The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-22-2004, 10:16 PM   #1
Armetiel
Haunting Spirit

Armetiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Legolas and the Table

Okay, in the second movie, when Theoden finally agrees to "Ride out" with Aragorn at the end of the battle of helm's deep, watch the background.. Just in that part where Aragorn and Theoden are talking...All of the sudden Legolas comes running up behind them and knocks over this big table with plates and candles and stuff on it and then runs back...there are no enemies in the room, and he isn't blocking a door or anything, just knocking over the table, does anyone know the point of this, (or has anyone else seen it?) And if so what is the point lol. It's quite funny to watch, but not very noticeable
Old 01-22-2004, 10:37 PM   #2
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

I kind of did notice this. It seemed like he picked up a bench and put it against the door, came back and knocked the table over, and then picked up the bench again that must of magically reappeared.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 10:48 PM   #3
Armetiel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

i never noticed the bench, I'll have to look for that too...lol, but yeh, that was an odd scene lol
Old 01-22-2004, 11:04 PM   #4
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I could be wrong for they were throwing stuff everywhere like crazy people so it was hard to keep track.

Old 01-22-2004, 11:55 PM   #5
Armetiel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

no the part I'm talking about it's all calm and no one is throwing anything..it's just a room with no enemies, and just Theoden, and Aragorn talking and Gimli and Legolas are in the background in the room, but at the part it is showing a closeup of Theoden, and then you see Legolas run and grab a table, dump it upside down and run back to where Gimli is.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:11 AM   #6
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I am talking of the same part too. I guess I just interperated it in a different way. Everyone seemed pretty stressed out even if there were no enemies.

Old 01-23-2004, 11:33 AM   #7
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

That just seems to be a rather interesting way of relieving stress. Why not pop outside for a bit, kill a spot of Uruks, and then pop back in just in time for tea?
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 11:55 AM   #8
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Ha ha Finwe you are so very funny. Well to quote..well I really don't have any idea, I think it is from someone's sig, "Sarcasum is the lowest form of wit but it is the funniest."

Old 01-24-2004, 04:19 PM   #9
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Eye

The idea was obviously to brace the gate with the table. I did not notice the bench reappearing, but if you can confirm this as a mistake, <A HREF="http://www.movie-mistakes.com" TARGET=_blank>www.movie-mistakes.com</A> is always looking for more! <P>I think the really odd part about this is the fact that you can see Legolas with an arrow at the string, ready to shoot any invader. Then, I guess he abandoned that idea, opting for the table. SURE, Leggy! "Uh, guys, rather than face this huge troop of monsterous Uruk-hai, I believe I shall return with a door-brace!" *Leggy hikes up his britches and dodges into the caves, screaming in fear*
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 12:52 AM   #10
manaratowen
Pile O'Bones

manaratowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to manaratowen
Sting

hehe, very funny thought there knight of gondor...lol. i jsut viewed this part this evening and he does over turn the table, but he takes it to the door as to brace it with the table. but, thats jsut what i saw.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:59 AM   #11
Armetiel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

^hmm are you guys watching EE? or maybe I just missed something, I'll have to watch more closely, cuz I ONLY saw him turn it over, and didn't see a door Course I was cooking dinner too, so chances are I missed it
Old 01-25-2004, 02:01 AM   #12
james_of_y0rkshire

Sting

What does it matter, really? I could name plenty of things wrong with all three of the movies, and so could a whole grip of people..but since we're on the subject of movie-mistakes..in part. III when Aragorn and the rest ride up to the black gates of Mordor to call them out for battle.. they show a shot of Gandalf and what's suppose to be Pipin(or Merry) It actually show's his stunt doubles face... Pretty funny actually she's kinda zoneing out into space.. lmao
Old 01-25-2004, 02:05 PM   #13
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I ONLY saw him turn it over, and didn't see a door Course I was cooking dinner too, so chances are I missed it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Armetiel, cooking and watching Lord of the Rings <I>don't</I> mix! Thou art forbidden ever to do so again. <P>Was there any question that Legolas was taking the table to use to brace the door? It's pretty obvious to me that's what he was doing.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 05:21 PM   #14
james_of_y0rkshire

Sting

Yes, Knight of Gondor that was already mentioned...<I>pay ATTENTION!!</I> or we shall have to strip you of ur title..<BR> err....j/k
Old 01-25-2004, 07:25 PM   #15
Armetiel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Armetiel, cooking and watching Lord of the Rings don't mix! Thou art forbidden ever to do so again. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>well SOR-REE!!! <P>See the thing is, I Had to cook dinner for my little brother because he had to go out, so I had to get it cooked right away so he could eat first, and I wouldn't have time to watch Lord of the Rings later, so it was either cook while watching it, or don't watch it at all....so under those circumstances... wouldn't you have done the same?
Old 01-25-2004, 07:43 PM   #16
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I just watched the scene today and don't see what the fuss is about. Legolas clears the table and puts it down, obviously getting ready to drag it to the barricade but the shot ends before that.<P>H.C.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:07 PM   #17
Armetiel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I just watched the scene today and don't see what the fuss is about. Legolas clears the table and puts it down, obviously getting ready to drag it to the barricade but the shot ends before that.<BR>H.C.<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>He knocks it over with everything on it...making a large crash I suppose you could call that "clearing the table" but I know if I did that when my mom asked me to clear the table I'd be in big trouble <P>but can someone please tell me when he puts it in front of a door, or even drags it away, because I don't see that at all, I see him run, knock it over, run away and start dancing in a corner (or practicing shooting, but without the bow or arrow it begins to look like dancing )....(unless you guys are watching EE...)
Old 01-25-2004, 08:20 PM   #18
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Actually, I'm pretty sure he does start to pick it up, I think. He pushes it over, but he never lets go of the table. At least that's the way I remember it.<P>I have watched TTT quite often and I have never noticed anything like dancing. Just because they didn't show him bracing the table against the door doesn't mean he didn't do it.

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 11:29 PM   #19
Armetiel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

^No the part I saw he definately lets go, I just saw it again, he tips in and then goes away without it...
Old 01-26-2004, 10:24 AM   #20
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Maybe I'll have to see it again, but it looks to me like he grabs the side of the table, tips it to clear everything off and brings it back to it's feet. He's holding on the whole time. It cuts away and the next time we see him it's several second later and he's in front of the doors with a cocked arrow. What happened to the table is unclear, but I assume it was dragged in front of the door.<P>H.C.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:35 PM   #21
Oroaranion
Haunting Spirit

Oroaranion has just left Hobbiton.
You never know, Leggy could have been preparing the table for Aragorn and Theoden's return, so they could have a little victory feast. And in his hurry, he tipped the table over, instead of just clearing whatever junk was already on it.

But most likely, he was getting the bench to barricade the door. if you took any attention to the previous scene, there were hunreds of Uruk-Hai trying to break the gate down.

Have you also noticed that Gimli is not involved in the following fracas, because he disappears to blow Helm Hammerhand's horn. He must have long breath, because I'm sure that the horn never stops making a noise.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:42 PM   #22
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
Have you also noticed that Gimli is not involved in the following fracas, because he disappears to blow Helm Hammerhand's horn. He must have long breath, because I'm sure that the horn never stops making a noise.
Well, once he got up there & blew it (I wouldn't be suprised if dwarves were long-winded), the echoes probably did most of the work for him.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:12 PM   #23
Elianna
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elianna has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I always thought it funny that such a neat-freak elf like Lego would be able to summon the courage to make dishes and candlesticks go flying, even to stop the advancing uruks.
Elianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:36 AM   #24
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
I'd like to respond to The Only Real Estel's post about Gimli. I noticed that as well. He went all the way up there and blew the horn. My question is if he had to run all the way up there and he can't really keep up all the well as we see earlier in LOTR TT so how is it that he could run down that fast and ride out in the battle with the rest of them??

Ah, after typing my question I realized that I haven't introduced myself. Hello everyone! I'm Crystal Heart- swordmaiden of Rohan.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:29 PM   #25
Leona
Animated Skeleton

Leona has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Um... maybe I am just blind because the only thing I see in the situation you are all describing is him trying to drag a bench to the door I'd like to have a much more helpful post, that does more than just complains that I haven't the slightest idea what you are all talking about, but... If someone could please explain exactly where you all are in the movie, I promise I'll come back with a much more informed and helpful post.

-leona
Old 05-22-2004, 05:32 AM   #26
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hehehehehe, whoever said about how did Gimli get down to the battle so quickly from the horn - maybe he slid down it!
Old 05-22-2004, 06:12 AM   #27
Elianna
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elianna has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Crystal Heart:

Gimli didn't ride out and fight with them. He came later.
Elianna is offline   Reply With Quote