The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2003, 12:33 PM   #1
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting REAL Teaser poster for RotK! (From official site)

Take a looky! <P> <P>You can find it and a desktop of it at <A HREF="http://lordoftherings.net" TARGET=_blank>lordoftherings.net</A> <P>A bit more interesting than the Saruman one. <BR>~M
Old 06-27-2003, 12:35 PM   #2
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

*drowns in Viggo's endless blue eyes*<P>Wow. All I can do is drool.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 12:53 PM   #3
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dūm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

I love how since it's called Return of the King it's not a picture of "pretty boy" Frodo (as my mom calles him ), and that he's still wearing Barahir's ring and that his sword is Anduril. Ooooh, Aragorn looks like he washed his hair!
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 01:04 PM   #4
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

what actually is barahirs ring?<BR>that pic is...just...great!i'm speechless!<BR>that pic is also <BR><A HREF="http://www.fantasyplanet.cz/lotr/galeriefilm.asp" TARGET=_blank>here</A>
Old 06-27-2003, 01:10 PM   #5
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dūm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

Barahir is Beren's father, who when he rescued Finrod, received a ring from him. When he died, Barahir's ring became like a hand-me-down sort of thing in Isildur's House. Then somehow (I forget how) I think Elrond received it and then later gave it to Aragorn. It would help if I reread the Silmarillion...
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 01:36 PM   #6
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Elrond must have had it from the beginning, after Elendil. I don't remember if Isildur had it at the Battle of the Gladden Fields, but if he did, then he must have given it to his squire Ohtar to take along with the Shards of Narsil to Rivendell. Elrond gave it to each Heir of Isildur upon his coming of age, and so, it probably passed on to Aragorn that way. Once he turned 20, Elrond told him who he truly was, and gave him the shards of Narsil and the Ring of Barahir.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:05 PM   #7
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well that poster is very nice! I'd really like to kiss him, he's so yummy looking! Thanks!
Old 06-27-2003, 03:22 PM   #8
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I found that picture earlier. Its already on my desktop It's beautiful, isn't it?<BR>People will remember that Lord Of The Rings is about a ring, and not Aragorn becoming king, right? There has been a lot of emphasis on Aragorn, and it seems as though Lord Of The Rings will end up being referred to as Lord Of The Kings. Anyone else feel this, or am I just paranoid?
Old 06-27-2003, 03:41 PM   #9
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Woah! that is a much better poster than what I thought it would be. How dramatic!<P>Additionally I also heard that they are going to do a series of posters with a single charater every month up until they release the final poster. So it is just going to get better and better
Old 06-27-2003, 04:33 PM   #10
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ooo...I hope so, Gorwingel!<P>That's sort of a freaky picture of Viggo. I saw it and I was like "Whoa...he looks hynotizing...must...stare...into...eyes...Hey, Anduril!!!"<P>[EDIT] Eep! I didn't even catch my mistake until I was out of the house! Narsil...I have Narsil on the brain!<p>[ June 27, 2003: Message edited by: Horse-Maiden of the Shire ]
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 05:27 PM   #11
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>That's sort of a freaky picture of Viggo. I saw it and I was like "Whoa...he looks hynotizing...must...stare...into...eyes...Hey, Narsil!!!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh I know, it is sometimes hard to look at, it kind of reminds me of the first 2 teasers for FOTR with the striking pictures of Frodo. I always thought that that poster was kind of scary, just the way that he was looking at you.<BR>But I love the drama of this one though, it is very cool
Old 06-27-2003, 05:48 PM   #12
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

In a darkened and creaking house such as mine, that poster loses its 'wow' factor and gains a sort of freaky air about it. More like 'please stop looking at me, shut your eyes...No Wait! Don't! Pictures aren't supposed to move!' And now I'm getting that horrible feeling that someone is behind me. I'm going to bed.
Old 06-27-2003, 05:58 PM   #13
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>That's sort of a freaky picture of Viggo. I saw it and I was like "Whoa...he looks hynotizing...must...stare...into...eyes...Hey, Narsil!!!" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>My thoughts exactly, only I was trying <B>not</B> to look into his eyes. Freaky.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:22 PM   #14
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

It's a good shot, but I thought he looked a tad evil in it when I first saw it on the site. Dunno why. Maybe it's the eyes... o_O
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 08:32 PM   #15
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This poster is So. Stinkin. COOL! The best Aragorn poster I've seen yet. It says so much, I don't know if it's because I've read the books, or simply because it screams "King". *sigh* 'Tis very awesome! <P>Is it just me, or does he somehow not quite look like Aragorn? He looks different. In a good way, but odd

~The Fellowship of the King~
Shy Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 08:37 PM   #16
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

He looks like he's trying to do a Stuart Townsend pose- the one from Queen of the Damned.
Old 06-27-2003, 09:28 PM   #17
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I agree. He really does NOT look like Aragorn there. Maybe he was trying a Stuart Townsend pose because Stuart was almost cast as Aragorn. I have this horrible feeling that he's going to open his mouth and reveal two sets of sharp, pointy teeth.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:46 AM   #18
Morquesse
Wight

Sting

I think he's just being...Kingly. Though I admit, there are some pictures I can't look at, because they feel like they are actually gazing at you. You know that TV guide with the four hobbits on the cover? I simply cannot look at it, it bring chills, while some photos don't bug me at all, like that one. <P>A poster of each character? Gimme, and let me loose $120 down the tube. A tasty thought though( the posters, not the loosing of money). <BR>~M
Old 06-28-2003, 08:46 AM   #19
Menelhachwen
Pile O'Bones

Menelhachwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<P>Can somebody tell me WHY is he sooo handsome? <P>I can't wait until December!!!!
Old 06-28-2003, 09:49 AM   #20
Trippo The Hippo
Wight

Location: somewhere with hippos that say jolly o and wear spectacles
Trippo The Hippo has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Thank you so much! That poster rocks, and I am not even a Viggo fan girl. That is really cool. Now I can not wait!
Old 06-28-2003, 02:11 PM   #21
Elentįri
Wight

Elentįri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i dont really like viggo...aragorns not too bad tho...although those eyes REALLY freaked me out. i almost fell off my chair lol. hmmm will there be a leggy teaser poster? there are normally many....
Old 06-28-2003, 05:21 PM   #22
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Can somebody tell me WHY is he sooo handsome?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Why to drive you bonkers, of course.
Old 06-28-2003, 07:11 PM   #23
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>A poster of each character? Gimme, and let me loose $120 down the tube. A tasty thought though( the posters, not the loosing of money).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have to agree, I collect the posters (I have four of the full size ones from FOTR and TTT) and I am worried about where I am going to put them all, because I am running out of room. I hope they come out with a Sam one though. And since it seems they are doing weapons and rings theme. I think they should have him holding Sting (like during the battle with Shelob) so that the people who have not read the book go "why is he holding Frodo's sword?" "Does something happen to Frodo? Nothing can happen to him". Or do you all think that would be giving away too much?<P>For all of you this is the article that talks about the multiple teasers with different charaters, and some stuff about the trailer<BR><A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1056407274" TARGET=_blank>TheOneRing.net</A>
Old 06-28-2003, 09:06 PM   #24
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hey wow thats awesome!!!!! I like!!! He is sooooooooo handsome!!! <P>*faints*
Old 06-28-2003, 09:47 PM   #25
QuickSlash
Wight

QuickSlash has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to QuickSlash Send a message via Yahoo to QuickSlash
Sting

Mrowr. <P>*clears throat*<P>Um. Yes. Thank you. Very much. I'd kept the desktop of him from the first movie since it came out until now. I'd looked a little for better ones, but I was happy with what I had. But this...is very good. Very,...very good. *stares at it*<P>[edit for typo]<p>[ June 28, 2003: Message edited by: QuickSlash ]
Old 06-28-2003, 10:45 PM   #26
Elvanui
Animated Skeleton

Elvanui has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I put that picture on my desktop and my sister completely freaked when she closed up a program and there he was...staring out at her. Those eyes are hypnotizing...I cannot look away(I must add that I am in no way a fangirl...I wonder how this poster affects the Nazgirls?) <BR>*newsflash: scores of teenybopper girls have starved to death after being unable to remove themselves from the new ROTK teaser poster for several days*
Old 06-29-2003, 09:06 AM   #27
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> *newsflash: scores of teenybopper girls have starved to death after being unable to remove themselves from the new ROTK teaser poster for several days* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yup, that's me... minus the teenybopper.<P>I have so many pictures and posters that I have had to start overlapping and putting them on other people's doors.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:08 AM   #28
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Hey! Maybe this is the "look" Sauron gets in the palantir? The symbols and the *scary* eyes would be perfect!
Old 06-29-2003, 10:40 AM   #29
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Pipe

That is one seriously computer-altered image. What is it with altering the eyes? In Moria, at the Doors, Gandalf's eyes looked amazingly freaky too. And seeing as they put that massive sword in, I'm guessing Andśril plays a great part. Hopefully in the Absence of Arwen, but one can't have everything I suppose...
Old 06-29-2003, 04:42 PM   #30
Morquesse
Wight

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>What is it with altering the eyes? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I didn't know they altered eyes, but there is one pair I wished they did change: Frodo's. Hobbits are supposed to be earthy-looking, and I think he fails terribly. but he's still cute. <P>Back to the poster: You can pre-order it at <BR><A HREF="http://shop.newline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=13923;category_id=2472;pcid 1=;pcid2=" TARGET=_blank>NewLineshop.com</A> for around $15.<BR>See you later! <BR>~M
Old 07-01-2003, 11:54 PM   #31
Roccotari Eldandil
Haunting Spirit

Roccotari Eldandil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Whoa. <BR>His eyes are gorgeous. I got shivers down my spine when I saw that picture. It's one of those magnet looks, you can't tear your eyes away. I hope that's the look that he gives Sauron! that would be so AWESOME!!!!! And I'm glad they're going to have Andśril. I was mad when (in Extended FotR) they didn't give him the sword.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:13 AM   #32
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

It says a lot. <P>But no, I don't think he looks like he's finally washed his hair...frankly, I don't even think he has the time. <P>Great eyes, though...
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 10:39 AM   #33
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I was looking for a picture of the animated Nazgul from the Bakshi cartoon and I stumbled upon this:<BR><A HREF="http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/kefren/immaginifilm/eveningpost-nazgul.jpg" TARGET=_blank>Pelennor</A><BR>Enjoy!
Old 07-02-2003, 10:47 AM   #34
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Actually, that looks like it might be a dead Oliphaunt, since it appears to have a broken fortress structure on one side of the type mounted on the fighting Mumakil. And as best as I can remember from the Oliphaunt in TTT, the scale works too.<P>Whatever it is, the wretched beast is peppered with arrows.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:24 PM   #35
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

Man if the teaser poster is out that means that the preview will be out anytime now. I have been keeping my eyes peeled at every movie I see to make sure I don't miss it. I hope you guys are right in saying that there will be a teaser with a different character every month. I want Legolas!!! Although if it is true I will probably have to order it online for stores here carry the posters with one or three characters on them but not the theatrical versions.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 03:06 PM   #36
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

I <B>love</B>that poster..it really seems like Aragorn's hypnotising you. Times like this I think i can't wait any longer. Bring on RotK!
Old 07-02-2003, 05:36 PM   #37
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

*drools* That is such a good picture..... and there's going to be a series of these? YES!!! I can't wait until RotK is in theaters!!!<P>Only 168 more days!<P>Abedithon le,<BR>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 07-12-2003, 04:26 AM   #38
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

I would like to say that the ring is not Barahir's ring. Aragorn gave the ring of Barahir to Arwen at some point in their love story (I can't remember when).<P>Oh my.. he looks gorgeous!! Maybe Legolas finally convinced him to take a bath.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 08:13 PM   #39
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I would like to say that the ring is not Barahir's ring. Aragorn gave the ring of Barahir to Arwen at some point in their love story (I can't remember when).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>"Hey Arwen, wanna go steady?" I don't think so. He never gave the ring of Barahir to Arwen in the books. The ring was always passed from father to eldest son, and he would have given it to Eldarion.
Old 07-13-2003, 09:32 PM   #40
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Actually, they have made a poster with Legolas on it. I saw it in a store at the New Jersey Mall in Freehold the other day. If anyone lives in New Jersy, U.S., go get the poster there, if someone hasn't already gotten it.