Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-17-2005, 12:55 PM   #801
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Huzzah!

There, ceremony and celebration.

My post is done.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:07 PM   #802
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Your honor, I respectfully reserve 60 seconds for rebuttal...
Old 05-22-2005, 02:44 PM   #803
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Well done, Kuru! The Dwarf is a person of many talents indeed!

Why do I get the feeling that posting would be more active here if we added a couple of werewolves to the story?!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 05-22-2005, 03:36 PM   #804
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Maybe that's what happened to Diamond.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:10 PM   #805
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
Maybe that's what happened to Diamond.
Eh?
Old 05-22-2005, 06:48 PM   #806
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Ahh, so she hasn't been eaten. That's well. Can't be too careful and all that...
Old 05-22-2005, 10:31 PM   #807
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Ah. I thought you were implying I may have turned into a werewolf, which puzzled me seeing as how my temporary save fill in has great balls of fire rather than full moons.

Don't worry, a more permanent filler-inner is coming, it's just... taking time.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:11 PM   #808
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I have added a post to Kuruharan's in order to adjust the location of the characters. Diamond, if you need some changes, please tell me.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:07 AM   #809
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
I should be able to gather my wits and post by the end of the week.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:04 AM   #810
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

At some point, Greedhog will need to make his (proper) submission. This week is tricky and I am away for the Bank Holiday weekend, so it will have to wait 'til next week. Will it make sense following on from your post Lush, or shall I put up a SAVE afer Diamond's post?
Old 05-25-2005, 03:03 PM   #811
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Great post, Mith! Trust a loyer to win a point there!

I plan to post for Merisu/Yawanna next week before I leave for my vacation - I will wait to see what develops in the meantime. (So much for my dream of having completed this game before I'm gone...)
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 05-25-2005, 03:27 PM   #812
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
(So much for my dream of having completed this game before I'm gone...)
You should know us better than that by now! (It's been what...two, three years?) This could go on for months yet...
Old 05-26-2005, 05:27 PM   #813
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

My post is up, and totally not worth the wait, but you would have had to have waited months more to get a decent one.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:02 PM   #814
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
My post is up, and totally not worth the wait ...
It like totally was, dude.

Nice to see Vogie's poetry being put to good use for once (although, officially, I thoroughly disapprove of his actions, of course ).

I have put up a SAVE for Greedhog's submissions, but I doubt that I'll be able to fill it before next week. If Lush posts in the meantime and it makes more sense for it to come after, I'll move it.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:31 PM   #815
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Unfortunately, I must agree with Saucepan. Your post is excellently funny Diamond. I will need to read it again...

Yup! Still funny!
Old 05-27-2005, 02:52 PM   #816
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Very funny indeed, Diamond! I almost choked upon reading the first Pimpi/Vogy conversation, having seen SW Episode 3 last week - hilarious!

Should Merisu have noticed what's happened to Gravlox? Or are those paying attention to the trial too far away/preoccupied to see? I'm just wondering if there should be a reaction, or whether that would spoil your carefully laid plans, Mith.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:26 PM   #817
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Given the strategic situation, i.e the Itship is facing the amassed might of Mogul, any reaction would be unwise. Besides, all eyes are focused upon Sueim and Greedhog.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:32 PM   #818
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
I almost choked upon reading the first Pimpi/Vogy conversation, having seen SW Episode 3 last week - hilarious!
Now just imagine Darth Vader reciting poetry bewtween hoo-per's.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:46 PM   #819
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Save filled ...
Old 06-01-2005, 03:24 PM   #820
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...and wonderfully so, Saucy! What an enjoyable post! I chuckled most over the contrast between Greedhog's legalese and Mantoes' hip-speak, though I must mention "Court-ship" as runner-up.

I am writing a post for Yawanna which will have her getting Gatesy's message and beginning to have a shadow of a doubt. There is nothing I can really write for Merisu at the moment. As I am leaving on my US trip on Monday, June 6, I may not be able to post during the next couple of weeks. Please feel free to carry on.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:21 PM   #821
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

What a delightful post, Esty.

The tale of the West Side is fitting, oh so fitting. Oh, and do I detect an ever so subtle reference to a certain thread currently producing much heated debate ...? And I love Yawanna's anticipation of her tenure as Queen of Muddled-Mirth.

By the way. You do realise that it's all a set up. You should know by now never to trust unsolicited o-mails from senders with long, unintelligible names ...

Quote:
... though I must mention "Court-ship" as runner-up.
I am surprised that one hadn't been snaffled up already. Too obvious, perhaps?

Apologies to those who are unfamiliar with English courtroom "manners", certain London firms of solicitors or Latin legal phrases. I can assure you that Greedhog, in this instance, is no caricature. That's really how they speak!
Old 06-02-2005, 12:50 AM   #822
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
That's really how they speak!
I doubt it, Saucy - I could understand most of what Greedhog said!
Old 06-02-2005, 01:03 PM   #823
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
I've popped in to look as to when jumping in might be appropriate, but there seem to have been schemes-within-schemes that I wouldn't want to disturb. What's the immediate plan?

~R
Old 06-02-2005, 01:06 PM   #824
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Rim, your best bet is to PM Saucy and/or Mith to check with them. They won't tell me what they're up to!
Old 06-02-2005, 02:24 PM   #825
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Once Lush posts, I will be able to finish up our set piece and anyone is free to go. If you want to post now, go ahead, but don't save Gravlox, don't mess with the trial and don't reunite the Ent or wipe out the armies of Mogul.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:53 PM   #826
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Really, most of the trial planning has been down to Mith. I just take his instructions, like a good little loyer.

Once the trial is over, I suspect there will be a rather tumultuous battle, so it'll be pretty much a free for all. My only request is that, for the time being at least, neither Mogul nor Soregum get killed and the Entish parts remain unreconstituted.

Anyone is free to take down Greedhog during the battle - provided, of course, that they fulfil the criteria for doing so. Although the spectacle of a loyer being taken out by one of his own might be fun. No honour among thieves and all that ...
Old 06-04-2005, 03:44 PM   #827
Lush
Fair and Cold

Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sorry guys, I seem to be suffering from severe writer's block. It's late here in Amman. I think I'll sleep on it and do my bestest to post in the morning.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:12 AM   #828
Lush
Fair and Cold

Ok, save is filled. Mith take a look and see if I'm missing anything.

It's kind of....crap, but the desert heat has currently melted my creativity.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:24 PM   #829
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

*To the accompaniment of fife and drum music, Mithadan creeps back tiredly from the City on the banks of the River Charles....

Lush! Wonderful!
Old 06-16-2005, 06:52 AM   #830
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

The post which will fill in my save will be rather long. Unfortunately, I don't think I will have time to fill it in before I leave for vacation this saturday. My apologies. If I can somehow get it done, I will.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:39 AM   #831
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Greetings from Far Far Away! (located in central Texas) I enjoyed reading your post, Lush - very funny! Depend on Leninia to make the fulfillment of her wishes look like a political manifest! Mith, I look forward to your post, whenever you have it ready.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:30 AM   #832
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
...and the world holds its collective breath awaiting the eventual climax and denouement of the story...which explains why most of them have turned blue and passed out...
Old 06-30-2005, 12:24 PM   #833
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I'm back from vacation, and what do I see? The last post, save for Lush's save, is my own, over three weeks ago. I suppose everyone is still waiting for Mith's save in order to know how to proceed...

*Esty pokes Mith!
Old 06-30-2005, 05:49 PM   #834
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

*Ouch

I'm back and working on it. Sorry all.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:24 PM   #835
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

I've filled in my save. Actually I broke it in two. The new save, "Of the Curse Upon the House of Who-Him and the Prophecy of the Step-Sister of All Battles" is back story only. So you all can have at it and begin hacking away! Please note Saucepan's prior admonishments regarding who can be killed (and how) and who cannot be killed.

Battle on Dudes and Dudettes!

Oh and thank you Diamond and Lush for your distinguished and excellent assistance.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:46 AM   #836
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

It's great to see things moving again! Thanks for two wonderful posts, Mith - that second one was above and beyond the call of duty, making it all the more enjoyable.

While I was in the States, I bought The Sillymarillion - amusing reading, but I couldn't help but think that posts like this last one by Mith and Saucy's epic back stories are every bit as good and better. I'm very proud of what we've accomplished here - I don't think it would be possible to get the RPG into publishable form, but it is a fantastic piece of reading! My heartfelt thanks to all of you for making it so.

Saucy, your save gives us something to look forward to!

It's fun to sit back and let you guys write the battle - let me know if there's anything I can do someday!
Old 07-09-2005, 08:17 AM   #837
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye Save filled

OK Mith - I'll see your Too-thin and raise you an Ancalorgas ...

I will be away for the next two weeks, so it looks like I might miss some of the great battle that is to follow. Mind you, at the rate this story moves it will probably still be in full swing when I return. I do hope so, as I would like to post something about Soregum and, of course, Mogul's final (? ) confrontation with the Itship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
It's fun to sit back and let you guys write the battle - let me know if there's anything I can do someday!
Why? Isn't Merisu participating? And, in any event, isn't the scorned Yawanna going to lead the Velour back into battle, US cavalry style?

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 07-09-2005 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:04 PM   #838
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Thanks, Saucy, for taking the time to write your wonderful post before leaving on vacation! It is both appreciated and very much enjoyed! I especially enjoyed Greedhog's lament on playing fair and the Trekian technobabble about the time continuum. (And the line "to curry favour" reminds me of a lyric from P.D.Q. Bach's "The Seasonings" - "To curry favour, favour curry.") Now I think the Itship really needs a eucatastrophe!

Is it a free-for-all now? Mith, Saucy, any guidelines or can the rest of us jump into the fray and wreak our usual havoc as we wish?

I'd like to ask the rest of you for a brief roll-call; as always, I will post, of course, if no one else does, but it would be nice to have more participation again. So, who's next?? Thena? Kuru? Diamond? Lush? (That's all of us who are left - I wonder if the Werewolves have been secretly at large on more threads than just their specified ones!)
Old 07-09-2005, 04:48 PM   #839
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Our long running subplot has now been completed. Have at it!
Old 07-11-2005, 07:35 AM   #840
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A huge thanks to both of you for the wonderful long-term planning you've done for this sub-plot! It took a lot of thought and time to write those excellent posts, and I enjoyed letting you move the plot along. Now it's time for the rest of us to do our share - I will begin with a post for Merisu and have put up a save to that end. Then I hope others will jump in and battle. I reserve the final confrontation for Yawanna; other than that, no restrictions.