The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #161
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Bad News! I have to leave now. Everything is closing early on base because of the Holiday.

I really hate that I have to do this now, but I guess there's nothing for it.

++Naria

Good luck to you both.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:28 PM   #162
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Goodbye, Roa. I will hear Naria's arguments. It seems unfair to kill her now without really a chance to speak. Thank you.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #163
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I just thought I'd take this time to announce my 100th post. For no particular reason. Just that I was bored.

I'd like to thank... oh, who am I kidding? You're all awesome, even though some (perhaps most, even) are out too kill me. You're welcome.

(What, am I not allowed to have fun in Werewolves? Sheesh! You guys are stricter than I thought.)
Old 01-16-2008, 11:51 PM   #164
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Ok I'm here. And I see Roa has made a serious mistake Roa since you won't be around and you McCaber said you won't be on, at least while i'm on, I guess I have no way of getting myself out of this lynch. The reason I say this is because I am able to post a little bit before I go to bed and then I work tomorrow morning, so I won't be around at all for the end discussion or deadline.

*sigh* for what it's worth, I'll go back and re-read what you two have said. I'll be back.....
Old 01-16-2008, 11:55 PM   #165
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm still here, Naria. We can talk for a while, if you want.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:36 AM   #166
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Alright, it seems I'm the only one here. I'm going to sleep, but I'll be back with plenty of time spare. It seems I'm the only one with no life here today.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:20 AM   #167
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm going to start with the first line of questioning from Roa and work up.

Quite honestly I had no suspicions. I wasn't about to throw around wild accusations with little or no reason for it. As for the comment thing, I already said that the quiet vs loud debate was going and Legate's push for voting didn't make any sense at all to me. I understand the need for people to post so there would be something to go back on during the stages, but everyone that was posting seemed to me to be going in circles with there arguments and points. I had nothing to add, simple as that.

Roa I don't believe for one second that you have lost your taste for blood and I certainly don't believe that bunk about losing your werewolfing mojo(hehe my word). You are one of the more talented players and because of this, I don't think it would take a whole lot of practice, if any, for you to get back into the swing of things.

Quote:
but I think I have a chance of surviving
Why's that? Ohhh I know because you found out I won't be around and realized Roa has sided with you even before her vote

Quote:
Out of us three, one of us is a werewolf. I cannot suspect myself, and I really don't suspect you right now. And Naria has given us nothing to look at. For me, it is a process of elimination.
Well that is some truly inspirational insight there McCaber/sarcasm. Can ya tell me why you don't suspect Roa? And please don't let it be "because Roa is making sense" blah blah. She is very good at this game and you are new...do you not think that maybe just maybe she would love to latch her claws into you making you think she's innocent?

Quote:
That's where my reasoning was going. I just had to check.
Wait what?! Your reasoning is the same as McCaber's? I don't know Roa somethins up with you and I don't think it has anything to do with your lack of playing.

Quote:
It seems unfair to kill her now without really a chance to speak.
Aww aren't you just a little sweety. *looks to the audience* Even though I'm talking now, who do you think is going to die? I'll give you three guesses; and the first two don't count.
McCaber you and Roa have buddied up(with a vote from her) and with you not being on right now and myself at work tomorrow...there is little doubt in my mind on the outcome here, but hey thanks for giving me the chance to speak.

Quote:
Thank you.
Annnd this is what did it for me. What the heck are you thanking Roa for? Thanking her for being on with you? Thanking her for leaving? Orrr thanking her for her vote against me?

There is definitely something up with Roa, but I'm not sure if it's the hair on her back. Hmm I'll ponder for a little bit longer before I head off to bed.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:26 AM   #168
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Gahhh, sorry McCaber that took me alot longer to write up than I thought it was going to. Damn, now it really is just me and the wind.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:37 AM   #169
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm really tired right now and I still haven't decided who i'm going to vote for. So I'm going to set my alarm to get up a bit earlier and come on to see what's what before work. I will have to place at that time. G'night dear wind
Old 01-17-2008, 08:47 AM   #170
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm off to work

++Roa

Not a vengeful vote. There is something up with her and everything she is doing is not what a 'normal' Roa would do, I know she explained it, but that did very little to comfort me. McCaber isn't sitting right with me either mostly because of his over agreeability and thankfulness, but I guess I'm going to blame that on being new.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #171
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So I'm left here, and I have to cast the deciding vote. Wonderful.

Give me some time. I'll be back before the end with a vote and a thought process.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #172
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
The battle of the second day began with great anticipation. Yesterday’s combat was so exciting that the crowd doubled in quantity, or maybe even tripled. Much of this was due to Legate’s very odd perfermance. And then again to the fact that two of today’s contestants were known as ”Death”. And just about maybe because one of the warriors was twice as enigmatic as the two deaths put together. Naria. Naria Whats’erface.

Everybody didn’t even know if Naria was a Man. Some speculated that Naria was the Cabbage of Bloody Gore. Some said that he is an Ent with one wooden leg. Some said that she is the godess of bare feet. But most didn’t say anything, and barely speculated. And they were the lucky ones, since Naria turned out to be the most ordinary woman in a dress, with a rolling-pin in her hand. To the audience she did look intimidating, but the two other gladiators who got a better view knew that she was in fact eager and happy. "Oooo I get to play with Roa...McCaber is new, but oooo I get to play with Roa!!!" she shrieked.

Roa looked at Naria smugly. ”If you're a wolf trying to curry favor by asking me for an autograph, forget it. I’m not called the Red Death for naught”.

”Hmph! You may be the greatest assassin ever, but I don’t even take money with lives!” whispered the cloaked figure called McCaber.

”And who are you? Menel, was it?” Roa asked uninterestedly and with a quick wrist movement deflected a dagger coming at her heart. ”No? McCaber

”Hiiiii! McCaber, you’re good! I wish I knew more about you…” yelled Naria.

”Me too…” thought Roa, ”but for different reasons”.

McCaber threw off his cloak and underneath was a very, very… very basic looking person. ”So you have heard of me? Pity”. He looked at his leather shoes, twirled his right foot in the sand and scratched his neck. ”But since you have heard of me, what exactly do you know about me? Though I try to be secretive and all, truth to say, I’m very interested to see what people know about me”.

Roa who felt a bit disgusted, began with a politically correct ”Umm…”

Naria was on the other hand more straight forward and finished the sentence with a ”nothing…”

”Oh”, said the misunderstood killer, ”But you must know something! I mean, Roa, you knew my name and-”

”It was in my calendar on the kill-list for thise two weeks”.

”-and- ok, hey, know what? I’ll give you a hint”. He made a great show of taking a concealed black dagger from behind his ear. He held the dagger between his thumb and his middle finger and showed it to the two women. Naria shrugged and Roa rolled her eyes.

”You don’t get it? Hmph…” McCaber made a great show of walking to the edge of the arena and stopped in a place which the sun didn’t reach. Naria srugged again and Roa didn’t even bother to roll her eyes.

”Oh, come on… ’Shadowmaster’. ’The Black Knife’! ’Death’? Never heard of me?” his lips trembled and he wiped his eyes. With no more provocation he started screaming, ”Ooh don’t know Sauron’s greatest enemy! Don’t! What would I care! I’m sure that nobody, who has used the last 15 years of his life just to rid the land from the Great Enemy’s minions, would care. Nobody, who personally destroyed one of the major threats of the free world, such as the Brotherhood of the Eye, would give even the slightiest thought to whether people knew about him and appreciated what he is trying to achieve. No, of course no! Why woul-”

Roa shifted her footing and was already feeling so annoyed that she would begin a rant of her own if something didn’t stop McCaber. She looked at Naria who didn’t look any better and deffinitely more lost. ”At this point, I don't think he’s a wolf, and I know I'm not, which leaves you”. The Red Death streched and tried not to listen to McCaber, who hadn’t stopped, on the contrary he yelled only louder. She walked up to Naria and stabbed her with a sword.

”-and did you know – oh, I forgot, you don’t know anything – that I beat the chief of the National Haradric Blasphemy League with only a rook, two pawns and half a kingt, to death. I did! I swear I did-”

Naria looked at her torn dress and the sword still sticking in it. ”You know Roa, I’m actually a lot more slender than I look. It’s a pity you ruined my dress, it was very precious to me. I inherited it from my great-great-great-grandmother”. She banged Roa on the head with her rolling-pin. ”And this rolling-pin, I inherited it from my great-great-great-grandfather who was the greatest warrior of his time (and a well known feminist)”.

”-by the time I killed her 88 bodyguards, she managed to escape, but I was smarter. I had set a trap. As soon as she entered her carriage- Huh, is Roa dead?”

Two guesses.

You got it right.

Roa, whose head was split, had found that death wasn’t red like she expected it to be. It was of an odd mixture that might have contained shades of straw yellow, pearly white, aquamarine (with a touch of deep blue). Roa was baffled by this. For some reason she had always thought that death would be red. But now as she thought about it she saw less and less logic in her presumptions. There went a wave of mustard yellow, and oh, there a line silver! Roa looked at McCaber, who had finally finished his monologue, and Naria, who was eating a juicy pear. She wanted to say something although she, for the first time ever, had nothing to say. Everything was too self-evident to be said aloud. Then something caught her eye! The tiniest of tiniest of tiniest threads of blood red. Roa felt it dance doubtfully just in front of her, just at the other end of the world. Suddenly Roa knew what to say, it would be one of the wisest things ever said, ”Good luck, guys. I think I’ll be leaving now”, and it mattered little even if it was also the most self-evident thing ever said.

McCaber and Naria turned to look at her. McCaber lifted his hat and bowed and Naria waved.

Roa joined the dance with a smile.

-------~~

The third day of battle began.

-------~~

Around:
Brinniel
THE Ka
Shastanis Althereduin
satansaloser2005
Aganzir
McCaber
Nogrod
The Might
Thinlómien
Valier
Groin Redbeard
Meneltarmacil
Kath
Gil-Galad
Naria
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Isabellkya
Rikae
A Little Green
Ugh-Friedrich (host)

Gone:
Legate of Amon Lanc - lynched on Day0.1 - teleported away
Roa_Aoife - lynched on Day0.2 - joined the dance

---------~~

Day0.2 ended, Day0.3 began

Aganzir, Ka and Shasta may post and vote (for eachother). Others sit in silence.

Last edited by Volo; 01-17-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #173
Volo

Ugh-Friedrich shouted to anybody who cared to listen, "Aganzir wants to inform you that she is going to be away until midDay", and then muttered to himself, "And I though she was a he..."
Old 01-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #174
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Okay, no worries.

Just depends on what her mid-day is, hmm. Anyways, no worries about time.

Curious though, Shasta are you around?

*plays with lute of brutal honesty and waits*

~ Patient Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #175
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
Just depends on what her mid-day is, hmm.
"MidDay, not midday. Although now that I think about it, it's probably midday and not actually midDay, which is after midDay by a few hours". Ugh-Friedrich was well known for his power of speculation. "But I do wonder if I'm allowed to sleep while I'm hosting the greatests event ever..."
Old 01-17-2008, 03:43 PM   #176
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
"But I do wonder if I'm allowed to sleep while I'm hosting the greatests event ever..."
Of course.
I'm spending it eating toast and coffee with One Hundred Years of Solitude. Not literally though, thankfully, or I'd have to vote myself out...

Thanks for the clarification, I meant the first mid-day this time.

Also thanks to Nogrod for his concern as well.

I don't believe I will be online when she comes (it will be 1am my time then), but I'll try to be on earlier in the morning, hopefully it will be enough.

~ Unusually Nice Today Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 01-17-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:19 PM   #177
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm here, I'm here!

Although I chipped a claw climbing over the wall.

*washes himself* Huh. Agan won't be here for a while, meow, so why don't I take a look at you first, Ka.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:07 PM   #178
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ah good. I was a bit worried for awhile, glad to see you've made it.

Hmph. This doesn't bode well since there isn't much to read about yourself fair Shasta.
*plucks lute of brutal honesty playfully*

Hmm, I am definately taking another look at Agan, since she did make some very good posts.

So, I guess off to the reader-response method that Agan mentioned earlier. Though, the distancing of the new criticism movement would help with using pragmaticism when reading others' posts. Well, I guess I am just off to reading then.

~ Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 01-17-2008 at 09:32 PM. Reason: checking literary theories for a moment...
Old 01-18-2008, 07:55 AM   #179
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry for coming this late. Fortunately, it seems I didn't miss much.

I would prefer not to lynch someone who's killed early almost every game.
I would prefer not to lynch someone I have never played with before.
And I'm happy to see that there are thus no off-game reasons that should affect my voting.

With you two my problem is that you look quite equally innocent. At least Ka. About Shasta it's rather difficult to say anything (I'm already missing your playing style in the phantom's game ).

I'll post soon with some real substance.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:04 AM   #180
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
On previous trials...

Honestly, I don't understand why Legate was lynched. To me, he was the most innocent-looking of them.
Menel said Valier hadn't posted enough for him to form an opinion about her and Legate was strange, and thus he was inclined to suspect him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
-Legate was behaving rather strangely earlier. He throws his support behind Nogrod's voting idea, with good arguments to match... and then attacks Nogrod for trying to be too helpful, without posting a lot of reasoning for his choice beyond that. This doesn't look good.
I fail to see what's strange with that. You can agree with someone but think he looks suspicious anyway.
I don't like the way Menel was after Legate all day. And I don't like either how Valier ended up voting him. The whole lynching was too easy. I believe the wolf is still alive.

I think McCaber was the most suspicious there yesterday. I considered Roa innocent as well, but he was really siding with her, and it's quite obvious that Naria would have died had he not failed to vote (which, I hope, he'll explain on Day 1).

I know these aren't of much use at the moment, but I'd like to hear your thoughts anyway. Or at least your thoughts about something, especially Shasta's.
I think I can tell that if I had to vote now, I'd vote Shasta - because Ka has been so much more constructive. (Why is it that I've recently taken into a habit of threatening him with a vote? ) But I'd hate to actually vote him with that reason, so please, Shasta, talk.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #181
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I'm not much into making analyses this early, with so little to go on, and it's pretty difficult to find any suspicious things with you.

Anyway, I'm slightly wary about Ka's approach on Day 0. She didn't speak only a little, and mostly sense, but about rather irrelevant matters like the game dynamics. It would have been, and still would be, nice to hear a little more what she thinks about people.

And with Shasta there's absolutely nothing to go on.

There's this song by Current 93, named Twilight Twilight Nihil Nihil, and it seems to fit this day perfectly.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #182
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yay! Glad you are here.

I was weird and decided to wake up at 2am my time, but I had to go to sleep after an hour or so or I'd passout on the keyboard. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
It may take a little bit. Also, given my history of getting everyone angry at me, I'm trying to be more mellow this game. Also, I made an attempt at stirring a good discussion with my comment about wolvish strategy, but it mostly went ignored, so what can I do?
I just wished to point this out when we consider the playing taking place on the first trial day, especially since all three of them were seasoned players, but I can understand clearly trying to get back up to speed on the ever evolving ww game. Since, for example, I don’t know half the roles sometimes without reading them over and over again, thankfully this game Volo was nice enough to explain things to an old daft and sparse player.
Anyways, even if Roa was deciding to be mellow, I wouldn’t doubt her cleverness too easily because of this. Though, with the trial day she gave me more reason not to hold an over eager amount of suspicion about her. Others seemed inclined to suspect her on this account, but she clearly states the technical terms why. So, I don’t see this post as being one to ring bells of alarm.

As for Menel, I in some sense want to think he is just Ordo or gifted, and that he is just playing in his own style which sometimes might cause others to take what he jokes too seriously. Though, the pre-trial day of making the loud vs. quiet mini-argument (is there such a word? It wasn’t everyone’s argument though) suddenly the object of concern (even if it is to disband it) seems rather wolfish, since it is a good distraction. For that, I do have concern about the actions of Menel.

As for McCaber, I can see reasons why he would want to really, play it safe. Though, I’m not going to let the ‘newbie’ air cloud anything around him, since there have been first time players before who’ve really changed the course of the game, especially aided for better or worse, by the nodding off that ‘well, they’re just new’. Personally, when I think someone plays for the first time they might be new to werewolf, but I don’t think they are new to the concept of hiding and talking artfully, on any level of pragmatics. So, I am going to keep an eye out for him, just because I’m ‘nice’ and think he has far more to show just yet, and explain.

I don’t have much of an opinion on Legate just yet, but after reading his later posts, this especially stuck out for some reason:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
The innocent person will know I lied if I said I am ordo/gifted and he were the same thing.
Which is true, but the innocent wouldn’t say it flat out. Plus, anyone could claim to be anything as of now, whether they knew another’s statement was true or not. It doesn’t mean the other person knows who they are.
This kind of bothered me a little, but I have far more suspicion on Menel at the moment than one little thing by Legate. Since, we all end up doing little things in werewolf that we look back on say, ‘Doh!’
As for the voting of Legate, that does have suspicion, but I think it might have been done to avoid as what happened the second day, plus there was a general rush to the vote. Which can be good if you’re a wolf and want an easy way out of things, then to just bandwagon and hide for the next six days going over things and what to say.

Quote:
But I'd hate to actually vote him with that reason, so please, Shasta, talk.
And lastly, I really have to agree on this. Shasta, please if you could say anything it would help, just opinion wise. It doesn’t have to be a polished theory or anything, though it would be nice if you said something. I don’t see the reason in voting because of this, because if anything I would want to vote because of a reasonable logic.

I'm sorry about leaving now, but I have a class in the morning and I should be able to be back in about 2 1/2 hours or so, and maybe later on after that if there is enough time.
Sorry about this, it looks like our day's access was completely chopped up.

~ Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 01-18-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #183
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

As I promised at the end of Day 0

For those who will be in the same trial with Lommy...

Not much of what she has said this far has made me suspicious about her. But there's something in her posts that I very much dislike, though I really can't put my finger on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Ka has been all the time in character. It really makes her less suspicious to me. A wolf might be more concerned about her appearances. Yet, on the other hand, a wolf might count on that no one minds a little in-charactering at the start of the first day and use it as an excuse for saying nothing constructive...
I can see the sense of the statement - but it feels completely wrong. It feels like Lommy saw someone who was behaving suspiciously and turned it upside down. It resembles the way Legcobbler spoke in the last game. Or a Lommywolf who has seen a suspicious person and wants to defend her, hoping she's her fellow wolf. That's not the only time I get that feeling from her posts when she speaks about someone (eg. Groin in #81).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Roa seems to be acting a bit too harmonically with others to be her normal self - is she a wolf looking for possible allies?
The phrasing. Wrong. That's just wrong.

Her reaction to Azaelia in #81 looked quite genuine, though.

As a conclusion, Lommy bothers me more and more every time I read her posts, but I still can't elaborate it any better. Some fleeting glimpses, and the growing feeling that there's something wrong. Argh.

I just can't figure Ka out. She looks sensible, but I have no idea if she's innocent or not.

Anyway, I'll be leaving for a while again. Back before the deadline.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:32 PM   #184
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm not quite sure when the deadline is, and I'm going to be at work for the next five hours. I've been asleep and then in class for the past... twelve.

And Aganzir, you'll notice that I did try to change my playing style in the phantom's game, only to be the first wolf kill. Logic dictates that that is apparently a bad idea...

Anyway, I'm full aware that there's not a lot to go on (read: nothing) where I'm concerned, due to RL issues. (I have a lot of those lately....) I believe Volo said that the deadline was at 8:00 PM GMT, which I /think/ translates to 2:00 PM CST, meaning... an hour and a half?
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:53 PM   #185
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

About an hour and ten minutes from now, yes.

Don't give up so easily. The first game you behave differently the wolves might well think you're a gifted, but please.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:21 PM   #186
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Is either of you around?

To be honest, this feels quite frustrating. If Shasta doesn't post anything, I'll vote for him. If I can't tell which of you is the wolf, I rather save the one who contributes more.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #187
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

++ Shasta
Old 01-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #188
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yes, sorry.

I had to go rush and take care of something important for the moment.

Ugh, I wish I had more grounds to go on. I really don't want to vote this way, because Shasta, I understand how hard it is when RL things get in the way. Though, I really wished you could have posted more, about anything, earlier in the day before Agan came on and after. Sorry if it was pressuring or something, but I don't want to vote you out for RL issues at all, only because not posting much besides a hello or two kind of looks more suspicious than a slipped word or two, or strange reasoning. I think you probably could have posted something, and didn't have to give up too soon.

++Shasta

~ Ka
Old 01-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #189
Volo

As the saying goes: You don’t need to be overly smart to survive, but you do need to be on the bright side to see others die.

In the morning a chilling wind blew from the North and some of the audience had to go home to get warmer coats. Not all, naturally, not all at all, since many had slaves that were sent to the streets. Those who did have to go themselves went and returned soon, to notice that their places had been taken by some poor buggers who had arrived too late to find places and had sense to dress warmly in the first place. Around midday the wind brought a heavy storm with thunder and lightning. It was good news to the people who had left for their warm coats. They rushed to collect their rain-cloaks and were at the Temple before the poor buggers who had the sense to dress warmly but not resistantly to rain. Thanks to the storm today’s audience was elite compared to the audience of the first two days. And lucky too, because this was a very odd day.

Legate the ex-Ranger had his pet cat with him when he arrived to Númenor. He was an unusual cat. Not only was he the size of a large wolf – oh, not a Werewolf, those were much larger still – but he was also as black as a genuine blackout. However more unusual than that was the unnerving fact that the cat was actually one of the 21 contestants. The cat was a Dire Leopard with the pet name Shasta. Shasta was a beautiful creature with sleek black fur before the storm began. After, Shasta looked miserable and sad, which was appropriate since his master and childhood friend Legate had abandoned him because of a personal restraint. That being the case Shasta crawled into the dryest corner and went to sleep.

The other wonder of creation was plucking his Lute of Brutal Honesty – not that anybody had the slightest idea of why the instrument was called so – and recited a poem that sounded like nothing, quite literally. The audience didn’t even remember his name and he was commonly refered to as ”Who now?” The wind turned and the rain came at his lute. To preserve his instrument he hid it in his cloak. After a slow and pondering gaze around the arena, he said, ”This doesn’t bode well as Shasta is clearly not of the more talkative species. But I wouldn’t like to vote him, he is far too cute to die now. Aganzir on the other hand has said several wise things. But she’s a human, which doesn’t bode good”. He stood up and took out his Bow of Second Guessing just to be on the safe side. ”I have never encountered such an easy choice in my life. The death of a magnificent Dire Leopard or a mere woman? And yet I cannot choose…”

”I’ll vote for Shasta, if he doesn’t say anything”, muttered Aganzir, who sat on- no, under, her horse. She saw that the bard looked at this curiously. ”It’s to prevent getting mys- my axes wet, nothing to stare at”.

”You do have a handsome horse. I promise not to touch her even if I decide to kill you”.

”Hah! My horse promises not to let you touch me even if she has to die for it. But worry not, I’ll personally see that she doesn’t have to risk anything trying to save me. I can jolly well save myself!” spit Aganzir, ”Have in mind that I haven’t tasted Dire Leopard meat before”.

”I think I just came into a mood of not allowing anybody harm animals! Aganzir! To get to Shasta would mean going over my dead body!”

Aganzir looked uninterested and didn’t move an inch.

At that moment somebody in the crowd found out that the bard’s name was Taliesin and the news spread like the wetness of the day. The spreading news sounded like a chant. ”Taliesin, Taliesiin! Oooo-o-oo! O-o-o-oo! Taliesin, Taliesiin!”

The bard lost interest in his self-sacrificing mission the same instant as he recognised his name being sung. He threw off his cloak and took out his Brutally Honest Lute. ”I am honored to be here in the midth of such an awesome audience. Truly, Númenor has the best audience! I hope you enjoy my poems that are mostly fantasy”. The crowd roared with appreciation, although nobody had the slightest idea what would happen next.

”Guess who it is.
Created before the deluge.
A creature strong,
Without flesh, without bone,
Without veins, without blood,
Without head, and without feet”

”ShastaAganzir shouted mockingly.

”It will not be older, it will not be younger,
Than it was in the beginning.

Nope. Kill Shasta for all I care.
There will not come from his design
Fear or death”.

Aganzir’s horse shrugged and began to trot to the sleeping cat. When she was just beside Shasta, Aganzir announced: ”Wakey, wakey! Cat-creature? Have you got any interest in defending yourself? I myself would rather kill you right away without ceremony- no don’t think that that is because I want to be kind, not at all. But I am hungry, and so is my horse”.

”He has no wants
From creatures”.

Shasta opened one eye and growled lazily.

Aganzir interpreted the reply as a ”no” and lifted her bow.

The next moment she lay in the wet sand with the Dire Leopard on top of her closing his jaws on her throat. She didn’t waste (much) time regretting not having a dagger handy (and noted it for the future) and aimed her own teeth at the beast’s throat, not forgetting to send her claws at the eyes. The two struggled in the dirt and tried to best each other. Although Aganzir’s horse was battle-trained and all, this was such a new situation that the horse simply stood and waited for orders pationally.

”Madawg, the joy of the wall,
Madawg, before he was in the grave,

Hey, be fair. Fight a bit quieter, you two.
Was a fortress of abundance
Of games, and society.

Honestly…
The son of Uthyr before he was slain,
Do I have to silence you myself?
From his hand…
I mean, this isn’t the best moment for rolling in the mud…

”Dear audience: I apologize from the bottom of my soul, but there are technical problems with the sound reproduction. Excuse me…”

Taliesin took out his two inconspicious, regular and honest long knives and stuck them into the two dirt-covered figures. ”Ouch!” yelled Aganzir! ”Hsshhh!” hissed Shasta!

”Thanks, Agan, I couldn’t decide which of you was the beast”, said the bard and rolled his eyes. ”I’m doing this with a symbolic meaning then”, he shouted as he plunged an Arrow of Regret into the Dire Leopard’s mouth.

--------~~

Shasta didn’t feel pain. He felt comfortably numb although he was aware of his body changing rapidly. Bones twisted around and rubbed against one another and some broke into pieces which formed completely new bones. His heart shrank and his brain grew. He felt small. Small and weak. Weak and naked. But alive. Suddenly true senses rushed back to him and he felt thirsty.

Shasta opened his eyes and saw bright sunlight. He was lying beside a small pond. He crawled to the edge of it and looked into the water. In the water was a black face of a Man! Shasta tried hissing, but managed only to caugh at the pond. This caused a ripple on the surface of the pond and the image dissolved. Shasta heard a sound from behind himself and jumped around. A man looked at him from behind a stone. The man made some primitive sound and other heads began appearing from the bushes and behind stones. Shasta grew tense, snarled and raised his right paw. At least it had been a paw last time he saw it…

-------~~

Around:
Brinniel
THE Ka
satansaloser2005
Aganzir
McCaber
Nogrod
The Might
Thinlómien
Valier
Groin Redbeard
Meneltarmacil
Kath
Gil-Galad
Naria
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Isabellkya
Rikae
A Little Green
Ugh-Friedrich (host)

Gone:
Legate of Amon Lanc - lynched on Day0.1 - teleported away
Roa_Aoife - lynched on Day0.2 - joined the dance
Shastanis Althereduin - lynched on Day0.3

---------~~

Day0.3 ended, Day0.4 began

Lommy, Might and Noggie may post and vote (for one another (stupid English lesson makes me see my mistakes)). Others sit in silence.

Last edited by Volo; 01-18-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:36 PM   #190
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
"Allright you two, let's do this properly. No one's to run away or hide in the shadows."

Nogrod waved his hammer and turned to look at the balcony of the special guests.

"We will not disappoint the audience!" he yelled and eyed the two contestants in the arena with him. "Now do we?"

~*~

Okay here's just for starters and to the record if I'm not going to walk out of this arena with my own feet.

Legate was a wolf. I gave my argument to it on Day0.0 already and won't repeat it here. Well done Valier and Menel. Even if my guts would say you two look all but innocents, but I guess I must believe the rules stated and take you two as innocents now. We all make misinterpretations I admit.

Roa was a gifted so one of you Naria or McCaber is a wolf. Why? Because Roa would never waver when she's a wolf. You may discuss why someone looks different than "normal" in a game but with people like Roa it would be just preposterous to assume that she is afraid or nervous because she is a wolf. She isn't. She's the real cool killer when a wolf. But if she was a seer she might have tried a more agreeable style trying not to get lynched.

I haven't had time to go through the late posting on the last Day to voice my opinion on that result yet. But I will do it later toDay.

But to the battle at hand then.

My feelings from the Day 0.0 were that Lommy felt innocent and I was pretty confused with The Might. So if I'd have to vote now my vote would go to The Might. Happily I need not to do it right now.

The Might, you have 24 hours to make me rethink my vote! I will surely go through Lommy's and The Might's posting on Day 0.0 to see whether I should myself change my view (I had time to notice Agan had some major problems with Lommy).

I was one of the loudest advocates for people posting on Day 0.0 and I will now say let's not leave this to the posts of Day 0.0 alone but let's make our best effort to post well toDay as well.

Like Valier said on Day 0.1, let's set the standard toDay!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:26 PM   #191
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thinlómien the Elf-Orc stood up to her full height, which wasn't, unfortunately, very impressive. Still, she held her head up high and a grin crept to her face, the corners of her mouth first twitching down, then up, revealing a monstrous row of yellow teeth. She licked her knife. "Squirrel blood... you know I needed a new footbag..."

Then she sheathed the knife. She smiled wryly. "May Elbereth in all her wisdom show us the correct path..." All curelty was extinguished of her expression. "For such guidance is indeed needed. I'm going to face a tough choice toDay. Neither of you really looks wolvish. Not that you'd strike me as obvious innocents either.

It sure is an odd feeling to be here and discuss things in a polite manner while knowing that one of the ones you're talking with is far worse than he seems. I can very well see why Volo added these Days as an extra adrenaline-risers. My mind is buzzing already.

I'm quite glad to be against you two, anyway. I know I can trust Nogrod to be around and provide me something to get clues of. And I do believe TM won't be hypersilent either, though I'm not sure. Well, if he doesn't appear to contribute very much we others can always lynch him. Which brings me to another point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggie
My feelings from the Day 0.0 were that Lommy felt innocent and I was pretty confused with The Might. So if I'd have to vote now my vote would go to The Might. Happily I need not to do it right now.
The Might, you have 24 hours to make me rethink my vote! I will surely go through Lommy's and The Might's posting on Day 0.0 to see whether I should myself change my view (I had time to notice Agan had some major problems with Lommy).
While that indeed is a good way to put pressure on TM and make him post a lot, I really don't like the way you make that statement. Trying to build up alliances and rivalties already? I can see that as an attempt to provoke either of us others to act stupidly. Such an attempt doesn't surely make you suspicious - wolves and innocents alike are going to trick their fellow trial-combatants to react oddly during these rounds, but there's something wrong with the way you phrase it. Phrasing this feeling is quite difficult, but it seems like, you know, you're a wolf thinking he'd probably like to eliminate TM, but leaving all doors open by saying that. After that statement, you can always vote TM if he doesn't post "enough" or defend himself "well enough", or then you can say "ooh, I found something suspicious in Lommy's posts, I'll vote her". Surely it is no crime to enter the game prejudiced, but somehow, your statement rings slightly false to me.

But I'm afraid that doesn't mean I'm any clearer with my suspicions. YesterDay, I agreed with Noggie very much, which eventually lead me to ponder if it means he's innocent (as his mind seems to work the same way as mine) or if he's just a sneaky wolf... But I really didn't suspect him. As to TM, I must he really left no impression on me yesterday. I hope my mind will be clearer after a reread and an analysis.

As to the previous Days... well, the first two ones looked like Volo's playing a cruel joke on us and is pitting three people of the same role against each other. I mean, Legate, Valier and Menel all seemed rather unsincere. I was inclined to believe Legate was the wolf in the trio, though, until he made that very weird final show of his - it left me completely baffled. So I can't really tell which of them was the wolf.

I'm equally undecided about Roa, Naria and McCaber, this time because they all seemed so innocent. (Yes, even Roa whom I suspected on Day0).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Because Roa would never waver when she's a wolf. You may discuss why someone looks different than "normal" in a game but with people like Roa it would be just preposterous to assume that she is afraid or nervous because she is a wolf. She isn't. She's the real cool killer when a wolf. But if she was a seer she might have tried a more agreeable style trying not to get lynched.
I disagree. While you raise a very good point of her being a cool killer, I think she's a cool ordo and a cool gifted as well. I can't see acting softer as a gifted as her vice (or virtue). So I'm quite baffled about her role. McCaber's disappearance was odd, but I'm inclined to think him somewhat innocent because he was willing to wait for Naria. I think a newbie wolf might well have just grasped the chance and caused her lynch. (I might just be underestimating new players, though. ) Naria, on the other hand, looked foul but felt fair, to quote a certain book. I mean, her actions in her own defense look somewhat suspicious, but they rather give me a feel of anxious innocent Naria than a wolvish Naria - who seems to be always readier to give up when accused. So, after all this writing and thinking (I can't think first and write then, I have to do them the same time, my apologies. ) I'd say Naria is innocent and either McCaber or Roa is the wolf of the three.

