The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #401
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Have we forgotten the fact that Kit voted for Brinn with “bad reasons”. Could that be the reason of her downfall on Day1? Have we asked ourselves of the possibility that she had dreamt of Brinn on N1? It’s interesting she got killed and turned out the seer… so she was right in there?

Brinn would be one of the top candidates for dreaming and making such a vote (in a sense grounded but then again not) would be a seerish way of leaving a hint.
Good point– and I believe everyone had forgotten. There were so many distractions, plus Wilwa made such a very convincing case for the dream being Mnemo.

Interesting, that.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #402
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Anyway, I have to go.

Good night and good luck.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #403
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
*pops back in briefly*
Boro, although I found him looking good earlier and would much prefer still finding him so, is starting to worry me a little bit, now I look at him a little closer. Reasons:
  • says Inzil feels wolfish quite early, for what seem to me very flimsy reasons;
  • supports Mnemo's plan, though cautiously;
  • says he can't see the wolves wasting a night-kill to frame somebody, and
  • thinks McCaber needs watching for suggesting they might;
  • concurs with Nog's suspicion of Lommy;
  • suspects Kit (which persuaded myself at the time) and votes her;
  • argues for lynching Legate, dismisses Legate's defense that he was framed (see above!), and votes him;
  • hasn't said anything notable about the fact that Leg was indeed framed, and says Nog is still suspicious because of the one kill.
Taken all together, this looks somewhat creepy.
And now he threatens the wolves it would be their end if they got him lynched? What's that supposed to mean?

Maybe Nerwen needs looking at too because of the interaction between them, although I really liked the part she's played so far.

Anyway, I'll have to leave you for now.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #404
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

*Also pops back in briefly*

Ah, well, those are all rather good points, Pitch. As I said, we need to stop concentrating on one or two people.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #405
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I'm also not liking how wilwa's name keeps popping up in the middle of shady activity, like the Day 1 stuff between her and Mnemo, and Mnemo is now dead. Now her name being the only repeated one in the two NG votes.
How is the Day 1 thing between me and Mnemo shady? We were technically right in thinking it was a good idea, were we not? And if my name was the only name to show up in both of the lynchings I would get how that would seem suspicious, but how does that work for me showing up in both NG votes? I thought Legate and Nog were both good to keep around, and it just so happened everyone else did too, don't see the shadyness there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Have we forgotten the fact that Kit voted for Brinn with “bad reasons”. Could that be the reason of her downfall on Day1? Have we asked ourselves of the possibility that she had dreamt of Brinn on N1? It’s interesting she got killed and turned out the seer… so she was right in there?

Brinn would be one of the top candidates for dreaming and making such a vote (in a sense grounded but then again not) would be a seerish way of leaving a hint.
Hadn't thought of that. Mnemo was the one she seemed to mention most and her back and forth with her (seeming to suspect but then defend her right after) just stood out for me, which is why I brought that up yesterDay. But of course it could have been someone else, maybe even someone she never mentioned. I had listed all her posts yesterDay so maybe I'll go back and re-read them, see if I can think of any other possibilities. Though Brinn does make sense as well.

Have to run off again, but should be back soon.

x'ed with Pitch and Nerwen, interesting points Pitch
Old 09-05-2009, 10:09 AM   #406
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Nilp, I'm really impressed with your work both yesterDay and toDay; seems we have an idiot savant for our village fool!
Indeed. Beneath his lunatic caperings lurks a cunning mind. Who knew?

Quote:
Nogrod would certainly be a candidate for such a role, but I'm very much against lynching him based on the outcome of his being Guarded.
I'll not cast a vote for Nogrod today. I agree with him that there are others deserving of some scrutiny, especially some that have largely escaped notice in the events of the last two Days.

Quote:
And now [Boro] threatens the wolves it would be their end if they got him lynched? What's that supposed to mean?
I took his words as meaning they'd regret not killing him when they had the chance.

Last edited by Inziladun; 09-05-2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: typo
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #407
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Facts.

Nilp:
• Lynch votes:
o Nilp
o Zil (1/4)
• Guard votes:
o No Day One
o Wilwa
Mnemo:
• Lynch vote:
o Wilwa (1/3)
• Guard vote:
o Boro (1/4)
Brinn:
• Lynch votes:
o McCaber
o Legate (7/12)
• Guard votes:
o Legate (1/6)
o Shasta
Nerwen:
• Lynch votes:
o Kit (1/7)
o Legate (1/12)
• Guard votes:
o Legate (2/6)
o Zil
Shasta:
• Lynch votes:
o Lommy
o No Day Two

• Guard votes:
o Legate (3/6)
o No Day Two
Kit:
• Lynch vote:
o Brinn
• Guard vote:
o Hakon
Boro:
• Lynch votes:
o Kit (2/7)
o Legate (2/12)
• Guard votes:
o Nienna (1/2)
o Nerwen
Zil:
• Lynch votes:
o Kit (3/7)
o Legate (11/12)
• Guard votes:
o Boro (2/4)
o Nog (6/7)
Greenie:
• Lynch votes:
o Nog
o Legate (4/12)
• Guard votes:
o Nienna (2/2)
o Nog (1/7)
McCaber:
• Lynch votes:
o Wilwa (2/3)
o Zil (3/4)
• Guard votes:
o No Day One
o Nog (3/7)
Hakon:
• Lynch votes:
o Legate
o Legate (3/12)

• Guard votes:
o Boro (3/4)
o Nog (7/7)
Pitchwife:
• Lynch votes:
o Kit (4/7)
o Legate (8/12)
• Guard votes:
o Boro (4/4)
o Nog (2/7)
Legate:
• Lynch votes:
o Wilwa (3/3)
o Zil (4/4)
• Guard votes:
o Lommy
o Nilp (2/2)
Nienna:
• Lynch votes:
o Zil
o Legate (5/12)
• Guard votes:
o Mnemo (2/2)
o Nerwen (2/2)
Nog:
• Lynch votes:
o Greenie
o Legate (10/12)
• Guard votes:
o Legate (4/6)
o Boro
Wilwa:
• Lynch votes:
o Kit (5/7)
o Legate (6/12)
• Guard votes:
o Legate (6/6)
o Nog (4/7)
Lommy:
• Lynch votes:
o Kit (6/7)
o Zil (2/4)
• Guard votes:
o Legate (5/6)
o Nilp (1/2)
Sally:
• Lynch votes:
o Kit (7/7)
o Legate (12/12)
• Guard votes:
o Mnemo (1/2)
o Nienna
Nessa:
• Lynch votes:
o No Day One
o Legate (9/12)
• Guard votes:
o No Day One
o Nog (5/7)
Known Innocents are Underline

Last edited by Nienna; 09-05-2009 at 10:39 AM. Reason: typo
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #408
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
One thing I realised about this one-kill thing. Not only do the wolves prevent known innocents, but they are forcing us to change our strategy. If the wolves had done two kills, we would probably continue the strategy of guarding those who are suspicious to figure out their role. That means if those we suspect and choose to guard turn out innocent, the wolves lose potential lynch targets. Once those suspicious innocents are cleared, the wolves become much easier targets, especially if they are acting suspicious. But now since we can't know innocents, that strategy cannot work. So perhaps because a wolf (or more) was considered suspicious they decided to do the one-kill so that suspicious innocents who could be lynched would not be guarded and then cleared.

I should look back and see which players were attracting some suspicion in the previous Days. Right now, only wilwa and Inzil come to mind.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #409
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So I re-read all of Kit's posts again. Her guard vote for Hakon could have been a hint that he was her dream, but I'm not really sure about that. Her Brinn vote doesn't sound like she had dreamt of a wolfBrinn. Her post about wanting to see a red flag that read WOLF, but then saying that didn't happen, still sounds to me like she was saying she didn't dream a wolf. The fact that she was so strongly against The Plan, in my mind, strengthens this. Plus she kept mentioning "Mnemo and Wilwa's conversation" but then would never mention me and just concentrate on Mnemo, who should talked about quite a bit and who we now know was innocent.

I don't know. It's tough because I don't want to just throw away Kit's posts as being unimportant, but it really doesn't seem like there's anything concrete in there. The only people she mentioned were me, Mnemo, Brinn and Hakon. Out of the four it seems the most likely dreams were Mnemo and Hakon. And then of course she may have dreamt of someone else all together, which of course doesn't give us any info.

