The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Forum Glitches?

It's possible (or probable) I've gone totally mad, but I'm almost certain my post count has dropped by about 20 posts today.
Not only that, but when I today reported two spam threads, which in my understanding is done by e-mail, I saw my post count rise by a corresponding number!
How very odd.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
You get a second chance to do your 2000th post.

Maybe a mod deleted an old thread which had your posts?
Old 11-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
If reporting posts counts as a post for me, then those posts I reported were deleted, that would explain it, I guess.
I've never noticed the phenomenon before, though.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:19 PM   #4
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Observant wights don't miss a trick!

In fact, since we set up the infraction system that lets us easily ban spammers, the forum has been set to automatically generate both Reported Post and Infraction Notification threads in the moderator's forum. It's been over two years, I think, so consequently we had a few hundred threads junking up the forum. In recent months, spammers have become such a nuisance that normal threads are quickly buried under these automatic threads.

When I realized yesterday that I had missed a couple of threads that could have used my attention because of this, I did indeed go and do a mass deletion. I did some rebuilding of stats, but I didn't realize that it would affect post counts. Sorry about the reduction, but consider it a badge of honor for being such a sharp-eyed spam-hunter.
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #5
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Thanks for the clarification, Mister U. And spambot hunting is a fun pastime.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #6
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Has anyone else found the Calendar to be stuck on Dec. 2012? It simply won't advance from that for me.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:10 PM   #7
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
For the last couple hours I've been redirected to a white-and-blue themed search site with various suggested LOTR search terms when I tried to get to this site. I have no idea what that was, but it was somewhat amusing. Did anyone else witness that teleportation?
Old 10-12-2016, 04:00 PM   #8
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I haven't seen that, being on and off of here all today.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:23 PM   #9
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

I had the screen too.

It also said the barrowdowns.com domain name had expired.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:13 AM   #10
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

1420!

But we're back! Insert catchy theme song here.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:30 AM   #11
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Downers on Facebook contacted the Barrow Wight about the problem and Mithadan was able to find out how to correct the domain issue, which the BW promptly did.

Voila, the Downs is back in town. Is there an elvish word for voila?