The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-02-2006, 09:21 PM   #161
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Valier

post #27 - usual first Day post. Said the only thing to do is to sit, observe, and ponder things, and expressed reluctance to commit to a lynchee until she has thought things through. Hoped to be back with a plan to keep the village in its order, but that could be just an in-character statement.

post #42 - Suddenly voted for Jenny, with all previous thoughts (that of Farael, Mac, and Rune not looking suspicious, but just their first Day selves) forgotten. Might have seen it as a sign of sorts that Jenny suddenly posted with a vote for her just when she was looking for her. Whatever happened to thinking things through?

post #59 - Didn't think Menel or Rune were werecreatures, so she didn't vote for them. Why point that out? To make herself look good? Thought Farael acted a bit strange. Attributed her vote for Jenny to a "weird feeling."

post #105 - Asserted that her vote for Jenny was as random as everyone else's, and thought it funny that people would think it weird. Said she always posts on first Days with silly posts, and hates trying to be all serious.

Point is, it wasn't as random as she thinks. It's retaliatory. Whether or not it was her intention, that's how we see it.

post #106 - Defended her vote once and for all, and her early post on that Day. Thought Farael and Holby a Lover pair. Pointed out that Holby was the first to vote for her, and Farael's vote for Holby was risky, but she can see it from Farael. Thought Macalaure seems a bit agressive, and was almost certain that he is bad. Found Lhuna, Jenny, and Durelin a bit suspicious, but was not sure why. Thought Fin a confused ordo, and said all his points against her rather lame. Thought morm, Kath, Rikae, and Lommy ordos. Might vote for Farael or Holby.

post #111 - Voted for Holby. Said a tiny, mirthful threat should she be wrong.

Goodness, this is taking so long...but I'm still feeling a bit disturbed about you, Valier.

ToDay she thinks Farael and Mac the last werepair. Suspects Farael's "told you statement," but in my opinion she had one herself, though put differently, the Day before. Suspects Mac because she thinks he wants us not to look at him by telling us to do so, and he has a weak list of suspects. Thinks Kath, Lhuna, and Rikae innocent.

In my opinion, those were rather weak arguments against Farael and Mac. The length of her innocents list is disconcerting; I wonder if she knows that they're innocents for sure. On the whole, I am disturbed by her inconsistency, defensiveness, and by those teeny weeny threaty thingies. It seems to assert her knowledge of things, which is rather distracting because we certainly won't believe her, and puts them in a mirthful light. I hope we find a Werecreature/Lover in you.

++VALIER
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #162
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Cross-posted with Farael previously. Exactly Farael, I know that's normal for you, and I know you wouldn't change any of that whatever your role, so I'm concerned that maybe you DO have a special role and...that's confusing. All I'm saying is that you can be pretty consistent with your actions, and I've known you as a Lover, so it's scary for me.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:29 PM   #163
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
++ Farael

Ha ha you guys killed your Ranger!!

Last edited by Valier; 11-02-2006 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Look at Farael and Durelin when I'm gone
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:31 PM   #164
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Deadline time. And Valier stole my narrative thunder but can you blame her?
Old 11-02-2006, 09:32 PM   #165
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I hope you are telling the truth, Valier...

++Farael

O Fool, I shall go mad!

Edit: Ack! Sorry! I really hope this counts (clock is off by a few minutes!). Cross-posted...

Last edited by Durelin; 11-02-2006 at 09:38 PM.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:50 PM   #166
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Sting

The Elves arranged themselves in a circle around Valier, eyeing her with mistrust. Farael pulled out a straight jacket and wrestled Valier to the ground, where he put said straight jacket on her. Valier thrashed and and threatened to fix his little red wagon, but Lhuna rose sleepily from where she had been napping in a hammock, and taking her pillow, proceeded to smother the Arranger.

"Mmmmmph!" came Valier's muffled voice. "You guys just killed your Ranger! Look at Farael and Durelin when I'm gone!"

Then, choking on goose down, she expired.

