The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-02-2008, 03:07 AM   #1
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril My Hobbit Hole and the Road

In addition to my passion for Tolkien's works, I am also an enthusiastic patchworker and quilter. Once in awhile, both interests come together and result in a Tolkien-themed artwork. I've been working on a fabric book with the lines of "The road goes ever on...", my favourite poem; the basic sewing is finished, and I will be adding more details as time goes by. The work may go ever on and on, like the road, as new ideas come to me. I do hope to finish enough so that I can show it at Oxonmoot.

'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:31 AM   #2
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
*Awww* *eeek* *WOW*

/End of message
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
Rumil
Sage & Onions

Rumil has been trapped in the Barrow!
Eye Fuzzy-wuzzy

Hi Esty,

very cute!! I love Bilbo's pot plants ;-)

Cheers

Rumil
Old 09-02-2008, 02:17 PM   #4
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Thanks, guys! It's always nice to get feedback on my projects. As to the potted trees/bushes, they're taken straight from Tolkien's own sketches of Bag End - he always has one on each side of the front door. (Actually, mine are miniature trees from model train sets, combined with a button pot...)
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #5
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
I love it, Esty! I just wish that I could do something creative as that...
Old 09-05-2008, 04:24 AM   #6
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I really like that!!! Especially the photo of yourself emerging from the door - I hope you leave that in

Does it fold out like a concertina?

Hey, you could have a new career in making fabric baby books more interesting than the usual fare!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:03 AM   #7
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
This is a beautiful testament to your love of the poem, Esty. The pictures make me wish I could hold it and feel the textures of the facric, of the stones, the heavy weight of the door.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:30 PM   #8
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thumbs up

Wonderful, Esty! I followed the trail to your blog -- way do lead on to way, don't she? -- hoping for some more detailed shots of the other panels, only to be disappointed. Then I got to see the shot of you as Hortensia Boffin and I was okay again.

Most excellent work.
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote