Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2005, 03:24 PM   #121
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Kransha/Saurreg - I wanted to pop another post on here before your final post about the battle. Now, my post is simply one tying up loose ends about what has happened in the mind of my character during the events of several posts, but it isn't 'new' action and will not affect what you would be writing in any way, so I have posted. Now, if I have been at all presumptious in that then do let me know as soon as possible and I'll be more than happy for it to be moved.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:44 PM   #122
Osse
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: The Encircling Sea, deciding which ship to ruin next...could be yours.
Osse has just left Hobbiton.
:( So sorry!

I have been away for the last week, and left kind of suddenly - in my haste I forgot to mention that I would be absent... I can only apologize for not informing you all and feel bad that it was at such a crucial point in the game - I've missed so much.

I will be working on posts to fill the gaps I have unfortunately created!

Regards and apologies,

Ossë
Old 01-21-2005, 10:27 PM   #123
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! Emissaries re:

Bethiril has been in Fornost for a month. She's just there to arrange the military alliance between Arnor and Rivendell (with aid from Mirkwood and Lórien, perhaps.)

Mithalwen, do you think Kransha will let us attempt to formally protest the king's decision?

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 01-22-2005 at 12:26 AM. Reason: word waffling
Old 01-22-2005, 09:27 AM   #124
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
I am sorry for my lack of posting this week. College has bound me up, yet again, in essays. Hopefully, I will whip up a post sometime this weekend.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy reading all of your posts, and I am happy to be a part of this great game.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:58 PM   #125
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hi! I see the RPG is beginning to collect SAVEs - so I'm bringing this forward from Page 1:

Please note:

1.) SAVES do need to contain a short explanation of what you intend to put in your post, so that other gamers can post around you.

2.) SAVES will be removed from the game after 48 hours. After that, you can post to the Discussion thread and asked for your post to be moved where it fits in.

3.) Please don't put 'reasons for editing' on the game posts. If others need to know the reason you edited - then put the reason on the Discussion Thread.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 01-23-2005, 05:01 PM   #126
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Speaking of saves, I must apologize for the fact that I have not filled mine. Certain RL complications have made it impossible to post before tomorrow morning EST. So far, everyone (but me) is doing well. Great job, everyone!

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 01-24-2005, 12:17 AM   #127
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! My save has been filled.

Sorry, pio. It won't happen again.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:37 AM   #128
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
If you don't mind, I've done a post that links into Saurreg's - leaving him a 'hook' for his his post where the Rear Guard protects the citizens and Elves as they exit from the city.

If it's not suitable, just tell me and I'll remove it.

Or I can move it if there are others who want to post before Saurreg places his post on the game.

-- Arry

Last edited by Arry; 01-24-2005 at 02:56 AM.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:02 AM   #129
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
I have posted in the RPG thread already.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:04 PM   #130
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Alright, I have not yet had the time to ruminate on the game so far, but, I tend to get very boring when I ruminate, so I won't do so right now. I will, however, extend congrats to everyone for getting this far, as I realize this game is a bit fast-paced and, at times, will become confusing. Posts have been prompt and long and juicy, all good things, and characters are already developing well. Kudos to all!

I have gotten us to the North Downs. I hope this does not infringe upon posts that were going to be made, but, if any of you had a post worked up or in the works that should take place before arrival at the North Downs, I'll willingly move my post (unless pio wants to insert said post before mine, but I do not wish to impose). The King has said a few choice words to the people, and I definately expect some reaction posts. If anyone has questions about the circumstances, do not hesitate to ask.

I am extending the time that I had planned for us as a group to be in the North Downs to Sunday rather than Friday, as it was before. The Witch-King's hordes, despite obstacles, are on the way, and there will be a necessary seige before the refugees escape from the Downs. Appeals can still be made to the nobility about going to an Elven refuge, and so forth. Reuniting with family might be a priority, and exposition of what is going on, or simple recognition thereof.

Good luck with posts, all. You've done well so far (in my most humble opinion, at least). Once we clear the Downs, we're headed for the real adventure.

Old 01-25-2005, 08:11 PM   #131
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Question Lookin' good!

Just a quick question that occurred to me when I thought about reactions to the speech:

Does anyone know that the Dwarf mines are abandoned? Although the King didn't say that there were Dwarves there, he did say that food and supplies would be. Just hearing that, someone would assume there are Dwarves, too. Was the King deliberately disingenuous? If anyone knows that there are no Dwarves, who would that be?

I'm asking especially for Lissi, of course. She's not "in the know" intelligence-wise. However, she's certainly well-read; even if something's not common knowledge, she's more likely to know it than the ordinary citizens.

Thanks!
Nuranar
Old 01-26-2005, 12:49 AM   #132
Osse
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: The Encircling Sea, deciding which ship to ruin next...could be yours.
Osse has just left Hobbiton.
I've posted.

I also have deleted my SAVE as I worked around the King's address - felt it opened up for more diverse relationships with the PC's if Carthor had to piece together the day Fornost fell. Wanted to leave it short so that you could come up with a follow up post for Lissi, Nuranar - tried to give you time so it could go in your next one, the king's address - maybe when Carthor is still unconcious?

Looking good everyone, sorry I went awol.

Osse
Old 01-27-2005, 04:26 PM   #133
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Have Arvedui's sons already escaped to the Grey Havens? If not, this might be a good time for them to do so.
Just some ideas, take them for what they're worth (not much)
but perhaps after the Emissarys are rebuffed with Arvedui, they might go to his sons to plead their case. I don't believe it says anywhere in Tolkien's writings why the princes of the north abandoned the king. It would be a fairly large bifurcation of the story, and I don't know if you want to do it, but perhaps some of us dissatisfied Elves and Men ought to head south with the princes, and get on the ship Cirdan will provide.
Again, feel free to slap me down if I'm out of place.

On another note, I deleted my save 'cause I want that post to go after Arvedui's reaction instead of before.
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Old 01-27-2005, 05:26 PM   #134
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Osse, it's good to know you're still with us. Before I write my follow-up, I'd really like to know (1) what injuries Carthor has; (2) how he was rescued from the wreckage and who did the rescuing; and (3) how he was conveyed to the refuge. This may be/will be very important for framing Lissi's reaction.

Kransha, I see you've moved your save, but I'm still wondering about what I asked earlier:

Quote:
Does anyone know that the Dwarf mines are abandoned? Although the King didn't say that there were Dwarves there, he did say that food and supplies would be. Just hearing that, someone would assume there are Dwarves, too. Was the King deliberately disingenuous? If anyone knows that there are no Dwarves, who would that be?
I'd really like to know your direction on this, because it also will be key for my Lissi-post.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:32 PM   #135
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Nuranar, your question is up to you to answer. I guess that most would assume the Erede Luin were abandoned, but anyone might assume they were still there. Whether they are or are not fully abandoned is unknown, but Arnorians know that most of the Dwarves of the Blue Mountains migrated to Moria (in the Second Age, I believe, or early Third [will have to check that]). So most would assume it was abandoned rather than vice versa.

Garen, I think I will have to 'slap you down' as you put it (though not in any physical regard). Having the Elves go south would divert the entire storyline. Anyway, I was under the impression that the Princes have already departed, before the end of the seige of Fornost, with word of their father's likely destination. The Elves are free to sue for their ideas, but they will be overruled. This is an ideal device for character tension, even if it does not serve to move or over-develope the plot. Also, going south is not in the best interests of the escapees, since the Witch-King is already enchroaching around the North Downs and the southern area between the North Downs and Elven lands are swarming with orcs and foul things. Technically, going to the Blue Mountains is a bad idea, but it is not meaningless. The Rearguard is to weak to face even a small orc party at this point (100 men remain only).

Old 01-27-2005, 08:45 PM   #136
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Just so Nilpaurion, Garen, and Mithalwen know, my save regarding the Elves' advice has been filled. I will post for Hirvegil tomorrow.

Old 01-27-2005, 08:54 PM   #137
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

1420! Good post, Kransha.

I shall fill in my save later in the day (Philippine Standard Time, +1300 EST).

EDIT: Or perhaps tomorrow morning (PST).

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 01-27-2005 at 09:41 PM. Reason: see above
Old 01-28-2005, 01:26 PM   #138
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

A reminder:

Please remove all signatures from the RPG thread --including SAVES
Old 01-29-2005, 06:28 AM   #139
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Ok, everyone's doing very well so far, and I would like to issue due applause, but it is nearing the time, once again, to move on. I will post for Hirvegil tomorrow evenining (I am going away this evening and shall not return until then), and then, will put up a moving post that moves ahead the timeline 4 Days, summarizes what's happened in that time, and gets us moving out of the North Downs. From then on, we will have much more time to spend in each place. I apologize for the fact that my save cannot be filled in an appropriate amount of time, but it will be filled. Good luck everyone, see you in 48 hours.

