Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2004, 11:57 PM   #1
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White Tree Last Ride of the Heir Discussion Thread

The Perky Ent invites you to play in his RPG:

Last Ride of the Heir

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Historical Background:

The year is 2933. Arathorn II (TA 2873 – 2933) has been the 15th Chieftain of the Dunedain of the North for three years. Aragorn II is two years old living with his mother, Gilraen. The War of the Ring has not started yet and Orcs are roaming in Arnor.

~*~

The Return of the King; Appendix A – Part V; J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote:
HERE FOLLOWS A PART OF THE TALE OF ARAGORN AND ARWEN

Arador was the grandfather of the King. His son Arathorn sought in marriage Gilraen the Fair, daughter of Dirhael, who was himself a descendant of Aranarth. To this marriage Dirhael was opposed; for Gilraen was young and had not reached the age at which the women of the Dunedain were accustomed to marry.

“Moreover,” he said, “Arathorn is a stern man of full age, and will be chieftain sooner than men looked for; yet my heart forebodes that he will be short-lived.”

But Ivorwen, his wife, who was foresighted, answered: “The more need of haste! The days are darkening before the storm, and great things are to come. If these two wed now, hope may be born for our people; but if they delay, it will not come while this age lasts.”

And it happened that when Arathorn and Gilraen had been married only one year, Arador was taken by hill-trolls in the Coldfells north of Rivendell and was slain; and Arathorn became Chieftain of the Dunedain. The next year Gilraen bore him a son, and he was called Aragorn. But Aragorn was only two years old when Arathorn went riding against the Orcs with the sons of Elrond, and he was slain by an orc-arrow that pierced his eye; and so he proved indeed short-lived for one of his race, being but sixty years old when he fell.

Then Aragorn, being now the Heir of Isildur, was taken with his mother to dwell in the house of Elrond; and Elrond took the place of his father and came to love him as a son of his own. But he was called Estel, that is “Hope”, and his true name and lineage were kept secret at the bidding of Elrond; for the Wise then knew that the Enemy was seeking to discover the Heir of Isildur, if any remained on earth . . .
Old 04-19-2004, 11:58 PM   #2
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Basic Storyline:

Reënact the last ride of Arathorn II, father of Aragorn. Arathorn, Elladan, Elrohir, and other Dunedain and Elves are riding from Rivendell killing Orcs that are roaming the land. They will travel from Rivendell to Weathertop, and then northeast towards Angmar. On their way, they are attacked by Orcs, trolls, wargs, and possibly fell beasts. Arathorn himself is shot by an arrow in the eye and the remaining who weren’t killed, Elladan and Elrohir included, start the walk back to Rivendell.

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-23-2004 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:59 PM   #3
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

The purpose of the story is to: Kill massing Orcs in Arnor

This means we will know the story is over when: Arathorn dies and the others start their walk from Angmar

Starting Location: Rivendell

Likely destination: Angmar
Old 04-20-2004, 12:00 AM   #4
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Timeframes:

This game takes place in the 3rd Age at around year 2933

The storyline itself or plot covers roughly 4 months

This game requires a time commitment of 14 weeks from me, the game owner and from the major players.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:02 AM   #5
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

CHARACTERS:

6 Dunedain Rangers – all male

1.) The Perky Ent – Arathorn II

2.) Ranger

3.) Ranger

4.) Ranger

5.) Ranger

6.) Ranger

~*~

5 Elves from Rivendell – all male

1.) Elladan

2.) Elrohir

NOTE: The players for Elladan and Elrohir must write for them very carefully since they are the sons of Elrond.

3.) Rivendell Elf

4.) Rivendell Elf

5.) Rivendell Elf

~*~

Character types which would not belong: Anything other than male Dunedain or male Elves from Rivendell
Old 04-20-2004, 12:03 AM   #6
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

DEDICATED CHARACTER:

Arvedui III

Arvedui III’s Character

Name: Elrond Peredhil

Race: Half-elven Male

Appearance: A lord in every sense of the word, Elrond is tall, even for an elf, with shadowy black hair and gray eyes shining with the light of the Eldar. As befitting the master of Imladris, he wears a circlet of silver on his brows and rich robes, and on his right hand he bares a great blue ring. And like all the firstborn, his face shows no age, yet on his there seems an air of vast wisdom and memory. Elrond is still quite hale, though, and a capable warrior.

Weapons: Elrond carries no weapons in his own home.

Personality: Wise and kind, with a warm heart and a keen sense of honor and justice, Elrond is unquestionably a lord mighty and sage among the free peoples, carrying all the weight and responsibility burdened on kings. Yet at the same time he can be quite bitter. He remembers Isildur, and has a hard time trusting in men while knowing that the time is fast approaching for their domination of the world. Elrond has a thirst for knowledge, and a liking of quiet reflection. And like all elves, he loves good songs and good company and the beauty of nature, and when surrounded by even one these things he can have a bright sense of humor. Above all, Elrond is driven by the love for his children, and the war against Sauron, and works to see that the latter is ended forever.

History: Elrond and his brother Elros were born in Arvernien, the son of Earendil and Elwing. There he stayed until captured by the sons of Feanor in their attempt to recover the Silmaril. He was raised by Maglor, who he grew to love in time. At the end of the first age, Elrond, like his parents and brother, had to choose to which race he would belong. He chose the Elven-kind, and was bestowed upon him great wisdom and power of perception. Elrond dwelt in Lindon with Gil-Galad, the High King of the Noldor, until he was sent to Eregion to help the defense against Sauron in SA 1695. Elrond was present at the end of the second age when Sauron was destroyed, and tried to persuade Isildur to destroy the one ring. Isildur did not, and Elrond remembers it.

He then inherited Vilya from Gil-galad, one of the elven rings of power, and founded Imladris (Rivendell), the last homely house east of the sea. In TA 109, he married Celebrian, daughter of Celeborn and Galadriel, and had three children: Elladan, Elrohir, and Arwen Undomiel. In TA 2509, Celebrian, traveling to Lorien, was attacked by orcs in Redhorn Pass and received a poisonous wound. Though Elladan and Elrohir rescued her and Elrond healed her, she departed over the sea the next year. Elrond has always kept Imladris open as a haven to all elves and elf-friends.

~*~

Arvedui’s post

The cool mist that comes before the dawn flitted its way into the locked chamber, blending with the warm musk of the room and the dying embers of the fire in the woven iron grate. In the dew there was a cold sighing feel, as a wet cloth must seem to a fevered man. And the relief the grey air brought was not wasted on the figure sitting in an oaken chair, encircled by tomes and lost in thought. To the unsuspecting eye the form was a man in the middle of his years, seeming very young and hale, yet worn and burdened with the knowledge of age as well, fingering a hansom blue ring on his right hand, his gray eyes gazing to some far away place.

That was, until two soft thumps tickled his sensitive ears and brought his eyes sharply into focus.

