The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2002, 11:03 AM   #1
Jessica Jade
Wight

Jessica Jade has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jessica Jade
Silmaril All About You

I know that there are many threads here on the 'Downs that help us to get better acquainted with one another, but I decided I wanted to bring everything under one umbrella. This is the unofficial profile thread...where you get to tell all about yourself...your hopes, passions, dreams, and then some. So just copy and paste this short little survey and fill it out. Thanks!

Name (that you go by):
Future Aspirations:
Goal in life:
Short term goals:
Passion:
Hobbies:
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself):

Fave book:
Fave movie:
Fave sport:
Fave store:
Fave music:

What you can't stand:
What you plain dislike:
Who you admire:
What you most love to do:
Your self-confessed flaws:
What intrigues/fascinates you:
What scares you:
Quotation to live by:

Additional comments:

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: Jessica Jade ]

The musicians had indeed laid bare the youngest, most innocent of our ideas of life, the indestructible yearning for the way things aren't and can never be. ~ Philip Roth, The Human Stain
Jessica Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 11:32 AM   #2
Jessica Jade
Wight

Jessica Jade has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jessica Jade
Sting

Name: (that you go by): Jessica
Future Aspirations: to get into a good music conservatiory after high school (like Juilliard or Curtis...haha i wish)and become a professional musician (pianist),but I'm also interested in being a psychologist or lawyer--but most likely I'll end up being a musician
Goal in life: To fulfill my dreams...sure does sound vague i know...basically to live a meaningful life and to make a difference. Ah, what an ambiguous question
Passion: music and playing piano, literature, Tolkien!
Hobbies: reading, shopping (I'm a shop-a-holic), eating (haha), dancing, being with friends, working out, playing piano or violin (I love playing in an orchestra, especially a good one!)
Short-term goals: to get into the Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra, get some decent SAT scores, win the Music Teachers National Association competition at the state level, raise my grade percent average, survive the IB program!
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): mostly my piano playing. I won two competitions this year (one of them means I'm supposed to be the best player in the state for my age..blah..) in addition to being among the best pianists in the state every year since 4th grade. I've made the All State orchestra for violin (supposedly made up of the best players in the state) twice...that was a lot of fun. I also used to win a lot of awards for my creative writing, but nowadays I'm more into editorial-style essays more than writing my own stories.

Fave book: Anthem, by Ayn Rand/Lord of the Rings by Tolkien/ Rebecca by DuMaurier
Fave movie: The Matrix, American Beauty, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Fave sport: Swimming
Fave store: Barnes and Noble...i could spend all day in there
Fave music: everything except country, although, being a pianist and violinist, I am most interested in classical-I especially love Lizst, Beethoven, Chopin, and Tchaikovsky [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

What you can't stand: pEOpLE hoO tYpE lYkE dIS online, excessive teenybopper-ism. Communism or any kind of institution hinders or obliterates the veneration and necessity of the individual self.
What you plain dislike:overratedness and underappreciation. Regret-one of the worst feelings in the world. Math. (I'm so completely right-brained I'm suprised I don't walk lopsided ). Getting up early.
Who you admire: Natalie Portman. She's gorgeous and intelligent and is a psych major at Harvard...something I'm sort of interested in studying one day too.
What you most love to do: play piano. Read. Sleep. Watch movies.
Your self-confessed flaws: extreme procrastination, laziness, jealousy. Pride. My tendency to think that nothing bad will happen to me.Carelessness.I'm also a very selfish person.
What intrigues/fascinates you: break dancing is simply awesome. So is fencing. Psychology and the human mind and behaviors. Philosophy is also great even though overwhelming and sometimes ambiguous/hard to fathom.
What scares you: roaches. bugs. Yuck!
Quotation to live by:
The wide world is all about you. You can fence ourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out.-Gildor Inglorion in FOTR. That's a great one for all the parochial, narrow-minded people in the world as well as the overprotective!

This one is beautiful too: "The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places, but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-Haldir in FOTR

Additional comments: I recall a piano lesson I had once, in which i was playing a Haydn sonata. My teacher commented that i had a good round, solid sound, but with an edge. I think that definitely suits my personality. I'm generally a nice and happy person, but I definitely have an "edge"...I love doing risky things and I do have a dark side for sure. I can be really really mean to people when I want to. Not a good thing of course...I'm better at controlling my "attitude" nowadays. We all learn.

Okay, I'm done...now it's your turn to share a little about yourself!

[ June 02, 2002: Message edited by: Jessica Jade ]

The musicians had indeed laid bare the youngest, most innocent of our ideas of life, the indestructible yearning for the way things aren't and can never be. ~ Philip Roth, The Human Stain
Jessica Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 01:36 PM   #3
Starbreeze
Ghost of a Smile

Starbreeze has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Starbreeze
Silmaril

Name (that you go by): Starbreeze (or Oi)
Future Aspirations: Science Teacher (I know I'm mad!) and published author
Goal in life: Publish a book, help people, make a difference.
Short term goals: pass my exams
Passion: music, nature, the weather, writing, reading
Hobbies: writing, reading, litening, to/playing music, singing, making web sites
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): being different, standing out in the crowd, being kind, being crazy, dreesing up as an elf and walking around my home town for a day.

Fave book: Almost any fantasy
Fave movie: LotR or Gladiator
Fave sport: Squash or swimming
Fave store: Asda (Wal-Mart)
Fave music: any musical soundtrack, celtic, enya, adiemus, choral, classical, 60's and 70' pop/rock

What you can't stand: smokers, drinkers, drug addicts, people who are openly horrible to others, people who discriminate against the blind/disabled/etc
What you plain dislike: all of the above
Who you admire: The Barrow-wight for making this site
What you most love to do: camping, and relaxing with good music playing
Your self-confessed flaws: too serious, bossy, i don't know when to stop talking
What intrigues/fascinates you: the world, the spirit, people, the meaning of life, death, nature, magic, other worlds, history
What scares you: rollercoasters, ghosts
Quotation to live by: If in doubt, do without or If life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Additional comments: There is so much I want to do in life, and so many people I want to help, but I know that what ever I do, I'll only be one piece of the jigsaw, and without the help and hinderence of others, I will only make small ripples on the pond of life.

There, thats me done, I can't wait to see what other people write!

To write is to make dreams, to make dreams is to awaken the fantasy of the mind, to awaken the mind is to be a master.
Starbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 01:57 PM   #4
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dûm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
Name (that you go by): elfpup (or cubby)
Future Aspirations: none, really
Goal in life: to steal the gold from the top of hte tower (seriously, i've always wanted to do that) and help stupid people like my sister.
Short term goals: not kill anyone in the next week!
Passion: horses, horses, horses! (and tolkien)
Hobbies: reading, painting, riding, eating, sleeping
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): i am famous for my cartoon chaaracters. being ccrraazzy and stupid. pretending to be dumb, but really being smart.

Fave book: all books by tolkien, squire by tamora pierce, and dancer by shelly peterson
Fave movie: lotr
Fave sport: riding, soccer
Fave store: greenhawk, and any store that sells cheap candy
Fave music: all music (except oldies)

What you can't stand: kids that are younger than me, people who think thaay can sing,but cant. snobby poeple who brag all the time
What you plain dislike: those things above and teachers and raw meat.
Who you admire: poeple who can do really good speeches.
What you most love to do: ride, sleep, eat, read
Your self-confessed flaws: i'm a lazy freak, i cant spell. my little sister can spell better than me. i robbed a donut store (ha ha)
What intrigues/fascinates you: animals and how smart people became so smart
What scares you: bugs, my music teachers face (ewwww)
Quotation to live by: "hey, i'm dead. what are all these cartoons" - me

Additional comments: i'm possibly one of hte weirdest poeple ever. don't ask me why, but i am. i also love smilies (as some of you already know)
Old 05-30-2002, 02:46 PM   #5
Aosama, the Wandering Star
Wight

Aosama, the Wandering Star has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Depends. You can all call me Aosama (or Ama if you're feeling lazy and don't want to type a six-letter word)
Future Aspirations: to be published and to be an actress, to go to Juillard (maybe I'll meet Jessica Jade there [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])
Goal in life: to mean something to someone else; I mean to make a difference in a life
Short term goals: my Socials teacher has used the same exam for the past four years, and in all those years no one has ever gotten an A. I want to be the one who gets the first A, and win the Arts award for grade 9 Drama.
Passion: chocolate, the Downs, reading everything I can get my hands on (well almost anything)
Hobbies: reading, forum-ing, daydreaming
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): I am an accomplished actress! Not like you'll be seeing me in the movies anytime soon, but I was the lead in my school's production of "The Taming of the Shrew" (I was Kate) and the next best to the lead in our musical ("Everything's Groovy"; I was Alice). I'm told that I am good. I can't tell; I am much too biased [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I play the violin too.