~*~*~*~

The Living Elves:

Mac - Builder of Gibbets, unemployed for millennia
Kath - Flower Girl
Durelin - Lead Tragic Actor
Lhuna - Beautiful Girl with Sleeping Sickness
Farael - Patient suffering from Mad Elf Disease
Rikae - Contortionist

The Dead 'Uns

tgwbs - Tragic Elven Hero and Lover of Diamond - (co-mod) - Stabbed himself eight times and subsequently eaten by the Werebird

Diamond - Elven Maid - (mod) - Crushed in the embrace of the Werebear

Menel - Mad Scientist - (ordo) - Beaten with an undead leg and a chamber pot and stabbed with red hot tongs (Day 1)

Nogrod - a Smith of the Billmarins - (watcher) - Savagely murdered by the Werecat and devoured in the long grass (Night 2)

Arctic Storm - Raving Alcoholic, Resident Moocher, and Lover of Naria - (lover) - Devoured head first by the Werebird (Night 2)

Naria - Lemba Baker - (werecat) - Dashed out her brains on the Ringbearer's Rock (Night 2)

Kitanna - One Legged Chambermaid - (ordo) - Ripped in two by the Werebear (Night 2)

Rune - Humungous Fungus Grower - (ordo) - Minced up into fertilizer by the Werewolf (Night 2)

Holbytlass - Oliphaunt Whisperer and Lover of Fintaeph - (lover) - Burned at the stake (Day 2)

Fintaeph - Mutton Herder and Purveyor of Fine-Quality Undead Prosthetic Limbs - (werebird) - Died a fiery death trying to save his lover from the flames (Day 2)

Lommy - Ostrich Chaser - (ordo) - Lured into a dark alley and devoured by the Werewolf (Night 3)

JennyHallu - Countess and Lover of mormegil - (lover) - Ripped apart and scattered in countless pieces by the Werebear (Night 3)

Mormegil - City Street Cleaner - (werewolf) - Despaired and died amongst the shreds of his lover (Night 3)

Valier - Arranger - (ranger) - Smothered to death with a goosedown pillow (Day 3)
Old 11-04-2006, 02:19 AM   #167
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

Kath did not want to get up and leave the safety of her home, but her moonflowers needed tending to, so she crept out into the garden under the silvery light of the full moon. "If I'm quiet," she thought, "they won't know I'm up and about...."

She snuck about with her watering can and garden shears, being very careful not to make too much noise. She thought she was doing very well, and was almost done when she heard the ominous twinkling of wind chimes. Gasping involuntarily, she looked wildly about. It was only the wind....

Or was it?

Suddenly, out from behind a forsythia bush, leapt the Werebear. Kath screamed, dropping the watering can. She waved the shears at the bear, crying, "Get away!" But the bear seized her arm and broke it off, tossing shears and limb aside. Kath fainted from pain and horror, and the bear dragged her limp body through the marigolds to devour it under the rose trellis.

Nearby, the Werebear's lover mused, "Would a Kath by any other name taste as sweet?"

~*~*~*~

The Living Elves:

Mac - Builder of Gibbets, unemployed for millennia
Durelin - Lead Tragic Actor
Lhuna - Beautiful Girl with Sleeping Sickness
Farael - Patient suffering from Mad Elf Disease
Rikae - Contortionist

The Dead 'Uns

tgwbs - Tragic Elven Hero and Lover of Diamond - (co-mod) - Stabbed himself eight times and subsequently eaten by the Werebird

Menel - Mad Scientist - (ordo) - Beaten with an undead leg and a chamber pot and stabbed with red hot tongs (Day 1)

Nogrod - a Smith of the Billmarins - (watcher) - Savagely murdered by the Werecat and devoured in the long grass (Night 2)

Arctic Storm - Raving Alcoholic, Resident Moocher, and Lover of Naria - (lover) - Devoured head first by the Werebird (Night 2)

Naria - Lemba Baker - (werecat) - Dashed out her brains on the Ringbearer's Rock (Night 2)

Kitanna - One Legged Chambermaid - (ordo) - Ripped in two by the Werebear (Night 2)

