The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #921
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Also, Nienna, darling, what makes you so sure I'm innocent?

(I'm not complaining, mind, but she's been far too trusting of me and I want to know why, so's I know she's not trying to make me all snuggly and then eat me or something.)
You just don't seem like Wolf-Sally.

Are you a wolf?
Old 08-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #922
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Here's a wacky idea that's zany. Maybe Zeus didn't want us to have a ranger (read, seer, because I'm an idiot and got distracted as I was typing) so we'd do the work ourselves. In that case, who would do that? Phantom?
I seriously doubt that, because he's made it harder for himself to win as well The only real motive he could have had for that is revenge, twisted though it is.

Since examining the comments and interactions of the known (and all but known) wolves is our best option at the moment, I remembered this from I think, yesterDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
I feel like making a list:

Look good to me

Lalaith: I feel quite good about, makes good sense.
Kath: though she hasn't posted much I'm getting very good vibes, I especially appreciate her last post, she couldn't come on much but still was sure to cover basically every major topic.
Nerwen: though I get what Nog was trying to say, I'm going to give Nerwen the benefit of the doubt here, I really think it was just banter.
Rikae: just seems like regular Rikae to me
Obviously there's at least one packmate in her "looks good" list, very possibly two, but probably not all three of them. That would be a bit risky, even though Wilwa hadn't been under any major suspicion up to that time. Rikae is a wolf, leaving Kath, Nerwen and Lalaith. What she says about Kath could be noteworthy. More on that in a moment.

Quote:
Under my reindeer/not enough posts

Tum
Nienna

Zil (but he's posted a lot, so I don't know why, just nothing has stood out I guess)
Lottie
Mira
Shasta
If there's a wolf here, the likelihood is that it's Nienna. I'm not convinced of it, but she looks worse than the other two. I feel pretty good about Mira, and really don't know about Shasta. I keep forgetting about him.

Quote:
Iffy/Confused about, but not necessarily willing to vote for

Sally: I can't even explain why, it's purely a gut a thing, and the usual confusion that comes along with her.
Phantom: cause he's the Phantom, and ya never know with him. But he seems to be fairly logical, and I don't see what's so touchy about his posts. I really wouldn't want to get rid of a big poster though either. So I'll stick with being 'wary of' but not willing to get rid of yet.
Folwren: she seems to constantly be second guessing herself, or making it sound like we should overlook her posts or not take them seriously. Which I find fairly odd.
Greenie: plain and simple, I just have no idea.
Nog: mostly is quite reasonable, but he accuses tp of being touchy, and then seems quite touchy himself. And even though I understand his point about Nerwen, I just feel like he got overly sensitive about people not agreeing with him (even if there was some confusion about english curse words). But again, like the Phantom, I'd hate to get rid of a big poster so early.
I cut off her remarks on Steve, but they obviously don't matter. Hard to tell anything from that, except that she casts a bit of suspicion on Folwren with a specific point, which may make Foley look less likely as a mate. Or not.

The post from Kath that induced Wilwa to put her at the top of the trust list was this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Warning: stream of consciousness.

The major Nog/Greenie/phantom argument is revolving around the idea of hints, yes? Basically, that hints were seen in Boro's posts, and it turned out that rather than the Hades hint that everyone leaped on being an actual hint, it was those relating to being the Seer that was in fact real. I'm not quite sure where I'm going here. It just feels like a lot of people are saying 'well look Boro's hints turned out to be truthful ... therfore Nerwen's and Mac's potential hints must also be right'. But Nerwen mentioned Hades not anything else (that I noticed - though I didn't notice Boro's Seer hints so that's not saying much) - and Boro's Hades 'hint' turned out to be nothing. I'm confusing myself. It just feels slightly hypocritical I think. If you'd been right about Boro hinting to be Hades you can't be right about Boro hinting to be the Seer and vice versa - he wasn't both. Also, whatever hints Boro may or may not have left, and whether he was the true Seer or the false Seer - it is likely we'll need more than the evidence from one Day to be able to read a huge amount into them.

In short (ish) - those who are focused so heavily on these hints seem suspicious to me. I know, I know that right now these are interesting and discussion-producing ... but the focus is causing these major ructions that are a beautiful distraction whether for the current loudmouths or for those who are quietly letting them get on with it.