Fave book: Lord of the Rings, The Velvet Room, Bridge to Terabithia, Adrian Mole
Fave movie: Disney's Robin Hood
Fave sport: swimming
Fave store: Xtreme (carries fav. brand, Roxy)
Fave music: Sixpence none the Richer, 'Christian', classical violin

What you can't stand: injustice in general, stupidity, refusal to see reason
What you plain dislike: raisins
Who you admire: Rosa Parks, my friend Joce, who knows everything there is to know about computers
What you most love to do: read, daydream, hike
Your self-confessed flaws: procrastination, inability to live in the 'real world', impatience, short tempered, cowardice. I am also very envious of Gimli son of Gloin right now, for his cool birthday present.
What intrigues/fascinates you: psycology, music, just the whys of humanity, water, history (ancient in particular)
What scares you: volcanoes, final exams, my gym teacher
Quotation to live by: Handsome is as handsome does.
-Sam

Additional comments: If in doubt, just ask. There is no such thing as a stupid question; just stupid answers. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I used to think of myself as good; but now I don't often think about it at all. I feel guilty for the slightest things; but I'm trying. I'll never be perfect; but when I'm the next best thing you'll all be the first to know.

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: Aosama, the Wandering Star ]
Aosama, the Wandering Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 02:49 PM   #6
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lothiriel Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Name (that you go by): Marie

Future Aspirations: Haven't completely decided on it yet. I wanna become a writer maybe, or a massuese (how the hell do you spell that!) Or a fashion designer, I don't know! Something that I know I'll love and want to do for the rest of my career. Or maybe a teache that teaches Tolien classes! I'd LOVE that.And I love to hike, find my own trails and stuff, but there's no job in that.

Goal in life: To actually make a difference in life, or in someone's life. I want to marry Billy Boyd! Or one of the others on the list...And just to live a happy life.

Short term goals: To not give up on what I set my mind to. And to have SOME patience toward my completly annoying and hypocritical sister.

Passion: Listening to my music and just daydreaming. Tolkien books. Fantasy books. Basically everything related to the fantasy world. Elves..

Hobbies: Listening to Nickelback, NIN, STP, and other of my favorite music groups, daydreaming, hiking, reading.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Hmmmm, ok well I am generally a nice person. I'm compassionate and caring.

Fave book: The Silmarillion, The Lord of the Rings, The Sword of Shannara, The Elfstones of Shannara (I'm only on The Elfstones now, but I most likely will like the other books I still need to read)

Fave movie: The Fellowship of the Rings (so far, I still have to see the 2 others!)A Night at the Roxbury is hilarious, Dumb and Dumber too, but they don't even come CLOSE to LotR!

Fave sport: Hiking, hockey. (really not a sport person)

Fave store: Barnes and Nobles.....I too can spend hours in there! All I need is a lot of money now...

Fave music: Alright! Like I said, Nickelback, NIN, Stone Temple Pilots, Sevendust, ok basically heavy metal and hard rock groups. Umm, I like listening to Enya too. Bagpipes and Cellos, but don't listen to them much, they're still cool though!

What you can't stand: When people can be so mean to others, especially those who are hurt (emotionally, physically, whatever)and disabled. And hypocrites! Big-headedness (like REALLY conceited and full of themselves)And when people purposely make you feel bad. And the way people react to the "popular". I hate it. Your only popular because you consider yourself that, why does everyone not comprehend that! And I mean this in the sense of little groups and stuff, like in highschool. (wow, long list!)

What you plain dislike: All of the above

Who you admire: Tolkien, my reading teacher, anyone who is genuinely nice and compassionate and who treats others the way they should be treated, but not letting people step all over them.

What you most love to do: Daydream, read. Music, and hiking.

Your self-confessed flaws: I am stubborn sometimes (hey, it's in the blood!)and I can get annoyed very easily (yeah, look who's talking!) I try not to get an attitude when people just REALLY annoy me, but sometimes I do but I control it. (not that good mostly.)

What intrigues/fascinates you: The way some people seem to be in their own little world. People who are incredibly creative and talented (such as Tolkien himself and Viggo Mortensen)and the way really great books are written. The world that the writers create so magnificently.

What scares you: Spiders!! Sometimes ghosts, any bug really, and hights. They are pretty cool (sometimes) but I am just scared!

Quotation to live by:"Few can forsee whither their road will lead them, until they reach it's end."...Legolas (I hope I got the quote right) And I like this one too:
"Dreams are necessary to life."...Amon Nais (I hope I got his name right, lol!)
and:
"To stop dreaming is to stop living"...me

Additional comments: I love Billy.....yeah well, I'm not gonna bore you all anymore so I'm gonna end it here! Thanks to all of you who actually read this post of mine!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Lothiriel Silmarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 02:53 PM   #7
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Ok, one more thing. I forgot to put the rest of the Tolkien books as my favorite books, but you all get that now!
Old 05-30-2002, 03:07 PM   #8
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Joy
Occupation: Anything computers, I own my own company. Part time Tutor.
Future Aspirations: To be the largest ISP in my area [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img], but seriously, to be the best person I can be. To help point others in the right direction and minister God's love to all that I meet.
Goal in life: see above
Short term goals: To get through with this one web design project. Oh, and to lose 50lbs! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Passion: Studying the Bible, ministering to people that are hurting, helping people with whatever problems they have.
Hobbies: Reading, Riting, Rithmatic [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I've always wanted to say that! I love writing, it gives me a sense of accomplishment. I read almost everything that I get my hands on. Not much else, except for staying on this message board.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): I am a great cook. I can cook just about anything. I am a great listening ear for all my friends and protegees.

Fave book: Any thing by Randy Alcorn, Frank Peretti, and Tolkien
Fave movie: Braveheart, Count of Monte Cristo, LotR
Fave sport: gymnastics (can't do it), swimming, and baseball - only if the Braves are winning.
Fave store: Books-A-Million, Wal-Mart, Sears
Fave music: ALmost anything except Rap and Hip-Hop. I perfer Contempory Praise and Worship like Hillsongs and Matt Redman.

What you can't stand: Busybodies, Showoffs, Stubborness, People who make fun of others because they are different, drugs and drug abusers.
What you plain dislike: Supugeti ga dai karai desu- I hate spagetti. That was one of the first things that I learned in Japanese.
Who you admire: My networking professor. She was the first woman engineer at GM, one of the head programmers at IBM. She overcame many problems in her personal life and overcame cancer 2x's.
What you most love to do: Help people, sing, dance, drama, and write.
Your self-confessed flaws: procrastination! See, I'm sitting here rather than finish up that project!
What intrigues/fascinates you: Languages, The Human Body, nature, the universe.. Ahh, the overheavens and the Sundering Seas - sound a bit like Pippin
What scares you: Not much.. I guess snakes and scorpions.
Quotation to live by: When you can't see God's hand, trust His heart. - My mentor and friend.

Additional comments: Live life to it's fullest, tomorrow may not come!

