Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2002, 01:48 PM   #81
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

"Yes, I'm feeling a little better, but not much. I still feel the pain greatly."

"Oh. Well, let's sit you down." Kalia helped her over to a stump and helped her sit down.

Thorn pulled a red ponytail holder out of her pocket and put her wild red and green hair up in it. When she lifted her arms behnid her head, her necklace came out from beneth her shirt. She dropped the holder and quickly put the rose shaped necklace back in her shirt. With much pain, she picked up the holder and put her hair up.

Her silver eyes went dark green and she turned her head to the woods behind the waterfall.

"Something is there..." Thengise and Kalia help Thoriel onto her crutches, and Jecht leads the girls into the woods.
Old 08-18-2002, 07:41 PM   #82
Primrose
Pile O'Bones

Primrose has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Primrose awoke in an apple tree that was along a near by stream. She got down from the tree and grabbed herself a nice juicy apple and went down to the stream. She cleansed herself for Primrose was a very clean hobbit then took a sip of the clean pure stream water. She looked around her, looking at the small tavern were she ate last night, the hills the sky, all that looked different in the day for she had arrived there at sunset the past night.
She gathered her things and said “Good bye my many friends that I met last night, you will always have a place in my mind and in my heart.”

And with that Primrose walked along the road where she had traveled the day before. Then she heard a voice and turned around it was the group of people she had met last night. Primrose called after them.

“Jecht wait up, I wish to come with you and the others.”

They all turned. Collette, Jecht, Kalia and Thegnise knew who the hobbit was but Thorn was not familiar with whom she was.

Primrose stuck out her hand towards Thorn. “My name is Primrose Banks from Rushey, I am sorry I did not really get to meet you last night.”

Thorn shook Primrose’s hand and said, “My name is Thoriel though I also liked to be called Thorn.”

“it is nice to meet you, by the way were are you guys going?”

{OSmetimes i have trouble getting on the cpu so i may have a long time to reply sorry [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]this is a rushed post [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img])}

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost.
Old 08-18-2002, 07:43 PM   #83
Primrose
Pile O'Bones

Eye

All write better post when i have the time but i have been really busy sorry

Old 08-20-2002, 06:32 PM   #84
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

ColletteTook has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to ColletteTook Send a message via AIM to ColletteTook
1420!

"I would like to accompany you too" said collette bowing a little, and knowing nothing of what disaster she had just signed herself up for.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:42 PM   #85
Judge Simon
Wight

Judge Simon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well I planned on leaving in the company of myself. I'm off to the Land of Shadow and Darkness[Kalia, Thengise and Thorn seemed to understand what he meant but the two perian looked puzzled] Mordor[Jecht clarified, and there was an audible gasp from Primrose while Collette's eyes widened] There is going to be a great war and I've been called to fight. I don't think it would be wise for you all to come...[he said looking around to all of them but his eye strayed mostly to Thengise]
Old 08-21-2002, 09:33 PM   #86
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

suicidal elf chick has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Kalia shook her head and stepped forward.
"I still wish to accompany you, even if it is to the Land of Shadows," she said, walking over and standing next to him.
She looked around at the others, her friends, and smiled. She hoped for them to also come, and placed her hand on Jecht's shoulder.
"Who else will come?" she asked in a pleading voice, as if begging them to come.
"Feeling like a freak on a leash, feeling like I have no release. How many times have I felt diseased? Nothing in my life is free, is free.... Sometimes I cannot take this place, sometimes it's my life I can taste." - Korn 'Freak on a Leash'

Who are you?
Old 08-22-2002, 01:27 AM   #87
Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood
Eye

Thengise thought for a bit. She knew it would be dangerous yet the fight was for a good cause. She looked up at Jecht who was looking at her with pleading eyes. They seemed to say It is to dangerous please do not come.

"I will accompany you as well,"Thengise finally said.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:29 PM   #88
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

"I too will join. I have no where to go home to, so I might as well fight for one."

She grabbed her crutches and walked to Jecht, Kalia, and Thengise. They looked at the hobbits as if comunicateing:
"Do not come. You may not ever get back to your cozy hobbit homes"
Old 08-22-2002, 04:26 PM   #89
Judge Simon
Wight

Sting

Jecht looked over at Thengise, she didn't notice. He wished she hadn't come. He was taking on a large burden, what if she died? Then he looked over at Thorn, he didn't know muxh about her and true she was hurt, but she seemed to be healing well. And then to Kalia, she defintily marched to her own beat...
Old 08-22-2002, 06:28 PM   #90
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thengise was deep in thought as they waited for the hobbits' response. She was thinking about what she had just set herself up for. Should I tell my dad or go with out his consent, but if I told him he would not let me go, and if I don't then I might not ever get to see him again, she thought. She didn't know what to do.

[ August 22, 2002: Message edited by: Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood ]
Old 08-23-2002, 06:19 AM   #91
Primrose
Pile O'Bones

Eye

i wont be back to the start of September so can you guys just role play for me, like kinda add me into yours posts. Thanx.(And of course i want to go on the adventure with you guys. So that would be great thanx.

Old 08-23-2002, 10:03 AM   #92
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

The hobbits looked at each other. "I am willing to go,"Collette said,"I have nothimg left here." "I will go too,"Primrose said as she took a step forward.

Thengise looked down at the two brave hobbits. "Are you two sure you want to do this? It is very dangerous and I fear for you two,"Thengise said softly. The two hobbits nodded. "Do not worry about me, Thengise. I will be fine, unless you would like me to stay here sleeping under my own cloak,"Collette said to Thengise. "Your right. You two are very brave,"Thengise said as she turned to Jecht.
Old 08-23-2002, 04:47 PM   #93
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette smiled and walked forward with Primrose. " im just going to get my things" said collette and turned to go, and then realized that she was already wearing everything that was her own. " oh. nevermind" and smiled half heartedly. She was overjoyed at the fact that she was leaving this filthy crevice that was her home. For many years she had hoped in vain that thengise or any of her hobbit friends would come and look for her, but she assumed they thought her dead. She looked down at herself. She nearly was , and most likely would be soon, but she didnt care because at the moment, she stood next to her best friend in the world and that was all she ever wanted.
Old 08-23-2002, 06:14 PM   #94
Judge Simon
Wight

Tolkien

Jecht smirked to himself and snapped his chest plate armor back on.
Jecht- Well then, I have no reason to hang around here any more,[he put is coat back on] Lets go.
Primrose-Umm, breakfast first?
Jecht eyed her a bit
Jecht- Alright then Primrose, why don't you set up a little campout for us. Thengise[he said to her, slighty declining his head] I need to talk to you in private...[he said motioning toward the waterfall away from the group]
Old 08-23-2002, 06:24 PM   #95
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thengise nodded and followed Jecht to the waterfall. "What's wrong?"she asked.
Old 08-24-2002, 09:36 PM   #96
Judge Simon
Wight

Tolkien

Jecht-My Lady, I told you that I would not report your whereabouts to your father, but how can you put yourself at such risk[he said nervously figiting around looking around at different objects on the ground, not making direct eye-contact] Keeping myself alive is one thing, keeping someone else alive is another....
Old 08-25-2002, 11:15 PM   #97
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thengise looked at Jecht who was nervously looking elsewhere. She lifted his chin so that they finally made eye contact. "I would rather put my own life at risk than the rest of my people. You shouldn't worry about me. You are very kind to not tell my father, but you musn't trouble yourself too much,"she said softly.
Old 08-25-2002, 11:53 PM   #98
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette poked her head around a nearby tree and cleared her throat loudly."were all ready to leave" she said a bit meekly and backed away, walking over to Primrose, whom she had taken a liking to, more than the taller folk she had met.
Old 08-27-2002, 05:00 PM   #99
Judge Simon
Wight

Boots

OoC: First and foremost, my apologies for not posting sooner, I'll try harder to post quicker, the school brain drain hit me pretty hard this year.