Couple of questions probably aimed at the Mod - do we get any information in the narrations as to what has happened with the Mythomaniac? I think I saw that asked earlier but didn't see an answer. Will we know if we've not got more wolves? Also, there were questions about the Cobbler - is there a Cobbler as a separate role or is the Cursed pretty much a Cobbler?

Then there was the Eonwe/Dionysus business. I don't really know Eonwe's playing style. There are players who might well announce their role (within the boundaries of the game) Day 1 and sit back to watch everyone argue it out. Fea comes to mind. Is Eonwe that bold a player?

I'm glad those who were a bit quieter yesterDay seem to be back toDay and getting involved. In this game I don't think so many quiet players are likely to be lynched - Blind Guardian was probably a bit of an exception and unlucky to be playing in a game with so many veterans who just wanted to get on with it. That said, and despite my appalling hypocrisy here given I'm going to manage one post toDay, I hope the attention keeps up. Like I said, with loudmouths arguing it's too easy for quieter players to slip under the radar ... not actually that we have that many.

Anyway. Bedtime for me, especially as I'm starting to ramble. So from what I've said above my main suspects have to be Nogrod, phantom and Greenie. Nog and phantom have both reacted over-zealously, bringing emotion and sarcasm into play much more than Greenie which sort of logically makes me suspect them more. Nog I have seen act this way before. phantom I don't recall having done it. phantom is generally calm (as I recall) when suspected as a wolf, but I wouldn't put it past him to put on a show to negate that. Nog's 'do you read what other's post thing' I found quite odd and actually quite rude, and despite having seen him overreact in this way before this does seem to have blown up over two different ways of looking at a point - a dichotomy he has accepted in the past.

So:

++NOGROD
Nog quickly questioned Wilwa's trust for Kath based on that post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Talking about finding anomalies...
Oh my! That (ADDED: Kath's post) was the most un-educated and well, muddled up post I've seen for a while. I mean she totally messed things up, like talking about Boro's Hades-hints (which?) being an issue or generally just saying that most that we have actually achieved is suspicious.

It's clear Kath has not have time to read or to think. She actually more or less admits it in her post. And that's fine. Everyone does not have time everyDay. And she's also a most lovable person. But still, and because of that, her post doesn't in any case earn that praise Wilwa makes of it. Which makes me wonder what the purpose of that praise was...
This was Wilwa's response.

Quote:
That was kind of the point that I was ok with it. She clearly didn't have a lot of time to read or post, and yet still managed to at least somewhat touch on the big subjects. I didn't say that it made a ton of sense, just that I appreciated her effort, which is much more than other less active people have done. It was far better than just saying "oh, I have no time to even try and post so I'll just vote random".
I was focused on Tum yesterDay, I admit, so I just took note of this mentally and moved on. Now that Wilwa's known to be a wolf, this ought to be examined.
Was Kath's effort worthy of her going into Wilwa's most trusted ranks? It does seem to stick out, in that Wilwa looks to have been waiting for a reason to praise Kath, who had been about as submarine-like as one could be.
Kath if I'm not mistaken though, is looking at a modfire toDay if she doesn't vote. And if she's a wolf, she's been extremely uninvolved with helping her mates.

x/d with a couple of Niennas and Sallys.

Last edited by Inziladun; 08-01-2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: fixed bolding
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #923
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Are you kidding Inzil? I missed yesterDay due to busyness and ... ahem ... drunkenness. But I caught up on yesterDay and I know the rules - I'm not about to cause the player list to drop any further after toDay's happenings with a Shirriff AND our true Seer gone. The latter of which by the way ... what?! What was that about? We clearly have a maniacal Zeus or one who has decided they're not on the side of the village.

Plus my vote is obvious in light of Tum being proven right about Nog.

++RIKAE

I do need to read over things in more depth, but I'm around for the next three hours to do that - I just wanted to vote now so as to avoid any possible modfiring!
Old 08-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #924
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Are you kidding Inzil? I missed yesterDay due to busyness and ... ahem ... drunkenness. But I caught up on yesterDay and I know the rules - I'm not about to cause the player list to drop any further after toDay's happenings with a Shirriff AND our true Seer gone. The latter of which by the way ... what?! What was that about? We clearly have a maniacal Zeus or one who has decided they're not on the side of the village.