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: Joy ]

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 03:50 PM   #9
Aralaithiel
Ghost Eldaran Queen

Aralaithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Name: Nárëlindalë Aralaithiel, High Noble Queen of the Eldar, daughter of Elrond Eärendil of Imladris...or just Aralaithiel or Your Majesty! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Occupation: Clinical Secretary for the anesthesia Department @ Saint Francis Hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Future Aspirations: To become a writer of fantasy novels and to be able to jump 4' fences horseback.
Short term goals: To finish my fan fic (on book 2 now!) and master gait transitions in dressage.
Favorite Sports: Horseback riding and hockey (Go Pittsburgh Penquins!)
Hobbies: Horseback riding, writing, leading a Bible study at my church, model horse collecting, Star Trek,learning & speaking Gaelic, Quenya, Sindarin, and Spanish, and talking Tolkien and other fantasy writers.
Passion: see hobbies
Famous for: My Tolkien fan fiction "The Tale of Aralaithiel" and my puns. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Favorite food: Italian, Chinese, or good ol' American BBQ
Favorite books: The Bible, anything by Anne McCaffrey, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Piers Anthony, Douglas Adams, and of course Tolkien.
Favorite movies: anything Monty Python, Braveheart, Dead Poets Society, Finding Forrester, LOTR, The Princess Bride, Ladyhawke.
Fave store: Barnes & Noble, Talbot's
Fave music: Rockabilly, Celtic, Heavy Metal, anything BUT rap/hip-hop!
Person I admire most: My mother in law! She taught me that being a Christian can be fun, and she shared my love of Tolkien and Star Trek! She passed away 3 years ago. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I am looking forward to seeing her in heaven.
What I can't stand: Apathy
What intrigues me: Genetics, Languages, animals - especially horses and cats.
What frightens me most: Balloons
Confessed personality flaws: I am a perfectionist.
Quotation to live by: Dance as if no one was watching, sing as if no one was listening, And live every day as if it were your last! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: Aralaithiel ]

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: Aralaithiel ]
Old 05-30-2002, 04:08 PM   #10
dragongirlG
Wight

dragongirlG has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Ginger, or G for short
Future Aspirations: get a job that I love and enjoy doing; find and go to a college that appeal to my interests and abilities
Goal in life: write a shocking, best-selling novel, direct a film
Short term goals: practice violin and piano like I should
Passion: writing, acting, singing, debating
Hobbies: writing, composing music, web design, taking weird online quizzes that analyze my persona into a movie/book character, stereotype, or completely random object, and psychology
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): a lot of academic stuff…winning the school spelling bee, was a finalist in the county one; getting all A’s in middle school; being nitpicky about grammar; being a section leader in orchestra for violin, playing violin well; playing piano well; thinking too much compared to my classmates (being "deep"); writing a lot…writing very good essays, good poetry, nice fiction…writing lots of thought-provoking, weird, radical stuff; dancing in my city's production of The Nutcracker even though I'm not a good dancer; being good at Spanish; scoring really high on standardized tests; being the smartest person in the class, haha

Fave book: The Lord of the Rings and Tolkien’s books, Lord of the Flies by William Golding, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, Dune by Frank Herbert, and the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling (long list, I know)
Fave movie: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, The LotR: the FotR, The Matrix
Fave sport: swimming, gymnastics
Fave store: Barnes & Noble. That place rocks! Coffee shop, couches, and tons of new books...what more could one want?
Fave music: classical, impressionistic, my own compositions, Venetian Gondola Song in f# minor by Mendhelsson, and some pop is okay (that song "I Hope you Dance")
Fave food: Italian, all the way, baby!
What you can't stand: people who are really hypocrites (I know sometimes we all are, but people who are chronically hypocritical), cheaters, narrow-mindedness, overprotectiveness (not saying that because of my parents), slackers who still get a good grade even though they didn't do the work, jerks, thugs, people who do stuff that's completely unjustified and they know it, and people who just can't see the other side of things, how passing or failing a grade depend on one completely useless standardized test, the parents' bragging game and how that makes parents force their kids into an SAT class that they hate and in which they don't learn anything, and liars
(Long list!)
What you plain dislike: PeEpLe HoO tYpE LyKe dIsH, people who purposely spell things wrong online (not including abbreviations), wet umbrellas inside the house, getting up early and not having any strength during the day to do anything or concentrate on anything, all-nighters, alcoholic beverages, secondhand smoke, pop-up ads on the Internet
Who you admire: my sister, Natalie Portman (Heck, she's at Harvard, doesn't want to be really famous, and is a great actress), good listeners, eloquent people who argue and debate well, and lots and lots people here on the 'Downs
What you most love to do: write fiction and essays that argue about weird things, design my website
Your self-confessed flaws: procrastination, pride, prejudice; I'm judgmental and paranoid, and I spend way too much time online
What intrigues/fascinates you: fencing, binary numbers, psychology
What scares you: spiders, bugs, death by hanging or burning, and nightmares
Quotation to live by: "I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate." --George Burns

"To be nobody but yourself--in a world which is doing its best, day and night, to make you everybody else--means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight, and never stop fighting." --EE Cummings

"There is no such thing as perfection--you just go as far as you can go." -my piano teacher

Additional comments: This survey was partly taken from my About Me page and my friend Patrick's http://pattr66.tripod.com/id17.htmAbout Me</a> page...Jessica Jade is my sister, after all.

I'd just like to extend a huge thank you to all the members of this site, who allowed me to enjoy reading and participating in such great discussions on excellent subject matter.

About my personality...well, I think I'm a pretty nice, quiet person, and I have a hidden dark edge that doesn't usually come out in public or online, only in my writing. I can be extremely mean, though I feel terribly guilty afterward. My friends think I'm perfect and tell me to stop being so, but I'm not perfect, really. I think it's very unfortunate that money is so important nowadays, because it prevents a lot of talent in the fine arts from being discovered. I don't like to brag unless someone asks me to tell about my achievements (like in the survey above.) In an English class production in 8th grade, I played a dorky future Olympian named Inteligencia. Among my friends, I am known as "the Brain."

Geez, I write a lot! That's me, done, now let's hear what others have to say!

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: dragongirlG ]
dragongirlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 06:26 PM   #11
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Name (that you go by): Ben
Future Aspirations:live in a real hobbit hole
Goal in life: have fun
Short term goals: pass finals, graduate, go on to college
Passion: LotR, biking
Hobbies: playing alto sax, marching band
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): being the craziest nut case my friends have ever known

Fave book: Silmarillion
Fave movie: LotR: FotR
Fave sport:Biking, kayaking
Fave store: dunno
Fave music: good music

What you can't stand: annoying, stupid people
What you plain dislike: same
Who you admire: my friends
What you most love to do: have fun
Your self-confessed flaws: hehehe
What intrigues/fascinates you: lotsa stuff
What scares you: not much
Quotation to live by:
"Never stop breathing" - Me (i think)
Additional comments: this is fun, i luv the downs, yay.

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: Lindolirian ]
Old 05-30-2002, 06:28 PM   #12
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gimli Son Of Gloin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): My nickname is Gort
Future Aspirations: Academition
Goal in life: Be sucessful, raise a family
Short term goals: Gather enough guts to tell this girl I like in my class that I like her.(anyone have any suggestions?)
Passion:Books, football, and Tolkien
Hobbies: Computer games and
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Being the smartest guy in school(I'm serious [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

Fave book:LotR
Fave movie:U-571
Fave sport:Football
Fave store:A book store
Fave music:Bach

What you can't stand: When people use "who" in the place of "whom"
What you plain dislike: Jerks
WhoM!* you admire: STALIN!(Actually not)ummmmm... My father(sorta)
What you most love to do: eat, read, sleep
Your self-confessed flaws: I talk too much
What intrigues/fascinates you: GIRLS!(jk)Great literature
What scares you:Extreme embarresment, The Wrath Of God
Quotation to live by:
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"
St. John 15:13

Additional comments: Nothin' gets at ya like a baked possum-unless there two.

*I know the verb is after the object, but I still use "whom", however "who" is perfectly acceptable.

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: Gimli Son Of Gloin ]
Old 05-30-2002, 07:02 PM   #13
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Boy, is anyone interested?

Name (that you go by): Marileangorifurnimaluim

Age: ancient, and getting older fast, just count the rings...

Future Aspirations: i'm kinda standing in the middle of my future right now, and since i'm here, it's hard to talk about future aspirations.. whatever they were, i'm here now.

Goal in life: sounds kinda final, like once you've finished that goal, that's it.

Hobbies: Buddhism, buddhism, buddhism

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): being in the wrong place at the right time, and thus causing a whole lot of trouble to the wrong kind of people for all the right reasons. Confused yet?

Fave book: since i've read the lotr 30 times..

Fave movie: Airplane!
Fave sport: sport?
Fave store: store?
Fave music: Danse Infernale from Stravinski's Firebird Suite.

What you can't stand: my opinions seem to have faded with time, everything seems to be relative the more I look at it.

Who you admire: most people, for whatever is unique and remarkable about them.

What you most love to do: sit in retreat.

Your self-confessed flaws: not seeing the forest for the trees. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2002, 08:19 PM   #14
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Name (that you go by): Julie
Future Aspirations: to be a published author
Goal in life: to understand myself, to be accepted for who i am
Short term goals: pass exams
Passion: see hobbies
Hobbies:Fanfiction, BD-ing, riding, skiinging, reading
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): i am a namless enentity. know and fear me. at school, i have a rep of being a total b*tch, and entierly cracked

Fave book: Lotr, anything by Tamora Pierce
Fave movie: FotR, Airplane!
Fave sport:Riding. but id nevr compete. i prefer just galloping wildly and jumping over random things(did that in a lesson once. one of the best experiences of my life. though my teacher nearly boxed my ears afterwards)

Fave store: Indigo!
Fave music: Michelle Branch

What you can't stand: if i said all of it, id overload the downs. hres a short list: Mary-Sues, Flamers, those peeps on ff.nt who are obsessed with grammer, people who think they can walk all over me, people who try and take away my identity, and want me to be like very other carbon-copy girl out there, My Mum, when she tells me i shouldnt be obsessed with Tolkien, peeps who tell me to get a grip, the Popular People who look down their noses at me, peeps who discriminate angainst other peeps, Bullies who say mean things about someone, Canadians who say Americans are all fluff-brained zombies (HELLO! i lived there for a year. i should know)

What you plain dislike: Polotics in genral (WAY over my head), Math (my teacher is brill, though),computers and Pork (a cross btween chicken and bacon? no thank you)

Who you admire:Tolkien

What you most love to do: Ride, and read

Your self-confessed flaws: im very proud, i love my freedom too much, i have this little tendency to rant(as you might have noticed), my emotions are very exreme. o ya, and then theresa that temper like wild horses to deal with...

What intrigues/fascinates you: Life. Life fasicnaytes me.

What scares you: Bugs and snakes(arachniphobe here). thought the biggest has to be dying without accomplishing anything in my life.

Quotation to live by: "The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places: but there is still much that is fair, and though in all lands, love is now mingled with grief, to grow perhaps the greater."- Haldir

Additional comments: ya, i know, i come off like the phycotic b*tch from hell, but im actually a nice person. its just, well, i have a little tendency to, er, rant, and i seem not-so-nice. dont hold my bad qualities against me! ive been walked on too many times in my short life, and that makes one, well...... prickly.

[ June 01, 2002: Message edited by: Losthuniel ]
Losthuniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 09:15 PM   #15
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Question

Quote:
Nárëlindalë Aralaithiel, High Noble Queen of the Eldar, daughter of Elrond Eärendil of Imladris...or just Aralaithiel or Your Majesty!
Modest as ever I see... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway...

Name (that you go by): I don't care for my real name very much (too boring) so I'm not telling. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Occupation: You mean what I do for money, or what I actually do?

Future Aspirations: Uh, I'll get back to you, unless of course anyone has any bright ideas.

Goal in life: Hopefully, to find my niche in life and be content within it.

Short term goals: Make it through college. (Which is no small feat.)

Passion: Reading, computer stuff, history

Hobbies: I don't really have time for them right now.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Alas, nothing at all.

Fave book: Tolkien, of course, and maybe some other things too. I don't know there's so much.

Fave movie: Depends on what mood I'm in.

Fave sport: Football (American version)

Fave store: Ummm...

Fave music: Rap or classical (quite a combo, huh?)

What you can't stand: Stupidity and incompetence.

What you plain dislike: More stupidity and incompetence.

Who you admire: Sadly, I don't really admire anybody.

What you most love to do: Things in general.

Your self-confessed flaws: I have a big mouth and have a tendency to tell people exactly what I think of them at inappropriate moments. It is usually not flattering. I also tend to totally ignore or blow off people I don't like. I've been told that this habit is really annoying.

What intrigues/fascinates you: Why people do the dumb things they do.

What scares you: Days where my server is down and I can't access the Internet.

Quotation to live by: "Do not do evil because it is a small evil; do not leave undone a small good because it is a small good."
Liu Bei-Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"The Wise Teacher said, 'He who offends against heaven has no one to pray to.'"
Cao Cao-Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Additional comments: That's about it. I'm a pretty forgettable guy overall, which can be a good thing. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ June 18, 2002: Message edited by: Kuruharan ]
Old 05-30-2002, 09:28 PM   #16
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Name (that you go by): Kelly
Future Aspirations:costume designer
Goal in life:get married, have a family, complete with a Pyrenean mountain dog (which I think is one of the most beautiful dogs I've ever seen)
Short term goals : passing TAKS (a new kind of exam I'll have to take next year, it's supposed to be harder!)
Passion:reading, shopping, internet, drawing, planning, etc.
Hobbies:same as above.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself):Uhhhh, I made a 92 on my French exam. . . (it's honors, too! Go me!)

Fave book:Uhhhh. . . [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Fave movie:LotR:FotR, Die Hard (except for LotR, it's the best movie ever made!)
Fave sport:Sports? Well, the only time I was ever on a sports team, I was about 5 or 6, and I got my hair stuck in the soccer goal (I wasn't the goalie)
Fave store:Barnes and Noble
Fave music:no comment

What you can't stand:bugs, people who are mean, bugs, people who talk about things they know I don't understand, bugs, people who judge a book (and a movie) by its cover, and bugs.
What you plain dislike: ROACHES!!!! EWWWWW!!
Who you admire:my grandmother, my mother, and Tolkien.
What you most love to do:surf the 'net, read, play computer games, watch TV (Comedy Central all the way!)
Your self-confessed flaws:I talk a lot, spend too much time on the 'net (according to my dad)
What intrigues/fascinates you:Greek and Roman mythology, LotR, Legolas
What scares you:scary movies/books/stories, bugs, esp. roaches.
Quotation to live by:Everyone's prince will come; mine just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is too stubborn to ask for directions.

Additional comments:Uhhhh. . . [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] AND if God wanted me to see the sunrise, he would have made it later in the day AND Friends are the chocolate chips in the cookie of life. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: Nevfeniel ]

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: Nevfeniel ]
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 10:22 PM   #17
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Name (that you go by): MELANIE MAY
Future Aspirations: TO MAKE A CAREER OUT OF ACTING
Goal in life: SEE ABOVE, I DON'T CARE ABOUT BEING FAMOUS, I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO WORK!
Short term goals: TO GRADUATE AND START LOOKING FOR WORK
Passion: ACTING, MUSIC, ART, AND NATURE
Hobbies: ACTING, READING, SINGING, DRAWING, PAINTING, OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, WEBSITE BUILDING, GOING TO MOVIES AND PLAYS
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): WELL, DOWNRIVER I AM KNOWN FOR MY SET DESIGNS AND MY ACTING, BUT ON A LARGER SCOPE I HAVE NO IDEA. I GUESS I AM KNOWN AS THE ONE WHO GOT AWAY, BECAUSE I AM THE ONLY ONE OF MY GROUP OF FRIENDS THAT MOVED AWAY FOR SCHOOL.

