The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #3961
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Anyway, I wanted to ask whether there was likely to be a simple game any time soon? I want to play again but I don't think I'd be able to keep up with anything any more complicated than a couple of Gifted's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
I would like to know as well. It has been such a long time since I joined a WW game (can't even remember the last one). With so many school and work engagements I would love to join a simple, small game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I guess Legate is the next mod and if I remember it correctly he was thinking about a pretty standard game with no extraordinary props included.
A little announcement beforehand: Yes, I was thinking about a simple, classic game. Probably something like three wolves, one seer, one ranger, one hunter and nothing more (and even this can be changed depending on the number of people who sign up etc.).

However...

...however, there is one other thing. I was thinking about a simple game, that's true, but at the same time about an in-role game. Like the one I did when I modded for the first time (WWXXXV: Werewolves among the Wolf-Men). That is, with compulsory roleplaying. I don't know whether it would not scare people off. I have some concept, though, and I believe it may be more interesting if it is with the in-role posting. I know WWXXXV was quite appreciated, however if there is strong wave of protest against in-role game, I may reconsider. So, as the matter was brought up here, I'm giving you this to think about before my game is about to start.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #3962
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Well it would put me off, the idea is what kept me out of Farael's game, but I'm happy to wait for the next game if you want to put it in.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #3963
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Well it would put me off, the idea is what kept me out of Farael's game, but I'm happy to wait for the next game if you want to put it in.
That's just what I was afraid of. Well, if the queue of the players who want to play, but won't want to play if roleplaying were compulsury, I may as well drop the idea. It's not necessary for the game; only I think it may be enjoyable combined with the setting I prepared - and I believe there will be such players who would prefer roleplaying - but it remains to be seen. I'll probably progress based on the people's stances. This is why I asked that in forward. In any case, you can wait till I put up the admin thread (that is, after Aganzir's game finishes), and you can then choose when you have the complex picture.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 03-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #3964
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Legate, I'm quite keen on the idea of compulsory roleplaying.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #3965
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I'd be willing to try something new (i.e. compulsory roleplaying).
Old 03-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #3966
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'd be up for it too. It'd be fun to actually be FORCED to stay in character. Although I'm up for it either way.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #3967
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I agree with sally, I'd enjoy compulsory roleplaying since if it's not compulsory, I always drop it after a couple of posts even though I like roleplaying in ww. But then you just must prepare yourselves for a very frustrated Lommy because I tend to get annoyed when people hide behind their roles....
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:09 PM   #3968
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
This may be simple semantics but please, please, please remember that we do not do official roleplaying in WW. That is left to the Roleplaying subforum. There can be compulsory in-character play.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #3969
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
This may be simple semantics but please, please, please remember that we do not do official roleplaying in WW. That is left to the Roleplaying subforum. There can be compulsory in-character play.
Sorry. Compulsory in-character play. Who is to remember complicated terms like that. I think it's obvious we are not going to roleplay in there. But it's "role" - everyone has a role and they post "in-role". That's true. In-role or in-character makes no difference in my opinion. Well, true, role maybe contends come pre-scribed pattern of behavior. But enough of that. Anyway everyone can look up what I mean in the link I provided.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #3970
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Legate, I'll back you up 110%! When do we start?
Old 03-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #3971
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Yes, when do we start our "compulsory in-character play" game?
Old 03-03-2008, 09:45 PM   #3972
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Narya

The list

Valier(?)
Menel
Nogrod
Rikae and Mac

"The list" is now open for one more!

Edit: Val still hasn't popped in to confirm her reservation..hmm. I'll get ahold of her asap and find out if she's still interested.

Last edited by Naria; 03-30-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:46 PM   #3973
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eh, I think I'll be sitting out on the "in-character" game, as I find it difficult enough to analyze without having to add roleplaying to it.

Oh, and Legate: Yes, I'm sorry for killing you in Volo's last game (just saw your post late on that thread).
Old 03-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #3974
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Hope we've got another game coming up soon?
Old 03-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #3975
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Hope we've got another game coming up soon?
Ditto that. Once the semester's over I lose my internet for a few months, so I'm up for playing as much as possible until then.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:37 PM   #3976
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

DON'T quote me! We are NOT on speaking terms.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:57 PM   #3977
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Well, I can say it now. I had to kill you, kiddo. I mean, what kind of seer would I be if I let you off the hook? You're still a good player though; I just got lucky.

*waits impatiently for next game*

And dang it, I want to be a gifted again. That was a blast!
Old 03-31-2008, 11:43 PM   #3978
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
White-Hand

The list

Nogrod
Rikae and Mac
Durelin
Brinniel

Open for two more!!

Last edited by Naria; 06-08-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:08 AM   #3979
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, I don't really have a good concept lined up yet, but I'll think of something by the end of today. You won't have to wait too long for the admin thread.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:05 AM   #3980
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
After Menel's game we'll be then having the return of the dueling wizards werewolf! I'll try to cross-examine all the requests concerning the dates when people have expressed their ability to play and will come forwards with some more detailed suggestions sometime later.