As for who I'm going to vote for. I'm tempted to go with Inzil, since I've been fairly suspicious of him since yesterDay, I may go back and re-read all his posts. I think I'm also going to take a closer look at Boro (after what Pitch brought up).
Old 09-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #410
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Okay, I'm here at last! First some comments on toDay, then probably the list I promised already yesterDay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp
Well, we got one good thing out of yesterDAY. Nogrod shall be innocent until proven guilty.
How's that? While I agree with the consensus that we can't derive from the one kill a conclusion that he's guilty, we can't overlook the possibility either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen (underlining mine)
++Inziladun. It's sort of out of him and Wilwa for me at the moment.

I don't like having to vote early each Day, but DL comes at a really bad time for me. Please don't everyone just pile on my vote this time! There are a good many other people that need looking at, notably Sally, Nilp and the ones who have hardly been around– Nessa, Brinniel etc.
I don't like the underlined part. It looks like resigning from the responsibility if Zil is lynched and turns out to be innocent. If you don't want others to vote for him, why vote for him yourself? It always gives me the creeps to see someone do that: pick an easy lynch target (and Inziladun surely is that, given that he's been suspected by quite many people), then vote, and end with a wish that others don't jump on it. If you suspect a person, you want others to vote him too!

List coming up. I also think I had something to comment on from yesterDay, but really can't remember what it was. Maybe I'll go and check.

EDIT: x-ed with Wilwa
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #411
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
CREEPY:
Nerwen - Generally she gives me good vibes (but she can be such a smooth wolf that that is no evidence I guess) but there have been a few things that disturb me about her. Her toDay's vote I commented on in my previous post, as well as a post of hers from yesterDay (I will look at that after this post) have made me uneasy.
Nogrod - Aaaargh. I still suspect him to some point, though he's been improving lately. His conduct, the way he seems to be decidedly of the opinion that an opinion differing from his own is less well thought of, makes me uneasy about him, because (like I believe I said on Day 1) an innocent needs to look at things from every possible perspective. And, on top of that, there is the NG thing. Now, I agree that no roles can be derived from the NG stuff, but it would just strike me as very odd that the wolves would let their advantage pass for a second time in a row (but then, I didn't get it the first time, either...)
satansaloser2005 - She is another I wanted to look at from yesterDay. There have been several things to make me wary of her, including her near-deadline behaviour on Day 1 and the post from yesterDay where she seemed to assume that Legate is innocent. I'll take a look at her if I have time.

NO IDEA:
alonariel - Well she'll be dead soon, won't she? Not much to say, therefore.
Brinniel - I'm so bad at reading her! She seems innocent, but she seems so every single time I play with her, regardless of her role.
Inziladun - No read.
McCaber - Likewise.
Nessa Telrunya - Who?
Pitchwife - I have a vague memory that I had something to point out about him but can't remember what it was.. So far I really can't say.
Shastanis Althreduin - Completely under my reindeer.
wilwarin538 - It would seem somehow too obvious if she was a wolf. Yet I have to admit some of the arguments against her do hold water. A difficult case.

CUDDLY:
Boromir88 - Hmmmmm. I've been sort of trusting him all along and am worried by that I don't even consider him a possible wolf. Nothing alarming this far, though.
Hakon - I disagree with him on many points but he seems innocent.
Nienna - No alarm bells.
Nilpaurion Felagund - Seems innocentish.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 09-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #412
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Sting

As I've said, I have no wish to vote for Nogrod this time. He certainly can't be considered totally innocent, but neither is he clearly wolfish.

Finding a wolf today is most imperative, as the double-kill option ought to be taken from them immediately.

I'm tempted to vote for the Fool toDay. I find his little-explained obsession with me somewhat disconcerting, and looking past the clever haikus and absurd quips might lead to something darker.

But...let's try this.

++ Brinniel

Just a feeling, with some comments from others for fuel.