Plus my vote is obvious in light of Tum being proven right about Nog.

++RIKAE[/B]

I do need to read over things in more depth, but I'm around for the next three hours to do that - I just wanted to vote now so as to avoid any possible modfiring!
As my last sentence indicated, I didn't conclude that you must be a wolf. As a matter of fact, looking over things myself the last half hour or so has given me another possibility about you.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #925
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I can't keep up this not doing lists thing so I apologise but that is what is coming in the next couple of posts as it will help me work out where we are right now. And hey it might be useful to some others too!

Known roles:
Blind Guardian - Aphrodite so Lover.
Boro - Hermes and false Seer (by default).
Eonwe - mortal.
Tum - Apollo and true Seer.
Nog - Poseidon.
Lottie - Artemis so Hunter.
wilwa - Hera so wolf and Lover.
Mac - Hercules so Shirriff.
Rikae - Ares so wolf (by Tum's dream).

Which means we have left:
Zeus - who is apparently not on the side of the village. Had the choice to kill, protect, see the role of a player or have an extra vote. Chose to kill the true Seer. Now powerless - should be an innocent from now ... apparently not.
Hestia - mythomaniac who is either true or false Seer.
Hades - wolf and Lover.
Persephone - Lover.
Demeter - protector of Persephone.
Hebe - only remaining Shirriff and so now just an innocent.
Hephaestus - wolf.
Pan - ranger.
Dionysus - cursed ... who as far as we know has not been turned?
Eros - Hunting Guardian.
Athena - Goddess of Wisdom.

Soooo, those who are actually evil and intending to harm the village:
Hades
Hephaestus
Persephone (possibly)

Those who potentially may be harmful to the village:
Zeus ... apparently.
Demeter
Dionysus - as they know they're the cursed they could choose to be on the wolves side.

Those who are definitely on the side of good:
Hestia - by now they must know if they're the true or false Seer and either way they're on the side of the village.
Hebe
Pan
Eros
Athena

Unknown roles:
Mira
Inzil
Nienna
Nerwen
Folwren
Lalaith
Greenie
Shasta
phantom
sally
Kath
- putting myself in so this list tallies with the number of roles.

So, looking at those unknowns next.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #926
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Foley:
24Lottie talks a lot, Nerwen seems sensible, Wilwa seems all right
30 – Doesn’t want to lynch Phantom; thinks Rikae’s idea of lynching the seer sounds dangerous
84 – Hunch that Kath and Nog are NOT among the lovers but if they are then they aren’t innocent lovers (for discussing the role)
96 – Votes Steve for trying but not succeeding at being natural

Day 2
420 – Doesn’t think we should kill Nog or Phantom

Day 3
756 – Thinks Nog and Nerwen (and their interaction) is suspicious but Nerwen more so than Nog (for gut feelings); thinks Tum looks suspicious; thinks Phantom still innocent; opinion of Sally uncertain; Mac’s distrust of Zil and Wilwa stands out.
834 – Can’t bring her self to vote Nog because she doesn’t mistrust him. Votes Lottie instead.
841 – Talks about possible nightly PMs. This post is the strongest that makes me think she’s not a wolf. I don’t know if a wolf would be daring enough to talk about possible PMs openly on the thread

Day 4
872 – Isn’t sure why people are sure Nerwen’s not a wolf I’m wondering the exact same thing… I’m actually becoming rather suspicious of Nerwen just from reading other people’s posts including Wilwa’s and Rikae’s; wishes Greenie weren’t gone so she could explain her suspicion of Mac

Conclusions: I’m thinking that she is probably not a wolf. Her posts and ideas regarding roles and wolves just don’t seem like stuff a wolf would say. This isn’t to say she’s not a very sneaky wolf but I don’t think so.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #927
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

List:

Inoocent:
Nienna

Leaning Innocent:
Foley
Sally
Mira
Kath

Unsure:
Zil
Lal
Greenie
Shasta
Phantom

Leaning Wolf:
Nerwen

Wolf:
Rikae
Old 08-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #928
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Right, couple of disclaimers. This takes hours. And with Day 1 being 8 pages (!!!) I'm not going to have time to do more than that. Now, you might say, why not look at later Days. Well, because I think that on Day 1 people are slightly less cautious - feeling more able to hide in early banter. By Day 3 with some roles revealed by kill/lynch and just generally fewer people hiding is not so easy. Also, we know the lynch toDay, so I have toMorrow to continue this. (Listens for groans of despair at that statement!)

