Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2016, 08:22 PM   #601
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So are they successful in getting the wagons out or not? If not, what's plan B?
Old 03-07-2016, 09:04 PM   #602
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sorry if that wasn't clear... the men couldn't push them free but maybe the horses can pull them out.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:44 PM   #603
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ok, so you know what I said about not being able to write? I still can't, but it's just too tempting sometimes.

No clue who the other man is. Maybe it's not a man at all.

Also, not sure if I misinterpreted something... but I imagine that lighting and sound aren't the best in this setting. Is there anything specific that was done to light the way outdoors? Or is everyone stumbling about, hoping to find their way by touch and memory?

Last edited by Galadriel55; 03-07-2016 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:26 AM   #604
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sorry, Firefoot - your post was clear. I am just not sure yet if even horses can pull it out, and I figured instead of assuming and doing something someone else didn't think was right, we could figure that out here. It would be better for everyone involved if they could pull the wagons out. It will make a lot of difficulties if they can't.

Glad to see you active, Gal55!
Old 03-08-2016, 10:42 PM   #605
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I think Gal's idea with the board of wood is a good one, though given the shortage of wood after the winter they may need to salvage another of the carts for the right sort of plank.

Maybe a short way up the road it's a high enough elevation to not be wholly flooded? Anyone have more experience than me with dirt roads - how much of a quag would it be? Will the horses have any luck once the wagons (loaded down) get as far as the road?
Old 03-09-2016, 08:39 AM   #606
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Our roads all have gravel on them, and one can usually drive on them, so long as they're not underwater. Put boards down is a good idea. I haven't read her post yet.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:05 PM   #607
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Ok, so you know what I said about not being able to write? I still can't, but it's just too tempting sometimes.

No clue who the other man is. Maybe it's not a man at all.

Also, not sure if I misinterpreted something... but I imagine that lighting and sound aren't the best in this setting. Is there anything specific that was done to light the way outdoors? Or is everyone stumbling about, hoping to find their way by touch and memory?
It's pretty much dark. Maybe people have lanterns (they existed at the Long expected party), but that would be about it.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:14 PM   #608
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I don't have time to write more. I want to write some about the organization of the people inside the hall, but may not get around to it until ... honestly, I don't know. I got one wagon out. I presume the other will be gotten out the same way. We have 2 right?
Old 03-25-2016, 08:43 PM   #609
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Have we killed our interest with too much hardship?
Old 03-30-2016, 10:03 AM   #610
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

For my part, that is not the issue. I have just been swamped with school and extracurricular activities (both in school and out of it, but mostly in school). I hope that it will slow down again sufficiently for me to write on here again, soon.
Old 05-11-2020, 01:14 PM   #611
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
This Planning/Discussion Thread has now been closed.

It will be moved to Elvenhome & can be revived upon request of the players

~*~ Pio