Fave book: THE LORD OF THE RINGS, THE LAST UNICORN, SISTER CARRIE
Fave movie: FOTR, THE LAST UNICORN, THE THREE MUSKETEERS, THE CRADLE WILL ROCK
Fave sport: UM, DOES FENCING COUNT?
Fave store: EITHER TOWER RECORDS OR VIRIGIN MEGASTORE
Fave music: WELL, I AM A BIG FAN OF THE WHITE STRIPES AND THE VON BONDIES FOR PERSONAL REASON, BUT OTHERWISE I LOVE SOUNDTRACKS, CLASSIC ROCK, NEW AGE AND DETROIT MUSIC!

What you can't stand: PEOPLE WHO HURT OTHER PEOPLE ON PURPOSE
What you plain dislike: SAME AS ABOVE + THOSE CRAZY PEOPLE IN CHICAGO WHO WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE ON THE TRAIN
Who you admire: MY SISTER - AFTER TOUGH HIGH SCHOOL YEARS SHE HAS REALLY GONE FAR (ELIJAH WOOD IS ACTUALLY A FAN OF HER, WELL, I SHOULD SAY OF HER BAND)
What you most love to do: HANG OUT WITH FRIENDS AND WALK THROUGH THE WOODS
Your self-confessed flaws: I TALK... A LOT! I CAN GET MOODY AND TEMPERMENTAL AS WELL.
What intrigues/fascinates you: LIFE ITSELF, NATURE, THE EARTH, THE UNIVERSE, THE MIND, CREATIVITY, TALENT
What scares you: THE FUTURE, LIFE, GHOSTS (I WORK AT A VERY OLD MUSEUM, IT'S CREEPY & THERE ARE LOTS OF STORIES)
Quotation to live by: "EVERYONE IS NECESSARILY THE HERO OF THEIR OWN LIFE STORY: - I THINK THAT'S RIGHT, IT'S ALSO IN MY SIG.

Additional comments: HMMM... THIS IS A REALLY GREAT THREAD. EVERYONE HERE IS REALLY INTERESTING AND TALENTED! I HAVE NO OTHER COMMENTS ABOUT MY SELF, BECAUSE I WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 10:31 PM   #18
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

burrahobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Jimmy (Ha HA!)
Future Aspirations: Monkey science.
Goal in life: Monkey science.
Short term goals: Buy the Mad Max DVD, become not sick
Passion: Monkey science.
Hobbies: Fighting for the cause.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Fighting for the cause.

Fave book: HHGTTG trilogy (all five parts), LotR (and other Tolkien crap), Dune quintology
Fave movie: Puma Man
Fave sport: Urban camping.
Fave store: The Interweb.
Fave music: My *** is on Fire by Mr. Bungle, gangsta rap

What you can't stand: poo
What you plain dislike: small amounts of poo
Who you admire: dead people, mostly
What you most love to do: I'm not sure that you want to know that.
Your self-confessed flaws: far too generous and generally nice
What intrigues/fascinates you: Monkey science.
What scares you: Poo.
Quotation to live by: I would do nothing.

Additional comments: Wear sunscrean.

[ June 01, 2002: Message edited by: burrahobbit ]
Old 05-30-2002, 10:35 PM   #19
orlandoandsaran
Haunting Spirit

orlandoandsaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to orlandoandsaran
Shield

Name (that you go by): damn! i forgot.

Future Aspirations: gee...haven't thought of tht yet.

Goal in life: be really succesful in my work. Have a good circle of family and friends.

Short term goals: Do well in my exams *double bleahh*

Passion: fan fiction and writing stupid stories.

Hobbies: sleeping! shopping with Faramir...i hope!, dancing, writing fan fic, working out.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): I don't really like to say anything about myself.

Fave book: Anything from JRR Tolkien, Terry Pratchett and Jkk Rowling.

Fave movie: Lord of the Rings:Fotr, StarWars:AOTC, The Mummy Returns, and lots more.

Fave sport: I hate sports! I only like working out at home where nobody can see me.

Fave store: From the thrifty stores to the damn expensive ones.

Fave music: The calling!! Creed, Blink 182, Sum 41, Ash, Cher, Train, South Park, Britney, Mandy Moore, Mozart, Beethoven and Chopin, Nelly Furtado and Goo Goo Dolls.

What you can't stand: People who think they're SO perfect, people who accuse you of doing something, People who talk badly about you even though they don't know you, hard metallic songs which has no tune at all. My little brother, and school exams.

What you plain dislike: I hate life.( I'm feeling very depressed right now and i hate it.)

Who you admire: My mum! I love her. But i do not admire her. I do not admire anyone.

What you most love to do: I want to meet Orlando and i want to do all extreme sports. I also want to be on a shopping spree.

Your self-confessed flaws: I tend to be very straight forward which some of my friends hate but they can always get the truth from me.

What intrigues/fascinates you: Nothing. yet.

What scares you: My friends know how to freak me out with this stupid, scary and freaky noise which makes me really scared. But i think i have other things that i'm afraid of...only i haven't found out.

Quotation to live by: Sadly, I don't have one.
Old 05-30-2002, 11:11 PM   #20
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Thinhyandoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thinhyandoiel
Eye

Name (that you go by): Hey you! usually works for me. lol. Actually, online I'm usually known as Midnightrogue, in the "real world" I am Shannon
Future Aspirations: To get a book published, travel to Europe again, go to New Zealand, learn to drive (don't laugh! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]), get into NAIT to take a Computer Engineering course
Goal in life: To live long and fully
Short term goals: Right now? Get a good grade in my Math30P class. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Passion: Literature or any form of story-telling (this includes video games, movies, etc.)
Hobbies: Playing video games, surfing the net, reading, writing, playing ze flute, going to the movies (at least once a week), and drawing
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): I don't much like to brag, and can think of nothing to brag about. At school I am known as "She-who-studies-naught-and-aces-everything" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Okay, so I do brag.

Fave book: *gasp* Lord of the Rings
Fave movie: LOTR:FOTR, Braveheart, Gladiator, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within, Resident Evil, Spider Man, X-men, I could keep going, but figure that's enough
Fave sport: Hockey!!!!!!!!!
Fave store: Any electronics store
Fave music: Instrumental, though I do love the BSB (which I get teased often for. I'm NOT a half-crazed fan. I just like the music)

What you can't stand: Racism. I will absolutely NOT tolerate it, as one of my classmates remembers from grade school. (I hit him.) Also, the teenyboppers. Girls who are boy-crazed, and people who seem to know nothing but self-absorbant fawning. Also Americans who IM me just to pick on Canada. I've come to the point where I just say "No, my polar bear's in the shop, thanks, so I had to skate to school today in -60 degree weather. Yesterday, I got mad at my neighbour and licked his house down. Then I went home, sat on my chesterfield (it's a couch dang-nabbit!!) and watched some hockey for eight hours."
What you plain dislike: People who blow their nose infront of me. Call me wierd, but it just grosses me out.
Who you admire: My family, friends, Hironobu Sakaguchi, Nobuo Uematsu, and Tolkien
What you most love to do: Play video games
Your self-confessed flaws: I am the shyest person you will ever meet in person, and I have a bit of an attitude. I'm an introvert.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Mythology, History, other religions, magic
What scares you: Ghosts. I own one meself, but this ones just annoying. I'm talking about the SCARY ones.
Quotation to live by: I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend your right to say it.

Additional comments: none, really. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: Thinhyandoiel ]

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: Thinhyandoiel ]
Thinhyandoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 11:39 PM   #21
Naaramare
Wight

Naaramare has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Naaramare
Tolkien

Name (that you go by): Meredith, Merry, Mer-ka, Fire's Bliss, dearheart or Arwen (depending on the mailinglist): On my legal Birth Certificate is Meredith Arwen Temple (yes, really)

Age: Old enough to think I know better. Young enough that I can still get away with it. (17, going on 37)

Occupation: Writer, reader, singer, actress, student, coffee girl, counsellor, psychoanalyst, daydreamer, religious sounding board and Official Wry Commentator

Future Aspirations: to sing with the Vancouver Bach Choir, to go to Scotland, Ireland and Britain, to fall in love (hah! ), to have children and a career, and other such impossible nonesense.

