The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2017, 12:57 AM   #601
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
, the target's failure to die would convey that anyway.

Was the site down for anyone else?
Well it could be a Ranger save. But I'm pretty sure the rules say EW gets told about any attempt on the GW.
Yes the site was down for me. Hence anxious post on the FB page.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:58 AM   #602
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
This gets stranger and stranger. And scarier. What are all these noises meant to mean?

Well, it looks like Nogs was innocent after all, so I'm glad we didn't lynch him.
I've been thinking about what the Dead are trying to tell us (apart from the rather depressing fact that Lottie was innocent, as well). They seem to like the votes for Eonwe and Legate.
Also, if we are all still here - are we innocents still in a small majority? (5 versus 3, in that case?)
Or can the game not end until there is a Duel?
There clearly are not as many baddies as there could have been (which would be half by now, so the game would have ended). Which means that either we lynched some (which would have to be Boro), or they didn't make a Wolf every Night (or some combination of both).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
They must have thought he was a gifted/ the GW. It certainly isn't a no-trace kill, and it doesn't make sense as a frame.
It certainly isn't a kill of a "quiet player", that's for sure. He also talked basically about everyone. Although since you are saying it wouldn't make sense as a frame - that actually got me thinking why would you specifically say that, because I would not first even see people his death would point at, since he talked about everyone, let alone that it could somehow be a bluff to frame someone. But he got votes from you and Eönwë (and he could have gotten more votes, like I was all the time considering him, and I am pretty sure I wasn't the only one). But since you are so eager to downplay any connections, could Wolf-Nerwen or EW-Nerwen be so desperate (for whichever reason) to kill Nog to try to lynch him and then kill him when it didn't work out? But the reason is the problem there - it's the same problem as the idea that he was killed because they thought him to be a Gifted or a GW - it's all fine, but I don't think he behaved in any way "specially". Unless he voiced his opinion on somebody specific and it was spot on - but he was voicing his opinion on everything.

Quote:
I wondered if they killed him as a scry - they might have wondered if he was the GW.
The wolves have, I suppose, two goes at a GW scry each Night - if they try to turn or kill the GW they get told they've found him/her, right?
It would make sense that way, too. Speaking of that, I would have expected a Wizard Duel by now. So maybe if the Wizards are sort of trying to maximise the amount of people they scry, since they somehow didn't manage to learn each other's identities yet?

But anyway, for me it is like back to the drawing board and I might try to look at the village freshly, because we can be like anywhere.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:55 AM   #603
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
There clearly are not as many baddies as there could have been (which would be half by now, so the game would have ended). Which means that either we lynched some (which would have to be Boro), or they didn't make a Wolf every Night (or some combination of both).
Eomer speculated yesterDay that the Night Four wolf-kill had been blocked by a Ranger-save and that the "buzzing" signalled the transformation of Mith into a Visitor. Seems we can rule that out- but then what did happen? A normal Wolf-kill + the EW's scrying/conversion being blocked? And what about Night Two and last Night? It must mean something that the "buzzing" only occurs on some Nights and not others. Note that it did not occur on the Night One, on which we know (or at least can assume) a wolf was created- so it doesn't mean that. Does it mean scrying? Does it indicate "streams crossing", so to speak- one power cancelling another out? Note also that the narrations on two of those nights seems to indicate something being thwarted. I'm harping on this because it may give us some clue *when* wolf-conversions occurred.

Quote:
It certainly isn't a kill of a "quiet player", that's for sure. He also talked basically about everyone. Although since you are saying it wouldn't make sense as a frame - that actually got me thinking why would you specifically say that, because I would not first even see people his death would point at, since he talked about everyone, let alone that it could somehow be a bluff to frame someone. But he got votes from you and Eönwë (and he could have gotten more votes, like I was all the time considering him, and I am pretty sure I wasn't the only one). But since you are so eager to downplay any connections, could Wolf-Nerwen or EW-Nerwen be so desperate (for whichever reason) to kill Nog to try to lynch him and then kill him when it didn't work out? But the reason is the problem there - it's the same problem as the idea that he was killed because they thought him to be a Gifted or a GW - it's all fine, but I don't think he behaved in any way "specially". Unless he voiced his opinion on somebody specific and it was spot on - but he was voicing his opinion on everything.
My thought is that his "maybe evil" behaviour looked "maybe gifted/wizardy" to the wolves, who after all had the benefit of knowing what he *wasn't*.