Elrond Peredhil let out a groan of frustration at the end of his reverie and was rewarded only by a quiet chuckle from the opposite end of the room where the disturbance has come from. "Diran le (I see you), Elladan." He called out wearily to the lithe already moving out of the shadows behind him.

"Forgive us Adar, but even I must make some noise to enter a barricaded study." Answered a new voice to his right, now coming into the flickering light of embers.

"I wish you would take the hint that a locked room implies." Elrond replied mutinously, but already he was smiling despite himself.

"I believe Elladan received all our lessons on locks and their implications, father." The right-hand figure, a tall and fair looking creature with mischievous gray eyes, continued in a tone of complete innocence. "And you know his hearing can be very selective at times. A most strange affliction."

"Besides," said Elladan, speaking up for the first time, with an amused lilt to his voice, "You enjoy the intrusion."

Elrond shook his head and rose languidly to face the figures. "My perceptive sons, what am I to do with you?"

"Sending us into the wild in the company of a bunch of scruffy rangers seems to be your favored solution." Elrohir remarked offhandedly as he sank unto a polished stool.

"Arathorn is here, then?" Elrond asked, more sternly than before. He frowned and his mind began to work frantically again. It would be soon, but if he them bereft of...

"You are not pleased at this?" Elladan asked with a concerned note in his voice.

"Nay, nay." Elrond answered, sighing and then forcing a smile. "What news from the Angle?"

"Much of the same." answered Elrohir. "There may be orcs massing near Angmar, but otherwise not a lot to note."

"Oh, but he does have a son now," Added Elladan as an afterthought. "Named Aragorn."

Elrond nodded, a mixture of relief and happiness flooding through him. "That is well. Arathorn will need an heir."

"You foresee him being even shorter lived than Arador?" Elladan questioned, and Elrond paused before he answered, knowing of the friendship between his son and the Dunadan.

"A storm is coming." He answered grimly, keenly aware of an invisible weight pressing down on him, and deeply saddened by its presence. "And if it passes, Arathorn will not live to see the light on the other side."

"The darkness may not descend for many lives of men yet." Elrohir said, trying to be optimistic.

"True, but enough of this." Elrond waved his hand and batted away the subject, judging that he could ignore it until he could find another quiet dawn in which to lock himself away and think. "I suppose you both intend to go with him on whatever new venture he's planning?" He asked as a matter of form, sad to see his sons leaving Imladris again but reconciled to their going.

"Aye, so long as there are orcs, we shall hunt them with any who go with us." Elladan answered, a quiet fury evident in his voice.

Elrond gave a melancholy smile, half lost in a memory, and then placed his hands on his sons' shoulders. "Go then. Namarie, iynn nin. Nai hiruvalye man faroth!(My sons! May it be you will find the hunting good)" They embraced, and Elladan and Elrohir left, unlocking the door as they went. Elrond gazed after them, thinking with a sudden, brutal clarity that this hunt would be more than any of them bargained for. He sank back down into the comfort of the books surrounding his chair and knew that for Arathorn, and his son after him, the darkness had dawned, and a war was beginning.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:06 AM   #7
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

The Perky Ent’s Character:

NAME: Arathorn II

RACE: Human

WEAPONS: Arathorn carries a regular Arming sword, along with a bow, arrow, and quiver. Also, he carries 3 daggers tied around his waist. His armor is merely a thin layer of chain mail with a red, leather tunic.

APPEARANCE: Arathorn is tall with dark hair and grey eyes. He has a dirty face with cuts all along his body. He has brown leather books and the appearance of the average Dunedain, with a red tunic.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Arathorn is a serious person who is having trouble leaving his wife Gilraen and his young son, Aragorn. He has a calm about him that says he’s peaceful but dangerous. There are no bad traits about Arathorn, except bad luck and poor archery. His personality, though serious, has a tint of humor to it. He is a very skilled fighter and a force to be reckoned with.

HISTORY: Born in the Angle in the year 2873, Arathorn lived the life of a Dunedain. When he was 56, he wanted the hand of Gilraen, who was 22, in marriage. At first the wedding as denied by her father Dirhael, but they were later approved and were married. One year later, in the year 2930, when his father Arador died, he became the Chieftain of the Dunedain. One year later he had a son, Aragorn. Two years after, Arathorn left with a troop of Dunedain to Rivendell to bring Elladan and Elrohir on a quest across Arnor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Perky Ent's post - First for the Game:

The summer’s sun blazed a gentle beam of light across Arathorn’s face. A cool wind was on the horizon. A peaceful tiding of leaves dancing in the wind as Arathorn walked into the courtyard. Rivendell’s beauty was beyond comprehension this time of year. Finding a small bench, Arathorn pulled out a piece of parchment and a quill. Gazing into the sky, blue with small clouds, Arathorn began to write a letter.

~*~

My dearest Gilraen,

I have reached Rivendell and I couldn’t be any happier. I haven’t located Elladan and Elrohir as yet, but I’m sure they’re around somewhere. How is our beloved baby? I’m sure Aragorn will turn out to be a great man. Something….a deep inner feeling, tells me his life will be a tale of ages. Though I have taken my last look into his eyes for a long time, I could see it. I still can’t believe he’s two years old and can already run so quickly. He’s a great boy. Take care of him, and yourself.

Arathorn paused for a minute, and then concluded:

I’ll be back as soon as the stars will allow. I love you Gilraen, so be careful.

With undying love,

Arathorn son of Arador

~*~

Arathorn took a while to seal the letter, and then summoned a Ranger admiring the Elvish architecture. “Borodun! Borodun! Borodun, come! I have a delivery for you. As I know you know, I said you could head back for The Angle as soon as we departed, but I need to get this letter back as fast as a dragon,” Arathorn said to the stout ranger by his side. “Ay sir! I’ll deliver it post haste. It was good to see you again. I’ll see you on your return?” Borodun said with a grin. “But of course Borodun! Now ride with the blessings of the Lost Kingdom and the glory of men!” Arathorn exclaimed with gusto. And with that, Borodun fetched his horse and departed from Rivendell.

“Now where are Elladan and Elrohir?” Arathorn said as he looked around. “They said they’d meet me in the royal courtyard. What’s taking them so long?” Arathorn pondered as he continued to look around. Just then, two arrows appeared in the ground, at his feet. “Did you miss me?” Arathorn said as he laughed. “Yes. Lucky for you we did miss you! How’ve you been Arathorn?” Elladan asked as he patted Arathorn on the back. “Like a king! How else!” Elrohir said with a great smile. “Not quite, gentlemen. Are you ready for the trip?” This question did nothing more than break the twins out in hysterics. “Ready? Oh course we’re ready!” Elladan said. “If I’m not ready, let’s see if I miss you!” Elrohir exclaimed. And as Elrohir reached back to pull an arrow, he felt something strange. What he felt, was nothing. His quiver was empty. Embarrassed, Elrohir ran to get more arrows. Elladan hit his hand on his face and said, “I’ll go with him, to spare you the trouble of humiliating him!” and then left.