BiC:
At the sound of Collette's impatient voice, Jecht turned his head away from Thengise,pulling out of her hold and walked back toward the group.
Jecht-Alright lets go, Thorn you can walk for a little bit right? It won't be far, I know a guy that owes me a favor. We will be able to get some horses from him. [Jecht walked over to a rock on which rested his sword, He picked it up and shouldered it] We have a long road ahead.

They began walking along Jecht in the lead then Thorn and Kalia who was helping Thorn along just a bit. Just behinf them was Thengise and lastly were the perian talking quite animatedly with each other. They came to a large stone house were a portly man was standing. Jecht went over to him and they talked a bit. Jecht came back to the group
Jecht-Well I got you all some horses

The man brought them back around. They were quite magnificant beasts. Two white one cheasnut brown and two smaller grey ones for the perian.
Kalia- We're short a horse.
Jecht- No we're not[Jecht sounded one loud whistle and over the land and down the road came a big, black stallion]Thats my horse, I'd never ride any other. His name is Alez, there isn't one finer.

They all mounted their horses and headed down the road. The road that will eventually lead them to Mordor.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:59 PM   #100
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thengise mounted one of the white horses. It reminded her of her white horse Arien, which she had left back at home. She thanked the man who had given them the horses with much gratitude. She rode quietly behind Kalia, as she looked at the world around her. Lands she had not often seen. She turned around to see her best friend and Primrose talking. She smiled to know she was once more with her friend who had given everything up for her.

Thengise rode to the front by Jecht. "So what brought you over here and out of Mirkwood, if you were one of my father's captains?"Thengise asked as she tried to make conversation.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:49 PM   #101
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Kalia helped Thorn onto the chesnut horse.

"What's his name?" She asked the burly man as she put her red hair behind her ears.

He hastily replied: "Her name is Cunorro," and her turned away.

"Ok." She fingered her rose necklace.

She rode ahead next to Jecht and asked, "Where are we going and what are we to do when we reach there?"

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: ArwenBaggins ]
Old 08-28-2002, 03:09 PM   #102
Judge Simon
Wight

The Eye

Jecht looked over at Thengise.
Jecht-Whats a princess doing out here?{[he said coyly as Kalia rode up]We're off to Mordor, or I am any way, I won't hold it against you should you not want to go the whole way. Thengise's father wanted me there. He thinks I'm a good fighter, not like my father[Jecht added with a dark mote in his voice]
Old 08-29-2002, 11:46 AM   #103
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

"Well i'm just here to fight for my people and to serve a greater purpose than being bored in a palace,"Thengise answered. She looked at Jecht's saddened face after he mentioned his father. "I'm sorry for asking, but why doesn't your father think your a good fighter and why do you seem so sad?"she asked softly hoping she wouldn't upset Jecht by asking such personal questions.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:41 PM   #104
Judge Simon
Wight

Boots

Jecht tossed a sideways glance to Thengise. It was niether sad nor upset nor angry.
Jecht-My father, [he said in a slight laugh] You probably know something of my father. Bergild Avonstratfiod, ong name and long winded, almost glad I didn't inherit it. He never liked me. I am "my mother's child" apparently. He never called me by my name. Always 'Boy' or something like that. I left Mirkwood some years ago. Your father seemed to understand...
Old 08-30-2002, 11:38 PM   #105
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

Kalia mounted the other white horse. She patted the creature and thanked the man for lending the horses to them. She stroked the horse, >I'm making up a name< Jinal, on his head and looked at the people in front of her. She smiled and buried herself deep in her own thought.
"Feeling like a freak on a leash, feeling like I have no release. How many times have I felt diseased? Nothing in my life is free, is free.... Sometimes I cannot take this place, sometimes it's my life I can taste." - Korn 'Freak on a Leash'

Who are you?
Old 08-30-2002, 11:46 PM   #106
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

<< can i name my pony Bubba? PLLLEEEEEEASE?>>

Collette follwed behind on her seemingly un named pony, trotting the tracks of the elves. She wondered where they were going, vaguely as she had not payed attention when they had told her.
Where ever it may be,it was away from this filthy town, and she was glad to be leaving.
A smile actually crossed her face, when, delighted she found a Muffin <<wink,wink thengise>> in her pocket and began to much contently.

[ August 31, 2002: Message edited by: ColletteTook ]
Old 08-31-2002, 12:10 AM   #107
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

"My father is a very understanding person,"Thengise said smiling, yet she couldn't help but feel sorry for Jecht. "I bet you miss Mirkwood and your mother,"Thengise said softly as she remembered more of who Jecht was and how he had lost his mother. "I miss my mother too,"she continued for her mother had died in an orc raid. She had a sad look on her face, yet she forced a smile to make Jecht more comfortable.
Old 08-31-2002, 12:17 AM   #108
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collettes overbearing-friend side was suddenly brought out from no where, and she made "Bubba the Pony" trot to the front of the line to change the subject before she got her feelings hurt. " do you like cheese?" she asked Jecht obliviously.
Both elves gave her a very confused look, so she lagged behind and let them finish talking, her efforts in vain.
Old 08-31-2002, 09:49 AM   #109
Judge Simon
Wight

Boots

Jecht smiled and looked back around at Collette
jecht-Who doesn't like cheese? By the way, if you'd like to know the name of your pony is Bubba.[Jecht turned back to talk with Thengise] I don't like talking about my past much, theres no point in it. You can't change your past, you only can shape your future.
Old 08-31-2002, 02:47 PM   #110
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

"You are very correct,"Thengise smiled. She looked around at the scenery as they rode on. She began to wonder what would happen to them in the end. She also began to fear her own death, but she knew she had to do this for her people. She quietly thought to herself of all the possibilities. She stroked her horse's hair as they rode on.
Old 09-01-2002, 02:58 AM   #111
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

<< YES!!! WHOOHOO! *hugs bubba*>>

Collette trotted along, smiling a smile wider than the anduin, watching the puffy white clouds, looking like a pastry of some sort.....She pushed her hair out of her eyes again, and grinned openly at Thengise.
Another Adventure just beginning to unfold...
Old 09-01-2002, 07:01 PM   #112
Judge Simon
Wight

Sting

Jecht turned his gaze toward the road. And not a moment too soon.
Jecht-Get off the road!
Kalia-Whats going on?
Jecht-Now! Get off the road!
The elves and hobbits left the road just before group of three warriors stormed around Jecht. They had been charging down the road ahead. Jecht jumped from his horse and drew his sword and the riders followed suit. Jecht swung his sword wildly at the one that appeared to be their leader. The sword went far in him a stuck. Jecht released his grip on it and drew forth a long knife. As he was doing so Warrior2 stabbed Jecht in the small of his back. Jecht weiled around and he felt the sword rip through him. Jecht stabbed Warrior2 throug the upper neck but as Warrior2 fell Warrior3 punched Jecht in the face and Jecht fell to a knee. In a final effort Jecht plunged the knife into Warrior3 and as Jecht fell so did Warrior3. Jecht had killed the warriors but lay himself an inch from death...
Old 09-02-2002, 01:54 AM   #113
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

Kalia screamed, a rare thing, and ran towards Jecht.
"Jecht! Are you all right?" she yelled, kneeling next to him. "What was that?"

Who are you?
Old 09-02-2002, 08:14 AM   #114
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thorn was unable to do anything, thanks to her injury. She sat quietly on her horse.

Jecht was fainted on the hard ground. Kalia was around him, almost crying.

She slowly closed her eyes, and was deep in her thoughts. She remembered when she was little and her parents died, and how she was so helpless, and practically watched them die inside their little cottage.

She awoke again, and saw that the whole group was surrounding Jecht. She thought to herself: "I don't want to be helpless again. Jecht saved my life. I have to save his. I don't care how hurt I am."

She slide with pain off of her giant cinnamon horse. She crawled to the group.

"Is her going to be Ok?" She asked Thengise.

"I don't know. He needs medicine quickly though."
Old 09-02-2002, 02:54 PM   #115
Judge Simon
Wight

The Eye

Jecht felt many people around him. He knew he was on the ground but that was about it. To the groups amazement Jecht slowly managed to get to his feet on his own. He swayed little bit as his stood, but things began coming into clearer focus.
Kalia-You Ok?
Jecht just looked at her for a minute and then down over at the fallen warrior that still had his sword stuck in him. Jecht walked over and drew it from him. He wiped off the blood of it and resheathed. Jecht turned back round to the group
Jecht- Lets go[he said in a hollow, sort of dead voice]
Thorn-You're hurt, very badly, you can't possibly go on!
Jecht-[takes in a deep breath]I'll be fine
Collette- You can't be serious!
Jecht gave her a look that for the first time in a long time, got Collette to be quiet.
Thengise- I order you to stop and take some rest.[the group had never heard her use her authoritative tone and this time Jecht listened]
Jecht-Fine, but lets get off the road.

They walked a short distance away from the road but were well hidden amongst the trees. While the rest of the group was talking trying to figure out Jecht, Jecht went off aways from them...Jecht didn't want their help for his wounds. He had taken worse on his own...
Old 09-04-2002, 03:36 PM   #116
Primrose
Pile O'Bones

Eye

i have to leave this discussion because i have no time with skool
bubye yall

Old 09-04-2002, 10:10 PM   #117
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

<<Bye Primrose! I'll miss you! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] >>

Thengise talked among the others as they tried to figure out what should be done to help Jecht. Her eyes wandered to Jecht who was was beginning to disappear as he walked deeper into the forest. Thengise quietly slipped away from her friends. She followed him into the woods. He finally stopped at a very small clearing and sat on a rock. Thengise jumped into a tree almost above him and silently watched. He seemed so troubled yet he seemed to have too much pride to let them help him. After a while Thengise jumped down and sat herself next to Jecht on the rock. Jecht just turned to her as if having known she had followed. "You must let us help you,"Thengise said softly to him in elvish.
Old 09-05-2002, 03:31 PM   #118
Judge Simon
Wight

The Eye

Jecht stood up and walked a short distance away from her. He spoke to her without turning around.
Jecht-I'll be fine
Thengise-Don't be silly, Jecht, you're bleeding. Those guys gave you a beating. What was that about anyway?
Jecht-I don't know, just some radiers I guess. Come on, the others are waitng. We have to get to another town before night fall.[Jecht turned around and began to walk back toward the others, as he did Thengise noticed that something in his eyes seemed unnatural] My Lady, come on, we don't have much time left...

They walked back to the others and Jecht instructed them that they shouldn't use the road any longer..
Jecht- It'll be safer and I know a few short cuts that will save us some time[Jecht swung up on his horse] Ok...lets keep going...
Old 09-07-2002, 12:47 PM   #119
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thengise nodded and followed Jecht to the others, yet something in his eyes did not seem quite right. She quietly mounted the white horse and began to follow Jecht along with the others. She wondered who those men had been, yet she had a feeling Jecht knew something about it. Jecht's face seemed very troubled and Thengise couldn't help but wonder why. As they rode on Thengise looked back as if saying goodbye to her home. Oh how she missed Mirkwood. She looked back at Jecht. "What's wrong? You seem troubled,"she asked softly.
Old 09-07-2002, 05:25 PM   #120
Judge Simon
Wight

The Eye

Jecht turned to look at her
Jecht-I am not troubled[he lied]
Thengise-You're a poor liar Jecht.
Jecht- I do not lie, especially to my Lady.
Thengise-I told you there was no need for the formalities...
Jecht- I think there is. Things will change quickly once we get to Mordor. I wish you weren't going. I wish none of them were going either[he said meaning the rest of the compainions] Life is too precious to waste in the drudgeries of war and strife.
Thengise-and yet you go to it willingly...what about your life?
Jecht-My life[he said and there was a hollow ring in his voice]my life...it ened for me a long time ago[he said giving Thengise a deep look and rode on ahead]