Mira - thinks the hints being talked about were probably not serious. Repeats that Boro couldn't be Lover-hinting if Zeus. Refused to vote for possible hinters given what she said earlier - fair enough. Boro and Eonwe turned out to be innocent though, so this could be good cover for Nerwen if she and Mira are both wolves.

Inzil - "Singling out possible gifteds? You're clearly a wolf." To Rikae. Probably joking but possibly not if also a wolf. Supported Nog on suspecting Eonwe. Says Boro doesn't sit right, suspects Mac just because, and wants to vote BG for no substance. Pretty much going with the top talkers/suspects of the Day. The BG vote was the same lines as mine, I just wonder about it because Inzil seemed to have more reasoning for a Mac vote.

Nienna - ignores phantom, praises wilwa (for what?). Says Eonwe 'slipping' bears watching. Votes for Eonwe in case he's the Cursed. Well it's consistent.

Nerwen - please, tell me for my sanity, are you typo-ing Folwren every time deliberately? Hmm, and about Zeus says: "Well, I'd hope so, but some people will have it that a surviving Lover has automatically lost anyway" - so could be someone who if Zeus would want the village to lose. Defending herself against Mac using 'he only suspected me after I suspected him'. Didn't think Eonwe was the Cursed. Voted Nog as wasn't happy with the BG/Eonwe bandwagons.

Folwren - Day 1 felt bad about Lottie, thinks Nerwen sensible and wilwa seems alright. Defends phantom and suspects Rikae. Not sure Foley would mention packmates at all ... which makes me think fairly well of Nerwen. Voted Eonwe as he seemed to be trying to hard to be innocent.

Lalaith - under the radar to me. But: "many seem to have taken too freely of Ganymede's cups" - Dionysus hint? And: "particularly as Zeus himself is not whole-heartedly allied to the village" - our odd Zeus? Voted Boro because the vote 'could throw up something useful'. Need to check if that was ever explained - as in, did it?

Greenie - said wouldn't vote wilwa or Foley Day 1 and thought Nerwen innocentish. If Greenie were a wolf this would make me think Foley and Nerwen probably weren't. List post, only suspicions were of Mac, voted him. Clearly proven wrong now ... but then Gifteds often get confused for wolves.

Shasta - thinks Nerwen and Nog both innocent, Boro wasn't hinting, and votes Eonwe in case he's the Cursed. By the way what was the bolding on 'light of my life' about?

phantom - may not be our odd Zeus given his comment to Boro about not feeling too free about where to place loyalties. Also as when talking about lynching the Seer he says: "Quite right, it will keep him from leading us astray with his false dreams later on. Good idea!" And as he was talking with Boro about his Seer hints I'm fairly sure this means he thought Boro the false Seer. Not sure he'd be so blase about offing the true one. Plus he says: "If Hera dies, then isn't he at that point on the side of the village." Thinks Mac and Nerwen innocent. Also doesn't agree that Eonwe is Dionysus.

sally - hints toward maybe being an ordo. So you know what I hate? A post with 3 paragraphs about not being able to post properly and an edit ... that then contains an unexplained vote. Just saying. Anyway, votes BG without explanation - did we get one later?

Ok, posting this now. Thoughts in addition to those I've noted as I've gone to follow.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #929
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
This is for my own convenience, because I'm OCD about having lists of stuff so I can remember what's going on.