++ Guard Pitchwife

He's made some good points. Could be valuable.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #413
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun
What comments? I think I've missed something...
Old 09-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #414
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Sting

a list, some the same from yesterDay, some totally changed:

Suspicious
Zil: his voting so far, all seems like he's trying to sound helpful and blend in, but it just doesn't seem right, may vote him
Boro: I was very sure of him until today, what Pitch said just made me curious so I read through his posts more thoroughly. He officially makes me very uneasy, and he just looks sneaky to me all of a sudden. Don't really have anything concrete that he's done badly, there's just something wrong there. Uneasy...might vote him, have to wait and see
McCaber: still seems off, probably won't vote for him, but I'm still watching him

Innocentish
Nerwen: nothing bad standing out for me here, she seems very logical, might vote to guard her
Nienna: fine with
Sally: seems goodish, not crazy confident about her, but I'm leaning more innocent
Shasta: seems good
Brinn: very comfortable with her, might vote to guard her
Hakon: he seems to be putting in more of an effort, which I appreciate
Pitch: I've gone from being confident to unsure to back to pretty good with

Unsure
Greenie: still under my radar, don't really know how that's happened, I may look closer at her at some point if I have the time
Alona: no posts yet, probably going to be modfired so I won't worry about her too much
Nessa: only the one post from her I believe, so not really anything
Nilp: makes me a bit weary, but he's helpful and amusing, so I don't really know
Nogrod: I don't find anything he's done suspicious, but just because of the single Night kill he's going into this category for a while

So that's that. I'll only be around randomly for the next 3ish hours, my vote will come then since I have to go to work about 30 minutes before the DL.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #415
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
satansaloser2005 - She is another I wanted to look at from yesterDay. There have been several things to make me wary of her, including her near-deadline behaviour on Day 1 and the post from yesterDay where she seemed to assume that Legate is innocent. I'll take a look at her if I have time.

Missed that post. Which was it? (there were so many )
Old 09-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #416
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Anyway, let's just say that if Legate does turn out to be innocent I'm going to feel awful. I think it would be stupid of us to let a Leg-Wolf get away so easily though.

What are you all thinking about guard-wise? I actually have a feeling about Brinn, but I'm not sure. I'd almost rather try to guard the fourth wolf (if in fact it isn't Legate) but we won't know until Sundown if he's furry so we can't make those sort of connections until toMorrow.
This one I'm assuming? Yes, this one is a bit odd. I think Legate even quoted it and said that originally she hadn't had that part in brackets but she edited that in after. But I really don't think this is much to go on, unless this isn't the one you were talking about Greenie.

Just realised I have more posts then Sally, I guess I'm not one to talk then. (regarding my last post)
Old 09-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #417
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Gamewise I'm really sorry, but I'm not able to continue toDay as I got a surprise visit which RL wise is quite nice...

Which leads me to think that toDay I should use the "abstain from voting" option as I feel I should have actually looked at the different possibilities more closely before voting. There are too many options around and I haven't read the thread since I last posted.

So

+- abstain

What I said the last time holds - but those thoughts do not have the wisdom of reading what you have said after them...

ToDay is no time for trying people out with guarding so I'll go with

++ guard Nerwen

If innocent, she would be valuable and guardable.

Make good decisons toDay! Good luck and I do hope to see you toMorrow!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #418
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I am going to start off this post by saying do not lynch Inziladun. I think the wolves set up last night so we either lynch Nogrod or Inziladun. Out of the four Inziladun voters, only two are alive. So far we have assumed they are innocent. The wolves expected us to make that assumption. They want us to lynch Inziladun. It is clear that both he and Nogrod are the prime lynch targets today. We should lynch neither of them.

One person I am somewhat suspicious of is Pitchwife. The reason is because he does not come off even the slightest bit suspicious in this game. In past games he has always been a gifted and has come off somewhat suspicious. I think it is obvious that he is either a wolf or an innocent.

Last edited by Hakon; 09-05-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Crossed with Nogrod
Hakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #419
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwa
This one I'm assuming? Yes, this one is a bit odd. I think Legate even quoted it and said that originally she hadn't had that part in brackets but she edited that in after. But I really don't think this is much to go on, unless this isn't the one you were talking about Greenie.
Yes, that one, and yes, Leggy quoted it yesterDay. It's not much, I know, but the point of view in it is just - wrong. Like, it was more probable that Legate was innocent, yet still she advocated his lynching as much as everybody else?

Who do you guys want to lynch? I wouldn't fancy making a throwaway vote.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #420
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Sting

Quote:
Yes, that one, and yes, Leggy quoted it yesterDay. It's not much, I know, but the point of view in it is just - wrong. Like, it was more probable that Legate was innocent, yet still she advocated his lynching as much as everybody else?

Who do you guys want to lynch? I wouldn't fancy making a throwaway vote.
Hmm, I see what you mean. Perhaps I'll bump her down to unsure.

It seems lots of people want to go for Inzil. I'm good with voting for him since I do find him suspicious (and have since yesterDay), but just the fact that this could be another bandwagon type thing (like Kit was, and like Legate definitely was) makes me uneasy. Just cause we haven't really had the best luck so far. But right now he seems to be one of our best options. Though I'd also be good with voting Boro, but I don't know how many other people would go for that, and I'd even like to see more from him before I'd be willing to do that anyway, since my suspicion of him is fairly new and it's more of an uneasyness anyway.

I don't know, it's tough. Considering how big of a group this is I'm not actually overly suspicious of many people and the ones I've gone after so far have all been innocent, so it's tough.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #421
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
I think it is obvious that he is either a wolf or an innocent.
Considering that we only have 2 known gifteds left this holds true for most players. Should we then lynch everyone? I do not like your reasoning Hakon.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #422
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
It seems lots of people want to go for Inzil. I'm good with voting for him since I do find him suspicious (and have since yesterDay), but just the fact that this could be another bandwagon type thing (like Kit was, and like Legate definitely was) makes me uneasy. Just cause we haven't really had the best luck so far. But right now he seems to be one of our best options. Though I'd also be good with voting Boro, but I don't know how many other people would go for that, and I'd even like to see more from him before I'd be willing to do that anyway, since my suspicion of him is fairly new and it's more of an uneasyness anyway.
I have nothing at all on Inzil, I suppose I should have a look at him to decide whether or not their is any sense in all that suspicion of him, but then if I have the time to look at someone I'd prefer to use it to looking at someone who is flying under the radar. Boro? Like I said I have nothing that points to him being a baddie, but then I have sort of thought him innocent and thus haven't looked for anything of that sort either..
Old 09-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #423
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry, got stolen away from the computer last night as I was starting on my analyses (yes, plural) so I'll finish the first three and then catch up again.

Also, fish.

EDIT: x'd with Greenie
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:58 PM   #424
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
Boro? Like I said I have nothing that points to him being a baddie, but then I have sort of thought him innocent and thus haven't looked for anything of that sort either..
Exactly what I had done as well, but after a re-read I started to become a bit uneasy about him. But like I said, probably not enough to vote for him today, unless he does something that really stands out or Inzil does something that makes me think better of him.

x'ed with Sally....fish?
Old 09-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #425
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Just some highlights from yesterDay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I'm going out in a bit but think it is interesting that there was only one kill. Of course it could be that Legate's a wolf (LYNCH!) or the wolves could be trying to frame him. But I think the former may be more likely because you would think the wolves would want to get two kills in whenever possible. And besides, if we decided Legate was innocent they could always kill him toMorrow Night or something. So....I don't know.
First post of the Day. She seems a bit careful, not wanting to go completely one way or another. Perhaps waiting to see the others' reactions before taking a side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
Ok so I think it is worth lynching Legate on the very possible chance that he is a wolf. Many people voted to guard him yesterday because he was being somewhat suspicious. We also need to keep the kills down to one now that we have lost our seer so lynching a wolf will be in our best interest.
Is the first to seem slightly certain of Legate's guilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I'm watching McCaber who pointed out the wolves may want to fake us out and only chose one kill, so we lynch the person we guarded the day before. Interesting theory, but most peculiar that McCaber points this out yesterday, Legate is guarded, and we awake with only one death.
Interesting catch, though it doesn't necessarily point to McCaber's guilt. His comment could've just given the wolves the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
I agree, though, that it does the wolves no good whatever to miss a kill in order to frame an innocent– unless one of the pack was in danger. If Legate's not a wolf, Wilwa might well be.
I believe was the first to come up with the theory that one or the other was a wolf. Many others continued to state that theory as the Day went on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp
It's either wilwa (to trace a connexion to Sally or Lommy) or Inziladun (possible Kitanna bandwaggon starter) for me. But since wilwa is speaking more sense:

++Inziladun
Is the first to vote and vote for Inzil. Not sure what to think of that.

Quote:
Just saw this. Thought I'd put it out there. It sounds funny to me.
Pointing out Legate's comment about being guarded.