Rune - Humungous Fungus Grower - (ordo) - Minced up into fertilizer by the Werewolf (Night 2)

Holbytlass - Oliphaunt Whisperer and Lover of Fintaeph - (lover) - Burned at the stake (Day 2)

Fintaeph - Mutton Herder and Purveyor of Fine-Quality Undead Prosthetic Limbs - (werebird) - Died a fiery death trying to save his lover from the flames (Day 2)

Lommy - Ostrich Chaser - (ordo) - Lured into a dark alley and devoured by the Werewolf (Night 3)

JennyHallu - Countess and Lover of mormegil - (lover) - Ripped apart and scattered in countless pieces by the Werebear (Night 3)

Mormegil - City Street Cleaner - (werewolf) - Despaired and died amongst the shreds of his lover (Night 3)

Valier - Arranger - (ranger) - Smothered to death with a goosedown pillow (Day 3)

Kath - Flower Girl - (ordo) - Devoured in her flower garden by the Werebear

Last edited by Diamond18; 11-05-2006 at 09:53 PM.
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 05:30 AM   #168
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Okay. This is the last Day, for good or ill. Good, if we lynch the Werebear or the Lover. Ill, if we don't. All they need is one vote for an innocent, and they will very easily jump to vote for that person. Game over. Naturally we'll all want to keep our votes as late as possible to make sure that we lynch the right person; I unfortunately, do not have that luxury, with the Day ending on a Sunday morning.

I'll be back within the hour for my vote. Early, I know, but this is all the time RL can give me. I will try my very best to make it count for the sake of our village.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:28 AM   #169
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I'll start with a post analysis of my biggest suspect, Farael.

#16 - Threatened Lhuna, considering that as the middle ground between distancing himself from her or saying she is innocent, both of which he perceived as Lover tactics. Fair enough, I suppose. He has had experience being a Lover, so he has an idea how it works. And we're really supposed to be suspicious of everyone in this game. But now that I think of it, it's a bit of an overreaction. It's a silly random vote, for goodness' sake.

Suspected Holby of werecreatureness for putting the villagers in categories. And she turns out to be a Lover, which is more or less the same thing in this game. He got a Day 1 hunch relatively right again.

#21 - Suspected Holby and Lommy of being Lovers, because the former "forgot" to add the latter to her list. Lommy pointing out that she had been missed was too innocent a behaviour, he said.

"...and those of you who know my playing style should do well in listening to me. It has been proven perilous for the ordos to ignore me."

I suppose he means that he normally gets first Day hunches right. Well, to be fair, it has happened twice (possibly more) before. And in one of those, he happened to have inside info. Now, even if he's a villain, he can't have inside info in this game. I just find it disturbing that he should say this, as though desperate to gain our trust.

#51 - Said he doesn't claim to be the Seer, and once again pointed out to his famed hunches. Would have almost voted for arcticstorm because of his erroneous claim that everyone voted for him because of Lhuna. Insisted on Holby's guilt. Twice told us to lynch him if we want to clear the air around him.

Another overreaction re arcticstorm.

#54 - Voted for Menel. Told the village to kill Holby for him should he die.

End of Day 1

#71 - Admitted that his self-preserving vote for Menel turned out to be an overkill, and was willing to take all the blame the village wants for it. Once again insisted on Holby's guilt because of her ill-explained vote. Suspected morm because he was still alive. And turns out to be right, again.

#74 - "...I will have to undergo a forced silence soon enough"

You know, there's something about him claiming to be dead soon each time, yet each Night he emerges unscathed. I can't quite put a finger to it, but it's really creeping me out.

A long post in which he once again insisted on Holby's guilt. He said too much here that I can only see being said by a genuine innocent, but we never know. Everyone can be sincere about wanting to get a suspicious person lynched, even villains, because they naturally want to be the last team standing.

#84 - Disagreed about killing all males, and this suggestion by Holby added to his doubts about her. He had good points, actually. Then again, he IS a male.

#91 - Voted for Holby. Thought morm sincere, but still wanted to keep an eye on him. Also thought Fintaeph sincere, and said that if he's a baddie he's doing an awfully good job at it.

End of Day 2

#116 - "I told you so" post about morm being a baddie. Considered having Rikae lynched for her silence.

The "I told you so" part irked me, honestly. Can't he just rejoice? Was that utterly necessary? As for lynching Rikae, it must be the effect of being in Werewolf XVI, and for that reason the suggestion made sense to me.

#124 - Suspected Valier with Jenny's death, and the fact that someone pointed out a possible Jenny-Valier pair the Day before.

#132 - Thought Kath may be sincere (in her assumption of a Mac-Farael pair) or may be up to something that Mac may be trying to get us off the trail. Thought Rikae defensive in going after him. Asked her if she's scared that we'll listen to him.

He has a point that Mac may be a villain. But what's that provocative statement to Rikae about?

#126 - Suspected a Valier-Rikae pair. That's how I understood the post.

#140 - Was quick to wonder if Valier would say that she is in love with someone. Really, all this forward-ness is making me uneasy.

#145 - The post to which Valier responded "Reactions to accusations tell all." Perhaps this is why she wanted us to look at him toDay.

"Hey, I may be bad for all you know, but then maybe you know better.... yet I'm still pretty proud of myself over my perfect record on first-day suspicions. Yes, it may be luck, but let me enjoy my fifteen minutes of sham... *ahem* fame.

Would you like your shoe with salt or perhaps mayo? I'm an ordo.... but I am getting even a stronger feeling you are not. I'd vote for you now, but why hurry?"

I don't understand why he had to point out his perfect record. And he's more sure of Valier's guilt because she suspected him? I don't get it.

#160 - Voted for Valier, said Rikae was a close second.

I already responded to this post.

Okay...so the Farael I know does do rather haphazard accusations, a fault we may attribute to a careless ordo or a bold villain. And he had been both in the past. There is nothing remarkably different in the way he plays now than before, apart from the fact that I don't think he ever "bragged" that he gets things right this way. This for me speaks against his favour.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:49 AM   #170
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Goodness, that took longer than I expected. Sadly I only have time for general impressions right now.

Rikae - Generally flew under the radar the first two Days, but emerged from her silence yesterDay and made plenty of sense. I doubt a werecreature would risk that absence, knowing that she could be lynched for it, but it's interesting that she emerged just in time.

Mac - Reading Kath's analysis of him made me suspicious of him, though he answered some of the points raised against him. That he voted for defenceless Durelin speaks against him, because it would be hard for us to question him for this vote.

Durelin - Successfully flew under the radar, as far as I'm concerned. If she's the last Werecreature...she can almost win this if we don't stop her.

Sadly I don't have time for actual quotes right now to support this, but I have a feeling that our last pair is Farael and Durelin. It can't be Farael and Rikae, as the latter voted for the former early yesterDay. Farael and Mac is a possibility, but if so, they are a very bold pair. Farael and Durelin barely mention each other, and it's interesting that Farael is quick to suspect everyone but Durelin. Not a good strategy for a Lover, but it could be that he can't risk it.

But wait...Durelin voted for Farael yesterDay! That's quite a sincere-looking mistake about time. Hmmm...does this mean Farael is actually innocent?

So, it could be Mac and Durelin, Mac and Rikae, or Durelin and Rikae. Who knows? All I'm sure is that I'm single and unavailable, thank you very much.

Sheesh, all that analysis of Farael for nothing. At least that's how I see it. You might see this differently. So I'm going for my second suspicion, the one most likely to be associated with someone...

++DURELIN

And I'm going to sleep. Here's hoping that I don't wake up in the Halls of Mandos, because if so that means the village lost.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:38 AM   #171
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So.. Kath is dead. Can't say I'm very surprised after all. The way she missed the first day pretty much gave away that she was an innocent. I mean, if she was otherwise, she would have pmed her lover or the mod, and either one would have told her to get into the fray - and quick!
I was her main suspect by a wide margin. There was her suspicion of me and Farael being a couple and her saying that I and Lhuna are not.
I think Kath made a very fine safe pick for the bear and his/her lover. Kinda fits in with the previous kills of Kitanna and Jenny, though we don't know whether they in fact had a solid suspicion about Jenny.

