The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-16-2005, 05:07 PM   #1
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Leaf Werewolf X: The One Saga to Rule them All!

Welcome to Werewolf X: The one Saga to Rule them All!

This story takes place in the village of Tinseltown. I know Tinseltown sounds like the name of town you would find in a fairy tale, but I’m afraid that this isn’t a fairy tale. Its starts out just like a fairy tale with the sentence “Once upon a time…” but the rest of that sentence isn’t very happy. This story also definitely doesn’t end with “And they lived happily ever after.” it’s more the direct opposite of that.

*~*~*~*~*~*

The game happens in DAY phases and NIGHT phases. The DAYS and NIGHTS both start at 7pmEST, to find out what time that is for you, just look at the time on this post. During the NIGHT the Werewolves choose their victims. During the Day the villagers lynch another player trying to get rid of all of the Wolves.

I will not allow a mass lynching. Two deaths at once are all I can handle.

Votes will be bolded and in capitals and have two ++ signs in front of them; they will be posted on a separate line like this, I will get very angry if they are not on a seperate line ( ):

++WILWARIN

Votes are irretractable.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Discrepancies

Compromising privacy: You can say you're a villager/seer/werewolf, etc. all you want, but under no circumstances should you post anything that would give your claim absolute credibility. You are not allowed to post any PMs or other private conversation between yourself and the game moderator. Infractions of this rule are grounds for immediately disqualification from that game and all future games.

Outside interference: Once you are killed in a werewolf game you should no longer post in the thread, or the Werewolf I thread, or communicate with players that are still alive in the game. You're dead. Dead people don’t talk. Breaching of this rule will result in disqualification from all future games.

Private Messages: Players may not PM one another about the game; all discussion must be open. The exceptions are the Werewolves, who may only PM one another during Night. Please remember to keep space for PMs from other players or me, if relevant.

Role Play: Players should not refer to the game as a game, even though I do, consider this a role playing game. I will have to insist that you do not mention past villages whatsoever. It is, of course, okay to theorize concerning werewolf tactics. This hardly requires the words “When I was a Werewolf in Game VII…” to be attached to the front of the theory. Breaking this rule will result in a warning, breaking it a second time will result in automatic lynching.

Please remember to stay invisible. You can do this by going to User CP, change options and clicking the Invisible Mode button, don't forget to press Save Changes. I would also like atleast one post from everyone every DAY, doesn't matter how short it is, if you miss two whole DAYS you will be lynched.

*~*~*~*~*~*

The wolves win if the wolf/villager ratio is equal, the villagers win if all of the wolves are killed.

*~*~*~*~*~*

The Roles

Ordinary Villager: They communicate on this thread only and only during the DAY, they lynch one (or two) suspected wolves per DAY.

Werewolves: These three communicate during the Night about who to kill and then send the person’s name to me, they try to avoid suspicion during the Day.

Seer: The seer chooses one person to dream about, that person’s name is then sent to me, then that person’s role is revealed to the seer.

Ranger: The ranger chooses one person to protect from wolf attacks each night. They cannot choose the same person twice in a row.

Hunter: The hunter chooses one person to die along side him/her incase he/she is chosen by the wolves, he/she wants to try and pick a wolf. He/she also cannot choose the same person twice in a row.

Cursed Villager: Doesn’t know he/she is cursed, I am the only one who knows that. If they are chosen by the wolves they become a wolf, and play on the wolve's team. No one will know who the Cursed villager was/is until the end of the game.

*~*~*~*~*~*
Players:

1.Anguirel-villainous outlaw and poacher, one of the Gaurwaith
2.Azealia of Willowbottom- the porta potty maker(sp?)
3.Boromir88- Cafe owner
4.Cailìn- barmaid at Boro's cafe, degree in psychology
5.Celuien- the town eccentric best known for her vast collection of pet frogs.
6.Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant-riksha driver
7.Eonwe-boondock saint
8.Gil-Galad-Escape Artist / Womanizer
9.Glirdan-teacher
10.Kitanna-that crazy cat lady
11.Kuruharan-theater owner/traveling fair operator
12.Lalaith-tumbling acrobat and dancing girl at Kuruharan's fair
13.Márcolië Lamen-expert on Gadian Literature
14.The Perky Ent-experimenting food merchant(spice racks and all)
15.the phantom- town drunk
16.WaynetheGoblin- rich man, owns a big mansion

I will be the math geek.

Roles:
3 werewolves
1 ranger
1 hunter
1 seer
1 cursed
9 ordinary villagers

*~*~*~*~*~*

It is now Night 1. Wolves may PM, I need a name from the seer only. Day 1 will start with my death in 24 hours.

*sorry about the lateness, took me longer then I thought*

Please don't forget to make yourself invisible. I can still see one of you.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 09-30-2005 at 03:58 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 04:55 PM   #2
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Once upon a time, in the village of Tinseltown, the Werewolves attacked their first victim.

*~*~*~*~*~*

It was a normal day in the small town; everyone woke up and did the things they did almost every morning.

Anguirel looked over his plan to rob the Tinsel Bank that afternoon.
Azealia sat at her kitchen table trying to find a better career.
The phantom sat outside of Boromir’s café waiting for it to open, while Boro and Cailín crouched under the counter hoping that the phantom would leave.
Celuin took out a large jar of flies to feed all of her(?) many frogs.
Dancing Spawn filled up her car, complaining about how expensive gas prices had become.
Eonwe did whatever it is a boondock saint does in the morning.
Gil practiced getting his hands untied from behind his back as he ran after Lalaith, for her number. Lalaith danced away to Kuru’s fair.
Kuruharan smiled as he finally got the movie poster up he had been working on for an hour, he started to cry when he realized it was upside down.
Glirdan smiled as he finished correcting the papers he had been working on all night, he started to cry when he realized he only had two students.
Kitanna found another stray cat and tried to find room for her in her small house.
While Perky refilled his spice racks, Márcolië confused him by talking to him in the Gadian language.
Wayne took out a large abacus to count all of his money.

Once everyone had gone through their daily routine they realized someone was missing. Wilwarin wasn’t among them.

“Maybe she slept in?” Kitanna* suggested.

“I don’t think so, usually by this time she’s running around telling everyone she’s smarter then them.” Kuru* said, with a sad look as if to say she had done it to him often.

“How about we just go to her house and see where she is?” Eonwe* suggested.

Everyone agreed and the 16 townspeople walked to Wilwa’s house. Like everything Wilwa owned her house was blue. The door was open so they walked in. A quick chill ran down their spines, there was an odd atmosphere in the house.

They huddled together and started to walk towards the main living room, on the one wall there was a large mural of the constellation Cassiopeia , Wilwa’s favorite constellation. They had seen it many times so usually no one paid attention to it, but this time there was something about it they couldn’t have passed by.

On each star of the constellation a part of Wilwa had been stuck to it. Her two arms, her two legs and her torso in the middle. But where was her head? They nervously looked around the entire house, dreading what they might find, and when they got to the kitchen they finally found it. Wilwa’s head was sitting in the middle of the kitchen table, math supplies, such as compasses and rulers, stuck into it. On her forehead was a note:

5(3-2) +15-(6+4)-7 = number of werewolves
Let’s see if you guys are as smart as she was.

Everyone automatically looked at Glirdan*, who was the teacher after all.

“Uhm….well…..that’s easy…..its 0…the answer to big questions is always 0….I guess there’s nothing to worry about then.” Glirdan* stuttered looking very disgusted and embarrassed.

All the villagers sighed in relief.

“Hick…no stupid…hick…the answer is….hick…3” the phantom* said very drunkenly.

The villagers went into a panick and started running around in circles. Werewolves? What would they do? How could any of them survive with three Werewolves in their midst?

*when I use people’s names it doesn’t mean anything, I’m not hinting towards anyone’s roles

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Living:

1.Anguirel
2.Azealia of Willowbottom
3.Boromir88
4.Cailìn
5.Celuien
6.Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant
7.Eonwe
8.Gil-Galad
9.Glirdan
10.Kitanna
11.Kuruharan
12.Lalaith
13.Márcolië Lamen
14.The Perky Ent
15.the phantom
16.WaynetheGoblin

Dead:
wilwarin538(mod)- glued in pieces to a wall Night 1.

Score:
Villagers: 13
Werewolves: 3

It is now Day 1, Wolves stop PMing please. Villagers, you know what to do.

(By the way, I said I will allow a double lynching, but I won’t be happy about it and I would rather you don't edit your posts, just feel free to double post)
Old 09-17-2005, 05:17 PM   #3
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Question And so it begins...

"Alas, that Wilwarin has gone. Always helped me tally my spices. Roasted Quill with a parsley garnish, I believe, was her favorite. " The Perky Ent said, as the thought of Cassiopeia taunted his mind. The Perky Ent's mind was a tempest of emotion that morning. He knew Wilwarin almost like a sister. Perky turned to Márcolië and asked "Is there anything in Gadian concerning werewolves?" But, ignoring Márcolië's well-articulated answer, Perky's stomach got the best of him, and he ran over to Boromir's cafe for a drink
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 05:19 PM   #4
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
I also knew her like a sister maybe cause she is my sister but this has been a sad day.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:23 PM   #5
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wilwa? Dead? She once gave me a stray kitten! How horrible!
Old 09-17-2005, 05:31 PM   #6
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

What a sorrowful morning. She always made for pleasant company in the Cafe and never caused me any problems. What kind of beast must you be to cause such treachery?
Old 09-17-2005, 05:50 PM   #7
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Poor Wilwa! I shall miss discussing the joys of the impossibility of division by zero with her.

Now to set about finding the cruel beasts who did this. All I can suggest is that we all seek them out loudly and actively as we can. Silence only benefits the lupine among us by giving them a shadowy lair from which they can launch attacks on us. If we force them into the open, they're bound to make a slip.

I'd best be feeding the Ribbiters. Mr. Chubbs likes 3 crickets for dinner, and he's very cranky when I'm late.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:31 PM   #8
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

*Kuruharan enters surrounded by a crowd of adoring flunkies*

Hmmm...how sad. What will I do if I'm not being taunted for my mathematical incompetence?

There is one thing we need to remember right now...

Try to disperse the votes toDAY and carefully watch who starts accusing who. Two!!! I meant two things we need to remember right now.

Flunkie! Memo to me: Send flowers to the funeral.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:39 PM   #9
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

"Oh no- not again" mumbled the phantom, as he stumbled back towards his favorite drinking spot.

"What does he mean, 'not again'?" one villager asked another.

"I'm not completely sure, but- well, this one time, when he was a bit more drunk than usual, he told me that the last village he lived in got invaded by werebeasts. He said he fought 'em and gave a good accounting of himself, but that he eventually had to run to save his life. Said that's why he drinks so much- to forget all the friends he lost."

"Well, that's a bunch of nonsense. That guy can't even stand up straight, much less give a 'good accounting' of himself to werebeasts."

"Yeah, you're probably right. Best to never listen to a word that man says. Can't nobody tell fibs like a drunk."
Old 09-17-2005, 05:39 PM   #10
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
Question Voth ko eri Gharis?

Me ja'coberi voth. Eri gharis son tel vod. Eri ji, jey si. Ko de coderi Talpi?*

Why would anyone do this to our math geek? Something evil must be here. Alas, the evil runs amuck. I'm afraid my friends. I don't know anything about what to do. No kali la'Gadis* has something I can draw from. But we must survive.

*All translations of Aklai la'Gadis will be at the end of posts.

I don't understand this. There are wolves in our home. Its bad, not good. Does anyone know anything?

Gadian book

Last edited by Márcolië Lamen; 09-17-2005 at 05:43 PM. Reason: deleating line break
Márcolië Lamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:27 AM   #11
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Call me crazy, but I've got an inner feeling that Zali is innocent. I don't think a wolf (though they may be quiet) would be entirly silent. I think we can just stick zali off to the side, assuming there is no more talk from him. Killing him would be a waste of a day, and just wouldn't help us at all. As for Wayne...well...who knows?
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote