The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2005, 02:39 PM   #401
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thank you, Esty !
Quote:
"---------/ --/ ------/!" (....) "-------/ ---/ --/ ----/ --/ -------/ ----/, --/ --/ -----/ --/ ----/ ----/ ------/ ---/----/!"
Old 01-04-2005, 02:21 AM   #402
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
'T's, please
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 03:43 AM   #403
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"i"s, please.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:53 AM   #404
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

it
Quote:
"-i--t-i--/ --/ ------/!" (....) "-------/ -i-/ t-/ ----/ --/ T------/ ---t/, --/ --/ -----/ --/ ---t/ i-t-/ --i---/ ---/-i--/!"
Old 01-06-2005, 02:38 AM   #405
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
R there Rs?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 01-06-2005, 09:57 AM   #406
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

There R
Quote:
"-i--t-i--/ --/ ------/!" (....) "-------/ -i-/ t-/ ----/ --/ T------/ ---t/, -r/ --/ -----/ --/ ---t/ i-t-/ -ri---/ --r/-i--/!"
Old 01-08-2005, 03:40 AM   #407
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

N-y Ns?
Old 01-08-2005, 09:43 AM   #408
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Do you see any "c"s?
Old 01-08-2005, 12:18 PM   #409
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

N and C added (good choices! )
Quote:
"-i--tnin-/ --/ -----n/!" (....) "C----n-/ -i-/ t-/ c---/ -n/ T------/ n--t/, -r/ --/ -----/ --/ c--t/ int-/ -ri--n/ --r/-i--/!"
Old 01-08-2005, 01:26 PM   #410
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

L, please
Old 01-09-2005, 07:08 AM   #411
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

L will give you the clue, I guess...
Quote:
"Li--tnin-/ --/ -----n/!" (....) "C----n-/ -i-/ t-/ c---/ -n/ T------/ n--t/, -r/ --/ ---ll/ --/ c--t/ int-/ -ri--n/ --r/ li--/!"
Old 01-09-2005, 07:37 AM   #412
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I have it now:
Quote:
Lightning of Heaven! Command him to come on Tuesday next, or he shall be cast into prison for life!
That's the King, speaking of Farmer Giles of Ham's refusal to come.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:40 AM   #413
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up

Yes, well done, Esty !
Old 01-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #414
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A new quote:
Quote:
- ------'- -- --------- ---, - ----. --- --- ---- ----, -'- ----.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:54 PM   #415
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Let's start with A
Old 01-11-2005, 01:59 PM   #416
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A - but we has only one...

- ------'- -- --------- ---, - ----. --- a-- ---- ----, -'- ----.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:51 PM   #417
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"r"s?
Old 01-12-2005, 03:09 AM   #418
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+ R

- ------'- -- ----rr--- ---, - ----. --- ar- --r- ----, -'- --r-.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:14 AM   #419
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

How about i ?
Old 01-12-2005, 07:21 AM   #420
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I ------'- -- i---rr--- ---, I ----. --- ar- --r- ----, I'- --r-.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:18 AM   #421
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

There must be some O's, if I'm not mistaken...
Old 01-12-2005, 12:04 PM   #422
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

O yes

I o-----'- -o i---rr--- ---, I --o-. -o- ar- --r- ----, I'- --r-.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:18 PM   #423
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Quote:
"I oughtn't to interrupt you, I know," said Parish (without a glance at the picture). "You are very busy, I'm sure."
He says it to Niggle, of course.

Last edited by Guinevere; 01-12-2005 at 02:19 PM. Reason: a typo
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:02 PM   #424
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Wow, fantastic, Guinevere! I bow to your deductive abilities!
Old 01-13-2005, 08:48 AM   #425
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thank you Esty! (It's so much fun to suddenly "see" what the words might be. Strange enough, I find this much easier in English than in German!)
Here is a new one:
Quote:
"--/ -----/ --/ --------/," (....) "--'-/ ----/ ----/ ---/ -----/ ----/ ----/ --/ ----/ --/ ---/ ----/ -----/ -/ ---/ -/ -----/ (-) --/ ---/ -----/, ---/ ----/. -/! ---/ --------/ -----/, ----/ --/ ----/(-) -----/; ---/ ---/ -----/ -----/; ---/ ---/ ---/ -------/ -----/!"
Old 01-13-2005, 10:56 AM   #426
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Sssss, pleassse...
Old 01-13-2005, 01:18 PM   #427
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