The Known
Wilwa (Hera, lover wolf)
Boro (Hermes, false seer)
BG (Aphrodite, wolf lover)
Lottie (Artemis, hunter)
Steve (mortal)
Tum (Apollo, true seer)
Rikae (Ares, wolf)
Mac (Hercules, shirriff)
Nog (Poseidon, unicorn)

Therefore, unknown players....
Kath
Mira
Zil
Nienna
Nerwen
Folwren
Lalaith
Greenie
Shasta
Phantom
Sally (to the rest of you anyway)

And unassigned/unfound roles....
Zeus (lover wolf)
Hestia (seer, but which?)
Hades (lover wolf
Persephone (wolf lover)
Demeter (special knowledge ordo)
Hebe (shirriff, now ordo since Mac’s gone)
Hephaestus (lover wolf, now wolf since BG’s dead)
Pan (ranger)
Dionysus (cursed, so far unturned)
Eros (ranger/hunter combination)
Athena (special knowledge ordo)

Back in a second with lists of guilt/innocence.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #930
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Guilty, period
Rikae

Leaning guilty
Foley (for both her talking freely of possible gifteds and just plain weirdness, among other things)

Feeling icky about them
Mira
Nerwen (?)
Nienna (she's being too nice to me maybe?)

No idea
Kath
Shasta

Leaning innocent
Greenie
Phantom (although a possible Zeus)
Lal
Dun

Brilliant and safe
Sally
Old 08-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #931
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Ok, final thoughts.

Mira - I don't really know. If Nerwen's a wolf I think Mira more likely to be, but then she's most likely too good a player to leave such obvious trails. Not sure.

Inzil - just wondering about the choice of BG over Mac. If that's explained well then I'm leaning innocent.

Nienna - was consistent but not so much involved. Not sure.

Nerwen - don't know. Avoiding the BG/Nog thing completely can equally be a sign of a confused innocent or an avoiding wolf. Nerwen I kind of doubt would be an avoiding wolf. I don't doubt she'd be a wolf masquerading as a confused innocent. Not sure about her. Would like to know her role as I find others dependent on it. But that's not a good enough reason for a lynch really.

Folwren - feels innocent. Could be tricksy and false. If a wolf then I think Nerwen innocent. Not sure.

Lalaith - somehow avoided all the hint talk that surrounded Boro/Nerwen/Eonwe. Interesting. A wolf with packmates avoiding it? Or had everyone decided hints meant nothing by now?

Greenie - could have been a wolf going after a beleaguered Mac. Could have been an innocent misunderstanding a Gifted way of playing. Not sure.

Shasta - nothing to go on there.

phantom - well I don't think he's Zeus. Not sure if he's a wolf.

sally - again another who got away with hints. Well, not so much hints as kind of announcing she has some kind of innocent role.

So:
I'd be interested to find out Nerwen's role because I think it will give out quite a lot of information. Lalaith I think could be wolvish. sally could easily be bluffing. Deeper looks at these three tomorrow.

And now to bed.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #932
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Oh and sally? Did your roles list about two posts further up.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #933
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Inzil - just wondering about the choice of BG over Mac. If that's explained well then I'm leaning innocent.
Busy, and about to walk out the door for a bit, but I thought I'd address this. As I said (once or twice ) Mac and I seem to have a history of suspecting one another from the start of every game. Because of that, I've become hesitant of voting for him early without more to go on.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #934
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sally, dear?
Old 08-01-2010, 05:58 PM   #935
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Nerwen - please, tell me for my sanity, are you typo-ing Folwren every time deliberately.
Nah, I kept reading her name that way. I only just realised the proper spelling. Sorry, Foley.

Now I just want to correct a couple of things you've said here:
Quote:
Hmm, and about Zeus says: "Well, I'd hope so, but some people will have it that a surviving Lover has automatically lost anyway" - so could be someone who if Zeus would want the village to lose.
No. People– starting with Rikae, I might add– have been reading evil plots into the fact that I said this– but at the time, the rules about the Lovers hadn't been clarified– that was the point of the discussion. I was worried that if Hera died, and Zeus had no way to win, he'd take it out on the village. (Which he did anyway, for some reason– and no, I wouldn't have done that, if it was me. I like winning.)