Old 01-29-2005, 09:40 AM   #140
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, I was hoping for Belegron to meet Carthor - the living legend of recent Arthedain military history. That can wait.

Really? Only 100 men left in the Rearguard? Sheesh...
Old 01-29-2005, 03:51 PM   #141
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Please note - players can still post if they wish about what is happening at present in the RPG. Kransha can always move his SAVE forward at a later date.

~*~ Pio
Old 01-30-2005, 04:42 PM   #142
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Well, I'm back, and a little surprised by the lack of posts. I think it's my fault, though. The Save I put up is not a "Moving Post" it's just a save for Hirvegil's reactions, I will put up the post that gets us out of the North Downs tonight or tomorrow. So everyone should definately post any remaining thoughts on the period in the North Downs soon. I realize that I should have clarified that my save was not important (I thought I did, but I was obviously not so clear). I'll fill the save with Hirvegil's reactions to the situation in a few hours.

Quote:
Well, I was hoping for Belegron to meet Carthor - the living legend of recent Arthedain military history. That can wait.

Really? Only 100 men left in the Rearguard? Sheesh...
Saurreg, if you wish to pursue this course of action you will not have to wait long. I suppose now it is too late, since the timeline will be moving tomorrow, but there will be lots of chances to talk during the exit from the North Downs.

And, about the Rearguard, I realize how slim that number is, but the story doesn't work as well if the Dunedain have 500+ soldiers. Plot devices are hard to come by.

Last edited by Kransha; 01-30-2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:56 PM   #143
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry for the delay - it's been an usually heavy homework week. I'm writing my post right now. If you beat me to it, I'll post it here and someone - probably Osse, can edit it into his post.

Point of information: If there's only about 100 fighting men left, how many civilians are there? And how many of these are councillors/courtiers/something to do with government?
Old 01-30-2005, 05:09 PM   #144
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuranar
Point of information: If there's only about 100 fighting men left, how many civilians are there? And how many of these are councillors/courtiers/something to do with government?
There are more civilians than soldiers, but not much. The exact number is up to you or anyone else who cares to throw a number about, as long as its not too many (remember, a lot of the poorer civilians lived in the outermost sanctum of Fornost, which was completely destroyed, and many in the second level were slain. All courtiers and ministers save a few survived, though. There are probably 50 people who have ties to the King (courtiers, etc), but that's not definitive.

Old 01-30-2005, 06:32 PM   #145
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots Mine's up.

And thanks for the answers, Kransha. So, there's around 100 military types, around 50 king-civilians, and, say, 75 plain civilians? I can work with that.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:05 AM   #146
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Kransha, are there enough able-bodied men in the 75 to fill up some of the ranks in the military? I'm thinking of having my character carry out selective drafting just to bring the company to strength. Also, I think it would be a good idea to convert the remnants of the rearguard from heavy infantry into a mounted heavy dragoon outfit - the prototype precursors to the Dúnedain Rangers. What say you?
Old 01-31-2005, 02:59 PM   #147
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurreg
Kransha, are there enough able-bodied men in the 75 to fill up some of the ranks in the military? I'm thinking of having my character carry out selective drafting just to bring the company to strength. Also, I think it would be a good idea to convert the remnants of the rearguard from heavy infantry into a mounted heavy dragoon outfit - the prototype precursors to the Dúnedain Rangers. What say you?
This is certainly a good idea. Do you think you can post about it in the next few hours, since I will definately be moving us out tonight, and yanking the timeline ahead 4 days? If so, please do not hesitate to do so.

Old 01-31-2005, 07:50 PM   #148
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

I have filled in my SAVE, and interestingly enough...it seems that all of the elves will be sharing quarters for the next few days. Feel free to add Ereglin in with the osanwë. He will certainly be glad to search for aid.

~Alak
Old 01-31-2005, 09:21 PM   #149
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

The timeline has been moved forward. This does not mean that pre-movement saves cannot be filled AND (importantly) anyone who has a post that predates mine chronologically, I can arrange [I hope] for it to be placed in the appropriate place before mine. Saurreg, this can apply to you if that is how you want to date the post you mentioned earlier.

CoD, I have sort of set you up, if you don't mind. Read my post thoroughly (well, everyone should, because it's got a lot of important little tidbits) and you will see reference to an unfilled position, that of a representative of the King (a minister) in the party of Hirvegil. This has to be Mitharan, but his reasons for volunteering are totally up to you.

