Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2007, 02:26 PM   #521
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley
Hopefully, we'll be able to finish the banquet night sometime in the near future. Unfortunately for you and others who's characters are not at the feast, there are a few little plans still to be played out.
I have already schemes going on with Lalaith... thank's to her observations! There is something we built up on between Fastarr and Embla in the beginning of the game and we might try to carry that thing forwards now...

But thanks for your thoughts... the structure of this game is somewhat more challenging to the average writer, but we'll get along as you others dragged on while the borrim were having their "feast" with the elves...
Old 07-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #522
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Elempi, good post. Unfortunately, I am leaving for camp tomorrow and I'm too exhausted now to write a post before I go. I don't know when I'll be able to reply, but I will try to do so sometime in the near future. I will try hard to do it during camp...but I can't promise it. Latest will be Friday.

So sorry.

-- Folwren
Old 07-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #523
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I suppose Ulwarth or Ulfast could overhear and answer for Uldor....? But I can wait.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:27 PM   #524
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I will be gone July 11-17 to help my mother sort out her living arrangements. (She's 96.) When I return, I'll figure out a way to revive Khandr, whether or not we've moved forward to the hunt.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:25 AM   #525
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Checking in, one last time before leaving...

Oh, yes, Ulfast could, if Celuien is around to doing that.

Have fun.

-- Folwren
Old 07-10-2007, 02:08 PM   #526
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Lalaith: I've made the first set up now. So Embla is back in the quiet house and comes to find Fastarr from the hall... Please carry on from there. And if you have any complaints, please address them to me and I will change what needs to change.

Child: When you come back you may decide whether Khandr is awake or not - and thence whether he would have a discussion with Fastarr about the salary but possibly of other things as well? A lot I think depends on the pace this thing is getting forwards though.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:30 AM   #527
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
That's great Noggie. I'll get back to Fastarr as soon as possible.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #528
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
There really are two Fastarr's, aren't there! One's Borrim and the other's Ulfing. Huh! How does one keep this stuff straight?
Old 07-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #529
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
There really are two Fastarr's, aren't there! One's Borrim and the other's Ulfing. Huh! How does one keep this stuff straight?
Yes there seems to be... like two Bill's or Frank's in a same village in this world...

But myself and Pio came up with the name independently of each other so that's just natural, like life.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:44 PM   #530
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

So I guess it's Káta's Fastarr and Khandr's Fastarr. .... altho the relationship's different. Wouldn't you know the whom they belong to would both start with 'K'?

:: Elempi shrugs::

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-11-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #531
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Wouldn't you know the whom they belong to would both start with 'K'?
Old 07-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #532
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Ulfast's keeper is present and can arrange some eavesdropping (despite the lack of eaves in the hall), but it may take me a few days.

(In other words, work is still fairly overwhelming.)
Old 07-13-2007, 12:57 PM   #533
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm back and mostly alive so I'll get Thuringwethil somewhere very soon. Have to read up a bit.... I'll also bug CoD about Brodda. I know he's been keeping up with what's going on at least mostly, but I guess he's missed that he's somehow missed that he's needed...I kinda need to know what Brodda's up to too, hehe.

Belated, but - Thanks, Lalaith, and no worries!
Old 07-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #534
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Embla and Fastarr have had some late nite words in the hall of Khandr...

Thanks Lalaith for those corrections. It looks better now!

Child: it's up to you whether you wish Khandr to be still awake and thence come down with Hugo to meet Fastarr - or both of them, Embla and Fastarr...

Lalaith: feel free to continue wherever you wish.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:22 AM   #535
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Child, Durelin...

What would you like Embla to do now? She can hang around until Khandr turns up, or slope off to brood. Its up to you. Durelin, how quickly do you want to move on the Plot?
Old 07-21-2007, 02:04 AM   #536
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Ok guys, I'm off and away from the net for a week. I'm leaving Embla in the kitchen, if anyone needs to talk to her, just use her as you wish. She can also have left the kitchen if Khandr would rather speak to Fastarr alone.
Whatever you like.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:09 AM   #537
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
I'm leaving Embla in the kitchen, if anyone needs to talk to her, just use her as you wish.
In the hall you must mean...
Old 07-22-2007, 09:48 AM   #538
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm. This needs to go forward, but I'm unable to advance it. Of course, Uldor and Lachrandir could probably spend a deal more time throwing insults back and forth, but that would be pointless and wouldn't get anyone anywhere.

Durelin - is your character coming to the banquet?

Celuien - what about Ulfast and the girl's singing?

And does anyone else have anything planned for this evening? I seem to recall a few little plots and plans being made to annoy Uldor...a drunken servant, for one, who talks too much?

-- Folwren
Old 07-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #539
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
And does anyone else have anything planned for this evening? I seem to recall a few little plots and plans being made to annoy Uldor...a drunken servant, for one, who talks too much?
Besides the banquet there are some minor things goin on at Khandr's residence but I don't think they are too important anyhow. So the story might skip to the next day as well pretty soon?

I'm just missing Child both to tell whether Khandr is coming downstairs or not but generally as well... Hopefully it's nothing bad with her mother or anything like that. I mean she told us to be back on July 17th... *sends a wish to the stars*
Old 07-22-2007, 11:41 AM   #540
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I should post for Tathren but I will have limited time online till next weekend. I will try though

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 07-22-2007, 04:40 PM   #541
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I think, though am not sure, that I saw Child online today or yesterday, Nogrod. Hope that pleases you.

I am not sure how soon the story will skip on to the next day. Sorry that I can't answer that question.

--

Mithalwen, it would be very happy if you could post.

-- Folwren
Old 07-22-2007, 05:15 PM   #542
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I think, though am not sure, that I saw Child online today or yesterday, Nogrod. Hope that pleases you.
Yes. The member's site gives one the knowledge that she has been online "today". But that's not the point I think and it doesn't please me at all (and what is the value of things pleasing myself when others may have hard times?)... It makes me all the more worried.

So the fact doesn't help me from thinking there is something wrong with all the stuff she told us about her mother... The post-counter just tells us when she has had time to check in, even briefly.

Were everything right and well she would have written a host of posts or at least short posts to the "discussion thread" to show she is around and all is well, just a bit busy. But what does it tell that she has been online (to look at what goes on) but has had no time enough to make even one post...? With her sense of duty I could never imagine she could just pop in and leave the things be even if they were stalling badly - in her own games(!) - if everything was allright in RL. But as there has been no word from her in a long time (her last post is from 10.07.07 - and she said to be back on the July17th), so yes, I am a bit worried indeed.

About her mom that is.

Wishing upon the star yet another time Child!

I really do hope I'm wrong with all this.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:12 PM   #543
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Yes. Ulfast will introduce the singing and make the announcement about the hunt shortly.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:25 PM   #544
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Warning: Do not hold the shift key down (for more than 8 seconds) while considering your next thought for your post. My keyboard went on the fritz and I never got to complete my post. Thankfully, Celuien has only placed a "save", so I can complete it. (whew!)

Question: according to the basic principle of the story line, Lachrandir is supposed to be impressed with the Ulfings despite himself. Um, when - and more importantly how - are the Ulfings going to do this? In all my readings of this rpg I have not seen a single instance of anything of that sort; granted, the entirety has taken place on a single day so there is surely time for that to develop.

Question #2: Lachrandir is among the Ulfings to deliver his lord's message. That message has been delivered. "L" is also among them to receive their answer, which I imagine will come some time in the next couple of Days. Is there any reason for Lachrandir to remain amongst the Ulfings once this has occurred?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:02 PM   #545
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I wondered about that. It didn't seem like a good ending to a post - I had no idea where to go from there.

Answer to Question: I have no idea.

Actually, quite honestly, I didn't know that we were supposed to impress Lachrandir. That adds complications, doesn't it? I'll be thinking about it.

Answer to Queston #2: We could make a reason for Lachrandir to remain. What if he were to be wounded in the hunt, for instance? Somehow...

And thanks, Celuien. I'm looking forward to your post.

-- Folwren
Old 07-24-2007, 01:55 PM   #546
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Once again I apologize for generally sucking.

But anyway -- a post for Thuringwethil/Jord to bring her to the banquet quite fashionably late will go up very soon. A save might sit up there for a little bit because I'm paranoid, but if I don't fill it today I will not sleep well tonight from guilt.....

Sorry for being slow with plans, Lalaith. I'll keep in touch to plan Jord and Embla's next meeting... *shifty eye movement*

Edit:

Post is up. Jord loves being obnoxious, but I don't want to be, so I can edit if I've royally screwed up plans for Ulfast, Uldor, and Lachrandir specifically....

Oh, and, could Lachrandir possibly remain as a representative to keep an eye on the Ulfings and maintain a connection? It's not like there's any trust there...and this would only rub the Ulfings the wrong way more, that the Elves would linger because they do not trust them.

Lachrandir and Tathren aren't alone in this are they? We could write in a party so there're others to send back the answer...?

Last edited by Durelin; 07-24-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:18 PM   #547
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'd like to say, Celuien - don't rush on answer my post after you fill your save. I honestly don't know when I'll next have access to a computer with internet. In about five hours, we're leaving for vacation and won't returning home for about two weeks. I might have internet access during that time, but I am not entirely positive on that.

Have fun.

-- Folwren
Old 07-25-2007, 11:56 AM   #548
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Apologies - I realized I had Uldor and Lachrandir standing for some reason. Fixed.

And...

Who wants to sit next to Jord?
Old 07-26-2007, 03:58 PM   #549
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I will be away for a week and after that only able to hang around a few days before disappearing for another week.

Use Fastarr if you think it fits. I'm pretty lenient with it.

Have fun! I will have fun as well...
Old 07-27-2007, 06:26 AM   #550
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I'm back now but I'll wait on Child/Khandr's reappearance to do anything with Embla.
Hope she's ok....
Old 07-27-2007, 09:43 AM   #551
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Do you suppose Lachrandir might send Tathren on a secret errand to discern what he may with Elvish stealthiness?
Old 08-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #552
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Sadly my hands have been full the few days I've been at home and I haven't had time to see what has happened here.

But like I said the last time I'm on my way to a summercamp tomorrow and will be back in a week just to start the school-season (the first days will be pretty rough). But I hope to turn back to this in 1½-2 weeks with at least some effort. I do have a few larger projects in the beginning of the season but it should ease a bit when September comes.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:37 PM   #553
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I have been in and out of town for most of the summer on family business. Will be home later in the week for a bit. I'll try to catch up then.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:16 PM   #554
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I have returned for good, finally. I see nothing much has taken place since my departure, in the game leastways.

Elempi, you may certainly send Tathren on some secret mission, if it so pleases you and your stuck up character. Talk to Mith, naturally.

And, by the way: Uldor wasn't babbling to Jord, he was being polite.

Nogrod and Child, I'm glad you're back.

Celuien, are you around? Could you possibly be filling your save shortly?

I'd like to get this evening under way and behind us.

-- Folwren
Old 08-11-2007, 09:21 AM   #555
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Elempi, you may certainly send Tathren on some secret mission, if it so pleases you and your stuck up character. Talk to Mith, naturally.
Sounds good. I will speak with Mithalwen.

Quote:
And, by the way: Uldor wasn't babbling to Jord, he was being polite.
You must understand Lachrandir's mind. Until this point, Uldor has been reticent in the extreme, and suddenly he's burbling like a flowing stream. What's an Elf to think?
Old 08-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #556
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh, I understand. I understand completely. I am seriously going to be hard put making my character more unpleasant than yours.

-- Folwren
Old 08-11-2007, 10:10 AM   #557
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

He doesn't have to be MORE unpleasant, just very unpleasant in his own way. Lachrandir is, of course, arrogant in the extreme, as befits a Fėanorian Elf. Uldor, I imagine, is ambitious and conniving in the extreme, by contrast, and will stop at nothing to get what he wants. Do I understand him aright?
Old 08-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #558
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yes, you probably view him correctly. He's arrogant, too, like Lachrandir. He should be much more odious - he has more faults. He's loathsome to me. Lachrandir cracks me up, though...

Anyway...this game needs to get on. Who all is here?

-- Folwren
Old 08-12-2007, 12:14 PM   #559
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Save filled at long last.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #560
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Seems like Uldor ought to respond to these jibes before Lachrandir has another self-aggrandizing series of thoughts.....