The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-08-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Admin Thread - TIG LXV: Our fate lies with...them?

HISTORY

Wild Eye Coyote, a slightly crazed yet cunning seer, and is the last real superhero left. Why? His arch-nemesis, The Dark Monarch, an evil butterfly bent on destroying the world has been killing all the quality heroes. Wild Eye looks now to hold tryouts to put together a new team of heroes in the fight against the Dark Monarch.

However, the recruitments don't go so well, as apparently all that's left is a bunch of d-list superheroes, with completely useless powers. Like...

Major Hot-trousers, who has the ability to light his pants on fire, or the Scissor sisters, twins who are exceptionally good at arts and crafts. They will be all that stands in the way between The Dark Monarch, her evil minions, and the fate of the world.

ROLES

GOOD

Seer - choses a person to dream of each NIGHT. If the seer dreams of the cobbler, xe will only see an ordo.

Ranger- each NIGHT choses someone to protect. The Ranger may protect xemself once and can not protect the same person 2 nights in a row.

Hunter- each NIGHT choses someone to hunt. If attacked, and the hunter has chosen a villain, the villain will die with the hunter. If xe choses an innocent, only the hunter will die. The Hunter can not kill the renegade bear. During the DAY, the Hunter may change the pick from the NIGHT before once. If lynched, the Hunter will take with xem whoever xe picked, regardless of role, and if the renegade bear was chosen during the DAY, the bear will die too.

BFFs- 2 people who are best friends forever, they may pm during both DAY and NIGHT phases. They both can not be known at the same time. Meaning if one is going to be lynched and decides to reveal, the other can not say "I'm the other BFF." If, one dies than the other may reveal. (The only exception to this is if the seer dreams of and reveals both their identities)

X ordos - vote each DAY.

EVIL

3 villains- normal baddies, who choose one player to kill at night. They desire the Dark Monarch's victory. (Firefly, Gust, and Pain) Killed by lynching, the hunter, or the shapeshifter.

Shapeshifter- The Dark Monarch's first attempt to corrupt a hero goes terribly wrong. She loses control, and the person has become a shape-shifting renegade bear. The Bear is a complete loner, who now only desires his/her own victory. The bear will chose one person to kill each NIGHT. The bear can be stopped by the Ranger, but at NIGHT can not be killed by the Hunter. The bear can die by lynching, or if the Hunter is lynched during the DAY and Hunter has chosen the bear. Also,can be killed by lynching, the vilains, and can be discovered by the seer.

Cobbler- will count as an innocent, but wants the Dark Monarch's victory, hoping xe will be rewarded. The cobbler will not be able to find out who the villains are

RULES

You vote like this

++wilwa

You get one retraction every DAY...to retract

--wilwa

*Taking a page from Fea's book...highlighting is just easier to spot than a regular bold. To highlight type [ HIGHLIGHT ] (without the spaces) and then to end the highlight by typing [ /HIGHLIGHT ] (again without the spaces).

-No double lynches. 2-way ties will be broken by a coin toss. 3 or more way ties by a hat pull.

-If you don't vote 2 days in a row, you will be mod-fired. Unless in the admin thread, or by PM you informed myself or wilwa ahead of time, about not being around/able to vote.

*Heroes win when all the villains are killed, and The Dark Monarch is reduced to a weak, meager, existance because of spilling out her powers.

*The Dark Monarch, and her villains win, when there are more (or equal) of them than innocents.

DEADLINE

Is set at 11pm EST (3am GMT)

*And taking a page from Mnemo's book...The closing post will come at :01, any vote at :00, or before will count. Any vote after (whether it's after my post or not) will not be counted.

*Taking a page from the phantom's book, make sure you read through the rules and understand them. Any questions ask in the Admin thread or PM me.

Without further ado, you may now sign-up. For your role, please come up with a name and useless power. If you can't think of one, I will assign one.

------------------------------------------------------

Boro (Wild Eye Coyote)
wilwa (The Dark Monarch)

Looking for Super-heroes. SIGN-UP HERE

alonariel- Rosemancer, creates useful, everyday charms
autume- Lady Tum, The Fish Whisperer, can converse with fish
Brinn- Butterfingers (aka The Klutz) breaks everything she touches
Durelin- Felis Grey, under the impression her domestic cats obey her
Fea- Docter Girlfriend, can flirt exceptionally for unusually long intervals
Formendacil- Celibateman, saving girls everywhere from awkward 1st dates
Hakon- Leaf man, can grow leaves on his limbs whenever he wants
Inziladun- Docter Electron, can predict the precise moment a light bulb will blow
Lari- Hover girl, can hover 3 feet off the ground
Lommy- Prin-Guin, claimed princess of the penguins, wears a penguin suit and crown
Macalaure- The Incredible Sulk, when angry he turns green and pouts
Mira- Narcolepsy girl, falls asleep at the most inoppurtune moment
morm- Athletes Foot Man, grows edible green fungus in feet
Nerwen- The Reverser, can read and write backwards
Nessa- Laughing Lass, can make others laugh uncontrollably
Nienna- Word Cloud Girl, analyzes people based on the frequency of the words they use
Pitchwife- Studebaker Hawk, flies by covering legs in syrup which attracts a swarm of flies
Rikae- Doktor Von und Zum Quatsch, see here for description
sally- Movie quotes girl, quotes/recognizes quotes out of movies and TV
Shasta- Mr. E., always cast in shadows
the phantom- Candor Man not to be confused with Condor Man, the truth is brutal

-------------------------

Last by not least, when sign-ups are complete you will be asked to fill out a tiny survey for me.

PM to me:

...at least 2 players you trust the most
...at least 2 players you distrust the most
...at least 2 players you fear
...at least 2 players you can read

Thanks.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-10-2009 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Improper numerals used (see Form :) )
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
I would love to play! Can I be Laughing Lass, with the power to make people giggle uncontrollably?
Old 08-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Welcome aboard Nessa!
Old 08-08-2009, 10:22 AM   #4
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Welcome aboard Nessa!
Yeah, hopefully this game will last longer than the last. But that game sure was intense.

I plan to wipe the floor of mine enemies this time, whoever they may be.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #5
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
A hearty 'heck yes' to that.

I'm trying to decide between catchphrases and movie/TV quotes. (Yes, there's a difference. Erm....I think.) I'll let you know.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'd like to be Mr. E., who is always cast in shadow.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #7
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
I'd like to be Word Cloud Girl.

All my analysis of people is based on the frequency of certain words they use.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:58 AM   #8
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post

Ahahahaha....I love that!
Old 08-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #9
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Ahahahaha....I love that!
Psh, after this game? I'm totally doing it from now on. I'm actually forcing a word bubble onto my faculty mentor for my Master's program like... right now. I'm using it as a way to explore the themes of a short story I've written. The frequency of word usage as it relates to the meaning I'm attempting to convey...

It's fabulous...
Old 08-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #10
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I'd like to be Mr. E., who is always cast in shadow.
aha, you've given me an idea, for the opening narrational post that is.

Quote:

Is this an actual major? I can imagine someone majoring in the connection between people and the words they use.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:45 AM   #11
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
Is this an actual major? I can imagine someone majoring in the connection between people and the words they use.
Well I'm a psych major, just took a class on Emotion and we studied something called the Dictionary of Affect in Language, and it focuses on the emotions behind certain words. So yeah. haha, it is a type of major. Quiet brilliant.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:01 PM   #12
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Yes, yes and yes. I'll spend the next 5 hours at work pondering my awesome powers since apparently I can't set things on fire.

Last edited by Mirandir; 08-08-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Mirandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #13
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
Yes, yes and yes. I'll spend the next 5 hours at work pondering my awesome powers since apparently I can't set things on fire.
Yay! More!

I've decided to add an adendum to the "Not voting two days in a row mod-fire."

If you consciously decide to not vote on a certain day, for whatever reason, it will not count against you. You, however must let me know you are deciding to abstain from voting by...

++No vote

If you do not do this, and vote for no one, than it will count as a missed vote towards the mod-fire rule.

You may take back your no vote, by retracting it, and that will count as your retraction for the day.

Cool?
Old 08-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #14
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Shiny, Captain.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #15
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Allow me to introduce 'Doctor Electron', whose affinity with the forces of electricity allows him to predict the precise moment a light bulb will blow.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #16
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Allow me to introduce 'Doctor Electron', whose affinity with the forces of electricity allows him to predict the precise moment a light bulb will blow.
That is priceless! Glad you're in Inzil.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #17
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Holy cow, that's amazing....I am in awe, Dun. *bows* Hmmmm, I'll definitely have to think a bit before I come up with mine, what with such amazing powers coming forth and all. I'm a bit overwhelmed, to be honest.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #18
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I didn't think I would do this again (and am not sure it's a good idea), but...a normal game with a cool premise, run by Boro... The only thing missing is a cobbler.

So I guess I'll play. May I be Felis Grey, whom domestic cats may or may not obey if and when they feel like it?
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #19
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
An evil butterfly? Well, I'd like to play, but please don't describe this - horror - in graphic detail, ok? *shudder*

I'll be Doktor Von und Zum Quatsch, an evil (but seemingly not as evil as the Dark Monarch) genius with the ability to instantly turn the most reasonable statement into incomprehensible nonsense and win scrabble games using only my own name.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #20
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*jaw drops*

EDIT: x'd with Rikae, who just forced me into a fit of giggles....I mean dknm bvm Rikae seglokabg sejdbm aoeisadmlb
Old 08-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #21
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh, and to be obnoxious...what if you can only think of players you distrust?

Eh, I'll come up with something, though I must say the players I can read will be the hardest next to players I 'fear'...it's a strong word and if you ever release this information I'd rather not encourage WW egos...
Old 08-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #22
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Oh, and to be obnoxious...what if you can only think of players you distrust?

I agree though. Dang, parts of that will be hard. Somehow I think I can figure something out though. Mehbe.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #23
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Wow Rikae...just wow.

Durelin! You're back, I'm super excited now. Hey now and those questions are no different than what Nogrod asked in one of his games. The results will remain between wilwa and me, and may or may not have a moderately important purpose. So, do think on it.

Edit: Oh, and since you mention it Durelin, I was thinking about adding a cobbler, or a cursed depending on the number of players. I'll go a min-max of 14 to 17 and if it's towards the higher will probably add another evil role.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-08-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #24
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
The results will remain between wilwa and me, and may or may not have a moderately important purpose. So, do think on it.

Edit: Oh, and since you mention it Durelin, I was thinking about adding a cobbler, or a cursed depending on the number of players. I'll go a min-max of 14 to 17 and if it's towards the higher will probably add another evil role.
Thinks he's clever, this one.

I think a cobbler or a cursed would be an excellent addition, assuming of course that we get enough people. Oh, and I'd prefer a later deadline because it appears I may be getting some sort of job (yay!) so the other might be a bit hard. Though of course I know the Europeans, etc. have to suffer most of the time so really either is fine with me.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #25
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Sign me up!
Old 08-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #26
alonariel
Wight

Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
Sign me up!
Google is a wondrous thing, and so is the super hero name generator. Apparently, I'm meant to be Rosemancer, with the ability to generate useful, everyday magical charms...
Old 08-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #27
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
Sign me up!
I saw your post yesterday rolling up your sleeves, ready to go, and had you on the list from the start. But, it's always nice to make it official.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #28
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
I saw your post yesterday rolling up your sleeves, ready to go, and had you on the list from the start. But, it's always nice to make it official.
I was wondering how my name got on that list so quickly. Thanks for keeping me in mind, Boro. I'm sure this game'll be just as fun as the last - let's just hope it'll last a bit longer!
Old 08-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #29
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Mira kindly asks me to sign her up as Narcoleptic Girl. She frequently falls asleep at very inopportune moments.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #30
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Mira kindly asks me to sign her up as Narcoleptic Girl. She frequently falls asleep at very inopportune moments.
Ahaha, that's brilliant.

I love the light bulb thing too. Don't know how I'll ever be able to defeat that one, I'm totally doomed!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #31
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Oi! No basing powers off real people! You better watch yourself, Missy, or else....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If we have an understanding that I'm indecisive (heh, if it wouldn't get me lynched that would be my power) and may switch later I'll go with movie line girl. I can quote/recognize quotes from movies and TV.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #32
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Nienna (well I guess it'd be Mira), my roommate and I have come up with at least 25 of these...guess what one of them was? Yep.

Sally, as you-u-u-u wi-i-ssssh, tell me where that's from?

Edit:

Oh and after further consultation, 11pm EST is the decided DL. Good?

Plus, I'll be looking to start on 13th or the 14th. I'm waiting on confirmation from a few players, and of course sign-ups are still open.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-08-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #33
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sign me up. I hope it is not too late. For me the 11 pm est deadline works best. Also I think adding a cobbler would be a good idea.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #34
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Sally, as you-u-u-u wi-i-ssssh, tell me where that's from?
I can't possibly have seen everything, you know. I do have standards.

*thumbs nose at you*

You expect me to watch stuff like that? Inconceivable!
Old 08-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #35
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
Sign me up. I hope it is not too late. For me the 11 pm est deadline works best. Also I think adding a cobbler would be a good idea.
Not to late at all Hakon, come on in. Yes I will probably add an evil role...maybe a cobbler, but may I ask if you are familiar with the 'cursed innocent?'

It's been used a couple times. The cursed is an ordo (and counts as an innocent), but doesn't know he/she is cursed. If the wolves pick that person to kill than the cursed gets changed into a wolf. If the cursed dies from a lynching, than all that will be revealed from the death was an ordo had been killed.

I can fit either the cobbler, or cursed, into the game premise, so let me know what you think.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #36
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

The cobbler is so much more fun! The cursed is boring...just a boring ordo unless he/she is chosen as a kill, and then they're just a boring wolf... The cobbler is a being of mayhem...sometimes subtle, often not....
Old 08-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #37
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
The cobbler is so much more fun! The cursed is boring...just a boring ordo unless he/she is chosen as a kill, and then they're just a boring wolf... The cobbler is a being of mayhem...sometimes subtle, often not....

*cough* Do both. *cough*
Old 08-08-2009, 04:07 PM   #38
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Oh heck, well. Yes. If there's still room in the line-up, count me in, and dang real life!
I suppose I can manage the 11pm deadline, if everybody else can live with me having to vote about 6 hours early. The survey will be tough - I don't feel like I know any of you others well enough to answer that, but I'll try.
As this looks like it's gonna be quite a big team, I'm very much for adding a cobbler or cursed (or both?).

Oh yes - and may I introduce myself: Studebaker Hawk, at your service, with the ability to fly by covering my pants with maple syrup in order to attract millions of flies which will then lift me up in the air. (Don't ask what happens when all the syrup has been devoured...)
Old 08-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #39
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sign me up as The Incredible Sulk!

When angry, I turn green and pout.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #40
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hooray for the later deadline! As for the Europeans, any of them too foolish to move to the U.S. to do my cooking and housework for me, deserve a bad WW deadline.

I also vote for a cobbler AND a cursed. Or a cursed cobbler? Cobbler lovers? Cobbler seer alpha wolf weaver? Or perhaps a random undisclosed evil role?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote