The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2005, 02:32 PM   #761
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
"---/ ---/ ---/ ---/ ---s-/ ----s---/! ---'t/ -----/ t--/ --------s/, ---'t/ ----/ --/ ---t-/ -----ts/, ---/ ----/ ----/ ----/ ---/ ----/ ------/!"
Old 05-27-2005, 02:33 PM   #762
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Not very revealing so far... How about Rs?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 03:09 PM   #763
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"---/ ---/ ---/ ---/ ---s-/ ---rs---/! ---'t/ --rr-/ t--/ --------s/, ---'t/ ----/ --/ ---t-/ r----ts/, ---/ ----/ ----/ ----/ ---/ ----/ ----r-/!"
Old 05-28-2005, 06:10 AM   #764
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Let's see if a vowel helps any - A, please.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 05-28-2005, 02:19 PM   #765
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"---/ ---/ ---/ a--/ a--s-/ ---rs---/! ---'t/ --rr-/ t--/ --------s/, ---'t/ ----/ --/ ---t-/ ra---ts/, a--/ ----/ -a--/ ----/ ---/ ----/ ----r-/!"
Old 05-28-2005, 02:27 PM   #766
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Still not easy, but it must be my lucky day - I have the answer!

Quote:
Now fly off and amuse yourself. Don't worry the moonbeams, and don't kill my white rabbits, and come home when you are hungry!
The Man-in-the-Moon to Roverandom (also to the moon-dog, who quotes exactly the same sentence)
Old 05-28-2005, 03:33 PM   #767
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up Correct !

Wow, that was really well done, Esty - with so few letters!
Did you guess the rabbits?
Old 05-29-2005, 05:44 AM   #768
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

"worry" and "rabbits" - and then everything was clear!

Here's a new one for you:
Quote:
...----- ---- --- ---- --- ---- ---- --- ----? ----- -- - ------ -- ---- ----.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:20 PM   #769
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Are there any O's ?
Old 05-30-2005, 03:49 PM   #770
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

O yes

...----- ---- -o- ---- --- ---- ---- -o- ----? ----- -- - --o--- -- -o-- ----.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:15 AM   #771
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

not that many Os! can't do without the T's, after all
Old 05-31-2005, 10:34 AM   #772
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T-time

...----- ---- -o- ---- --- ---t ---- -o- ----? T---- -- - --o--- -- -o-- ----.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:22 AM   #773
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

how about R ?
Old 06-01-2005, 07:30 AM   #774
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"u"s?
Old 06-01-2005, 11:56 AM   #775
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R U ready for this?

...---r- ---- -ou ---- --- ---t ---- -ou ----? T--r- -- - --o--r -- -our ---r.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:17 PM   #776
Larien Telemnar
Wight

Larien Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Larien Telemnar Send a message via MSN to Larien Telemnar Send a message via Yahoo to Larien Telemnar
May I have a Y?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:54 PM   #777
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"Where have you been and what have you seen? There is a flower in your hair."

Nell speaking to her husband, the Smith of Wootton Major.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:51 PM   #778
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Impressive, Guinevere! Your ability to get these with so little evidence makes you the Quotes-Columbo of the Downs!

I'm afraid I'll have to miss out on this thread for the next several weeks, as I'll be on vacation with erratic internet access - I hope the rest of you will carry on!
Old 06-04-2005, 09:53 AM   #779
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Now there is a chance for everybody! (unless HI joins in... )

"--/ -----/ --/ --/ ----/ ---/ ----/ -/ ----/ ----/ ---/ ---/ -----/. ---/ ----/ ----/ -/ ----/ ----/, ---/ ---/ ---/ ----/ --/, ------/ --/ ---------/ --------/ --/."
Old 06-30-2005, 06:40 AM   #780
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...about time I got back!

So where is everybody?? I'll start off with my usual Ts, please, since no one else is active here now.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:57 AM   #781
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Welcome back, Esty! Here is your T :

"-t/ -----/ t-/ --/ t--t/ ---/ ----/ -/ ----/ t--t/ ---/ ---/ t---t/. --t/ t---/ ----/ -/ ----/ ----/, ---/ ---/ ---/ ----/ -t/, ------/ --/ --------t/ --------/ --/."

(It took me a while to find my own quote again!)
Old 06-30-2005, 12:27 PM   #782
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...traditionally followed by an S, of course.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:41 PM   #783
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Voilà !

"-t/ s---s/ t-/ --/ t--t/ ---/ ----/ -/ ----/ t--t/ ---/ ---/ t--st/. --t/ t---/ --s-/ -/ ----/ ----/, ---/ ---/ ---/ ----/ -t/, ----ss/ --/ ----s---t/ -------s/ --/."
Old 06-30-2005, 02:16 PM   #784
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R, please
Old 07-01-2005, 08:53 AM   #785
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"-t/ s---s/ t-/ --/ t--t/ ---/ ----/ -/ ----/ t--t/ ---/ ---/ tr-st/. --t/ t---/ --s-/ -/ ----/ r---/, --r/ ---/ ---/ ----/ -t/, ----ss/ --/ --r-s---t/ -------s/ --/."
Old 07-01-2005, 08:55 AM   #786
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Hmmmmmm - let's have the Ms, please
Old 07-01-2005, 09:01 AM   #787
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"-t/ s--ms/ t-/ m-/ t--t/ ---/ ----/ -/ ----/ t--t/ ---/ ---/ tr-st/. --t/ t---/ --s-/ -/ ----/ r---/, --r/ ---/ m--/ ----/ -t/, ----ss/ m-/ --r-s---t/ -------s/ m-/."
Old 07-01-2005, 09:25 AM   #788
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
It seems to me that you have a luck that you can trust. But take also a long rope, for you may need it, unless my foresight deceives me.
That's the parson, speaking to Farmer Giles of Ham of something that Tolkien apparently thought important (see LotR) - packing a rope as a precaution!
Old 07-01-2005, 09:43 AM   #789
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

That's it! Well done, Esty!
Old 07-01-2005, 04:23 PM   #790
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I wonder about the truth of this statement:
Quote:
-- --- ---- -- ---'- -- --- ------- ------, --- ---- ------- -- ------ ---- ----.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:29 AM   #791
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Are there any O's ?
Old 07-05-2005, 06:42 AM   #792
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Ss please?
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:16 AM   #793
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

O S

Many of the first, one of the second:

-- --- ---- -- -o-'- -o o-- ----o-- -o----, --- -oo- -oo---- -s ------ ---- -o--.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:31 PM   #794
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

The inevitable T's please!
Old 07-06-2005, 01:29 AM   #795
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+t

-t --- --t- -- -o-'t -o o-- --t-o-t -ot---, --- -oo- -oo---- -s --tt-- t--- -o--.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:45 PM   #796
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

I couldn't decide what letter I should ask next, but after some brainwork I find that I don't need another one :
Quote:
"At any rate he won't go off without notice," they said, "and poor cooking is better than none."
The people of Wootton Major about Nokes
Old 07-06-2005, 02:48 PM   #797
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

*Esty applauds vigorously

Wonderful work, Guinevere! That statement always has me thinking - we wonders, yes, we wonders...
Old 07-08-2005, 02:52 AM   #798
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thank you, Esty! Well, as for me, I rather prefer no cooking (but bread & butter & cheese & fruit etc.) to poor cooking!!

"----'-/ --/ ------/ ------/! ---/ -----/ ----/ ----/ ----/ --/! ---/ -----/ --/ ---/ -----/: ------/ -----/, ---------/, -----/ -----/ ---/ ------/;"
Old 07-08-2005, 06:39 AM   #799
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I quite agree! Now, just to be different for a change, let's start off with the Ns, please.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:52 AM   #800
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"m"s. please.