As to the latest, displeasingly silent Day, I'm still inclined to believe Aganzir innocent, even though she seemed less suspicious on Day0.0 than last Day. (Even though I have reservations of her, she always manages to fool me completely when's evil...) I can't really have an opinion on Shasta, and THE Ka seems sincere-ish. So... hmmm... any of them could be the wolf, but I'd possibly be the least surprised if they had managed to get it right at random and Shasta indeed was a wolf.

But on the whole, that sure looks a bit too optimistic. I can't believe we'd have been as lucky as to lynch three wolves this far, especially as the gorunds of voting have been quite feeble. So maybe I should reconsider and not lull myself into a false sense of security...

I'll be back a while later to reread and analyse Noggie and Miggie and throw in a few other comments."
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:51 PM   #192
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
While that indeed is a good way to put pressure on TM and make him post a lot, I really don't like the way you make that statement. Trying to build up alliances and rivalties already? I can see that as an attempt to provoke either of us others to act stupidly.
Well my initial point was to try and challenge The Might to post as you noted. I'd hate to vote him because he doesn't take part as I'd rather have a real choice between you two. That's why I thought I should help him to to see a reason to post. And posting a lot always enhances the chances that one says things that reveal one's treachery. Therefore let's speak a lot. The wolf is under pressure then.

Added to that I will stand behind my standards anyhow. People actually playing this game whatever their role = good, people just trying to hang around and sneak through whatever their role = bad.

I mean this is a game which one should enjoy playing and not only by counting the wins and losses. A great game lost is million times better than a lousy victory.

So I just spoke my mind. Sorry if you don't like it Lommy.

But also I must say that it's funny you did not include the part of my post following the quote where I said I'm going to look after the posts of both of you two to make up my mind only after that - both from Day 0.0 and even more toDay.

So picking the parts that suit you? Even intentionally misrepresenting the meaning behind it? That's what wolves do as they need to fabricate their cases...

I hope I have time to scan through the posts of you two before I go to sleep and make some comments on them.

(OOC: Lommy and A Little Green are here at my place and we will be spending some latenight together offline... I have an early morning call tomorrow so I will be most active in the latter part of toDay)
Old 01-18-2008, 06:58 PM   #193
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

What I have with the Might?

Three posts on Day 0.0, all towards the end of the Day. Nicely placed even if RL-things are a matter to consider here and thus the placing of the posts can't be made any real case against one.

Still it could be intrerpreted as deliberately safe.

It could... which does not mean it should.

The first post gives the impression he's totally confused about the general outline of the game. Might be true and doesn't prove anything pro or con.

The second post says he's read the Admin. thread and now understands the basic mechanics of the game. Says he sees why votes could matter but then again downplays the meaning of them. Nice and square. But why to defend this position with:
Quote:
I can't really say who is suspicious since it is easy for wolves to defend themselves as they don't have to try and defend any others from their pack.
So why are you downplaying any definitive action like voting on Day 0.0? Because you don't want to do it as a wolf - Legate pointed it out well enough that the wolves should stay easy with their suspicions as they might later regret them after they learned they had made cases against their fellows? (btw. Legate a nice try to signal your fellows "don't do it!" ).

Quote:
I must admit that in my first WWs I did always consider quiets more suspicious and louds rather helpful then furry and I still stick to this, but this doesn't really matter that much to me anymore.
"then" or "than"? That kind of makes a real difference. I guess it is a typo but I'd like to hear from you Might as that kind of changes the meaning of your sentence and also points towards different things with your vote later... I'm not saying this is a big point as I think you meant "than" but if that presupposition is true your later actions should be looked a bit differently...

Quote:
I know myself there can be many reasons why a player is simply not able to say much on the first Day and so I'm not going to concentrate too much on it all.
One of the reasons being you realised what Legate said?

Then the theory of yours. Why did you came forwards with it? What was the basic motivation there? You said:
Quote:
After all the twists and turns last WW I think we might be seeing something similar here as well.
I mean, after all the wolves don't do anything, nor do the gifteds.
My humble theory is that we were all made innocents
It's fun to find you use that term "we" after seeing that one of your basic reasons to vote for me was that I used the term "we" innocents...

I mean many an innocent or gifted have talked about "us" before... so what were you trieng to achieve with that point? Trying to get rid of a possibly hard enemy? Maybe you were as confused with the trials as you were with the more general things and thought it wise to go on suspecting me after Legate had done so and you thought you had a free ticket there with two against one?

Happily we were all wrong and those initial divisions given as examples by Volo weren't the real thing at all...

So were you kind of trying to play in a game where you thought that after Legate's suspicion it would be easy for you to capitulate by making a suspicion on me... (and was I wrong with Legate then?)

The third and last post:
Quote:
simply because I really don't like his playing style.
seems to rather make up reasons to accuse many.
I know he is the loudest, but I really don't like all this noise he's making and I will take a good look at thim as the game progresses.
Simply because you don't like the playing style - on a Day 0.0 where no one is to be lynched? Now what is that reasoning? If you were an innocent you would have told us the truth why someone looked bad in your eyes. So you sniffed the air around and concluded that you should vote for someone who looks innocent and then went on with it?

I'll not go back to this "we innocents" stuff anymore as The Might has does it himself but look at the claim: "seems to rather make up reasons to accuse many". Now what else an innocent would do? I know thew wolves would love to have a quiet Day when all these trials would go on by hunches and timing-tactics...

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by THe Might
will take a good look at thim as the game progresses
Empty words until proven right. Do it man! And check Lommy as well... Do something!3
I may have my suspicions on Lommy - and I do have them - but if you don't come clear with these and actually post what is it you're suspecting then I need to consider voting you.

But I will have a closer look at Lommy as well tomorrow after I get from work. I'll be around in the last seven hours or something like that...

But The Might, please post... I know Lommy will do that.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #194
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
A response to Nogrod

Quote:
So I just spoke my mind. Sorry if you don't like it Lommy.
Funny you should say that as I definitely agree with you that people should talk - and said as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
But also I must say that it's funny you did not include the part of my post following the quote where I said I'm going to look after the posts of both of you two to make up my mind only after that - both from Day 0.0 and even more toDay.
I included the part where you said you'd be looking at my posts as well and I thought that'd be enough. Besides, surely it can be read from my commentary of your voting policy that I was well aware of the fact that you are going to look at our posts. I see that I didn't mention anything about the fact that you were going to look through TM's posts as well, but that is irrelevant to what I said about what could be a wolf strategy of yours. Clear?

Anyway, I can't really see why did you make such a fuss out of me leaving out a sentence that was totally unnecessary from my point of view. Are you a wolf grasping at straws - at this point of the Day?

Quote:
So picking the parts that suit you? Even intentionally misrepresenting the meaning behind it? That's what wolves do as they need to fabricate their cases...
Come on. Do you really think that, as a wolf, I would be as stupid as to only pick a part of what you're saying and claim it's all you said and expect someone to believe me and not realise I'm being dishonest? Or what are you implying here?