But now it's time for Menel to take the reins. This was just a pre-remainder of what is to come...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:07 AM   #3981
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
Well, I don't really have a good concept lined up yet, but I'll think of something by the end of today.
It would probably be wise if your game wasn't a hyper-experimentative one as the dueling wizards right after your game will be one that really makes it's own logic...
Old 04-01-2008, 07:48 AM   #3982
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
And dang it, I want to be a gifted again. That was a blast!
And very good you were, too. And so were you, Gwath. It's hard being a wolf-cub.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:11 PM   #3983
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The admin thread is up.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:38 PM   #3984
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Now that Menel's admin thread is up, is there now space on the mod list?
Old 05-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #3985
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Be prepared for Dueling Wizards Werewolf II

It will start after Menel's game as soon as we have enough players and that means quite a lot. We'd need about twenty players for that.

I will be bringing forwards an admin thread to iron out the rules and start the discussion soon enough.

I will be away from home between May 17th and 25th but I hope we can get things rolling before that and can start asp after that.

I'll give you a sneak preview of the game's athmosphere asp as well with posting the thread starter.

So gear up my friends!
Old 05-05-2008, 02:20 PM   #3986
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
It would be great to have DWII up as soon as summer starts! Sign in, people!
Old 05-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #3987
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

You can count on me.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:16 PM   #3988
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

My pouty face, let me show you it.

Finals are next week, as I mentioned before, and after that, alas, no consistent internet for Miss Sally. Thus I will not be able to sign up.

That also means that I command, that's right COMMAND, all of you to enjoy the game, or you will feel the wrath of the duck. Well, not really, since she's leaving for the summer too and I won't see her for a few months after that. But you get the point. Enjoy the game; it sounds like it'll be a lot of fun!

~~Sally~~
Old 05-06-2008, 05:46 AM   #3989
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
It would be great to have DWII up as soon as summer starts! Sign in, people!
Why does it have to be that your summer isn't equal to my summer? Sigh.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #3990
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Another Dueling Wizards Werewolf II? My, my, I may have to join. I'm not sure how far along Menel's game is, but would this Dueling Wizards game start next week at the earliest?
Old 05-06-2008, 10:51 AM   #3991
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
We are on night 3 with a start number of 13. We have had 2 lynches and presumably now 2 dead in the night. One of an undisclosed number of werewolves is dead. I doubt there are less than 3 so it should take at least the rest of the week to complete, possibly rather longer.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #3992
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Why does it have to be that your summer isn't equal to my summer? Sigh.
Yeah, stupid two-sided ball, whatever that means.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #3993
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe Schon gesehen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Be prepared for Dueling Wizards Werewolf II
Well, this is certainly interesting . . .
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #3994
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Another game of dueling wizards does sound appealing....But for me, my participation rests on what time of day the deadline will be. I work weird hours and I do like to be around for the deadline if I can help it. Put me on the list with a ?
Old 05-21-2008, 01:28 AM   #3995
kementari
Haunting Spirit

kementari has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to kementari
1420! Werewolves?

Could someone clarify this werewolf games? Sounds interesting...I'm curious...

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo.
kementari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:42 AM   #3996
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyndevan View Post
Could someone clarify this werewolf games? Sounds interesting...I'm curious...
The first post of this thread clarifies the rules (although, they have changed a little after that), here is the latest game we played if you want to know how it looks like and here is the admin thread for the next game where you can sign in. As a word of warning, though, the next game will not be basic at all and it might give you headache... But if you dare, do join our merry company there!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:04 AM   #3997
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria View Post
The list

Nogrod
Rikae and Mac
Durelin

Open for two more!!
Oh my! Rikae and Mac's game next? I hope I'll have time to join it.

But yes, I would like to jump on list. Inspired by guess what: I'm planning on modding something under a title like "Dueling Mods". Not too ambitious for a change, quite basic, no special roles (well, except for the two dueling mods that is). A mix of old school TiG with some delightful avant-garde randomness, a perfect soup to confuse. A bit like Die Form actually.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:00 AM   #3998
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Did everybody miss Brinn's post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Now that Menel's admin thread is up, is there now space on the mod list?
Old 06-08-2008, 11:08 AM   #3999
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Where does the DW game fall on the list (or is it not on the list?)
Mac and I were talking about co-modding a game sometime in late spring or early summer... it would be a somewhat experimental game, so it's probably best for us to follow a more traditional one. Just thought I'd throw that out there...
Just noticed this... If you and Mac would like to follow a more traditional game, perhaps Brinniel or I could jump ahead of you? That is, if Brinn wants to do a more traditional one. I'm torn between traditional and insanity, so doesn't matter to me.

Of course, I'd really love to have more time to plan myself...haven't even come up with a good theme idea yet...and I also might be away a couple days around when I'd have to start the game/in the middle of the game...so I'm just putting this forward for your sake (and Brinn's if she wants to dive in there ).
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #4000
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Just noticed this... If you and Mac would like to follow a more traditional game, perhaps Brinniel or I could jump ahead of you?).
Sure, that's fine, we were just wondering how we could delay our game, since we aren't prepared yet anyway.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote