User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-06-2002, 01:19 PM   #441
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Alright, Gaya and I have decided we're going to speed thigns up. Gaya and Co. will be meeting up with the Orcs. Rudhchamion and Co. save them. Mornovorion crashes into the fight. Sharpen your swords!
Old 10-06-2002, 02:02 PM   #442
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

well.. at least I have posted now.. after all empty promises about doing so SOON.. *ahem* I hope you don't think my post is too messy.. I wrote it rather fast and if there is anything you don't understand in it, make sure to tell me!

ok, I didn't speed up things to much, but they have at last gotten up to the orcs camp.. I though I would give Rinurion and Sauche a chance to answer my post before getting into battle..

A lil' question as well.. is Rinurion going to get captured as well? just wondering..
Old 10-06-2002, 02:25 PM   #443
Melichus
Haunting Spirit

Melichus has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Well, I don't know about the dragon idea, but you could play a couple of vampires, if of course everybody agrees to let you in...
Well there's what I think, do you have any RPGing experience, not that that will have any effect on my decision, I mean, I didn't have any before now, it would just be nice to know.
Hmpf. Vampires. Well, if that's all that's available, I'll take it if I must--I didn't have anything particular in mind when I first asked, certainly not dragons. But what kind of vampires are these? Who do they serve? What do they look like (I wouldn't expect the dracula-type of vampire in ME, perhaps some sort of hooded, robed creature maybe with some nice tentacles...). Or should I just come up with my own ideas about the specifics of the vampires?

No, I haven't had any previous RPG experience, but I do have a good deal of ability for descriptive/creative writing.

[ October 06, 2002: Message edited by: Melichus ]
"The other [theme] had now achieved a unity of its own; but it was loud, and vain, and endlessly repeated; and it had little harmony...and it essayed to drown the other music by the violence of its voice, but it seemed that its most triumphant notes were taken by the other and woven into its own solemn pattern..."
Old 10-06-2002, 06:58 PM   #444
Eruialiwen
Haunting Spirit

Eruialiwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruialiwen
Sting

Quote:
Hmpf. Vampires. Well, if that's all that's available, I'll take it if I must--I didn't have anything particular in mind when I first asked, certainly not dragons. But what kind of vampires are these? Who do they serve? What do they look like (I wouldn't expect the dracula-type of vampire in ME, perhaps some sort of hooded, robed creature maybe with some nice tentacles...). Or should I just come up with my own ideas about the specifics of the vampires?
I was the one with the dragon idea *hides* I'll leave my race of dragon to my fanfic as it seems to be disliked~ *grin with sweatdrop* ^_^' Vampires sound interesting, as long as they're not the Dracula types [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I seem to picture Middle-Earth vampires as creatures like the Nazgul only with actual bodies and faces -_-'
Old 10-06-2002, 09:52 PM   #445
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Er - well. The vampires would be on the side of the Dark lord, of course. Now I'm off to see about the posts!
Old 10-07-2002, 08:09 AM   #446
Gayahithwen
Wight

Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

I don't mind newbies.. I jsut think that for the good of the RPG you ought to at least skim through the discussion threads last pages, so you know where it's going.

Hhhhmmm... I'll keep my mouth shut and let the others have their saying in.. uumm.. everything before I say anything more. yikes! School is taking up all my brain capaticy and it doesn't seem to be any left for making useful and understandable sentences. *sobs*
At least we have a one week vacation soon..
Old 10-08-2002, 03:22 AM   #447
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

GW & Gaya, may I remind you that Rudh & Co. Are a couple of weeks ahead towards Dol Guldur? If Gaya’s company gets captured.. he’ll be captured too. It should be interested... since he’ll want to throttle Daegon once he finds out about the betrayal, no matter the reason.

I have no problem w/ newbies... and new characters. But please read Gilthalion’s rules on the 1st page of the Mirkwood discussion. Um... no dragons please... Smaug just died.

I’ll post ASAP... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

When I do... you all be ready for the enemies... Murû will be sending her spies all over Mirkwood! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ October 08, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 10-08-2002, 08:09 AM   #448
Melichus
Haunting Spirit

Melichus has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well...I suppose I could go ahead and post. My character will be one of the minions of the Dark Lord, a vampire of sorts.

Just a robed thing with a hood--maybe a tentacle hanging from a sleeve here and there. Perhaps it was one of the necromancer's servants, but since the necromancer is dead now (from what I've read) it just guards the lands of Dol Guldur from trespassers (by the way, what is in Dol Guldur now that is prompting the company with the white wolf to go there?)
"The other [theme] had now achieved a unity of its own; but it was loud, and vain, and endlessly repeated; and it had little harmony...and it essayed to drown the other music by the violence of its voice, but it seemed that its most triumphant notes were taken by the other and woven into its own solemn pattern..."
Old 10-08-2002, 02:23 PM   #449
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

Thalion - I know you guys are a couple of weeks ahead of us. All I can do is hope you'll get a bit delayed so we'll have a chance to catch up with you.. Uh, you get my point. Anyway, I ain't posting until at least SOMEONE else have been posting SOMETHING in there.. :Þ

*Gaya hasn't got anything to do, so just for fun, she starts polishing her frying pan. no special intentions for anyone, and certainly not a hint about 'you better post soon' just a little hobby of hers..*
Old 10-09-2002, 01:56 PM   #450
Dark-Caranthir
Haunting Spirit

Dark-Caranthir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Tentacles?

Why would they have tentacles?

Anyway, I won't be posting for the next two or three or four days, and I don't have much time now, so that's why I haven't posted, that's my excuse... buy it if you will.

Also, Morno will have been being watched, so the Enemy would have known that he has failed. Remember the bat watching him from the trees...
Old 10-11-2002, 05:01 AM   #451
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

GW and Anarya: I just wanna make sure its ok with you that Durazor joins up. Thalions okay with it all.

Aside from that the ideas are great! Were off to save some people then!! *grins*
Old 10-15-2002, 07:53 AM   #452
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Tara, you are disoriented! Check the previous posts to where we are headed!
Also, Anarya & GW are a bit busy to reply... but we’ve allowed additional characters previously... as long as it went with the flow of the story. If Durazor doesn’t post soon, I’ll consider that he wasn’t really interested after all. It ‘s alright, no harm done.

Melichus, vampires don’t have tentacles... unless it was an octopus or squid by origin perhaps. If not a vampire, there are other interesting villains! You could also be an easterling... er, if you really want group up with my Orc captain Wazrarz and Mistress Vampire, Muru [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Eruial, hmmm, if you really want to be a villain go ahead, be a vamp. Or if you wish to side with the elves, maybe a human ranger? Just make your character interesting! We also have some characters that have been abandoned... you could resurrect those if you wish! Some are females, others are males. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

GW & Anarya, it looks like we three are pretty busy these days! My apologies... I am helping a close relative go through chemotherapy at the moment... I’ll try to check in more often!

WHERE ARE SAUCHE, AMARYLLIS & TINUIEL?

[ October 15, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 10-21-2002, 05:49 AM   #453
Dark-Caranthir
Haunting Spirit

Dark-Caranthir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi guys,

I sent a PM to Tinuiel, she is very busy at the moment, but as soon as Morno is finished his dream, she will try to fit some time in.

Also, I need a hand, Morno's dream will just be repeating everything that has already happened so it might be quite boring. So does anyone have any idea what I could post in between now and him waking up...
Old 10-29-2002, 01:31 AM   #454
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

DC, your dream state is consistent... but maybe it would have been better if you had written more of Morno’s ordeal while he was being tortured. Perhaps inserted more “nasties” that Rudhchcamion and Co. Would be meeting.
Anyways, as it is... why not just write some more, but post Tinuiel in. Have her “mingle” with you’re character. She would try to turn you back to good. I really think she’d make you into an ally, being loyal to Thranduil and being very compassionate... then you could like “try” to make amends and help out the elves.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:07 PM   #455
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

Hhhhmmm.. I think the next part would be Daegon & Co. being found and attacked, right?

Hhhmmm... I'm to tired for this..
Old 11-03-2002, 07:40 PM   #456
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Anarya SilverBranch has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

sorry I haven't written in a while. I've been really busy. I've got a C+ in latin and my parents are really mad [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] and between the end of field hockey and beginning of the swim team, along with student council, writing club and debate club and homework I have had virtually no time to myself in the past few weeks!! AHHHH I'm about to rip my hair out!!!!!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

hooo, anyway I hope I have not missed anything earth shattering as of yet. I tried to move the story along a bit but I think I failed. I'm too tired to really think right now. I know its only eight thirty but whatever, I'm going to bed, good night.

[ November 03, 2002: Message edited by: Anarya SilverBranch ]
Old 11-04-2002, 01:43 PM   #457
Durazor
Pile O'Bones

Durazor has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

*sigh* Im very sorry, but I simply haven't the time for this, with school all. Like Thali said, no harm done. Good luck!
Old 11-08-2002, 03:19 AM   #458
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Hee hee! Im back! Sorry, had MAJOR exams!!! someone PM me and try to update? ive read the posts but its still a little above my head. Not sure whats decided or not. I dont wanna post something thats botched (like last time);P
Old 11-11-2002, 08:48 AM   #459
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Sorry everyone for the long absence. I had to tend to a very sick relative, I’m helping her go through chemotherapy. Two sessions down… eight more to go! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] *sighs*

Okay… let’s pick up a little to distract me for a moment from the real world. This story needs more actions, more spice! GW, Anarya, Tara, you guys up to the challenge? Becareful of Mùrú… her name means Primeval night and she’s the progeny of Thuringel (the vampire in Beren & Luthien’s time, I forgot the spelling *blah!*)

How’s about Sauche’s group? Rinurion is more of an action guy… so let’s put some nasties towards you guys too! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Okay, okay… next time more of the enemies! So you all watch out! Hmmm… maybe the lady vamp can try to regain her control on Morno… ahhh such evil possibilities! And he’s in the place she wants him to be! Hehehehe! I wonder if he can fight her off, since Tinuiel is with him. Dang, elf maidens are harder to fight these days…

So come on everyone! Get a Move ON!!!
Old 11-12-2002, 12:11 PM   #460
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

Ok, I've posted. I'm beginning to hate Gaya's stupidity. and I also don't like (so much) her being such a underpowered character. She can't even kill a single orc! Gah! All the others can at least handle their weapons! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] No, I'm not as irritated as I may sound. I'm just a tiny bit mad at myself for having to be underpowered. I'll get over it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hhhhmmm.. anyway.. What next? I think that is up to the 'spectators', considering Gaya just passed out.
Old 11-25-2002, 03:19 PM   #461
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Fair Amaryllis has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fair Amaryllis
Silmaril

sooooooooooooooooooooooooo... what next?
Are we going to continue or just sit here doing nothing for a while?

[ December 01, 2002: Message edited by: Fair Amaryllis ]
Old 12-09-2002, 05:52 AM   #462
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rud, Anarya, GW:I have moved things along a little and leave that to you....

Gaya:any concensus on your route to any place doodie? I agree Gaya should get some basic skills going. Maybe put that in as a filler while catching up with Rud and Co? only a suggestion

As for vamps, just let me know the basics of them, they seem pretty cool! Cant wait!! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2002, 03:13 AM   #463
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

Ok, me and Tara thought it would be a shame letting this rp die. Hopefully, you others think that as well.

Let me see.. I left Gaya unconsious on the ground - and Daegon is somewhere with the orcs, right? So, I'm not sure what to post next. Someone else from our part of the rp posting soon would help a lot, I think.

EDIT: This is my 500th post! Congratulate me, people! *grins*

[ December 10, 2002: Message edited by: Gayahithwen ]
Old 12-10-2002, 09:13 AM   #464
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Congratulations, Gaya! I was wondering if this RPG was active or not so I left it in temporary storage. You all may wish to PM your other players to really get things going. I'll leave this RPG here for a day or two, then it will be moved into one of the permanent RPG forums.
Old 01-05-2003, 05:29 AM   #465
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

im here too! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Well, Gaya and I will just have to wait.... and this is killing me guys! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

But Ive had plenty of time to think about how to get all the party together, which is good. Kidnapping does sound the way to go, and Gaya andco are allready in the perfect situation....

Take it away highness!!! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2003, 06:24 PM   #466
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

It seems that you will be continuing with this RPG. If that is the case, we will move it to one of the RPG forums as this game is the last remaining in temporary storage.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:20 PM   #467
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Fair Amaryllis has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fair Amaryllis
Sting

are we going to have to go somewhere else to post? Or do we still have the same address just a different location in the site?
Old 01-20-2003, 08:44 AM   #468
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

If you will confirm for me that you have a few players willing to continue, I will move this RPG and discussion thread to either The Shire or Rohan, depending on which has more room. Both forums are accessed from our main message board.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:31 PM   #469
luin'loki
Animated Skeleton

luin'loki has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

My name shall be Himdelothiel. I am a good warrior. I carry a dagger engraved with characters which describe my personal attributes in a forgotten language. I am about 5'tall, with beautiful golden blonde hair that is kidney length. I wear blue and red to blend with the sky and the blood strewn ground of battle and hatred.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:26 PM   #470
devil_666

Tolkien

Hey I want in I LIVE for RPG's! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2003, 07:36 PM   #471
devil_666

Sting

my name will be Aviri. an elf but strong as a ox and pulls her own weight and wishes to be known as a worrior and not just a pretty elf girl.