Rereading the last day made me a little suspicious of Farael again, and kept my suspicion of Durelin alive. I only had time to have a really close look at Farael (which might now look pretty useless after Lhuna's detailed analysis, but anyway). I hope I can manage a short analysis of Durelin later.

Farael is bold. That's nothing new and it's of course not suspicious in itself. But there are some specifics about his boldness that I think are weird.
- There's his argument against Rikae in #132. Just like Rikae immediateley points out, it makes no sense.
- he says he likes Kath's analysis of me, finds Rikae and Valier suspicious and thinks we should have a close look at the silent ones (Durelin and Valier). With the exception of Lhuna and Kath this covers everyone.
- his counterattack on Valier in #145 was quite aggressive, but I'll let it pass. What wonders me more is that he praises himself with his correct suspicions. In this particular game, that means nothing! (as Nogrod taught us some games ago, it never does, in fact) I understand he's happy that he's right, but come on...
- then in #160 he points out he's been playing the same way since three games. I think I couldn't play two days in a row the same way even if I tried.
- why does he point out that he would never notice if Lhuna is evil? Even if it's true, why did he point it out?

No offense intended, but I would hate, I would loathe to lose against someone who is so outspoken about his own innocence and this since the very first day. It would make us all look pretty stupid. I know this is no argument at any rate, but I just had to say it.

I'll be back later to vote, and hopefully to have a closer look at Durelin.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:59 AM   #172
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
What? Nobody else has posted in all that time??

I have to vote and I can't put as much reason into it as I liked to.

++Durelin, again

The other possibility would be voting Farael, since I find Rikae rather innocentish and Lhuna very helpful and well-balanced in her arguments. Durelin steered herself very much along the all-female-pair direction, which taken for itself is okay, but she takes it as far as to not looking at me and Farael anymore. Look at the way she was against the Farael-Mac-pair-idea! Since I know I'm not her lover (and no lover at all) I fear that she and Farael might be the last couple, but I'm not absolutely certain.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #173
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'd just like to say that you are indeed screwed... And am under the impression the Lhuna and Mac might be our final pair.

Just because one is wrong in their suspicions does not make them guilty. I wished to wait to vote, because before it came down to the end, the vote was garnering for people I did not then suspect. I now wish I had gone with Kath's continued suspicion of Mac...

I love Lhuna's last post here...she makes a big long analysis of Farael, a favorite among the suspected ones for a long time, and determines that of course I must be his lover...but the fact that I voted for him, at the deadline, means he must innocent. Yes, he simply must.

And then she votes for me...where's that nice big long analysis?

Mac's post is the same way...he analyzes Farael, and runs off only to come back and just vote for me...no "closer look." Maybe he didn't have the time...just like Lhuna?

Everyone has forgotten that on Day One we almost lynched Farael, and yet the people who voted for Menel and swayed the tie are all dead...except for Farael himself. None of them were his lover...otherwise he wouldn't be here. Rikae I can't be nearly as 'certain' about, but I actually agree with Mac's simple reasoning about her just enough...

Please, Rikae, Farael...I really really hope you're innocent...and if you are, please help me. I think you two are innocent...if you were here, I might not be so certain, but I think that at least one of you would have been active already today, if one or both of you were not innocent. Still, that doesn't necessarily mean anything...

If you aren't innocent...well, help these two lynch me and make a big ninny out of me.

Talk about flying under the radar...has Lhuna actually had anyone vote for her? Not as far as I can tell... Ugh, I wish I had paid more attention to her...

