The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2003, 01:19 PM   #81
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>quote:<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR> ~Billy Boyd~<BR>Reign of Fire {He was an extra in this, but I saw him quite frequently. It shocked me, really, to see him. Oh, and he got to keep his accent}<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P><BR>Really?! I never noticed. I suppose I should now rent the movie and attempt to find him...<P>quote:<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>~Brad Dourif~<BR>Urban Legend <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P><BR>He is? I saw that movie twice and never realized. Who did he play?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>When you go looking for Billy, he is in the scene right after they kill that dragon and they are having the party. I can't remember exactly what they are saying, but he walks behind Christian Bale when he {Christian} is talking to another person. Billy can also be seen later on when they are leaving to go fight the male dragon. He dies though when the dragon kills everyone in the cars. It doesn't show it, but you will know he does. <P>{Oh, by the way, sorry if I just ruined the movie for anyone who wanted to see it. } <P>Oh, and I'm not sure about the Urban Legend one. I saw it only once and a while back, so I don't remember what his character was. I just remember seeing him...if that makes sense.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>LOL! Ain't that the truth! "GOONIES never say die! " I read the book before the movie, and I was disappointed that they left out his "Goonie Oath" -- which while reading the book I thought he made up out of his little 13-year old head....but it was CLASSIC...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I had no idea there was a book! I have to go get it and read it!
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 06:42 PM   #82
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> ~Billy Boyd~<BR>Reign of Fire {<BR>He was an extra in this, but I saw him quite frequently. It shocked me, really, to see him. Oh, and he got to keep his accent}<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I am very surprised that he was just an extra, given that acting seems to have been an alien art to most of the leads. What a dreadfully disappointing film.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:37 PM   #83
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I have to say that I'd never heard of most of the actors before seeing FotR. I <B>had</B> heard of Christopher Lee, but as I'm not a horror movie fan, I had never bothered to see any of his films. I had also heard of Sean Astin as my kids and their friends really loved "The Goonies", although I never saw it myself until a couple of weeks ago. I had never heard of Elijah Wood prior to FotR. But in reading a list of his films, I discovered that I <B>had</B> seen him in a movie before. Anyone remember "Paradise"? I saw it years ago and was surprised to read that he had played the little boy in the film.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:53 PM   #84
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I almost watched The Prophecy once at about 2 a.m. But unfortunately I didn't. And now I want to see Reign of Fire so I can spot Billy.<P>Ha ha, I got one that nobody else did! At least, I think so. Brad Dourif was in Mississippi Burning. Disturbing movie. <P>[EDIT]: Empire Records!! How could I have forgotten Empire Records! I love that movie...<p>[ June 22, 2003: Message edited by: Horse-Maiden of the Shire ]
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 09:11 PM   #85
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Also, Billy has an upcoming role in Master and Commander. I think that's the one with Russell Crowe.
Old 06-22-2003, 09:11 PM   #86
manaratowen
Pile O'Bones

manaratowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to manaratowen
Sting

i found out today that john reys-daveis was in jungle book 2. he plays the father.
Old 06-22-2003, 10:00 PM   #87
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I have to say that I'd never heard of most of the actors before seeing FotR....I had never heard of Elijah Wood prior to FotR. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>That makes me feel better. Not really much of a cinemaphile myself, and though there was a faint recognition of Li'l Mr. Wood's name, I had never seen him in anything that I was aware of.<BR>As for Mr. Astin, saw him in GOONIES, of course, but that was it, and needless to say the stretch of time between that and LOTR made me forget who he was....(until I was at Lord of the Rings.net, looked up "Sam", saw GOONIES at the top of his film credits, looked into his eyes a few seconds and then went, "MIKEY!!! How did you get so big!?!?"
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 10:02 PM   #88
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Sean Bean is in <I>Troy</I> as well..he has been cast as Odysseus I think. has someone allready mentioned it *looks up*
Taralphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 12:33 AM   #89
Melichus
Haunting Spirit