Goal in life: to become a respected, published author.

Short term goals: to pass Math 11 in BC

Passion: writing, singing, music, Bach

Hobbies: writing, reading, singing, psychoanlysis, the internet, debating impossible points.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): winning an unwinnable mock-court case in Humanities; going to Provincial Voice Festival twice; writing fifty-seven pages of a story in three weeks; having my very own Dictionary of Big F****** Words; knowing Tolkien backwards, forwards and upside down.

Fave book: LotR, Fionavar Tapestry, Last Herald Mage Trilogy, Pride and Prejudice

Fave movie: Star Wars (all) FotR, Princess Bride, Dead Poets' Society, Philidelphia, Dogma

Fave sport: fencing, tai chi

Fave store: Chapters, Le Chateau, Artemis

Fave music: Bach, Handel, Malice Mizer, Wyrd Sisters, whatever strikes me at the moment

What you can't stand: religious and homophobic discrimination and hatred

What you plain dislike: assumptions of superiority

Who you admire: gutsiness, grace, humility (I don't have it ^~), articulateness, reverence

What you most love to do: sing, write (when my muse permits), walk in the sunlight

Your self-confessed flaws: lazy, arrogant, hypercritical (of self and others), liar (occasionally), self-absorbed.

What intrigues/fascinates you: how people lie so much that they believe their own lies; how we project our own psyches through our characters; how people interact; how people hate it when you know them better than they do; how music affects people whether they admit it or not

What scares you: the fact that a wrong turning down an alleyway can put me at the mercy of homophobic religious nutcase teenaged boys with knives.

Quotation to live by:
"Grace is God, and grace is everywhere: the moment we forgive or a silent reverent prayer." --Wyrd Sisters, God

"Don't panic." --Hitchhiker's Guide

Additional comments: If I could sum up the meat of human existance into one line, I would. But I can't. Go out there and live for yourselves.

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: Naaramare ]

si man i yulma nin equantuva? [my blog]
Naaramare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 11:59 PM   #22
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I'm gonaa extend my list a little

What you can't stand: jerky people, people who talk about things I know about but really know nothing about (blah, that was a mouthful) people whom insult my family but are bigger than me (GRRRRRR), the smell of perfume , when my hair gets too long and I can't comb it and I look like I have half an affro

What you plain out hate: The smell of perfume, people whom insult other people freely and don't care but when insulted raise hell,

BTW, Jessica Jade; no Communism? (jk, Go Stalin! (oh sry, I hate Communism concepts too)

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: Gimli Son Of Gloin ]
Old 05-31-2002, 10:51 AM   #23
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Whew, after reading all these amazing facts about you people, I am gonna add my own stats ^_^

Name (that you go by): Karin, "claro" or Gayahithwen. I used to go by the name "Athena Emira/Auroria Emira" or "Ixchel Gayahithwen" as well, but not that mucch anymore.. I have a very split personality.. ^_^
Age: Gee.. Do you really wanna know? Ok, I'm 16 - a great age!
Occupation: Right now I am studying.. Future Aspirations: To become a writer. To have a great life with God, doing his will and to be a journalist. And other stuff like that.
Goal in life: To be a published writer, to live happily ever after.
Short term goals: Getting into the next part of school. (In sweden we have a quite complicated system.. I think, but next part would be something like college) Having higher grades at the end of this term.
Passion: Jesus, reading, writing, surfing the net, being with my friends, looking for online competitions [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Hobbies: Mostly same as passion. PLus, going to the library.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Ok, I am the smartest person in my class - seriously! I've read thousands of books.. once again, I'm serious.. I calculated it, and I've read at least 2000 books. Writing good essays in school. Passing all the "national tests" (Swedish, English, Math) as best or second best (2nd best was in Math).. LoL, thats about it.. I have a great deal of failures, and stuff, look below [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Fave book: Trilogy of the Ring, the Hobbit, the Silmarillion.. anything Terry Pratchett.. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (all five books)
Fave movie: Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, A.I., anything Monty Python (especially Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
Fave sport: uuumm.. I like watching soccer on TV.. as long as Sweden wins [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Fave store: Alpha Omega - a colour and clothing shop owned by a friend
Fave music: the soundtrack to FotR.. Hillsong and dc Talk [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

What you can't stand: a person in my klass called "Koffa" (short for christoffer). he is so annoying! otherwise, being left alone...
What you plain dislike: when people are talking loud on math lessons.
Who you admire: my youth-team leader, Gina. She is really awesome! She have to small boys, Kevin (1,5 years) and Oliver (1 month) and still, she makes sure to show up on meetings and making sure to talk to everyone in the youth-group, cheering everybody up. and she lets all of us hold lil' Oliver! Other people I admire is JESUS, Tolkien and the Barrow-Wight.
What you most love to do: Reading. Thinking up philosophical questions and asking my friends them, making sure they'll be really confused.. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Your self-confessed flaws: Ok, here it is.. I almost never do my homework, I have a really bad temper, and when I lose it, I will beat the sh** out of whoever annoyed me to that extence.. I am a loner and daydreamer and can't be stubborn enough to do things like cleaning up my room or do my homework, although I can be stubborn enough otherwise.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Elvish, thunder and lightening, good books
What scares you: the thought of being "left behind".. not getting any good grades at the end of this year..
Quotation to live by:
"Why are people mean towards people when people are nice to people?" - my uncle, fifty years ago

"Be wary what you think, because thoughts evolves to words.
Be wary what you say, because words evolves to actions.
Be wary what you do, because actions evolve to habits.
Be wary of your habits, because they become your lifestyle.
Be wary of your lifestyle, for it will be your doom." - freehand translation of a quote I found in the swedish form of Reader's Digest.

Additional comments: Well, I disagrre with Aosama.. there are things as dumb questions, and the will get dumb answers ^_^
I love most people, except for Koffa (my annoying classmate) and Cable girl (a K. Bell that I met at a Hogwarts site..^_^).. Ask me if there is anything, and I'll try to answer!
Old 05-31-2002, 02:32 PM   #24
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Ok, I left out a lot of things, but most of you won't read this anyway-it just makes me feel better to know that I posted this up.

Ok, first of all, let's start out with what I left out in future aspirations: I wanna become an actress too. And I wanna have a good relationship someday.

And what I fear: Not falling in love one day (yeah, corny I know) and having my computer taken away from me!!!!!

And I absolutely love that quote that from Nevefeniel- Everyone's prince will come; mine just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is too stubborn to ask for directions.
Old 05-31-2002, 02:57 PM   #25
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Lothirien - I agree with you. That quote is really funny! And I read all of this topic.. Just to make sure I knew a little bit what the others had posted.. Mostly, I think this is a thing you do to "have it done".. might be fun to go back to in ten years.. or if you want to get to know a little more about a certain person.
Old 05-31-2002, 05:34 PM   #26
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
Thinking up philosophical questions and asking my friends them, making sure they'll be really confused..
I do that I too. it's hilarious, because all my friends are stupid.
Old 05-31-2002, 05:56 PM   #27
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Name (that you go by): Lush.

Age: Old enough to see over the bar, young enough to get carded and promptly kicked out (in the good ol' US of A, that is).

Occupation: Student, restaurant hostess, leech on family finances.

Future Aspirations: To write, to travel, and to learn how to balance a spoon on my nose.

Goal in life: Get satisfaction (suffer Mick, suffer!), spread it to others, then talk St. Peter into letting me in!

Short term goals: Get through Duke without turning blue (I'm already a devil as it is).

Passion: Many things illegal and/or fattening.

Hobbies: Studying the patterns of freckles on certain people's arms, sulking with a book, and dancing with a beer.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Sheer clothing, appaling taste in men, appealing taste in perfume, winning the Faculty Appreciation Award at Graduation, and then telling everyone that it was certainly NOT my academic skills but, uh, other talents, that ensured the trophy. Hehehe.