And no, I'm not "eager to downplay" the possibility that I killed him, since from my point of view it isn't a possibility. Who do you think I am, Volo?
Old 07-19-2017, 05:10 AM   #604
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Eomer speculated yesterDay that the Night Four wolf-kill had been blocked by a Ranger-save and that the "buzzing" signalled the transformation of Mith into a Visitor. Seems we can rule that out- but then what did happen? A normal Wolf-kill + the EW's scrying/conversion being blocked? And what about Night Two and last Night? It must mean something that the "buzzing" only occurs on some Nights and not others. Note that it did not occur on the Night One, on which we know (or at least can assume) a wolf was created- so it doesn't mean that. Does it mean scrying? Does it indicate "streams crossing", so to speak- one power cancelling another out? Note also that the narrations on two of those nights seems to indicate something being thwarted. I'm harping on this because it may give us some clue *when* wolf-conversions occurred.
Yes, that's actually a good point. There is also the sentence about "many powers swirling around" in the second Night, which makes it seem like there were more things than usual, or something more dramatic happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
My thought is that his "maybe evil" behaviour looked "maybe gifted/wizardy" to the wolves, who after all had the benefit of knowing what he *wasn't*.
Well that could be the case, but it seems still fairly random to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
And no, I'm not "eager to downplay" the possibility that I killed him, since from my point of view it isn't a possibility. Who do you think I am, Volo?
Well you would obviously know who you are, but it was that you dismissed it so noncommitally that struck me. Besides, it could have pointed at you as much as at Eönwë for the same reason (Nog also voted him and he had voiced some suspicion of Eönwë earlier), and you did not seem to consider that.

That all being said, considering how many of us are left, we obviously have baddies among people who have managed not to draw suspicion from the very beginning, and I am going to take a closer look at people I haven't found suspicious so far. The worst thing about this game is that we don't know about any roles of Wolves, which could offer some pointers as to who might be packmates with whom. Without that, it's really difficult to find Wolves who manage to remain looking innocent and don't do anything that would have clearly evil intent.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 07-19-2017, 05:30 AM   #605
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Well you would obviously know who you are, but it was that you dismissed it so noncommitally that struck me. Besides, it could have pointed at you as much as at Eönwë for the same reason (Nog also voted him and he had voiced some suspicion of Eönwë earlier), and you did not seem to consider that.
A wolf killing someone *just* for suspecting him at this point? When there could be a Hunter around? As I said, that scenario seems too weak even for a frame.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:02 AM   #606
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

'bzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzz booOOOOOoop *fizzle*'

"Can you believe this?!" came a voice.

------

It would indeed be difficult to believe if this buzzing indicated GW and EW targeting same person 3 out of 5 nights, but it's a possibility. Obviously my visitor theory seems false now.

But what about this from Boro's lynch:

"Those who knew his head would sheer off were mad with glee."

What's this about? Who could have known he wasn't a wizard? Was he the one double-targeted on the previous night, and this info was passed along to the wolves? Maybe. Has there really only been 2 wolves this whole time?
Old 07-19-2017, 06:07 AM   #607
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Eh.... the first two times the fizzle is accompanied with clanging and banging and a doink and a pop. Nothing like that last night. So there is maybe a difference.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:42 AM   #608
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
A wolf killing someone *just* for suspecting him at this point? When there could be a Hunter around? As I said, that scenario seems too weak even for a frame.
Well as weak as all the others, anyway. That's what's wrong with the whole Nog's death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Eh.... the first two times the fizzle is accompanied with clanging and banging and a doink and a pop. Nothing like that last night. So there is maybe a difference.
Last Night, there was not a doink but there was a fizzle. But some of those noises were marked in red, so maybe they could be in some way more relevant than the rest? Or signify something specific? In any case, looking at it, Night 3 was the only one that was generally quiet (and Night 1 obviously).

Anyway, I'm in a middle of things now so can't post anything long but hope I'll be able to post again soon with more thoughts.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:46 AM   #609
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
It would indeed be difficult to believe if this buzzing indicated GW and EW targeting same person 3 out of 5 nights, but it's a possibility. Obviously my visitor theory seems false now.
Btw it isn't possible that Nog could have been a Visitor and that a Ranger save took place toNight? Because that would explain the lack of red-marked words if they meant something else on the previous Nights. It would also explain the really weird fact of Nog dying of all people.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:49 AM   #610
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Oh and btw we should make a list for the Dead to vote on. Like:

BORO PREY
Nerwen
Shastanis Althreduin
satansaloser2005

BORO PREDATOR
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Lalaith
Legate of Amon Lanc

NONE OF THE ABOVE
Eönwë
Brinniel

(or upside-down, if we want to change the order again, or what have you)
Old 07-19-2017, 07:44 AM   #611
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I am RL extremely busy today and also this evening, and will not have much time to post. I will be here at or before deadline and I will try to vote as helpfully as I can (I am still feeling fairly pessimistic about our - and I mean the innocents - chances of victory)
Kuru, is deadline normal toDay?
Old 07-19-2017, 07:58 AM   #612
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I'm good with Legate's list I think, can't see any major flaws.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:15 AM   #613
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

One thing that could have happened - and correct me if I've read the rules wrong - the GW could have chosen a Wolf as the Visitor Who Leaves.
That way, I think, the wolf no longer counts as a living wolf, which is why we are all still here?
Old 07-19-2017, 08:21 AM   #614
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
One thing that could have happened - and correct me if I've read the rules wrong - the GW could have chosen a Wolf as the Visitor Who Leaves.
That way, I think, the wolf no longer counts as a living wolf, which is why we are all still here?
We've not had a ghostly visit yet, so it's possible that this happened for wolf-Nogrod. However, that would mean Ranger-save last night. The narration suggests that more things happened on the previous night though.

Also, the fizzle without a bang or a clang or a pop or a doink from last night.... there's also this from the naration:

'No more Nogrod.

In spite of his absence, this promised to be a most interesting DAY."

Is it time for the duel?
Old 07-19-2017, 08:37 AM   #615
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Ok I have been thinking... with all the buzzing and all that...

Is it technically possible that we have really very few baddies here? Or if I wanted to go to the extreme, it is technically possible that we have only one Wizard and one Wolf and just keep lynching each other like crazy?

As in, the absolutely craziest scenario is if Boro was a Wolf (or if Nog was a Wolf and was made into the Visitor Who Leaves) and it was the only Wolf and there is just the EW at the moment.

Not that it objectively changes much: we are simply hunting Wolves. And I don't think it so likely anyway. But if something along those lines happened, it would explain some things.

Objectively, I think it's likely we have at least two baddies here (i.e. EW and a Wolf). In that sense, I am again brought to Nog's remarks yesterDay:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
If we think the Dead communicated to us then Zil was innocent. Of the Zil band-wagon there are three alive toDay: Nerwen, Boro and Eönwe.

YesterDay two of these, Nerwen and Eönwe, voted for an innocent person trying seriously to get the ball rolling - and they have continued with the same target toDay. You naturally do not know this target's innocence, but I do.

If I was the EW, I would have chosen people like Brinn or Lalaith if looking for easy-going trustworthy wolves, or then maybe Nerwen for more effect. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when have you seen one of these to be lynched early in the game? A submarine is oftentimes a safe bet as well as they tend to be seldom lynched (there's always a "better" candidate).

I see one name popping out from all the three situations...
There is something to it. It is mostly about combinatorics now, but an evil duo of Eönwë as EW plus Nerwen as a Wolf, for instance, would make sense. (I mean not saying this is the only option. But if I had to say a name right now, I would probably pick one of the two, mostly still because that they were in safer spots in the Zilwagon. Nerwen's vote there was in a more "innocentish" place there, if you will, but at the same time I would probably suspect her more of the two because of the minor things such as the Zilcident, or in this morning, I am not sure if it really couldn't have been a way to not try to look at any connections of Nog to other people.)

EDIT: x-ed with Lalaith and Eomer
Old 07-19-2017, 08:39 AM   #616
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I have been just thinking (see above).
Old 07-19-2017, 08:45 AM   #617
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
But what about this from Boro's lynch:

"Those who knew his head would sheer off were mad with glee."

What's this about? Who could have known he wasn't a wizard? Was he the one double-targeted on the previous night, and this info was passed along to the wolves? Maybe. Has there really only been 2 wolves this whole time?
I suppose it's possible that the GW could have informed the gifted(s) that Boro was a wolf. In any case, Boro must have been targeted by both wizards. If they both did it the previous night, then it would be the EW/wolves mad with glee; same if the GW had got to him first. But if the EW had got to him first then it could be the GW/gifted mad with glee.

All right, new hypothesis based on complete guesswork around the narrations.

Night 1: nothing weird; everyone targets different people.

Night 2: Very loud buzzing, bang, fizzle, pop. 'Absolute silence' - the EW and the GW targeted same person. Nothing changes.

Night 3: same as Night 1.

Night 4: buzzing, whoosh, clang, doink, 'who put that there?' The other wizard targets Boro and is thwarted. 'Silence without stillness, swirling of many powers' - what is this.......

Night 5: buzzing, fizzle, nothing. Can you believe this?' 'That was the only noise in the night'. Wizard finds Wizard.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:10 AM   #618
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I'm leaning away from Nog being the visitor, simply because I would have expected a Ranger save to be more strongly hinted at. This would mean it's the GW who keeps getting thwarted, because we haven't seen the visitor yet, suggesting that Boro was indeed a wolf and that it was the GW plus gifted who were happy that Boro was on the chopping block.

Wishful thinking maybe.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:19 AM   #619
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Clarification

Quote:
Kuru, is deadline normal toDay?
It is, indeed.

I've had it asked of me separately so I will insert a few clarifications here.

1. The Evil Wizard counts in the Baddie column for tabulating the win.

2. Killing the Good Wizard is not per se a win condition of the Baddie side. Their win condition is to reduce the Goodies down to an equal or lower number than themselves.

3. The Goodie win condition is to eliminate all the Baddies, including the Evil Wizard.

Quote:
This is not correct. An individual can be a Wolf and a Visitor at the same time, but a Wolf would still count as a Baddie so long as they were still in the Living Thread. They would no longer count for that purpose once they became a Ghost on their return.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:44 AM   #620
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Since I'm feeling we're so close to the end, I'm throwing caution a bit to the wind now. I am operating under the assumption that Boro was a wolf, and that makes Legate and Lalaith seem innocent to me. In this crazy game, I just want something simple to hold on to!

I've had a quick read of posts since Night 3; will try again in a little while to try and get some impressions of what people were saying about him.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:49 AM   #621
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I suppose it's possible that the GW could have informed the gifted(s) that Boro was a wolf. In any case, Boro must have been targeted by both wizards. If they both did it the previous night, then it would be the EW/wolves mad with glee; same if the GW had got to him first. But if the EW had got to him first then it could be the GW/gifted mad with glee.

All right, new hypothesis based on complete guesswork around the narrations.

Night 1: nothing weird; everyone targets different people.

Night 2: Very loud buzzing, bang, fizzle, pop. 'Absolute silence' - the EW and the GW targeted same person. Nothing changes.

Night 3: same as Night 1.

Night 4: buzzing, whoosh, clang, doink, 'who put that there?' The other wizard targets Boro and is thwarted. 'Silence without stillness, swirling of many powers' - what is this.......

Night 5: buzzing, fizzle, nothing. Can you believe this?' 'That was the only noise in the night'. Wizard finds Wizard.
Well, *if* this interpretation is correct, Night 3 is the only Night on which a second wolf could have been created. Hmmn.

Edit: x'd with Eomer.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:52 AM   #622
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Night 1, Night 3 (Boro) and Night 4. So two wolves currently among us.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:54 AM   #623
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Since I'm feeling we're so close to the end, I'm throwing caution a bit to the wind now. I am operating under the assumption that Boro was a wolf, and that makes Legate and Lalaith seem innocent to me. In this crazy game, I just want something simple to hold on to!
I know what you mean- but the "mad glee" bit in the narration for his death sounds awfully evil, though...

EDIT: x'd with Eomer.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:59 AM   #624
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
I know what you mean- but the "mad glee" bit in the narration for his death sounds awfully evil, though...

EDIT: x'd with Eomer.
I'm hoping it was to swerve us! Yeah, it might be a stretch. I'll work out an alternative story now, where Boro is innocent.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:59 AM   #625
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Night 1, Night 3 (Boro) and Night 4. So two wolves currently among us.
Okay, I misinterpreted what you were saying. Why do you think Boro was turned Night 3? As I think I've said before, he would have been a very odd choice at that point.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:05 AM   #626
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I'm going to try and look at people.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:08 AM   #627
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
The Goodie win condition is to eliminate all the Baddies, including the Evil Wizard.
Seriously?!
Also,
Quote:
a Wolf would still count as a Baddie so long as they were still in the Living Thread.
Yes of course, but if s/he was made a Visitor Who Leaves then

Quote:
The Visitor who Leaves is sent by the Good Wizard IMMEDIATELY to the Dead Thread.
according to the Rules

So wouldn't that eliminate a wolf from the Living thread?
Old 07-19-2017, 10:11 AM   #628
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

If Boro is innocent, and there can't be 3 wolves just now, that would mean that the EW was thwarted on both Nights 4 and 5. It would suggest that the GW is not being thwarted, but then we would surely have seen the Visitor who leaves by now; and I just don't take that from the narration hints thus far.

All right, I really want to hear other people's interpretation of the nightly noises now, and the possible scenarios they think might have happened.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:14 AM   #629
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Can't believe I'm sitting here chuntering on about something that probably hasn't or couldn't happen anyway when I'm so RL busy but anyway, given that Visitors are effectively the GW eliminating a villager from someone's side, might it better for him/her to try to send a wolf into the Dead Thread rather than sacrifice one of his/her own?

Although the price would be that the wolf Visitor would of course then cause a bit of chaos in the Dead Thread...and tell lies when they came back....whatever. I'll shut up now.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:17 AM   #630
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Okay, I misinterpreted what you were saying. Why do you think Boro was turned Night 3? As I think I've said before, he would have been a very odd choice at that point.
Or a brilliant choice, as some of us were speculating the last couple days. I think you and I both were hesitating putting him on the lynch-list just because we thought he'd been acting strangely. He could have rode that doubt until the end of the game. Even yesterday he was pushed to the front of the queue quite late.

Of course, maybe he was turned on Night 1; but I can't really imagine this squares with his Day 1 behaviour.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:38 AM   #631
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
So wouldn't that eliminate a wolf from the Living thread?
Yes, that is correct regarding the Visitor who Leaves.

I was referring to the scenario where the Visitor who Dies is a Wolf and would still remain in the Living Thread and count toward the Evil victory total until death.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:46 AM   #632
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

First up- Brinniel

Day One

#16. (answering Zil) Believes the EW would start creating wolves early. Is against the no-lynch plan.

#78. (answering Lalaith) Is confused by the Dead Thread concept, as she has never played in a game with one. Believes setting up communication with the Dead is a goid idea

#112. Votes Lottie (Lottie #4 but the post is marked as having crossed with others). Reason for vote is that Lottie had "worked hard to be helpful, which could go sour for us if she's evil" and that even if innocent "her helpfulness will be good for us in the Dead Thread."

Comment: the rest is fine, but that's a pretty awful reason for even a Day One vote. However, she was not the only one to make a vote like that.

Day Two

#127. Speculates on whether Morsul was killed as a suspected gifted. Believes that Boro's self-vote is a sign of innocence, but that he may have been turned Night 2 for just that reason.

#128. (Answering Sally). Explains no-one was lynched because there was a tie. Thinks period near DL needs examination.

#151. (Answering Zil) Is not sure if the wolves would be told if they targeted a Ranger-protected GW. (Answering Eomer) Thanks it very unlikely Morsul was actually a sacrificial wolf.

#270. Complains we post too much.

#291. Says Dead Thread discussion should be left until next Day. Thinks a baddie could hide behind it. Thinks Eonwe, like Boro, would have made a good Night Two wolf-pick, but does not find either suspicious enough to vote for. Is "concerned" by spat between me and Zil, which she describes as me "pulling this idea out of hat and letting the rest of the village run with it." Believes a baddie is "hiding" among the Day One no-lynch advocates, and favours Lottie in this role.

#292. Would like to vote for me, but doesn't want to "spread the vote too thin".

#295. Answering Boro, who points out that there us already a vote for me, says "So there is. I must have missed that."

#297. Votes for me (Nerwen #2).

#309. Reminds Pervinca to format her vote correctly.

Comments: Nothing very strong here, but there is perhaps a certain opportunism about her suspicions, and the repeated reminder to suspect helpful people is... well it becomes a theme.

Edit: x'd since my last post.

Last edited by Nerwen; 07-19-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #633
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Oh and btw we should make a list for the Dead to vote on. Like:

BORO PREY
Nerwen
Shastanis Althreduin
satansaloser2005

BORO PREDATOR
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Lalaith
Legate of Amon Lanc

NONE OF THE ABOVE
Eönwë
Brinniel

(or upside-down, if we want to change the order again, or what have you)
Is this the same list from yesterDay (minus the dead)? If so, do we want to use the same list every Day or mix it up a bit?