Melichus has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I just saw Brad Dourif in a haunting performance of a clairvoyant Death Row inmate in an old re-run of <I>The X-Files</I>. I believe the episode is called "Beyond the Sea"... I only bring it up because I suspect that by now we have exhausted just about every other movie role that these actors have been in, so I might as well resort to obscure television performances.
"The other [theme] had now achieved a unity of its own; but it was loud, and vain, and endlessly repeated; and it had little harmony...and it essayed to drown the other music by the violence of its voice, but it seemed that its most triumphant notes were taken by the other and woven into its own solemn pattern..."
Melichus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 08:56 PM   #90
Dūrvagor Cormyr

Sting

Also, if it hadn't already been mentioned, Sean Bean was in Goldeneye, a bond movie.<BR>Also, the actor who played bilbo (my mind has gone blank of what his name is) was in Hamlet with Mel Gibson. And, for a movie that might come out, and is based on the video game splinter cell, viggo mortenson was recommended to be the main character. those are a few that i know.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:34 PM   #91
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

oh yeah! the 'she tastes like strawberries' line! very evil! <P>Oh yeah, and Ian Holm was in the Fifth Element as the Priest Cornelius *sp?* I loved that movie!
Taralphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:11 PM   #92
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

David Wenham (Faramir) was in "The Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course". He played the guy who was always getting attacked by the dogs. I know he looks SOOOO different than in LOTR but I guess that was because he had a lot of makeup to make him look more like Sean Bean.<P>Orlando Bloom (Legolas) is also going to be in "Pirates of the Caribbean".
Old 06-27-2003, 07:43 PM   #93
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dūm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Orlando Bloom (Legolas) is also going to be in "Pirates of the Caribbean". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh yeah, that'll be an eye opener for the rabid fangirls of Legolas! Already in the trailers he's kissing a girl...
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 09:36 PM   #94
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I laughed when I read that David Wenham played a transvestite because I keep imagining Faramir in a dress. I'm sorry. Now I want to see Crocodile Hunter and Moulin Rouge. Pathetic, ain't it?<P>And I saw Billy in Reign of Fire! He looks different.
Old 06-27-2003, 09:52 PM   #95
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Question

Did anyone go to the LOTR movies thinking:<BR> <BR>"I want to see so-and-so (that they'd previously seen in another movie) play such-and-such character?"<P>I wanted to see how Sean Astin (who I hadn't seen in anything since GOONIES--NO, I'm not much of a cinemaphile) play Sam. The first time I saw FOTR he was the only one I was looking for.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-28-2003, 10:01 AM   #96
Eruwen