Fave book: The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov, White Teeth by Zadie Smith, The End of the Affair by Graham Greene, oh and that little book called The Lord of the Rings.

Fave movie: Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, Velvet Goldmine, Moulin Rouge!, American Beauty, The Breakfast Club, Office Space, LotR: FotR.

Fave sport: Soccer baby, yeah! Not to mention soccer players. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Fave store: B & N. By the way, this is an official note to the store, petitioning them to erect a statue in my honor, for all the hard-earned money I spend on them.

Fave music: British rock from the 60's to the present, techno, jazz, listening to a friend sing in the shower.

What you can't stand: Surveys. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

What you plain dislike: Didn't you just ask me that?

Who you admire: My mother, for living with me, without trying to bash my head in. Not even once! Ditto for my father.

What you most love to do: Constructing satisfactory sentences, and stringing them into stories. That, and eating, reading, and sleeping. In that order.

Your self-confessed flaws: Being better than everyone else (read: megalomania).

What intrigues/fascinates you: Men with blue eyes and high cheekbones

What scares you: Men with blue eyes and high cheekbones.

Quotation to live by:'Let no exorciser harm thee!
Nor no witchcraft charm thee!
Ghost unlaid forbear thee!
Let nothing ill come near thee!
Quiet consummation have;
And unown'ed be thy grave!'

'If life is a waste of time, and time a waste of life, then let us all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!'

Additional comments: Do you know where I was and what I did last night? Because I sure don't. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks for a great forum, everyone!
Old 05-31-2002, 11:21 PM   #28
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

LOL Lush! Cheers to you! Last night you were at the drugstore, buying some beer, and you bumped into Viggo Mortensen.. do you want to hear the rest? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-Maril
Old 06-01-2002, 12:54 AM   #29
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Location: A roaming Middle-Earth wanderer in the guise of a Ranger
Laiedheliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Laiedheliel
Sting

Tee hee, this looks like fun, though...Nah, nevermind! *Takes a deep breath and plunges in*

Name (that you go by): Other than Laie, we're not sure right now, we'll get back to you. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Occupation: Student, writer, singer, peacemaker, maid, clown, fallen angel, dark persona no one recognizes, and that's enough...

Future Aspirations: Hum, hoom, to write, to mean something to someone special, to sing, to not have to get up before the sun, to finish college, to better myself, to learn how to live as me, not just be me, to get published, and to move to another country for at least a year.

Goal in life: Get my book published, to better myself, to mean something to someone special, and to learn how to live as me, not just be me.

Short term goals: Live through Senior High, or maybe just Finals.

Passion: The written word, music, reading, web designing and surfing, music, writing, music, chocolate, music, caffine, shopping, music, staying up past 1 in the morning, and music. And hiking and climbing trees, and I almost forgot, music.

Hobbies: Archery, writing, music, web design and surfing, reading, caffine, softball, hiking/climbing trees, and chillin' with my friends.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Anyone in my school who knows my name knows I am a writer. Sometimes you know that even before you know my name. If anyone has a computer question they usually come to me first. Also, my singing voice has taken me to concerts and competitions often within the last four or so years. Lastly, I am a big procrasinatior (sp?) and a somewhat messy person, and everyone knows it, after they've either been in my house or seen my locker. I get alotta compliments on my hair, which is almost waist length.

Fave book: I have read way too many books to pick a fav., but LotR stands out in my mind for some reason, and the Elric Saga.

Fave movie: Again, seen way too many, but pretty much anything action or anime.

Fave sport: Softball/baseball, tackle football, and archery.

Fave store: Barnes and Nobles, Borders, Hot Topics, Rue 21, Sears, Wal-Mart, and any music or electronic stores.

Fave music: Rock, punk, metal, classic rock back to the seventies, classic, instrumentals, NOT COUNTRY, and alternative.

What you can't stand: Procrastination, cleaning and chores, hypocrites, preps (no offence if you think you're preppy, 'cuz if you're on this site you are NOT on my preppy list), stupididy when it is not funny, being offended or made fun of, somebody thinking they are better than anyone, especially someone who is disabled or challanged, and anyone who says reading a book or writing a story is a waste of time or is not exciting.

What you plain dislike: All of the above, especially the last bit, cleaning and chores, and one particualar girl at my school...

Who you admire: Anne Frank, JRRT, the BW, this girl Jessica on my bus because she takes so much crap, Annie Oakley, and I really can't think of any more right now. Oh yeah, my English teacher!

What you most love to do: Write, play/listen/sing music, hike, climb trees, read, spend time with my friends.

Your self-confessed flaws: Procratination, an attitude and a big mouth, reaction without thought, staying up way too late, believing myself impervious and that everything is always okay, my looks (which everyone else always yells at me when I say stuff like that but I don't know why), my dark side, which is wildly present at all times of the day or night, and my tendancies to be dark and or mean/evil in the best possible ways.

What intrigues/fascinates you: The way men act/react, water, the meaning of life, God, color, the depth of the universe, stars, the moon and sun, the oceans, the clouds, why the sky is blue, how someone came up with the idea for a big interconnecting network called the 'Internet', how so many people can be so obessed by one book, nature, the possibility of other celestial or higher beings other than God and Jesus Christ, the written word, music, and the behaviors and mannerisims of people, their histories, the origins of those histories (ancient history), and time.

What scares you: SPIDERS!!! The dark, a life without music and books, and not having the ability to write and or sing.

Quotation to live by: 'Seize the moment.' 'Dreams are a wish your heart makes...'

Additional comments: I am a crazy, sometimes cynical, compassionate yet sometimes rather evil. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] And I probably don't look anything like what you imagine. I love you all! *Wipes a crystal tear away...*

This was fun! Tee hee... [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ June 01, 2002: Message edited by: Laiedheliel ]
Old 06-01-2002, 01:17 AM   #30
Orald
Shadow of Malice

Orald has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orald Send a message via Yahoo to Orald
Sting

Name: Orald, MacGyver.
Age: As old as the the youngest subatomic particle that helps make me up. I assume that is at least a couple billion years. Or you could say I am 20
Future Aspirations: To become a contract killer or a spy type guy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Goal in Life: to do something great for people to remember me by
Short Term Goals: have fun this summer.
Passion: i am passionate about nothing.
Famous For: nothing

Favorite Book: i haven't read enough to make an accurate judgment, but Silmarillion
Favorite Movie: again, haven't seen enough, but I will go with the Matrix seeing as my mind is blank.
Favorite Sport: Football a la Americana, Swimming
Favorite Store: American Outfitters, Gap
Favorite Music: just about any rock

What I Can't Stand: not sure
What I Plain Dislike: plenty of things
Who I admire: Mithadan, Sharku, a million others, and of course Kate [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. My best friend Mike.
What I Love to do the Most: sleep
Flaws: Sleep way too much. I am horrible at grammar. Become bored too easily. Careless. At times ambivalent to just about everything. Being right is more important than being fair or understanding someone. The list goes on...
What Intrigues Me: Human Nature, genealogy, genetics, sociology, history, geography, geology, religion and every other science just about.
What Scares Me: Lots of things. But basically growing old and never doing anything worth while, then looking back filled with regrets of the so called life I lived.
Quotation to Live by: See my signature
Orald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 02:11 AM   #31
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Sting

Name (that you go by): George Lashkhi
Future Aspirations: freedom (meaning gaining money enough for it)
Goal in life: to die with honor
Short term goals: trip to Germany
Passion: PC games (usually action with strategy elements, but not modern wars, but fantasy-like), intellectual contests (kind of jeopardy game named “what?where?when?”, but with a team consisted of 6 players)
Hobbies: composing music, writing poetry
Famous for: swimming, agility of mind (being defending champion of Georgia in “what? where? when?” games), freedom of speech
Fave book: Tree and Leaf by JRRT, Mere Christianity by C.S.Lewis
Fave movie: Next Best Thing, My Best Friend’s Wedding, Ar Daidardo (georgian, means “don’t worry&#8221 [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Fave sport: Formula 1 racing
Fave store: any kind of bookstore
Fave music: Metal (Royal Hunt, Savatage, Lacrimosa, Nightwish, Therion), Classical (Bach, Vivaldi)
What you can't stand: stupidity
What you plain dislike: giving orders (both when I’m doing it, and when I’m being ordered), any kind of claims on myself (by people)
Who you admire: -
What you most love to do: play on PC
Your self-confessed flaws: pride, great lot of lack of courage, laziness, overmuch talking
What intrigues/fascinates you: women
What scares you: unexplainable and illogical cruelty of some people
Quotation to live by: things might have been different, but the could not have been better
Additional comments -

