Eye Blood Run: A Terror Returns Discussion Thread

Durelin and Firefoot, game co-facilitators, invite you to play in their game:

Blood Run: A Terror Returns
Old 04-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Historical Background

Around 70 F.A., about 72 years after the War of the Ring and 50 years before the death of Elessar, Sam has left Middle-earth, and Pippin and Merry have left The Shire for Gondor. The world, and particularly quiet places like Bree, is getting used to peace and a very bright future.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Basic Storyline:

Something has moved into the wilderness surrounding Bree, some kind of evil that relishes the taste of fresh meat. Livestock have been slaughtered, some eaten thoroughly. Other bodies were found simply torn apart, the pieces scattered. Sheep, pigs, and even a few cows have all been found dead, and the culprits have yet to even be seen. Recently the remains of a couple pets have been found, and the people’s fright has risen to new heights, as they fear some kind of progression. The mayor calls for a meeting in the Town Hall about the problem, and hopes that some will volunteer to discover what or who is behind the killings, and hopefully find a way to put an end to them.

Having enjoyed the peace that the end of the War of the Ring has meant for Middle-earth, the people are terrified by the prospect of a new shadow across their world, however small it is.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:30 PM   #4
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

An Extremely Brief & Basic Outline for the game:

Day 1 - Morning – Town Meeting; opinions are expressed, characters volunteer (or are volunteered!).
Day 1 - Afternoon – The characters have their own meeting to make plans. (<--This is where the game will open up at.)
Day 2-? – The characters put their plans into action, and depending on those plans and how they are carried out, they will at least catch a glimpse of what they are up against. How long it takes before the truth is known depends on how things go.

There will likely be a few days in which the group investigates the killings, maybe possible “suspects,” perhaps the wilderness outside of Bree, etc. New clues as to who or what is behind the slaughtering of animals will be found, either during the group’s search, or when each night or morning more attacks occur or other carcasses are found.

After that – The group plans specifically how to take care of the problem, now that they know what it is. They carry out their plans, “the Problem” fights back, there is a short battle, some things might go slightly awry, but in the end the Breelanders win.

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-07-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:31 PM   #5
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Starting Location: The Town Hall in Bree

Likely destination: This adventure might take the characters out into the wilderness surrounding Bree, maybe even as far as the Weather Hills; or the characters may stay in Bree proper the entire game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The purpose of the story is to: Find out what is causing such problems for the village and get rid of the problem.

This means we will know the story is over when: Bree is back to its peaceful daily routine.

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-26-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:32 PM   #6
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Timeframes:

This game takes place in the Fourth Age at around year 70.

The storyline itself or plot covers about a week, possibly more if things go poorly, possibly less if things go incredibly well.

This game requires a time commitment of 2-3 months from me, the game owner and from the major players. Unless there are major problems, we will be sticking to 3 months at the most for this game.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #7
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Where's Firefoot? She hasn't been around for ages and if she had time, this would be an ideal place for Toby to comment - he's the bos after all.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:55 PM   #8
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm really sorry for my lack of participation here. I don't really have an excuse, only to say that I'm at a point in my life where if I really wanted to, I could probably make some time, it's been the "wanting to" that's been lacking. I wrote up a quick post for Toby to try and get some things going again. Sorry for my absence, and I'll try to keep up better with this...
Old 11-04-2007, 08:17 PM   #9
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
If nobody has any objection, I think now would be a good time for Kuric to jump in again. Of course, he will complain that we are not going out into the wild today as looking around town wasn't the sort of action he was looking for. I don't want Kuric to monopolize the time though so please let me know if somebody else wants to respond first.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:42 AM   #10
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
I have a post nearly finished. Since Edin Cengal is an NPC, would it be okay for Sam to suggest him as a source of information? Or would that be Toby's job?

I'm also hoping to be more involved again, at least before holiday madness hits.

Thanks, Dunwen
Old 11-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #11
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Go ahead Dunwen, Kuric will wait.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:07 PM   #12
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Dunwen, feel free to suggest away.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:18 AM   #13
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Go ahead Dunwen, Kuric will wait.
Morm, if you've got something ready it won't hurt my feelings if you post it. Part of the pleasure of RPGs for me is working with what others write.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #14
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Hey,
Sorry that I haven't been on here in forever... thing's are still crazy over here, but they've been getting better in one way, but going downhill in other ways. School's out and I have an 45 minutes before I have to leave, so I'll see if I can get a post up.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:44 PM   #15
mormegil
Maundering Mage

The Holidays are over, is anybody going to be able to post soon?