals?”

“The ministers and the lords and the captains of Fornost are holding council.”

She glowered at the guard. “How can that be? Would they hold assembly without the Elven emissaries?” She essayed to gain entry into the chamber.

“Milady,” the guard said, barring the way of Bethiril. “You cannot enter.”

“Why?”

“I am but following orders, milady.”

“Whose orders?” Bethiril asked, though she already knew the answer. “The counsellor Mellonar?”

The guard swallowed. “Yes, milady. It was he.”

Bethiril stood still, staring at the doors, as if by some Elven-craft she could see through the wooden barriers. Once again, that contemptible Man had gotten in her way. Who knows what rede the King now pronounces, with the craven Mellonar controlling his every thought.

Once again, helplessness set in. Calmly, she turned away from the doors, and made her way back to their quarters.

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-03-2005 at 11:34 PM.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:42 AM   #165
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
I will be at a conference until Sunday afternoon. I hope to check the threads, but I can't make any promises.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:27 PM   #166
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Next week will be the week of Chinese Lunar New Year feastivities and as such I might not be around for the whole week, starting monday local time. I will be making checks tomorrow and on Sunday just to see if replies have been made to my post and try to end off that episode before I go a-feasting and merry-making.

Amanaduial the archer and Arry, the last part of my post was obviously directed to you two. Hope to get a response soon.

And to the rest:

Have a happy lunar new year in the year of the Sky Chicken (no joke). Good health, happiness and prosperity. Gong Xi Fa Cai!
Old 02-04-2005, 02:18 PM   #167
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
I've filled my save and answered Faerim's question . . . well, as much as those pesky Elves actually answer questions . . .

Aman

I'll leave it to Faerim and the portly lofficer to speak with Belegorn and will chime in if I see an opportunity . . .

-- Arry
Old 02-07-2005, 06:25 PM   #168
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Ah, everything seems to be going well. I am aware that this is a bit of an off week, but I am held to my deadline, though. This Thursday Night (EST) I'll be moving us to the Hills of Evendim. Then, it will be a full 3 weeks (rather than the consistent 1 we've been having) before the timeline is drastically moved forward. Any conversations or things that cannot be wrapped up before Thursday can be incorporated into other posts or inserted in necessary places, so don't feel bad if you have to take your time.

Old 02-09-2005, 09:25 AM   #169
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Arry, Aman and Saurreg - I've just written a post which mentions your characters, hope it's all OK. It just mentions them in passing, in a way, though Renedwen is hoping Faerim is not in trouble, as she is grateful to him, and curious about the child - this might open up future posts to do with Arry's character... I thought she must have some connection to Captain Belegorn through her father and husband being ranking officers, so I hope that's OK; at the least, she would know who he was.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:12 AM   #170
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Nilpaurion Felagund

Please clear out your PM's

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 02-10-2005, 04:14 PM   #171
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My SAVE is filled in.

Lalwendë - Rôsgollo and his young charge have come over to see you.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:36 PM   #172
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

We're in the Hills of Evendim! *fanfare*

This does not, though, mean that the timeline has fully moved. If anyone was working on posts that took place before the transition or at any time during the journey, don't stop. Finish those and they'll be posted before my "moving post." So don't worry, all is well...or is it...

My post has us in the hills, on a non-personal level. My Save is just about Hirvegil, and the camp basically going out like a light. The train hasn't slept in days, and hasn't gotten real sleep in more than a week. So, it goes without saying that they're very very tired. Thus, everyone's asleep in the temporary camp, except, possibly, for the Elves, but I'm guessing they need to rest/meditate/relax as well.

Unfortunately, the group isn't as safe as they all think they are.

Old 02-11-2005, 04:33 PM   #173
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

My save, she is filled...

CoD, that's your cue.

Old 02-11-2005, 05:19 PM   #174
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
I have added my post for the orc kidnappers. If anything needs to be changed, do tell me. I may be 'refining' the post later, as this was written in a near-slumber. The details however, shouldn't be major, or concern much of anything.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:32 PM   #175
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Let me just clarify the recent scenario:

All of the Elves were successfully dragged off by Orcs? Without a fuss? Were the Elves drugged?

If it is all of the Elves - then I'd like to protest the use of my characters in such a way. You can certainly present an attack on the 2 Elves, but to think they'd be taken without a fight, and by Orcs, is simply not in character for them. They're seasoned warriors - it's unlikely that both of them would be asleep at once.

Last edited by Arry; 02-11-2005 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:43 PM   #176
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yes, it was all the Elves, I think.

And if you really must protest, I'll edit your elf out, and find some reason for the orcs to ignore your character.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:56 PM   #177
Garen LiLorian
Wight

I've got to second Arry's feeling. Not that I mind being taken captive, it'll be fun and interesting, but it seems a little out of character that (in the cases of the guards, anyway) they were all taken without a fight or even so much as a struggle or noise. It doesn't work for me that the Elves wouldn't have a guard posted, or wouldn't simply sense the presence of the yrch.

Cap, I think this is something that can be taken care of with a simple edit. I certainly don't want to miss out on this adventure but...
I dunno. We're guards. If the Orcs captured the emissaries first it might make sense that we would surrender... but I trust your creativity and writing skills to make it plausible
Old 02-11-2005, 08:04 PM   #178
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

No, this really can't be done with a simple edit. In my mind, I must take them all. The Emissaries and guards wouldn't reside in different quarters totally. This provides me with a problem. I can't just take the emissaries, as some guards would be lingering around. And I can't just take guards, as that is entirely useless. I doubt the orcs would be able to tell the difference between an emissary, and a guard anyway, so they would take as many as possible.

But, I will remove the post, and replace it with a Save for now. I will spend tomorrow re-writing the post.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:07 PM   #179
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Well, this brings us to an interesting question: How long can Elves go without sleep (and when they do, do they dream of electric sheep?...*rimshot*)

I will clarify that the guards, intently guarding the Elves for 3 weeks, would be really exhausted, and at least one would be asleep from each party, leaving two awake (this is an unavoidable fact, rather than a vague attempt at bunnying [see Rules for Shire Games]). I anticipated, in fact, that this scenario might be a bit of a jolt, but I would like everyone to accomodate it. The result of it is not up to me, it's nearly open-ended, but it has to be underway.

CoD, no need to do a major renovation. Anything that suits you is fine, as long as it is not wholly inconvenient to everyone else. I think assuming that all guards who are awake are ready for battle is a bit of a realistic stretch, so it would'nt be hard to overcome those not sleeping. Any simple method you like.

I apologize, of course, for this mild inconvenience to Arry, Garen, and CoD. This is one of the hazards that comes with trying to keep a game on a set course open and enjoyable.

Old 02-12-2005, 03:19 PM   #180
Garen LiLorian
Wight

In the spirit of discussion,

Quote:
As before Legolas was first afoot, if indeed he had ever slept
and
Quote:
he could sleep, if sleep it could be called by Men, resting his mind in the strange paths of elvish dreams, even as he walked open-eyed in the light of this world
and
Quote:
whenever they awoke they saw Legolas standing beside them, or walking to and fro, singing softly to himself in his own tongue
All from LotR, Bk3, Ch2, The Riders of Rohan

So no, I don't think Elves sleep. But I'm not going to be contrary and I'm sure that they are weary after such a long ride, so whatever is fine with me.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:12 PM   #181
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alright, I've reposted the orc expedition's foray into the camp. I have not taken all the Elves. The guards have been left, only with the emissaries being taken. Everything else remains untouched. I hope this fixes the objections to the previous version.

-CoD
Old 02-12-2005, 09:30 PM   #182
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Thanks much, CoD, for doing this despite inconvenience. I'm glad a compromise was reached. And Garen, thanks for your literary input.

This does present an interesting situation, though, with the guards still in the camp without their charges.

Old 02-13-2005, 03:54 AM   #183
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Just for my own clarification:

The Orcs now have the 3 Elven emissaries and 1 Dúnedan woman with her child.

Correct?

And no hue and cry has been raised in the Dúnedain camp during the entire night, because no one has noticed this has occurred?

~*~ Pio, Game Moderator

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-13-2005 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:42 AM   #184
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
I have posted my save. Sorry for the delay piosenniel, it won't happen again.

Amanaduial, I'm not sure whether you'll like your character to join the conscripts yet or have some more free time for himself, hence my character dismissed him. You may complete your save the way you want to and I will make the necessary changes in mine.

As for CoD's excellent post, it is unfortunate that the rearguard and militias proved inept... What poor security.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:54 PM   #185
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Garen

I've left an opening for Angore to make an appearance. Will edit as needed.

-- Arry
Old 02-13-2005, 02:56 PM   #186
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Err ???? Excuse me? Berethil and Erenor are meant to have been carried off more or less without noticing? Let alone a fight....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 02-13-2005, 03:22 PM   #187
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

*sigh*

I know I always seem to be apologising and making promises to make up lost time now, but recently things have gotten a little hectic... It was either make RPG posts or miss a few deadlines in school, and bearing in mind the coursework is all catching up now...gah, yeah. I shall finish my post and make another new one tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience and I'm sorry again.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:39 AM   #188
Osse
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: The Encircling Sea, deciding which ship to ruin next...could be yours.
Osse has just left Hobbiton.
Just checking in. Got a few posts in the works...
Old 02-16-2005, 07:38 AM   #189
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
I'm here, too. Just haven't posted... hope to remedy that shortly...
Old 02-17-2005, 08:08 AM   #190
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Saving my save...

I apologize...I had planned on filling in my SAVE before I go to class this morning, but my daughter woke up with a fever, so that's going to have to be on hold for just a bit. I should still be able to write the post today, but I will be unable to post it until this evening. Again, I apologize for any inconveniences.

~Alak
Old 02-17-2005, 11:43 AM   #191
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Boots

I'm deeply sorry for my absence. I've had so much homework lately that my time spent by the computer has been limited. I hope that I'll manage to post soon, even though I have no idea what's going on in the game, as I haven't had the chance to read anything.... If someone could be kind enough to carry along Brander in the next couple of days and give me a short summary of the most important events, I should be able to post by the end of next week.

Again, deeply sorry.

Nova
Old 02-17-2005, 06:26 PM   #192
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

I must apologize, but I am unable to fill my save for another 24 hours. I am very busy with a RL issue at the moment, and inconviently timed computer problems are making it hard to get on the Downs. I should have everything solved by tomorrow. Don't be hesitant to post in my absence: disregard my save completely. I was thinking of deleting the save, but for some reason I cannot. I realize that this is the off season, and many things are occuring, so I won't be pesky about forcing posts out of people.

Old 02-17-2005, 11:50 PM   #193
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! Apologies.

I had deleted my save before Mithalwen's because I realised the stupidity of negotiating with Orcs for the release of one of us.

But it seems my fellow emissaries have contrived a scenario. I'll have a post up by Monday.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:11 PM   #194
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

First of all, I have posted.

Second, I would like to add a clarification. We've gotten to a point in the game where I no longer need to move the game along. Since the next course of action is obvious, anyone who wants to get us moving can and, since Hirvegil (despite his resilience) is basically going to do whatever Belegorn and Mitharan suggest, the plan-making is up to you (preferably Saurreg and CoD, but anyone can protest against those, speak out, whatever; it's a free game now, folks).

This is a time of great hardship for the Dunedain, and I'm sure everyone has an interesting opinion on the matter. Maybe, some people even have a few ideas...

Old 02-19-2005, 11:01 AM   #195
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

Saurreg

Great post!

--

Quote:
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, sir
Brought a smile!

Live long and prosper!

-- Arry, in Trekker mode

Last edited by Arry; 02-20-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:04 AM   #196
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Please don't put 'reasons for editing' on the game posts.

If others need to know the reason you edited - then put the reason on the Discussion Thread.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 02-20-2005, 10:54 AM   #197
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

I have put up a post for Mitharan. If anything needs to be changed, do let me know. Also, I will be putting together another post for Nagbak and his orcs.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:59 PM   #198
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

FYI for anyone interacting with Rôsgollo and Gaeredhel -- Rôsgollo is the one with Gilly, not Gaeredhel

So, Aman and Lalwendë, if you'll just change those references in your posts.

----------

Aman

Quote:
Resistance, Faerim had learnt at a young age, was futile.
*chuckles

Resistance is futile.

Another generation of Star Trekker chimes in . . .
Old 02-20-2005, 02:13 PM   #199
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Quote:
*chuckles

Resistance is futile.

Another generation of Star Trekker chimes in . . .
[/quote] Lol, not even a fan particularly but, well, I try to please I'll edit now - my apologies for that mistake, Arry.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:46 AM   #200
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

1420! More delays.

After a reporting mishap, the time I should have devoted to crafting a response was instead devoted to researching Official Natio . . .

Do we really need to know the specific reason.

Sorry. Late academic year crunch. But, will do post for Thursday. Really, Thursday.