The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-24-2003, 12:33 PM   #1
Frodo2968thewhite
Haunting Spirit

Frodo2968thewhite has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Frodo2968thewhite
Sting Sad LOTR scenes

Did anyone cry during any of the LOTR scenes? if so, which ones? <BR> I cried ALOT in TTT when Sam was saying that REALLY inspirational part in Gondor:<P>SAM:<BR>I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy. How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened. <BR>[As Sam makes his speech, the picture changes to Merry and Pippin as they triumph over destroying Isengard, and to Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli etc as the win their battle] <BR>SAM:<BR>But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. Because they were holding on to something. <BR>FRODO<BR>What are we holding on to, Sam? <BR>SAM<BR>There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for. <P>It puts tears in my eyes just thinking about it!!!
Old 06-24-2003, 01:05 PM   #2
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Boromir's death, but not until the 50th time I saw it:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> It is over. The world of men will fall, and all will come to darkness… And my city to ruin. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>In TTT, the line of Theoden's:<P>"No parent should have to bury their child."<P>The scene where Eomer and Gandalf ride down to the battle at Helm's Deep.<P>Haldir's death, but only twice out of the million times I have seen it. And both times I haven't stopped crying for the rest of the film.<P>The future Aragorn/Arwen scenes as told by Elrond. Major sob fest:<P>"As night falling until it comes without a star."<p>[ June 24, 2003: Message edited by: Meela ]
Old 06-24-2003, 01:07 PM   #3
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

yes, that one which you ,frodo2968thewhite, mentioned is quite a ending to ttt!<BR>i haven't ever cried in fotr but i have seen ttt twice and on both times when éomer rides down towards the uruk hai with gandalf on the battle of the helms deep - i cried...*sneef* it's just beautiful.<p>[ June 24, 2003: Message edited by: dancing spawn of ungoliant ]
Old 06-24-2003, 02:26 PM   #4
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I cried in FotR, when Gandalf died. It brought a lump to my throat when the Fellowship were at Dimrill Dale, grieving for him, especially Merry and Pippin.<BR>I was also very upset when Boromir died. <BR>I wasn't very sad at TTT, Haladir's death didn't effect me that much to be honest.<BR>I know I'm going to bawl my eyes out at RotK, when Frodo sails away with Bilbo and Gandalf. I cried there in the book, anyway.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:40 PM   #5
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I cried in FotR, when Gandalf died. It brought a lump to my throat when the Fellowship were at Dimrill Dale, grieving for him, especially Merry and Pippin.<BR>I was also very upset when Boromir died. <BR>I wasn't very sad at TTT, Haladir's death didn't effect me that much to be honest.<BR>I know I'm going to bawl my eyes out at RotK, when Frodo sails away with Bilbo and Gandalf. I cried there in the book, anyway. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Same here, Daisy. I also got teary-eyed when Theodred was buried, when Sam made his speech, and a <I>tiny</I> bit when Smeagol is trying to make Gollum go away. That was just sad because you can't help but pity his tortured soul there, and because all the other people in the audience are laughing and yelling "Schiz!" at the screen Makes me wanna slap 'em all.
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 03:40 PM   #6
Yavanna228
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yavanna228 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I cried when Gandalf fell into shadow, especially whenever Frodo was crying. I also got teary-eyed whenever Sam was rescued by Frodo and gave his little 'I'm not going to leave you' speech. That was sweet.<BR>Peace
Old 06-25-2003, 09:15 AM   #7
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>especially whenever Frodo was crying. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I laughed <P>No, I did cry when Frodo pulled Sam out of the river, and when Haldir died. I cry whenever I think about it.<P>When Boromir says "I have failed. All will come to darkness and my city to ruin"<BR>Yeah, I cried there, too.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:19 AM   #8
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

I did cry when Gandalf fell into the shadow in FOTR. Only a couple of tears though, I would have cried more if I hadn't read the book first.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:25 AM   #9
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I cried when:<P>- Gandalf died, and the Fellowship was grieving in Dimrill Dale.<P>- Frodo rescued Sam from the river, and Sam told Frodo that he would never leave him. Friends are what makes our world revolve, and true friendships are very rare.<P>- Merry and Pippin were captured by the Orcs. It was almost as if I could see the desperate fear in their little eyes. Someone that innocent should not have to go through something like that.<P>- Theodred's burial. Theoden was right, no parent should have to bury their child. It made me realize how short life really is, and how we have to enjoy the moments that we have with our loved ones.<P>- Haldir's death. It was almost as if I could see him watching his life flash by before his eyes. He gave up his life so that Middle-earth could be free. He made the ultimate sacrifice, his own life for something that he believed in.<P>- Eomer and Gandalf's charge. I think it was a combination of Eomer yelling, "To the King!" and the sunrise at their back. It was like the sun of freedom was rising upon Middle-earth, and Gandalf was there heralding it, shining like the morning star.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 11:18 AM   #10
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

BethoHOG has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to BethoHOG
Sting

A tear has never actually rolled down my cheek while watching either The Fellowship of the Ring, or The Two Towers. But there were a few scenes that did bring tears into my eyes. These scenes were...<P>- When Boromir dies. Sean Bean's acting is incredible...<P>- After Frodo pulls Sam out of the water, and, like what <B>Finwe</B> said, they really do have a true frienship, something so rare and lucky to have. <P>- Sam's speech at the end of The Two Towers has ALWAYS filled my eyes with tears. It's soooo touching... *sigh*
Old 06-25-2003, 07:18 PM   #11
Roccotari Eldandil
Haunting Spirit

Roccotari Eldandil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've never actually let the tears flow... but there was definitely a lot of lip biting and "oh, there's an eyelash in my eye" stuff going on during these parts:<BR>-Gandalf's and Haldir's deaths (esp. Gandalf's. I had to bite my lip and try not to sniffle until halfway thru Lórien (I hadn't read the books yet so I was completely shocked).<BR>-Boromir's death scene. That was awesome scripting and acting. <BR>-When Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli ride to Rohan and that violin starts up. Music that beautiful makes me want to cry. <BR>-And, of course, during Sam's speech. My lip was almost bloody.<BR>And the stuff that isn't in movies yet but I'll probably get teared up at:<BR>-When Sam decides to take on the Quest outside of Cirith Ungol<BR>-When the Ring gets thrown into Mt. Doom/the battle of the Pelennor is won<BR>-(if they leave it in) When Théoden says that Merry won't be able to talk about the herb-lore of the shire. <BR>-And, of course, when Sam and Frodo say goodbye at the Grey Havens. I guarantee you, I will cry. I would have when I finished the book, but I was in a car with my family and people generally think it's weird if you sob over the ending to a book. But, if you hear of a flood in Denver, CO on Dec. 17th, it'll be my fault. (My "mushy girl" side rears its annoying head at stuff like that.)
Old 06-25-2003, 08:00 PM   #12
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

I never actually cried in any part of the two movies but there were places that I wanted to. Some scenes really pulled my heart:<P>When Haldir died I was very sad. I didn't cry but it was all I could think about for the rest of the movie.<P>Another one is Elrond's conversation with Arwen when in Elrond's vision Arwen is standing next to Aragorn's tomb and then later wandering though the forest all alone. It made me feel loney.<P>The last one happens right after when Arwen is leaving Rivendel and turns around to look up at her father with that sad look in her eyes. It was like she didn't want to leave but had no other choice.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:19 PM   #13
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The only parts I really felt like crying was:<P>-When Haldir died. That was really surprising.<P>-Sam's speech after Frodo pulls him out of the river. The:<BR>Frodo says, "I'm going to Mordor alone Sam."<BR>Sam said, "I know, and I'm going with you."
Old 06-28-2003, 10:31 AM   #14
Lily

Lily has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lily
Shield

You see I was stupid and saw FOTR before I read it so when Gandalf died (my favorite charater) I cried like a baby! It was just so sad for me I still cry when I watch that scene. <P>And in TTT let see.....now for that I did read the book so I was always one step ahead of the movie so I didn't cry during it. But when I read the book I did cry during the parts that are not in the movie yet. (aka Shelob's Lair) But there were some really sad scenes in TTT but I just didn't cry to them ..Like at the end with Sam's speech was moving and when Gollum hear his name for like the first time in like 300 years! So yes their were sad sad scenes in these movies.
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 11:52 PM   #15
Nehani
Haunting Spirit

Nehani has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nehani
Tolkien

I cried during Boromir's death, but only because I had been thinking about that scene ever since I had read the books. Sam's speach was moving, but I think I did cry more in the books. I think there will ne lots of crying in ROTK (ie: Theoden's death, stuff like that). We'll just have to wait and see!