I wasn't trying to misrepresent you or make you look furry. I merely speculated that your behaviour could be a wolvish ploy. What's wrong with it? I don't really see the point of getting that heated because of a speculative sort of suspicion that isn't even strong.

I can't recall you being this jumpy for ages. Which is weird. Wolves and gifteds may be jumpy, but I've not seen a jumpy Wolfgrod or a Giftgrod since your first games. So what's this? Are you trying a more cobbleresque wolf tactic or are you actually a cobbler creating havoc? Or are you just having a bad day?

Or are you just testing my reactions by trying to provoke a reaction with your jumpy aggressiveness? If yes, don't you see your tactic might backfire and lead me - who previously had no "suspicion preference" between you and TM - to actually suspect you?

I must say your current behaviour is perplexing me and I really don't know what to think of you.

It is better than TM's current behaviour, though. I can really draw no conclusions from it, for some reason.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:08 PM   #195
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

A response to Aganzir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
But there's something in her posts that I very much dislike, though I really can't put my finger on it.
Very much dislike? Oh no, she doesn't like me anymore! What a horrible fate, my friend hates me...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Ka has been all the time in character. It really makes her less suspicious to me. A wolf might be more concerned about her appearances. Yet, on the other hand, a wolf might count on that no one minds a little in-charactering at the start of the first day and use it as an excuse for saying nothing constructive...
I can see the sense of the statement - but it feels completely wrong. It feels like Lommy saw someone who was behaving suspiciously and turned it upside down. It resembles the way Legcobbler spoke in the last game. Or a Lommywolf who has seen a suspicious person and wants to defend her, hoping she's her fellow wolf. That's not the only time I get that feeling from her posts when she speaks about someone (eg. Groin in #81).
I have a growing feeling that my fellow players are not trusting my wit at all... As a wolf, would I really do that? Why take the risk of defending a supposed fellow (note, not even a known fellow)? And I don't like the way you make everything seem like a black/white matter. So being all the time in character is suspicious in principle and that's why you think I'm a wolf who thinks THE Ka suspicious and thus defends her? Did it cross your mind I don't necessarily think the same way you do, so your conclusions on my behaviour might not be valid? And as to the Groin Redbeard -case, well, I have nothing new to say and I really think newbies tend to look more furry than they are.

Quote:
The phrasing. Wrong. That's just wrong.
Well, obviously I can't reply to that in any way before you tell me what's wrong with it...

Now, I'm off to have a proper look at Nog's and Might's posts from Day0.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:45 PM   #196
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ok, I looked through their earlier posts and two things caught my attention:

1)
Quote:
And even if the wolves are on their own toDay it is right what Legate noted: they may toDay accidentally vote or make open suspicions over their mates and that might be a burden so it's suitable for the wolves to be lenient and nice to everyone. And what's more important, they should not voice any suspicions they actually have - for surely they are on the look out for their mates now - just not to spoil their game later. So look carefully at those being nice and smooth but also to fabricated suspicions eg. those that can be easily reverted as pure Day1 testing or banter.
Now I'm not sure at all if that statement sounds reasonable and innocentish. Many people I know play very individually as wolves, they don't really care much about the survival of their packmates and might do them nasty tricks, if necessary, to ensure their own survival and thus the victory of their team. So why wouldn't wolves actually accuse those they believe to be their fellows just to look more innocent? Suspecting someone is not the same as voting someone and voting someone is not the same as getting someone lynched. Now why I find this statement slightly suspicious and not just wrong from my point of view is that Nogrod is a guy who tends to be open and even aggressive when it comes to suspicions and usually has some opinion on the first Day - like he did now. So wouldn't this comment be a nice way of moving the spotlight from people like himself to less decided and outspoken players? Also it's notable how he starts with the fact that he's actually agreeing with Legate here. Thus his opinion doesn't stand out and it creates more pressure. Nice work.

That and the totally perplexing posts from toDay are all that I find suspicious about him. Otherwise he seems neutral or innocentish.

2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM
Btw, you know what just came to my mind?
After all the twists and turns last WW I think we might be seeing something similar here as well.
I mean, after all the wolves don't do anything, nor do the gifteds.
My humble theory is that we were all made innocents (that somehow makes it much harder to see any wolvishness in one's playing style) and that the roles really will only be PMed later before the first Day begins.
Don't know if Volo is capable of such evil deeds, but it seems to be an interesting idea...
I think that looks a bit like a wolf-Miggy trying to appear innocent... because if such a theory had genuinely crossed his mind, he'd have to be innocent so by posting this he kind of shouts "I'm innocent!", which is something I find a little suspicious.

But that's really all I have against him.

~*~

So I'm really torn. Neither of these guys sends me innocentish vibes. They're both slightly suspicious. I would say I find Nogrod more suspicious than The Might, but I'm vaguely afraid it's just because TM has posted so little that he has not had the chance to look suspicious. I can hardly make any decision before I hear a lot more of him. I don't really know... I could basically vote TM just to keep Nogrod in the game if I have no real evidence of his guilt... I mean, I'd rather play the future days with someone of Nogrod's verbiosity level, not TM's, especially as two loudmouths have already died in this game. I claim it will be a disaster if only silent people make it to the finals... Hmph... and the fact that I have a 50% chance of getting this right really doesn't comfort me... because personally I have the bad feeling that with my luck and current wolf-hunting skills I'm going to choose the wrong one and then it feels even more annoying... Argh. It's really somewhat disturbing to know that one of the two has to be a wolf, if you have no clear idea which one. I'm very glad I don't have to choose now... Let's hope I get a lot of responses and comments from both of my fellow trialists before I have to make the fatal choice...
Old 01-19-2008, 08:51 AM   #197
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

We just checked our last night's (rl) posting together and ended up playing this game live together in front of the computer. Sadly there's no audio recording of it to share with you... We should definitively stop reading these threads together when a game is on...

But where are you the Might? You said on Day 0.0 that you didn't like my playing style. I must return that compliment to you now in earnest. Are you playing or are you not?

I also said that I don't think it a valid argument to vote for someone if you dislike his playing style but I'm about to act against my word toDay if you don't appear with some thoughts to share.

In this case I might also say that my vote would not come from pure annoyance with a style of playing but also because of not playing at all.

Okay. I'm optimistic still and I do hope to hear from you so that I can forget what I just wrote. Throwing a dice is no method of reasoning out who is a wolf. We need things said to do that.

Which brings me to Lommy then...

Well, well. I'm not sure what to say right now. I thought initially that Aganzir's points against Lommy weren't too good - and I'm tending to believe that way still. But there's something in her posting toDay that I'm not too relaxed with. Somehow she's over-careful with her standing within this trio even if she posts a lot and also says a lot. It kind of feels she is watching very carefully the balance of the mood and what tm might say when / if he finally comes around. She kind of feels like ready to leap on either direction whichever will suit her better. Now that is not an actual argument against anyone. Many of us try to survive even we we're just plain ordos but I felt I needed to point to that.

And I naturally disagree with your points on me as they are just false or plain far-fetched or insignificant. The problem I have with them is not their content but the fact that you felt a need to voice a host of them. Yes, I can return your point about people possibly throwing things out to see how others react. That's perfectly legitimate and I tend to do that myself as well. But somehow, looking at the context here they seem somewhat fishy or should I say retaliatory (after I made one remark why someone could see Lommy as a wolf). I'd say answering an isolated suggestion of wolvishness with a host of poor arguments that try to paint the other black is jumpy indeed. It doesn't look like an innocent answering (or ignoring) an accusation but as a wolf trying to lead the discussion away from her.

And talking about jumpiness... you saw it fit to answer some suspicions laid on you in a different trial altogether but why? That wasn't so pressing as tm is nowhere to be seen and I think I had already dissed them.

Alright. I seem not to be concentrating on making friends here in this trial but the duty of us is to challenge if we wish to dig those wolves out from their hiding. They must be challenged, they must be forced to react to things. By reactions one can incriminate oneself or make oneself look better.

I know one of you is not a wolf so pardon my suspicions. I need you both to tell me which one of you is.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #198
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
We just checked our last night's (rl) posting together and ended up playing this game live together in front of the computer. Sadly there's no audio recording of it to share with you... We should definitively stop reading these threads together when a game is on...
Indeed, it's stupid - but even if we had an audio recording only Agan and Greenie (and Volo) would understand it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
But where are you the Might?
Seconded indeed. Where are you? I wouldn't like to vote the slightly more suspicous Nogrod just because you've posted so little that I can draw no conclusions from it, nor would I like to vote you just because you're so absent. Argh. Even though, I must say, that if TM doesn't appear or appears and posts just a few lines, ie doesn't make an impression either way, I'll vote him just because then it's a random choice and it looks like I'm going to enjoy playing with Nogrod more than playing with TM. We can't kill all the talking people and leave the quiet ones.

Quote:
Somehow she's over-careful with her standing within this trio even if she posts a lot and also says a lot. It kind of feels she is watching very carefully the balance of the mood and what tm might say when / if he finally comes around. She kind of feels like ready to leap on either direction whichevewill suit her better. Now that is not an actual argument against anyone. Many of us try to survive even we we're just plain ordos but I felt I needed to point to that.
Yes, I'm waiting for TM to come before I take a real standing on which one of you would I prefer to vote. Like you yourself said, if one of your fellow contestants doesn't post, the choice is random. So I'm waiting for TM to come and give me an impression of either guilt or innocence. It's really the only thing I can do as you don't strike me as particularly wolvish or innocentish.

Quote:
And I naturally disagree with your points on me as they are just false or plain far-fetched or insignificant.
Nice way of dismissing my points against you.

Quote:
The problem I have with them is not their content but the fact that you felt a need to voice a host of them. Yes, I can return your point about people possibly throwing things out to see how others react. That's perfectly legitimate and I tend to do that myself as well. But somehow, looking at the context here they seem somewhat fishy or should I say retaliatory (after I made one remark why someone could see Lommy as a wolf). I'd say answering an isolated suggestion of wolvishness with a host of poor arguments that try to paint the other black is jumpy indeed. It doesn't look like an innocent answering (or ignoring) an accusation but as a wolf trying to lead the discussion away from her.
Now, excuse me, that's a bit ridiculous. Should I not voice every little suspicious thing about you that crosses my mind? And as to the fact that those came after your points against me, well, it was obviously because you reserved the computer to yourself before me (no, don't get it wrong, I think it's ok as you had to wake up early while I didn't), but then you can hardly complain that I raise points against you only when you've first raised points against me. And if your posts look suspicious to me, of course I comment it.

I find it funny that you first accuse me of aggressiveness and then of defensiveness. It seems like you complain if I raise points against you or defend myself/ clarify my sayings if someone has raised a point against me. What else could I actually do? Raise points against TM based on three mostly nonsensical posts? (which I actually did) Or stay silent like him and say nothing, as everything I say seems to displease you?

Besides, you accuse me of retaliatory aggressiveness. Just look at your latest post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggleswogglesboggles
And talking about jumpiness... you saw it fit to answer some suspicions laid on you in a different trial altogether but why? That wasn't so pressing as tm is nowhere to be seen and I think I had already dissed them.
But there are other players in this game too, not just the two of you. If I made it through this trial and Night1, I'd still have to reply those points, so why not get it done and out of the way in the first place? Besides, if I were to die before Day1, I would at least have pointed out the flaws in Agan's argumentation. And really, if someone accuses me on feeble grounds, what reasons would I have not to respond it, as there clearly wasn't anything more urgent for me to do? Yes, you can complain that I replied to Agan before looking thorugh your and TM's posts, but I was aware I'd have plenty of time to do both, so it's surely not incrminating that I decided to do the easier/shorter thing first?

Also, I don't like the apologetic ending of your post. Of course people have to challenge each other in these trials. You've been doing it, I've been doing it, and in fact, it has lead to some sort of argument and chain of accusations between us while both of us declare we are not very suspicious of the other. Which would be a very amusing situation if it was less serious.

But really... it seems we can hardly do anything else than argue against each other before TM appears and sheds some light on this whole thing. And justified or not, I have the feeling that he appears a while before the deadline, reads through our little argument and votes the one he says looks more wolvish based on it without really elaborating on that much and disappears. That would be very frustrating, but at least it would solve the problem of who I'm going to vote toDay... *would add a rolleyes-smiley if hadn't already passed the limit*
Old 01-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #199
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'm getting a feeling that our arguments are becoming more and more mirror-images of each other...

I say I suspect Lommy for jumping on my points and turning them to points against me - and she does likewise.

I say Lommy is jumpy & retaliatory, she says I'm jumpy and retaliatory.

Lommy says she's been accused with feeble reasons, I feel the same.

Lommy accuses me of an apologetic ending in my last post and then makes a rather consiliatory ending herself...

Okay the Might, the mighty warrior you boast you are. Come to the rink and don't shy in the shadows. It seems we're in a dire need of discussing something else for a change.

(OOC: I'm going to prepare a dinner for myself and Lommy but will return after an hour or two to try and make some substantial posting - hopefully concerning the Might's new posts as well)
Old 01-19-2008, 10:17 AM   #200
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Lommy accuses me of an apologetic ending in my last post and then makes a rather consiliatory ending herself...
I was about to shout that that's a feeble and false accusation, but then I reconsidered what I had written and found out it's actually true... This situation is quite comical, indeed.

And I agree with you. We can't really do anything more - or at last I can't - before TM arrives.

*waits*