Quote:
Exactly. So, I'm pretty sure Legate's gonna be our first wolf. Which will be lovely because we won't have had to ever experience the double Night kill.
Seems certain of his guilt and very eager to lynch him. But is that eagerness because she really did think we were going to nab a wolf or was she a wolf eager to lynch an innocent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
Legate I believe you will be our case study. If we lynch you (as I believe we should) and you turn out innocent then we know we cannot trust the guarding results. We would then obviously not keep lynching those people who we have guarded and resort back to lynching those with suspicious voting, actions, etc.
The way she says this almost sounds like she's expecting him to end up innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I'd almost rather try to guard the fourth wolf (if in fact it isn't Legate)
Legate pointed this out as a slip, though I'm not sure it is. It's just worded a bit strange, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
But somehow I can't believe for a moment both her and Legate are innocents. So if Legate turns out innocent for some reason I'd be looking at Wilwa the first thing toMorrow.
Interesting comment. But has he done that yet? I can't remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
Well, I'm back. And toDay has certainly been more interesting than I originally wanted. We have Legate arguing his innocence, and ... just about everyone but Legate wanting to lynch him.

Right now I'm not prepared to argue either way, but I'll stay connected and think about what this shows about the "everyone but Legate" crowd.
Comments on the situation, but seems to restrain from giving his own opinion on the matter.

Quote:
Every time I re-read everything Legate says he makes more and more sense to me. I see the merit that his ideas have. I don't think they're as likely as some other possibilities, but I do really respect the work he's put into them. I do however still think that lynching him would get us further along, if he's guilty (which I think is more probable) then that's awesome, if he happens to be innocent then it provides us with a better idea of what sort of wolves we're dealing with, and we can try to figure out who would have been more likely to agree/come up with such a risky bluff. I'm seeing that the latter is more possible then I originally thought it was, but I don't think it's as likely, so I'm willing to take the risk. Besides, if we did lynch someone else instead we would just be back to wondering what to do with Legate tomorrow (not to mention we could accidently kill another gifted), and we wouldn't really have accomplished to much regarding that subject. So it's our best bet really, despite the risk.
It is strange she shares a moment of doubt not long after the theory that either she or Legate is a wolf is discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
++ Nogrod

mostly because he's been making a lot of sense, and I'd rather see him alive
Quote:
Alright. Well I'll still be aroud til the DL but I'm just gonna do this now to avoid the rush:

++ Guard Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
++Guard Nogrod

for Cab's reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon
++Nogrod

I am voting him for the same reason as Cab and Inzil.
Interesting. These votes look particularly bad from Inzil and Hakon. Very bandwagonish.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #426
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
But...let's try this.

++ Brinniel

Where did this come from? Inzil, you seem to have this habit of latching onto other people's opinions.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:55 PM   #427
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Thoughts at this time...

Suspicious:
Inzil
wilwa
Sally

Keeping a close eye on:
McCaber
Nienna

Under the radar (and should be better looked at toMorrow):
Greenie
Boromir
Nessa
Pitchwife

Not sure:
Nilp
Hakon
Nogrod

Leaning Innocent:
Shasta
Nerwen

I left out alona since it looks like she will be modfired.

A lot of this is really based on yesterDay and before. I haven't had a chance yet to really look closely at toDay's posts and unfortunately, I won't have time to do so since I must go soon.

EDIT: Three posts in a row? Where did everyone go?
Old 09-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #428
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok must vote as I'm not going to be around for deadline.

I'm not comfortable with Zil or Pitchwife. I've had suspicions of Zil longer than Pitchwife so I'm going to vote him today.

++Zil

and I don't know if I trust any of you right now. I would like to see Shasta kept around for another day though.

++ Guard Shasta

Edit: X-ed with Brinn
Old 09-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #429
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Change of plans for me. There's a chance I may not be able to get back on later, so just in case I'm gonna play it safe and vote now:

++Inzil

and

++Guard Nerwen

If I can't make it back later then it's goodbye from me for now.

x'ed with Nienna
Old 09-05-2009, 02:05 PM   #430
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Considering that we only have 2 known gifteds left this holds true for most players. Should we then lynch everyone? I do not like your reasoning Hakon.
I know. In the part of my post that you quoted I was simply stating the obvious.

I thought about it some more and I think Pitchwife is innocent. So far he has only had the role of gifteds so it is logical that he would given the role of an innocent this time. He also is coming off as innocent in this game whereas when he has had the role of a gifted he has not come off as innocent.

++Pitchwife

People, do not vote Inziladun. As I have said earlier the wolves want this. Do not vote for him. The wolves have set it up so we either end up lynching Inziladun today or the guard from last night which is Nogrod. We should not lynch either of them.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #431
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon you worry me more and more each time you post.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #432
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
One person I am somewhat suspicious of is Pitchwife. The reason is because he does not come off even the slightest bit suspicious in this game. In past games he has always been a gifted and has come off somewhat suspicious. I think it is obvious that he is either a wolf or an innocent.
Well observed. Indeed, I find this current lack of suspicion quite surprising myself. Can't somebody suspect me, please? I've got used to it by now. And I mean, look, I had quite a part in the NG-test discussion, I voted to lynch our Seer on Day 1 and another innocent yesterDay, I was part of the Nogrod Guardwagon, and now I start suspecting someone I voted to Guard earlier, while defending a heavily suspected Inzil, who in turn votes to Guard me! Surely a case can be made from that?

I'm more or less torn about wilwa - there have been good points made against her, but also good points by herself. And I'm not sure whether I suspect Boro enough to vote him, at least not without giving him a chance to speak for himself.
Where is our psychic apothecary when we need him?

(x-ed from Brinn's #427 onwards. Nienna, thanks for the long-missed suspicion! I appreciate it.)
Old 09-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #433
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

How strange it is that two people just voted to guard both players I find innocent. A coincidence?

Well, I'm still voting for one of them anyway. Since Nerwen has been more useful to this village compared to Shasta who's hardly posted, I'll choose to keep her around toNight.

++Nerwen

Now who do lynch? I'm quite suspicious about Inzil too, but I'm a bit wary of this massive bandwagon against him. Has anyone else received votes? Oh yeah, me.

wilwa looks pretty bad too, but I wonder if she would act in such an obvious manner as a wolf. Hmm..

Sally still looks suspicious, but I don't think enough to vote her.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #434
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Bandwagon or no, his behaviour is still the most suspicious to me.

++Inziladun

And hopefully this bandwagon won't result in the same disaster as yesterDay.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #435
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, I'm here, but I don't know for how long. Man, this is just not working with my schedule so far.

I am glad that Nogrod seems innocent, and no one is considering lynching him just because of the one kill. One thing that comes to mind is that the pack must want to draw the game out, rather than use the two kills to achieve a faster victory. Maybe it speaks of (over)confident wolves, or maybe of submarines who blend into the background.

And I will say that I still think The Plan was a bad idea. A revealed Seer is vulnerable, and we would have no real way of testing the veracity of such a claim.

EDIT: crossed with Brinn
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #436
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

I don't like this bandwagon. It looks too easy. (One can argue why I seem to want things as complicated as possible...) I still haven't managed to form an opinion on Inziladun. I don't have time to do so now.

I get the feeling that whether I join the bandwagon or not my vote will not make that big a difference. Anyhow, I will not join in, because I can see people more suspicious than him. Such as

++ Sally

Because she is the one of the people I suspect at the moment to be most likely to gain another vote from someone. I'm still considering my guard vote.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #437
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

I'll guard

++ Pitchwife

Because he seems to me like a possible Night kill target and seems to have gained some votes already so won't be a waste vote.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #438
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Where is everyone?
Old 09-05-2009, 03:03 PM   #439
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry, got kidnapped again. Reading and finishing things up, so be back soon I hope.

Anyone love me enough to do a vote tally?

EDIT: x'd with Green
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #440
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
I don't like this bandwagon. It looks too easy. (One can argue why I seem to want things as complicated as possible...)
Applause, applause! To me it looks downright appalling. Now maybe I'm just too stupid to really get what the case against him actually is, maybe I also want to think too complicated, but it just looks way too much like Zil has been set up as toDay's target by the wolves, as Legate was yesterDay, if in a different way; and I'm quite determined not to be part of the wagon this time.
True, Zil has acted in a somewhat shady and maybe a little too guarded manner (no pun intended), but it just occurred to me this might be because he's an innocent with a secret role... ? Let's not repeat the mistake we made with Kit!