Arathorn waiting for quite some time, became quite restless. So restless that he pulled out his sword and started preparing for the fights. Time waned. After an hour, Arathorn shouted with a great anger.

“Where are my Elves and Rangers!?!”
Old 04-20-2004, 12:08 AM   #8
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Please use this form for creating your character to post on the discussion thread.

It is a requirement that all potential game players will either have posted in one of the RPG Inns (preferably in The Green Dragon) or have played in an RPG on the Barrow Downs.

Those who have not played before in a Barrow Downs' RPG will be given preference. Final preference, though, will be at the discretion of the Game Owner.

Character Description Form:

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES/NO - Which one?

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in?

List them, please:

Please note you may play in only 2 (TWO) Shire games at one time. (The Green Dragon Inn DOES NOT count as a game for this.)

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES/NO – Which one?

For your character please include:

NAME:

RACE:

WEAPONS (No magical, super-hero, mithril weapons. Just good solid Middle-earth weapons and armor only that is appropriate to the race of the character and the time period.):

APPEARANCE:

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: (No half-Elven characters. No mixed-type characters. No super-heroes. No assassins. No one all powerful, martial arts proficient, or having any magical traits. Just regular characters with normal abilities for their races only):

HISTORY:

First post:

This is a requirement for this game. Character Descriptions without a First Post attached will be sent back to the writer. They may be submitted again, once there is a First Post to go with them.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:12 AM   #9
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Again, here are the characters needed for this Game:

6 Dunedain Rangers – all male

1.) The Perky Ent – Arathorn II

2.) Ranger

3.) Ranger

4.) Ranger

5.) Ranger

6.) Ranger

~*~

5 Elves from Rivendell – all male

1.) Elladan

2.) Elrohir

NOTE: The players for Elladan and Elrohir must write for them very carefully since they are the sons of Elrond.

3.) Rivendell Elf

4.) Rivendell Elf

5.) Rivendell Elf
Old 04-25-2004, 12:26 PM   #10
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thumbs up

This thread is now open for those who wish to play in the game.

Take a look at the Characters Needed.

Design a character using the form above and submit it together with a First Post for your character.

No SAVES allowed for choosing characters.

No incomplete submissions of bios and posts will be accepted.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio, Game Moderator
Old 04-25-2004, 12:35 PM   #11
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome everybody! My name is The Perky Ent and i'll be owning this game! It's a lot of fun playing in a game, and hopefully even more fun owning it So, now's the time to write and character profile, first post relating to the game, and put it on the thread. If it works, you in. ^_^

~*~ The Perky Ent ~*~
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 04-25-2004, 02:28 PM   #12
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Shield

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? No, not at the Barrow-downs.

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? None.

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? - YES/NO - Which one? Yes, the Green Dragon.

Character profile:

NAME: Hanindur, son of Seragon

RACE: Human Ranger

WEAPONS: A well battered broadsword, one dagger, and a bow
APPEARANCE: Shorter for a Ranger, around 5"7 with brown hair, dark brown eyes, and pale skin color. He always wears a dark green cloak over his worn brown clothes. He doesn't wear much armor, sometimes a coat of chainmail under his tunic, and vambraces, because he is an archer.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: He is a man of the forests, and can slip through them very quietly for a human, though any hobbit could be quieter. His one weakness is his dedication to family and friends, though it is also a strength, it can be used against him. He is merciful to all but the orcs. With the sword, he is adept, but is better at the bow, for his eye is sharp. Basicly, he is a normal ranger in most aspects.

HISTORY: He grew up in Imladris, with the elves, but never picked up on their language, so he understands it, but cannot speak it well. After the death of his father, he drew away, walking the forests more, and more often, with a shadow over his heart. Because of this, he has a deep hatred to Orcs, and other evil characters. He is very dedicated to all who he is close to.

Eowyn Skywalker's post

The day was fair in Imladris; the wind rustled the trees and grass. It was fair and bright; all was quiet and peaceful. And in that time, Hanindur, son of Seragon sat, and watched the trees twitch in the wind.

"Why does the weather play such games, when peace is not to be found, and a shadow roams freely in the lands?" asked Hanindur softly. He sat in the shade of the peaceful trees, and watched. The sun shone brightly, and there was little shadow in the hidden valley, beyond that which lay under the trees.

Birds chirped, as if there was nothing in the world to fear. And they have little to fear, thought Hanindur. Why would they fear, when it is us, the men, and elves that must fear them. Anything could be a spy... who knows what watches in the dark shadows of time?

A cloud drifted over the sun, shadowing the area. It was but a cloud, nothing to be feared, but Hanindur jumped. Shadow... fear and doubt. There was something about the shadows that caused him fear now, ever since the death of his father.

It had been all dark that day, and though the sun still shone, it hung heavily, and darkly in his mind. And evermore his thoughts drifted to shadow, and to darkness... the past that was so dark to him now.
He fell into those dark thoughts, and drifted into a world that no longer existed to him, days before his father's death.

A voice cried out in anger.

Hanindur jumped, shaking himself out of his thoughts, and out of the dark times that he had been recalling. "Where are my elves and Rangers?!?" he heard someone shout. It was the voice of Arathorn.

He jumped up, and walked over to where he had heard the vioce shout, and Hanindur realized that much time had passed, as his shadow grew long as he stepped over to Arathorn. "I am here, if you wish for my help, Lord Arathorn," he said, his voice low. "Your Rangers have not abandoned you."

That do?

-Eowyn Skywalker

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-26-2004 at 02:22 AM.
Old 04-25-2004, 03:21 PM   #13
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Eowyn,

looks good. The whole being raised in Imladris thing caught my attention, but i think it can work. You show good writing style. I personally liked the twitching trees. Nothing better than tree spasms welcome to the last ride!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 04-25-2004, 03:48 PM   #14
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES, Corsairs and Corsets

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? 0

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES, both

NAME: Beroth

WEAPONS: Beroth has a normal sword and a bow and quiver of arrows. He also has a small dagger tucked into his belt.

APPEARANCE: He has shoulder-length dark brown hair and green eyes. His clothes are a dark green tunic and common brown boots and he has a short beard.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Beroth is an exceptional archer and an average swordsman. At first glance, he seems to take nothing seriously but he knows when he must sober up. Traveling to far-off places does not bother him because he has no wife or child.

HISTORY: Beroth was born in 2876 as the son of Deroth. He lived most of his life in Eriador, as his father was a Ranger. Deroth was killed in 2910 when he was waylaid while riding at night; Beroth took his place as a Ranger. When he was called upon by Arathorn to join the quest to Arnor, Beroth had no second thoughts and joined immediately.

Mad Baggins' post

Beroth was enjoying his stay at Rivendell; he had never encountered Elves before and he loved learning about their ways and customs. The quiet, comfortable rooms were quite a difference from sleeping outside beneath the twinkling stars. He walked down the corridors silently, taking in the beauty of Rivendell as slowly as possible. He stopped to run his hand over an intricately carved pair of doors. The wood felt smooth and was a rich cream colour. Beroth was about to have a closer look when his keen ears caught a noise at the door. He sprang back and pretended to have been examining the wall as a young Elf maiden stepped out of the doorway and walked gracefully in the other direction.

Beroth sighed, feeling extremely foolish. The Elves were so eloquent and fair; sometimes he felt like a clumsy oaf in their presence. He walked further down the hallway, pausing every so often to look at a particular piece of art. Reaching a doorway that led to a balcony, Beroth stepped through it and into the bright afternoon sunlight. He leaned on the balustrade, breathing in the sweet air. Suddenly, his peace was disrupted by a loud roar from below.

"Where are my Elves and Rangers!?!"

Beroth groaned and hurried off the balcony, down the hallway and towards the courtyard from which the shout had come. When he passed through the gateway to the courtyard, Arathorn was indeed there. Beroth reached him and bowed, saying, "I am here, Lord Arathorn. What is your will?" He straightened up and gave Arathorn a winning smile.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Hope it's alright!

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-26-2004 at 02:23 AM.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:19 PM   #15
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

Hi, I was wondering that since Last Hope for Moria is going to be over on Tuesday or something, does that count as a game I'm currently in? If not , I'd like to try for Elrohir, please. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2004, 05:50 PM   #16
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

Alas Perky, I have finally returned home and I have the profile! This is for one of the Ranger positions.

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES/NO - Which one? Yes- many. Most were old, i.e. The Long Winter, A Hobbit's Tale, and others

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? 1- A Land to Call Their Own

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES/NO – Which one? Yes, the Green Dragon, a long while ago

NAME: Eirian

WEAPONS: A sharp broadsword that is always at his side- fighting is one of his more admired traits. He also has a shortbow of carved dark-stained wood that he doesn't use often, but keeps safely in its small Gondorian sheath. His armor is plain, for he likes fleet and unimpeded movement. It consists of a simple leather jerkin worn over a maroon cotton shirt, which was secured with braided cord ties at the front. Mail sleeves are attached with points. He will also wear a skirt or shirt of mail, depending on how much fighting he intends on and where he plans on doing it. He also wears a pair of mild leather gauntlets and tough, worn cowhide boots

APPEARANCE: Eirian is tall with wavy dark brown hair and deep, dull gray eyes. He has a dirty, moderately scarred face with defined cheek and chin bones. He has a slight five o'clock shadow. His frown marks and signs of aging are becoming more prominent as time wears on. When not in armor/uniform, Eirian wears linen shirts of blues and reds and boots of tough leather.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: While trying to be a family man, Eirian can be sometimes arrogant and over-involved. If a bet of strength or fighting is placed, he will never back down or not take the bet. He has good intentions, however; he never passes up an opportunity to help someone in need. Eirian often gets lost in thought over the Darkness he feels approaching; once fighting, however, he forgets all of his troubles. Although his wife tells him to take in the sites, Eirian can not bring himself to just 'walk around' and look at things without a purpose. He feels bad for himself leaving his young daughter and enceinte wife, but he knows that his fighting skill will indeed come in handy with the ever-approaching war.

HISTORY: Eirian is the eldest son of the town tanner and a merchant's daughter. Albeit he was never 'poor', money was often tight when raising five growing boys and two daughters. He met his wife at age twenty, when she was but sixteen. They married on Midsummer's Day of that year. He joined Arathorn, Chieftain of the Dunedain, at age twenty-two, and he was soon fighting constantly His wife Eria, just nineteen, bore him a son, but he was a weak baby that died at only a week old. They did not have another child for fourteen years, a daughter. Eria is now again pregnant, so he refused to leave her home; instead, she and their daughter Evelyn were brought to Rivendell with him. What they will do, however, when he leaves on his quest to defeat the orcs in Angmar, is uncertain.

ArwenBaggins' post

"Papa? Papa!" A small, black-haired girl tugged on the loose leggings of a tall man dozing in a chair overlooking a beautiful, gleaming city. "Papa, lookie wat I drew! See! It's Lord Arathorn an' you fightin' some orcs!" The girl pointed to some crudely drawn stick-men and dog-like crawling figures. The man smiled and rubbed his daughter's head as she continued more solemnly, "Mama 'tolded' me dat you're gonna leave us 'gain ta fight off some baddies… but she's lyin', isn't she?"

Eirian's smile faded quickly from his wrinkling face. He bent and sat the toddler in his lap. A cool morning breeze drifted in through the balcony. It ruffled the silken nightgown of his young tot, making her giggle. He watched as Elves glided across a bridge a little way off- some were in armor. "No Evelyn, she's not lying. It will be two mornings from now, I regret to say. Darkness is stirring…" His deep eyes drifted away for a moment, but a creak of the tree growing through the middle of the room brought him back to reality. "Although, you are only four, you wouldn't understand. Why don't you go find Mama and we'll help her make breakfast," He smiled again and sat her on the dusty ground.

The girl smiled and nodded, waddling past the large tree and disappearing behind a satin curtain. Eirian stood and followed, adjusting the sword at his belt. After pushing back the lavender veil, he was met by a slender woman with a large stomach. "Good Morning Lovely," Eirian kissed the top of his woman's head and started cutting a loaf of bread. The world was good at now, if only then.

~*~*~*~

By mid-noon two days later, a modest pile of supplies was sitting just inside of the room. Evelyn was crying and rubbing her eyes on her mother's skirt. Eirian embraced them both and put his pack over his cloak, stepping out of the door. "Fear not for me, my dears. I will return, and peace will be restored. I love you both," He kissed his wife and hugged his teary-eyed daughter once more, adjusting his knapsack and putting a hand on the hilt of his sword.

He took his time getting to the royal courtyard. While he was ever avid to start killing the blasted beasts, he felt a deep quilt inside leaving his four-year-old daughter and a wife that could give birth to his third child within a month.

“Where are my Elves and Rangers!?!” Eirian heard this shouted as he entered the yard. He saw Arathorn standing with his sword unsheathed and in front of the other Dunadan.

"Come now Arathorn," Eirian unveiled his sword as well and steadied the blade. "We can not have you in a bad mood… have you see Elladan and Elrohir? They passed my door earlier, but I haven't seen them since," He shrugged and swung his sword over his head, practicing his swift killing strokes.

Eirian again sheathed his sword, sighing and finding a nearby stone bench to sit on. He flicked a piece of dark hair from his face and began, "Those fellows must think we are Elves as well; they are taking quite an eternity!"

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-26-2004 at 02:25 AM.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:28 PM   #17
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree Update

1. Mad Baggins - Welcome to the Last ride
  2. Saraphim - I'll have to check with Pio about cutting a fellow Moria-er some slack Also, if someone posts an Elrohir before you, i'll wait for yours to see who's works best.
  3. ArwenBaggins - Welcome to the Last ride

Dunadain spots are filling up fast. I have yet to see a singe elf. Wow. This thread is really comming along. Also, i think that since this is a small amount of people, things will be easier to understand and therefore more fun!
Old 04-26-2004, 02:28 AM   #18
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Saraphim

Your character in the Moria game is dead - so you are no longer playing in the game. Please do post a character and first post for this game.

~*~ Pio

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone

If you see an 'edited by piosenniel' on your post - I am just setting up your First Posts to be easily transferred to the game when it opens.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:42 AM   #19
Will Witfoot
Haunting Spirit

Will Witfoot has just left Hobbiton.
Greetings. I vie for the position of one of the Rivendell elves.

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – Yes, the 'Last Hope for Moria'

List them, please: 'Search for Rhûn'

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – Yes, the Green Dragon

NAME: Eldín

RACE: Elf

WEAPONS: Eldín carries a long, finelly crafted elven blade. It is a light and deadly weapon, capable of being wielded with blistering speed by a warrior with the skill to do so. He also keeps a long, curved dagger tucked in his belt. It is finelly balanced and may be used for throwing.
He wears no armour, rellying instead on his aggility to get out of harms way.

APPEARANCE: Eldín is tall and lithe, with long raven black hair tied in an ornate ponytail. His face is almost constantly set in a melancholy expression and his grey eyes are as the mist of the sea. He wears white robes under a light grey cloak, and his feet are encassed in black shoes.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Born a deaf mute, it was necessary to train Eldín's skill of perception to unpararelled decree for him to survive in the cruel world. His eyes can see many details that others can not. He has also been trained well in the art of swordmanship, and to use other senses than hearing in battle. He has the uncanny ability to 'feel' an enemies blow before it connects, a fact which has allowed him to live this long.
From his early childhood Eldín was taught to communicate through gestures and different facial expressions. He also spent countless hours learning to read, which without hearing proved a difficult task.

Not being able to hear is a terrible dissadvantage most of the time, for one can not allways relly on ones eyes for guidance. Darkness is the chief weakness of Eldín, for his fighting skill's and means of communication are effectively rendered useless.

Allthough deaf, Eldín has suprisingly proved himself to be a fine dancer, even compared to other elves. Numerous speculations on how this can be have been made by many, though none know, and Eldín cannot tell. He is sadened by the fact that he cant hear the world, not the sound of water, the rustle of the wind in the trees or even music. He is a very even personality, solemn and melancholy for most of the time.

HISTORY: Eldín was born as the only son of Elríng and Cerímb, both elves of Imladris. He was taught in the arts of communication, reading and fighting by the warriors and sages of Imladris. He has accompanied the sons of lord Elrond on many scouting expeditions, and it was through his bond to Elladan and Elrohir that he came to join Arathorns last ride. He is forever seeking to do something of worth, and he does'nt want to be a burden for others.

Will Witfoot's post

The light of the morning sun gilded the scented garden's of the hidden valley, Imladris, and radiated from the robes of a lonely figure seated under a tree, making him appear as made of light himself. Then the wind granted the gardens it's chill kiss and the figure drew it's grey cloak around itself, dimming the light, and revealling a lithe, gaunt elf staring thoughtfully into the waters of the river Loudwater flowing past Rivendel, the Last Homely House East of the Sea.

Cerímb watched her son, her only child, sitting all alone with the same air of melancholy around him that had marked his life since he was born. When not practising with the sword or poring over the many tomes of the libraries, he could be found seated deep in thought, usually as far away from others as possible. Few were those whose company could provide him with any joy.
Desspite all the years of having to live with the knowledge of her son's dissability, Cerímb could not stop a tear from trickling onto her cheek.
As if sensing the presence of his mother, Eldín turned. Seeing her standing there, he got up from where he had been sitting, his cloak oppening to reveal an elegant blade seathed by his side. Realizing that his mother was crying Eldín embraced her, gently wiping away the tears that fell silently to Cerímb's cheek's.

'Is it time?' Eldín asked, using the peculiar mode of communicating through gestures that he had been taught since he was a small child.

Cerímb nodded. 'Yes, Arathorn is leaving. They will be waiting for you.' She knew that her son could read her lips, but she preffered using the same way of communication that Eldín himself used, when conversing with him.

Eldín leaned forward to kiss his mother on the brow. 'Fear not, mother. I will return as certainly as the sun rises.'

He turned from her and begun to walk towards the courtyard where he knew the warriors would assemble. Cerímb watched her son go, before bursting into tears.

__________________________________________________ _______________
Herein, it is said, the power of Ulmo was shown. For he gathered tidings of all that passed in Beleriand, and every stream that flowed from Middle-earth to the Great Sea was to him a messenger, both to and fro

Last edited by Will Witfoot; 04-27-2004 at 02:15 AM.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:01 PM   #20
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
I would also like to try for an elf of Imladris.

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – Yes, one

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? one

List them, please: Search for Rhun

Please note you may play in only 2 (TWO) Shire games at one time. (The Green Dragon Inn DOES NOT count as a game for this.)

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES/ NO: Yes – Which one? Both, actually

NAME: Angakemion

WEAPONS : Bow and arrows (yes, slightly stereotypical of Elves), and a dirk, about a foot and a half long, ornamented, with accompanying knife, made by the Elvish Smiths at the height of their power (about the time that the Rings were made)

APPEARANCE: 6 foot (almost 2 meters), brown hair (sort of an anomaly), grey eyes, prefers to be hooded and cloaked often. When he is not cloaked, he wears a simple green tunic underneath. Cream-colored breeches complete his attire.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Anga, (as friends call him) usually quiet, does not like to be in enormous crowds. He prefers solitude, and Imladris (Rivendell) has always provided him with peace and quiet. His strengths include, great wisdom, even for his youth, and premonition. He can sense when someone is not wholly telling the truth, though he can't find out what that truth is, himself. Weakness's, among many, are, that he is not as far-sighted as is almost staus quo among Elves. Also, he is afraid, not of the ghosts or haunts of men, but of his own mortality in battle.

HISTORY: Raised in Imladris, he has sometimes visited his cousins, the Galadhrim, in Lothlorien. He has also visited Mirkwood, and enjoys the company of the Grey Elves. His father is closely related to Elrond, and that is how he knew about Arathorn's ride. His mother died while he was young. He hates orcs, and has wished to kill them all when he was younger

bilbo_baggins' post

Angakemion could feel the mists of morning rising before any could see it happen. Imladris was as beautiful as ever, with the snow melting in the Misty Mountains, and the water running down to join the river, and ultimately, the Western Sea.

The Rangers that had come a while back were leaving again, soon. He was going with them. He could hardly remember the frenzied events that had precluded the departure. He could feel the excitement charging the air, and giving it that slightly reddish hue that came just before a great battle.

He was excited about going, and he hoped the departure, which he could feel was entirely to imminent to communicate, would come quickly. He hurriedly went to his room, and gathered his packed things. His father entered.

"Father, I have no time to waste, the Rangers will leave soon. I hope I can still go."

"My son, do not fear. They will not leave without you. Now come and embrace me for the last time, my dear Anga!"

Their joyous hug was cut short as Anga realized he needed to leave, and quickly.

"Father, I hate to leave Imladris, especially since I wish to court a woman. But the time for love and affection has past, and battle looms on out horizon. I must go."

"Then leave with my blessing, son. I shall miss thee, and pray for your return."

With that, Anga left to go down to where the party was gathering.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-26-2004 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:29 PM   #21
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES - Legacy Of Traitors, but not finished yet.

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? One

List them, please: Legacy of Traitors

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES – Which one? Green Dragon

----------------------------------------------------------------

NAME: Owacyn, Ranger

WEAPONS: A sword, a longbow and a quiver of arrows. Numerous hidded knives, and dark brown leather armour.

APPEARANCE: Tall, with shoulder length dark brown hair. He has a large scar on the left side of his face, just missing his left eye. He has a white streak of hair growing out of the scar tissue.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: A quiet man, he takes great pleasure in watching others argue, but rarely if ever joins in. He is not easily impressed, and often scorns efforts of others if he is not satisfied. He is married, and his wife lives in Gondor, far away from most of the things he does. She is currently pregnant with his son, Seon, father of Roryn. It constantly preys on his mind, and he is prone to bouts of anger, lapse in attention and sorrow. He is courageous, knowing that he must win honour in battle to die as he wishes. He is rather paranoid, but a good fighter. He refuses to speak of his past, partly because he knows not much himself, and secondly because it might show weaknessess that could be used to exploit him.

HISTORY: Not much is known about him, although it is known that he was born and raised in Arnor. His mother was killed by bandits when he was just ten, and he fled to Rivendell on a pony. It was there he met Elrond, and became friends with his sons. He joined Arathorn on one of his visits to Rivendell at the age of twenty, and has stalwartly fought with him since.

------------------------------------------------------

Hama of the Riddermark's post

Owacyn lay on the couch in his room. He looked up at the elf-wrought ceiling and smiled, it was fascinating. He was trying to distract himself with nice things, as he had a bad feeling in his gut about this attack. No matter how hard he tried to dissmiss it it always came back, snapping at his heels and stalking his every step. He constantly thought about Gwendalyne back in Gondor, and his unborn infant. He hoped it would be a son, but right now he doubted if he would be around to see his child born and grow. He wished he could, he wanted to teach him how to ride and fight, to shoot a bow and wield a sword. He sighed as he lay there. So many things were uncertain at this time.

He was just drifiting off to sleep, pondering this venture some more, when he heard Elrohir running past his window, cursing at himself in elvish. He smiled. Elrohir was a good friend and a fine bowman, even if he was prone to make a fool of himself occasionally. He drifted off to sleep, a few of his trepidations were gone, after all he'd be riding with the dunedain's finest, and the sons of Elrond himself. Somewhat content, he closed his eyes...

"Where are my elves and rangers!"

Owacyn sighed as he opened his sleepy eyes, swinging his feet off the bed he slipped his boots on. He slowly walked and stepped out of the door. After all, an hour was a short time really..."I'm here, my Lord" he said almost resignedly. Arathorn scowled at his manner, but did not say anything.

Owacyn sat down on a step and took a long, slender pipe out of his belt and stuffed it with weed. He lit it and sucked in deep, blowing smoke rings as he let it out of his mouth. He was slightly irritated that Arathorn had shouted so loudly, he had been enjoying a nice rest. Maybe he was a little too eager. He lay back and looked up at the sky. "Owacyn!" snapped the voice of Arathorn, "Get up!". Owacyn sighed and raised himself to his feet. "Yes, Lord Arathorn." he said as he went over and stood by the banister, looking out at the waterfall in Rivendell. He saw Elrohir running back, his quiver bristling with arrows, and a few even tucked into his belt, he grinned. "A little over enthusiatic, Elrohir?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Hama Of The Riddermark; 04-27-2004 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:00 PM   #22
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye Great!

Perky:
Thanks! This game is gonna be fun!

Everyone:
Great Profiles! I really like them!

~Fëa
Old 04-26-2004, 02:12 PM   #23
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Hi all. I have a profile for a Ranger

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – Yes, Reclaiming the city and Hunted

List them, please: None

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – Yes, the Green Dragon

NAME: Paladir

RACE: Human Ranger

WEAPONS: A large broad sword which is in surprisingly good condition, and he carries a short bow and quiver. He wears studded leather armour as he likes to use stealth and can move swiftly.

APPEARANCE: Paladir is a tall man with dark hair. He has a deep blue eye colour and a small amount of facial hair.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: He has many skills, including tracking and has a great deal of skill with his sword. His bow, on the other hand, he is not so skilful with but can still cause some damage with it in surprise attacks on an unaware enemy. Even though his skills are many he can sometimes begin to lose concentration on the matter at hand, and many a time he has been known to not listen in on someone’s important words. Paladir is kind and giving but can sometimes be stern and can stand up to many a foe, even though his chances may be slim.

HISTORY: Paladir was born in the Angle, only two years after Arathorn II whom he spoke to sometimes, before he became the chieftain. Paladir’s mother and father raised him well and, soon after his parents died, Paladir began to wonder in the wilderness where a great love of trees grew in his heart. Even though he loved the wilderness he longs for the company of another and over the past year has been looking for someone to wed, but, so far at least, he has not found the right woman.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phervasaion's post

Paladir looked up through the wavering trees at the sun rays beaming down onto the floor, and he smiled. “It is a beautiful day to start a journey,” he said aloud to himself. “Let’s hope the rest of my days will be as beautiful.” He looked upwards towards Imladris and had to stop for a while to gaze upon its beauty. He had never seen the place before and, to him it seemed that the sun was shining stronger there than anywhere else around and he may have even dared to call the place a heaven.

Paladir shook his head thinking he had strayed into some sort of dream, but the beauty of the place was more real than anything he had seen in his dreams before. The Ranger had been travelling for some hours without rest towards his destination of Imladris and was feeling weary from his trek through the wilderness. He sat down and set his back up against a tree a began to drink some water out of his flask, and after only a couple of minutes he set of again, heading up the slopes towards the gates of Rivendell. Paladir held a great respect for Arathorn and did not want to be late for the beginning of the journey.

He was making great pace up the slopes as he had a feeling that something was drawing him towards the great Elven city. Even as he reached the borders of Rivendell he heard a cry of anger towards the courtyard.

“Where are all my Elves and Rangers!?!”

‘Oh no, don’t tell me im late’ thought Kaladir as he began to sprint up the steps towards the royal courtyard. When he got to the top there were four Rangers standing. One was of course the great Arathorn II, the others were called Hanindur, Beroth and Eirian who were all great Rangers, but Paladir did not know them well.

Paladir walked swiftly to greet Arathorn. “I heard your call sire,” Paladir said as he bowed down. “And I have come to answer that call.” He looked up and smiled at all the Rangers standing about him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this seems slightly rushed. I was trying to get the lst Ranger place before anyone else did. These places are filling up extremely fast.

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-26-2004 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:16 PM   #24
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

First, Will - Welcome back! A fellow Moria allum! So, you're a deaf mute. wow. The second i saw that, the first thing that came to my mind was "Woah Now" but, i think it can be accepted. It will be fun to have our fellowship ponder you. So, in closing, you're in!

Second, Bilbo - the post was a little short, but that's ok. You're in.

And BTW, i'm a sympathetic sucker, so don't expect me to be breathing down your neck...that is...if you don't give me a reason to...

Anyways

Third, Hama - Well, first of all Elladan and Elrohir haven't come out yet, but if your post order goes before them, it can work. Second, (i don't mean to be picky but) can you add more detain about Owacyn's additude twords imladris. Is he excited, frightened, confused? there are tons of emotion. If you could edit it with a paragraph or two about his time in Rivendell, that would be Stupendous!

Fourth, Phervasaion - Welcome to the last ride

Fifth astarielle is applying for a elf, but her compy is down, so (s)he'll have it in my wednesday at the latest!

6th...wait...there is so 6th! Right, well...um....that's it...so...yeah....uh...bye!

Last edited by The Perky Ent; 04-26-2004 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:01 PM   #25
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Eye

Yeah, I purposefully killed off my other character sooner than I had planned so I could try for this one.

So here we go...

~~~~

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? Yes, Last Hope for Moria

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? One, Search for Rhun

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? Yes, the Green Dragon Inn

~~~~

NAME: Elrohir

WEAPONS: As a son of Elrond, Elrohir has the best weapons the elven smiths of Imladris can create. His primary weapon is a slightly curved sword, modeled after Hadhafang, his father's old blade. Elrohir also weilds a mahogany bow and arrows

APPEARANCE: Elrohir is dark-haired and is rather tall. He has a serious face, but one that can easily be turned to a smile. He tends to wear soft leather armour because of his penchant for wandering for months on end. Under it he wears soft grey cotton clothes.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Elrohir, is, of course, a twin. His brother Elladan and he are very close, and while they can and have been separated, they do not like it and prefer each other's company to anyone else's. Despite this, Elrohir is very friendly and, especially when he is not with his brother, will seek out his friends. Elrohir is better at shooting than melee fighting, and will attempt to bring his enemy down from a distance rather than fight up close.

HISTORY: Elrohir and his brother were born in the year 130 TA to Elrond and Celebrian. (in most things I've read, Elladan is technically older) In the year 2509, Celebrian was wounded by orcs and was sent across the sea to heal. This triggered a lust for revenge in the twins, who vowed to do whatever it took to avenge thier mother's pain. They met the Rangers of the North and became allies and good friends with many of them, including (and later) Arathorn.

--------------------------------------------------

Saraphim's post

Smiling good-naturaly, Elrohir went to the armory and stuffed his quiver nearly to the breaking point. His brother stood off to the side, still laughing quietly at Elrohir's earlier embarassment.

"You, dear, brother, should not be laughing," said Elrohir. "You aught to remember Arathorn's impression of you when you eat."

"Are you a fool, Elrohir?" said Elladan, who laughed even harder. "You eat the same way!"

"Yes, but I do not drink like a dwarf after every bite."

This caused Elladan to stop giggling insessently and poke at Elrohir's pride back.

They continued to squabble while donning thier armour and strapping on thier other weapons.

Walking slowly out through the halls, the twins were on the verge of grappling to relieve thier brotherly love when they heard Arathorn's exasparated cry.

"Where are my Elves and Rangers?"

Laughing at something other than each other, they, sped up and met the Chief of the Rangers who was looking impatiently around.

"My dear friend," said Elrohir, "You should not rush Elves, not all of our people are as eager to wander as we are, and Men would stay in lovely Imladris until time ended, if it were allowed."

Arathorn smiled wanly and called again, with an order attached for his comfortable rangers.

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-27-2004 at 01:58 AM.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:22 PM   #26
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

We have our Elrohir
Old 04-26-2004, 08:06 PM   #27
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Eye

*does a funky little dance* Woohoo! Thanks Perky Ent! I look forward to working with you again.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:06 AM   #28
Will Witfoot
Haunting Spirit

Will Witfoot has just left Hobbiton.
As long as youre comfortable with having a deaf mute elf in your company Perky Ent . As for communicating with others of the party, I thought that since he has accompanied Elrond's twin sons's on many scouting expeditions, and Rivendel being such a small place an all, that some of the other elves could understand his mute language and translate it to the rangers.

What say you, and the players of the other elves? Is this allright with everyone?

EDIT: Pio, the colour of Eldín's eyes has been changed to grey.

Edit: Thanks! ~*~ Pio
Herein, it is said, the power of Ulmo was shown. For he gathered tidings of all that passed in Beleriand, and every stream that flowed from Middle-earth to the Great Sea was to him a messenger, both to and fro

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-27-2004 at 02:33 AM.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:49 AM   #29
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Note about Tolkien Elves

Your Elf may have yellow hair, or dark hair - black or brown. No red hair.

Eye color will need to be some shade of grey or may be blue-grey. No green or brown eyed Elves.

Thanks!

Pio
Old 04-27-2004, 07:13 AM   #30
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
Pio: How about the Elves having green hair? Just kidding.

And Perky Ent: Very sorry about the short post. I'm fairly new at this, and was rushed. Hope to write lengthier ones in the future. (Thank you very, very, very much for accepting me!)
Old 04-27-2004, 09:41 AM   #31
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
My post has been altered, hope you like it...
Old 04-27-2004, 02:24 PM   #32
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Everyone:
If astarielle's Elf is accepted, only one more Elf is needed before we can start! Get your friends to join everyone!
And the profiles are still awesome!

~Fëa
Old 04-27-2004, 04:16 PM   #33
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Hama - looks good
Old 04-28-2004, 01:36 PM   #34
Potatothan
Haunting Spirit

Potatothan has just left Hobbiton.
Rivendell elf request

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? Nope, not on the BD

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? None*snif*

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? Yupz, the green dragon.

NAME:Nuwethion

RACE:Elf

WEAPONS: I know it sounds corny, but he just carries a shot-gun. Nah just kidding. Bow and arrow, sword and spear.

APPEARANCE: Long gold hair and grey eyed, Nuwethion is clad in green and covered up by a brown cloak. Underneath his clothes he carries a light chainmail vest that reaches down to his knees. The mail is covered with a sweater and a a close bodywarmer. (just made out of fabric and not thick, but I don't know the english word for that.) His arms have bracers for the archery and has a kilt-type skirt covering his upper legs. With tights and light shoes finishing it off, his equipment makes this elf a mean keen fighting machine. His sword is tight to his right side, for he is left handed. His quiver is also on his right. The spear always in his left hand for support, or just tapping annoyingly when bored.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Nuwethion carries a great love for nature and lore. Behind his grey eyes shelter many old stories and a not too bad singer as well. He is strong in close ranged combat and an average shot. His accuresie is good and he will shoot what he aims for. His weakness is his mood. If he is in a bad mood and severely angered, he reaches frenzy and will bezerk his way trough the orc ranks. Powerfull and effective against small groups yes, but not very wise while fighting an army. (figure theodon ) His strength is mostly his experience in battle which have given him a lot of knowledge about Orc tactics and battlefield strategies.