Old 01-30-2003, 07:45 PM   #472
devil_666

Sting

height: 5'5"
Eyes: pale blue with dark green rings around the outside
Hair:Golden/ Blond
Skin: Fair

Old 01-31-2003, 06:31 AM   #473
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hey folks!
Sorry for the mighty long absence. IRL caught up with me and hit me like you'd never imagine. Gayahithwen spoke with me at the BD chatroom(hehehehe - no frying pan! woohoo!). I was suprised that the format was changing... but now let's get things rolling.

(And besides Rudh was beginning to pester me with my negligence... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] )
ANARYA, KHELEK & TARA
where in Middle Earth are you guys? I know you must be pretty busy too... how about a once a week input? I PROMISE to do my share more often.

Mirkwood is in great danger - we all have to discover the mystery and peril that Dol Guldur holds before its too late!
Perhaps some help from ranger friends or elven kin from Lorien, Rivendell seems a bit far - but who knows?

LET THE ADVENTURE CONTINUE!
Oh and to those who wish to join - WELCOME! but please read the story since a plot has already been given... so your post will jive harmoniously with the previous posts!
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ January 31, 2003: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 02-03-2003, 04:08 AM   #474
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Woo woo!
Glad youre back Thali!!! Gaya and I were going nuts!!!

Okies, off we go then! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2003, 02:50 PM   #475
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Very well then. I will be moving this RPG and its discussion thread to either the Shire or Rohan depending upon which is busier at the moment. The forum which you will be placed in will not necessarily reflect the quality of the game (beginner or intermediate). It will be placed in whatever forum has room for it.
Old 02-03-2003, 04:37 PM   #476
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Mithadan will soon be closing Temporary Storage and moving your RPG to the Shire, where you can continue to play it.

~~~ First, let me welcome this great game and group of writers to the Shire! ~~~

I do need some things put in place once it is moved:

1.) Can one of you please take charge as the Game's owner. You will be in charge of directing the flow of the game.

2.) The players and the Game owner need to discuss both an end date for the game, and a reachable end goal which will signal the game's end. This is a requirement for all games in the Shire

3.) Will you be accepting any new players into the game, and what sort will you allow (Elves, Men, etc.). If you do accept any players, is there a limit to their number?

4.) All players please remember to disable your signatures for all future postings in the game itself. (A general rule now in all Barrow Downs games). You may, of course, leave your signature on for the Discussion thread.

Thanks! -- Piosenniel (Pio), Shire Moderator
Old 02-04-2003, 05:07 PM   #477
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

This RPG and its discussion thread have been moved to the Shire.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:18 AM   #478
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Will one of the players please PM me.

We need to discuss whether you want to keep this game open or not.

-- Piosenniel, Shire Moderator
Old 02-07-2003, 06:37 AM   #479
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Pio(senniel),
sorry for the delay in replying... although my comrades in Mirkwood are quite busy at the moment, we do wish for the RPG to continue. We are busy... I for one am kept busy between jobs and hospital, while most players are students, some are amnesiacs, while others are just plain - er, sluggards.

Enough excuses... where do we go from here? I was expecting Gilthalion to come in anytime. But since he hasn't come around I've tried to move the story as best as I could. Except when some, not all of them!, of the females start fainting, or otherwise knocked silly, ehem, I mean knocked unconscious in the middle of battle -I think we've done fine.

What else, what else... who shall lead this adventure? Well, we've been split into two groups, Rudhchamion leads one to Dol Goldur (where Gilthalion had hinted we go). The other is with Rinurion (oh wait, I'm handling him too!) and Gayahithwen. Mornovarion and Tinuiel have been left at Thranduil's kingdom, hopefully to solve the mystery on why elvenkind is being used to turn against their the woodland realm kin.

To my fellow RPG players of Mirkwood,
Where the heck are you guys????
To those who wish to join in the Mirkwood RPG
by all means, you are welcome... but please read enough of the story to jump in ! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2003, 05:12 AM   #480
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

*jumps up and down* I'm here!!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Well...I'm still trying to sort out how the heck we get into Dol Goldur... I'll keep stewing on that. But just letting you know I'm still alive!!