The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2006, 03:40 PM   #2001
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
S please

(btw, I'll be away for a week)
Old 07-22-2006, 12:43 AM   #2002
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
-- -as --- --s- -a-- - ---- -a--, an- --a-'s sa--n- so-----n-.

(I hope your time off means vacation, Guinevere! Have a good time - we'll miss you and look forward to having you back again soon.)
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:56 PM   #2003
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"e"s?
Old 07-24-2006, 03:03 PM   #2004
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
+e

-- -as --e -es- -a-e - e-e- -a-e, an- --a-'s sa--n- so-e---n-.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 07-29-2006, 02:17 PM   #2005
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

I'm back from vacation.
(thanks for the good wishes, Esty! I was in Italy with my family, it was almost too hot, but fun, nevertheless!)

and now I can see, even without T , that this must be Nokes speaking to Alf:

"It was the best cake I ever made, and that's saying something."
Old 07-29-2006, 02:54 PM   #2006
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Awww, you didn't want T with your cake?

Nice to have you back, Guinevere - as you can see, it's slow going when you're not around! Glad to hear that you nad a nice vacation!

Oh, and you're quite right, of course. Carry on!
Old 07-31-2006, 03:23 PM   #2007
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thank you, Esty!

Try this one:

"-/ ------/ ----/ -------/ ----/ -/ ------/ -----/ ----/ -------/ --/ -----/ ---/ --------/ ------/ ----/ ----/!"
Old 08-03-2006, 01:58 AM   #2008
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Let's start off with a vowel this time: "I", please.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:56 AM   #2009
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Voilą!

"I/ ------/ ----/ -------/ ----/ -/ -i----/ -----/ ----/ -------/ --/ -----/ -i-/ --------/ ------/ ----/ ----/!"
Old 08-03-2006, 11:45 AM   #2010
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Hmmm, still one single lettered word - let's try "A", please.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:13 PM   #2011
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"o"s, please.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:42 PM   #2012
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

- only vowels - that's a novelty in this thread!

"I/ --o---/ -a--/ --o----/ --a-/ a/ -i-a--/ -o---/ -a--/ -a-a---/ -o/ -a---/ -i-/ --o-----/ ------/ --a-/ --a-/!"
Old 08-03-2006, 01:57 PM   #2013
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Ah, that's a good start, though it does take consonants to really find the words: S, please.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:22 PM   #2014
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"I/ s-o---/ -a--/ --o----/ --a-/ a/ -i-a--/ -o---/ -a--/ -a-a---/ -o/ -a---/ -is/ --o-s--s/ ------/ --a-/ --a-/!"
Old 08-04-2006, 06:02 AM   #2015
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T-time, isn't it?!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:45 AM   #2016
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

plenty of T for you!

"I/ s-o---/ -a--/ t-o---t/ t-at/ a/ -i-a--/ -o---/ -a--/ -a-a---/ to/ -at--/ -is/ t-o-s--s/ --tt--/ t-a-/ t-at/!"
Old 08-04-2006, 09:56 AM   #2017
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Got it! A very nice quote for a patchworker - though I must say, I am pickier about my color combinations than Artaxerxes...
Quote:
'I should have thought that a wizard could have managed to patch his trousers better than that!' said Roverandom.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:03 AM   #2018
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up

I knew the T would do the trick!
Old 08-04-2006, 03:02 PM   #2019
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Here's a new one:
Quote:
---- --- -- ---- ---- --- ----- ----- ---, -- --- ---- -- ----? ------ --- ---- --- -----.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #2020
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Let's start with A
Old 08-05-2006, 12:44 PM   #2021
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A

-a-- --- -- --a- --a- --- ----- ----- -a-, -- --- ---- -- ----? ------ --- -a-- --- --a--.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:01 PM   #2022
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Hm... H perhaps ?
Old 08-05-2006, 03:03 PM   #2023
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A H !

Ha-- --- -- --a- -ha- -h- ----- ---h- -a-, -- -h- ---- -- -h--? ------ --- ha-- h-- --a--.

Good choice!
Old 08-05-2006, 03:14 PM   #2024
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"Aha !" indeed!

"Have you no fear what the queen might say, if she knew of this? Unless you have her leave."

The elf maiden (in reality the queen of Faery) to Smith.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:26 PM   #2025
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Wow, fantastic! Great job, Guinevere!
Old 08-06-2006, 01:57 PM   #2026
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thank you, Esty! That was just lucky guessing of the first 6 words.

Here's an invitation (might be from me )

"---/ ----/ --/ ---/ ---- _-----/. ---/ ----/ ----/ --/ ---/ ----/. ----! ---/ ----/ ----/ ---/ --------/."
Old 08-07-2006, 12:49 PM   #2027
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Well, let's try "T" first...
Old 08-07-2006, 12:54 PM   #2028
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

One T for you

"---/ ----/ --/ --t/ ---- _-----/. ---/ ----/ ----/ --/ ---/ ----/. ----! ---/ ----/ ----/ ---/ --------/."
Old 08-08-2006, 07:25 AM   #2029
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S T

Adding my standard favorite letter to the list: S, please.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:16 AM   #2030
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"---/ s---/ -s/ --t/ ---- _-----/. ---/ ----/ ----/ --/ ---/ ----/. ----! ---/ ----/ ---s/ ---/ s-------/."
Old 08-08-2006, 12:04 PM   #2031
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420!

"o"s?
Old 08-08-2006, 01:30 PM   #2032
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Good choice!

"O--/ s---/ -s/ -ot/ ---- _-----/. O--/ -o--/ o---/ --/ ---/ ----/. -o--! -o-/ -o--/ ---s/ ---/ s-------/."
Old 08-09-2006, 07:49 AM   #2033
Mirkgirl
Haunting Spirit

Mirkgirl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkgirl
How about N?
"Hobbits! Well, what next? I have heard of strange doings in this land, but I have seldom heard of a hobbit sleeping out of doors under a tree. Three of them! There's something mighty queer behind this."
Mirkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:12 AM   #2034
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"r"s, please.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:52 PM   #2035
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"O-r/ s---/ -s/ not/ ---- _----n/. On-/ -or-/ on--/ --/ ---/ ---r/. -o--! -or/ -o-r/ ---s/ -r-/ s-----n-/."

and welcome to the game, Mirkgirl!
Old 08-10-2006, 12:05 PM   #2036
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"y"s?
Old 08-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #2037
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"O-r/ s---/ -s/ not/ ---- _----n/. On-/ -or-/ on-y/ --/ --y/ ---r/. -o--! -or/ yo-r/ --ys/ -r-/ s-----n-/."
Old 08-15-2006, 11:04 AM   #2038
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"u"s, please.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:54 AM   #2039
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"Our/ s---/ -s/ not/ -u-- _----n/. On-/ -or-/ on-y/ --/ --y/ ---r/. -o--! -or/ your/ --ys/ -r-/ s-----n-/."
Old 08-23-2006, 12:37 PM   #2040
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"h's"?