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 02:37 AM   #32
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Daniel Telcontar
Future Aspirations: Get so much money I never have to make physical labour again.
Goal in life: To obtain immortality through writing.
Short term goals: Get through school.
Passion: PC games and books.
Hobbies: the same as above.
Famous for: an agile mind.
Fave book: LOTR
Fave movie: FOTR and Braveheart
Fave sport: Soccer
Fave store: The library ( the best invention after chocolate)!!
Fave music: Rock.
What you can't stand: To much to mention.
What you plain dislike: physical labour.
Who you admire: Many great writers
What you most love to do: reading books and playing computer.
Your self-confessed flaws: pride, laziness
What intrigues/fascinates you: That when you are a writer you get money without doing something.
What scares you: to be forgotten of this cruel world
Quotation to live by: I am never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken.
Old 06-01-2002, 03:56 AM   #33
goldwine
Haunting Spirit

goldwine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thanks for the fascinating insights into the lifestyles of the not-so-rich and not-so-famous! You are all even more interesting than I thought!
Name (that you go by):Goldwine, Goldie, Hey you, Thingy that works in the library
Occupation: Libarian (We really are interesting people...truly!)
Future Aspirations: finish paying kids school fees!
Goal in life: Travel around Australia in a 4WD
Short term goals: Survive 4 teenagers
Passion: Jesus (a little cliche but true)
Hobbies: Reading and chat! what else!
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Not much to brag about really!I love my friends and like to care for them.
Fave book: LOTR of course!
Fave movie: NOT FOTR!
Fave sport: Table Tennis (The sport of the discerning and unco-ordinated [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])
Fave store: Any clothing store!
Fave music: John Farnham. sigh.

What you can't stand: Rudeness!
What you plain dislike: Rudeness and more rudeness!
Who you admire:Lots of people for lots of reasons.
What you most love to do: Read! and swim
Your self-confessed flaws: Oh. the list is endless...I talk too much (really, you say!) worry about a myriad of little things, get cranky etc. etc. ad infinitum!
What intrigues/fascinates you:
What scares you: Drunk drivers. Really!

Additional comments: Keep adding to the list guys! Lets make it a complete collection!
Old 06-01-2002, 07:29 AM   #34
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Am I the only one to have selected Die Hard as fave movie?!? Come on, guys! It's a classic! Who doesn't want to see a bunch of bad guys get shot by Bruce Willis, while his shirt somehow goes from white to green? (yuck) [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 11:37 AM   #35
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
LOL Maril-the rest of the story concerning my shenanigans with "Viggo" last night would be wholly inappropriate for a family-oriented forum...I wish. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh, and George, I'm a big fan of "What? Where? When?" as well. Do the Georgians still play with the Russians? We could duke it out, man! (Though I somehow get the feeling that I would lose miserably)

Nev, dear, I think that The Sixth Sense is superior to Die Hard, because Bruce Willis was actually acting in it, as opposed to just, um, scowling....Though it's been a while since I've seen his action flicks. I could be wrong. Actually, The Fifth Element was very cool. Would you classify that as action though?...Anyway, back to the subject at hand! I want to read more about all of you, you nerds, weirdos, creatures of the underworld, and beautiful people!
Old 06-01-2002, 11:44 AM   #36
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Location: A roaming Middle-Earth wanderer in the guise of a Ranger
Laiedheliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Laiedheliel
Sting

Hey, Nev, I put down action movies! Teehee, I have always thought the third was better than the first, though. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2002, 11:51 AM   #37
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eärendil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Eh...Eärendil is fine
Future Aspirations: I want to be journalist and photographer, act and make technomusic beside that.
Goal in life: Make a difference, and help the nature and animals in the world.
Short term goals: Get good grades in school, go to New Zealand (or Australia) for a year and get happier.
Passion: Music, books, writing, The X-files, Star Wars, my room and our garden, my rabbits, nature, photographing plus more..
Hobbies: Music, reading, writing, photographing, and more.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): My beauty...er...no. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Well, being a good writer
and photographer, good at sports, my excellent memory and more. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Fave book: The Silmarillion
Fave movie: Gee, I have loads
Fave sport: Long jumping (I am not joking, lol.), 100 metres (running), football and other sports.
Fave store: Every store that has a good deal of books and cd´s..
Fave music: Sash! (group), and I like most musicstyles, but mostly listen to underground techno.

What you can't stand: Weapons, macho guys, people that are cruel to animals and the nature and loads more. (There´s a lot of sh*t out there.)
What you plain dislike: See above.
Who you admire: Everyone that is very kind and has done anything good, or is very good as something (not bad things). That´s about it.
What you most love to do: See my interests and hobbies. (+ being with family, rabbits, boyfriend and friends, and go walking in the big forests around here.)
Your self-confessed flaws: I can easily get ****ed off sometimes, can sometimes be cruel to people (but I am trying to be good), I bite on my fingernails.. etc etc.. But I am not that bad, really.. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
What intrigues/fascinates you: The powerful nature, the wonderful underground techno (especially at technoparties), dj´s, fantastic books, animals and loads more.
What scares you: The bottom in lakes and seas..that´s about it really.
Quotation to live by: There are loads, but I´ll mention one: "If you wanna be somebody, if you wanna go somewhere, you better wake up and pay attention."

Additional comments: I am constantly scaring my family and friends (don´t know about my boyfriend, he ain´t saying anything..) for being very obsessed with my passions... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ November 06, 2002: Message edited by: Eärendil ]
Jag ska aldrig göra dig illa. Inte igen. Åtminstone inte mycket, åtminstone inte hårt. Kommer du ihåg? Då vi fortfarande kunde skratta, le på ett äkta vis. Jag tänker på det ibland. Det smärtar. För aldrig har du väl varit. Längre bort. Från mig.
Eärendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 08:42 PM   #38
Aralaithiel
Ghost Eldaran Queen

Aralaithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Kuruharan, why would I be anything BUT modest? *smirk [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Love ya, man!
Naturallly and as usual I left some stuff off - yep, here comes the perfectionist in me!
Other fave movies: Blues Brothers, Pulp Fiction, Airplane, Blazing Saddles

I also speak Klingon in addition to Elvish (both Quenya & Sindarin, but prefer Quenya) and Spanish, just started to learn Gaelic.

Music: I have been listening to Nordic music, which you can get sampler CD's for $5 each at www.noside.com I highly recommend their Cd selections, as there is some really nifty-bob stuff. I also just got some new Celtic CDs that really kick a$$!

I also have a passion for Mexican food.

Now then, that should be enough for now...OH! My friends here in the (ugh!) real world call me Kat.
Meoi! (Quenya for cat) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ June 01, 2002: Message edited by: Aralaithiel ]
Old 06-01-2002, 10:15 PM   #39
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I should have some zippy line for you Aral, but have pity it's late. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Re-reading your profile I suddenly realized that we're both in Oklahoma. (Yes, yes, I admit I was not reading very carefully. I was overwhelmed by the glory of your splendor and majesty and so forth, or something.) Small world isn't it?

[ June 02, 2002: Message edited by: Kuruharan ]
Old 06-01-2002, 10:22 PM   #40
Orald
Shadow of Malice

Orald has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orald Send a message via Yahoo to Orald
Sting

I already know, but I am sure other people want to know too. Is it true what they say about librarians, goldwine? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Orald is offline   Reply With Quote