++Lhuna
Old 11-04-2006, 12:19 PM   #174
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
This is a tough one... I don't have a lot of time and yet I don't really think Durelin is all that guilty. Problem is, I'm not sure Lhuna is either, but if I vote for a third option Durelin will be lynched for sure. I guess I'll hold on to my vote, let's see if Rikae shows up... Ugh, if there's one horrible thing about playing Werewolf against people you've PM'd with is that I just can't get myself to mistrust Lhuna... and yet, the fact that she is such a nice gal may be the reason why she's reticient to kill me. After all, if both her and Mac had voted for me, odds are I would have gotten lynched... and at the same time, why not? would Lhuna let her friendlyness affect her judgement that much? and would Mac, her lover (if that scenario is correct at all) let that happen as well?

And what if Durelin is trying to put the wool over our eyes? what if she IS actually guilty?
Old 11-04-2006, 01:27 PM   #175
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Oh, boy. I'm almost sure now that Farael is guilty. I was very suspicious of him yesterday, and then innocent Valier warned us against him. If I'm right, his lover knew that he would be a likely candidate for today's lynching, unless she came up with a clever diversion (I say she because Mac seems very innocent). What could be better than appearing to suspect him, pinpointing someone else as his lover, and then voting for that someone else? If Lhuna suspected Farael so strongly, shouldn't she vote for him? Her reasoning in voting for Durelin is completely convoluted, as well: first she argues that Farael seems guilty, than says Durelin is probably his lover; than that because Durelin voted for him, she definitely isn't his lover (not necessarily true, especially when Farael wasn't in much danger at that point), and then votes for Durelin! Does anyone else think this makes absolutely no sense?
My vote most likely will be for Farael. Maybe Lhuna's initial points (which could have been a ruse to distract us) are right, and his lover is Durelin - or maybe my suspicions are right, and his lover is Lhuna. Either way, we win.
I would also like to say that it seems unlikely, at this point, that we have a female-female pair. Remember, Di said she might have same sex pairs, but the three that have died so far have all been male-female. This would have been by chance alone; the odds that the oonly same-sex pair would also be the last to survive are 25% those that they would have died already and since they didn't, they don't exist, 75%. It's not impossible, but I'm going with the best odds.

Last edited by Rikae; 11-04-2006 at 01:29 PM. Reason: bold lettering on names
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 01:56 PM   #176
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rikae, if you vote for me, you die... unless you are a werebear or her lover... but then, if you were, why not vote for whoever is innocent of Lhuna or Durelin? one moment... you DO need me to vote for Lhuna before you can vote for her and kill us all, if you are indeed a baddie.

Mind you, I say that if you vote for me you die, unless Durelin is actually a baddie... in that case we'll all survive, but you would have wasted your vote.

The options right now for you and I are either Durelin or Lhuna, and if I were you I'd discuss things about those two rather than talking about voting for me. Hell, you can even think I'm a baddie for all I care, the truth of the matter is, you cannot get me lynched any way.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:37 PM   #177
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, I have to go and I don't know if I'll be back in time to cast any votes... thus the question is. Do I trust Rikae?

It's quite problematic, because I am not sold on her innocense.... but then, I'm not sold on her guilt either.

On the other hand, I know that at least ONE baddie voted already. I'm innocent, even if Rikae won't believe it.

I don't know what to do, should I vote for Durelin and end it now? should I vote for Lhuna and let Rikae decide? what if Rikae is a baddie? and on the other hand, what if Durelin is?

The only way both baddies would vote before any other vote had been casted is if, indeed, they had timezone problems, which is the case for both Lhuna AND Mac...

Well, I can't decide thus there's only one thing to do.

I will not vote. I have to go NOW and I can't make up my mind. Thus Durelin is as good as dead, and we'll see how the game ends.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:52 PM   #178
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Inaction is the WORST choice right now.

Thank you, Farael, for sealing the loss.

Might as well just vote for me, Rikae.

Farael - Don't you think Rikae would have already voted and sealed my fate if she were evil? I now am practically certain you two are innocent...otherwise you would have voted to seal my fate...there's no reason for any werecreature or lover to wait to vote now. You are innocent, and I am innocent, and we can take these two out still...

Either way, you're afraid we're going to lose. Do something, and maybe we might win.

I hope you come back before this is through...
Old 11-04-2006, 03:11 PM   #179
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Farael, I had to go reread the rules. I see there are no retractions. This changes everything, since you're my top suspect.
I don't understand why Mac and Lhuna both expressed suspicion of you, and then voted for someone else.
Mac voted for Durelin...they couldn't be lovers, right? One vote among five players carries too much weight to trifle with it. It would be a very risky bluff, especially since it was the second vote.
I'm very uncertain about both Lhuna and Durelin. Of the two, Lhuna seems more suspicious, especially because of the strange way she arrived at her vote for Durelin. It just doesn't seem entirely honest.
I suppose I'll have to vote for ++Lhuna.
Of course, Farael, if she's your lover than you've already won, since one vote for Durelin will lynch her.
If you are actually innocent, Farael, choose wisely - it's up to you.

Last edited by Rikae; 11-04-2006 at 03:13 PM. Reason: spacing, for clarity
Old 11-04-2006, 03:23 PM   #180
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I don't think Farael will be back. Thank you for trying to help, though, Rikae.

But if he does come back...come on, Farael! Whether or not you're innocent, I never voted for you except in a last minute attempt to save our Ranger. The least you can do is help save me.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:14 PM   #181
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I didn't think I could manage to, but now I'm here until the deadline.

Farael was my main suspect at the beginning of the day, but I already finished my analysis of him when I saw Lhuna has made one. Then I wanted to do one on Durelin, but didn't have the time.

Why the heck didn't Farael vote?

Anyway, I see the following possibilities:

Since nobody gave Durelin her third vote it can only mean that
a) Lhuna and I are the lovers (which I know is not the case, but just for completeness' sake)
b) Durelin is evil

The question is: who is her lover?
It can't be Lhuna, because Durelin voted her.
So it could be me, Rikae or Farael.

If it's Farael, then it's over. He will return and vote Lhuna, then. If it is not him, then the fate of the village now lies in his hands, should he return.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #182
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

You know Farael's not coming back, Mac. It's coming down to the deadline...so you might as well gloat.

Unless Farael is actually Lhuna's lover and you really are an innocent? But of course you didn't even suggest that as a possibility. Because you can't think of Lhuna as being anyone expect your lover...

Edit: And I know Farael as Lhuna's lover doesn't make too much sense, but then...does Farael not voting make much sense period?
Old 11-04-2006, 07:38 PM   #183
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I was sure I wouldn't come back so I'm surely not sure he won't. Guilty or not, I wouldn't celebrate victory before it's official.

I agree though that his not voting doesn't make sense in any way. I don't understand him.

And, unless there's something mighty strange happening, there's only the possibilities of me and Lhuna being lovers, or you being guilty.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:40 PM   #184
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I mean guilty if I'm a lover and am going to get Durelin lynched, innocent if Durelin's guilty and we win!
Old 11-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #185
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Looks like our fate is sealed. So, who are you, werebear?
Old 11-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #186
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Farael and Lhuna, where are you? On a romantic date, I shouldn't wonder...
Old 11-04-2006, 08:11 PM   #187
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Lhuna is in a very different timezone, so I expect 9:10 EST is a very odd time in the morning for her... So unfortunately she won't get to gloat.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #188
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

This is a very weird way to end a game. If at least we absolutely knew Farael won't return and could end the game.
Now we have to wait... and wait... until the deadline falls.
Ah, well.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:39 PM   #189
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Last post!
Old 11-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #190
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Nope...we've still got an hour to go.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:10 PM   #191
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

*twirls thumbs*
Old 11-04-2006, 09:11 PM   #192
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

*attempts to hang herself and just ends up with a really big necklace*
Old 11-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #193
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I am the weaver!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #194
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

And I, yet again, did not get the opportunity to be evil...
Old 11-04-2006, 09:33 PM   #195
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

White Tree

Early on Lhuna and Mac declared their intention to slay Durelin. The Lead Tragic Actor climbed upon her stage and said, "Forsooth! This is an evil day! Is there no one who will save me and slay the evil Lhuna?"

"I would try," said Rikae, "but I need Farael's help."

Crickets chirped.

"Oh! Woe is me! Woe! Woe! Woe!" cried Durelin, laying the back of one hand to her forehead. "I fear I am spent!"

Crickets continued to chirp.

"Well, I think we've waited long enough," said Mac. He seized Durelin by the arms and dragged her from the stage.

Lhuna awoke from her nap and mused, "Now where did I put my smothering pillow?"

"May I kill her this time?" Mac requested.

"Oh very well, love," Lhuna agreed.

"Excellent!" said Mac, and proceeded to drag Durelin (who was still going on about the tragedy of her young life) over to one of his newly built gibbets. "I haven't had a chance to use this all week!"

"DOOM!" Durelin interjected into her soliloquy.

Mac slung a black hood over her head. "Don't worry," he said kindly, "it's hypoallergenic."

"Tis little comfort!" came Durelin's muffed voice from inside the hood.

"So sorry," said Mac, cinching the noose tightly around her neck. "I always did like your monologues." With that, he pulled the lever on the gibbet and smiled with satisfaction as the trapdoor opened without a hitch.

Durelin fell, snapping her neck. There was some momentary twitching and jerking, then her body fell still.

Farael chose that moment to amble up. "Hullo," he said. "What's up? Did I miss anything?"

Rikae sighed. Crickets chirped.

Lhuna rose from her hammock with an evil leer, and then in a biologically improbable moment, was no longer Lhuna the Beautiful Girl but the Lhuna the Werebear.

"I love it when she does that!" Mac sighed.

Lhuna rose to her full height and roared, then set upon Farael. He tried to flee, but found himself spinning his legs ineffectually, running in place. Lhuna plucked him up and stuffed him in her mouth.

"This is oddly satisfying," said Rikae as she watched the bear devour him in a cacophony of screams and crushing bones. She glanced at Mac and saw him reading a book. "What's that?"

"101 Ways to Prepare Honied Elf," he said.

"There are 101 ways?"

"Amazing, isn't it? Would you like to be boiled alive or minced?"

"You are a strange and twisted individual."

"I know," he said, raising a butcher knife. "Love does funny things to a person." With that, he chopped off her head. It rolled over to Lhuna, who lazily batted it between her paws.

"So, love," asked Mac, "what shall we do tomorrow night?"

~*~*~*~

The Dead 'Uns

Kath - Flower Girl - (ordo) - Devoured in her flower garden by the Werebear (Night 4)

Durelin - Lead Tragic Actor - (ordo) - Tragically lynched on the day of DOOM (Day 4)

Farael - Patient Suffering from Mad Elf Disease - (ordo) - Devoured by the Werebear (Day 4)

Rikae - Contortionist - (ordo) - Decapitated in preparation for the Werebear's next meal (Day 4)

Winners:

Lhuna - Beautiful Girl with the Sleeping Sickness - (werebear)

Mac - Builder of gibbets, unemployed for millennia and Lover of Lhuna - (lover)

Last edited by Diamond18; 11-05-2006 at 09:58 PM.
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:36 PM   #196
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

GARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

(For those of you who don't know, that was 'Arg' inverted.)

Old 11-04-2006, 09:36 PM   #197
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I'm guessing we can post, so I'd just like to say...

I told you Lhuna was evil!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:36 PM   #198
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well done Mac and Lhuna. One question, why Jenny? I was fairly convinced that Mac was evil yet I didn't know the lover ergo I didn't want to kill a male and not be 100% sure of it not killing another. I figured that when both pairs killed females they would figure out that we both had a male partner. Farael was a good smoke screen . Well done all.

Thanks Diamond.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:37 PM   #199
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Stupid real life. This could have been such a lovely day.
Those last hours were horrible. I would have loved to just tell you, but there was the tiny chance Farael really did turn up.

I'm too tired to properly gloat right now. I'll commence tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:40 PM   #200
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Oh...yeah...

Great game everyone!