HISTORY: Nuwethion was born in Lothlorien underneath the trees of gold were he served in the milatary just as his father had done. Apart from his service, he would dive into the books and study the history of Eldar, Edain, Naugrim and many more. He later on got less time to study, for he got married with the elven maiden Iarbrethil. 20 years after he was married, his wife gave him a son named: Melseregion. Life was good and Nuwethion watched his son grow up to full adulthood and a valiant warrior with great potential. Although so it seemed in the eyes of his father. But darkness struck Nuwethion's life when his son turned 87. When they were out hunting Orc near the vales of the Anduin, his son was shot down by multiple arrows. On struck the back of his head. Since then Nuwethion has a great hatred against anything that even reminded to Orcs. Not being able to life with the pain of his son's death, Nuwethion and his wife asked leave to move to Rivendell. The leave was granted and since then the two have ever lived in the blessed realm of Elrond. Two and a half thousand years to be exact.

Potatothon's post

Nuwethion was checking his equipent in front of the mirror and adjust his bracer by fiddling with it for a few seconds. He wiped the braids of his shoulders and went to the hallway where Iarbrethil was waiting for him. They did not need words for this parting, for they both knew it was for just a short time. They embraced and he kissed her forehead. She stroke his face for just a second and then he turned and went out into the open air. He turned around once more and gave her a meaningfull look.

"Abedithon le." Nuwethion said.

His wife's eyes lit up for a short second and Nuwethion walked out into the cool breeze that met his faze. Nuwethion decided to take it slowly, for their was no need to rush trough rivendell. And that way he could see the beautifull landscape, though many times encounter, never boring. The sound of the Bruinen sang in his ear and birds sang their songs. Nuwethion himself sang as he went and as he arrived near the courtyard he heard the heir Isildur raizing his voice above bird, river and leaf.

"Where are my Elves and Rangers?"

A few seconds later, men and elves came and reported to him. And as he was a few steps away from the yard, the sons of Elrond arrived.

"My dear friend," said Elrohir, "You should not rush Elves, not all of our people are as eager to wander as we are, and Men would stay in lovely Imladris until time ended, if it were allowed."

"Indeed they would. And even though some of the elves are eager to go, I for one was listening to the songs of trees and birds. Harsh was the sound that disturbed it, although the reason appolagizes for it. Be at ease. All will arrive at the apointed time. They promized remember?" Nuwethion said with a much-saying smile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Done and done. Glad there was still a spot open. About the spelling and such, my windows was recently rebooted and not everything is installed so I don't have a spellchecker availeble at the moment. I'm working on it.

~Potatothan

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-28-2004 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:26 PM   #35
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

CHARACTER LIST

Dunedain Rangers

1.) The Perky Ent – Arathorn II - Owner

2.) Eowyn Skywalker – Hanindur

3.) Mad Baggins – Beroth

4.) ArwenBaggins – Eirian

5.) Hama of the Riddermark – Owacyn

6.) Phervasaion - Paladir

~*~

Elves from Rivendell

1.) astarielle - Elladan

2.) Saraphim – Elrohir

3.) Will Witfoot – Eldin

4.) bilbo_baggins – Angakemion

5.) Potatothon - Nuwethion

6.) Arvedui III - Elrond Peredhil.

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-29-2004 at 02:07 AM.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:03 PM   #36
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Potatothon - you're in! Now we just wait for astarielle's post and we're off!

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-03-2004 at 12:09 PM. Reason: removed ribbing about Potatothon's name
Old 04-28-2004, 07:17 PM   #37
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

NOTICE:

The Discussion Thread is now closed to any new submissions.

The character list is filled.

~*~ Pio

-----------------------------

The Perky Ent

Once astarielle has her post and character bio on the thread, then please go through the posts and make a list for me of what order you want the posts placed on the game thread.

Please do the list by the player's name and not by their character.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 04-29-2004, 01:55 AM   #38
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

astarielle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to astarielle
Eye

okay, here it is at long last people.

Name; Elladan son of Elrond Half-Elven

Age; 2,803

Race; Elf

Gender; Male

Appearance; Elladan has dark hair like his father with grey eyes. He wears light blue clothes under black leather armour.

Weapons; He carries an ornate long double-handed elven blade as well, as two short swords and a bow. The fletchings for his arrows are in black and blue.

Strengths/weaknesses: Elladan thrives in close-combat situations and enjoys killing his enemies face to face. Despite this he has a very non-aggressive exterior and enjoys riding out in the wilderness especially with his brother with whom he remains very close. As a weakness he can easily be drawn into a fight before realising that it was perhaps not the best way to solve the situation. He is very determined which often hard to resist.

HISTORY: Born in the year 130 TA into the home of elrond and Celebrian. They (Elladan and Elrohir) have always promised to avenge the pain of their mother since she was wounded by orcs. They will do anything and everything to see this promise fulfilled.

astarielle's post

For what seemed like the fortieth time Elladan checked once more that he was ready. The day was still, with numerous birds flying in the sky like specks on a carpet of azure blue. Many remained unseen, but not unheard, in the depths of the trees having glorious conversations with each other. He stood in the courtyard amoung many Elves and Men all united by one cause, joined together by single foundation. He turned around an traced every contour of the Homely House, as he had done many times before, as if etching it into his mind, not one arch or doorway to be forgotten.

The twins had entered the courtyard enthusiastically some minutes before. "I do not doubt the honesty of men, for that is the basis of living in communities. What I do doubt is their time-keeping!" He replied to a ranger standing near him.

Elrohir and Elladan had answered Arathorns call readily, and needed no encouragement or persuasion. If there was one sole thing they hated in life, if it is at all possible for Elves to 'hate', in human terms, it would be orcs.

occ; back now (am very tired and have found knew meanings of the words 'knackered' adn 'painful'), we came 4th (last year we were 15th) and brought back a collection of 5 trophies!

Last edited by astarielle; 05-03-2004 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:10 AM   #39
Potatothan
Haunting Spirit

Potatothan has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree Woot

Wow, my nickname is a vegeteble Well, I had to see it coming. Anyway, thanko's. It seems we are spoken fore. When are we starting?

~Potatothan
Old 04-29-2004, 12:01 PM   #40
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
As Potatothan said, when will we start?!

And Potatothan, I probably never would've noticed the 'potato' in your name, and thought anything of it. It's a cute name, in my opinion... snrk.

Well, all the places are filled... coolness! Now I get to see how well Hanindur fits in this game.

-Eowyn Skywalker

Last edited by Eowyn Skywalker; 04-30-2004 at 07:46 PM.