yesss, there are some
Quote:
"--/ ----s/ --/ ----s---/," (....) "--'s/ --s-/ ----/ ---/ s----/ ----/ -s--/ --/ ----/ --/ ---/ ----/ -----/ -/ --s/ -/ -----/ (-) --/ ---/ -----/, ---/ ----/. -/! ---/ -------s/ -----/, ----/ -s/ ----/(-) ----s/; ---/ ---/ -----/ s----/; ---/ ---/ ---/ -------/ ----s/!"
Old 01-13-2005, 06:31 PM   #428
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"r"s, please.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:05 AM   #429
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

While you're at it, Ts as well, please.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:14 AM   #430
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

R and T added
Quote:
"-t/ ----s/ --/ ----s---/," (....) "-t's/ --st/ ----/ t--/ st---/ t--t/ -s--/ t-/ ----/ --/ t--/ t---/ ---r-/ -/ --s/ -/ -----/ (-) --/ t--/ --r--/, ---/ ----/. -/! t--/ -------s/ t--r-/, t---/ -s/ ----/(-) tr--s/; ---/ t--/ -----/ s----/; ---/ t--/ r--/ --r----/ --r-s/!"
Old 01-17-2005, 01:23 PM   #431
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

N, please
Old 01-17-2005, 02:20 PM   #432
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

N
Quote:
"-t/ ----s/ --/ ----s---/," (....) "-t's/ --st/ ----/ t--/ st---/ t--t/ -s--/ t-/ ----/ -n/ t--/ t--n/ ---r-/ -/ --s/ -/ -----/ (-) -n/ t--/ --r--/, ---/ -n--/. -/! t--/ ----n--s/ t--r-/, t---/ -s/ ---n/(-) tr--s/; -n-/ t--/ -----/ s----/; -n-/ t--/ r--/ --rn---/ --r-s/!"
Old 02-01-2005, 02:36 AM   #433
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

How about Ms?
Old 02-01-2005, 03:39 AM   #434
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

M added
Quote:
"-t/ m---s/ m-/ --m-s---/," (....) "-t's/ --st/ ----/ t--/ st---/ t--t/ -s--/ t-/ ----/ -n/ t--/ t--n/ ---r-/ -/ --s/ -/ -----/ (-) -n/ t--/ --r--/, ---/ -n--/. -/! t--/ ----n--s/ t--r-/, t---/ -s/ m--n/(-) tr--s/; -n-/ t--/ -----/ sm---/; -n-/ t--/ r--/ --rn---/ --r-s/!"
Old 02-02-2005, 03:36 AM   #435
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

L, please
Old 02-02-2005, 04:36 AM   #436
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

L (you haven't asked for any vowels yet... )
Quote:
"-t/ m---s/ m-/ --m-s---/," (....) "-t's/ --st/ l---/ t--/ st---/ t--t/ -s--/ t-/ --ll/ -n/ t--/ t--n/ ---r-/ -/ --s/ -/ -----/ (-) -n/ t--/ --rl-/, ---/ -n--/. -/! t--/ ----n--s/ t--r-/, t-ll/ -s/ m--n/(-) tr--s/; -n-/ t--/ -l---/ sm---/; -n-/ t--/ r--/ --rn---/ --r-s/!"
Old 02-04-2005, 11:41 AM   #437
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Consonants usually tell me more than vowels, but I'll ask for an E now.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:57 AM   #438
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

e's added
Quote:
"-t/ m--es/ me/ --mes---/," (....) "-t's/ --st/ l--e/ t-e/ st---/ t--t/ -se-/ t-/ --ll/ -n/ t-e/ t--n/ --ere/ -/ --s/ -/ -----/ (-) -n/ t-e/ --rl-/, ---/ -n--/. -/! t-e/ ----ne-s/ t-ere/, t-ll/ -s/ m--n/(-) trees/; -n-/ t-e/ -l---/ sm--e/; -n-/ t-e/ re-/ --rn--e/ --res/!"
Old 02-05-2005, 07:30 AM   #439
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"d"s, please.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:04 AM   #440
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

H too, if you please