"The Way Is Closed. It Was Made By Those Who are Dead. The Way is Closed."
Nehani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 12:57 PM   #16
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

There were a few parts where I got a lump in my throat. <P>-"It's me Mr. Frodo, your Sam." (or something to that effect) That whole scene near the end of TTT where Frodo got all weird with the flying Nazgul and Sam's little speech was awesome. <P>-"As night falling until it comes without a star." Tolkien's poetic style is so beautiful.<P> Honestly, I was mostly trying to keep myself from laughing because I could just imagine my mom's crying face. (I went with my Dad) Plus I could hear all kinds of people sniffling behind me in the theatre. I can't figure why that amuses me... <BR>I don't cry on movies. (Even when I want to, if only to get rid of the infernal lump.) Although I haven't the slighest idea why. (it might be that I know it isn't real, and there are very few that suck me in like they do most people) <BR>If I cry during RotK it will mark the first time in my entire history.<p>[ July 17, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Eruantale ]

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 10:11 AM   #17
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

Actually, I also had a lump in my throat during that part. Same with the "boat scene" with Frodo and Sam, and Sam's little speech at the end of TTT.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:02 AM   #18
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm a very sentimental person, so I cried quite a bit!<BR>In FOTR: (1)When Boromir died.<BR>In TTT: (1)When Theoden said, "No father should have to bury his own son."<BR>(2) When Sam was saying all of that at the end about how they shouldn't be there at all (Ok, I didn't MEMORIZE it!)<BR>(3) And at the end when the movie was over.<P>By the end of the movie, the people sitting next to me were looking at me kinda funny!
Old 07-18-2003, 02:36 PM   #19
Elianna
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elianna has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I was very emotional during Two Towers, and although no tears actually fell, I think if I were to watch it alone, I would just bawl at these times:<BR>-When Éowyn is standing outside of Meduseld and the flag tears off and you hear that violin in the background. (I love that violin. That song is just so perfect for the Rohirrim: strong, noble, sad, unique, alone...)<BR>-"I know your face" (happy tears, it's so sweet)<BR>-"No parent should have to bury their child"<BR>-When Treebeard sees the destruction that Saruman made (poor trees!)<BR>-When Sméagol is taking over Gollum (happy tears again. Go Sméagol!)<BR>-When Haldir dies of course. No elf is supposed to die! (I was watching TT with a friend one time and he saw me almost crying here and laughed a little "You ok?" It spoiled the whole thing!)<BR>-Sam's speech at the end of course, it's beautiful in the book too, a bit funnier.<BR>-When Gollum takes over Sméagol again (bad Gollum, you sneak!)<BR>-I would have cried when Elrond's talking to Arwen, but after the shot with her walking alone in the dead looking forest, the next shot is of her crying and that just makes me laugh! The one father/daughter couple, and scene, in the entirey of both movies and he makes her cry!<BR>-When Saruman's sending out his huge army to destory the world of men. (eek!)<P>As for Fellowship I only almost cried when Gandalf falls and it's the shot of Merry and Pippin just weeping! And when Boromir says "The world of men will fall and all will come to darknes and my city to ruin." Boy, am I glad that Aragorn's next line is so cool (I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I swear to not let the White City fall, nor our people fail), otherwise, I would cry until I was so dehydrated that I'd need an IV!<P>I'm getting teary just typing about all these times. I gotta go collect myself.
Elianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 12:33 AM   #20
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Funny, but I didn't cry at any part in LotR. Such an unfeeling brute, huh?! But I screamed at the top of my lungs when I saw Haldir die. I was like.."How dare you kill Haldir!!! That's not in the story!!!" I sort of cried in the mushy parts in RotK between Eowyn and Faramir because they are so sweeeet!! I can't wait to see them in the movie...*sigh*
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 02:53 AM   #21
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The future Aragorn/Arwen scenes as told by Elrond. Major sob fest:<P>"As night falling until it comes without a star."<P> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Me to! and i went to see it with my dad, (its tradition, we saw the first one together with my brothers so we all went again) My brothers were laughing at me!<P>And aslso when Haldir died i was like "well thats great! Thats just really fab.! Bugger!" and then i cried... I did it second and their and forth times round with my friends.

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 06:37 PM   #22
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I never actually cried in the movies but here were many parts that made me 'want' to cry and that were sooooooo touching! <P>FotR:<BR>- After Gandalf dies and you see Frodo with that one tear running down his cheek (I wanted to run up and hug him!)<BR>- At the end when Sam and Frodo are talking. 'Sam, I'm glad you're here with me'<BR>- When Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli decide to go after Merry and Pippin (I would have been fine if it wasn't for that music!)<P>TTT:<BR>- Sam and his speech! (I love that speech! After hearing that, it was the closest I've ever come to crying during a movie. *sniffle sniffle*, just thinking about it)<BR>- When Eomer and Gandalf show up at Helm's deep (I wasn't going to cry but it made me feel so warm and fuzzy )<BR>- The part where Frodo has his sword to Sam's throat and Sam says something like 'It's Sam, Mr. Frodo, Don't you recognize your Sam?' (The look on his face! )<P>Gr! I can't think of any more at the moment, but trust me there's tons more. I can't wait for RotK!!!!!! I think that I actually will cry when Frodo leaves for the Havens *sniffle sniffle*.

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 11:34 AM   #23
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Faramir Fan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I never cried anywhere, but I got misty eyed during alot of scenes you guys mentioned, and one you didn't.<P>When Theoden is giving his "where is the horse and rider" speech. To me it was a particularly poignant moment and the music and lighting mixed with Theoden's speech...yeah it got me a little.
"A new character has come on the scene (I am sure I did not invent him, I did not even want him, though I like him, but there he came walking into the woods of Ithilien): Faramir, the brother of Boromir..." J.R.R. Tolkien, Letters No. 66
Faramir Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 12:12 PM   #24
Nehani
Haunting Spirit

Nehani has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nehani
Sting

WAHHHH!!! I get teary eyed when ever I talk abou this tuff! <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> -(if they leave it in) When Théoden says that Merry won't be able to talk about the herb-lore of the shire. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That and Boromir's death made me cry. Good stuff!<P>Nehani of the Forests

"The Way Is Closed. It Was Made By Those Who are Dead. The Way is Closed."
Nehani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 04:14 PM   #25
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Sting

When I watched FotR I didn't cry at all, but I didn't see it in a theater and my family was watching with me. (I only cry when no one can see me. Which is weird because I don't care who sees me cry.) <P>I did cry at TTT in the theater the first time, all the way through from the scene where the mother is sending her children off on the horse and telling them to go to Edoras, and that she'll meet them there, to the end. Then I sniffled a little because I didn't get to see Shelob.<P>I cried when I read the end of RotK when Frodo says:<BR>"I tried to save the Shire, and it has been saved, but not for me. It must often be that way when things are in danger, someone has to give them up, to lose them, so that others may keep them."<BR>When I see RotK, I probably won't be able to see the screen then, I'll be crying so much.<BR>(If that line is left out of the movie, I will be very upset)
Old 07-25-2003, 05:27 PM   #26
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> (If that line is left out of the movie, I will be very upset) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Uh-huh. I expect Mr. Jackson will have a regular riot on his hands if he leaves that one out.

Will you pay attention?
Old 08-08-2003, 06:43 PM   #27
Gimli stonesheild
Pile O'Bones

Gimli stonesheild has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Haldir's death gave me a lump in my throt. After aragorn gave hima hug when he was trying to be all kingly and all and he finnaly gave in and huged him back.AND THEN HE DIES....i hated that part <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Gimli: They say that a great sorceress lives in these woods. An elf-witch of terrible power. <BR>All who look upon her fall under her spell and are never seen again. Well, here's one Dwarf she won't <BR>ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and ears of a fox.<BR>Haldir: The Dwarf breathes so loud, we could have shot him in the dark.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:32 PM   #28
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>AND THEN HE DIES....i hated that part<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think everyone hated that part, Gimli... Haldir was cool.

Will you pay attention?
Old 08-08-2003, 08:44 PM   #29
Maeglanthirion
Animated Skeleton

Maeglanthirion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maeglanthirion
Tolkien

I've never actually cried, but there were some parts when I came extremely close.<P>Gandalf's death- I saw the movie before the book (the movie got me into LotR), and Gandalf's death took me by complete surprise. I read The Hobbit and loved Gandalf and I was so sad he died. I came closest when the fellowship mourned in the Dale.<P>Boromir's Death- I only came close the second or so time I saw it. When I first saw the movie, I immediately did not like Boromir. The movie really kind of made him look a lot worse than he was in the book.<P> In TTT, Haldir's death didn't really effect me since I really didn't know whether to like him or not. It was a sad scene, but he wasn't there in the book, was he? The end with Gandalf and Eomer riding down the hill almost did because of the music. Howard Shore did an INCREDIBLE job with the score. The sad scenes had the perfect music to match them.
"I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails, and we break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. This day, we fight!..."
Maeglanthirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 07:01 PM   #30
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

I forgot one.<P>-In TTT, at night, when Frodo is laying on the ground, caressing the ring. <P>I didn't cry, but I was so disturbed by that scene that I almost wanted to.

Will you pay attention?
Old 08-10-2003, 07:38 PM   #31
Arwen Evenstar

Arwen Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen Evenstar Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Evenstar
Silmaril

In TTT When Frodo is about to give the ring to the Ringwraith. Sam knocks Frodo down. Frodo pulls out his sword, and holds it up to Sam`s throat.<BR>SAM: Mr. Frodo! It`s your Sam. Don`t ya know you`re Sam?<BR>I cry my eyes out every time.<P>Also there`s Haldir`s death. (I hate that part!)<P>The scenes in Rivendell with Aragorn, Arwen, and Elrond.<P>But I think one of the worst parts is when Gimli tells Eowyn, Aragorn fell.<P>There are also many other parts.<BR>I`m a baby when it comes to movies like this.
Arwen Evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 09:16 PM   #32
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

FOTR:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>- After Gandalf dies and you see Frodo with that one tear running down his cheek (I wanted to run up and hug him!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>YES! It was that ONE TEAR effect that really got me. Small things like that trigger it for me. Like how everyone else cries at the fact that Boromir's dying, the part of that that really got me was:<P>Aragorn: "Nor our people fail."<P>Boromir: "Our people... our people!"<P>That. I love how terribly happy he is to hear Aragorn finally say 'our people'; it's amazingly touching.<P>And when Frodo pulls Sam up from the water, I just LOVE the finality and sort of pleading determination in Sam's voice when he said:<BR>"I made a promise Mr. Frodo; a promise! 'Don't you leave him, Sam.' And I don't mean to."<P>TTT:<P>Right after Theoden is awoken from his Saruman-state and he reaches for his sword. It has the beautiful voila in the background as he grasps it and slowly draws it out. Oh! That was just wonderful! Not sad, but definatly moving.<P>I love how they kept flashing back to the women and children in the caves during Helm's Deep. It gave the audience such a sense of what it is that they're fighting for; what the destruction of mankind would mean to the people forced to stand by and listen. Do you know how terrifying that must be: to sit in a cave and be able to hear a battle your loved ones are in but not able to see it and know that they're alright? *shudder* Makes me want to cry just thinking about it...<P>And Gandalf and Eomer's charge was, of course, wonderful; it really got to me. But, then again, it was my favorite single moment in the book. I just love how wonderfully heroic it is. But that's probably just me...<P>Lastly, but certainly not least, would of course be Sam's speech. That was great. <P>I'm gonna cry like a baby during RotK. I'm probably gonna sob all through the theatrical trailer, too, and not be able to stop until the movie it's attached to is over. My eyes will be red weeks...
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 09:44 PM   #33
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Aragorn: "Nor our people fail."<BR>Boromir: "Our people... our people!"<P>That. I love how terribly happy he is to hear Aragorn finally say 'our people' <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I didn't cry, but I loved that part. The reconciliation of Aragorn to Boromir before he died. That was a great touch on Jackson's part.

Will you pay attention?