The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-12-2002, 06:07 AM   #1
Nilwen
Haunting Spirit

Nilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe BBC Radio(LoTR)!!!

I have acquired a copy of a BBC Radio show of LoTR.It is neet,but,you wont believe this,
They cut out Tom Bombadil and the Barrow-Downs.They go strate from from the farmers house to the gates at Bree.Has any one herd of this radio show,and what do you think of it.

[ October 12, 2002: Message edited by: Nilwen ]
Old 10-12-2002, 06:29 AM   #2
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

This series was broadcast in the uk in 1981, as 26 half hour episodes. it was the most expensive, & longest drama ever comissioned by the BBC. The reason the Bombadil episode was missed was that they didn't have enough episodes available.
But a few years later one of the adaptors, Brian Sibley did radio dramas of the Bombadil episode, Farmer Giles, Niggle, & Smith of Wooton Major. They're all available on CD in the UK - try Amazon UK, as 'Tales from the Perilous Realm'. So you can listen to the Lord of the rings series up to the hobbits leaving the Shire, change to the Bombadil episode, then back to the series, & get the whole story. Unfortunately, it has different actors.
davem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 07:03 AM   #3
Nilwen
Haunting Spirit

Nilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Thank you.I friend of mine burnd it for me.I have 13 episodes at 1 hour long.I think he downloaded them from some where.I will ckeck out amazon.I like radio shows and this is the coolest one I've heard.
Old 10-12-2002, 07:53 AM   #4
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Hi Nilwen, Just a bit more info, if you're interested in finding out more about the radio series, & seeing some pictures of the cast try www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/lordoftherings/
davem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 09:19 AM   #5
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

*sigh* both the movie and the radio thingy felt inclined to cut out the downs and dear Tom...."WHAT DID A BUNCH OF WRAITHS EVER DO TO YOU!!!???"
Old 10-13-2002, 10:55 AM   #6
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

I thought that the BBC episode's of LOTR were awesome! I loved them and I plan on getting a copy of them as soon as possible!

[ October 13, 2002: Message edited by: Arathiriel ]