If Boro is innocent, that last minute bandwagon on him is rather concerning. If he's evil, those that voted him look a lot better (with the exception of Legate who, regardless of alignment, could've been voting to save himself). So if Boro was a wolf, I wonder if that could've been a reason why Nogrod was killed. Though the baddies know we wouldn't know Boro's role til toMorrow, so I'm not sure about that...

I agree something strange has been happening for several Nights now. I'm currently sneaking on at work, so I really don't have the time to place further thought on it though. I'll be around a bit for the last hour before deadline or so, though by then we should probably be more focused on lynch choices than Night theories.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #634
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
If Boro is innocent, and there can't be 3 wolves just now, that would mean that the EW was thwarted on both Nights 4 and 5. It would suggest that the GW is not being thwarted, but then we would surely have seen the Visitor who leaves by now; and I just don't take that from the narration hints thus far.

All right, I really want to hear other people's interpretation of the nightly noises now, and the possible scenarios they think might have happened.
What if they've been picking the same targets?

Edit: x'd with Brinn
Old 07-19-2017, 11:19 AM   #635
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Another quick question as I need to be away for a few hours...I too noticed Kuru's promise of an interesting day and wondered if there were a Duel in the offing. If there is a Duel, will there also be a lynching?
Old 07-19-2017, 11:53 AM   #636
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Is this the same list from yesterDay (minus the dead)? If so, do we want to use the same list every Day or mix it up a bit?
Right, I just copied it from the narration. Okay, if we wanted to do it backwards, it would be like this:

BORO PREY
Brinniel
Eönwë
Legate of Amon Lanc

BORO PREDATOR
Lalaith
Eomer of the Rohirrim
satansaloser2005

NONE OF THE ABOVE
Shastanis Althreduin
Nerwen

Would everyone agree on that one?

Quote:
Another quick question as I need to be away for a few hours...I too noticed Kuru's promise of an interesting day and wondered if there were a Duel in the offing. If there is a Duel, will there also be a lynching?
I think so.

Anyway, I am just popping in and I have to go again, but should be around properly in an hour or a bit more.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #637
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Having a duel wouldn't impact the occurrence of a lynch. Only the players in the Living Thread having a tie would do that.

(Idea for the next game: having a ++No Lynch option for a vote. I wonder how that would work out...)
Old 07-19-2017, 12:21 PM   #638
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Brinn, Day Three

#332.
Discusses Eonwe's Dead Thread communication plan; not sure if it is feasible.

#333.
"Not quite as concerned" as Sally re: spreading of early votes on previous Day, but is concerned by bandwaggon votes for Zil.

#337. Further discussion Dead Thread plan with Eonwe.. Agrees it should have been settled earlier, and partly blames herself. Will be out most of the Day.

#452. Looks at Inzil voters. Lottie's vote is "less suspicious" because it was his defensiveness rather than the slip itself, but still has some suspicion of her because of "the same reason I voted her on Day 1". One... [Note: but those reasons were being *too* helpful with the no-lynch plan, thus a possible "nice" wolf, and being a potentially useful deadie. Hardly sufficient for a Day 3 vote.]. Eonwe's vote is "bandwaggoning". My vote is suspicious because of my "eagerness" to jump on Zil's slip, and would apparently be evil regardless of his actual role. [Note.: I believe this quite a misrepresentation of what occurred]. Boro's vote is also a "bandwaggon" and she mentions again that he might have been turned Night Two for looking too innocent. [Note: not if my theory on narration is correct.

Goes on to say that she thinks those who focussed more on the Dead Thread might also be suspicious. Nogrod talks too much about the Dead Thread and is "chaotic". Eonwe on the other hand, serms genuinely helpful, which is "scary" as it "makes him a good candidate for wolf conversion". Also felt that he drew focus from that Day's lynch. Legate has suddenly started focussing on the Dead Thread, which could point to a newly-turned wolf.

Comments: Okay, this is looking pretty suss. "Suspect the helpful" theme continues...

#461. Votes Eonwe because "I found him concerning on both lists I just made". Which is to say, being too helpful plus voting someone of then-unknown role.

Comments: Those last two posts look rather bad actually...

Edit: x'd since my last
Old 07-19-2017, 12:24 PM   #639
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I have to go now- will try and finish this later.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:01 PM   #640
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

And I will also try and look at Sally, and anyone else I can- but have just run out of time now.