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>And I saw Billy in Reign of Fire! He looks different.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Doesn't he though? It might just be that he doesn't have his Hobbit stuff on though. But he looks so much younger to me. <P>Oh, and I always thought about something. Well, ever since I watched the Goonies, that is. I always wanted them to make a sequal to the Goonies of when everyone is all grown up. Just think. When we saw LOTR, we saw an all-grown up Mikey. If they made a 2nd Goonies, we would be seeing Sam as Mikey once again. That's just always something I thought about though.
Old 06-28-2003, 11:31 AM   #97
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I wanted to see Ian McIllean play Gandalf & Sean Bean play Broimir. I bet this has been mentioned before, but we're all almost about to see Orlando Bloom in PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN! Score! ( not seeing Orli persay, more like seeing POTC, i'm male )
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 12:22 PM   #98
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Oh, and I always thought about something. Well, ever since I watched the Goonies, that is. I always wanted them to make a sequal to the Goonies of when everyone is all grown up. Just think. When we saw LOTR, we saw an all-grown up Mikey. If they made a 2nd Goonies, we would be seeing Sam as Mikey once again. That's just always something I thought about though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>That would be fun. I once found a GOONIES fan site, where the webmaster had actually posted part of his script for "GOONIES II". I didn't care much for it, but that's just me... <BR>The webmaster got married, and all you found on the site after a while was a screen that said "This site under construction". It was there for so long I finally gave up. <BR> I'm writing my own sort of sequel to the GOONIES as a fan fiction on another site. Gotta satisfy that need somehow...
Old 06-28-2003, 12:35 PM   #99
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I can't see that anyone has answered Frodo Baggins' question yet about Brad Dourif, so I, an inveterate fan of Babylon 5, shall do so in part at least: Brad played a murderer turned monk in the third season episode "Passing Through Gethsemane." It is a wonderful episode with an outstanding acting job by Dourif!<P>Let's see, some other movies that I enjoyed with my favorite LOTR actors:<BR>Sean Astin: Harrison Bergeron (based on a Kurt Vonnegut short story-quite an interesting film!)<BR>Christopher Lee: gotta give another mention to Gormenghast! Someone mentioned it earlier, but Lee IS Mr. Flay! A must see!<BR>Ian McKellen: Richard III, Gods and Monsters, Restoration<BR>Elijah Wood: Radio Flyer (just remember a wagon flying off a cliff...)<BR>John Rhys-Davies: Sliders, a pretty cool TV series! And great as Macro in I, Claudius! Also who can forget John Hurt's Caligula?<BR>Ian Holm: Brazil (Terry Gilliam at his weirdest!), also Ian played Frodo in the BBC LOTR adaptation for radio!<BR>Peter Jackson (OK, not an actor): Meet the Feebles-the oddest live action puppetry --so different from LOTR I can't even BEGIN to tell you! You've just GOT to see it!<P>I'll end now, I"m sure there's lots more out there!<BR>Cheers,<BR>Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 12:59 PM   #100
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I hadn't heard of these actors before FoTR come out, (except Christopher Lee, of course) but I'm not much for following these things. Afterwards though, I'm seeing these guys all over the place! One day I flipped on the TV while I was ironing and there was little Frodo in <I>The Good Son</I>! I had to watch the whole thing. Another day it was Boromir in <I>Patriot Games</I> and then some James Bond thing. There has been a steady stream of them. My daughter and I just look at each other and say, you know I think that that's Grima or Gimli or what have you....
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 01:14 PM   #101
Elentįri
Wight

Elentįri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hmm well i hadn't heard of <I>any</I> of them before i saw lotr and got...um...obss essed <P>yummm orli...(ok i won't leave a trail of drool, i promise!) yes, he's done a film called the Calcium Kid (playing a milkman who becomes a boxer or something...)...and he's doin Troy, and Pirates of the Carribbean is coming out, as is the Kelly Gang....and i seen him in Wilde, lotr and Midsomer murders<BR>anyway...<BR>i saw Sean Astin in Like Father Like Son...gave me a shock when i recognised him actually...lol<BR>oh yeah and i saw Sean Bean in the Bond movie...
Old 06-28-2003, 04:48 PM   #102
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Christopher Lee: innumerable appearances<BR> Elijah Wood: Back to the Future 2 ( or 3? )<P> Wood only had a small part, he was the kid playing the video games...
Old 06-28-2003, 10:05 PM   #103
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Also:<BR> Ian McKellen ( Gandalf ): X-Men, & X2 ( I'm sure those have already been mentioned before )<BR> Viggo Mortenson: 28 days<P>
Old 06-30-2003, 03:24 PM   #104
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I laughed when I read that David Wenham played a transvestite because I keep imagining Faramir in a dress. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>A while back I found a picture of David Wenham in a wedding dress Unfortunately I can't find the website, but I have the picture on my picture file. Does anyone know how I can get it online? Like, on a simple webpage? I'm trying but it never seems to work.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:22 PM   #105
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Brad Dourif: One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Ragtime, Mississippi Burning, The Eyes of Laura Mars, Wise Blood, Blue Velvet, Dune, The Exorcist III, Hidden Agenda, Jungle Fever, Murder in the First, The Color of Night, Nightwatch, Alien Resurrection, the voice of Chucky in all 4 Child's Play movies, and Senseless; to name a few.<BR> <BR> Christopher Lee: A Tale of Two Cities, Dracula, The Wicker Man, The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, The Three and The Four Musketeers, The Man with the Golden Gun, 1941, Airport 77, Gremlins II, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Star Wars - Episode 2: Attack of the Clones, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, & soon to be Star wars episode 3 & RotK. Plus only about 235 others... ! <p>[ June 30, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
Old 07-01-2003, 01:08 AM   #106
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Orlando Bloom is also about to begin filming on a new war-time movie called 'Closing The Ring' in scotland shortly, he is a supporting actor and the lead is yet to be named.<BR>(ok so i love my movies )<P>I also heard somewhere that Dominic Monaghan is in Terminator 3... is this correct?

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 06:49 AM   #107
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

I can't see it on the cast list
Old 07-01-2003, 11:17 AM   #108
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Brad Dourif: One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Really? As who?
Old 07-01-2003, 07:40 PM   #109
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Sorry, don't remember. Here's some more that I thought of:<BR> Elijah Wood: Radio Flyer, Forever Young, Huck Finn, The Good Son, North, The War, Flipper, Internal Affairs, Avalon and Back to the Future Part 2<BR> John Rhys-Davies: Victor/Victoria, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Living Daylights, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade,The Black Windmill.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:47 AM   #110
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

John Rhys-Davies is also in an ancient history video that we watched at school... Very Amusing the videos you can find. In Legal we got hold of Russel Crowe's first ever acting job, playing a guy who was arrested. (it was a court trial video.)<P>And I trust you guys have seen Karl Urban in Ghost Ship...

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 07-02-2003, 04:51 AM   #111
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

I'll be seeing it real soon. It hasn't been out in the cinema, so I have to wait for the dvd. Do you know where I can find a really good photo gallery for the film, preferably with pics of Karl Urban, which seem to not exist so far.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:41 PM   #112
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Marton Csokas/Celeborn was in SW 2 underneath a mask and costume as one of the senators or was it one of the aliens at Dooku's table. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Really???!!! I never knew! That is going to be driving me nuts now so I have to look up which one he was. Come to think of it wasn't he in Triple X too as the bad guy?<P>Other than that I remembered Liv from Armagendon but I didn't know Hugo Weaving was in the Matrix until I saw it for the first time a couple months ago. Then a few weeks later I ran out and saw Reloaded and greatly enjoyed it.<p>[ July 02, 2003: Message edited by: Silmiel of Imladris ]

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 01:38 AM   #113
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

And i just remembered that Viggo Mortensen is in G.I. JANE.. i dont know if anyone has said that already...

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 07-04-2003, 10:40 PM   #114
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

And i saw in the Womans Weekly, Viggo Mortensen is in another movie, damn i wish I could remember the name, ill get it though, its about the first american to ride some arabian Desert race. It came with a pic, of him riding a horse and loking just as grubby as Aragron.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 07-05-2003, 02:45 PM   #115
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Hidalgo. Its gonna be brilliant.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:15 AM   #116
Willow White-Swan

Sting

i know its slight off stubject but not quiet it envolves acting. well over Xmas i saw Sean Bean play MacBeth in a theatre in London he was actually quiet good, MacBeth with a Sheffield accent. yup good good. <BR>And I cant ever think of Sean Bean except when he was in Sharpe the tv series written by Bernard Cornwell, im almost as obbessed about that as i am about LOTR.<P>anyway thats my two pennies worth
Old 07-10-2003, 07:25 AM   #117
Eruwen

Tolkien

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I also heard somewhere that Dominic Monaghan is in Terminator 3... is this correct?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Dom...in T3? Oh, I have to go research this one.....<P>Well, I just went to his site and it says nothing about being in <I>Terminator 3</I>. The only movies he's supposed to appear in is <I>LOTR:ROTK</I> and <I>An Insomniac's Nightmare</I><p>[ July 10, 2003: Message edited by: Eruwen ]
Old 07-10-2003, 10:38 AM   #118
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

I don't think that Dom is in T3 but there is someone that looks remarkably like him but they don't have the same voice so that tipped me off that it wasn't him. Yet I could be wrong because I have only seen the previews.

Old 07-10-2003, 10:43 AM   #119
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Nope I looked at the cast list and Dom is nowhere to be found. The guy that looks like him name is Nick Stahl. The saying must be true that there is at least 10 people in the world that look like you.

Old 07-10-2003, 01:53 PM   #120
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

BethoHOG has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to BethoHOG
Sting

Elijah Wood in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It comes out this November.<p>[ July 10, 2003: Message edited by: BethoHOG ]