I suggest everyone get some initial conversation done fast, or at least begun. We are moving towards the river Baranduin (AKA Brandywine) and then to Annuminas. Refer to any maps for locations and distances. I will not move the timeline ahead for a bit, since all movement will take place in real time. Until a week from now, we have no deadline to hit so, post away. Since the party is actually relatively small (less than 100 people), characters can communicate with others never met before. Later on, though, most of the played characters will be explicably forced to meet...

Old 01-31-2005, 09:38 PM   #150
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

They're using the women and child as a decoy?! And everyone knows this?!

Aman, Novnarwen, Osse, Lalwendë: Anyone want to post something nice and emotional? I think some "righteous anger" might fit the bill quite nicely at this point.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:02 AM   #151
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

1420! Re: Osanwë

Mithalwen, I have space in my post for the actual transmission . . . errr . . . counsel thingy.

Since I have no idea what to actually talk about in the aforementioned counsel, perhaps it would be better if you did the scene. You could place your post here, and pio--if she will consent--, or I, could place it on the game thread.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:41 AM   #152
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

If anyone wants a post placed - tell me the number of the post in which you want it placed and whether it is to go before or after the post already there on the game.

~*~ Pio
Old 02-01-2005, 09:48 AM   #153
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

piosenniel, can you place this post in the RPG thread, any slot before the final council? thanks.

POST PLACED ----- PIO
==================

Belegorn was pleased that the address went well. Hírvegil was a natural born leader of men and like all who partook in this gift of genius, he had an irresistible charisma that few could deny. His inspirational speech, delivered by that crystal clear animated voice aroused the fiery spirit of his people within the hearts of the soldiers and filled them with newfound hope and courage. The first lieutenant found it especially gratifying to see that as his men filed out of the barracks, their grey eyes were sparkling and the corners of their mouths curled upwards. Belegorn had little doubt that if their beloved captain was to order them to head back to Fornost and retake the great city right at that moment; they would do so without the slightest hesitation.

Belegorn turned to his captain to congratulate him but was taken aback when he saw the eyes his intent. The very eyes which captivated his audience and held them spell bound during the speech were now dull and lifeless – devoid of the wild fire that spun its hypnotic dance in them a few moments ago. Those grey eyes were still beautiful and clear, but they were heavy, spiritless. It was as if a totally dissimilar Hírvegil was sharing the room with Belegorn; the inspirational captain whom men would gladly lay down their lives down for had disappeared amidst the ranks of exiting soldiers and replaced by the same man whom he accosted in the main hall. For a moment Belegorn felt incredibly depressed and an irrational urge arose to seize the man before him by the shoulders and shake violently just for a glimpse of that hope again. Hirvegil noticed that his lieutenant was staring at him intently,

“Lieutenant, you should get some rest too. You must be tired after your ordeal in the north passage,”

“Sir…” Belegorn begun, but the rest of the words died in his mouth and never came forth. He eluded the still penetrating glance of Hírvegil and stared at the aged stone paved floor like a child who had discovered a secret those around were trying to hide from him. A spider darted across the floor from a cot and disappeared beneath the cracks of a stone curved wall.

Hírvegil narrowed his eyes and spoke, this time a bit more sternly,

“You may speak your mind lieutenant, if there is something you wish to say,”

“Belegorn cleared throat mildly and started a new,

“Beg your pardon sir. I was going ask you if I could have your permission to round up some of the civilians as fillers for the ranks. Some of the men are too seriously wounded for duty and all are too tired. Replacements are needed sir.”

“Very good Belegron,” replied Hírvegil addressing his subordinate by his name, “you have my permission to carry out your drafting. And don’t confine your search to the commoners alone, you may also include the youths of higher society in this exercise. They too must play a part in this nation’s defense, no?”

Hírvegil gave Belegron a wane smile as he concluded. The latter knew that his captain understood his distain for the aristocracy and nobility and must have added the last punt in jest just to lighten the air, but the younger man did not reciprocate. Squaring his shoulders, Belegorn continued in sonorous voice,

“And also, I am in the opinion sir, that the role of the rearguard must change. We are too scant in numbers and capacity to operate under current doctrine. If you would permit sir, I would like to have every single guardsman mounted on chargers and thus fighting as mounted light infantry. Every one of the one hundred is a trained rider – a basic prerequisite for entry into the Rearguard, so there shouldn’t be much problems sir. As for the replacements, we’ll try to pick out accomplished riders and at least those with some experiences handling the noble beasts. At worst, there’s nothing a good crash course in mounted warfare couldn’t solve.”

Hírvegil nodded and replied,

“I am also for this idea. Very well, you may carry out this reorganization of the rearguard lieutenant. Except I feel that a hundred mounted infantrymen would be hard pressed by the enemy in a standard engagement, with or without the crash course. I’m thinking on the lines of reconnoitering and scouting. At this point of time, I will have to pay a higher premium on battles avoided over battles won.”

Belegorn nodded curtly. Taking a step backwards from Hírvegil, he snapped into a smart salute, turned and strode towards the exit into the main halls hoping to find a senior sergeant or two.

As the first lieutenant passed the rows of green painted oak wood cots, he debated whether to stop and speak his mind to Hírvegil but decided against it. After all, a vexing comment would do no good in such times…

Hírvegil son of Sildathar, you give hope to others. Why do you not keep any to yourself?

=======================

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-01-2005 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:06 AM   #154
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Okey dokey, I will get a post up as soon as possible. I am sorry for my utter lack of posting at the moment. I will be attempting to start/finish my post tonight. Hopefully I can get one done before tomorrow. If not, I'll be putting my post up on Thursday.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:37 AM   #155
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Apologies for my absence, I've been quite ill for the last couple of days and am getting sorted now. I will make a post as soon as I can
Old 02-01-2005, 12:04 PM   #156
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Saurreg

Your post is placed ---- see post #53

-----------------------------------------------

Everyone

If you want a post placed, please go back and look at the RPG thread and tell me the # of the post space you want it put in AND whether you want it put before or after the post already in the space.

~*~ Pio
Old 02-01-2005, 01:36 PM   #157
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Post for Erenor (after Berethil's post #52)

POST PLACED ~*~ PIO

-------

Erenor looked up and a glimmer of a smile passed briefly over her face as she saw the emissary from the Havens. Although he was younger than she - he had been less than a couple of centuries out of childhood when she had removed to Imladris after Gil-galad was lost - she knew him to have risen to high office through great determination. Furthermore his experience of the court far exceeded that of Berethil or herself who were relative newcomers, sent as the severity of the situation had increased. Finally - and Erenor hated to think that this was a factor - there was the possibility that by virtue of his gender, Ereglin's view would be taken more seriously than those of the Noldorin ladies despite their seniority in years and perhaps also in power. It rankled still how the old courtier had spoken to her as if she were a wilful and ignorant child. Ereglin with his strong resolve and the authority of his long ambassadorship would be a powerful ally.

Erenor spoke, and when she did so her voice was dulcet enough to meet even the most demanding standards of diplomacy.

"My lord Ereglin, your arrival is as the answer to a prayer for I wish greatly to have you counsel and if you will it your aid" . She relayed the facts of their attempt to speak with the king in measured terms. "Every instinct tells me that the king's choice leads to doom - I would attempt to persuade him but I fear I will be denied access - I will attempt to reach the minds of our Lords in Rivendell - perhaps if you will you might try likewise to gain counsel from the havens. the distance is great but our need may aid the transmission if there are those whose minds are open to our thought. "

Erenor fell silent and sought with her mind for contact. Knowing that the sharing of thoughts was easier with kindred and close friends she focused her will on her kinsamn, a councillor of Elrond. She closed her mind to outside influences but it seemed that a great fog lay between the downs and her home sapping her power. She sighed...... " We cannot give up " she said.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-01-2005 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:17 PM   #158
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Well, I must say I'm very glad for this sudden burst of posts. Thanks, of course, are due to pio for her familiar acumen.

As of now, we have 9 days (roughly) to get to the Hills of Evendim (Real Time, that is). Good job everyone - this is really shaping up, and we haven't even hit the first real plot point yet; as I see it, the time spent in the Downs and Fornost was all an introduction, a lengthened prologue. Now we're really in the story.

Old 02-01-2005, 09:22 PM   #159
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
I'd appreciate it if us Elves could have a little "time" to work out which party we're planning to be in. I just posted on the subject (which may, at our fearless leader's discretion, need to be moved up a few posts) but...
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Old 02-01-2005, 09:35 PM   #160
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Woops, I have apparently made a mistake (sorry, Garen). The Elves already have their party chosen, they're in the second (wouldn't make much sense if they were in the first, since the first contains no other played characters and will not be participating in any of the harrowing adventures of the second). My post - the mover - was supposed to state the reason, but I forgot that. I will edit it in the morning to add that. Must've completely slipped my mind.

I realize that there are, seemingly, a lot of restrictions, but I think that having the characters all seperate does not bode well. There will be numerous points in the game where the characters split up, or are seperated by some distance, but this is not one. A trip with the King would prove an extraordinarily tedious one.