Quote:
Defending herself against Mac using 'he only suspected me after I suspected him'.
No– because he didn't start suspecting me until other people went after him because he'd said I could be Hades, then did nothing about it. Do you see the difference?
Old 08-01-2010, 06:02 PM   #936
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
sally - again another who got away with hints. Well, not so much hints as kind of announcing she has some kind of innocent role.
But everyone has a role in this game, Kath.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #937
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Those who potentially may be harmful to the village:
Zeus ... apparently.
Er... you call what he did "potential"?
Old 08-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #938
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
But everyone has a role in this game, Kath.
She said she though I had some kind of innocent role, not just a role in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Er... you call what he did "potential"?
Potentially (and in fact definitely) harmful, yes.

Nerwen, have you taken to not understanding/twisting words?
Old 08-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #939
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Okay then, it may end up that I don't participate at all in the debate today. I'm RL socializing with Tum and Sally (no we're not discussing Werewolf Devin!), plus it's obvious who we're lynching today. If I'm still around tomorrow I'll try and do some good reading and extensive commentary and accusing etc.

And since everyone voting the same way is boring...

++ Sally
Old 08-01-2010, 07:07 PM   #940
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*cough cough* Sally you are avoiding my question.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #941
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Nerwen, have you taken to not understanding/twisting words?
No, have you? She said you "got away with hints" because you suggested you were an innocent gifted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I was pointing out that that's not fair. It illustrates what I don't like about Kath's approach: she basically wasn't playing the first few Days, and now she's analysing early posts by just skimming and guessing at the context. Yes, I accept that it takes too long to read the whole thing, but I've just got to question how useful it is at all.

As a more general thing, I just don't like it– who does?– when submarine players finally surface late in the game, and then trade on how "clean" they've managed to keep themselves. And we've got a whole fleet of subs in this game (though what subs are doing on Mt Olympus is another matter).

EDIT:X'd with Nienna.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #942
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
*cough cough* Sally you are avoiding my question.
It's fun to see you squirm, m'dear.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #943
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
No, have you? She said you "got away with hints" because you suggested you were an innocent gifted.

I was pointing out that that's not fair. It illustrates what I don't like about Kath's approach: she basically wasn't playing the first few Days, and now she's analysing early posts by just skimming and guessing at the context. Yes, I accept that it takes too long to read the whole thing, but I've just got to question how useful it is at all.

As a more general thing, I just don't like it– who does?– when submarine players finally surface late in the game, and then trade on how "clean" they've managed to keep themselves. And we've got a whole fleet of subs in this game (though what subs are doing on Mt Olympus is another matter).
Okay, got it now. Sorry, I thought you were questioning her wording on my innocent role hints rather than just role hints. Misunderstood. *blushes*
Old 08-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #944
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
It's fun to see you squirm, m'dear.
Fine then, it's very easy to move you to the top of my suspects list. You are now acting like Wolf-Sally. Not good, my dear, not good. It also doesn't help that Tum suspected you heavily and you had an interesting interaction with Rikae yesterDay.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #945
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Fine then, it's very easy to move you to the top of my suspects list. You are now acting like Wolf-Sally. Not good, my dear, not good. It also doesn't help that Tum suspected you heavily and you had an interesting interaction with Rikae yesterDay.
Whatever makes you happy. It's not like I can say who I am anyway.

Goodness, is there no power in subtlety anymore?
Old 08-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #946
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Whatever makes you happy. It's not like I can say who I am anyway.

Goodness, is there no power in subtlety anymore?
I didn't ask you who you were... just if you were a wolf
Old 08-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #947
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I didn't ask you who you were... just if you were a wolf
I've already said numerous times that I was an innocent.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:35 PM   #948
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Now I feel like I'm out of the loop. Okay, Nienna, I presume there's some reason why you think asking Sally if she's a wolf will get results. Care to share it with the class?
Old 08-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #949
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Now I feel like I'm out of the loop. Okay, Nienna, I presume there's some reason why you think asking Sally if she's a wolf will get results. Care to share it with the class?
She's just trying to be tricksy, that's all.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #950
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
She's just trying to be tricksy, that's all.
But... but...
Old 08-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #951
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I was wondering how she would respond. Some people would joke, others become nervous, etc. I believe I've gotten what I was looking for.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:43 PM   #952
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Okay then, it may end up that I don't participate at all in the debate today. I'm RL socializing with Tum and Sally (no we're not discussing Werewolf Devin!), plus it's obvious who we're lynching today. If I'm still around tomorrow I'll try and do some good reading and extensive commentary and accusing etc.

And since everyone voting the same way is boring...

++ Sally
Thank you, phantom. Isn't he great, ladies? Now Mr. phantom, if you'll just go with these nice men...

Quote:
I was wondering how she would respond. Some people would joke, others become nervous, etc. I believe I've gotten what I was looking for.
If you say so.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #953
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

To recap the voting for Day 4 thus far (not that it's difficult):

Greenie--> Rikae
Lalaith--> Rikae
Inzil--> Rikae
Nerwen--> Rikae
Shasta--> Rikae
Nienna--> Rikae
Kath--> Rikae
tp--> Sally

Hasn't voted: Sally, Folwren, Mira

Last edited by Inziladun; 08-01-2010 at 08:12 PM. Reason: added Mira to list
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #954
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
And I got what I was looking for. Isn't sharing a beautiful thing?
Old 08-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #955
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
And I got what I was looking for. Isn't sharing a beautiful thing?
Mmmhm as long as you all stay away from a particular Formy
Old 08-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #956
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Mmmhm as long as you all stay away from a particular Formy
Bahahahaha!
Old 08-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #957
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
No time to read a word. Just wanted to get here and vote -

++Rikae
Old 08-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #958
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Ridiculous amount of family drama going on. No time to comment, but sort of read.

++Rikae
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #959
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Has anyone posted a complete voting break-down (every single day in one post)? That would be super.

And I see old Mac is dead. See? I was right about him too. Hey, I realize I'm not setting the world on fire this game, but I have at least correctly called BG, Steve, Lottie, and Mac. That earns me some points, right?

I don't like Folwren as much any more. I thought it was possible that she was a Seer actually because of some things she said Day 1 and 2, and now I wonder if she was paving for a false reveal.

And Meeper- I still think she's insane, but probably innocent.

Kath- she looks pretty good. Nothing to do with being a Wolf, of course, but just thought I'd mention it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Oh, did I mention? MY PLAN WAS FLIPPING BRILLIANT AND WOULD HAVE SAVED OUR SEER! *chills* I'm. Just. Sayin'
No, it wasn't. And no, it wouldn't have. You're deluded.

And your mother is a hamster.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #960
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Voting tally for all three Days.

Known roles at time of posting:
Blind Guardian: Aphrodite (Lover). Boro: Hermes (False Seer). Eonwe: Ordo. Nogrod: Poseidon (Unicorn). Lottie: Artemis (Hunter). Wilwa: Hera (Wolf). Mac: Hercules (Shirriff). tum: Apollo (true Seer). Rikae: Ares (Wolf).

Day One votes

Folwren --> Eonwe
Greenie --> Mac
Kath --> Blind Guardian
Lalaith --> Boromir
Zil --> BG 2
Nienna --> Eonwe 2
Sally --> BG 3
Nog --> Nerwen
Wilwa --> BG 4
Mira --> BG 5
Rikae --> the phantom
Mac --> Nerwen 2
Blind Guardian --> Zil
Shasta --> Eonwe 3
Lottie --> Eonwe 4
Tum --> BG 6
Boro --> Eonwe 5
Eonwe --> BG 7
Nerwen --> Nogrod

Didn't vote: the phantom.

Day Two votes

Greenie --> Mac
Shasta --> Nog
Kath --> Nog (2)
Lalaith --> Eonwe
Nog --> Eonwe (2)
Wilwa --> Eonwe (3)
Nienna --> Eonwe (4)
Inzil --> Eonwe (5)
Rikae --> Rikae
Loslote --> Nog (3)
autume --> Nog (4)
the phantom --> Eonwe (6)
Mac --> Eonwe (7)
Eonwe --> Nog (5)
Nerwen --> Eonwe (8)

Didn't vote: Wilwa, Mira, Folwren, Sally.

Day Three votes

Nog --> Lottie
Greenie --> Nog
Lal --> Lottie
Zil --> Tum
Wilwa --> Tum
Mira --> Phantom
Mac --> Lottie (3)
Rikae --> Tum
Nienna --> Tum (4)
Tum --> Rikae
Sally --> Nog (2)