The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2003, 08:15 PM   #1
Iarhen
Wight

Iarhen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Stuff you expect to see in ROTK: Extended Edition

Well, I wanna see in the EE DVD:<P>1. The whole ending for Saruman<BR>2. Any shot we can have about the 3 sieges of Lorien.<BR>3. A confrontation between Gandalf the White and the Witch King of Angmar<BR>4. The Mouth of Sauron<BR>5. The breaking of the Silent Watcher's will by the light of the Phial of Galadriel.<BR>6. More Gray Havens (I think I wont ever have enough!)<BR>7. And specially, more elves (as in GALADRIEL!!!) in Arwen's wedding to King Elessar...<BR>8. Aragorn's challenge to Sauron thorough the Palantir<P><BR>You??
Old 12-15-2003, 08:51 AM   #2
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I also want to see:<P>1. The whole ending for Saruman<BR>2. Any shot we can have about the 3 sieges of Lorien.<BR>3. A confrontation between Gandalf the White and the Witch King of Angmar<BR>4. The Mouth of Sauron<BR>5. The breaking of the Silent Watcher's will by the light of the Phial of Galadriel.<BR>6. More Gray Havens (I think I wont ever have enough!)<BR>7. And specially, more elves (as in GALADRIEL!!!) in Arwen's wedding to King Elessar...<BR>8. Aragorn's challenge to Sauron thorough the Palantir<P>BUT MOST OF ALL:I want to see the scourging of the Shire(it sadly won't be in I'm told)
Old 12-15-2003, 12:03 PM   #3
Jjudvven
Wight

Jjudvven has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jjudvven
Sting

1) The Scouring of the Shire(of course it won't be there, but oh well)<BR>2) More dialog with the Witch King and Eowyn, to make it more like the book<BR>3) The Houses of Healing(unfortunately, I don't think they have this in the movie at all)
Old 12-15-2003, 03:45 PM   #4
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

The Houses of Healing will not be in the theater version but it will be on the EE DVD.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 04:19 PM   #5
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Houses of Healing, all the weddings in full, and more Denethor. I'm not too bothered about anything else. Although it would be nice to see some shots of Lorien and the three assaults, and perhaps a cameo from Thranduil at some point (with the whole uprooting to Mirkwood and the renaming).
Old 12-15-2003, 09:32 PM   #6
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I want to see Faramir and Eowyn in the houses of healing and Legolas taking Gimli on the last grey ship. The former I still hope to see, but probably not the latter.<P>-Lily
Old 12-16-2003, 11:45 AM   #7
Jjudvven
Wight

Jjudvven has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jjudvven
Sting

Oh the Houses of Healing WILL be in! That's great news! I must have missed that reading all the spoilers. I heard that it wasn't going to be in there at all. thanks Silmiel.
Old 12-16-2003, 05:15 PM   #8
Tar-Alcarin
Wight

Tar-Alcarin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wait a minute, MOuth of Sauron isnt in? THAT SUCKS BIG HAIRY B@#LS. WHy isnt it in, I was waiting to hear "I have a token I was bidding to show thee" That sucks. pardon my black speach.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:45 PM   #9
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Calm down, Tar-Alcarin. If you want to curse, use genuine Black Speech. You can get away with that a bit more. <P><BR>I really want to see the Houses of Healing scenes between Eowyn and Faramir and Legolas sailing with Gimli to Aman.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 07:13 AM   #10
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I want to see pretty much ALL of the above on the EE plus:<P>1/ Frodo and Sam showing empathy towards Gollum (ie letting him go) just before the Cracks of Doom<P>2/ Merry pledging his alleigance to Theoden and sitting talking about the shire. this could lead to a 'you are like a father to me', but then this has been changed I suppose by Theoden's death speech going to Eoywn and not Merry<P>3/ The Epilouge (ie the ending of the tale of years from the appendix)<P>4/ Gandalf regarding Merry 'he should have been borne into the city in great honour' and Merry stating 'Are you going to bury me?'<P>5/ Eomer finding Eoywn's 'body' and then charging off on a killing spree with his immortal lines.<P>6/ More time on the hobbits coming back to the Shire.<P>7/ In fact more time from the Ring being destroyed onwards. This was too rushed.<P>8/ Gandalf showing the third elven ring, and Celeborn being brushed out! They are not showing Galadriel's burden of leaving Middle Earth without her husband.<P>9/ Frodo sick in bed during his '4' years back in the Shire, from Sword, Sting and Bite.<P>10/ Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli figthing the Corsairs.<P>11/ Theoden's funeral<P>12/ Goodbyes from the fellowship, especially Gimli's line of them not being all together ever again<P>13/ seeing Aragorn find the sapling of the one tree. (although what we'll probably see is the dead tree come alive again. you can just see it in blooming in the background during Aragorn's coronation scene)<P>14/ the main ones I want to see is Gandalf's confrontation with the Witch king, and hopefully (as this totally changes the end of the film), Sam putting on the Ring. I know, I know - This won't happen, as I thought a couple of years back when I saw the emphasis Jackson put on the power of Sauron's sight when Frodo put on the ring. Ah well, Sam now won't follow Frodo into the West now.........<P>15/ (Edited in) Whoops. I forgot to add in one of my favourite scenes. The Crossroads!! How could I have forgot that?<p>[ 8:41 AM December 18, 2003: Message edited by: Essex ]
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 03:47 PM   #11
Fíriel of Ao Tea Roa
Pile O'Bones

Fíriel of Ao Tea Roa has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Well, I wrote some of my hopes for the extended version in the "RotK - first impressions"-thread. As for outlining those hopes in some more detail - Essex did a great compilation! <P>I hope we both are going to see that version.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:28 PM   #12
Olorin_TLA
Shade of Carn Dûm

Olorin_TLA has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

In addition <P>1/ The Choices of Master Samwise<P>2/ The Twoer of Cirith Ungol - more of it<P>3/ More Mordor, seemed rushed, like Cirith Ungol's Tower<P>4/ Breathing space between the 2 battles

ELENDIL! - Join "Forth Tolkiengas!"
Olorin_TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 05:47 PM   #13
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Stuff I'd like to see that hasn't been mentioned yet:<P>~Lots of bits you see in the trailer, such as Merry saying to Pippin "We shall see the Shire again." Also, that part where Éomer is holding someone and sobbing. Lots of little stuff like that.<BR>~Eldarion when he's older, not just that vision of Arwen's.<BR>~Aragorn's death<BR>~Frodo forseeing all Sam's children<BR>~Everyone thinking that Éowyn was dead and then Aragorn realizing that she wasn't<P>I'll post more when I think of them.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:53 PM   #14
Fíriel of Ao Tea Roa
Pile O'Bones

Fíriel of Ao Tea Roa has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

How could I forget? One other scene wasn´t mentioned yet: when Aragorn rides before the Black Gate and a negotiator brings out Sam´s and Frodo´s belonging, making them believe the two Hobbits were taken prisoner. Now, that would be another highly emotional scene!
Old 12-18-2003, 06:58 PM   #15
Olorin_TLA
Shade of Carn Dûm

Olorin_TLA has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nobody had mentioned the Mouth of Sauron? Well, he MUST be in! <P>"Praise them with great praise!" Hopefully with the "Long live the Halflings" song! *cry!!!*<P>Éomer finding Éowyn.<P>Something else I just forgot.

ELENDIL! - Join "Forth Tolkiengas!"
Olorin_TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 06:41 AM   #16
TheBladeThatWasBroken
Animated Skeleton

TheBladeThatWasBroken has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheBladeThatWasBroken
Sting

there's a lot of scenes that were put in the preview/games/interviews that were cut out from the final movie, i wanna see<P>1. Saruman<BR>2. Gandalf confronting the Witch King (It was in the game)<BR>3. A bit more after the battle at Gondor (House of Healing, Aragorn comforting Eowyn, etc.)<P>Yeah... all the things that I want to see has already been mentioned
Here I set it, but I command you not to touch it, nor to permit any other to lay hand on it. In this elvish sheath dwells the Blade that was Broken and has been made again. Telchar first wrought it in the deeps of time. Death shall come to any man that draws Elendil's sword save Elendil's heir.
TheBladeThatWasBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 08:08 PM   #17
balrogman
Wight

balrogman has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

most of all i wanna see the mouth of sauron and more of the corsiars!
Old 12-19-2003, 09:49 PM   #18
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Some more things I've thought of:<P>1. An explanation of why Denethor went nuts. I realized that it was never explained about him and the Palantir.<BR>2. Also, when Arwen supposedly goes to Lothlorien. Pictures of that have been out for a long time, so I figure that'll be explained.<P>All in all, I can't wait!
Old 12-20-2003, 08:03 AM   #19
BlingBlingtheWarriorElf
Newly Deceased

BlingBlingtheWarriorElf has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

For the extended version it would be great to see:<P>1. The Houses of Healing<BR>2. Prince Imrahil<BR>3. Gandalf and Witch king<BR>4. Denethor and Palantir<BR>5. Scouring of the Shire!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2003, 05:54 PM   #20
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<B>Stuff Wot Should Be in EE</B><P>Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens saying they are very, very sorry for the script! <P>Just kidding, I stole that joke from <I>The Simpsons</I>. Not a bad idea, though!
Old 12-21-2003, 05:57 PM   #21
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

... how about the 40 minutes or so of footage missing in the lead up to Mount Doom and the Black Gate?!?! <P>More Barad-Dûr, less eyeball. Flaming Nazgûl!!<P>And most importantly of all... <B>the Scooby-Doo ending</B> where Sauron turns out to be a guy in a mask, trying to keep them all away from millions of dollars in treasure by pretending that Mordor is a haunted burial ground.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:32 PM   #22
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

The ones I really, really want to see are the Houses of Healing (ties up the Faramir/Eowyn loose end) the Palantir (oh, so THAT'S why...) Saruman (OK, he's dead. No surprise appearances later) and Frodo leaving Bag End to Sam at the Grey Havens (come on, it's just a sentence!). The movie will leave too many questions open if they don't include that. There's a lot of other stuff which would be good to see - I wouldn't mind seeing Frodo suffer a *little* more once back in the Shire, so that we can really see what's pushing him to go to the Undying Lands. And the Mouth of Sauron throwing down the mail-shirt, so that the "For Frodo" cry has a bit more resonance. And some other stuff. But that's enough to start on. <P>Doug*platypus: You're forgetting the part during the Voice of Saruman where Saruman points to Merry and Pippin - "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for those meddling halflings!" <p>[ 8:33 PM December 21, 2003: Message edited by: Kalimac ]
Old 12-29-2003, 09:42 PM   #23
Scott
Wight

Scott has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Scott
Tolkien

In response to the "Mouth of Sauron" pleas (which I too am dying to see, especially after he was in the video game) I noticed something during my third viewing today. If you keep an eye on Anduril throughout the Black Gate scenes, you'll notice that it magically gets some blood and guts on it before Aragorn cries "For Frodo!". I think this pretty much ensures the royal beat down of the Mouth of Sauron in the EE.<P>I'd also like to see an explanation of the three rings of power at the end, where Gandalf is exposed as having the third elven ring, and not Cirdan. At least having an introduction of Cirdan would be cool too, though probably unlikely. I had heard that there's supposed to be a pretty lengthy fight scene between Corsair PJ and Aragorn. That would be pretty nice as well.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:09 PM   #24
Lord Melkor
Haunting Spirit

Lord Melkor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yeah, the Mouth of Sauron was pretty cool in the videogame, especially considering the fact that most of his lines were taken directly from the book. It felt really good kicking the cr*p out of him with Aragorn.
'I am the Elder king: Melkor, first and mightiest of all the Valar, who was before the world, and made it. The shadow of my purpose lies upon Arda, and all that is in it bends slowly and surely to my will.'
Lord Melkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:11 PM   #25
balrogman
Wight

balrogman has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i forgot one, i would at least like them to introduce cirdan at the end(yes he is there, some people say he isnt...well what do they know?)
Old 12-29-2003, 10:46 PM   #26
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The part I would most like to see is Sam and Frodo at the Crossroads. I know it is not extremely important to the story, but it is one of my absolute most favorite parts of the book and I would love to see it come alive on screen <P>I also would just like to see more detail, and yes I would also like to see the members of the fellowship saying goodbye to eachother, and just an extended ending part because I just thought that it was much too quick (even though every non-book person that I know thought it was way too long).
Old 12-30-2003, 12:19 AM   #27
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I know the crossroads scene was filmed so it seems a good candidate. In fact, you may have noticed that in each extended edition the title shot (when the title of the movie appears) is different then in the theatrical edition. I think the crossroads would work really well as the title shot. It could come right after the scene with Gollum waking Frodo and Sam. Imagine the camera pulling back with Sam and Frodo looking at the headless statue with the title Return of the King on top.<P>H.C.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:26 AM   #28
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

Well I want to see more 'Paths of the Dead'. I really liked that part for some reason. Had a lot of great special affects.<P>And I want to see more fighting and definatly 'Houses of Healing'!
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:55 AM   #29
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would like to see all of the above, excluding the Scooby-Doo versions, plus Sam mentioning something about Merry and Pippin's height. They have the reason from the TT EE and it's only a little sentence, how could they miss is out?